This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers Studio Series General Discussion Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Transformers Studio Series Discussion

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:20 am

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
First-Aid wrote:On this guy, have you had issues with those missile "three-packs" not staying put in either car or robot mode? Seems mine aren't very snug and I'm concerned about losing them in the long run.

I've had a couple issues with the little guns. the missiles peg in nicely with the lower slot, but the upper slot won't hold on the fenders, so in robot mode they are mounted by that tab on the roof on his back. The little guns hold fairly well on his arms, but are loose on his roof mounts.

I really wish they would have gone with the 5mm peg or something, or at least done a little bit more refining on the tab and slots they used, I am worried about losing weapons from him in the future
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Postby TF-fan kev777 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:59 am

D-Maximal_Primal wrote:
First-Aid wrote:On this guy, have you had issues with those missile "three-packs" not staying put in either car or robot mode? Seems mine aren't very snug and I'm concerned about losing them in the long run.

I've had a couple issues with the little guns. the missiles peg in nicely with the lower slot, but the upper slot won't hold on the fenders, so in robot mode they are mounted by that tab on the roof on his back. The little guns hold fairly well on his arms, but are loose on his roof mounts.

I really wish they would have gone with the 5mm peg or something, or at least done a little bit more refining on the tab and slots they used, I am worried about losing weapons from him in the future

I have the same issue as D-Max on one of my 2 missiles, but don't have the issue with the guns. I honestly don't really care about the missiles so they went right back into the box for storage.
TF-fan kev777
City Commander
News Credits: 42
Strength: 7
Speed: 8
Endurance: 10
Courage: 9
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:44 am

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Rodimus Prime wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote:Now, back on topic, I have a question for all of you who own SS Leadfoot already. How does he compare to the original Leadfoot figure? Heftier? More or less poseable?
I don't think many folks even own the original Deluxe Leadfoot figure to compare. The original Deluxe only came out in the Japanese DOTM line while the Target-exclusive US release of the Deluxe was canceled, which made the Japanese release very sought after and hard to come by.
Huh. I didn't know that. I could have sworn Target released a deluxe back in 2011 or '12. I guess that's 1 more reason why this one is so sought after. Now I get why D-Max said the Wreckers are finally together.
Target released the old Human Alliance figure of Leadfoot, but the Deluxe fell victim to the great cancelation of many tail-ender DOTM figures that never saw release in the US, along with the likes of Deluxe Soundwave, Deluxe Wheeljack, the entire "Movie Trilogy" Deluxe class subline, Human Alliance Soundwave, and more.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 436
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby Seibertron » Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:04 am

Motto: "'Til All Are One!"
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
chuckdawg1999 wrote:
Seibertron wrote:I'm not feeling Kup. I like Hot Rod though. There are a few things off with Kup from his face sculpt, head sculpt, and the bulk of his chest. It's close? I dunno. Just seems off to me. Not very Studio Series like compared to some of the other products that have leaked. Kind of a bummer considering how much after hoping for a new Kup after the really disappointing Titans Return Kup.

From what I've been able to find out, the early release squad had parts of Kup mis-transformed in robot mode leading to the figure looking off.

That doesn't fix the head or face sculpt that are off.
Seibertron
Site Owner
News Credits: 3554
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Alt Mode: Supersonic Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 10
Endurance: 9
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10+

Postby -Kanrabat- » Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:09 am

Motto: "Love it? GET IT!
It's that simple."
Weapon: Vibro-Axe
Seibertron wrote:
That doesn't fix the head or face sculpt that are off.

Well, 3P upgrade kit to the rescue, like it was for the old classic Generations mold.
Come see my latest creation, a Galvatron Combiner using 4 SS86 Sweeps as limbs HERE!

Also, an update to my old ALL HELICOPER VICTORION!

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 95
Watch -Kanrabat- on YouTube
Buy from -Kanrabat- on eBay
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Postby Wolfman Jake » Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:52 am

Motto: ""A mountain with a wolf on it stands a little taller."
-Edward Hoagland"
Weapon: Retractable Mecha-Fangs
chuckdawg1999 wrote:
Seibertron wrote:I'm not feeling Kup. I like Hot Rod though. There are a few things off with Kup from his face sculpt, head sculpt, and the bulk of his chest. It's close? I dunno. Just seems off to me. Not very Studio Series like compared to some of the other products that have leaked. Kind of a bummer considering how much after hoping for a new Kup after the really disappointing Titans Return Kup.

From what I've been able to find out, the early release squad had parts of Kup mis-transformed in robot mode leading to the figure looking off.

Does this include TonTon's in-hand review from earlier this week? Studio Series Kup is definitely not as nearly perfect as Studio Series Hot Rod, but I think he's still the best Kup we've had so far. He's much more on-model than the Legends release by Takara a few years back. The colors are spot on. I'll be quite happy with it until the next time they redo G1 Kup.
Wolfman Jake - Spendin' the day howlin' away.
Wolfman Jake
Faction Commander
News Credits: 65
Alt Mode: Wolf
Strength: 6
Firepower: 2

Postby chuckdawg1999 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:20 am

Motto: "The man, the myth, the legend... yeah right."
Wolfman Jake wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:

Does this include TonTon's in-hand review from earlier this week? Studio Series Kup is definitely not as nearly perfect as Studio Series Hot Rod, but I think he's still the best Kup we've had so far. He's much more on-model than the Legends release by Takara a few years back. The colors are spot on. I'll be quite happy with it until the next time they redo G1 Kup.

Yes, as far as I know he's the only one with a review up. Keep in mind it's also believed that he did something wrong with Hot Rods car mode. These are things that can be solved when the retail release figures are in the hands of reviewers. Except for Kup's head, nothing can fix that.
chuckdawg1999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 317
Watch chuckdawg1999 on YouTube
Buy from chuckdawg1999 on eBay
Speed: 10
Skill: 10

Postby Wolfman Jake » Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:21 am

-Edward Hoagland"
chuckdawg1999 wrote:
Wolfman Jake wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:

Yes, as far as I know he's the only one with a review up. Keep in mind it's also believed that he did something wrong with Hot Rods car mode. These are things that can be solved when the retail release figures are in the hands of reviewers. Except for Kup's head, nothing can fix that.

Nothing can fix a busted face :lol:
Wolfman Jake
Faction Commander

Postby chuckdawg1999 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:23 am

Wolfman Jake wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:
Wolfman Jake wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:

Nothing can fix a busted face :lol:

Not for nothing, he looks a little like Lionel Stander, the voice actor who did Kup.
chuckdawg1999
Matrix Keeper

Postby ZeroWolf » Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:31 am

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
I don't see the problem with Kups face the Titan Returns/Legends one looks pudgy compared to the animation :-?
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
News Credits: 1350

Postby Wolfman Jake » Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:17 pm

-Edward Hoagland"
ZeroWolf wrote:I don't see the problem with Kups face the Titan Returns/Legends one looks pudgy compared to the animation :-?

I don't have a problem with his face either. It looks pretty spot-on to me. But faces appear to be a very personal matter when it comes to knowing what you like. There could be some subtle aspect in Kup's animation character model face that isn't translated to toy form and is throwing some people off. A lot of people hate Earthrise Megatron's face too, compared to the Siege version, but I think the Earthrise one is the most accurate rendition yet in toy form.
Wolfman Jake
Faction Commander

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:21 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
Wolfman Jake wrote:A lot of people hate Earthrise Megatron's face too, compared to the Siege version, but I think the Earthrise one is the most accurate rendition yet in toy form.

Being on the butt-end of these comments for the past 13 years, let me say this: just because it is accurate does not mean it's good.

I am honestly so confused as to why this Kup doesn't answer people's dreams, and why the TR one didn't either. to me, the TR Kup is perfection, I do not ever need another Kup thanks to that figure. He's really great.

It's not like what they did with voyager movie 1 Megs where they gave him the complete wrong torso or anything. I honestly don't see it at all
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Strength: 5
Endurance: 7

Postby ZeroWolf » Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:53 pm

Wolfman Jake wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:I don't see the problem with Kups face the Titan Returns/Legends one looks pudgy compared to the animation :-?

I don't have a problem with his face either. It looks pretty spot-on to me. But faces appear to be a very personal matter when it comes to knowing what you like. There could be some subtle aspect in Kup's animation character model face that isn't translated to toy form and is throwing some people off. A lot of people hate Earthrise Megatron's face too, compared to the Siege version, but I think the Earthrise one is the most accurate rendition yet in toy form.

Oh I know it's just subjective but I'm trying to see it from their point of view to understand better. :) This will probably be the only Kup I own to be fair, I never got the Generations or Titan's Returns toys.

Given that we finally saw one of the leader class toys for Kingdom, do you think Hasbro will show off Grimlock and Wheelie this weekend?
ZeroWolf
News Admin

Postby Seibertron » Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:06 pm

I figured out what's irking me with Kup's head and face. His toy head is block shaped whereas his animation model is sort of "V" shaped (it's wider at the top than at the bottom, plus the top head piece is bulkier). As for his face, (I'll admit this is a personal preference) but it's his pronounced lips that irk me as well as the angle of his eyes (they slant upwards instead of being flat horizontally or slightly down angled). Plus the Studio Series toy's head has "vents" or whatever off to the sides of his face, a design element that shouldn't be there at all. I understand that for Titans Return or Generations, but not for Studio Series which is supposed to be "what you see is what you get" for the most part.

Here are screenshots from the Movie and from the Chaos episode in Season 3.

As for the vehicle mode, while the vehicle mode looks great, the colors are way off. I knew it wasn't my imagination (as shown below). I couldn't remember what episode Kup transformed into vehicle mode in Season 3 so I gave up after scanning through a few episodes. Maybe someone can point me in the right direction so I have another example other than the movie.

Seibertron
Site Owner

Postby ZeroWolf » Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:16 pm

Right I understand now, thanks for clarifying. I see what you mean about the fave but I still feel that this is the best yet.
ZeroWolf
News Admin

Postby Seibertron » Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:20 pm

I attempted to fix his head with some really quick Photoshop work just to demonstrate what I'm talking about. I expanded the width of the sides of his head, angled it a little bit to achieve more of the "V" shape to his head, made his forehead crest a little bigger and the "headband" a little thicker. After I did that, I didn't mind his face sculpt as much so I left it alone, but I would have preferred less "sad" eyes.

Seibertron
Site Owner

Postby RK_Striker_JK_5 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:47 pm

Motto: "'Til All are One!"
Weapon: Electron Gun
Seibertron wrote:I attempted to fix his head with some really quick Photoshop work just to demonstrate what I'm talking about. I expanded the width of the sides of his head, angled it a little bit to achieve more of the "V" shape to his head, made his forehead crest a little bigger and the "headband" a little thicker. After I did that, I didn't mind his face sculpt as much so I left it alone, but I would have preferred less "sad" eyes.

Nice job on the head! :) It's a definite improvement, there.

I got rid of all my cardboard backdrops and yeah. It is a massive improvement overall. Into the recycling bin they went, opening up a metaphorical ton of space.
Not caring about scale since 1984. Just like Hasbro.
RK_Striker_JK_5
Faction Commander
Strength: 4
Speed: 6
Firepower: 4
Skill: 6

Postby Rodimus Prime » Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:31 pm

Motto: "Individual freedom above all else."
The white parts on him are also wrong, they should be darker. And his chin is too big as well.
........Image
Rodimus Prime
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 22

Postby Seibertron » Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:53 pm

Rodimus Prime wrote:The white parts on him are also wrong, they should be darker. And his chin is too big as well.

Maybe a tad, but it looks fairly proportionate to his animation model.

I agree about the "white" being wrong. It's way too light of a color (assuming TonTon's lighting is too bright). His windshield also drives me crazy. I like the tech detailing, but the plastic needed to be a translucent whitish color.
Seibertron
Site Owner

Postby -Kanrabat- » Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:55 pm

Motto: "Love it? GET IT!
It's that simple."
Weapon: Vibro-Axe
A friendly reminder:

Come see my latest creation, a Galvatron Combiner using 4 SS86 Sweeps as limbs HERE!

Also, an update to my old ALL HELICOPER VICTORION!

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 95
Watch -Kanrabat- on YouTube
Buy from -Kanrabat- on eBay
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Postby Seibertron » Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:03 pm

-Kanrabat- wrote:A friendly reminder:

The shape of the head is correct on the Generations Kup, but I prefer the face on the Studio Series version. I didn't realize until now that the lighter colors are missing on Generations Kup. :)
Seibertron
Site Owner

Postby chuckdawg1999 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:09 pm

RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:
Seibertron wrote:I attempted to fix his head with some really quick Photoshop work just to demonstrate what I'm talking about. I expanded the width of the sides of his head, angled it a little bit to achieve more of the "V" shape to his head, made his forehead crest a little bigger and the "headband" a little thicker. After I did that, I didn't mind his face sculpt as much so I left it alone, but I would have preferred less "sad" eyes.

Nice job on the head! :) It's a definite improvement, there.

I got rid of all my cardboard backdrops and yeah. It is a massive improvement overall. Into the recycling bin they went, opening up a metaphorical ton of space.

Those eyes, they've seen things. Like he walked in on Hot Rod at a "Bad" time.
chuckdawg1999
Matrix Keeper

New Image Of Studio Series 69 Devastator Box Set Compared To Titan Class Boxes

Postby ZeroWolf » Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:16 pm

Greetings Seibertronians! Taking the discussion away from the Studio Series 86 figures for a moment, fellow Seibertron user, -WonkoTheSane-, has let us know that a new image of the Studio Series Devastator has surfaced! The photo apparently comes from a store in Thailand and was shared by the Facebook account, Amorntrade.

As you can see from the image, the boxes of Earthrise Titan Class Scorponok and Siege Titan Class Omega Supreme have been arranged on top of the Devastator box to give you an idea of the scale of this set. To further aid this, Earthrise Deluxe Class Cliffjumper has been placed in front of it.

This set fearures all the previously released Constructicons, substituting Ramage for Skipjack. It also possibly features new decos but as no close ups of the figures have surfaced yet, it isn't proven.

What do you think of this devastatingly good depiction of the monstrous combiner from Revenge of the Fallen? Have you been holding out for this set? Let us know in the Energon Pub and stay tuned to Seibertron for all the latest news and reviews!
ZeroWolf
News Admin

Postby Quantum Surge » Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:27 pm

Motto: "I'm real when it's useful."
Weapon: Twin Swords
Sounds neat but I'm good with my individually onws for now.
Action Figure Wishlist:

G1 Deadend, Wildrider, Breakdown w/Menasor fists, feet, waist, chest, mask, and weapons
POTP (Optimal Optimus, Rodimus Unicronus)
Titans Return (Topspin, Octone)
Cybertron Galvatron
Go! Hunter Optimus Prime
ROTF Mindwipe, Lockdown
HasLab Unicron
Quantum Surge
Targetmaster
News Credits: 4
Watch Quantum Surge on YouTube
Alt Mode: Batmobile

Postby RK_Striker_JK_5 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:39 pm

Motto: "'Til All are One!"
Weapon: Electron Gun
Easy pass for me. I've got Devastator assembled right now, with Skipjack hanging out on the shelf above.
Not caring about scale since 1984. Just like Hasbro.
RK_Striker_JK_5
Faction Commander
Strength: 4
Speed: 6
Firepower: 4
Skill: 6

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #22 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 230926R"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #10 Cover B IDW Comics 2019 BOLD NEW ERA 10B (CA) Deer"
TRANSFORMERS #10 C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers MOVIE PREQUEL #1 RI-B IDW Comics 2007 1RIB 230323"
Transformers MOVIE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #23 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 230926W"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #10 Cvr B IDW Comics 2021 SEP210479 10B (CA) Williams II"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers MORE THAN MEETS THE EYE #45 RE IDW Comics 2015 210411A (CA) Coller"
Transformers MORE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers REIGN STARSCREAM #2 Cvr A IDW Comics 2008 Movie Sequel 2A 210411A"
Transformers REIGN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers ART TREVOR HUTCHISON #0 All Hail Megatron IDW Comics 2009"
Transformers ART T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS UNIVERSE #2 Marvel Comics 1987 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 230926T"
TRANSFORMERS UNIVE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #14 Cvr B IDW Comics 2022 JAN220491 14B (CA) Chi"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "REVOLUTION TRANSFORMERS ONE-SHOT Sub Cover IDW Comics 2016 (CA) Griffith 230124"
REVOLUTION TRANSFO ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #6 Cvr C 1:10 Image Comics 2024 Skybound 0124IM321 6C (CA) Arocena"
NEW!
TRANSFORMERS #6 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS ESCAPE #1 Cvr B IDW Comics 2020 OCT200411 1B (CA) Chan"
TRANSFORMERS ESCAP ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #3 Cvr C 1:10 Image Comics 2023 JUN230377 3C (CA) Mali (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #3 Cvr ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Roadtrap" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Quintus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Power Charge Bumblebee Action Figure - Spinning Core, Lights and Sounds - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 10.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Outback" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Twin Twist and Flameout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Terrorcon Hun-Gurrr" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Clobber" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Peterman Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Menasor Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 8 Newman Action Figure" on AMAZON