This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers Studio Series General Discussion Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Transformers Studio Series Discussion

Postby Rodimus Prime » Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:15 pm

Motto: "Individual freedom above all else."
-WonkoTheSane- wrote:How many people are planning to buy three of him, One for Scourge, Two for the Sweeps. :D
I'm gonna get 1 Scourge and buy another TR Scourge to go with the 1 I have to represent the Sweeps.
........Image
Rodimus Prime
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 22

Postby Sowndwave76 » Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:35 pm

Motto: "They wanna play my emotions, but I'm like the ocean-- too calm to get upset by somebody's notion."
Weapon: Concussion Blaster Gun
-WonkoTheSane- wrote:On another note, I think Scourge looks really good, Possibly the best Scourge yet.
I do wonder though, How many people are planning to buy three of him, One for Scourge, Two for the Sweeps. :D

Depending on what else comes from this line, I really will consider getting 3... As I said in my previous post, it's difficult for me to see how a future version (in a regular release line) of this guy could be substantially better than this one.

What I wonder is what Hastak is thinking; making figures that are this good may mean more and more people are with me in finally being able to say, "This is an incredible figure... And now I'm freed from ever spending another dime on any other figure of this character... Hastak is going be getting less and less of my money from now on".

Makes me think of TR Galvatron... Finally a voyager, most of him looked really solid, and people bit... But I don't believe that Hasbro was thinking, "Well people, this is it... This is THE Galvatron that everyone will buy and love forever... Looks like we can close the design book on this guy".
I'm sure a lot of people do like that figure. But Hasbro probably knew going into that release, "Yeah, we stand behind this, but the head gimmick IS a bit of a compromise... Oh well, looks like in a few years we'll get some more money for another version".
Which is not to suggest this is some new insight. Improvements as well as gimmicks have provided some variety to core characters.
Just interesting to think that sooner than later people won't really want new versions of some of these characters because we're getting to the point where figures won't be substantially better.
And for someone like me who's not into gimmicks, seems like ER and SS86 will in some ways be the final chapter of my collection.
Sowndwave76
Gestalt
News Credits: 9
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Courage: 7
Firepower: 7
Skill: 7

Postby Rtron » Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:40 pm

Motto: "Stop, please."
I wouldn't worry too much about their profits. The thing is, now that they have the "definitive" version of scourge, as you say, they can just reissue him when they think there's been enough of a customer turnover. And without having to spend money designing a new one.
Rtron
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 1
Alt Mode: Rusty-spotted cat
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 1
Speed: 1
Endurance: 1
Courage: 1
Firepower: 1
Skill: 1

Postby -Kanrabat- » Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:19 pm

Motto: "Love it? GET IT!
It's that simple."
Weapon: Vibro-Axe
Rodimus Prime wrote:
-WonkoTheSane- wrote:How many people are planning to buy three of him, One for Scourge, Two for the Sweeps. :D
I'm gonna get 1 Scourge and buy another TR Scourge to go with the 1 I have to represent the Sweeps.

I plan to get one Scourge and one K. Cyclonus to counter my old Generations/Classics ones. The CW and TR ones don't count because gimmicks.
Come see my latest creation, a Galvatron Combiner using 4 SS86 Sweeps as limbs HERE!

Also, an update to my old ALL HELICOPER VICTORION!

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 95
Watch -Kanrabat- on YouTube
Buy from -Kanrabat- on eBay
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Postby ZeroWolf » Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:57 am

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
Sowndwave76 wrote:
-WonkoTheSane- wrote:On another note, I think Scourge looks really good, Possibly the best Scourge yet.
I do wonder though, How many people are planning to buy three of him, One for Scourge, Two for the Sweeps. :D

Depending on what else comes from this line, I really will consider getting 3... As I said in my previous post, it's difficult for me to see how a future version (in a regular release line) of this guy could be substantially better than this one.

What I wonder is what Hastak is thinking; making figures that are this good may mean more and more people are with me in finally being able to say, "This is an incredible figure... And now I'm freed from ever spending another dime on any other figure of this character... Hastak is going be getting less and less of my money from now on".

Makes me think of TR Galvatron... Finally a voyager, most of him looked really solid, and people bit... But I don't believe that Hasbro was thinking, "Well people, this is it... This is THE Galvatron that everyone will buy and love forever... Looks like we can close the design book on this guy".
I'm sure a lot of people do like that figure. But Hasbro probably knew going into that release, "Yeah, we stand behind this, but the head gimmick IS a bit of a compromise... Oh well, looks like in a few years we'll get some more money for another version".
Which is not to suggest this is some new insight. Improvements as well as gimmicks have provided some variety to core characters.
Just interesting to think that sooner than later people won't really want new versions of some of these characters because we're getting to the point where figures won't be substantially better.
And for someone like me who's not into gimmicks, seems like ER and SS86 will in some ways be the final chapter of my collection.

Personally I think its great that they're making definitive toys of these as it means they can soon focus on new characters, or new versions of old characters (think Starscream as an F22 Raptor but G1 is robot mode)

What they also have to do (which will be harder to achieve) is making fans (old and new) love these new characters like kids did in 84.
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
News Credits: 1350

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:48 am

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
Rodimus Prime wrote:

When Scourge is officially revealed, PM me, depending on how good this one is I might sell you my TR one and pick up this new one (I say officially because I do not watch PVP or Tonton reviews, and I wait for actual product stuff instead of leaked samples)
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Postby sol magnus » Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:36 am

Motto: "This is the most beautiful thing in the entire universe. Ok, give me the bomb."
Weapon: Laser Rifle
Rodimus Prime wrote:

I was thinking something along those lines.
'Til All Are One.
sol magnus
Gestalt
News Credits: 10
Strength: 10
Speed: 6
Endurance: 9
Skill: 9

Postby Wolfman Jake » Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:02 am

Motto: ""A mountain with a wolf on it stands a little taller."
-Edward Hoagland"
Weapon: Retractable Mecha-Fangs
-WonkoTheSane- wrote:
bvzxa wrote:PvP and TT have been trying to sell these stolen toys after they review them to other people for 5 times the price.

Yikes.

On another note, I think Scourge looks really good, Possibly the best Scourge yet.

I'll be buying FOUR Studio Series Scourges. One to be Scourge proper, and THREE duplicates for the Sweeps. When I army build, three is usually the magic number for me to represent a "hoard" of a character, apart from the character itself. I've got TAV Shrapnel and Bombshell with Legends Kickback as my main Insecticons, and then three each of T30 Shrapnel, CW Bombshell, and TR Kickback for the Insecticon clone swarm.
Wolfman Jake - Spendin' the day howlin' away.
Wolfman Jake
Faction Commander
News Credits: 65
Alt Mode: Wolf
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 10
Endurance: 8
Courage: 9
Firepower: 2

Postby TilAllAreOne » Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:00 am

Forgive me if I missed it, but is the 86 line going to be a store exclusive line? Do we have any details on when they're supposed to be out, or which characters are going to be in the lineup? (I've seen the reviews on Hot Rod, Kup & Scourge.) Thanks guys.
TilAllAreOne
Mini-Con

Postby william-james88 » Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:37 am

Motto: "'till All Are One"
Sabrblade wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
o.supreme wrote:They should release Glavatron in Rescue Bots just to complete the randomness of it all. :lol:
Sorry. No Decepticons allowed in that line. :P

Really?
Was the :P not enough to show that I was being cheeky with him?

Nope, it's something I can see the networks and retailers demanding in a kids line.
In all seriousness, it's probably just something that goes without saying, but I've no sources to confirm it.

The do have villain toys though, so at least there's that.

If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4501
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby william-james88 » Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:38 am

-WonkoTheSane- wrote:
bvzxa wrote:PvP and TT have been trying to sell these stolen toys after they review them to other people for 5 times the price.

Yikes.

On another note, I think Scourge looks really good, Possibly the best Scourge yet.

The fact that this is the third sweep mold we have means I have more than enough to stand behind him.

Anyways, Canada finally got all the SS constructicons at brick and mortar retail.

So...

If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Oct 02, 2020 4:26 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
TilAllAreOne wrote:Forgive me if I missed it, but is the 86 line going to be a store exclusive line? Do we have any details on when they're supposed to be out, or which characters are going to be in the lineup? (I've seen the reviews on Hot Rod, Kup & Scourge.) Thanks guys.
As far as we all know, it's still standard retail. It's not a separate line from the normal Studio Series, they're just adding characters from the 1986 movie to the main Studio Series line alongside the live action movie characters.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 438
Intelligence: 10
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8

Postby EvasionModeBumblebee » Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:26 pm

Motto: "Are you telling me you could've been a Camaro this whole time?!"
Weapon: Plasma Cannon
william-james88 wrote:
-WonkoTheSane- wrote:

Yikes.

The fact that this is the third sweep mold we have means I have more than enough to stand behind him.

Anyways, Canada finally got all the SS constructicons at brick and mortar retail.

So...

Sweet! What do you think now that you have them combined?
The Beekeeper of Seibertron

Check out my Studio Series customs! Newest update: SS-99 Battletrap
evasionmodebumblebee-s-studio-series-repaints-p2062217.php#p2062217

AKA CamaroBee
EvasionModeBumblebee
Godmaster
News Credits: 53
Alt Mode: 2011 Concept Camaro
Intelligence: 8
Endurance: 5
Firepower: 3

Postby Sowndwave76 » Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:02 pm

Motto: "They wanna play my emotions, but I'm like the ocean-- too calm to get upset by somebody's notion."
Weapon: Concussion Blaster Gun
Rtron wrote:I wouldn't worry too much about their profits. The thing is, now that they have the "definitive" version of scourge, as you say, they can just reissue him when they think there's been enough of a customer turnover. And without having to spend money designing a new one.

I'm not at all worried about their profits... I don't know where that came from.
And while I stand by what I said about this being one of those figures that may be the last of the character that I ever buy, I tend to believe that it's part of a company's mission to continue making new products, or upgrades/improvements to their products.
Even with these outstanding SS86 figures, I find it difficult to believe that they'll be reissued.
Obviously it's possible, I just don't think it's very likely.
No matter if "customer turnover" is 3, 5, or 10 years down the road.
Yeah initially that would save them some money, but I'm not sure that would make much money either.
Sowndwave76
Gestalt
News Credits: 9
Intelligence: 7
Skill: 7

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:47 am

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
I can finally join in on the "thought he could hide" jokes

Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

In Hand Images of Transformers Studio Series 69 Revenge of the Fallen Devastator Boxset

Postby ZeroWolf » Sat Oct 03, 2020 1:49 pm

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
Greetings Seibertronians! We have a beast of a story to share with you today! Fellow Seibertron user, -WonkoTheSane-, has sent us word that the 'Jiibann' Facebook page have gotten their hands on the yet-to-be-offically announced, Transformers Studio Series 69 Revenge of the Fallen Devastator box set! The gargantuan set includes all the Constructicons you need to combine into Devastator, but replaces Rampage with Skip Jack.

The Facebook page have taken a wealth of photos of the toys which prove there is in fact paint differences between the individual releases and the boxed version. Here are the differences in -WonkoTheSane-'s own words:

-WonkoTheSane- wrote:new paint apps on Devastator's face (silver accents on eyebrow region, Extra red above eyebrow region, extra silver beneath eyes, And extra bronze paint roughly where nostrils would be) Additionally, There is new paint on both Scrapper and Long Haul, On Scrapper's shovels there is new dirt and weathering, And on the side of Long Haul's foot mode (and by extension, Truck mode) there is also new dirt and weathering.

Check out the images below:

What do you think of this release? Will you be wanting to pick this up? Or have you managed to track down the Constructicons elsewhere? Let us know in the Energon Pub and stay tuned to Seibertron for all the latest news and reviews!
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
News Credits: 1350

Postby Brutal brawl » Sat Oct 03, 2020 1:59 pm

Time to sell my organs
Brutal brawl
Mini-Con

Postby Nemesis Destron » Sat Oct 03, 2020 2:00 pm

Motto: ""So you see evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb!""
Weapon: Dual-Sonic Disrupter Gun
>:oP :VEHI:
Nemesis Destron
Gestalt
News Credits: 2

Postby -Kanrabat- » Sat Oct 03, 2020 2:03 pm

Motto: "Love it? GET IT!
It's that simple."
Weapon: Vibro-Axe
Now to know where the Devy kit will be available and for how much.
Come see my latest creation, a Galvatron Combiner using 4 SS86 Sweeps as limbs HERE!

Also, an update to my old ALL HELICOPER VICTORION!

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 95
Watch -Kanrabat- on YouTube
Buy from -Kanrabat- on eBay
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Postby william-james88 » Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:30 pm

EvasionModeBumblebee wrote:Sweet! What do you think now that you have them combined?

I'll be honest, I preffer them not combined. The combined mode in bipedal mode is solid though, but I can't really play around with it much, unlike other combiners which pose much better (like his CW Counterpart). Still one heck of a feat.

william-james88
News Staff

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Sat Oct 03, 2020 7:04 pm

Started messing around with my Blitzwing this afternoon, no photos yet, but he is a really fun robot. The jet mode is a little wonky and I still await my F4 Phantom jet mode, but the robot mode is really solid, and so expressive. I love the accessories and the way they work, and the wings posability is nice. They need exceptionally well with him, glad we finally got a Bee movie figure they did great on the first time.

Also got a mace for Grimlock today, it makes him look even more imposing

D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby YRQRM0 » Sat Oct 03, 2020 7:44 pm

That's a disappointingly little amount of new paint. I was hoping either no changes, or super significant ones that some of them desperately need. That, and maybe some missile launchers for the shoulders.
YRQRM0
Gestalt Team Leader
News Credits: 1
Watch YRQRM0 on YouTube
Endurance: 10

Postby KapikoArt » Sat Oct 03, 2020 8:28 pm

Motto: "What doesn't kill you , makes you stronger
What you can do today ,postpone till the day after tomorrow cause you don't know if you'll free tomorrow"
Weapon: Air-To-Air Heat Seeking Missiles
According to TF Source, it's supposed to come with an array of accessories and weapons for $499.
I paid for all new Constructicons $311 all together at Target and Walmart just last week.
Many of the figures are on sale now. Overload is for $29.99 as well as Skipjack, for instance, that is more movie accurate with it's yellow as the Devastator's left foot.
In my opinion, the extra paint job (not really good) is not worth an additional $188.
I guess we'll have to wait for the stores like Target to see the friendlier prices. They are usually lower than online stores.
KapikoArt
Micromaster
Watch KapikoArt on YouTube
Buy from KapikoArt on eBay
Strength: 10
Speed: 9
Endurance: 9
Courage: 9
Firepower: 10

Postby PetesSuperRobots » Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:56 pm

I have always been bothered with Studio series Blitzwing not having a third mode as Triple changers should, so I went ahead and came up with....

Studio series Blitzwing Cybertronian machine gun emplacement!

https://petessuperrobots.blogspot.com/2 ... e-gun.html
Check out my toy photo comics on my blog
https://petessuperrobots.blogspot.com
PetesSuperRobots
Mini-Con

Postby Deadput » Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:41 am

Motto: "Let's kick the tires and light the fires!"
Weapon: Fusion Blaster Cannon
PetesSuperRobots wrote:I have always been bothered with Studio series Blitzwing not having a third mode as Triple changers should, so I went ahead and came up with....

Studio series Blitzwing Cybertronian machine gun emplacement!

https://petessuperrobots.blogspot.com/2 ... e-gun.html

Movie Blitzwing wasn't a triple changer so why would his toy be one?
Va'al wrote:
Deadput wrote:Actually I don't know my mother's name is Valerie so is Va'al actually my mother?

Yes. Now go to your room and don't play with yourself.

Deadput
Faction Commander
News Credits: 54
Alt Mode: A mec suit for redundancy.
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 9
Endurance: 3
Firepower: 10
Skill: 5

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #8 Cvr D 1:25 Image Comics 2024 0224IM323 8D (CA) Khalidah"
NEW!
VOID RIVALS #8 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE AND THE TRANSFORMERS #2 Marvel Comics 1987 (CA) Trimpe 230915K"
GI JOE AND THE TRA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #281 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2021 210518B 281RI (CA)Maloney"
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #4 Cvr A Image Comics 2024 4A GI JOE 0124IM247 (A/CA) Reilly (W) WIlliamson"
NEW!
DUKE #4 Cvr A Imag ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #2 2nd ptg Image Comics 2023 JUN238041 (CA) Howard (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #2 2nd ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COBRA COMMANDER #2 Cvr E 1:50 Image Comics 2024 2E 1223IM263 (CA) Dragotta"
COBRA COMMANDER #2 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #302 Cvr A Image Comics 2023 302A 1023IM317 (CA)Kubert"
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COBRA COMMANDER #4 Cvr B Image Comics 2024 4B 0224IM256 (CA) Bressan + Lucas"
NEW!
COBRA COMMANDER #4 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #5 2nd ptg Cvr B Death Image Comics 2023 1123IM809 (CA) Howard"
VOID RIVALS #5 2nd ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #303 Cvr B Image Comics 2024 1123IM282 303B (CA)Kubert"
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #2 Cvr B Image Comics 2024 2B GI JOE 1123IM273 (CA) Ortiz (W) WIlliamson"
DUKE #2 Cvr B Imag ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #300 Cvr E RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2022 300E (CA) Royle"
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE SNAKE EYES DEADGAME #3 Cvr B IDW Comics 2020 JUL200573 3B (A/CA) Liefeld"
GI JOE SNAKE EYES ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Saturday Morning Adv #3 Cvr B IDW Comics 2022 FEB220413 3B (CA) Murphy"
GI JOE Saturday Mo ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Battleslash" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Outback" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Titan Class Predaking" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Power Charge Bumblebee Action Figure - Spinning Core, Lights and Sounds - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 10.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Skywarp Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Trailbreaker" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Bumblebee Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Power Plus Series Bumblebee" on AMAZON