This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers Studio Series General Discussion Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Transformers Studio Series Discussion

Postby ZeroWolf » Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:00 am

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
Deadput wrote:
PetesSuperRobots wrote:I have always been bothered with Studio series Blitzwing not having a third mode as Triple changers should, so I went ahead and came up with....

Studio series Blitzwing Cybertronian machine gun emplacement!

https://petessuperrobots.blogspot.com/2 ... e-gun.html

Movie Blitzwing wasn't a triple changer so why would his toy be one?

True, the only triple changers in Bumblebee was Dropkick and Shatter, though some people believe that names should have characteristics built into then like that every Blitzwing should be a triple changer etc
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
News Credits: 1350

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:54 am

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
ZeroWolf wrote:
Deadput wrote:
PetesSuperRobots wrote:I have always been bothered with Studio series Blitzwing not having a third mode as Triple changers should, so I went ahead and came up with....

Studio series Blitzwing Cybertronian machine gun emplacement!

https://petessuperrobots.blogspot.com/2 ... e-gun.html

Movie Blitzwing wasn't a triple changer so why would his toy be one?

True, the only triple changers in Bumblebee was Dropkick and Shatter, though some people believe that names should have characteristics built into then like that every Blitzwing should be a triple changer etc
Blitzwing did also have a toy with a tank mode, and he was a triple changer in the Bumblebee movie comics.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 437
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby RK_Striker_JK_5 » Tue Oct 06, 2020 1:28 pm

Motto: "'Til All are One!"
Weapon: Electron Gun
The Devastator boxed set is an easy pass for me, but I'm glad it'll be available for those who missed out on the early ones.
Not caring about scale since 1984. Just like Hasbro.
RK_Striker_JK_5
Faction Commander
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 10
Courage: 9
Firepower: 4
Skill: 6

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Wed Oct 07, 2020 8:20 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
I've gotta hand it to ya, Primal, when you screw up-... wait wrong timeline
Only Starscream could fail to dispose of a helples-...dammit not again
"Need help?"
Yes.
"Did you think you could hi-"
YES, DID YOU THINK YOU COULD HIDE?!?!

I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Strength: 5
Endurance: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Postby -Kanrabat- » Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:31 am

Motto: "Love it? GET IT!
It's that simple."
Weapon: Vibro-Axe
When I saw Blitzwing popping up at Amazon, I ordered him right away.

Now, fingers crossed so that ToyHax create a Reprolabels set to turn him into "G1" Starscream.
Come see my latest creation, a Galvatron Combiner using 4 SS86 Sweeps as limbs HERE!

Also, an update to my old ALL HELICOPER VICTORION!

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 95
Watch -Kanrabat- on YouTube
Buy from -Kanrabat- on eBay
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Postby Rodimus Prime » Thu Oct 08, 2020 5:28 am

Motto: "Individual freedom above all else."
I finally saw Blitzwing on the shelf at Wal-Mart, and I was kinda underwhelmed. It's not a bad figure, but doesn't look as good in-hand as it did in photos for some reason. To me, the legs and feet don't look good. The upper body is still nice, as is the jet mode. And yeah, he would make a great Starscream, who I thought he was (and should have been) when I saw the trailer for the movie.
........Image
Rodimus Prime
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 22

Postby ZeroWolf » Thu Oct 08, 2020 5:42 am

Rodimus Prime wrote:I finally saw Blitzwing on the shelf at Wal-Mart, and I was kinda underwhelmed. It's not a bad figure, but doesn't look as good in-hand as it did in photos for some reason. To me, the legs and feet don't look good. The upper body is still nice, as is the jet mode. And yeah, he would make a great Starscream, who I thought he was (and should have been) when I saw the trailer for the movie.

You wanted Starscream to die like a punk? (Not that Screamers actual death was any better but you know, at least he lasted three films :lol:)
ZeroWolf
News Admin

Postby Rodimus Prime » Thu Oct 08, 2020 9:08 am

ZeroWolf wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote:I finally saw Blitzwing on the shelf at Wal-Mart, and I was kinda underwhelmed. It's not a bad figure, but doesn't look as good in-hand as it did in photos for some reason. To me, the legs and feet don't look good. The upper body is still nice, as is the jet mode. And yeah, he would make a great Starscream, who I thought he was (and should have been) when I saw the trailer for the movie.

You wanted Starscream to die like a punk? (Not that Screamers actual death was any better but you know, at least he lasted three films :lol:)
No, had it been Starscream, he wouldn't have died, just got beat. Then flew away when the humans showed up. And they died practically the same way. :lol:
........Image
Rodimus Prime
God Of Transformers

Postby JoeIsNotCool » Thu Oct 08, 2020 9:40 am

Weapon: Air Rifle
I've been trying to fill in some gaps from SS that I missed, due to at the time not really wanting them, and so far I've managed to get my hands on DOTM Megatron and I'm quite impressed with it. Not a perfect figure, but definitely looks the part! I'm trying to get my hands on a Jetwing Prime but I cannot find a pre-owned one anywhere!

In the mail today I also got SS Leadfoot, haven't transformed him yet but he looks incredible and I'm so glad to finally have the wreckers completed (prior to this I only had them in legion form!)

Also bought ROTF Soundwave, and while I am not really impressed with the figure, I knew I wouldn't be I just wanted him to fill the gap in the ROTF part of my display, which he does very well IMO.

Still undecided on ROTF Starscream and DOTM Ratchet, as I never really cared for the variations. Are they worth getting repeats of?
JoeIsNotCool
Fuzor
News Credits: 8
Alt Mode: SR-17 Blackbird
Endurance: 5
Courage: 7
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Thu Oct 08, 2020 12:05 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
LeAwesome1 wrote:I've been trying to fill in some gaps from SS that I missed, due to at the time not really wanting them, and so far I've managed to get my hands on DOTM Megatron and I'm quite impressed with it. Not a perfect figure, but definitely looks the part! I'm trying to get my hands on a Jetwing Prime but I cannot find a pre-owned one anywhere!

In the mail today I also got SS Leadfoot, haven't transformed him yet but he looks incredible and I'm so glad to finally have the wreckers completed (prior to this I only had them in legion form!)

Also bought ROTF Soundwave, and while I am not really impressed with the figure, I knew I wouldn't be I just wanted him to fill the gap in the ROTF part of my display, which he does very well IMO.

Still undecided on ROTF Starscream and DOTM Ratchet, as I never really cared for the variations. Are they worth getting repeats of?

I did not get the DotM Ratchet, only the original because I wanted the saw.

I did the opposite on screams, passed on the first so I could get the 2nd with the saw. the 2nd Tattooed up Screamer is really nice though, I'd recommend getting that one
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby Rodimus Prime » Thu Oct 08, 2020 1:52 pm

IMO you can pass on RoTF Starscream, but if you got Lockdown you should get DoTM Ratchet.
........Image
Rodimus Prime
God Of Transformers

Postby alekese » Fri Oct 09, 2020 10:58 am

Checking between bank account and order history, Pulse has started billing for the Blitzwing/Skipjack voyager wave and the ROTF Soundwave/Cliffjumper/Topspin deluxe wave, but not yet shipped or sent notification. My orders page also doesn't show the deluxes as being paid, only authorized, even though my account has been billed. (The voyagers are showing as paid.)
alekese
Minibot
News Credits: 3

Postby JoeIsNotCool » Sat Oct 10, 2020 2:56 am

Weapon: Air Rifle
Do we know if there's a panel at the New York Comic Con? I want some SS reveals!!
JoeIsNotCool
Fuzor
News Credits: 8
Alt Mode: SR-17 Blackbird
Endurance: 5

Postby ZeroWolf » Sat Oct 10, 2020 3:07 am

The schedule is a bit of a mess to navigate in trying to find a Hasbro panel but according to Entertainment Earth, they specifically say to keep an eye out for Transformers items being added.
https://www.entertainmentearth.com/s/nycc-hasbro/s

Of course that could be place holder text.

Best bet is to expect nothing and be pleasantly surprised if anything is revealed
ZeroWolf
News Admin

Postby Sowndwave76 » Sat Oct 10, 2020 11:30 am

Motto: "They wanna play my emotions, but I'm like the ocean-- too calm to get upset by somebody's notion."
Weapon: Concussion Blaster Gun
Sorry to interrupt the real studio series conversation...

Just watched a review for SS86 Scourge... I'm even more excited now to get this figure.
This will be THE Scourge of my collection.
The only real negative I can see is in the alt mode; the feet sticking out the back, the underside, and the 5mm port on the side... But in the grand scheme, none of those really weigh-in for me.
Oh, two blast effect pieces would've been nice, but the one I'll use for the weapon if at all...
So really I'll take that as a tiny bonus.

The positives greatly out-number anything bad--
First, getting a great view of the head sculpt; this alone helps make this figure. Where as I can handle compromises in other areas (limbs, torso, etc.), if the face and head are on point, it elevates everything and makes it easier for me to look past nit-picks.
The face is so well done. Then add in the rest of the head, and it's just all beautiful.

To sum up the rest of the mold:
While the shoulders may be a bit wide, overall, this mold is so well done...
What I really appreciate about this is the design aesthetic that combines curved/cylindrical parts of the shoulders, arms, legs and even torso,
being balanced with molded details that are straight and angular.
Another important factor for me is the figure's bot mode proportions, and I think those are really spot-on.
While I don't know if he was truly taller than Hot Rod and Kup, I appreciate that he's a bit larger rather than smaller. I'm anxious to see him next to Cyclonus and Glavatron.
I'll admit I don't know if the coloring is completely accurate, but it's gotta be close. And overall, nothing stands out to me as one of those "Why did they do this?" type of design decisions.
And yeah, the painted fingers/claws... Come on, that's a really nice touch that could've been easily skipped.
In terms of articulation, there is more than enough.
The more I've recently thought about it, the more I don't need crazy-articulation... Of course it's appreciated, but I don't ever need (or want) a figure's head, arms or legs to be pointed completely backwards (facing the wrong way). I don't need a figure to be able to do the splits 100%... A wide stance is plenty.
If people need their figures to be able to do "funny" yoga-type poses, that's fine, but imo that doesn't need to be an expectation.

This to me is truly a mini Masterpiece figure.
I'd pay $50 for this. But realistically at $30-$32... This is an incredible looking figure.
I really may end up with 2-3 of these.
Turns out I'm more excited for Scourge than Cyclonus.

I'm feeling pretty good that Galvatron may actually deliver this time!
Sowndwave76
Gestalt
News Credits: 9
Intelligence: 7

Postby william-james88 » Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:28 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
Rodimus Prime wrote:IMO you can pass on RoTF Starscream, but if you got Lockdown you should get DoTM Ratchet.

Why? Ratchet had a different deco in AOE.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4499
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby Rodimus Prime » Sun Oct 11, 2020 12:32 am

william-james88 wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote:IMO you can pass on RoTF Starscream, but if you got Lockdown you should get DoTM Ratchet.

Ugh, I meant to say AoE Ratchet. That's the SS16 figure, right?
........Image
Rodimus Prime
God Of Transformers

Postby Deadput » Sun Oct 11, 2020 6:13 am

Motto: "Let's kick the tires and light the fires!"
Weapon: Fusion Blaster Cannon
william-james88 wrote:

Isn't Ratchet in AOE literally just the DOTM deco? (At the very least the trucks are the same)

(AOE)

(DOTM)

Rodimus Prime wrote:Ugh, I meant to say AoE Ratchet. That's the SS16 figure, right?

SS16 is labeled as being from Dark of the Moon (which is where the deco originates from that they simply used for AOE)

But since it's the same design in both movies it's pretty much the same thing.
Last edited by Deadput on Sun Oct 11, 2020 6:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
Va'al wrote:
Deadput wrote:Actually I don't know my mother's name is Valerie so is Va'al actually my mother?

Yes. Now go to your room and don't play with yourself.

Deadput
Faction Commander
News Credits: 54
Alt Mode: A mec suit for redundancy.
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 9
Endurance: 3
Skill: 5

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Oct 11, 2020 8:23 am

Since ROTF Lockdown was brought up, why hasn't ROTF Ratchet been mentioned? It was that Ratchet who had the compatible weapon with Lockdown.

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Deadput » Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:30 am

Sabrblade wrote:Since ROTF Lockdown was brought up, why hasn't ROTF Ratchet been mentioned? It was that Ratchet who had the compatible weapon with Lockdown.

Ah sorry I thought we were talking about AOE Lockdown since it's Studio Series thread.

Now I wonder if Ratchet's busssaw can be used by SS Lockdown.
Va'al wrote:
Deadput wrote:Actually I don't know my mother's name is Valerie so is Va'al actually my mother?

Deadput
Faction Commander

Postby LinaNui » Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:45 am

Weapon: Vibro-Axe
Deadput wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Since ROTF Lockdown was brought up, why hasn't ROTF Ratchet been mentioned? It was that Ratchet who had the compatible weapon with Lockdown.

Ah sorry I thought we were talking about AOE Lockdown since it's Studio Series thread.

Well the saw has a 5mm post and lockdown has 5mm holes on his arms, so yes it would work.
LinaNui
Combiner
News Credits: 25
Watch LinaNui on YouTube
Alt Mode: Mclaren Senna
Strength: 4
Endurance: 4
Courage: 5
Firepower: 3

Postby Deadput » Sun Oct 11, 2020 11:03 am

LinaNui wrote:
Deadput wrote:

Well the saw has a 5mm post and lockdown has 5mm holes on his arms, so yes it would work.

Ah sweet, I was mostly thinking about this concept art for AOE back when Lockdown was going to take Ratchet's saw.

Va'al wrote:

Deadput
Faction Commander

Postby Rodimus Prime » Sun Oct 11, 2020 12:13 pm

Lockdown was in RoTF?
........Image
Rodimus Prime
God Of Transformers

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Oct 11, 2020 12:16 pm

Rodimus Prime wrote:Lockdown was in RoTF?
In the toyline he was.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Sun Oct 11, 2020 12:17 pm

Rodimus Prime wrote:Lockdown was in RoTF?

Toy, not character.

I think we just witnessed everyone get utterly confused.
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr Q 1:20 foil Dynamite Comics 2024 JAN240121 2Q Nakayama"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr K FOIL virgin Dynamite Comics 2024 DEC230214 1K (CA) Nakayama"
THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Masters Universe MASTERVERSE #2 Cvr A Dark Horse Comics JAN230439 2A MOTU Nunez"
Masters Universe M ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr U 1:25 LINE ART Dynamite Comics DEC230224 1U (CA) Parrillo"
THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr O 1:20 Dynamite Comics 2024 JAN240119 2O (CA) Lee + Chung"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #3 Cvr A Dynamite Comics 2024 FEB240188 3A (CA) Nakayama (W) Shalvey"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #3 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr D Dynamite Comics 2024 DEC230207 1D (CA) Lee + Chung"
THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Masters Universe FORGE DESTINY #3 Cvr B Dark Horse Comics JUL239634 3B (CA) Mhan"
Masters Universe F ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr Z 1:100 VIRGIN Dynamite Comics DEC230229 1Z (CA) Lee + Chung"
THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Masters Universe FORGE DESTINY #1 Cvr C Dark Horse Comics JUL231104 1C Rodriguez"
Masters Universe F ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr J LTD virgin Dynamite Comics 2024 JAN240114 2J (CA) Nakayama"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Masters Universe FORGE DESTINY #2 Cvr B Dark Horse Comics AUG231235 2B Seeley"
Masters Universe F ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MASTERS UNIVERSE REVELATION #1 Cvr B Dark Horse Comics 2021 MAY210226 1B MOTU"
MASTERS UNIVERSE R ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr ZJ foil trade dress Dynamite Comics JAN247412 1ZJ Shalvey"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Battleslash" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Elita-1" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Moonracer" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Sinnertwin" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 08 Leader Class Movie 1 Decepticon Blackout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Slug" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Costanza Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight 1-Step Turbo Changer Cogman" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Playskool Heroes Rescue Bots Optimus Prime Racing Trailer" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MV5 Titan Changer Megatron Action Figure" on AMAZON