This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers Studio Series General Discussion Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: New Studio Series 72 Starscream from the Bumblebee Movie revealed

Postby TulioDude » Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:10 pm

Motto: "Never doubt the awesomess."
Weapon: Energo-Sword
He looks nice,it's one of better takes of Tetrajet concept.

Seibertron wrote:This Voyager Class version of Starscream, from the live-action Bumblebee Movie, features this backstabbing villain in his Cybertronian mode from the Movie Universe, which retains his familiar G1 color scheme and a normal (coherent?) looking robot mode than the fictionally-later Bayverse Starscream which had a tan color scheme and a more "gorilla-with-chicken-legs" robot mode.
Seeker fans may be left wondering how long until the inevitable recolors are revealed for the other Seekers like Skywarp, Thundercracker and possibly others, though it's possible that those never see the light of day as well such as Action Master Starscream and the Energon and Cybertron toy lines which never saw proper recolors of Starscream into his Seeker brothers (Action Master Thundercracker excluded for obvious reasons due to his obnoxious unfamiliar colors).

Passive aggressive editorializing.

Day 310 of waiting for Transformers Armada Masterpiece news.
Last edited by TulioDude on Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Silverwing wrote:Also, I feel compelled to give the obligatory: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay:
One for each year of the Movieverse's decade strong tenure. Here's to a few more explosive years!

Here is my DeviantArt page and my Tumblr blog.
TulioDude
Gestalt
News Credits: 6
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Endurance: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 8
Skill: 7

Re: Transformers Studio Series Discussion

Postby chuckdawg1999 » Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:17 pm

Motto: "The man, the myth, the legend... yeah right."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Now that I'm seeing more of the designs from the movie I'm feeling better about the looks of this figure. Ya know if you want to cross the streams Starscreams jet mode looks like the smallest jet from the Snap Ships line, kinda cool.
chuckdawg1999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 317
Watch chuckdawg1999 on YouTube
Buy from chuckdawg1999 on eBay
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Postby ZeldaTheSwordsman » Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:38 pm

Motto: "Earthrise restock or riot"
So they were also working on making one of the "Looks more like one of the retro skins from the ROTF video game than an actual movieverse character" Bungledbee designs. Maybe they phoned in some of the work on SS86 because of being busy with this guy, then.

I'm going to be salty about that derailing GEEWUN-where-it-doesn't-belong hijack of a movie until the day we get a continuation of the actual Bayverse storyline.
WANT:
* Cybertron Galvatron key, missiles
* Omega Lock
* Primus Cyber Key, coattail panel
* Powerlinx Comettor
* Cyb Jetfire R gun and missile
* RiD Galvy dragon head, beast arms
* DotM Ironhide windshield, R hood assy.
* ROTF Jetfire R JTFR panel

Di Bonaventura is not a credible or trustworthy source. And most fans do like the diversity push, thanks.

Trading MOSC MMPR fliphead Pink Ranger for ER Fasttrack or SIEGE Refraktor
ZeldaTheSwordsman
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Shockwave_640 » Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:40 pm

If you look more closely, this figure actually shares nothing with SS Blitzwing aside from possible engineering. they have very similar shoulders and faux upper cockpit, but it’s not the same
Shockwave_640
Mini-Con
Watch Shockwave_640 on YouTube
Buy from Shockwave_640 on eBay

Re: New Studio Series 72 Starscream from the Bumblebee Movie revealed

Postby Rtron » Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:40 pm

Motto: "Stop, please."
TulioDude wrote:He looks nice,it's one of better takes of Tetrajet concept.

Seibertron wrote:This Voyager Class version of Starscream, from the live-action Bumblebee Movie, features this backstabbing villain in his Cybertronian mode from the Movie Universe, which retains his familiar G1 color scheme and a normal (coherent?) looking robot mode than the fictionally-later Bayverse Starscream which had a tan color scheme and a more "gorilla-with-chicken-legs" robot mode.
Seeker fans may be left wondering how long until the inevitable recolors are revealed for the other Seekers like Skywarp, Thundercracker and possibly others, though it's possible that those never see the light of day as well such as Action Master Starscream and the Energon and Cybertron toy lines which never saw proper recolors of Starscream into his Seeker brothers (Action Master Thundercracker excluded for obvious reasons due to his obnoxious unfamiliar colors).

Seriously. Normal? Coherent? The word is humanoid. Or G1 inspired.
Rtron
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 1
Alt Mode: Rusty-spotted cat
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 1
Speed: 1
Endurance: 1
Courage: 1
Firepower: 1
Skill: 1

Postby Overcracker » Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:44 pm

Motto: "Collecting little transforming action figures is the right of all sentient Geeks."
Weapon: Indepentently Targetable Particle Beam Cannons
Starscream looks nice. He’s definitely influenced by Blitzwing, but yeah, it appears it's a completely new mold with some shared engineering and an overall robot mode design. Think I’ll skip it.

As for HotRod. So much drama with the faux hood/chest. He looks pretty good though. Its making the $29.99 price tag much more palatable.

Anyway, that makes me wonder, in the past 15 years, who’s done it better? I think outside of masterpiece 2.0 this is pretty much what Hot Rod should look like.

Classics I think is still an excellent Hot Rod representation with some interesting features. While I do love Animated, its a very specific aesthetic. I think the weakest is still PotP. But it still looks very nice in Robot Mode, it just is a bit limited due to the evolution gimmick.

There’s still that commander class Rodimus that’s been rumored to be coming in Kingdom.
Check the Collection Manager Updates at the thread in the General discussion forum.
TF Search Website First Beta is now up. Click this link!
Beast Wars complete, Beast Machines almost done.
Last Update: March 14, 2024:
Now holding 1000!!! figures and 2310 releases of figures. Please check forum post above
Overcracker
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 5
Watch Overcracker on YouTube
Strength: 8
Speed: 6
Courage: 9
Firepower: Infinity

Postby morganprime » Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:56 pm

I love Blitzwing but this SS looks like a bag of spare parts. That jet mode is completely awful, the Siege SS jet mode is a much better interpretation of the tetra jet design.
morganprime
Mini-Con

Postby -Kanrabat- » Thu Nov 05, 2020 2:16 pm

Motto: "Love it? GET IT!
It's that simple."
Weapon: Vibro-Axe
morganprime wrote:I love Blitzwing but this SS looks like a bag of spare parts. That jet mode is completely awful, the Siege SS jet mode is a much better interpretation of the tetra jet design.

Agreed 100%.

I may be a Starsimp, but this SS may be one more Starscream that I'll be skipping. Like with the PotP voyager and several Cyberverses.
Come see my latest creation, a Galvatron Combiner using 4 SS86 Sweeps as limbs HERE!

Also, an update to my old ALL HELICOPER VICTORION!

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 95
Watch -Kanrabat- on YouTube
Buy from -Kanrabat- on eBay
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Postby Bucky » Thu Nov 05, 2020 2:17 pm

Weapon: Hip-Mounted Launchers
chuckdawg1999 wrote:Now that I'm seeing more of the designs from the movie I'm feeling better about the looks of this figure. Ya know if you want to cross the streams Starscreams jet mode looks like the smallest jet from the Snap Ships line, kinda cool.

Had to look up “Snap Ships.” Those are actually very fun, and cool looking. Personally I’m getting T-16 Skyhopper vibes from Starscream.

The only thing that’s really off putting to me about him is how loud the colors are. The red is fine, and I can handle the bright yellow cockpit, but I do wish the blue was toned down. If it had been more muted, I think it would be a small, but very noticeable improvement. Maybe not screen accurate though?
Bucky
Vehicon
News Credits: 7
Alt Mode: Cassette
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 8
Endurance: 6
Courage: 5
Firepower: 6
Skill: 6

Postby Hellscream9999 » Thu Nov 05, 2020 2:40 pm

Motto: "Never forgive, never forget."
Weapon: Black Magic
For anyone that wants to watch a legitimate review(?) of SS Kup, our favorite reviewer just got his hands on him, that's right, Thew - of CW silverbolt fame - is back ;)^

I am not a G1 fan, please treat my opinions as such.

william-james88 wrote:If ever Sabrblade decides to go on vacation, I am glad to know we can rely on you.
Hellscream9999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 174
Alt Mode: Skeletal Dragon
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: ???
Skill: Infinity

Postby Dominus Prime » Thu Nov 05, 2020 2:58 pm

Motto: "Death before dishonor"
Weapon: Star Saber Sword
https://youtu.be/Ay1VV89H39c

Video review of SS 86 blurr
Dominus Prime
Micromaster
News Credits: 18
Alt Mode: Cybertronian armored assault vehicle
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 7
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 8

Postby RK_Striker_JK_5 » Thu Nov 05, 2020 3:36 pm

Motto: "'Til All are One!"
Weapon: Electron Gun
Okay, that Starscream? Sold.
Not caring about scale since 1984. Just like Hasbro.
RK_Striker_JK_5
Faction Commander
Strength: 4
Firepower: 4

Postby Evil Eye » Thu Nov 05, 2020 3:42 pm

Motto: "Don't be a goddamn coward."
Weapon: Acid Spray Gun
Hmm, not sure on Screamer there. The robot mode is OK, if a bit wide in the torso. But the colours are not doing it any favours and the jet mode, whilst roughly on point to the movie model, is a bit of a hot mess. That said, whilst I wouldn't buy it as Starscream I might get it as Skywarp or (green) Thrust. I think I prefer it over Blitzwing but that's not saying much seeing how badly they blundered on him.
Ha ha Transformers go brrrrr
Evil Eye
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 12
Alt Mode: F-4 Phantom II
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Endurance: 8
Firepower: 6

Postby jtanimator » Thu Nov 05, 2020 4:12 pm

Rtron wrote:

Yeah, I normally don't pay attention to people dropping in their bayverse hate comments (its usually just trolling or whining), but I certainly don't appreciate seeing this obvious passive aggressive hate from the editor.
jtanimator
Minibot

Postby blackeyedprime » Thu Nov 05, 2020 4:36 pm

Motto: "Me Grimlock, you slag."
Weapon: Particle Beam Cannon
Starscream would need a head swap for my tastes as the busyness doesnt quite work for the figure so a stickered up Blitzwing slightly wins out. Will be interesting to see a ThreeA version of Starscream which can probably capture it right.
blackeyedprime
City Commander
News Credits: 18
Alt Mode: a spoon
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 5
Firepower: 2

Postby 84everfan » Thu Nov 05, 2020 4:39 pm

Such a good year for seeker fans such as myself. *Ahegao face*
84everfan
Micromaster

Postby Emerje » Thu Nov 05, 2020 4:59 pm

Motto: "Spellcheck's antithesis."
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
jtanimator wrote:
Rtron wrote:

Yeah, I normally don't pay attention to people dropping in their bayverse hate comments (its usually just trolling or whining), but I certainly don't appreciate seeing this obvious passive aggressive hate from the editor.

The editor is also the site owner so he gets a free pass to say whatever he wants in his own house. ;)

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff
News Credits: 236
Alt Mode: Lobster Moose
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Firepower: 3

Postby King Kuuga » Thu Nov 05, 2020 6:29 pm

Motto: "Yesssssssss....."
Weapon: High Energy MASER Cannons
Emerje wrote:The editor is also the site owner so he gets a free pass to say whatever he wants in his own house. ;)

Emerje

He's certainly allowed to, but the opinionating and also making factually false claims such as the figure sharing parts with Blitzwing do compromise the journalistic integrity of the article.
King Kuuga
Gestalt
News Credits: 4
Endurance: 5
Courage: 6
Firepower: 9

Postby Gauntlet101010 » Thu Nov 05, 2020 6:35 pm

Overcracker wrote:As for HotRod. So much drama with the faux hood/chest. He looks pretty good though. Its making the $29.99 price tag much more palatable.

Anyway, that makes me wonder, in the past 15 years, who’s done it better? I think outside of masterpiece 2.0 this is pretty much what Hot Rod should look like.

Classics I think is still an excellent Hot Rod representation with some interesting features.

I'm one of the few who also likes the Classics toy a whole lot. Although I think Studio will finally unseat it. The actual car hood is hidden really well and the end result is fantastic. So I'll be happy to add it to my collection.

The yellow part in vehicle mode bugs me, but it's something that can be fixed with a sticker.

PotP has some weird proportions that keep me from liking it.
Gauntlet101010
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Bumblevivisector » Thu Nov 05, 2020 7:15 pm

Jet mode looks like an experiment to see if the FoC Seeker design could support an undercarriage that rivals its wingspan. In the thumbnail, I thought his legs were sticking out for a gerwalk mode. Just odd enough that it does no live action or animated movie's aesthetic any justice or detriment, so any such debate around this particular toy feels extra pointless.

Easy pass to save room for SS '86 crumbling-to-ash Starscream...someday.
Bumblevivisector
Godmaster
Intelligence: 8
Courage: 7

In Hand Photos of Transformers Studio Series 72 Cybertronian Starscream

Postby william-james88 » Thu Nov 05, 2020 7:19 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
Ozformers was given the new Studio Series Starscream so they could share their thoughts and images on the figure. They also included an image of the alt mode in the film so we can see what Hasbro is trying to do with the undercarriage.

Let us know what you think!

I have included ILM images of the Seeker jets, to show what Hasbro were trying to replicate with this mold, which I expect will be redecoed a few times. These images show that the big chunky robot turns into a very sleek jet with almost no bulk in it, so the actual toy had to put the kibble somewhere... and in all fairness, I think they did the best they could do, with what they had to work with, because you still have the same gun-pod of the ILM image at the front of the toy, in front of the kibble.
If you look at the character models of the bots that had Cybertronian modes, I think they were thrown together in a hurry without any intention of allowing for toys, so I would be surprised if we see too many more of them, and if we do, they will probably be like Starscream, with lots of kibble spoiling one of the modes.

If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4501
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby Overcracker » Thu Nov 05, 2020 7:23 pm

Motto: "Collecting little transforming action figures is the right of all sentient Geeks."
Weapon: Indepentently Targetable Particle Beam Cannons
Gauntlet101010 wrote:
Overcracker wrote:As for HotRod. So much drama with the faux hood/chest. He looks pretty good though. Its making the $29.99 price tag much more palatable.

Classics I think is still an excellent Hot Rod representation with some interesting features.

I'm one of the few who also likes the Classics toy a whole lot. Although I think Studio will finally unseat it. The actual car hood is hidden really well and the end result is fantastic. So I'll be happy to add it to my collection.

The yellow part in vehicle mode bugs me, but it's something that can be fixed with a sticker.

PotP has some weird proportions that keep me from liking it.

PotP has definite proportion awkwardness to accommodate the evolution gimmick.

I agree SS 86, may dethrone Classics as my Favorite. Not to say I don’t like TR, I do, but there’s just something about classics. Still SS 86 looks to be better overall and does some things similar to the MP 2.0.
Check the Collection Manager Updates at the thread in the General discussion forum.
TF Search Website First Beta is now up. Click this link!
Beast Wars complete, Beast Machines almost done.
Last Update: March 14, 2024:
Now holding 1000!!! figures and 2310 releases of figures. Please check forum post above
Overcracker
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 5
Watch Overcracker on YouTube
Strength: 8

Postby King Kuuga » Thu Nov 05, 2020 8:43 pm

Motto: "Yesssssssss....."
Weapon: High Energy MASER Cannons
Devastator shipping.png

So this was unexpected. Devastator, who was projected to arrive in APRIL, is available now. I'm fortunate I had enough in the bank to take the hit. I was planning to overhaul my display area, I guess I need to accelerate my plans a bit.

https://hasbropulse.com/products/transf ... -copy-copy

Just noticed my name is visible there but like, whatever.
King Kuuga
Gestalt
News Credits: 4
Courage: 6

Postby TF-fan kev777 » Thu Nov 05, 2020 9:05 pm

Holy Crap!

Hopefully that means other things might also move up.
TF-fan kev777
City Commander
News Credits: 42
Speed: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Postby LinaNui » Thu Nov 05, 2020 10:35 pm

Weapon: Vibro-Axe
King Kuuga wrote:
So this was unexpected. Devastator, who was projected to arrive in APRIL, is available now. I'm fortunate I had enough in the bank to take the hit. I was planning to overhaul my display area, I guess I need to accelerate my plans a bit.

https://hasbropulse.com/products/transf ... -copy-copy

Just noticed my name is visible there but like, whatever.

He has been available for purchase with fast-ish delivery (I could have it to me by the 10th) on amazon for over 2 weeks now I think. I originally had it pre-ordered but cancelled due to me ordering the DNA kit for it and that would cover most of the face paint up. I will be getting it though if it drops closer to $200. Then I will have 3 complete sets lol...
LinaNui
Combiner
News Credits: 25
Watch LinaNui on YouTube
Alt Mode: Mclaren Senna
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 6
Endurance: 4
Courage: 5
Firepower: 3
Skill: 5

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE ORIGINS #7 RI 1:10 virgin var IDW Comics 2009 7RI (CA) Feister (W) Dixon"
GI JOE ORIGINS #7 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #280 Cvr B IDW Comics 2021 DEC200419 280B (CA) McKeown"
NEW!
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #303 2nd ptg Image Comics 2024 0124IM859 (CA) Edgar"
NEW!
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #1 6th ptg Image Comics 2024 1023IM995 (CA) Burnett (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #1 6th ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #1 2nd ptg Cvr A Rock N Roll Image Comics 2024 GI JOE 1123IM896 (CA) Howard"
DUKE #1 2nd ptg Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #6 Cvr E 1:50 Image Comics 0923IM468 6E (CA) Infante (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #6 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TALES OF GI JOE #5 Marvel Comics 1988 (CA) Hall (W) Hama (A) Perlin 220721A"
TALES OF GI JOE #5 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #303 Cvr C 1:10 Image Comics 303C Walker + Segala"
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS vs GI JOE #1 Cvr Sub IDW Comics 2014 1SUB (CA) Stokoe 230124"
TRANSFORMERS vs GI ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #2 Cvr C 1:10 Image Comics 2024 2C GI JOE 1123IM274 (CA) Boss (W)Williamson"
DUKE #2 Cvr C 1:10 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE AND THE TRANSFORMERS #3 Marvel Comics 1987 (CA) Milgrom 230915M"
GI JOE AND THE TRA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #2 Cvr C 1:10 Image Comics 2023 APR238110 2C (CA) Lee (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #2 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero SERPENTOR UNCOILED One-Shot IDW Comics 2021 231113"
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COBRA COMMANDER #4 Cvr B Image Comics 2024 4B 0224IM256 (CA) Bressan + Lucas"
NEW!
COBRA COMMANDER #4 ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Elita-1" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Optimal Optimus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Quintus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Terrorcon Blot" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers RID Combiner Force Warriors Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Slugslinger and Caliburst" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Cyberverse Ultra Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dreadwind" on AMAZON