This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers Studio Series General Discussion Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Transformers Studio Series Discussion

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Thu Dec 31, 2020 9:40 am

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
EvasionModeBumblebee wrote:An awesome looking bunch! I really like the deco on the Universal SS Megatron.

I do too! I think after the movie 1 Megatron, the Universal studios one is my 2nd favorite SS Megs
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Thu Dec 31, 2020 9:45 am

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Just saying, I love how big Devastator is and also how he towers over the rest of the SS cons and can roar to his hearts content

Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby aronjlove » Fri Jan 01, 2021 10:56 am

20210101_092454.jpg

20210101_091657.jpg

Target at Spectrum Mall in Phoenix had a single SS86 Jazz and a single SS86 Blurr along with some WfC Micromasters and various Cyberverse figures. When I first hit the aisle, I could see the TF section, and it looked bare, but once I got closer, I saw the two remaining Studio Series figures. I picked up Jazz for myself and left Blurr for another lucky individual. I might hit another Target tomorrow in the hopes of finding Hot Rod.
aronjlove
Brainmaster
News Credits: 23

Postby DeathReviews » Fri Jan 01, 2021 12:08 pm

Motto: "No matter where you go, always remember, I'm right behind you!

https://www.youtube.com/c/DeathReviews"
I'm more interested in when ER Thrust is going to be more readily available! Still no sightings of HIM anywhere near my realm...
"No matter where you go or what you do, always remember, I'm right behind you!" - Death

Click - Like - Subscribe - Awesome!
DeathReviews
Brainmaster
News Credits: 30
Watch DeathReviews on YouTube
Strength: ???
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: ???
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: ???

Postby PetesSuperRobots » Fri Jan 01, 2021 12:21 pm

These look fantastic. Great haul :)

aronjlove wrote:
20210101_092454.jpg

20210101_091657.jpg

Target at Spectrum Mall in Phoenix had a single SS86 Jazz and a single SS86 Blurr along with some WfC Micromasters and various Cyberverse figures. When I first hit the aisle, I could see the TF section, and it looked bare, but once I got closer, I saw the two remaining Studio Series figures. I picked up Jazz for myself and left Blurr for another lucky individual. I might hit another Target tomorrow in the hopes of finding Hot Rod.
Check out my toy photo comics on my blog
https://petessuperrobots.blogspot.com
PetesSuperRobots
Mini-Con

Postby aronjlove » Fri Jan 01, 2021 12:50 pm

Jazz is pretty cool. You can flip the door panels out to give him small wings, similar but not as pronounced as the G1 look. The transformation is like a cross between WFC and Studio Series, as the entire top of the car is a backpack, but it folds up pretty nicely. Standing next to ER Wheeljack and TR Hot Rod, we can see TR Hot Rod is a little tall, but that should be rectified by SS86 Hot Rod once I find him. Then in alt-mode next to a couple of other racing cars from WFC, you can tell he looks like he definitely belongs. In the middle photo, I have his backpack mistransformed, the panel which becomes the back window tucks under the roof to fold away, but I was uncomfortable applying pressure to that hinge until I watched a video on youtube. This totally blows away PotP Jazz, and if they make a Ricochet Selects for this, I will buy it in a heartbeat. The PotP guys are better combiner limbs than figures, in my opinion anyway. This new mold is fun to transform and looks just like a Porsche, even though it is unlicensed.
20210101_100123.jpg

20210101_100406.jpg

20210101_114003.jpg
Last edited by aronjlove on Fri Jan 01, 2021 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aronjlove
Brainmaster

Postby Sowndwave76 » Fri Jan 01, 2021 9:17 pm

Motto: "They wanna play my emotions, but I'm like the ocean-- too calm to get upset by somebody's notion."
Weapon: Concussion Blaster Gun
aronjlove wrote:Jazz is pretty cool. You can flip the door panels out to give him small wings, similar but not as pronounced as the G1 look. The transformation is like a cross between WFC and Studio Series, as the entire top of the car is a backpack, but it folds up pretty nicely. Standing next to ER Wheeljack and TR Hot Rod, we can see TR Hot Rod is a little tall, but that should be rectified by SS86 Hot Rod once I find him. Then in alt-mode next to a couple of other racing cars from WFC, you can tell he looks like he definitely belongs. In the middle photo, I have his backpack mistransformed, the panel which becomes the back window tucks under the roof to fold away, but I was uncomfortable applying pressure to that hinge until I watched a video on youtube. This totally blows away PotP Jazz, and if they make a Ricochet Selects for this, I will buy it in a heartbeat. The PotP guys are betting combiner limbs than figures, in my opinion anyway. This new mold is fun to transform and looks just like a Porsche, even though it is unlicensed.
20210101_100123.jpg

20210101_100406.jpg

20210101_114003.jpg

Congrats on such an awesome score!!
I really dig his alt mode too... Which normally I don't care about as much.
And that TR Hot Rod looks like a knock-off to me... He's just very generic-looking imo.

Anyway, this gives me hope that here in the midwest we'll start seeing these guys soon.
Sowndwave76
Gestalt
News Credits: 9
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 7
Courage: 7
Firepower: 7
Skill: 7

Postby ShadowBlaze » Fri Jan 01, 2021 10:08 pm

Yesterday I found two Voyager Hot Rods at the Target in Encinitas, California. Bought one, left one.

He's a very nice figure - totally lives up to the Hasbro glamour shots. But I do want to offer a small word of warning. His alt-mode relies on lots of tabs and tight slots to hold together. One definitely wants to exercise caution while transforming him. Of particular note are the pipes on his arms. There's an incredibly small tab on each arm's middle pipe which is supposed to connect to the middle pipe on each leg. If any part of his torso isn't completely tabbed together as intended, the pipe tabs will be subject to extreme levels of tension, and trying unsuccessfully to separate them can result in the tabs breaking clean off. It happened by accident to my figure's left arm, leaving one side of the vehicle mode looking off-kilter. Out of curiosity - and resignation - I deliberately snapped off the tab on his other arm to see if it would even him out. The good news is that his car mode is completely stable and symmetrical without them, as long as everything else is secure. His arms are a little easier to position during conversion, but they aren't loose or otherwise problematic. Still, it's an issue worth watching out for, and one that I suspect will be a common source of frustration once more of these end up in collectors' hands.
ShadowBlaze
Micromaster
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 5
Courage: 9
Firepower: 7
Skill: 6

Postby Emerje » Fri Jan 01, 2021 11:39 pm

Motto: "Spellcheck's antithesis."
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
Sabrblade wrote:It's interesting that Takara is giving all of the SS86 toys their own proper Studio Series ID numbers instead of just 86 for each of them.

They do have their own numbers, Hasbro just made it smaller next to the 86.

Yeah, they aren't in line with the rest of SS, but I think Hasbro's way is better for separating the two styles, especially for the movie purists.

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff
News Credits: 229
Alt Mode: Lobster Moose
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Endurance: 8
Firepower: 3
Skill: 6

Postby Rodimus Prime » Fri Jan 01, 2021 11:42 pm

Motto: "Individual freedom above all else."
Emerje wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:It's interesting that Takara is giving all of the SS86 toys their own proper Studio Series ID numbers instead of just 86 for each of them.

Yeah, they aren't in line with the rest of SS, but I think Hasbro's way is better for separating the two styles, especially for the movie purists.

Emerje
yeah I figured the 86 was apart of the line name, thus making it a subline of SS and giving them their own numbers. So when Studio Series is counted, only the actual Bayverse figures should be considered, if we're talking about the animated movie figures they are Studio Series 86.
........Image
Rodimus Prime
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 22

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Sat Jan 02, 2021 2:03 pm

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Rodimus Prime wrote:
Emerje wrote:

Emerje
yeah I figured the 86 was apart of the line name, thus making it a subline of SS and giving them their own numbers. So when Studio Series is counted, only the actual Bayverse figures should be considered, if we're talking about the animated movie figures they are Studio Series 86.

Which raises the question: what's the assortment ID code for them?
The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3

Looking for:
- TR Furos (Hardhead's head) and Crashbash (lost him :()
- PotP Punch head
- TR Galvatron right arm (the gun one)
- CW Brake-Neck/UW Wildrider, CW Offroad
- TR Twinferno & Grotusque
- Greenlight, Lancer and PotP Elita-1 (plus repro Victorion hands and feet?)
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 241
Speed: 8
Courage: 8
Skill: 5

Postby aronjlove » Sat Jan 02, 2021 6:39 pm

The Target up on Peoria and 43rd Ave in Glendale, AZ has 3 Hot Rods, 2 Scourge, and a handful of Thrusts. I bought Hot Rod and Thrust. I'd report a sighting but I don't think it's working.
1609634335386353476600131936749.jpg
aronjlove
Brainmaster

Postby aronjlove » Sun Jan 03, 2021 1:59 pm

Well, it looks like the Target stores are getting stocked like they should have two weeks before Christmas not the week after but oh well. Where I went today was practically barren Friday except for two SS68 figures and some old Cyberverse stuff. Today, they had every single figure of Kingdom on the shelf. So why am I posting in the SS thread, because **** Buzzworthy Bumblebee, that's why. I was hoping to pick up the other SS86 figure, Blurr since the app said he was in stock. When I arrived all the SS space and then some was taking over by the BBB stuff. Since it is a bunch of SS rereleases that makes sense but holy **** there is only so much shelf space.
aronjlove
Brainmaster

Postby TF-fan kev777 » Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:28 pm

I picked up a couple bees yesterday and finally had a chance to open them up and check them out.

20210103_133013.jpg

I haven't had any prior experience with either mold yet, and both are pretty nice. I'd put SS74 bee a bit better than SS15 bee. SS15 does have a similar paint match issue as Earthrise Sunstreaker, but I do like the mold and was glad to get it at $20 and without having to pay for all the extras I wouldn't have used anyway. SS74 bee is outstanding. It has a similar overall transformation as SS15, but better. I also like that they went away from removing the whole arm for the arm cannon. Then again, you can give SS15 a butt-hand, so there is that.
TF-fan kev777
City Commander
News Credits: 40
Endurance: 10
Firepower: 10

Postby EvasionModeBumblebee » Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:21 pm

Motto: "Are you telling me you could've been a Camaro this whole time?!"
Weapon: Plasma Cannon
TF-fan kev777 wrote:I picked up a couple bees yesterday and finally had a chance to open them up and check them out.

20210103_133013.jpg

I haven't had any prior experience with either mold yet, and both are pretty nice. I'd put SS74 bee a bit better than SS15 bee. SS15 does have a similar paint match issue as Earthrise Sunstreaker, but I do like the mold and was glad to get it at $20 and without having to pay for all the extras I wouldn't have used anyway. SS74 bee is outstanding. It has a similar overall transformation as SS15, but better. I also like that they went away from removing the whole arm for the arm cannon. Then again, you can give SS15 a butt-hand, so there is that.

Nice! I’m headed to Target tomorrow, hoping to find ROTF Bee.

Question: Would you mind checking if there’s a pin in the joint between the car hood and the front windshield pieces on SS-15?
The Beekeeper of Seibertron

Check out my Studio Series customs! Newest update: SS-99 Battletrap
evasionmodebumblebee-s-studio-series-repaints-p2062217.php#p2062217

AKA CamaroBee
EvasionModeBumblebee
Godmaster
News Credits: 51
Alt Mode: 2011 Concept Camaro
Strength: 6
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Skill: 9

Postby william-james88 » Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:50 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
EvasionModeBumblebee wrote:
TF-fan kev777 wrote:I picked up a couple bees yesterday and finally had a chance to open them up and check them out.

20210103_133013.jpg

Question: Would you mind checking if there’s a pin in the joint between the car hood and the front windshield pieces on SS-15?

HA! I was gonna ask that too
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4469
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby TF-fan kev777 » Tue Jan 05, 2021 8:07 am

william-james88 wrote:

20210103_133013.jpg

Yep, there is. Was it left out on the original?
TF-fan kev777
City Commander

Postby EvasionModeBumblebee » Tue Jan 05, 2021 8:20 am

Motto: "Are you telling me you could've been a Camaro this whole time?!"
Weapon: Plasma Cannon
TF-fan kev777 wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

20210103_133013.jpg

Yep, there is. Was it left out on the original?

Oh, that’s cool! Thanks for checking!

So that mold had several releases (SS-01, SS-15, SS-19) where that pin was missing and the windshield/roof assembly would pop off really easily when transforming (My SS-01 wasn’t too bad about that until it spent a semester in the attic).

This was fixed with SS-27 Clunker Bumblebee, which put a pin in that joint to keep it together. Since Buzzworthy SS-15 is seemingly a rerelease of a figure before the pin was added, we were wondering if they had included it or not. It’s really cool that they did!
The Beekeeper of Seibertron

Check out my Studio Series customs! Newest update: SS-99 Battletrap
evasionmodebumblebee-s-studio-series-repaints-p2062217.php#p2062217

AKA CamaroBee
EvasionModeBumblebee
Godmaster
News Credits: 51
Alt Mode: 2011 Concept Camaro
Strength: 6
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Skill: 9

Postby TF-fan kev777 » Tue Jan 05, 2021 8:43 am

Hmmm, that makes me wonder if they were able to do anything for car Shatter, but then again she has way more problems than a pin could fix.
TF-fan kev777
City Commander

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:03 am

That's cool about the pin, I had completely forgotten about it.

I almost ordered both of those off the Target app, but for some reason they are $22.99 instead of $19.99 there. And I want both for the human figures, I love the SS74 mold and the SS15 is pretty nice, but I think both would be in alt mode on the shelf with their humans.

if I could find the Charlies garage set again for less than $30 I would rather grab that but it seems harder to get now
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby TF-fan kev777 » Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:46 am

D-Maximal_Primal wrote:That's cool about the pin, I had completely forgotten about it.

I almost ordered both of those off the Target app, but for some reason they are $22.99 instead of $19.99 there. And I want both for the human figures, I love the SS74 mold and the SS15 is pretty nice, but I think both would be in alt mode on the shelf with their humans.

if I could find the Charlies garage set again for less than $30 I would rather grab that but it seems harder to get now

I was eyeballing the set on Amazon when it dropped to $31.99, and might have bit at $30. But I don't care about all the extra tuner parts, so I was really glad to hear when they were re-releasing it under the Buzzworthy bee line for $20.

Unfortunately car mode is the weaker of the 2 modes because of the paint issue. The doors stand out like a sore thumb, on par with Earthrise Sunstreaker.
TF-fan kev777
City Commander

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:53 am

TF-fan kev777 wrote:
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:That's cool about the pin, I had completely forgotten about it.

I was eyeballing the set on Amazon when it dropped to $31.99, and might have bit at $30. But I don't care about all the extra tuner parts, so I was really glad to hear when they were re-releasing it under the Buzzworthy bee line for $20.

Unfortunately car mode is the weaker of the 2 modes because of the paint issue. The doors stand out like a sore thumb, on par with Earthrise Sunstreaker.

I actually wanted the extra tuner parts and stickers since this one is a bit bland to allow for the stickers.

The colors are disappointing, I don't want another Sunstreaker issue
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby TF-fan kev777 » Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:49 am

D-Maximal_Primal wrote:
TF-fan kev777 wrote:

I actually wanted the extra tuner parts and stickers since this one is a bit bland to allow for the stickers.

The colors are disappointing, I don't want another Sunstreaker issue

Much like Sunsteaker's roof, for Bee it is only the doors that are a problem, so the stickers would definitely help there. The orignial release would probably be your best bet. However, I do wonder how long until toyhax comes up with something. That might be a reasonable alternative if you only really wanted the stickers and not the extra plastic parts.
TF-fan kev777
City Commander

Postby TF-fan kev777 » Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:59 am

AAAAAHHHHHHH!!!! Swarm of BEEESSSS!!!

20210104_155907.jpg

Now that I have your attention, For anyone wondering about the deco of the Buzzworthy version of SS15, I have some good news, he isn't as bland as some have feared without the stickers and tuner parts.

Unlike the original, the Buzzworthy SS15 has Bee traditional black stripes painted on, so that makes 2 changes from the original release with the pin included for the roof and the black stripes on the car.

I'll get a few photos for Buzzworthy SS15 and SS74 taken today and share them here this afternoon.
TF-fan kev777
City Commander

Postby TF-fan kev777 » Tue Jan 05, 2021 4:34 pm

Here are some slightly better photos of Buzzworthy SS15 and SS74 along with a few other bees and ER Sunstreaker at the end to try and show the paint matching issues for SS15.

First up, I'm not a great photographer and was using my basic Samsung phone. My basement lighting are CFL's for whatever effect they might have on how everything photographs.

Up first just the new guys.

Bees 1.jpg

Bees 2.jpg

Bees 3.jpg

SS74 looks pretty good both to the naked eye and on photo between the yellow plastic and the yellow painted parts. SS15 Bees's problem parts are just the doors. SS15 also looks about as bad to the naked eye as it does on photo.

Now with some other bees.

Bees 4.jpg

I arranged these L to R with a purpose. SS VW and Jeep Bees on the left photograph worse on my camera than they do to the naked eye. I can tell the difference on these 2 with my eye, but it looks more like a difference in shine to the eye than it does a color mismatch like it does on the photo. SS74 and Netflix bee on the right both look solid to the naked eye and on camera, although some shots of SS74 bee have the yellow plastic a little more reflective than the painted parts washing them out a little depending on the light.

SS15 and TR bee are in the middle because both look a little bit worse on the match in person as they do on camera. Put them together with ER Sunstreaker and they are all about equal on the bad match of the yellow plastic to the yellow painted plastic, at least to my eyes.

Bees 5.jpg
TF-fan kev777
City Commander

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-E1 SOUNDBARRIER Transformers War Cybertron Earthrise Battle Master 2020 New"
WFC-E1 SOUNDBARRIE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K38 RED ALERT Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Walgreens 2021 New"
WFC-K38 RED ALERT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BWVS-04 TIGATRON + BLACKARACHNIA Transformers Beast Wars Again Kingdom Hasbro"
BWVS-04 TIGATRON + ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCRAPHEAP Transformers Studio Series 86-24 Animated Movie Voyager 2024 New"
SCRAPHEAP Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WRECK-GAR Transformers Studio Series 86-09 Animated Movie Voyager 2021 New"
WRECK-GAR Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BWVS-05 RATTRAP + TERRORSAUR Transformers Beast Wars Again Kingdom Hasbro 2024"
NEW!
BWVS-05 RATTRAP + ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KUP Transformers Buzzworthy Bumblebee Studio Series 86-02 Hasbro 2022 New"
KUP Transformers B ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BWVS-03 CHEETOR + WASPINATOR Transformers Beast Wars Again Kingdom Hasbro 2024"
BWVS-03 CHEETOR + ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-E18 AIRWAVE Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise Deluxe Hasbro 2020 New"
WFC-E18 AIRWAVE Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #9 Cover A IDW Comic 2019 BOLD NEW ERA SIEGE 9A (CA) Miyao"
TRANSFORMERS #9 Co ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #9 Cover B IDW Comic 2019 BOLD NEW ERA SIEGE 9B (CA) Tramontano"
TRANSFORMERS #9 Co ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K21 SOUNDWAVE Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Core Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K21 SOUNDWAVE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K35 TIGATRON Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Voyager Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K35 TIGATRON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BLURR Transformers Studio Series 86-03 Animated Movie Deluxe Hasbro 2021 New"
BLURR Transformers ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #346 - Gas Station Jamboree
Twincast / Podcast #346:
"Gas Station Jamboree"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 23rd, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Nemesis Prime (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Quintus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Misfire and Aimless" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Titan Class Predaking" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Elita-1" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Costanza Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Starscream Figure Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Brawn" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Voyager Inferno Action Figure" on AMAZON