This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers Studio Series General Discussion Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Transformers Studio Series Discussion

Postby william-james88 » Thu Jan 07, 2021 5:58 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
bacem wrote:I finally put a preorder on SS hot rod 2 days ago, and especting to recieve it near the end of march, which is moderately fast, for indonesian standard.

For those of you already owning him, how tight is the hinge on his visor? Because i have the MP, and it is uncomfortable tight, particularly considering it is a tiny hinge made of clear plastic, that i end up never using the visor due to fear of it breaking.

Smart because that mp's visit is prone to breaking.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4470
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby aronjlove » Thu Jan 07, 2021 6:15 pm

bacem wrote:I finally put a preorder on SS hot rod 2 days ago, and especting to recieve it near the end of march, which is moderately fast, for indonesian standard.

For those of you already owning him, how tight is the hinge on his visor? Because i have the MP, and it is uncomfortable tight, particularly considering it is a tiny hinge made of clear plastic, that i end up never using the visor due to fear of it breaking.
20210107_171256.jpg
Not sure how the Masterpiece works, but for the SS86 figure, it is rather elegant in its simplicity and not tight at all, at least on mine. I've flipped it a few times now.
aronjlove
Brainmaster
News Credits: 23

Postby Quantum Surge » Thu Jan 07, 2021 6:25 pm

Motto: "I'm real when it's useful."
Weapon: Twin Swords
My Hot Rod's visor is a-ok.
Action Figure Wishlist:

G1 Deadend, Wildrider, Breakdown w/Menasor fists, feet, waist, chest, mask, and weapons
POTP (Optimal Optimus, Rodimus Unicronus)
Titans Return (Topspin, Octone)
Cybertron Galvatron
Go! Hunter Optimus Prime
ROTF Mindwipe, Lockdown
HasLab Unicron
Quantum Surge
Targetmaster
News Credits: 4
Watch Quantum Surge on YouTube
Alt Mode: Batmobile
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10

Postby bacem » Thu Jan 07, 2021 6:41 pm

aronjlove wrote:

20210107_171256.jpg
Not sure how the Masterpiece works, but for the SS86 figure, it is rather elegant in its simplicity and not tight at all, at least on mine. I've flipped it a few times now.

The mechanism on MP is exactly the same as this. Good to know the visor joint is better here.
bacem
Combiner
News Credits: 31
Watch bacem on YouTube

Postby Sowndwave76 » Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:40 pm

Motto: "They wanna play my emotions, but I'm like the ocean-- too calm to get upset by somebody's notion."
Weapon: Concussion Blaster Gun
Anyone looking for SS86 figures at Target should make sure to check endcaps at the back of the aisles (the ones that face the games/puzzles).
That's where I found Hot Rod and Scourge this morning. Also a lot of Kingdom figures.
There was not display or signage. Just tags on the shelves and pegs.

Anyway, these SS86 figures are incredibly good as expected... And I will say I really think Cyclonus was originally supposed to be in this line. To me it seems like he is a perfect fit aesthetically with Hot Rod and Scourge in that there isn't the extra molded details that we see on ER and Netflix (and Siege) figures. Which also leads me to believe that Grimlock was originally supposed to be part of ER; there is a ton of extra molded detail on him. I'm definitely anxious to see what we get with Galvatron and Slag.
Initially I thought Scourge would be my favorite followed by Hot Rod, but Cyclonus is my favorite of the 3. None of those product shots really did him justice imo; he's so much better in person.

Oh also, the visor on my Hot Rod is fine and not overly tight at all.
Sowndwave76
Gestalt
News Credits: 9
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Courage: 7
Firepower: 7
Skill: 7

Postby LinaNui » Sat Jan 09, 2021 11:01 pm

Weapon: Vibro-Axe
Sowndwave76 wrote:Anyone looking for SS86 figures at Target should make sure to check endcaps at the back of the aisles (the ones that face the games/puzzles).
That's where I found Hot Rod and Scourge this morning. Also a lot of Kingdom figures.

Anyway, these SS86 figures are incredibly good as expected... And I will say I really think Cyclonus was originally supposed to be in this line. To me it seems like he is a perfect fit aesthetically with Hot Rod and Scourge in that there isn't the extra molded details that we see on ER and Netflix (and Siege) figures. Which also leads me to believe that Grimlock was originally supposed to be part of ER; there is a ton of extra molded detail on him. I'm definitely anxious to see what we get with Galvatron and Slag.
Initially I thought Scourge would be my favorite followed by Hot Rod, but Cyclonus is my favorite of the 3. None of those product shots really did him justice imo; he's so much better in person.

Hot rod, scourge, and all other SS86 guys were originally going to be released in the 3rd part of WFC, along side cyclonus. But then beast wars came to be the 3rd part and F'ed everything up. That is why they look good with each other.
LinaNui
Combiner
News Credits: 25
Watch LinaNui on YouTube
Alt Mode: Mclaren Senna
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 6
Endurance: 4
Courage: 5
Firepower: 3
Skill: 5

Postby ZeroWolf » Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:00 am

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
LinaNui wrote:
Sowndwave76 wrote:Anyone looking for SS86 figures at Target should make sure to check endcaps at the back of the aisles (the ones that face the games/puzzles).

Hot rod, scourge, and all other SS86 guys were originally going to be released in the 3rd part of WFC, along side cyclonus. But then beast wars came to be the 3rd part and F'ed everything up. That is why they look good with each other.

I was going to say the same thing :lol: though it should be noted that its only a theory at the moment unless one of the designers at Hasbro say otherwise, but I'd say that if Beast Wars wasn't having an anniversary this year, ss86 wouldn't exist and instead these figures would be in WFC 3.
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
News Credits: 1350

Postby EvasionModeBumblebee » Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:16 pm

Motto: "Are you telling me you could've been a Camaro this whole time?!"
Weapon: Plasma Cannon
Guess who I found today!
38515A94-C3DF-4EF5-B20A-FA14B51AE881.jpeg

The shade of yellow on this Bee is spot-on! I also really like the backdrop color scheme for the Buzzworthy figures.

My first figure of 2021, too!
The Beekeeper of Seibertron

Check out my Studio Series customs! Newest update: SS-99 Battletrap
evasionmodebumblebee-s-studio-series-repaints-p2062217.php#p2062217

AKA CamaroBee
EvasionModeBumblebee
Godmaster
News Credits: 51
Alt Mode: 2011 Concept Camaro
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Endurance: 5
Skill: 9

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:56 am

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
EvasionModeBumblebee wrote:Guess who I found today!
38515A94-C3DF-4EF5-B20A-FA14B51AE881.jpeg

The shade of yellow on this Bee is spot-on! I also really like the backdrop color scheme for the Buzzworthy figures.

My first figure of 2021, too!

Awesome! Did you find it in store? I haven't pulled the trigger on Target.com because for some reason they are $22.99 instead of $19.99, with the exception of WWII Bee. I want to get the classic and RotF ones for the minifigs.

On another note, I corrected some mistakes I made a couple years ago

Cogman is really nice, I have a hard time choosing which of the 2 is my favorite, but the SS one will be in car mode for "in scale" Cogman on the shelf.

Shadow Raider is really nice. I love the gun and the way it works on the arm, practically replacing the hand! and the orange is lovely. He is the newest Mercenary

I love KSI Sentry. The Stinger mold proved to be really good, and one of my favorites. I love the mold, the colors and heads used on both, it's fantastic. Definitely one people slept on. He makes a nice new con for the AOE crew and the con shelf in general. Now we need a SS Galvatron

I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Skill: 8

Postby TF-fan kev777 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:55 am

Nice Haul D-Max! All 3 of those are ones where I like the versions you just got better than the originals. The orange on Shadow Raider is just exquisite and probably my favorite of the 3 despite a pretty simple transformation. I removed the back piece from KSI Sentry that holds the spinny blades for Stinger that he doesn't come with for an easier time getting everything into car mode. I currently have 3 Cogmen (1 TLK, 2 SS) but use them as bodies for TR Shuffler, Ramhorn and Lione. When I eventually thin them down I'll keep one of the SS versions and sell the other 2 off.
TF-fan kev777
City Commander
News Credits: 40
Speed: 8
Courage: 9
Firepower: 10

Postby EvasionModeBumblebee » Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:57 am

D-Maximal_Primal wrote:Awesome! Did you find it in store? I haven't pulled the trigger on Target.com because for some reason they are $22.99 instead of $19.99, with the exception of WWII Bee. I want to get the classic and RotF ones for the minifigs.

Yep, I found it in stores. They had 2 WWII Bees, 1 Car Shatter, and 1 ROTF Bee. Sam is pretty cool, but he's almost all black plastic so I'm working on painting him to look like he does in DOTM.

I actually don't have any of those figures you picked up, but they all look really nice!

Shadow Raider is actually the only Studio Series figure (besides Thundercracker, who I got on Amazon) that I never saw in stores. Universal Megatron would be on that list as well, but I actually saw it at the collector's store near me yesterday! It looks great and the backdrop is really cool, but considering it's a Leader class mold I already have (and I still need Overload), I don't think I'll be picking it up. At least not right now, anyway.

AKA CamaroBee
EvasionModeBumblebee
Godmaster

Postby Quantum Surge » Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:27 am

I'm only missing the following repaints:

Thundercracker
DOTM Ratchet
Shadow Raider
Retro Rock Garage Bumblebee
KSI Sentry
Bumblebee Then & Now 2-pack
Clunker Bumblebee
Crankcase
Battle Damaged Megatron
TLK Drift
As Seen In Parks Megatron
Devastator

This excludes the Buzzworthy repaints of Classic and ROTF Bee since I'm getting them (original SS-15 won't be needed) while we've yet to get other waves for 2021. I'd also exclude the Asian Lucky Draw repaints for price reasons.
Action Figure Wishlist:

G1 Deadend, Wildrider, Breakdown w/Menasor fists, feet, waist, chest, mask, and weapons
Cybertron Galvatron
Go! Hunter Optimus Prime
ROTF Mindwipe, Lockdown
HasLab Unicron
Quantum Surge
Targetmaster

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:57 am

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
TF-fan kev777 wrote:Nice Haul D-Max! All 3 of those are ones where I like the versions you just got better than the originals. The orange on Shadow Raider is just exquisite and probably my favorite of the 3 despite a pretty simple transformation. I removed the back piece from KSI Sentry that holds the spinny blades for Stinger that he doesn't come with for an easier time getting everything into car mode. I currently have 3 Cogmen (1 TLK, 2 SS) but use them as bodies for TR Shuffler, Ramhorn and Lione. When I eventually thin them down I'll keep one of the SS versions and sell the other 2 off.

I'd forgotten about the other Titans masters, maybe I'll give them a shot on the SS body. But I love the SS one in alt mode with the paint.
EvasionModeBumblebee wrote:
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:Awesome! Did you find it in store? I haven't pulled the trigger on Target.com because for some reason they are $22.99 instead of $19.99, with the exception of WWII Bee. I want to get the classic and RotF ones for the minifigs.

Yep, I found it in stores. They had 2 WWII Bees, 1 Car Shatter, and 1 ROTF Bee. Sam is pretty cool, but he's almost all black plastic so I'm working on painting him to look like he does in DOTM.

I actually don't have any of those figures you picked up, but they all look really nice!

Shadow Raider is actually the only Studio Series figure (besides Thundercracker, who I got on Amazon) that I never saw in stores. Universal Megatron would be on that list as well, but I actually saw it at the collector's store near me yesterday! It looks great and the backdrop is really cool, but considering it's a Leader class mold I already have (and I still need Overload), I don't think I'll be picking it up. At least not right now, anyway.

Hopefully I find them in stores then, I'd like to not spend $23 on a deluxe!

You definitely need an Overload, he's great by himself and makes a nice solid Devastator set of shorts! I got 2 because of the preorder prices, no regrets there.

In terms of mainline SS, The only ones I don't have now from retail are DotM Ratchet, Crankcase, OG Starscream, and Rusty Bee. I'm also missing exclusive wise SS69 Devastator, Bee w/ Charlie, the retro pop duo, the Then and Now Be 2-pack, and any Asia or Takara exclusive ones.
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby EvasionModeBumblebee » Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:04 pm

I finally have my Studio Series Jetfire and Optimus in the same place today, so I got to combine them!
4A11FB6D-6CFE-4FE5-8682-1EB8B769BAA7.jpeg

Please ignore my bad first attempt at flames

This thing is SO cool! I’m liking it even more than I thought I would.

AKA CamaroBee
EvasionModeBumblebee
Godmaster

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:45 am

It is a great combination! They did a pretty dang good job of setting up a more buff and more posable powered up Optimus, i only wish he had stronger arm joints or that the Jetfire gun was smaller.
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby EvasionModeBumblebee » Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:25 pm

D-Maximal_Primal wrote:It is a great combination! They did a pretty dang good job of setting up a more buff and more posable powered up Optimus, i only wish he had stronger arm joints or that the Jetfire gun was smaller.

I actually haven’t used the SR-Seventygun yet, I lost one of the halves to the gun barrel. I’m using the DOTM tribarrel gun instead, and it kinda works.
8101AF48-A420-4DE6-AC84-1B0C3D2545D9.jpeg

AKA CamaroBee
EvasionModeBumblebee
Godmaster

Postby AllNewSuperRobot » Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:43 pm

Motto: "Guilty or Innocent?
Always Guilty..."
Weapon: Particle Beam Cannon
I don't know if this has been discussed before. But I was looking at the packaging with Scourge SS'86 and its very specific aesthetic.

This made me think about Cyclonus. Whenever SS Cyclonus does become a thing, after all these years, are HasTak going to officially recognise who he is? [Bombshell, not Skywarp]
AllNewSuperRobot
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 5
Alt Mode: Special Beam Cannon
Strength: 8
Speed: N/A
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10+
Firepower: ???

Postby Razorbeast88 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:49 pm

Motto: ""Here's a hint!""
Weapon: Pile-Drivers
I agree that Cyclonus is Bombshell haha
Wow that was a big brain fart earlier lol
Last edited by Razorbeast88 on Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Patiently waiting for an updated TF:A-inspired quadruple-changing Shockwave in the generations toyline
Razorbeast88
Headmaster
News Credits: 12
Alt Mode: Mammoth + Pirate Ship
Speed: 5
Firepower: 6

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:52 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
AllNewSuperRobot wrote:This made me think about Cyclonus. Whenever SS Cyclonus does become a thing, after all these years, are HasTak going to officially recognise who he is? [Bombshell, not Skywarp]
I think you've missed the toy description for Kingdom Cyclonus.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 434
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8

Postby AllNewSuperRobot » Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:53 pm

Always Guilty..."
Sabrblade wrote:
AllNewSuperRobot wrote:This made me think about Cyclonus. Whenever SS Cyclonus does become a thing, after all these years, are HasTak going to officially recognise who he is? [Bombshell, not Skywarp]

:shock:

That.. was not expected. A wishy-washy everything or nothing answer #-o
AllNewSuperRobot
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:57 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
AllNewSuperRobot wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

:shock:

That.. was not expected. A wishy-washy everything or nothing answer #-o
*insert joke about politicians here* :P
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 434
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8

Postby AllNewSuperRobot » Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:02 pm

Always Guilty..."
Indeed :lol:

Well for the layout of their own packaging, they may have to get off the fence and actually name one.
AllNewSuperRobot
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Quantum Surge » Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:03 pm

I'm just going to say "they took a black and pueple Decepticon and turned him into a lavender Decepticon. Good night."
Action Figure Wishlist:

Cybertron Galvatron
Go! Hunter Optimus Prime
ROTF Mindwipe, Lockdown
HasLab Unicron
Quantum Surge
Targetmaster

Postby AllNewSuperRobot » Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:07 pm

Always Guilty..."
I've never understood the contention.

It answers itself in the scene composition. Thundercracker is front and centre. He is reformatted into Scourge. Bombshell is likewise front and centre, reformatted into Cyclonus. Skywarp is in the background, just as the other Insecticons that became the Sweeps.
AllNewSuperRobot
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby bluecatcinema » Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:17 pm

AllNewSuperRobot wrote:I've never understood the contention.

It answers itself in the scene composition. Thundercracker is front and centre. He is reformatted into Scourge. Bombshell is likewise front and centre, reformatted into Cyclonus. Skywarp is in the background, just as the other Insecticons that became the Sweeps.

The Sweeps' fluctuating numbers have made lots of fans think that they are the reformatted Insecticons (what with multiplication being their signature ability).
bluecatcinema
Targetmaster
News Credits: 1

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr A Dynamite Comics 2024 DEC230204 1A (CA) Nakayama (W) Shalvey"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr H foil virgin Dynamite Comics 2024 JAN240112 2H (CA) Parrillo"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr F Dynamite Comics 2024 DEC230209 1F (CA) Action Figure"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Masters Universe MASTERVERSE #1 Cvr B Dark Horse Comics DEC220422 1B MOTU Jones"
Masters Universe M ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Masters Universe FORGE DESTINY #2 Cvr B Dark Horse Comics AUG231235 2B Seeley"
Masters Universe F ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr G FOIL Dynamite Comics 2024 DEC230210 1G (CA) Nakayama"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr G foil Dynamite Comics 2024 JAN240111 2G (CA) Parrillo"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Masters Universe MASTERVERSE #2 Cvr A Dark Horse Comics JAN230439 2A MOTU Nunez"
Masters Universe M ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Masters Universe FORGE DESTINY #3 Cvr B Dark Horse Comics JUL239634 3B (CA) Mhan"
Masters Universe F ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr U 1:25 LINE ART Dynamite Comics DEC230224 1U (CA) Parrillo"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr F action figure Dynamite Comics 2024 JAN240110 2F (W) Shalvey"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Masters Universe FORGE DESTINY #4 Cvr C Dark Horse Comics OCT231207 4C (CA)Ossio"
Masters Universe F ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr Q 1:10 Line Art Dynamite Comics DEC230220 1Q (CA) Shalvey"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Masters Universe MASTERVERSE #2 Cvr B Dark Horse Comics JAN230440 2B Jones + Su"
Masters Universe M ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #346 - Gas Station Jamboree
Twincast / Podcast #346:
"Gas Station Jamboree"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 23rd, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Tailgate" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Battleslash" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Voyager Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 09 Voyager Class Movie 2 Thundercracker" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Moonracer" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Sunstreaker Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight -- Knight Armor Turbo Changer Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Air Raid Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers RID Combiner Force Warriors Class Starscream" on AMAZON