This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers Studio Series General Discussion Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Transformers Studio Series Discussion

Postby Spider5800 » Tue Jun 15, 2021 11:03 am

D-Maximal_Primal wrote:Actually, kind of on this topic, are there any non-exclusive Studio Series figures that anyone hasn’t seen at retail? I’ve never seen Shadow Raider, and I only saw Clunker Bee twice, both times months after that wave had come and gone.

Oh lord, I could make a list of what I never even saw in stores:

1. Almost all of wave 3, 4 and 5 deluxes,(DotM Ratchet, Shadow Raider, VW Bee, KSI Sentry, Clunker Bee, Barricade, Sideswipe, "Crankcase"). I think the only ones I ever saw in-stores was helicopter Dropkick and WW2 Bee. Also have yet to see RotF Soundwave.

2. For voyagers, I never saw RotF Starscream, Sentinel Prime, and multiple Constructicons (Long Haul, Mixmaster and Skipjack).

3. Only leader I never saw was Jetfire.
Optimus Prime: Freedom is the right of all sentient beings!

Megatron: Bite my shiney metal ass!
Spider5800
Vehicon
News Credits: 2

Postby M. Spector » Tue Jun 15, 2021 2:12 pm

Motto: "Put it in my aspen fanny pack Lord Megatron"
Weapon: Indepentently Targetable Particle Beam Cannons
As far as my memory serves, think I've seen every SS release at least once up here in the north. Some stuck around alot longer than others, some where here and gone in a day. Not much rhyme or reason :lol: Oh except for DoTM Leader Megs, there was an absolute avalanche of them here for some reason
M. Spector
Fuzor
Alt Mode: B-17 Flying Fortress
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Endurance: 10
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Postby TF-fan kev777 » Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:59 pm

M. Spector wrote:Oh except for DoTM Leader Megs, there was an absolute avalanche of them here for some reason

DOTM Megs seems to be the Leader that nobody wanted and unfortunately was one Hasbro repacked. He hung around forever in my area as well. Heck, Target even lowered him to $34.70 or something like that online early last year just to move them (that's how I got mine).
TF-fan kev777
City Commander
News Credits: 40
Strength: 7
Speed: 8
Courage: 9

Postby EvasionModeBumblebee » Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:57 am

Motto: "Are you telling me you could've been a Camaro this whole time?!"
Weapon: Plasma Cannon
BEES!

After finding Offroad Bee at a collectors store, I now have every Studio Series Bumblebee mold!

Offroad Bee is great, easily the best figure of Bee from that movie. Not entirely sure of where it falls in the total ranking yet - SS-49/74 is still definitely at the top, and I think Offroad is either 2nd or 3rd. Either way, very glad to add this Bee to the collection!
866A65B6-F5D5-4FB2-8EDC-66EC226581FB.jpeg

A6E3D048-AED8-49DB-9E89-74823CFAC37A.jpeg

Here’s hoping we see the rest of the Bayverse Bees sometime soon!
The Beekeeper of Seibertron

Check out my Studio Series customs! Newest update: SS-99 Battletrap
evasionmodebumblebee-s-studio-series-repaints-p2062217.php#p2062217

AKA CamaroBee
EvasionModeBumblebee
Godmaster
News Credits: 51
Alt Mode: 2011 Concept Camaro
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Courage: 10
Firepower: 3
Skill: 9

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:00 am

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
EvasionModeBumblebee wrote:BEES!
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 434
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Firepower: 7

Postby o.supreme » Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:37 am

Motto: "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes"

But honestly, that is a nice collection. Although I guess technically there are 11 Studio Series Bumblebees so far, (01,15,18-20,24,25,49,57,70,&74) you just don't have the gratuitous repaints and exclusives, which I totaly understand
Bucket/Want List: Botcon 2016 Customization Class Ratchet (G2 Deco), or Customization Class Ratchet (Marvel Comics Deco) **would also be willing to pay for an Unpainted Botcon 2016 Ratchet, TT Legends Fortress Head (only) with working Electronics

Wish List of Modern Combiners: Road Caesar, Monstructor & Dinoking (proper size to fiction), Landcross, Guard City, Battle Gaia, & G2 Defensor. Wish List of Titans:Metrotitan,Majin Zarak
o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 55
Watch o.supreme on YouTube
Buy from o.supreme on eBay

Postby EvasionModeBumblebee » Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:52 am

o.supreme wrote:
But honestly, that is a nice collection. Although I guess technically there are 11 Studio Series Bumblebees so far, (01,15,18-20,24,25,49,57,70,&74) you just don't have the gratuitous repaints and exclusives, which I totaly understand

Thanks! I actually do have 24/25 (found them for cheap at Ollie's), but I'm keeping them in box since I have both of those molds already opened from different releases.

I am going to pick up Clunker Bee (SS-27) if I can find it, I like SS-01 and the pinned windshield joint and weathering are some great changes.

Don't plan on picking up 15, 19, or 20 though. I suppose if I couldn't find Clunker Bee, I could get Buzzworthy SS-15 (since it also has the pinned windshield) and try weathering it myself.

AKA CamaroBee
EvasionModeBumblebee
Godmaster

Postby o.supreme » Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:58 am

EvasionModeBumblebee wrote:
o.supreme wrote:
But honestly, that is a nice collection. Although I guess technically there are 13 Studio Series Bumblebees so far, (01,15,18-20,24-27,49,57,70,&74) you just don't have the gratuitous repaints and exclusives, which I totaly understand

Thanks! I actually do have 24/25 (found them for cheap at Ollie's), but I'm keeping them in box since I have both of those molds already opened from different releases.

I am going to pick up Clunker Bee (SS-27) if I can find it, I like SS-01 and the pinned windshield joint and weathering are some great changes.

Don't plan on picking up 15, 19, or 20 though. I suppose if I couldn't find Clunker Bee, I could get Buzzworthy SS-15 (since it also has the pinned windshield) and try weathering it myself.
Bucket/Want List: Botcon 2016 Customization Class Ratchet (G2 Deco), or Customization Class Ratchet (Marvel Comics Deco) **would also be willing to pay for an Unpainted Botcon 2016 Ratchet, TT Legends Fortress Head (only) with working Electronics

Wish List of Modern Combiners: Road Caesar, Monstructor & Dinoking (proper size to fiction), Landcross, Guard City, Battle Gaia, & G2 Defensor. Wish List of Titans:Metrotitan,Majin Zarak
o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby o.supreme » Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:01 am

Woops.... :oops: I alphabetize my search just with *Bumblebee*, not realizing the prefixes "Clunker" and WWII would get tossed out. So I guess there are actually 13 SS Bumblebees!

(01,15,18-20,24-27,49,57,70,&74)

o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby M. Spector » Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:25 pm

After finding Offroad Bee at a collectors store, I now have every Studio Series Bumblebee mold!

Offroad Bee is great, easily the best figure of Bee from that movie. Not entirely sure of where it falls in the total ranking yet - SS-49/74 is still definitely at the top, and I think Offroad is either 2nd or 3rd. Either way, very glad to add this Bee to the collection!
866A65B6-F5D5-4FB2-8EDC-66EC226581FB.jpeg

A6E3D048-AED8-49DB-9E89-74823CFAC37A.jpeg

Here’s hoping we see the rest of the Bayverse Bees sometime soon!

Nice find! (And impressive Bee hive) Jeep Bee is one of my favorite Studio Series toys and ironically just brought him out for my desk the other night. Both modes are so nice and hold together really well, so much so that it'll probably stay as my default Bumble for my movie style collection, unless of course the rumored (confirmed) DoTM one looks like a banger when it gets revealed
M. Spector
Fuzor

Postby o.supreme » Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:35 pm

Just some weird geek fun math. There are 79 SS releases so far. 13 are versions of Bumblebee. So 1-in-6 of every SS is a Bumblebee toy :shock: .

o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby EvasionModeBumblebee » Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:38 pm

M. Spector wrote:
Nice find! (And impressive Bee hive) Jeep Bee is one of my favorite Studio Series toys and ironically just brought him out for my desk the other night. Both modes are so nice and hold together really well, so much so that it'll probably stay as my default Bumble for my movie style collection, unless of course the rumored (confirmed) DoTM one looks like a banger when it gets revealed

Thanks! I'm really excited (and a little nervous) about an eventual DOTM Bee since it's my favorite version. SS-49 is an excellent starting point, but there's a lot of remolding they would have to do. They'd have to redo the center of the chest piece, the collar pieces, the back of the car to get the spoiler, and the grill/front section. They did do more remolding than I thought they would with ROTF Bee though, so here's hoping they go all out for it!

Bee's lower wings in DOTM are formed by the spoiler instead of the small window sections, like in the prior designs. I guess they could do that by having a faux-spoiler fold out of the doors and have the window section attached to some of the other vehicle mode parts instead, but I think I could forgive if they kept the smaller wing system from SS-49.
Last edited by EvasionModeBumblebee on Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AKA CamaroBee
EvasionModeBumblebee
Godmaster

Postby Overcracker » Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:48 pm

Motto: "Collecting little transforming action figures is the right of all sentient Geeks."
I have DoTM Bee with Sam own pre-Order at Amazon.com, and considering getting Jeep Bee, and SS-49 Bee since they been offered at $20.00 with free shipping each.

Decisions, decisions.
Check the Collection Manager Updates at the thread in the General discussion forum.
TF Search Website First Beta is now up. Click this link!
Beast Wars complete, Beast Machines almost done.
Last Update: March 14, 2024:
Now holding 1000!!! figures and 2310 releases of figures. Please check the forum post above for details.
Overcracker
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 5
Watch Overcracker on YouTube
Endurance: 9
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10

Postby EvasionModeBumblebee » Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:22 pm

In-hand pics of BB Thrust!

https://twitter.com/morgan_dfx/status/1 ... 26850?s=21

Hopefully we see Jolt soon!

AKA CamaroBee
EvasionModeBumblebee
Godmaster

Possible First Look at Studio Series Bumblebee Movie Thrust

Postby Bounti76 » Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:44 pm

Weapon: Vibro-Axe
Thanks to Seibertronian EvasionModeBumblebee, we were pointed in the direction of Twitter user @morgan_dfx, who posted pictures of a haul of new Kingdom Deluxes, along with Studio Series Wreck-Gar and what appears to be the rumored Bumblebee Movie Starscream repaint of Thrust! This figure appears to be a straight repaint of Starscream, with his color scheme of greens and white homaging Armada Thrust, rather than the maroon and black of G1 Thrust.

It still hasn't been revealed what figure is coming in the wave with Wreck Gar, though this figure seems a good bet.

What do you think about this figure being potentially released? Well you be adding it to your Fall of Cybertron display if it turns out to be legitimate? Let us know what you think below!
Bounti76
News Staff
News Credits: 376
Strength: 5
Firepower: 6
Skill: 8

Postby EvasionModeBumblebee » Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:02 pm

It’s not actually a straight Starscream repaint - it has Blitzwing’s head sculpt and a new conehead hood thing behind his head.

I’m interested in seeing more pictures of this one, but overall I’m kinda meh - I like the Blitzwing head sculpt, but the conehead hood just seems a little weird with where it sits.

AKA CamaroBee
EvasionModeBumblebee
Godmaster

Postby Bounti76 » Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:19 pm

EvasionModeBumblebee wrote:It’s not actually a straight Starscream repaint - it has Blitzwing’s head sculpt and a new conehead hood thing behind his head.

I’m interested in seeing more pictures of this one, but overall I’m kinda meh - I like the Blitzwing head sculpt, but the conehead hood just seems a little weird with where it sits.

Good to know. I had zero interest in Starscream, so I paid no attention to that figure. :lol:
Bounti76
News Staff
News Credits: 376
Strength: 5
Firepower: 6
Skill: 8

Re: Possible First Look at Studio Series Bumblebee Movie Thrust

Postby TulioDude » Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:20 pm

Motto: "Never doubt the awesomess."
Weapon: Energo-Sword
Bounti76 wrote:Thanks to Seibertronian EvasionModeBumblebee, we were pointed in the direction of Twitter user @morgan_dfx, who posted pictures of a haul of new Kingdom Deluxes, along with Studio Series Wreck-Gar and what appears to be the rumored Bumblebee Movie Starscream repaint of Thrust! This figure appears to be a straight repaint of Starscream, with his color scheme of greens and white homaging Armada Thrust, rather than the maroon and black of G1 Thrust.

:x
Silverwing wrote:Also, I feel compelled to give the obligatory: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay:
One for each year of the Movieverse's decade strong tenure. Here's to a few more explosive years!

Here is my DeviantArt page and my Tumblr blog.
TulioDude
Gestalt
News Credits: 6
Strength: 9
Firepower: 8

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:38 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
The green isn't as rich as it was in the movie.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 434
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Firepower: 7

Postby Sentinel_Primal » Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:31 pm

Weapon: Thermal Sword
I wish it was the Blitzwing mold, but the tetrajet might be fine. I'll need to see what the vehicle mode looks like before I decide whether or not to pick him up, but so far it looks promising
Sentinel_Primal
Godmaster
News Credits: 12
Alt Mode: Sea Serpent
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 5
Endurance: 4
Courage: 4
Firepower: 2
Skill: 5

Postby william-james88 » Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:08 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
Sentinel_Primal wrote:I wish it was the Blitzwing mold, but the tetrajet might be fine. I'll need to see what the vehicle mode looks like before I decide whether or not to pick him up, but so far it looks promising

I'm glad it's not, that itzwing mold was deeply flawed. Still now, I never feel like handling it with how it does not hold together well.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4469
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby -Kanrabat- » Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:12 pm

Motto: "Love it? GET IT!
It's that simple."
william-james88 wrote:
Sentinel_Primal wrote:I wish it was the Blitzwing mold, but the tetrajet might be fine. I'll need to see what the vehicle mode looks like before I decide whether or not to pick him up, but so far it looks promising

I'm glad it's not, that itzwing mold was deeply flawed. Still now, I never feel like handling it with how it does not hold together well.

SS Blitzwing made me ANGRY. I just can't understand the praise of that figure because as you say, the quality is horrendous.

The one I should have hated, that weird SS Bee Starscream, I was pleasantly surprised by. Also, solid overall.
Come see my latest creation, a Galvatron Combiner using 4 SS86 Sweeps as limbs

Also, an update to my old ALL HELICOPER VICTORION!

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 95
Watch -Kanrabat- on YouTube
Buy from -Kanrabat- on eBay
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Postby M. Spector » Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:22 pm

-Kanrabat- wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

SS Blitzwing made me ANGRY. I just can't understand the praise of that figure because as you say, the quality is horrendous.

The one I should have hated, that weird SS Bee Starscream, I was pleasantly surprised by. Also, solid overall.

SS Blitzwang as I call him, was fun out of the box, but over timed I soured on him somewhat. It does have good qualities but for me it gets weighed down by the junk. The Bmovie Starscream is an absolute knock out and surprised me with how much I enjoyed it. So if anybody out there is in the fence about, I'd recommend giving the mold a try if you where unhappy with Blitzwang OR just want to check out a really cool transformation and figure
M. Spector
Fuzor

Postby jtanimator » Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:12 am

M. Spector wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

SS Blitzwang as I call him, was fun out of the box, but over timed I soured on him somewhat. It does have good qualities but for me it gets weighed down by the junk. The Bmovie Starscream is an absolute knock out and surprised me with how much I enjoyed it. So if anybody out there is in the fence about, I'd recommend giving the mold a try if you where unhappy with Blitzwang OR just want to check out a really cool transformation and figure

Both molds were pretty solid to me, but I’d only want the other seekers in the BB Starscream mold, mainly for that tetrajet alt mode. I actually adore everything about it and would love an army of seekers with that flight form. Whereas I’d die inside to see virtually any other repaint of Blitzwing’s awful jet mode. I’m mainly just impressed that hasbro gave us two nearly identical looking robot modes with completely different transformations, molds and al modes. For the first time in a while im Looking forward to some seeker repaints.
jtanimator
Minibot

Postby o.supreme » Thu Jun 17, 2021 7:48 am

I don't see how this is Thrust, but whatever. In a soft reboot which is supposed to have characters closer in appearance to the Original Transformers, one would think this would be Acid Storm. Just another name slap unfortunately.

o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers Beast Wars GATHERING #1 RI Cvr C 1:100 IDW Comics 2006 1RIC 210321A"
Transformers Beast ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MP-44S OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Masterpiece G1 Convoy Takara Tomy 2024 New"
NEW!
MP-44S OPTIMUS PRI ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DINOBOT Transformers Beast Wars McDonald's Happy Meal Premium 1998 230609A"
DINOBOT Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GRIMLOCK Transformers G1 Dinobots complete Hasbro 1985 221120A"
NEW!
GRIMLOCK Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "G2 MEGATRON Transformers Super7 Ultimates 7" action figure 2023 New"
G2 MEGATRON Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #36 Cvr B IDW Comics 2021 AUG210581 36B (CA) Powell"
TRANSFORMERS #36 C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #8 Cvr B IDW Comics 2021 JUL210497 8B (CA) Gee"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Fuzor TERRAGATOR Transformers Beast Wars Basic complete vtg Hasbro 1998 230609A"
Fuzor TERRAGATOR T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BLACKARACHNIA Transformers Beast Machines Fast Food Premium 2000 230313A"
BLACKARACHNIA Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "RHINOX Transformers Beast Wars Transmetal Deluxe complete vtg 1998 AS-IS 230609A"
RHINOX Transformer ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "JET-KUN First Transformers G1 airplane complete Hasbro 1986 220825A"
NEW!
JET-KUN First Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #4 Cvr A IDW Comics 2021 MAR210485 4A (A/CA) Burcham"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "G2 JAZZ Transformers Legacy Evolution Walmart Universe Autobot Hasbro 2023 New"
NEW!
G2 JAZZ Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MAGNABOSS Transformers Beast Wars complete + instructions 1997 230609A **AS-IS**"
MAGNABOSS Transfor ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #346 - Gas Station Jamboree
Twincast / Podcast #346:
"Gas Station Jamboree"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 23rd, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Tailgate" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series Number 14 Voyager Class Autobot Ironhide" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Titan Class Predaking" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Repugnus, Dastard, and Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Toys Megatron Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Fusion Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 11.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight -- Knight Armor Turbo Changer Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Bumblebee Evolution 3-Pack (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Playskool Heroes Rescue Bots Optimus Prime Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Speed Series Optimus Prime" on AMAZON