Takara Tomy Transformers Power of The Primes Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Takara Tomy Transformers Power of The Primes Thread

Postby Va'al » Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:12 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
For a long while now, people have been thinking about what might happen to the Legends line from Takara Tomy Transformers, which has seen gathering together a fair few lines released as separate by their US counterpart company Hasbro. With Titans Return appearing in Legends, but Combiner Wars making up the Unite Warriors line, the latest line of Power of the Primes could have gone either way.

It appears we have an answer, courtesy of Planet Iacon over on Facebook, who bring us the full list of the first releases of Power of the Prime by Takara Tomy - though yet unnamed and lacking images - with the PP code for every figure (much like UW for Unite Warriors, or LG for Legends)! Currently scheduled for a May 2018 release, we're bound to hear more about this in the coming months, as only three Prime Masters, three Legend class, one Deluxe and two Leaders are currently shown off. Check it out below!

Takara Transformers Power of Prime Series:

PP-01 Micronus, 800 Yen
PP-02 Liege Maximo, 800 Yen
PP-03 Vector Prime, 800 Yen
PP-04 Dinobot Slash, 1500 Yen
PP-05 Wind Charger, 1500 Yen
PP-06 Beach comber, 1500 Yen
PP-07 Autobot Jazz, 2800 Yen
PP-08 Rodimus Prime, 7000 Yen
PP-09 Optimus Prime, 7000 Yen

All scheduled to be released on May 2018
Do you have Transformers news for Seibertron.com? Contact us here!

Never too late for.. The Va'ault.
Va'al
News Admin
News Credits: 190
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Re: Takara Tomy Transformers PP (Power of the Primes) Thread

Postby steals_your_goats » Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:37 am

Weapon: Twin Swords
I'm a little surprised that they're doing the pretenders both separately and as the primes. Will be interesting to see how they change them, if they do at all.

Legends look like they're just back by themselves going off of the price, which is slightly disappointing but since they're doing the pretenders separately there's nothing to go with them.

The lack of the other deluxe's and both voyagers still kinda gives hope for the return of unite warriors. I think they're saving the teams for that and releasing everyone else under this new subline. That would put the final nail in the coffin for a full team for jazz though.
Delta Magnus wrote:This is because you are a hamhanded idiot.
steals_your_goats
Brainmaster
News Credits: 12
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Dimetrodon
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 6
Endurance: 9
Courage: 10
Firepower: 4
Skill: 7

Postby TF-fan kev777 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:06 am

steals_your_goats wrote:The lack of the other deluxe's and both voyagers still kinda gives hope for the return of unite warriors. I think they're saving the teams for that and releasing everyone else under this new subline. That would put the final nail in the coffin for a full team for jazz though.

Yeah, Jazz being solo makes me wonder if they will even touch Inferno.

Dreadwind could still end up in either this line or a UW reboot. They might just be saving him to release as a 2 pack Buster/Hydra, or they could be using those 2 as limbs for Starscream (or whatever character they will use that torso for).
TF-fan kev777
Targetmaster
News Credits: 4
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 10
Courage: 9
Firepower: 10

Postby Tranzilla » Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:54 am

TF-fan kev777 wrote:
steals_your_goats wrote:The lack of the other deluxe's and both voyagers still kinda gives hope for the return of unite warriors. I think they're saving the teams for that and releasing everyone else under this new subline. That would put the final nail in the coffin for a full team for jazz though.

Yeah, Jazz being solo makes me wonder if they will even touch Inferno.

Dreadwind could still end up in either this line or a UW reboot. They might just be saving him to release as a 2 pack Buster/Hydra, or they could be using those 2 as limbs for Starscream (or whatever character they will use that torso for).

I wouldn't mind seeing PW Starscream retooled for Skyquake and Jazz redone as Ricochet/Stepper.
Tranzilla
Minibot
News Credits: 1

Postby Agamemnon » Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:07 am

Motto: ""I'd be the President of the procrastinator's club if I ever got around to submitting my application.""
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
BBTS has them up for preorder now. :-D

[Edit] No pics yet, tho... :(
william-james88 wrote:Also be weary of hope in this hobby. Hope is just undiscovered disappointment.
My nephew wrote:Bacon is meat candy.
Agamemnon, barebacked rider of flying robo-dragon, and not often constipated either...
(I answer to Ag or Ags. Agamemnon is too long to type. Plus, there is something elemental about calling me Ag. :-D )
Agamemnon
Faction Commander
News Credits: 9
Alt Mode: A donut. Mmmmm...donut
Strength: 5
Speed: 2
Endurance: 6
Firepower: 5
Skill: 8

Postby o.supreme » Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:08 am

Motto: "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes"
Well the only really odd figure here is Jazz. The Lack of Voyagers and other deluxes still gives me hope Takara has plans for a UW styled Dinobot set, and a Starscream set (which will incorporate Deadwind & Blackwing somehow)...If Jazz is indeed to be a solo act however, I guess I can just go ahead and get the Hasbro one.
Defender of The Ark

Wanted:
Kreon Elite Optimus Prime Canadian TRU Giveaway
TF Kreon Warriors Series 3 (Unproduced)
Kreon Soccer Bumblebee
Empty Box and packaging only UW-05 Convoy Grand Prime
Empty Box and packaging only UW-EX Lynxmaster

Botcon 2016 Build-a-figure Marvel Comics Ratchet
Botcon 2016 Build-a-figure G2 Ratchet
Botcon 2016 Build-a-figure Shattered Glass Ratchet
Botcon 2016 Build-a-figure Medix
Botcon 2016 Flash Sentry
o.supreme
Godmaster
News Credits: 11
Buy from o.supreme on eBay

Postby steals_your_goats » Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:09 am

Weapon: Twin Swords
Agamemnon wrote:BBTS has them up for preorder now. :-D

Those prices are surprisingly reasonable. Makes me wonder just how different these are going to be compared to the Hasbro ones...
Delta Magnus wrote:This is because you are a hamhanded idiot.
steals_your_goats
Brainmaster
News Credits: 12
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Dimetrodon
Strength: 10
Endurance: 9
Firepower: 4

Postby o.supreme » Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:14 am

steals_your_goats wrote:

Those prices are surprisingly reasonable. Makes me wonder just how different these are going to be compared to the Hasbro ones...

In this particular case, I'm guessing not very different at all
Defender of The Ark

Wanted:
Kreon Soccer Bumblebee

Botcon 2016 Flash Sentry
o.supreme
Godmaster

Postby o.supreme » Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:30 am

Probably having one of my delusions again, but I'm thinking :TAKARATOMY: selling Jazz separately *may* be a good thing now, since he (in japan at least) he will have no connection to the Inferno Voyager. Maybe, they instead could release Guard City? :PRAY:

I mean...if you think about it, If they are contemplating a continuation of UW...You have:

Volcanicus
Starscream Combiner
Guard City
Abominus
Elita-1 Combiner
Battle Gaia
Predaking....

If they incorporate Guard City and even Battle Gaia into the mix, these are molds they already have at their disposal to pad things out while they manufacture new ones. This would just be awesome...but all we can do is wait and see.
Defender of The Ark

Wanted:
Kreon Soccer Bumblebee

Botcon 2016 Flash Sentry
o.supreme
Godmaster

Postby Rated X » Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:24 am

Motto: ""Assumption is the mother of all screw ups.""
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
o.supreme wrote:
steals_your_goats wrote:

In this particular case, I'm guessing not very different at all

I agree. We could very well be seeing repeat of the Takara Trypticon syndrome where you are just paying for the same exact figure in a nicer box. The $65 leader class prices are especially suspect since Legends Overlord costs almost $100 on preorder. The good news is money saved. The bad news is we might not be getting the Leader figures in awesome shiny decos without the crappy grey plastic. I was planning to skip the Hasbro for those particulary. As far as the absence of the Dinobots in the preorders and the possible continuation of the unite warriors line, I would say pay close attention to Takaras deco for Slash. Whatever she gets is highly likely the other Dinobots will get. If she is chromed out, expect Diaclone Dinobots. G2 Dinobots might also be a possibility considering they are going G2 to release the Megatron mold.
Too lazy to replace photobucket...I aint paying s**t !!!
Rated X
Matrix Keeper
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 2
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+

Postby D-Maximus_Prime » Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:25 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
I agree it looks like they are splitting up the Hasbro version into a Unite Warriors 2.0 and a legends approach sort of deal
Have Transformers News? Contact us HERE!
Follow the Rewind to... the D-Max Den
D-Maximus_Prime
News Staff
News Credits: 264
Buy from D-Maximus_Prime on eBay
Alt Mode: Sleek Blade-Like Sports Car
Strength: 4
Endurance: 5
Firepower: 8

Postby RodimusRex » Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:22 pm

I would be very surprised if Rodimus isn't two-tone crimson instead of red with gray hands in Deluxe mode and a cartoon fire pattern.

I would also be very surprised if Takara uses stickers and if Optimus isn't lighter/brighter with blue hands and some extra silver paint.
RodimusRex
Fuzor

Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Power of Prime Thread

Postby JelZe GoldRabbit » Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:21 pm

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Weapon: Dual Bladed Sword
Huh, how about that. TakaraTomy keeps surprising me by bucking the trend just when you get the hang of one.

Not just with how they're handling the line, but it remains to be seen how they're handling the names as the current Legends line and Unite Warriors had both US and Japanese names. For those curious:

- Jazz: Meister
- Windcharger: Charger
- Rodimus Prime: Rodimus Convoy
- Optimus Prime: Convoy
"I have Autism and I'm proud of it!" - Myself

Top 5 Priorities:

1) BW Neo X-7 Elphaorpha
2) RiD 2001 Dreadwind & Smokejumper
3) RiD 2001 Destructicons Bludgeon & Scourge
4) Universe 2003 Night Slash Cheetor
5) BW Convobat (red) & Megalligator (purple)

If anyone has spare RiD Mini-Con armor pieces for Glacius and Beastbox, hit me up!

The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3
JelZe GoldRabbit
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 24
Endurance: 7
Courage: 6
Skill: 5

Postby Prime Target » Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:23 pm

Motto: "Accept any accept all every person counts"
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
i'm looking forward to seeing what Takara does with Windcharger, Beachcomber and both of the primes. With a few choice paint apps on the robot mode Takara could make Orion the most show accurate he's ever been barring the alt mode of course. Jazz i can easily see get repainted into Steppper please make this happen .Outside of Abominus, Volcanicus and Predaking i can't see Unite Warriors coming back keep it in your pants lads :D
Prime Target
Minibot
News Credits: 1
Watch Prime Target on YouTube
Alt Mode: Lamborghini Centenario
Intelligence: Infinity
Endurance: 4
Skill: 10+

Postby Wolfman Jake » Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:10 pm

Motto: ""A mountain with a wolf on it stands a little taller."
-Edward Hoagland"
Weapon: Retractable Mecha-Fangs
I think the most exciting thing about this announcement is that these figures will be coming within the next 6 months. It was a looooong wait when TF Legends went on hiatus in the middle of this year. It was nearly 10 months in between when Titans Return Hot Rod came out in Hasbro markets and when Takara finally put their version out. Since then, Legends releases have been slow and piecemeal by comparison to Hasbro. It made it very hard to resist buying Hasbro versions when there wasn't any knowledge of what Takara's versions would look like or even IF they would be released at all. Knowing that the Takara PotP equivalents are coming next spring, I can hold off on hunting down the Hasbro versions, at least until I can get some good comparison pictures.

As for the combiners, I do feel like it would be a good time for Takara to bring back Unite Warriors for a second round. There is plenty of ground yet to cover with classic G1 combiners and the new combiners from the Power of the Primes line, as well as the opportunity for more "EX" releases to cover repaints like Guard City and Battle Gaia.
Wolfman Jake - Spendin' the day howlin' away.
Wolfman Jake
Gestalt
Alt Mode: Wolf
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Firepower: 2

Postby Emerje » Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:24 pm

Motto: "*Shrug*"
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
It's hard to speculate on what the prices mean. Sure, they're lower than the Legends line, but that doesn't mean they'll be the same exact figures as Hasbro's. Just look at the TLK line, those ARE just repackaged Hasbro figures and even those prices aren't this low. My own theory is that these aren't the actual prices for Japan since the pre-order prices are much too low on BBTS. Instead I think these might be the Japanese discount prices and BBTS's prices may be based on an Asia retail release as an extension of UW. If these were coming directly from Japan then BBTS wouldn't price a 7,000 JPY figure for $65, they'd be closer to $85.

I'm crossing my fingers that Takara Tomy makes a Targetmaster combiner out of Artfire, Stepper, Crosshairs, Pointblank, and Sureshot. Since the last three didn't take Transtectors in the Legends comics they can easily say they had their bodies rebuilt as combiners instead. Their partners already exist in Legends so they wont need to come with them and since they're doing smaller Legends scale figures maybe they can make one that's a retool of Shockwave to go with the combined form.

Emerje
Emerje
Gestalt
News Credits: 27
Alt Mode: Lobster Moose
Strength: 9
Speed: 4
Firepower: 3
Skill: 6

Postby fenrir72 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:49 pm

Motto: "Power to the strong and the right!"
Weapon: Plasma Cannon
Amiami is gonna kill my wallet with their sales tax less prices if this keeps up in 2018! Windblade tragetmaster may be the last in the line before they transition to Legends 2.0 or is this 3.0?

BBTS prices and the rest are just space holders until the official release/SRP shows up.

My concern is that the QC improves and the plastics are more sturdy. Decos are sure to wow the beholder!
Buy Official Hb/TakaraTitancityformers at retail price or else the 3rd party makers win!

"Shelfwarming"
Btw, its been nearly a year now and TR Soundwave and Blaster aren't moving in the shelve of TRU, is that shelfwarming or what?

_ _ _ _ . ._ _ . ._. ...._ _ _. _ _ _._. ._. .. _ . . . ._ . _ . _ _ _ _ . ..... . _ ..._. . . . _ _ . _ . . _. ._ _ _ _ _ _ _ . _ _ _ _._ _ . . ._..._.. . . ._ _ _ . _ _ _ _ ._ _ _ . . . . _ _ _ .. _ _ _.. _ - _ __ _ _ _. .
fenrir72
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 60
Buy from fenrir72 on eBay
Alt Mode: Mobile Ground Fortress
Strength: 9
Endurance: 10+
Firepower: 8
Skill: 9

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:04 pm

Motto: "It's not done right if it's not done well."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Oh dear, the implications of those ID number abbreviations are quite unfortunate.

:P
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 228
Courage: 8

Postby JelZe GoldRabbit » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:40 pm

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Weapon: Dual Bladed Sword
Sabrblade wrote:Oh dear, the implications of those ID number abbreviations are quite unfortunate.

You just *now* saw that? :lol:

Still more fortunate than "STD" some other toys use...
"I have Autism and I'm proud of it!" - Myself

Top 5 Priorities:

1) BW Neo X-7 Elphaorpha
2) RiD 2001 Dreadwind & Smokejumper
3) RiD 2001 Destructicons Bludgeon & Scourge
4) Universe 2003 Night Slash Cheetor
5) BW Convobat (red) & Megalligator (purple)

If anyone has spare RiD Mini-Con armor pieces for Glacius and Beastbox, hit me up!

The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3
JelZe GoldRabbit
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 24
Endurance: 7
Courage: 6
Skill: 5

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:03 pm

Motto: "It's not done right if it's not done well."
Weapon: Saber Blade
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Oh dear, the implications of those ID number abbreviations are quite unfortunate.

You just *now* saw that? :lol:
I just *now* saw this thread, period. ;)
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 228
Courage: 8

Postby Black Hat » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:42 am

Motto: "Destroy, Devour, Desolate!"
Weapon: Chomping Rotor Blades
I got bad news, boys and girls...

Seems like the Takara versions are literally identical to the Hasbro versions, awful stickers and all. If the mainline continues like this I might give up on newer official Transformers figures. There's rumours circulating the web that Hasbro gave Takara a slap on the wrist for making the Legends figures (mostly) much better than the TR ones, and told them to make them identical to the Western releases.

If that's true then congratulations Hasbro, you dun f***ed it up.
Black Hat
Faction Commander
News Credits: 6
Alt Mode: Swarm of Locusts
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: ???
Endurance: 10+
Courage: ???
Firepower: N/A
Skill: 1

Postby Albatross250 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:48 am

Motto: "Impossible! Transformers are METAL GEARS?!"
Weapon: Heat-Seeking Incendiary Missiles
Same Prime, same Mold, Except it has no stickers whatsoever.
Still Playing Fall Of Cybertron, it's still a great sequel!
Albatross250
Targetmaster
News Credits: 17
Alt Mode: Type 74 Main Battle Tank
Endurance: ???
Courage: 5

Postby Wolfman Jake » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:52 am

Motto: ""A mountain with a wolf on it stands a little taller."
-Edward Hoagland"
Weapon: Retractable Mecha-Fangs
Black Hat wrote:I got bad news, boys and girls...

Seems like the Takara versions are literally identical to the Hasbro versions, awful stickers and all. If the mainline continues like this I might give up on newer official Transformers figures. There's rumours circulating the web that Hasbro gave Takara a slap on the wrist for making the Legends figures (mostly) much better than the TR ones, and told them to make them identical to the Western releases.

If that's true then congratulations Hasbro, you dun f***ed it up.

And we're sure these aren't just placeholder images of the "overseas" versions? That's happened MANY times before, FYI. It's usually a few months after an initial announcement that we get pictures of the actual Takara Tomy samples to be produced.
Wolfman Jake - Spendin' the day howlin' away.
Wolfman Jake
Gestalt
Alt Mode: Wolf
Strength: 6
Firepower: 2

Postby Va'al » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:20 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
Through a variety of sources, we have what may or may not be placeholder images (but probably not, given the actual finalised source) for Takara Tomy's take on the third part of the Prime Wars Trilogy toyline: Transformers Power of The Prime (the added 'the/za' is newly confirmed)! The images are found on both Amazon.co.jp and via the web page for Dengeki Hobby Magazine.

We're mirroring below what we have so far from the line, but it appears that the shift from Legends to its own line also carries a lack of differences in decoration between Hasbro and Takara Tomy's releases - at least given these initial looks. Check out the images below, spanning from PP-01 Micronus to PP-09 Optimus Prime, and let us know what you think in the Energon Pub discussion board!

Do you have Transformers news for Seibertron.com? Contact us here!

Never too late for.. The Va'ault.
Va'al
News Admin
News Credits: 190
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby kurthy » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:35 am

Motto: "Illumination through acceleration!"
Weapon: Metal Tearing Serrated Circular Blade
Is there any difference between Hasbro and Takara this time?
kurthy
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 8
Alt Mode: John Deere 6M Series Tractor
Strength: 1
Intelligence: N/A
Endurance: 4
Firepower: 1
Skill: 1

Next

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers products from AMAZON

Featured Products

Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition "Year of the Goat" Exclusive Masterpiece Soundwave by Hasbro" on AMAZON
You save: 47%
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Autobot Twinferno and Daburu" on AMAZON
You save: 36%
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Triggerhappy and Blowpipe" on AMAZON
You save: 34%
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Optimus Prime Voice Changer Helmet" on AMAZON
You save: 28%
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Voyager Class Megatron" on AMAZON
You save: 25%
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight -- Knight Armor Turbo Changer Grimlock" on AMAZON
You save: 22%
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #192 - Transformers vs. Impropriety
Twincast / Podcast #192:
"Transformers vs. Impropriety"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, January 14th, 2018
Transformers products from EBAY

Items Ending Soon