Takara Tomy Transformers Power of The Primes Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Power of The Primes Thread

Postby Black Hat » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:47 am

Motto: "Destroy, Devour, Desolate!"
Weapon: Chomping Rotor Blades
Well that sucks.
Black Hat
Faction Commander
News Credits: 6
Alt Mode: Swarm of Locusts
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: ???
Speed: 7
Endurance: 10+
Courage: ???
Firepower: N/A
Skill: 1

Postby JelZe GoldRabbit » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:55 am

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Weapon: Dual Bladed Sword
This is where expecting the worst and hoping for the best pays off. ;) Pretty interesting how all components of established combiners are released together, instead of split between waves.

I take it a merger is in order?
"I have Autism and I'm proud of it!" - Myself

Top 5 Priorities:

1) BW Neo X-7 Elphaorpha
2) RiD 2001 Dreadwind & Smokejumper
3) RiD 2001 Destructicons Bludgeon & Scourge
4) Universe 2003 Night Slash Cheetor
5) BW Convobat (red) & Megalligator (purple)

If anyone has spare RiD Mini-Con armor pieces for Glacius and Beastbox, hit me up!

The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3
JelZe GoldRabbit
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 24
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Courage: 6
Skill: 5

Postby william-james88 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:16 pm

steals_your_goats wrote:Like I said in the other potp thread the preorder prices are sightly more than jazz for the deluxe and the voyager prices are closer to that of legends line which came with different decos and accessories. Not saying this means anything but it is something to note. http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Search?HideInStock=false&HidePreorder=false&HideSoldOut=false&InventoryStatus=i%2Cp%2Cso&PageSize=50&SortOrder=New&Series=13137&Company=2

Did you compare it with the varying exchange rate changes of the past 5 months?
Is the price higher for all classes?
And could it be that BBTS has increased its prices on more popular figures in hope to offest the loss of not selling these figures due to the fact that it is now known they are the same a Hasbro's?
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 824
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby o.supreme » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:55 pm

Motto: "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes"
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:I take it a merger is in order?

Well :TAKARATOMY: has made it publically known that they are apparently not doing to well financially. The rumors of a merger with habsro previously may have been false, but I would not be surprised. I mean I know :TAKARATOMY: owns many more properties besides Transformers, but who knows.

I wonder if Takara would be willing to sell its rights to Transformers to liscense product in Japan to Hasbro? Also if the major lines (Movie Line, Generaitons Line, and mainline animated series line) are all going to be identical...does that mean

MP-41 Dinobot will be the last new Masterpiece figure?
March has a ton of EX releases including Metroplex, Grand Maximus, and Great Shot, as well as Encore God Fire Convoy...will special releases like this come to an end...?

My wallet says :DANCE: . But my spirit of fun in collecting says :(
Defender of The Ark

Wanted:
Kreon Elite Optimus Prime Canadian TRU Giveaway
TF Kreon Warriors Series 3 (Unproduced)
Kreon Soccer Bumblebee
Empty Box and packaging only UW-05 Convoy Grand Prime
Empty Box and packaging only UW-EX Lynxmaster

Botcon 2016 Build-a-figure Marvel Comics Ratchet
Botcon 2016 Build-a-figure G2 Ratchet
Botcon 2016 Build-a-figure Shattered Glass Ratchet
Botcon 2016 Build-a-figure Medix
Botcon 2016 Flash Sentry
o.supreme
Godmaster
News Credits: 11
Buy from o.supreme on eBay

Postby JelZe GoldRabbit » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:58 pm

o.supreme wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:I take it a merger is in order?

Well :TAKARATOMY: has made it publically known that they are apparently not doing to well financially. The rumors of a merger with habsro previously may have been false, but I would not be surprised. I mean I know :TAKARATOMY: owns many more properties besides Transformers, but who knows.

I wonder if Takara would be willing to sell its rights to Transformers to liscense product in Japan to Hasbro? Also if the major lines (Movie Line, Generaitons Line, and mainline animated series line) are all going to be identical...does that mean

MP-41 Dinobot will be the last new Masterpiece figure?
March has a ton of EX releases including Metroplex, Grand Maximus, and Great Shot, as well as Encore God Fire Convoy...will special releases like this come to an end...?

My wallet says :DANCE: . But my spirit of fun in collecting says :(

I meant a merger of threads... ;)

Top 5 Priorities:

1) BW Neo X-7 Elphaorpha

If anyone has spare RiD Mini-Con armor pieces for Glacius and Beastbox, hit me up!

JelZe GoldRabbit
God Of Transformers

Postby steals_your_goats » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:32 pm

Weapon: Twin Swords
william-james88 wrote:
steals_your_goats wrote:Like I said in the other potp thread the preorder prices are sightly more than jazz for the deluxe and the voyager prices are closer to that of legends line which came with different decos and accessories. Not saying this means anything but it is something to note. http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Search?HideInStock=false&HidePreorder=false&HideSoldOut=false&InventoryStatus=i%2Cp%2Cso&PageSize=50&SortOrder=New&Series=13137&Company=2

Did you compare it with the varying exchange rate changes of the past 5 months?
Is the price higher for all classes?
And could it be that BBTS has increased its prices on more popular figures in hope to offest the loss of not selling these figures due to the fact that it is now known they are the same a Hasbro's?

Exchange rates fluctuate all the time and yet that had never affected the legends line releases. Over the past year the exchange rate hasn't fluctuated by more than a few yen. All deluxe figures besides Jazz are labeled as $29 so I'm led to believe it's Takara raising the price slightly which they typically don't do without the inclusion of something extra. Prime masters are the only other size we can compare now between wave 1 and 2 and they're the same price still.
Delta Magnus wrote:This is because you are a hamhanded idiot.
steals_your_goats
Brainmaster
News Credits: 12
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Dimetrodon
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 6
Endurance: 9
Courage: 10
Firepower: 4
Skill: 7

Postby Wolfman Jake » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:21 pm

Motto: ""A mountain with a wolf on it stands a little taller."
-Edward Hoagland"
Weapon: Retractable Mecha-Fangs
As many have already said, this is not surprising, but still disappointing. Unite Warriors 2.0 would have been nice. Honestly, though, this is better for my budget, being able to buy domestically will save me a LOT of money. It'll allow me to double dip on some of the figures too, so that I can display Volcanicus and Abominus with the rest of my combiners and still have the individual team members on my "Classics" shelves as well. Now, my Takara purchases will be relegated to the Masterpiece line, which is fine. It also helps that the G1 Masterpiece releases are slowing down quite a bit, at least for the first half of 2018.

I think the only big disappointment for me so far with Power of the Primes is that Takara won't be releasing the Dinobots with red helmets for Slag and Swoop and blue eyes for all. Those small changes would have been enough for me, even if some of the other details on the dino or robot modes lean more toy accurate than cartoon accurate. At least we got Swoop with a blue chest, I guess?
Wolfman Jake - Spendin' the day howlin' away.
Wolfman Jake
Gestalt
News Credits: 4
Alt Mode: Wolf
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 10
Endurance: 8
Courage: 9
Firepower: 2
Skill: 8

Postby Moonshot » Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:13 pm

Motto: "You'll never walk alone"
Weapon: Twin Cryo-Blasters
Well we all knew this was probably coming, still lame though. I was wanting, at the very least, Hydra and Buster released by :TAKARATOMY: in Masterforce colours, names. Have to admit though that now having PotP Jazz, Beachcomber and Windcharger in hand, they are nice. Not sure if this brand global thing is going to up the paint game of :HASBRO: or just stop having the awesome decos from :TAKARATOMY: . Like I said if Jazz is any indication, I am pretty happy. Only big problems I have with him is lack of paint on his rims and taillights. Besides those two shortcomings, Jazz, Beachcomber and Windcharger all could have been :TAKARATOMY: Legends releases I think, quality/paint wise.
:RUBSIGN: Image :WRECKERS:
Moonshot
Combiner
News Credits: 2
Alt Mode: Motorcycle and Utahraptor
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 5
Endurance: 6
Courage: 7
Firepower: 8

Postby Flashwave » Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:29 pm

Motto: "Our society's downfall will not be this war. The war IS our society. That which will get us will be the little things. Some humanoid race, some tossed cannon, the little things that no one looks out for. THAT is for what we must be vigilant."
Weapon: Twin Shoulder-Mounted Rocket Launchers
Moonshot wrote:Well we all knew this was probably coming, still lame though. I was wanting, at the very least, Hydra and Buster released by :TAKARATOMY: in Masterforce colours, names. Have to admit though that now having PotP Jazz, Beachcomber and Windcharger in hand, they are nice. Not sure if this brand global thing is going to up the paint game of :HASBRO: or just stop having the awesome decos from :TAKARATOMY: . Like I said if Jazz is any indication, I am pretty happy. Only big problems I have with him is lack of paint on his rims and taillights. Besides those two shortcomings, Jazz, Beachcomber and Windcharger all could have been :TAKARATOMY: Legends releases I think, quality/paint wise.

No reason we couldnt get Buster and Hydra as a two pack exclusive
Flashwave
Faction Commander
News Credits: 5
Strength: 7
Speed: 9
Endurance: 6
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby JelZe GoldRabbit » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:50 pm

Flashwave wrote:
Moonshot wrote:Well we all knew this was probably coming, still lame though. I was wanting, at the very least, Hydra and Buster released by :TAKARATOMY: in Masterforce colours, names. Have to admit though that now having PotP Jazz, Beachcomber and Windcharger in hand, they are nice. Not sure if this brand global thing is going to up the paint game of :HASBRO: or just stop having the awesome decos from :TAKARATOMY: . Like I said if Jazz is any indication, I am pretty happy. Only big problems I have with him is lack of paint on his rims and taillights. Besides those two shortcomings, Jazz, Beachcomber and Windcharger all could have been :TAKARATOMY: Legends releases I think, quality/paint wise.

As a Legends EX release, possibly.

Top 5 Priorities:

1) BW Neo X-7 Elphaorpha

JelZe GoldRabbit
God Of Transformers

Postby Emerje » Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:44 am

Motto: "*Shrug*"
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
Sabrblade wrote:
william-james88 wrote:I know how I am spending my lunch break, gonna go visit some forums and drink some sweet fan tears.
I hear they'll be serving crow to those fans. :P

Don't underestimate the depth of my optimism! :P

JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Flashwave wrote:

Exactly. As long as Takara Tomy Mall keeps doing unexpected repaints there's a chance. And really, this is the only release that makes sense as being different from Hasbro's. What could they do with the Dinobots other than maybe make the clear parts darker and giving Slag a red head? Otherwise Hasbro has been going the cartoon rout this time around leaving not much for TT to do different.

But Hydra and Buster are so different from Hasbro's characters that it makes sense to do a special release for them. Good chance to make proper Godmasters out of them, too, with Greatshot setting a standard for the length they're willing to go.

o.supreme wrote:Well :TAKARATOMY: has made it publically known that they are apparently not doing to well financially. The rumors of a merger with habsro previously may have been false, but I would not be surprised.

It wasn't even a rumor, it was just baseless speculation made by a website all because they heard Takara Tomy lost the Pokemon license. And even that I'm not so sure about as they're still announcing new products.

But when did Takara Tomy ever publicly report financial troubles? In their most recent financial report they were predicting a better than average 2018.

But if you don't like forecasts then just check out the actual results for the first half of the 2017 fiscal year (April to September):

2017.JPG

They had a modest forecast for the period compared to last year, but they did so well they had to greatly increases their forecast and either met or exceeded all of them. Takara Tomy is very healthy financially, they aren't hurting in the least.

Emerje
Emerje
Gestalt
News Credits: 27
Alt Mode: Lobster Moose
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Courage: 10
Firepower: 3
Skill: 6

Postby ausbot » Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:25 am

Motto: "Don't want none, don't start none!"
Weapon: Battle Blades
This sucks, I was so excited about all the characters being the Japanese versions!
ausbot
Targetmaster
Strength: 10
Endurance: 5
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10

Postby Wolfman Jake » Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:45 am

Motto: ""A mountain with a wolf on it stands a little taller."
-Edward Hoagland"
Weapon: Retractable Mecha-Fangs
Emerje wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Flashwave wrote:

Exactly. As long as Takara Tomy Mall keeps doing unexpected repaints there's a chance. And really, this is the only release that makes sense as being different from Hasbro's. What could they do with the Dinobots other than maybe make the clear parts darker and giving Slag a red head? Otherwise Hasbro has been going the cartoon rout this time around leaving not much for TT to do different.

Emerje

Hasbro's paint jobs for their Legends and Deluxe class assortments so far have been fantastic. Jazz is a stand out, for sure. So much of the top of his alt mode is painted clear plastic. Dreadwind too has lots of great paint apps that really highlight just how much retooling was done to create him from the Skydive mold. Beachcomber actually does have painted rims, so fancy that!

We know that Hasbro won't shy away from premium decos either for special releases, like the Titans Return box sets and Arcee and Grotosque exclusives. The weak point right now seems to be the bigger size classes (Voyager and Leader) leaning on those damned stickers. Honestly, I would rather have a price hike on those figures if it meant paint instead of stickers.
Wolfman Jake - Spendin' the day howlin' away.
Wolfman Jake
Gestalt
News Credits: 4
Alt Mode: Wolf
Strength: 6
Firepower: 2

Postby kurthy » Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:01 am

Motto: "Illumination through acceleration!"
Weapon: Metal Tearing Serrated Circular Blade
Wolfman Jake wrote:
Emerje wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Flashwave wrote:

Emerje

Hasbro's paint jobs for their Legends and Deluxe class assortments so far have been fantastic. Jazz is a stand out, for sure. So much of the top of his alt mode is painted clear plastic. Dreadwind too has lots of great paint apps that really highlight just how much retooling was done to create him from the Skydive mold. Beachcomber actually does have painted rims, so fancy that!

We know that Hasbro won't shy away from premium decos either for special releases, like the Titans Return box sets and Arcee and Grotosque exclusives. The weak point right now seems to be the bigger size classes (Voyager and Leader) leaning on those damned stickers. Honestly, I would rather have a price hike on those figures if it meant paint instead of stickers.

Factory-applied cheap stickers are my least favorite form of deco. Sadly, it only ranks slightly behind self-applied good stickers for me.
kurthy
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 8
Alt Mode: John Deere 6M Series Tractor
Strength: 1
Intelligence: N/A
Endurance: 4
Firepower: 1
Skill: 1

Previous

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers products from AMAZON

Featured Products

Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Strongarm Figure" on AMAZON
You save: 53%
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Mega 1-Step Turbo Changer Dragonstorm" on AMAZON
You save: 49%
Buy "Transformers Generations Voyager Class Roadbuster Figure" on AMAZON
You save: 40%
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Autobot Twinferno and Daburu" on AMAZON
You save: 36%
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Sergeant Kup and Flintlock" on AMAZON
You save: 26%
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Voyager Class Megatron" on AMAZON
You save: 25%
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #192 - Transformers vs. Impropriety
Twincast / Podcast #192:
"Transformers vs. Impropriety"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, January 14th, 2018
Transformers products from EBAY

Items Ending Soon