This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Twincast / Podcast Episode #191 "Champagne Wishes and Energon Dreams"

There is more to Transformers than movies, cartoons, comics and toys. Discuss anything else Transformers here.

Twincast / Podcast Episode #191 "Champagne Wishes and Energon Dreams"

Postby ScottyP » Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:22 pm

Weapon: Battle Blades
Welcome to the latest Seibertron.com Twincast / Podcast episode, with this installment featuring our annual look back at the year that was. While 2017 still has about a week left to yield to the inevitable entropy that will consume us all, Scotty P, Seibertron, and Mr. Starscream chat about the past twelve months in the mean time.

Episode #191 "Champagne Wishes and Energon Dreams" is available directly and in our RSS Feed, and should appear on iTunes, Google Play, and Stitcher Radio within 24 to 48 hours of when you see this news post.

The latest Power of the Primes figures are appearing more frequently by the day, and the Voyagers in particular are now in the hands of some of the Twincast crew. A long and winding discussion about Starscream and Grimlock goes through the strengths and weaknesses of the figures in detail. Additionally, we ask the important question about accessories and the lack thereof. Would Grimlock have been almost perfect with a sword, gun, and no combination gimmick to worry about?

Someone learned photo angles on Myspace.com

While we keep dodging our year end retrospective, we take a look at the just released Till All Are One Annual. This one-shot series wrap up takes the tale of Windblade, Starscream, Elita One, Rattrap, Ironhide, the Combaticons, and many more into an unexpected future. A look awaits at what kinds of consequences the events from the issue could have on the IDW Transformers universe. One conclusion gained from all the discussion is clear, and that's how TAAO's Annual delivers one of the best Starscream stories you'll ever read.

Maybe he needs that good luck necklace

Our 2017 "Best Of" categories and topics kick off with a look at our favorites in the ever popular Transformers Generations lineup, comprised this year of Titans Return and a little bit of Power of the Primes. While there's certainly no consensus, some of the stand outs are also pretty clear, at least to us! Don't forget to let us know if you agree or if we left a piece out due to our diode blowin' dim wittery by replying to this news post.

Planet Micro is doomed!

What was your favorite part of The Last Knight? Maybe you love violence against fish, maybe there's a certain action scene you found especially exciting, maybe shirtless Wahlburgers are your thing. Whatever it is, this is the judgment free zone unlike that one gym, so the Twincast talks about what they actually liked out of a generally maligned piece of cinema. After that, we consider how Movie based Transformers toy lines just feel a little different, and this premise leads to our "Most Movie-y Movie Figure" category. Learn what figures embodied the spirit of explosions, sweat, and Miami Beach, FL more than any others for us this year.

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times.

Every year, there's That One Thing You Didn't Get Around To But Would Like To in the vast world of Transformers. The cast talks about the missed opportunities of the year, ranging from toys not yet bought to shows not yet watched. Try as we might sometimes, there's no way to experience every part of the huge world of Transformers, so see if you caught up on some of the experiences that we might not have yet!

Five of you watched this

Going in a different direction, we think about who the "Character Stock Market Winner" of 2017 could be. What long-standing Transformers character, or at least medium-term-standing character, had the best year? Maybe it was due to extra attention in various media or a new toy. Maybe for some of the crew, it was for other reasons entirely. One thing is for certain, and that's that Star Wars is forbidden.

Almost there

Given the serial nature of IDW's Transformers works, sometimes the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. This category is not for those cases. Instead, we talk about our favorite single issue of the entire year and why it was so effective with just 20 pages. With time going long, we don't get into the arcs and series that we encountered in too much detail, but listen in to find out what issues might be worth sampling to get a taste of the stories encountered in this year's Transformers comics.

No you're crying

We at least reach our picks for the best Transformers thing ever for 2017 - the hands down, best, most memorable, absolute favorite Transformers thing from this year for the cast members. Toys end up taking over due to a pair of choice Masterpiece figures that we still can't manage to agree on. Anything goes, except third party stuff, as we find out if ladder magic can manage to overcome the forces that waited an eternity for this.

One magical ride

Despite all the cool stuff that gets discussed, there are always the less-than-favorite parts of the hobby that are encountered. We take some time out to think about the bad stuff, whether that was a disappointing toy, terrible movie, or something else entirely. Yours truly also hands out the completely unexpected Second Annual Brian Ravage Memorial Trophy Prize Lucky Draw Award, and you'll never guess who wins! Actually, you will. It's... only human.

Coming never to a shelf near you!

Our last topic, or at least part of one, is for predictions. Each attending cast participant makes one layup, softball of a prediction for something realistic that we think will happen in 2018 for the Transformers. After those very super obvious jokes of predictions, we get into the realm of Wishful Thinking, a Seibertron.com speciality. Things there get outlandish but fun, and you never know what just might come true.

You make 100% of the shots you lie about taking.

Moreso than any other Twincast episode, we hope this one is a conversation starter - especially with that trainwreck of an ending! Join us on the Energon Pub Forums to discuss this episode, and be sure to look out for the written look back from the entire staff in the near future.

From the Twincast Podcast team to all of our listeners out there, Happy Holidays, Happy New Year, and get ready for The Road to 200!

| Love us? Hate us? Extra Super Love us? Drop us a review on iTunes. |
| Want to keep the discussion going? You can do so by simply replying to this post! |
| Got a question for the Twincast? Ask the Twincast. |
Listen to me ramble about robots on the Seibertron.com Twincast / Podcast
ScottyP
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 638
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #191 "Champagne Wishes and Energon Dreams"

Postby RodimusConvoy13 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:28 am

Motto: "Well, when I see five weirdos dressed in togas, stabbing a man in the middle of the park in full view of a hundred people, I shoot the bastards! That's MY policy!"
Weapon: Photon Blaster
I wish I could have been on this episode, but my boy spent the day throwing up. :SICK: Luckily he was feeling better in time for Christmas.
"One of them even took the time to smear, “Fans are TeH SUCK!!!” in poop all over my windshield!"

Counterpunch
RodimusConvoy13
Gestalt
News Credits: 194
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 6
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

Postby Va'al » Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:33 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
I will listen to thiiiis - been catching up on work, and I can't podcast and translate at same time, but it's ready to go on my laptop AND my phone. :D
Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby Flashwave » Sat Dec 30, 2017 2:16 am

Motto: "Our society's downfall will not be this war. The war IS our society. That which will get us will be the little things. Some humanoid race, some tossed cannon, the little things that no one looks out for. THAT is for what we must be vigilant."
Weapon: Twin Shoulder-Mounted Rocket Launchers
Shew! I felt so bad about not listening to this sooner, turns out I am not the only one who has sluffed off.

*Sees the Google Play timestamp...*
2 hours, 50 minutes, and 33 seconds
shhhhhhiiiiiiii-ooootttt you guys were wordy this time.

I dunno, I still like the PotP Dinobots. I could go for Bigger, but I like them. Maybe I am the only one though...

On Storage I have the whole totes and ziplock baggy thing going, but I have not yet been smart enough to organize by toylines.

As of the 29th, the Transformers episode is not on Netflix yet. Star Wars, barbie, he-man, and GI Joe, but no Transformers. Are they releasing on a weekly basis?

Scotty: I think you hit the nail on the head on the gimmick pf PoTP; there's enough different gimmick that they almost have been better served by not trying to force a unifying gimmick and just done a Generations take of "Okay these guys are combiners; these guys are more Headmasters; some of them do this, some of them do that, etc."

Seibs: yes and yes. We're getting these Dinobots so that Hasbro can get the mileage out of the molds again with the Terrorcons. Grimlock may be a one-off, since HunGrr is a clone/rebuild/retool of the original Silverbolt mold.

There was a Til all are one annual?

----
Love Overlord. Simple toy to play with and transform but very satifying. I do wish the Prmime MAster matrixes could fit in the chest compartment but oh well.

its funny, I think a lot of these "Second Use first" figures ended up winning me over more than the intended use. I almost like Sentinel Prime and Megatron as much or more than Astrotrain and Blitzwing, even though those are the characters I wanted the molds for.

Wish I had Trypticon, but thats far more figure than I can display and justify

Grotusque WAS fun. It was nice to be surprised and yes, they did a great job with making him different from Doublecross.

*Finished reading the TAAO Annual* Ooh! I liked that. Kinda tired of still using Windblade, but that was a good story. I feel bad for the Combaticons, after all they went through, being mnemnosurgeon'd, Brawl's little sparkfelt moment. I guess its the only natural place to send them though.
Anyway.

Seibs, we got Repugnus. But yes, I want a bigger toy than the titan dude.

You know what, we hear from the nostalgia guys most often, but I hope the Bumblebee Movie doesn't pander to the nostalgia. It needs to blaze its own trail and do its own thing. homages are great, lets use whats come before as a guide, but it needs to be new, or at least fresh, or it doesn't win in a sustainable new audience.

I like the puzzle of trying to figure it out on my own, but I don't end up needing them for most figures anyway unless I am concerned about stressing a joint.

I liked Squeeks' figure, but yes, that character was useless. To me, the toy does some neat stuff to transform and I like the incorporated battle trailer rocketpack. But the robot mode of the figure itself gets a little bit of a pass because it has to be faithful to a piece of scrap. Were there a better source material to comapare it to that figure might not rank as high. You know what I wanted out of Squeeks though? Something closer to the Human Alliance scale.

I have 0 interest in buying human figures for Transformers. With a couple of cross-fandom exceptions.

You know, I think I can agree with you, Scotty on Windblade. I am kinda tired of her being in everything, buty I did like her RID character. And the Titans Return figure is awesome. z

In regards to the whole KO thing: I bet there is an unwritten rule or something in a contract where Hasbro can't actually dictate what Amazon sells, and Amazon isn't going to meddle in its seller-clientele base. If the figures were trying to pretend that they were 100% official product, then thats cause for alarm, but if the listing says "KO Product", then its not trying to hide anything and its on the buyer now. The Seller has technically diclosed that what they are selling is not the original, so its the buyer's fault. And Amazon doesn't care about property copyrights; they are not a court. For that matter, neither is Hasbro. If Hasbro wants to file an, I don't know if this is the right word, but an injunction, it needs to be directed first towards the company producing, and THEN at Amazon. But Amazon is not the original source for the product, so if Hasbro cuts them off, its still being sold someplace else anyway.

Walmart markes stuff up before a sale all the time...

Scotty: So if I do the GLobal Shipping on Ebay as a seller, and package somethign the right way in cardboard and wth packing, is Ebay opening MY box, taking the item out, and REpackaging it?
Flashwave
City Commander
News Credits: 8
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 9
Endurance: 6
Courage: 9
Skill: 9

Postby ScottyP » Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:13 pm

^ I'm not entirely sure how the GSP works, but I can't imagine someone willingly packing up toys the way some of them have gotten to me that went through that. It's also insanely expensive and uses Worldnet, who then passes stuff to USPS as the last mile carrier. This makes the tracking super uninformative along the way!

Funny you mention human figures again, I always thought it'd be fun to have a figure of Stella from Linkage (with clothes on, thanks!) Haven't really been able to find an anime figure to repurpose for it like I thought might be possible.
ScottyP
Guardian Of Seibertron
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Postby Flashwave » Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:08 pm

Motto: "Our society's downfall will not be this war. The war IS our society. That which will get us will be the little things. Some humanoid race, some tossed cannon, the little things that no one looks out for. THAT is for what we must be vigilant."
Weapon: Twin Shoulder-Mounted Rocket Launchers
ScottyP wrote:^ I'm not entirely sure how the GSP works, but I can't imagine someone willingly packing up toys the way some of them have gotten to me that went through that. It's also insanely expensive and uses Worldnet, who then passes stuff to USPS as the last mile carrier. This makes the tracking super uninformative along the way!

Funny you mention human figures again, I always thought it'd be fun to have a figure of Stella from Linkage (with clothes on, thanks!) Haven't really been able to find an anime figure to repurpose for it like I thought might be possible.

I ordered a Japan RID Grimlock through Amazon and it got lost in the mail. The replacement I got was shipped, From Japan, in a single thickness sheet of bubblewrap. And not even the big bubbles. That scares me about the items I've shipped by GSP.

The only human figures in my collection, aside from the Human Alliance stuff, are some of the 2.75" figures that came out with the second Avengers Movie. The human figures are a tad big, but the Iron man, War Machine, Ultron, Hulk, and Hulkbuster scale pretty nicely with Deluxe and Voyager figures. And I have some British-brand Lego Daleks running around too because reasons. But I can see how fans of series might want decent action figures of beloved characters. The Armada kids and Stella could be interesting to put on a Minicon display
Flashwave
City Commander
News Credits: 8
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 9
Endurance: 6
Courage: 9
Skill: 9

Postby Va'al » Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:48 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
I am, as promised, listening to this (currently on 1:46:11), and I really like the format of the three on the recording I have to say! I do miss the whole cast, but you three really bounced off each other well, and the derailments are not unwelcome at all. :D

--

The TAAO series and annual are excellent, everyone should go read them.
Listening to Scotty talk about OP#9 was beautiful, I'm looking forward to reading that again in the YIR article. :)

--

Scotty's answer to the character coming into their own was going to be mine just as he gave it, so I'm glad we agree on this despite him being entirely wrong about Lost Light 10-11-12. :-P

Till All Are One, for the record: till and 'til are both entirely correct, the latter being the truncation of until, the former being its own word-spelling. Source.

EDIT additions: Box art is indeed done by artists Marcelo Matere, Emiliano Santalucia, and others - but Volta, which is headed by Sara Pitre Durocher, does the colouring on pretty much all of them! Not the art, "just" the colours! http://www.volta.ca/
Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby ScottyP » Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:01 am

Va'al wrote:Till All Are One, for the record: till and 'til are both entirely correct, the latter being the truncation of until, the former being its own word-spelling. Source.
Good stuff, I've now learned something today :) I knew till was an actual word, just thought it was a noun referring to a cash drawer in a store and nothing else. I'll probably remember this well now, usually facts that overwrite previously incorrect facts in my head stick around!
ScottyP
Guardian Of Seibertron
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Return to Transformers General Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #6 1st ptg Marvel Comics 1985 (CA) Kupperberg 230915U"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE YEARBOOK #4 Marvel Comics 1988 (CA) Trimpe (W) Hama 220721C"
GI JOE YEARBOOK #4 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #33 Marvel Comics 1987 (W) Parkhouse (CA) Vess 231222T"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #9 1st ptg Marvel Comics 1985 (CA) Manley (W) Budiansky 230926A"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #1 1st ptg Marvel Comics 1984 (CA) Sienkiewicz 230915Y"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #31 Marvel Comics 1987 (W/A) Budiansky (A) Perlin 231222K"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #303 2nd ptg Image Comics 2024 0124IM859 (CA) Edgar"
NEW!
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #298 Cvr B IDW Comics 2022 JUL221613 298B (CA)Sullivan"
NEW!
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #1 One-Shot Cvr A Image Comics 2023 Hama cut 221208C"
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE ORDER OF BATTLE #3 Marvel Comics 1987 (CA) Trimpe (W) Hama 220721B"
GI JOE ORDER OF BA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #8 1st ptg Marvel Comics 1985 (CA) Bright (W) Budiansky 230915Z"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE ORDER OF BATTLE #3 Marvel Comics 1987 (CA) Trimpe (W) Hama 220721A"
GI JOE ORDER OF BA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #13 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 231010E"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #10 Marvel Comics 1985 (CA) Baker (W) Budiansky 210422C"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Battleslash" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Voyager Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Misfire and Aimless" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Punch-Counterpunch and Prima Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Sinnertwin" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Swoop" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titan Masters Fangry Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Sergeant Kup and Flintlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Brawn" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titan Class Metroplex with Autobot Scamper Figure" on AMAZON