Wizards of the Coast Transformers Trading Card Game Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Wizards of the Coast Transformers Trading Card Game Has Ended

Postby ScottyP » Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:33 am

Weapon: Battle Blades
Fans of the Transformers Trading Card Game from Wizards of the Coast have bad news to wake up to this Monday morning, as a post on the game's official website reveals that the recently released Titan Masters Attack wave was the game's last. To put it another way while borrowing a classic "Furmanism", the Transformers TCG is over - finished! The text of the news release and the accompanying image posted on the game's Facebook page may be seen below.

TITAN MASTERS ATTACK IS THE TRANSFORMERS TCG FINAL RELEASE
For over two years, Wizards of the Coast has worked to create a great action TCG brand with the Transformers TCG. While the retailer and player community continued to grow, our product offerings didn’t meet the expectations of the broader fan base to engage further with the brand. Additionally, the current global situation posed by the COVID-19 pandemic presented additional hurdles. As such, Titan Masters Attack released on May 29, is the game’s final TCG release.

We are informing our players and retailers so they can make the best decisions regarding event participation and product ordering. The Transformers TCG team wishes to recognize the tremendous effort that fans and retailers put into building a great community.

“The Transformers TCG was truly a labor of love for the Wizards team, and we saw that enthusiasm and love echoed by players across the world,” said Drew Nolosco, Wizards of the Coast Global Brand Manager. “We are grateful to our fans, content creators, retailers, and distributors for the enthusiasm they brought to the game. The greater Transformers TCG fan community is perhaps the best TCG community I’ve had the privilege of working with.”

‘Til all are one.

To editorialize for a moment, as a collector of the product that appreciated the art and generally enjoys trading cards on their own, I'll be a little sad to see it go. While I wasn't active in actually playing the game, those that were tell me it was a really great and well crafted game. It seems anything that isn't toys has a hard time making headway with us Transformers fans, but that's just what I think, let us know what you think by replying to this post on our Energon Pub Forums.
ScottyP
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 547
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Re: Wizards of the Coast Transformers Trading Card Game Thread

Postby Shockblast7 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:14 am

Motto: "Credits cant buy happiness, but it does buy grenades."
Weapon: Lock-Target, Long-Range Laser Cannons
Well thats a shame. im just hoping I can use the "NO, You're Dead! I saw you die!" for this game
Shockblast7
Mini-Con
Alt Mode: Jet

Postby -Kanrabat- » Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:18 am

Motto: "Love it? GET IT!
It's that simple."
Weapon: Mace
If no one buy and no one play, a TCG have no choice but to die. A bit sad for the few players though.

I remember the Sailor Moon TCG that I used to play and paid a few hundreds of dollars for... It only lasted 2 expansions and I played only with 3 other friends at the time. I still have the cards to this day.
Come see my latest creation:

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 23
Buy from -Kanrabat- on eBay
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Postby TulioDude » Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:23 am

Motto: "Never doubt the awesomess."
Weapon: Energo-Sword
I didn't personally collected those cards,but I share my condolances for those who did.It's sad to see it go.
It would been neat to see the game progress to a point where they could create orginal art for the cards.

I didn't study this game rules throughly,so correct me if I am wrong,but this game plays just like Magic the Gathering or it's different?
Silverwing wrote:Also, I feel compelled to give the obligatory: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay:
One for each year of the Movieverse's decade strong tenure. Here's to a few more explosive years!

Here is my DeviantArt page and my Tumblr blog.
TulioDude
Godmaster
News Credits: 3
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Endurance: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 8
Skill: 7

Postby Immortal Starscream » Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:52 am

I never got to play the game sadly, but I have been picking up the cards. the artwork and styling of the cards has been great. I can see that the game would be fun though, I have just never had anyone in my area interested in playing. Yet another transformers franchise cancelled before it's time.

Goodnight, sweet prince, we hardly knew ye.
Immortal Starscream
Transmetal Warrior
News Credits: 15

Postby ZeroWolf » Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:41 am

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
TulioDude wrote:I didn't personally collected those cards,but I share my condolances for those who did.It's sad to see it go.
It would been neat to see the game progress to a point where they could create orginal art for the cards.

I didn't study this game rules throughly,so correct me if I am wrong,but this game plays just like Magic the Gathering or it's different?

It had it's own rules so played completely different and also did have original art in places (like for example, a lot of character art for the mercenary faction)
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Staff
News Credits: 683

Postby TheForgottenTaxi » Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:04 am

As a massive TCG fan, I'd like to hope that WotC/Hasbro will take another crack at this someday. While you can tell they put effort into the game, and I know some people loved it, I didn't personally enjoy the gameplay.
I have feelings about robots. They are mostly here. -> https://isgardtheterrible.wixsite.com/rankingrobots
TheForgottenTaxi
Micromaster

Postby PerfectVision » Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:35 am

The TM are good only with Sideswipe or Quake,sorry.
Chrome-Gears7 or 8-Chromia7 or sides
Quake and two allies,one with Doom
W-PO-P-P-W-PO-P-P-W-B-B-B-B

Compared to the allmighty espionage,the hold alternerned with the speedT is good if your characters get stronger from trap(Turboboard is the partner for the Opatrol).Or maybe they just forgot its existence :lol:
PerfectVision
Minibot

Postby sol magnus » Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:35 am

Motto: "This is the most beautiful thing in the entire universe. Ok, give me the bomb."
Weapon: Laser Rifle
I had been buying a ton of cards so that when things opened up again I could go out and learn how to play the game. I was unable to obtain a starter, so I don't have the rules to teach myself. It's kind of sad, but I'll probably play what I have with my son once I secondary a starter set.
'Til All Are One.
sol magnus
Headmaster
News Credits: 2
Strength: 10
Speed: 6
Courage: 10
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby sideswipe6520 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 3:14 pm

Well, it didn't help that after Combiner Wars the major retailers essentially quit carrying the game. My Target got some of wave 3 but then discontinued carrying after that. There are a number of players in my area and the only place to buy boxes locally was across town and they were usually sold out before I could ever get out there.
sideswipe6520
Micromaster
News Credits: 1

Postby ScottyP » Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:03 pm

TulioDude wrote:It would been neat to see the game progress to a point where they could create orginal art for the cards.
They have been for the battle cards for three waves. Bummer for the artists - who are mostly Transformers comics artists as well - as that's another lost income opportunity for them.

TheForgottenTaxi wrote:As a massive TCG fan, I'd like to hope that WotC/Hasbro will take another crack at this someday. While you can tell they put effort into the game, and I know some people loved it, I didn't personally enjoy the gameplay.
As someone not in to TCGs that gave it an honest (though admittedly not my best) effort, it grew too complex too soon. Siege I was my limit, the last few games I played I couldn't even keep below the star cost and still got beaten handily. The most recent Strategems and Titan Masters were another layer of "what is even happening" to keep up with. Basically, as a total TCG noob the learning curve accelerated fast, kept throwing in new complexities at every turn, and it just became mentally taxing to keep up with it. Obviously you want to have new things so experienced players don't get bored, it was just too much. Has to be a happy medium somewhere.
ScottyP
Guardian Of Seibertron
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Postby ZeldaTheSwordsman » Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:41 pm

Motto: "Why are Beast Hunters Ultimate/Dragon Attack Optimus' sword and shield so hard to find?"
Sounds like Hasbro tried to give it all the complexities Duel Monsters and MTG developed... in about a tenth of the timespan
WANT:
HFTD Starscream clay head impression
Energon Optimus super mode hat
Cyb Megs missile
Optimus Primal missiles, left back panel, mask
CW Dead End/Offroad HFG, Breakdown HFG
Armada Thundercracker missile
Armada Optimus front left trailer strut, cheekguards
ROTF Jetfire right "JTFR" Panel
BH Ult. Optimus Sword
RID Ultra Magnus missiles
Vector Prime Cyber Key
Armada Jolt, Thunderclash, Clench
RID Galvatron foot/dragon head, smol beast arms, 1x launcher/sword hilt
ZeldaTheSwordsman
Faction Commander
Alt Mode: someone who doesnt suck

Postby chuckdawg1999 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:17 pm

Motto: "The man, the myth, the legend... yeah right."
Weapon: Saber Blade
I was initially excited but when I found out there wasn't a single player option, and that they were treating some cards as rare/limited/chase, my interest waned quickly. The complexity didn't help either.
chuckdawg1999
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 241
Watch chuckdawg1999 on YouTube
Buy from chuckdawg1999 on eBay
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Postby #Sideways# » Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:23 pm

Motto: "Wake up. Wake up and smell the ashes."
Weapon: Dual Compression Cannons
I'm crushed. I played my heart out in this game, and I even got 3rd at Origins and 32nd at the Energon Invitational (world championship). I even joined a competitive team exactly a week ago!

And just like that it's just... Gone.

I'm really distraught.
Check out my YouTube for my Transformers Trading Card Game lists, gameplay and general thoughts on the game!
#Sideways#
Godmaster
News Credits: 62
Watch #Sideways# on YouTube
Alt Mode: Motorcycle
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 9
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: 7

Postby TulioDude » Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:59 pm

Motto: "Never doubt the awesomess."
Weapon: Energo-Sword
ZeroWolf wrote:It had it's own rules so played completely different and also did have original art in places (like for example, a lot of character art for the mercenary faction)

ScottyP wrote:They have been for the battle cards for three waves. Bummer for the artists - who are mostly Transformers comics artists as well - as that's another lost income opportunity for them.

I looked for images of some of those cards arts and I must say,they look pretty neat.I hope they preserve those arts for the future.
Last edited by TulioDude on Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Silverwing wrote:Also, I feel compelled to give the obligatory: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay:
One for each year of the Movieverse's decade strong tenure. Here's to a few more explosive years!

Here is my DeviantArt page and my Tumblr blog.
TulioDude
Godmaster
News Credits: 3
Strength: 9
Speed: 5
Courage: 8
Firepower: 8

Postby ZeldaTheSwordsman » Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:00 pm

Motto: "Why are Beast Hunters Ultimate/Dragon Attack Optimus' sword and shield so hard to find?"
Well, it's not like they'll come to people's houses and rip up your cards, so you can at least still play with what you've got.
WANT:
HFTD Starscream clay head impression
Energon Optimus super mode hat
Cyb Megs missile
Optimus Primal missiles, left back panel, mask
CW Dead End/Offroad HFG, Breakdown HFG
Armada Thundercracker missile
Armada Optimus front left trailer strut, cheekguards
ROTF Jetfire right "JTFR" Panel
BH Ult. Optimus Sword
RID Ultra Magnus missiles
Vector Prime Cyber Key
Armada Jolt, Thunderclash, Clench
RID Galvatron foot/dragon head, smol beast arms, 1x launcher/sword hilt
ZeldaTheSwordsman
Faction Commander
Alt Mode: someone who doesnt suck

Postby ScottyP » Tue Jul 21, 2020 7:22 am

ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:Well, it's not like they'll come to people's houses and rip up your cards, so you can at least still play with what you've got.
These games thrive on communities and no new product almost definitely puts the first stake in the coffin of any that formed surrounding this game. Or maybe the pandemic was the first and this is the second. Point is, everyone knows they can still enjoy what they have but there's an intrinsic consequence to news of the game ending and it's not a positive one for its fans.

#Sideways# wrote:I'm crushed. I played my heart out in this game, and I even got 3rd at Origins and 32nd at the Energon Invitational (world championship). I even joined a competitive team exactly a week ago!

And just like that it's just... Gone.

I'm really distraught.
Thought about you and the vs.info folks when this dropped. Really hate this for y'all, I know the time and effort you invested was no joke.
ScottyP
Guardian Of Seibertron
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Postby ZeroWolf » Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:29 am

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
What's worse as well that it'll make people more hesitant to support a card game if there's another attempt in the future.
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Staff
News Credits: 683

Postby #Sideways# » Tue Jul 21, 2020 3:03 pm

Motto: "Wake up. Wake up and smell the ashes."
Weapon: Dual Compression Cannons
ScottyP wrote:Thought about you and the vs.info folks when this dropped. Really hate this for y'all, I know the time and effort you invested was no joke.

It's been hitting the community pretty hard. People started petitions, they've been calling WOTC directly, it's heartbreaking. The VSi guys have started up a Player Committee to run the game, but I don't think it'll garner much attention from WOTC, at least.

Like Zero said, I wager that it'll make people more hesitant to get into another TFTCG when it eventually does come out. I mean, DBS still suffers from that thought pattern!

But yeah, I guess things aren't special because they last forever.
Check out my YouTube for my Transformers Trading Card Game lists, gameplay and general thoughts on the game!
#Sideways#
Godmaster
News Credits: 62
Watch #Sideways# on YouTube
Alt Mode: Motorcycle
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 9
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: 7

Previous

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Voyager Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Energon Igniters Nitro Bumblebee Action Figure - Included Core Powers Driving Action - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 7-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 08 Leader Class Movie 1 Decepticon Blackout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Repugnus, Dastard, and Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece MP-21 Bumble Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Protectobot Blades Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers B1798AS0 Warpath Figure Combiner Wars" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Legion Autobot Twinferno" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #259 - Podcast Convoy
Twincast / Podcast #259:
"Podcast Convoy"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, September 13th, 2020

New Items on eBay

Buy "Spinister Sealed figure Transformers Siege War For Cybertron Trilogy Hasbro RARE" on EBAY
Buy "??? NIB TRANSFORMERS TAKARA TOYS SIEGE WAR FOR CYBERTRON SPINISTER WFC-S48 ???" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege SPINISTER Complete 2020 War For Cybertron Trilogy" on EBAY
Buy "Cliffjumper Autobot Allspark Power Deluxe Movie 2007 Hasbro Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "Vintage Transformers Board Game Defeat the Decepticons Adventure Optimus Prime" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Armada Mini-Con Adventure Team NEW Ransack Dune Runner Iceberg" on EBAY
Buy "NETFLIX War for Cybertron Transformers Generations Scrapface Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 65 Bumblebee Movie Voyager Class Blitzwing  NIB" on EBAY