This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers Bumblebee Movie Toys Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Transformers Bumblebee Movie Toys Thread

Postby Octobotimus » Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:56 pm

Motto: "When Life gives you oranges, you make lemonade!"
Weapon: Solar-Powered Vibro-Cannons
Still, no interest in the upscale aoe prime, might grab that bee though.
Octobotimus
Minibot
News Credits: 1
Buy from Octobotimus on eBay
Alt Mode: attack helicopter
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 4
Endurance: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 8

Postby o.supreme » Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:46 am

Motto: "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes"
So I finally got the 3 Soundwave Minions set with BB. I agree I like the look of the new Buzzsaw. Initially I thought it was going to be exactly the same as the CW one, and planned on selling it. But now I want to keep it.

Problem is...Now I have 3 birds...all that look unique, but 2 have the same name. This could have been a simple fix...

1. Give it a Bluish color and call it Garboil
2. Give us the Autobot Blue Cassette (Eject)
3. Give it a new unique name...

I was looking through fiction and trying to find if there were any other bird cassettes that would fit it's look, and wasn't able to come up with anything... Sorry I know its a nitpick, but as unique as these guys are, I still don't want to have two Buzzsaw's, and naming one of them something different would go a long way to satisfying my desire to keep them both.
Bucket/Want List: Botcon 2016 Customization Class Ratchet (G2 Deco), or Customization Class Ratchet (Marvel Comics Deco) **would also be willing to pay for an Unpainted Botcon 2016 Ratchet, TT Legends Fortress Head (only) with working Electronics

Wish List of Modern Combiners: Road Caesar, Monstructor & Dinoking (proper size to fiction), Landcross, Guard City, Battle Gaia, & G2 Defensor. Wish List of Titans:Metrotitan,Majin Zarak
o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 55
Watch o.supreme on YouTube
Buy from o.supreme on eBay

Postby TF-fan kev777 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:07 am

o.supreme wrote:So I finally got the 3 Soundwave Minions set with BB. I agree I like the look of the new Buzzsaw. Initially I thought it was going to be exactly the same as the CW one, and planned on selling it. But now I want to keep it.

Problem is...Now I have 3 birds...all that look unique, but 2 have the same name. This could have been a simple fix...

1. Give it a Bluish color and call it Garboil
2. Give us the Autobot Blue Cassette (Eject)
3. Give it a new unique name...

I was looking through fiction and trying to find if there were any other bird cassettes that would fit it's look, and wasn't able to come up with anything... Sorry I know its a nitpick, but as unique as these guys are, I still don't want to have two Buzzsaw's, and naming one of them something different would go a long way to satisfying my desire to keep them both.

Why does Hasbro have to fix it for you, why not just come up with your own new name and/or headcanon for the CW Buzzsaw? Myself, I'm on the fence between calling TR Buzzsaw Sundor from before he switched sides (yellow is close enough to orange for me), or re-purposing the JG1 name Condor for TR Lazerbeak as a generic bird minion for Soundwave.

I do go the generic rout often with characters that have multiple figures, gives you plenty of cannon fodder for the battles. Don't kill off Buzzsaw when you could easily kill off Condor instead.
TF-fan kev777
City Commander
News Credits: 42
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 10
Courage: 9
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Postby o.supreme » Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:22 am

I was just looking for suggestions that's all. I was just disappointed. Hasbro had so many better options, rather than go the completely illogical route to give us a character we already have, but redecoed for no apparent reason.
Bucket/Want List: Botcon 2016 Customization Class Ratchet (G2 Deco), or Customization Class Ratchet (Marvel Comics Deco) **would also be willing to pay for an Unpainted Botcon 2016 Ratchet, TT Legends Fortress Head (only) with working Electronics

Wish List of Modern Combiners: Road Caesar, Monstructor & Dinoking (proper size to fiction), Landcross, Guard City, Battle Gaia, & G2 Defensor. Wish List of Titans:Metrotitan,Majin Zarak
o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby TF-fan kev777 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:44 am

o.supreme wrote:I was just looking for suggestions that's all. I was just disappointed. Hasbro had so many better options, rather than go the completely illogical route to give us a character we already have, but redecoed for no apparent reason.

Got it, but I actually do see some logic to including Buzzsaw again. I'm assuming for a selection like this, they wanted to use all 3 molds so Eject was out. I think they likely included a redeco of Buzzsaw since he was the "oldest" of the TR style tablets released back in CW as a way to allow anyone who jumped in during TR to obtain a version of him. Combine that with Howlback already being a fairly obscure character, I'm guessing they wanted to use as many familiar names as possible. We're probably pretty lucky they went with Howlback at all and not just a redecoed Ravage instead.
TF-fan kev777
City Commander

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:27 pm

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
I got both Soundwave and the cassette pack, and I'm quite happy with them. Howlback's got a special spot in the collection with all the other lady-bots. And somehow, I'm liking the One-Step more than I should (btw "switchblade" is a misnomer, Hasbro: it's more like a butterfly knife :-B)

Just two nitpicks on either set: Doombox's knees are loose but he can still stand, and Buzzsaw's wheel assembly on the right wing droops a bit because the rivet's in too deep. Plus he's got a slight nick in roughly the same area, a trapped air bubble no doubt. O well. :)

As for what to do with CW Buzzsaw, repurpose him! It doesn't have to be a cassette, any yellow Decepticon bird will do. May I suggest 2010 Mini-Con Longview?

:EDIT: Anyone hoping for an Autobot Cassette set with Steeljaw out of Stripes, Eject and Sunder, possibly with the alternate head, if any?
The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3

Looking for:
- TR Furos (Hardhead's head) and Crashbash (lost him :()
- PotP Punch head
- TR Galvatron right arm (the gun one)
- CW Brake-Neck/UW Wildrider, CW Offroad
- TR Twinferno & Grotusque
- Greenlight, Lancer and PotP Elita-1 (plus repro Victorion hands and feet?)
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 241
Strength: 5
Endurance: 7
Skill: 5

Postby TF-fan kev777 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:56 pm

JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Anyone hoping for an Autobot Cassette set with Steeljaw out of Stripes, Eject and Sunder, possibly with the alternate head, if any?

Hmmm, that would be very Hasbro-like to milk one more use out of them. And considering the Siege versions of the cassettes just don't do it for me, I'd be all for another cassette pack further down the Bumblebee movie line.

Edit: Although to do that, they would almost have to re-release Blaster too, wouldn't they?
TF-fan kev777
City Commander

Transformers Bumblebee Movie Merchandise Displays Appearing at Variety of US Stores

Postby william-james88 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:55 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
Hasbro is going all out on the upcoming Bumblebee movie with several stores organizing displays filled with a variety of Bumblebee merchandise. We have several examples below. The first comes from our own Jon 3.0 who found a display of mugs, water bottles, lunch boxes and more. You will see that there is merchandise for both Bumblebee in his movie look and his G1 look. That display was found at Ralph's a super market chain in California. This chain belongs to Kroger, so as you can expect, other Kroger stores also had massive displays. You will find an example of a Kroger display from Fort Wayne which was posted by Rookbartley on the TFW2005 forums. Finally, a picture has been circulating online of an in store display looking like an actual Volkswagen Beetle.

If you see cool displays like these, be sure to post them here.

If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4499
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby Bumblevivisector » Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:20 pm

WOW. I really, really hope that after this movie has come and gone, every one of that display in the bottom photo finds its way into the hands of some loving collector.

One of the few policies of Toys'R'Us that I don't miss was the mandate that all displays had to be destroyed rather than given away, starting between the first two Bay movies I believe. I know it was largely mandated by the toy companies, and fully understandable that they didn't want nobodies making a killing by flipping them on ebay for 100% profit, but what a lousy waste. When I think of all those glued-together Lego Sailbarges with the now-banned Slave Leia going directly to the nearest landfill...
Bumblevivisector
Godmaster
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Courage: 7
Firepower: 9
Skill: 6

Postby o.supreme » Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:11 am

JelZe GoldRabbit wrote::EDIT: Anyone hoping for an Autobot Cassette set with Steeljaw out of Stripes, Eject and Sunder, possibly with the alternate head, if any?

I'd be happy with just Eject (To me Stripes WAS always Steeljaw but...). I'll happily take any additional reuse of those TR Tablet/Minion molds so long as they continue to be compatible with TR Blaster & Soundwave.

Also, I wonder if Hasbro realizes it's not BB that's really the selling point of this, or the other SS sets with the Dino Cassettes. It's the Cassettes themselves. I appreciate the $30 price point, because that is exactly what you would pay for the 3 legends class on their own. The BB is basically just dead weight. I mean my kids enjoy it enough, but if I didn't have them, or any other nieces/nephews, or friends with small children to give it to- I'd probably have literally thrown it in the garbage.

o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Survivefan23 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:41 am

Motto: ""Time to Smash now, Time to Talk latter.""
Weapon: Armor Axe
I found one at my local Kroger. I picked up Speed Barricade & POTP Liege Maximo. Bumblebee toys were marked down with a discount. POTP weren't.
Survivefan23
Survivefan23
Mini-Con
News Credits: 47
Alt Mode: Monster Truck
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 3
Endurance: 3
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 8
Skill: 9

Postby Survivefan23 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:51 am

Motto: ""Time to Smash now, Time to Talk latter.""
Survivefan23
Survivefan23
Mini-Con
News Credits: 47
Alt Mode: Monster Truck
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 3
Endurance: 3
Courage: 10+

Postby william-james88 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:54 am

Motto: "'till All Are One"
Survivefan23 wrote:https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1197972683690825&set=pcb.1197972807024146&type=3&theater

That link is private and can not be seen.

If it is an image, you have to download it on your device and upload it onto this forum.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4499
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:35 am

o.supreme wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote::EDIT: Anyone hoping for an Autobot Cassette set with Steeljaw out of Stripes, Eject and Sunder, possibly with the alternate head, if any?

I'd be happy with just Eject (To me Stripes WAS always Steeljaw but...). I'll happily take any additional reuse of those TR Tablet/Minion molds so long as they continue to be compatible with TR Blaster & Soundwave.

How about another, lighter blue, Ravage or Stripes as Raindance, and a red Rumble as Grand Slam? ;)

Looking for:
- PotP Punch head
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers

Postby o.supreme » Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:40 am

Not sure a functional combined made from those could be made...but hey, if it could work, I'd take it.

o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Carnivius_Prime » Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:59 am

Motto: "A cunning smile is more devastating than the fiercest weapon."
Weapon: Anti-Thermal Cannon
I actually rather like the Legion class type VW Bee figure I got for £5.25 in The Entertainer and been taking it about with me in my pocket to keep me distracted when I am bored in places.

Gave it the gun from a TFP Bee of same size
42910481_243781436297653_5671785357219232836_n.jpg

43817415_268712923781671_2474204624712135850_n.jpg

Took it with me to rehearsal of one of the three plays I'm currently doing (this be before I realised the back part could actually click down a bit seperating panel from behind the back of the head. I just didn't even assume it could do that. )
43914575_524942637967591_1193974707652965021_n.jpg

Fun little figure. I added a lil extra paint on the legs and hands and feet (and that panel behind the head to help define the head more in the first pics). He has knee articulation from transformation but it looks pretty bad when the knees are bent. Still overall it's a fun lil figure.
I have anxiety, depression and aspergers syndrome so my behaviour can be erratic. I don't mean offense to anyone. Just very picky about my Transformers collecting. You're all cool! :)

Likes: Bayverse, Marvel UK G1, Geoff Senior art, '86 movie (more for style/soundtrack rather than Star Wars plot)
Dislikes: Bumblebee movie (lousy rehashed dumb crud), TFA, G1 cartoon, IDW G1, BW/BM, MP. The entire concept of Autobot Megatron
Carnivius_Prime
City Commander
News Credits: 19

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:04 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Really nice shots! I love taking a pocket sized guy with me places, and that Bee fits you perfectly!

Still bummed I have yet to see Soundwave in stores. I really want to find him!
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Speed: 7
Courage: 10

Postby leokearon » Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:06 am

Motto: "Every little bit helps"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
Bumblebee Legends, I mean Speed Series figures found in Debenhams Waterford, Ireland with 30% off. Picked up the VW Bumblebee for €5.95 instead of €8.50

Looking for:
G2 Sideswipe's spoiler
leokearon
Gestalt Team Leader
News Credits: 18
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Courage: 6

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:59 pm

The Bumblebee movie line seem to have reached saturation around here, now both Target and Walmart have the full range. I got myself, you guessed it, Speed Series VW Bumblebee and Optimus Prime, to go with their RotF and DotM predecessors (via their TLK redecos). It yielded something interesting: Speed Series VW 'Bee is actually taller than the DotM Legion!

Looking for:
- PotP Punch head
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers

Postby Carnivius_Prime » Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:37 pm

JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:The Bumblebee movie line seem to have reached saturation around here, now both Target and Walmart have the full range. I got myself, you guessed it, Speed Series VW Bumblebee and Optimus Prime, to go with their RotF and DotM predecessors (via their TLK redecos). It yielded something interesting: Speed Series VW 'Bee is actually taller than the DotM Legion!

Yeah I noticed Bee being taller than TLK Megatron and Dragonstorm. But then I don't even think of these lil things having any logical scale. They're not the 'proper' represantation of the characters on my shelves. They're just fun simplistic minature TF figures to carry about in your pocket to take out and play about with when needing an easy distraction from tedious or anxious situations. :P

DqOgx_xXgAEqqTG.jpg large.jpg
I have anxiety, depression and aspergers syndrome so my behaviour can be erratic. I don't mean offense to anyone. Just very picky about my Transformers collecting. You're all cool! :)

Likes: Bayverse, Marvel UK G1, Geoff Senior art, '86 movie (more for style/soundtrack rather than Star Wars plot)
Dislikes: Bumblebee movie (lousy rehashed dumb crud), TFA, G1 cartoon, IDW G1, BW/BM, MP. The entire concept of Autobot Megatron
Carnivius_Prime
City Commander

Postby ZeroWolf » Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:49 pm

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
I like the way ss vw bee is looking at the speed series bee, as if to say: "what's going on?"
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
News Credits: 1350

Postby Carnivius_Prime » Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:54 pm

ZeroWolf wrote:I like the way ss vw bee is looking at the speed series bee, as if to say: "what's going on?"

Maybe he's pondering the fact they're a lot closer in height than a Legends-style and Deluxe scale figure used to be. :P

And damn I just noticed tiny Bee has lot of bit of my yellow paint from this right knee. Likely cos I've carried him about with me loads in the past week or so. I shall top up that paint when I have time. :P

Carnivius_Prime
City Commander

Transformers Bumblebee Speed Series Sighted in Ireland, 30% Off #JoinTheBuzz

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:08 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Thanks to a heads up from Seibertronian Leokearon, we have word that the Bumblebee movie toys have found their way to Ireland, and it appears that the Irish are getting a pretty good deal on the Speed Series figures! The Speed Series figures were found in Debenhams in Waterford, Ireland with 30% off, priced at €5.95 instead of €8.50. While the sighted figures did not include Hot Rod, we can assume he was present at some point in time.

The Bumblebee movie toys seem to have found their way to pretty much every corner of the world, and with people finding the Bee movie toys relatively easy, we hope you are finding your own figures you want from the line. Let us know your thoughts on this Irish deal below, and if you intend to pick up any Bumblebee movie figures and if you have, what you think of them!

Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

In-Hand Images of Takara Tomy BB-02 Legendary Optimus Prime

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:20 pm

Thanks to a Tweet from site sponsor TFsource, we have word that Blacklai's Toybase has acquired the very soon to be released BB-02 Legendary Optimus Prime figure and has provided us with some in-hand images!

This new figure is an entirely new mold taking cues from the Age of Extinction Evasion Mode Optimus Prime, but upsized and reworked to have some unique new touches to the design. The figure also sports a nice coat of chrome paint over several components. Included in the images are comparisons to the MPM-06 Bumblebee, the MP-10 Optimus Prime mold, and the Age of Extinction Evasion Mode Prime.

Blacklai notes that a lot of the joints on the figure are ratcheted, his hands open, the gun he comes with can store on his back, he has the option of a faceplate or no faceplate, and the gun even stores under the truck mode! He goes on to say that this is the best official version of the cab over movie Prime.

Check out a sample of images below, and you can click any one of the images to view the full gallery of shots. Let us know what you think of him in the comments section below!

D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby fruityrobo » Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:43 pm

definitly looks nice. I might be picking it up. now i just have to wait for a review from youtube
fruityrobo
Micromaster
Watch fruityrobo on YouTube

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers SECTOR 7 #1 (of 5) Cover A IDW Comics 2010 (CA) Rood 200212a"
Transformers SECTO ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers WARS END #3 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2022 FEB220444 3RI (CA) Lafuente"
Transformers WARS ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #18 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 210422A"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #1 Cvr G 1:50 Image Comics 2023 0823IM292 1G (CA) Manapul"
TRANSFORMERS #1 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #8 1st ptg Marvel Comics 1985 (CA) Bright (W) Budiansky 230915A"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #2 Cvr B Image Comics 2023 APR238109 2B (CA) Robles (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #2 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #33 Marvel Comics 1987 (W) Parkhouse (CA) Vess 231222T"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #1 Cvr B IDW Comics 2021 DEC200413 1B (CA) Schoening"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #5 Cvr B Image Comics 2024 Skybound 1223IM324 5B (CA) Stokoe"
TRANSFORMERS #5 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers PRIME DIRECTIVE #1 Vol 1 G1 Autobots Dreamwave Comics 2002 (CA) Lee"
Transformers PRIME ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #41 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2022 JAN220489 41RI (CA) Samu"
TRANSFORMERS #41 R ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS vs GI JOE #1 Cvr Sub IDW Comics 2014 1SUB (CA) Stokoe 230124"
TRANSFORMERS vs GI ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #61 Marvel Comics 1989 (W) Furman (A)Senior (CA) Perlin 210422B"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #11 Cvr B IDW Comics 2021 OCT210410 11B (CA) Yurcaba"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Unicronus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Energon Igniters Nitro Bumblebee Action Figure - Included Core Powers Driving Action - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 7-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Rippersnapper" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Snarl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Terrorcon Blot" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Repugnus, Dastard, and Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Twin Twist and Flameout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MV5 Titan Changer Megatron Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Clobber" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Autobot Hound" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Terri-Bull" on AMAZON