This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Machinima Transformers Power of the Primes Cartoon Discussion Thread

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

Re: Machinima Transformers POTP Animated Series Discussion Thread

Postby Stormshot_Prime » Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:05 pm

Motto: "Primus is in his heaven, all’s right with the world."
Weapon: Fusion-Powered Particle Blaster
Calling it now, Primal is going to be some kind of revived/reformatted version of Optimus Prime.
Stormshot_Prime
Vehicon
Alt Mode: All-Terrain Battle SUV
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 5
Endurance: 6
Courage: 7
Firepower: 4
Skill: 7

Postby ZeroWolf » Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:51 pm

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
Stormshot_Prime wrote:Calling it now, Primal is going to be some kind of revived/reformatted version of Optimus Prime.

Probably after onyx prime as revived him ;-) though I'm curious as to why machima have gone with him being hairy when the toy is him in a more Cybertronian form (I. E. Before the beast wars)
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
News Credits: 1350

Postby Windsweeper » Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:56 pm

Captain of a science vessel. Very intelligent.

I wouldn't be surprised if he's a reformatted Perceptor especially given Optimus believed Perceptor would be a suitable successor.

Though I'd have preferred not to see Beast Wars characters in the line.
Windsweeper
Godmaster

Postby ZeroWolf » Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:13 am

Well only reason primal is here is because of the fan poll.
ZeroWolf
News Admin

Postby Burn » Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:32 am

Motto: "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings to randomly click things in the Admin Panel to see what it breaks."
I just hope he's his own character. None of this reformatted nonsense. Don't force some lame origin story onto him.
Burn
Forum Admin
News Credits: 226

Voice Actor Jason Marnocha Teases Machinima's Transformers Power of the Primes Animated Series

Postby Bronzewolf » Wed Apr 04, 2018 4:42 pm

Motto: ""What Would Sky Lynx Do?""
Weapon: Double-Barreled Solid Sonic Energy Blaster
While most of us feel like we're still recovering from the last Transformers Machinima animated show, Titans Return, it is almost time to jump down the rabbit hole again with the upcoming show Power of the Primes. It's because of this that the voice actor for Megatron in Combiner Wars, Titans Return, and POTP, Jason Marnocha, who is widely praised for being one of the highlights of the Trilogy, has started teasing POTP's premier.
Coming fresh from his twitter account, he's shared an image of Megatron with the new Power of the Primes title graphic, accompanied by his caption of "Soon. Soooooooon..." (It's also worth noting that the poster sports a shiny new Machinima logo, as well.) Check out the image mirrored from his twitter below, and let us know if you'll be tuning in to Power of the Primes when it premiers sometime later this year. It'll feature big new names like Mark Hamill, Ron Perlman, and Greg Berger!
----------
#Rodgate
#Braingate
#Domegate
:DAFT-PUNK-GM: :DAFT-PUNK-HAPPY:
Bronzewolf
Brainmaster
News Credits: 419
Alt Mode: 2016 Aston Martin Vanquish
Intelligence: 8
Endurance: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby Evil Eye » Wed Apr 04, 2018 4:50 pm

Motto: "Don't be a goddamn coward."
Weapon: Acid Spray Gun
Freddery's TR special isn't even out yet and we're already getting teasers for the conclusion of this root canal of a series?
Ha ha Transformers go brrrrr
Evil Eye
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 12
Alt Mode: F-4 Phantom II
Strength: 7
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 6
Skill: 8

Postby Randomhero » Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:03 pm

Black Hat wrote:Freddery's TR special isn't even out yet and we're already getting teasers for the conclusion of this root canal of a series?

Who’s gun is pointed at your head forcing you to watch it?
Randomhero
Gestalt
News Credits: 3

Postby ZeroWolf » Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:37 pm

I can see computron and menasor hiding behind him...so is this going to be everybody against megatronus, evil roddy and overlord?
ZeroWolf
News Admin

Postby Seibertron » Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:35 pm

Motto: "'Til All Are One!"
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
Voice talent and art is great in these shows. It's the directing that needs the work, and for the director to have better control over the voice talent. I don't think I've ever seen something where it's the directing that is so blatantly the problem. Well, except for the Star Wars Prequels.
Seibertron
Site Owner
News Credits: 3554
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Alt Mode: Supersonic Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 9
Endurance: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10+

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:53 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Seibertron wrote:Voice talent and art is great in these shows. It's the directing that needs the work, and for the director to have better control over the voice talent. I don't think I've ever seen something where it's the directing that is so blatantly the problem. Well, except for the Star Wars Prequels.
And the writing. The writing needs serious improvement as well.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 436
Intelligence: 10

Postby william-james88 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:20 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
Seibertron wrote: I don't think I've ever seen something where it's the directing that is so blatantly the problem. Well, except for the Star Wars Prequels.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh and a certain film called The Room
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4496
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby Bronzewolf » Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:24 pm

william-james88 wrote:
Seibertron wrote: I don't think I've ever seen something where it's the directing that is so blatantly the problem. Well, except for the Star Wars Prequels.

Oh Hai Megatronus.
----------
#Rodgate
#Braingate
#Domegate
Bronzewolf
Brainmaster

Postby william-james88 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:26 pm

Bronzewolf wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

Oh Hai Megatronus.

You're tearing me apart Elita!
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:42 pm

Bronzewolf wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

Oh Hai Megatronus.
Heh heh, it's funny cuz he's voiced by Mark. :lol:

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Bronzewolf » Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:30 am

Sabrblade wrote:
Bronzewolf wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

Oh Hai Megatronus.
Heh heh, it's funny cuz he's voiced by Mark. :lol:

Punception.
----------
#Rodgate
#Braingate
#Domegate
Bronzewolf
Brainmaster

Postby YoungPrime » Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:00 am

I think it's safe to say that Hasbro is STUCK in a contract with Machinima that supersede's the growingly poor reception this crappy @ss show gets.

I mean it's one thing for Hasbro to sell out to Bay and Paramount when there's a billion dollar box office and multi millions in merchandise being sold.

But this project here is used chewing gum by comparison.

What's really frustrating is that Voltron toys don't make a fraction of what any TF line makes right now. Yet they were still able to make a deal with DreamWorks and Netflix and knock it outta the park!

Begging the question what the h3'll are Hasbro's shareholders doing over there during board meetings!

At this point I wish that I could just block the word Machinima from any internet device I own unless the words "Cancelled" or "Ending" is in the same sentence.
YoungPrime
Headmaster Jr

Postby william-james88 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:10 am

YoungPrime wrote:Begging the question what the h3'll are Hasbro's shareholders doing over there during board meetings!

They discuss brand awareness. We know that, they mention that all the time. This machinima thing is just to keep the transfomers brand in the ether and garner it web presence. its to promote the brand itself, not just a toyline.

william-james88
News Staff

Postby YoungPrime » Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:09 am

william-james88 wrote:
YoungPrime wrote:Begging the question what the h3'll are Hasbro's shareholders doing over there during board meetings!

They discuss brand awareness. We know that, they mention that all the time. This machinima thing is just to keep the transfomers brand in the ether and garner it web presence. its to promote the brand itself, not just a toyline.
.......Okay.

Is promoting the brand online worth the price of leaving a bad taste in most fans mouths? Plus it's an insult to assume that all kids don't know the meaning of quality either when watching this garbage.

They need to start thinking long term since there's no way that people will be asking for a 10 or 20 yr anniversary of this show the way they do with G1.
YoungPrime
Headmaster Jr

Postby william-james88 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:28 am

[quote="YoungPrime"]Plus it's an insult to assume that all kids don't know the meaning of quality either when watching this garbage.

[quote]

No assumption. Combiner Wars yielded 120 million views. So proof that yes, kids and adults watched this stuff regardless of quality.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat- ... ogy-950981

william-james88
News Staff

Postby o.supreme » Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:44 am

Motto: "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes"
That's the problem though. Nobody knew exactly what Machinima was going to produce. I'll fully admit, I was 100% onboard with CW, hoping this was going to be something spectacular, after 1 episode, I knew it was a dumpster fire, hoping it might get better, and it never did. The micro series was fully produced, so its not like they could just stop there, they aired all the episodes. Hasbro should have looked at the responses, not just the number of views. I cant imagine large percentage of viewers asked for, or wanted more.

Or maybe it was favorable in other markets...I don't know. After the negative response to Revenge of the Fallen (the highest grossing TF film US Domestic), it only took 3 more movies for the rest of the world to catch on that these were garbage... ;) .

It's like a new bakery opening, If they sell 1000 donuts, simply because its a new store, but those donuts are awful, and they order 2000 more...All your going to have is a bunch of stale donuts. Unfortunately I know media isn't a consumable that goes *stale* per se, and frankly I don't even know how Hasbro profits from this. If its just to promote awareness, and not necessarily to purchase toys (I purchase Generations toys because they are the only TF line I care about, and provide a satisfying feeling of nostalgia)...in spite of how awful the Machinima series is.

If someone going in with a clean slate were to base all things Transformers solely on what Machinima produced, I would not blame them if they had zero interest in reading any of the comics, watching any other shows or movies, or purchasing any toys at all.

I still say Hasbro should go the route that WB/DC is. They provide 3 fully animated movies per year for the home market. Granted some are better than others, but they are drawn from all different DC stories and continuities. Hasbro can do the same, with 30 plus years of TF lore, who can tell me, they would not love, say 2 animated movies per years (70-80 minuets long), that explore original stories from everything. original Series (Sunbow and marvel comics), BW, RiD, Unicron Trilogy, heck I'd even love a film inspired by some of what Dreamwave did...

An argument I see against this all the time is... *It's too expensive* on that I call BS. DC's films probably cost somewhere in the neighborhood of 5M to produce. Paramount's 5 live action theatrical films made upwards of 3.5B world wide, I'm sure Hasbro made a nice profit off the residuals. Hasbro has its own animation studio, but if they wanted to partner with another animation house for funding, and split the earnings, that's fine too. I just refuse to hear about how something cannot be done, if they don't even try. For my money, the film Predacons Rising which served as an addendum to TF Prime was the best TF movie of the past decade.
Bucket/Want List: Botcon 2016 Customization Class Ratchet (G2 Deco), or Customization Class Ratchet (Marvel Comics Deco) **would also be willing to pay for an Unpainted Botcon 2016 Ratchet, TT Legends Fortress Head (only) with working Electronics

Wish List of Modern Combiners: Road Caesar, Monstructor & Dinoking (proper size to fiction), Landcross, Guard City, Battle Gaia, & G2 Defensor. Wish List of Titans:Metrotitan,Majin Zarak
o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 55
Watch o.supreme on YouTube
Buy from o.supreme on eBay

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:01 am

As bad as the first two shows were, they were still a success and garnered quite the following of blind praise given by people on Facebook and YouTube. For those such people, it seems that all it takes is the use of G1-based animation models and G1 voice actors for even the worst schlock to be considered a masterpiece, regardless of how much it all fails across the rest of the board in terms of writing, directing, editing, scripting, timing, animating, etc.

Save for the acting. It was mostly decent, with some being better than others.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Galactic Prime » Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:11 pm

Hasbro had the chance to make an actual G1-esk AWESOME new cartoon, and they let these rejects make it. Combiner Wars and Titan's Return were terrible. Actually, they were beyond terrible.

Just like Mark Hamill could not save The Last Jedi from being Garbage, Peter Cullen couldn't save Titan's Return.

The voice acting on almost every character was terrible, the scripts were god awful. The animation was sloppy.

Just let this die already.
Galactic Prime
Fuzor

Postby YoungPrime » Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:10 pm

william-james88 wrote:
YoungPrime wrote:Plus it's an insult to assume that all kids don't know the meaning of quality either when watching this garbage.

No assumption. Combiner Wars yielded 120 million views. So proof that yes, kids and adults watched this stuff regardless of quality.

Hellooooo! You didn't ans my question you just brought up numbers of the first season during its first 3 months. Even I was one of those 120M who gave it a chance and haven't supported it since, thus cause and effect!

You can't argue that the show is any good so what's your role here besides playing Machinima's free PR?

Do you personally want a quality TF show or do you want this crap to keep going????!
YoungPrime
Headmaster Jr

Postby ZeroWolf » Fri Apr 06, 2018 6:25 am

YoungPrime wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
YoungPrime wrote:Plus it's an insult to assume that all kids don't know the meaning of quality either when watching this garbage.

Hellooooo! You didn't ans my question you just brought up numbers of the first season during its first 3 months. Even I was one of those 120M who gave it a chance and haven't supported it since, thus cause and effect!

You can't argue that the show is any good so what's your role here besides playing Machinima's free PR?

Do you personally want a quality TF show or do you want this crap to keep going????!

Actually couple of things to think about. Firstly, quality is subjective as is our opinion on things (remember opinion =/= facts), just because you don't like it doesn't mean your opinion is shared by all those who watched these. Secondly, we are not paying for this product, this is just a short series that is just about promoting the brand. Hasbro would have to pump serious money in to it to get it to the level of a TV production. They wouldn't do that unless it had potential to return their investment and then some. Basically don't expect miracles (though that's not saying there's no room for improvement, but just temper expectation)

If instead of tf prime we got this show then that would be bad however this is just a Web show that just steals time if you commit to watching it
ZeroWolf
News Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BLURR Transformers Studio Series 86-03 Animated Movie Deluxe Hasbro 2021 New"
BLURR Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-E22 QUINTESSON JUDGE Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise Tomy ER EX-08"
NEW!
WFC-E22 QUINTESSON ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K33 SLAMMER Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Hasbro 2022 New"
NEW!
WFC-K33 SLAMMER Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K43 HOT ROD Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Core 2022 New 220329"
WFC-K43 HOT ROD Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K10 MEGATRON Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Leader Beast Wars 2021 New"
WFC-K10 MEGATRON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K23 PREDACON SCORPONOK Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe 2021 New"
WFC-K23 PREDACON S ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BWVS-05 RATTRAP + TERRORSAUR Transformers Beast Wars Again Kingdom Hasbro 2024"
NEW!
BWVS-05 RATTRAP + ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-S33 POWERTRAIN + HIGHJUMP Transformers Siege Micromasters Off-Road Patrol"
WFC-S33 POWERTRAIN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K27 RHINOX Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Voyager Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K27 RHINOX Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIMAL + RATTRAP Transformers War Cybertron Trilogy Kingdom Netflix 2021"
OPTIMUS PRIMAL + R ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "JUNKHEAP Transformers Studio Series 86-14 Animated Movie Voyager 2022 New"
JUNKHEAP Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-E15 RACE TRACK PATROL Transformers Earthrise Micromasters Hasbro 2020 New"
NEW!
WFC-E15 RACE TRACK ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #5 Cover B IDW Comic Book 2019 BOLD NEW ERA SIEGE 5B (CA) Whitman"
TRANSFORMERS #5 Co ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K38 RED ALERT Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Walgreens 2021 New"
WFC-K38 RED ALERT ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Roadtrap" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Exclusive Cyber Battalion Class Shockwave Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Punch-Counterpunch and Prima Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Windblade and Scorchfire" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Swoop" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Thundercracker Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Wheeljack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Speed Series Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Autobot Infinitus and Sentinel Prime" on AMAZON