This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Machinima Transformers Power of the Primes Cartoon Discussion Thread

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

Re: Machinima Transformers POTP Animated Series Discussion Thread

Postby YoungPrime » Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:26 am

ZeroWolf wrote:
YoungPrime wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
YoungPrime wrote:Plus it's an insult to assume that all kids don't know the meaning of quality either when watching this garbage.

No assumption. Combiner Wars yielded 120 million views. So proof that yes, kids and adults watched this stuff regardless of quality.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat- ... ogy-950981

Hellooooo! You didn't ans my question you just brought up numbers of the first season during its first 3 months. Even I was one of those 120M who gave it a chance and haven't supported it since, thus cause and effect!

You can't argue that the show is any good so what's your role here besides playing Machinima's free PR?

Do you personally want a quality TF show or do you want this crap to keep going????!

Actually couple of things to think about. Firstly, quality is subjective as is our opinion on things (remember opinion =/= facts), just because you don't like it doesn't mean your opinion is shared by all those who watched these. Secondly, we are not paying for this product, this is just a short series that is just about promoting the brand. Hasbro would have to pump serious money in to it to get it to the level of a TV production. They wouldn't do that unless it had potential to return their investment and then some. Basically don't expect miracles (though that's not saying there's no room for improvement, but just temper expectation)

If instead of tf prime we got this show then that would be bad however this is just a Web show that just steals time if you commit to watching it

There's nothing to think about.

For some reason you just feel obligated to defend Machinima's crap. And if it was just me bashing it then you wouldn't be making so many lame excuses for its existence.

My point stands since MCU's overall track record is proof of success when a studio or company invest's its money on QUALITY!!!

But if you like wasting time on Machinima then don't "steal" anymore of mine.
YoungPrime
Headmaster Jr

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:43 am

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Being "just a web series" does not excuse something from being well done.

Lots of people are able to put out good quality material regardless of the medium, web content included.

Need it be reiterated that the production staff of Combiner Wars hyped up that show as being "the Game of Thrones of animation"? With promotion like that, it's no wonder we were led to believe that these web shows would be not just quality works but high quality works.

And, let me point out for the umpteenth time, it is absolutely possible for someone to LIKE and ENJOY low quality works. That's what called "guilty pleasures". Vice-versa, one can also dislike and not enjoy high quality works, for whatever reason.

Something being of good or bad quality is based on objectivity.

Someone liking or disliking something is based on subjectivity.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 434
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby Bronzewolf » Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:04 pm

Motto: ""What Would Sky Lynx Do?""
Weapon: Double-Barreled Solid Sonic Energy Blaster
We've gotten teases, we've gotten posters, but finally we have a release date for the next Machinima Transformers cartoon, Power of the Primes!
Announced with remarkably little fanfare over on the Transformers Facebook page, accompanied by a clip from the previous show Titans Return, it's been revealed that the next and final chapter of the series will come on May 1st, just a few short days away. Something interesting to note is that unlike other promotional materials for the new series, like the poster below, neither the post nor the video make any mention of the Go90 streaming service, which both previous shows have been streamed on for free. It will be interesting to see if Transformers has ended it's run with Go90, instead opting for their Tumblr page, which they do link to in this new post.

Whatever the case, make sure to stay tuned for Seibertron.com's exclusive reviews of the new series, coming out immediately following the new episodes!

----------
#Rodgate
#Braingate
#Domegate
:DAFT-PUNK-GM: :DAFT-PUNK-HAPPY:
Bronzewolf
Brainmaster
News Credits: 419
Alt Mode: 2016 Aston Martin Vanquish
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 5
Endurance: 7
Courage: 6

Postby ZeroWolf » Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:23 pm

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
Wonder what explanation they'll give for primal here? Plus I also wonder if they are going full on beast wars and have primal take on Optimus Prime spark and get his optimal optimus body
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
News Credits: 1350

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:50 pm

He's furry... yet he turns into a rectangle. :P

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Bounti76 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:18 pm

Weapon: Vibro-Axe
It actually says at the bottom of the poster above, that it can be watched on Go90.
Bounti76
News Staff
News Credits: 376
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Endurance: 9
Courage: 9
Firepower: 6
Skill: 8

Postby Bronzewolf » Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:52 pm

Bounti76 wrote:It actually says at the bottom of the poster above, that it can be watched on Go90.

Something interesting to note is that unlike other promotional materials for the new series, like the poster below, neither the post nor the video make any mention of the Go90 streaming service

;)
That poster is actually a few weeks old. My comment was about how the new post from today only mentions their tumblr.
----------
#Rodgate
#Braingate
#Domegate
Bronzewolf
Brainmaster

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:55 pm

May 1st, A.K.A. May Day.

Nice of them to warn us. :P

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Bounti76 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:16 pm

Weapon: Vibro-Axe
Bronzewolf wrote:
Bounti76 wrote:It actually says at the bottom of the poster above, that it can be watched on Go90.

Something interesting to note is that unlike other promotional materials for the new series, like the poster below, neither the post nor the video make any mention of the Go90 streaming service

;)
That poster is actually a few weeks old. My comment was about how the new post from today only mentions their tumblr.

That makes more sense. :-D
Bounti76
News Staff
News Credits: 376
Strength: 5
Endurance: 9
Courage: 9

Postby Mr.MicroMaster » Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:30 pm

Motto: "Chose to see today as the bright and beautiful tomorrow it can be"
Weapon: Automatic Machine Gun
I’m not even going to give this one a chance.
Mr.MicroMaster
Fuzor
News Credits: 8
Alt Mode: APC
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Skill: 7

Postby SFXPrime » Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:43 am

I fear Transformers is dead. The movies are trash, the shows are trash, and the toys are either trash or are good but never make it to retail because stores don't want shelfwarmers. It's starting to feel like 2006 again but with no light in sight.
SFXPrime
Mini-Con

Postby ZeroWolf » Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:04 pm

This one show made you feel like that? Plus we still have the bumblebee movie from the guy who did that kubo movie. No bay in sight for that one. Plus the toys are still doing well, they may not meet your tastes but the franchise is far from dead. In fact we have the war for cybertron toyline coming and the rebooted idw comics after they deal with unicron (which looks epic)
ZeroWolf
News Admin

Postby Bronzewolf » Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:20 pm

Wow, great to see such positivity in the community. :roll: :lol:
----------
#Rodgate
#Braingate
#Domegate
Bronzewolf
Brainmaster

Postby Windsweeper » Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:55 pm

I'm looking forward to it. My only issue with the previous shows were Menasor's grating voice and Windblade's Anime style grunting and shouting.

Ok Starscream and Overlord could do with better voices but they're not cringeworthy like Menasor.

Judd Nelson is great as Hot Rod. Megatron isn't portrayed as a one dimensional villain.

I like the aesthetic apart from Megatronus looking like Animated Headmaster.

I've enjoyed this a lot more than a lot of the series popular with the fandom like Animated and G1 Season 2.

It's a shame we didn't get more of the Seekers but it was nice to see Sunstorm in a modern cartoon however briefly.

Given how Prime believed Perceptor was worthy of the Matrix, I wouldn't be surprised if the Matrix transformed Perceptor into Primal.

Both characters were portrayed as peaceful scientists.
Windsweeper
Godmaster

Postby Bronzewolf » Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:53 pm

The third and final installment of Machinima's Prime Wars Trilogy of cartoons, Power of the Primes. is just a few short days away. Meaning, of course, we're seeing more and more promotional material across the internet for it. Today's no different as we have (at least part of) a new poster for the series over on the Machinima Instagram page. The poster is being, well, posted regularly in increments, meaning we've only seen a few sections of it, but the rest will probably be revealed by the premiere date.
Even though we've only seen a fraction of the poster, it still offers some exciting new glimpses into the show we haven't seen before, showing off our first look at the Dinobots and Predaking! Check out the pieces of the poster we have currently, and then check back when the series premieres for our official review!
----------
#Rodgate
#Braingate
#Domegate
Bronzewolf
Brainmaster

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:56 pm

Looks like Megatron is front and center of the poster. I wonder if the reason he is hidden from full view for now is because of something that Hasbro wants to keep secret about him until closer to the series's release date. Like, if maybe this show might go the route of MTMTE and have Megs wearing a :BOT: symbol on his chest.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Hotconvoy » Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:13 pm

Motto: "Action figures are the right of all sentient transfomers fans"
Weapon: Cannon
Sabrblade wrote:Looks like Megatron is front and center of the poster. I wonder if the reason he is hidden from full view for now is because of something that Hasbro wants to keep secret about him until closer to the series's release date. Like, if maybe this show might go the route of MTMTE and have Megs wearing a :BOT: symbol on his chest.

Mabee. But I'm thinking(well more hoping :-P )that it might be his new Power of the Primes body :shock:. MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :twisted: :HEADHURTS: :-P
Click link to view my new customs; Combiner Wars (deluxe class) Thundercracker,Combiner Wars Braver(nonbrainmaster), Titans Return Cliffjumper(comming soon) + more!
hotconvoy-s-custom-idea-mod-thread-t110853.php
Hotconvoy
Fuzor
News Credits: 1
Watch Hotconvoy on YouTube
Alt Mode: Dodge charger
Strength: Infinity
Speed: 10+
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: 10+

Postby ZeroWolf » Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:06 am

I think the time has passed for him to get a new potp toy ;-) but don't worry, he'll definitely get a new toy later this year/early next year for the war for cybertron toy line ;-)^
ZeroWolf
News Admin

Postby Randomhero » Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:16 am

Hotconvoy wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Looks like Megatron is front and center of the poster. I wonder if the reason he is hidden from full view for now is because of something that Hasbro wants to keep secret about him until closer to the series's release date. Like, if maybe this show might go the route of MTMTE and have Megs wearing a :BOT: symbol on his chest.

Mabee. But I'm thinking(well more hoping :-P )that it might be his new Power of the Primes body :shock:. MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :twisted: :HEADHURTS: :-P

Or they broke the poster up and reveal a piece everyday to countdown to the show?
Randomhero
Gestalt
News Credits: 3

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:23 am

So, apparently, Snarl's dino mode head was modeled on that of a third-party toy - https://twitter.com/Speed_Freak01/status/988430609008726019

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:01 am

*Deep Beleagured Sigh*

...Trailer:

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Immortal Starscream » Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:10 am

beat me to it there Sabrblade. one thing I've got to wonder about this series... its bad. really bad. so why in the holy hand grenades of Antioch to I keep watching it? machinima or masochisinima.

"They're playing with him... and when they're done they're going to play with me.... OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!"
Immortal Starscream
Headmaster
News Credits: 18

Postby Evil Eye » Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:14 am

Motto: "Don't be a goddamn coward."
Weapon: Acid Spray Gun
On the bright side, at least Freddery is going to have more material to work with. The guy managed to take something decidedly mediocre and turn it into one of the best Transformers related things...ever really.
Ha ha Transformers go brrrrr
Evil Eye
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 12
Alt Mode: F-4 Phantom II
Courage: 10

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:15 am

Immortal Starscream wrote:beat me to it there Sabrblade. one thing I've got to wonder about this series... its bad. really bad. so why in the holy hand grenades of Antioch to I keep watching it? machinima or masochisinima.
Well, how else are you going to know exactly what to criticize about it in order to give a proper, educated critique? ;)

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby o.supreme » Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:15 am

Motto: "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes"
Random Thoughts...

1. Yay! they are actually getting this out in time to be current with the release of the toyline its promoting

2. Finally they can afford to get a combining sequence shown.

3. If I didn't know CW & TR were dumpster fires, This, on its own merits, admittedly, does look kind of cool

4. Where the heck is the jungle coming from? Someone must have accessed the Apocrypha known as BM...erroneously so.

5. I am (poorly dubbed Japanese movie) Optimus Primal you'd think by the 3rd time they'd learn about lip flaps, heck EVEN South Park was able to do it better 20 years ago.

6. So....this is all taking place in Unicron's head....Or was that like a *spoiler* for the next toyline (War For Cybertron is centered around the Chaos Bringer...??)

7. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Hasbro DO NOT extend your contract with Machinima for more series...PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!!!! NO!
Last edited by o.supreme on Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bucket/Want List: Botcon 2016 Customization Class Ratchet (G2 Deco), or Customization Class Ratchet (Marvel Comics Deco) **would also be willing to pay for an Unpainted Botcon 2016 Ratchet, TT Legends Fortress Head (only) with working Electronics

Wish List of Modern Combiners: Road Caesar, Monstructor & Dinoking (proper size to fiction), Landcross, Guard City, Battle Gaia, & G2 Defensor. Wish List of Titans:Metrotitan,Majin Zarak
o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 55
Watch o.supreme on YouTube
Buy from o.supreme on eBay

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCORCHED #18 Cvr A Image Comics 2023 MAR230181 18A (CA) Bogdanovic (W) Lewis"
SCORCHED #18 Cvr A ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KING SPAWN #29 Cvr B Image Comics 2023 1023IM346 29B (CA) Fernandez (W)McFarlane"
KING SPAWN #29 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SAVAGE DRAGON #265 Cvr B retro 70s trade Image Comics OCT220202 265B (CA) Larsen"
SAVAGE DRAGON #265 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCORCHED #22 Cvr C Image Comics 2023 0723IM379 22C (CA) Ngu (W) Lewis (A)Segovia"
SCORCHED #22 Cvr C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCORCHED #23 Cvr A Image Comics 2023 0823IM446 23A (CA) Panosian (W) Layman"
SCORCHED #23 Cvr A ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SPAWN #351 Cvr B Image Comics 2024 1223IM320 351B (CA) Aguillo (W) McConville"
NEW!
SPAWN #351 Cvr B I ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SPAWN #338 Cvr A Image Comics 2023 NOV220279 338A (W) McConville (CA) Mack"
SPAWN #338 Cvr A I ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SPAWN #336 Cvr A Image Comics 2022 SEP220314 336A (W) McConville (CA) Greene"
SPAWN #336 Cvr A I ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GUNSLINGER SPAWN #24 Cvr C virgin Image Comics 2023 0723IM326 24C (CA) Ngu"
GUNSLINGER SPAWN # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCORCHED #24 Cvr A Image Comics 2023 0923IM443 24A (CA) Carlos (W) McFarlane"
SCORCHED #24 Cvr A ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCORCHED #16 Cvr B Image Comics JAN230271 16B (CA) Randal (W) Lewis (A) Segovia"
SCORCHED #16 Cvr B ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KING SPAWN #9 Dynamic Forces w/ cert DF Image Comics 2022 220802A (CA) Haeser"
KING SPAWN #9 Dyna ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCORCHED #23 Cvr B Image Comics 2023 0823IM447 23B (CA) Tomaselli (W) Layman"
SCORCHED #23 Cvr B ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCORCHED #19 Cvr A Image Comics 2023 APR230283 19A (CA) Stevens (W) Lewis"
SCORCHED #19 Cvr A ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #346 - Gas Station Jamboree
Twincast / Podcast #346:
"Gas Station Jamboree"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 23rd, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Outback" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Cutthroat" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Punch-Counterpunch and Prima Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Unicronus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Decepticon Octone and Murk" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Xort and Highbrow" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Alpha Trion Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Autobot Infinitus and Sentinel Prime" on AMAZON