This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Machinima Transformers Power of the Primes Cartoon Discussion Thread

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

Re: Machinima Transformers POTP Animated Series Discussion Thread

Postby Va'al » Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:08 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
As we know, the third chapter in the Prime Wars Trilogy (in its media incarnation here) will be debuting from Machinima as of May 1st - you can check out the trailer here - and the official Facebook page for Transformers has shared a video of some behind the scenes work with the voice actors who will be giving life to the characters in the cast, such as Mark Hamill (Megatronus), Gregg Berger (Grimlock / Volcanicus), Judd Nelson (Rodimus Cron), and Ron Perlman (Optimus Primal). Check it out below, and let us know what you think of this new series!

We’ve got an awesome voice cast for Transformers: Power of the Primes! Watch them do their thing May 1st on transformersprimewars.tumblr.com.

Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby ZeroWolf » Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:15 am

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
Wow judd you got old :-( now I feel older.
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
News Credits: 1350

Postby Randomhero » Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:16 pm

ZeroWolf wrote:Wow judd you got old :-( now I feel older.

Well he is pushing 60
Randomhero
Gestalt
News Credits: 3

Postby william-james88 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:49 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
ZeroWolf wrote:Wow judd you got old :-(

Thats what happens when your dad encourages you to smoke at a young age.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4496
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby Randomhero » Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:41 pm

william-james88 wrote:

Did...did you just breakfast club this?
Randomhero
Gestalt
News Credits: 3

Postby WreckerJack » Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:16 pm

Motto: "The complain train is leaving the station."
Weapon: Arc-Welders
It will be werid to see Ron Pearlman as Optimus Primal after I am so used to him as one of the bad guys from Sons of Anarchy.
WreckerJack
Godmaster
News Credits: 295
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Endurance: 8
Courage: 7
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

Postby william-james88 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:16 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
Randomhero wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

Did...did you just breakfast club this?

Hells yeah !
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4496
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby ZeroWolf » Sat Apr 28, 2018 12:24 am

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
WreckerJack wrote:It will be werid to see Ron Pearlman as Optimus Primal after I am so used to him as one of the bad guys from Sons of Anarchy.

Any weirder then thinking that Hellboy has turned into a monkey bot?
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
News Credits: 1350

Postby The_Cryptid_Person » Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:27 am

“Rodimus Cron” makes a surprising amount of sense when you think about it. Like how “Prime” is one of the syllables in Primus, except faction-swapped. Would be a really good way to denote servants of unicron if it didn’t sound completely ridiculous.
Rushing in where Hasbro fears to tread (for now)...
Check my Twitter for customs and digibashes! || My ongoing Transtopia thread
The_Cryptid_Person
Vehicon
News Credits: 1

Postby Ultra Markus » Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:58 pm

Motto: "“You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain.” - Harvey Dent in The Dark Knight"
Weapon: 16 Cannons
ZeroWolf wrote:Wow judd you got old :-( now I feel older.

7f1e5a0953b3187c21e4babb8d75d54a.jpg
7f1e5a0953b3187c21e4babb8d75d54a.jpg (27.24 KiB) Viewed 22696 times
Ultra Markus
Gestalt
Alt Mode: the biggest baddest thing ever
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:24 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Full POTP cartoon poster - https://www.instagram.com/machinima/

Solus Prime is included on this poster as a character in the show.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 436
Courage: 8
Skill: 9

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:54 pm

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:19 pm

Okay, so, it is so painfully obvious that Megatronus is talking to Unicron in the first scene, and that Overlord and Rodimus Cron are his acolytes.

Mark Hamill is basically playing Megatronus like he played Fire Lord Ozai. This creates a problem on two fronts. One is that his entire performance is nothing but sinister-sounding, even in the flashback scene with Solus Prime in which he's supposed to sound casual and maybe even friendly with her. But instead, his voice comes off as sounding evil even at the point in his life before he turns to the dark side. The other problem is that the limited facial animation he is given completely belies the sinister tone of his voice. While he sounds eerie and ominous, he face instead reads as constantly bored and indifferent, much like the infamous "Uhh" faces of Transformers: Energon.

Oh, he also uses the D-word at one point. We'll see how far the cursing in this show goes since Windblade later uses "Oh... scrud".

Solus Prime's actress is just as stiff in her performance as the Mistress of Flame. Her acting is completely wooden, and the long and numerous pauses make her sound like either a female William Shatner or a character from an old video game cutscene.

As for all the others, Megatron, Windblade, and Victorion give the best-sounding performances, while Wheaton's Perceptor, Berger's Grimlock, and the other Dinobots all come across just as stiff as the performances in these shows have come to sound.

The Dinobots don't really seem all that familiar with everyone else, with Grimlock only recognizing Perceptor and harboring hateful feelings towards him and his intelligence. It's as though the Dinobots disassociated themselves from the Autobots and Decepticons and spent a long time in isolation, as they have no qualms with trying to kill the other Autobots they encounter, even if they were with Megatron at the time. They even emerge from the swamp saying things like "Kill!" and "Destroy!" in a singleminded manner, as though that was the main thing they loved doing.

But the biggest sin this episode commits is with the one thing that had been the best and only really good thing about the Combiner Wars and Titan Return: Megatron. This one episode has done the undesirable by taking Megatron and sucking all the fun out of him. He is now all business and seriousness without even a hint of the smarm and sarcastic snide that made him so endearing in the previous two shows. Now, he's just like everyone else, carrying the weight of the world on his shoulders and speaking all about a foreboding doom and gloom. Bleh.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Machinima’s Power Of The Primes Poster Is Now Complete

Postby WreckerJack » Tue May 01, 2018 1:29 am

Thanks to fellow Seibertronian, Sabrblade we now know that Machinima has finished their Power of The Primes poster by revealing all of the pieces. You can see the full poster on Machinima's instagram page. It features many different characters from The Prime Wars Trilogy.

Rodimus Unicronus is in the middle with Perceptor, Windblade and Optimus Primal to his sides. Megatron takes up a lot of space here too, which may clue us into him having a big role in the series. The combiners Victorion, Menasor, Computron and Devastator are also feautred as well as the dinobots. We also notice that Unicron's head and Overlord are also looming around.

Did you spot any of your favorites? Have a look at the poster below and let us know on the boards!

WreckerJack
Godmaster

Machinima's Transformers Power of the Primes Episode 1 Airs Online

Postby WreckerJack » Tue May 01, 2018 1:43 am

The very first episode of Machinima's Transformers Power of the Primes is online. We will not spoil it for you of course, but the title of the Episode is called "The Swamp". You probably guessed based on the new poster some of the characters that may appear. We will also share with you the episode description if you would like to read it.

Megatronus hunts for the Requiem Blaster as we learn about its mysterious past. Elsewhere, Megatron and his team are also searching for the weapon, hoping to get to it first, when they encounter Grimlock and his fellow Dinobots.

You can watch the episode on the go90 app or click here to watch on their website. Enjoy!

WreckerJack
Godmaster

Postby jamarmiller » Tue May 01, 2018 2:31 am

Motto: "All lives matter! Show your support for racial equality. Update your motto on Seibertron.com forums to say 'Til All Are One!"
IN ADDITION TO THE FIRST EP, There is an awesome ,almost 5 minute recap, of Combiner wars and Titan Returns by victor carolli, sorry I dont know how to spell his name , the original narrator of the g1 series on Tumbler , its not on go 90

for me it was must see

dont know how to link to it but look for Titans return recap, its 4 minutes 53 seconds

as for the ep, hell yeah I liked it. Only thing I didnt like was the arm is missing still on Victorian, but it makes sense since this follows pretty quickly after titans returns

I just wish there was a way that I could download and save these eps now.
All lives matter! Show your support for racial equality. Update your motto on Seibertron.com forums to say 'Til All Are One!
jamarmiller
Minibot

Postby Burn » Tue May 01, 2018 3:19 am

Motto: "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings to randomly click things in the Admin Panel to see what it breaks."
For those of us who live in places where the letter U isn't shunned.

Burn
Forum Admin
News Credits: 226

Postby Omegatron. » Tue May 01, 2018 5:58 am

Motto: "When the going gets tough, the tough call for close air support"
Weapon: Plasma Beam Rifle
At least the animation is smoother this time.
Omegatron.
Minibot
News Credits: 9
Alt Mode: Sikorsky S-64 Skycrane

Postby TulioDude » Tue May 01, 2018 8:40 am

Motto: "Never doubt the awesomess."
Weapon: Energo-Sword
The Swamp

*All Stars playing in the background*
Silverwing wrote:Also, I feel compelled to give the obligatory: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay:
One for each year of the Movieverse's decade strong tenure. Here's to a few more explosive years!

Here is my DeviantArt page and my Tumblr blog.
TulioDude
Gestalt
News Credits: 6
Strength: 9
Endurance: 9
Firepower: 8
Skill: 7

Postby Rodimus Knight » Tue May 01, 2018 8:43 am

Just gonna say this episode shows why the dinobots should have been made at a larger scale.
Rodimus Knight
Pretender
News Credits: 2

Postby Immortal Starscream » Tue May 01, 2018 9:20 am

this one was not that bad actually, compared to the previous series. though everyone headbanging when they talk gets a bit distracting, particularly in the scene with the close up of megatrons eyes. I find it odd that grimlock here looks like his masterpeice toy version in robot mode.

"They're playing with him... and when they're done they're going to play with me.... OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!"
Immortal Starscream
Headmaster
News Credits: 18

Postby o.supreme » Tue May 01, 2018 10:28 am

Motto: "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes"
So...who's going to Drain the Swamp... ;)

Sabrblade wrote:Okay, so, it is so painfully obvious that Megatronus is talking to Unicron in the first scene, and that Overlord and Rodimus Cron are his acolytes.

Well I'm glad you deduced that somehow. I don't think it was obvious at all. Not saying you are wrong, just saying this first episode was probably the poorest setup for a series I've ever seen. I had no idea who Megatronus was supposed to be talking to. The parts with the Dinobots were ok, but corny. Also I know people's voices change over time, especially after 30+ years, but with all due respect, there's just something off about Berger's Grimlock. It sounds just like his own voice but more gravely, like many characters he used to voice on Garfield and Friends back in the 80's, or Kraven from the 90's Spider-Man. There was just something about Grimlock, originally, that made him stand out, and whatever it was, Berger either forgot it, or maybe just cant do it anymore. This would not be the first time I've heard this with a VA, and it may not be their fault, just noticing the difference.

Was it better than the first episode of CW & TR, sure I'll give it that, but that's not saying much. I guess we better buckle in, one down. 9 to go...
Bucket/Want List: Botcon 2016 Customization Class Ratchet (G2 Deco), or Customization Class Ratchet (Marvel Comics Deco) **would also be willing to pay for an Unpainted Botcon 2016 Ratchet, TT Legends Fortress Head (only) with working Electronics

Wish List of Modern Combiners: Road Caesar, Monstructor & Dinoking (proper size to fiction), Landcross, Guard City, Battle Gaia, & G2 Defensor. Wish List of Titans:Metrotitan,Majin Zarak
o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 55
Watch o.supreme on YouTube
Buy from o.supreme on eBay

Postby Chriphord » Tue May 01, 2018 1:03 pm

Motto: "You've got to put the bananas away, before you die."
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
Rodimus Knight wrote:Just gonna say this episode shows why the dinobots should have been made at a larger scale.

I think you're right and have been thinking the same thing recently. Making Volcanicus the titan would've allowed for a better looking combiner with better ratios all around. Predaking would've probably still looked a little off though if they had done him at the "normal size."
Chriphord
Minibot
News Credits: 4
Buy from Chriphord on eBay
Alt Mode: Big Red Dog
Strength: 6
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 8
Endurance: 6
Skill: 10

Postby Sabrblade » Tue May 01, 2018 2:13 pm

o.supreme wrote:So...who's going to Drain the Swamp... ;)

Sabrblade wrote:Okay, so, it is so painfully obvious that Megatronus is talking to Unicron in the first scene, and that Overlord and Rodimus Cron are his acolytes.

Well I'm glad you deduced that somehow. I don't think it was obvious at all. Not saying you are wrong, just saying this first episode was probably the poorest setup for a series I've ever seen. I had no idea who Megatronus was supposed to be talking to.
I mean, there's the fact that they showed Unicron's head at the beginning, which is pretty much a given that he'll end up playing some kind of role in this show based on how predictable the previous two series were, which in turn means that Megatronus is gonna end up not being the main big bad of the series after all, which then means that he'll have to have some kind of connection to the main big bad (Unicron) in order for him to still be relevant in this show.

And since Megatronus--The Fallen--was conceived as a minion of Unicron from the onset back in the Dreamwave days, his being Unicron's servant here would pretty much be the easiest route for this show to take, and we all should know by now not to expect anything more than the easy street from this show.

Thus, his talking at the beginning has gotta be with his master Unicron, and his talk of acolytes has to refer to Overlord (who was all ominous about something bad coming soon back in Titans Return, who corrupted Hot Rod into Rodimus Cron, and who seemed pleased by Megatronus's presence in that show's last episode) and Rodimus Cron (for obvious reasons given his name, and that his deco is based on the Rodimus Unicronus toy, whose Matrix accessory is the Unicron-based Matrix of Chaos).
Last edited by Sabrblade on Wed May 02, 2018 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Skritz » Tue May 01, 2018 3:14 pm

Well, personally I'm all in favor of that character being less 'Megatronus Prime' and way more who he originally was when conceived and introduced to us back in the day: The Fallen.
Skritz
Gestalt

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #2 Cvr B Image Comics 2023 0923IM457 2B (CA) Chan (W) Johnson"
TRANSFORMERS #2 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers REIGN STARSCREAM #2 Cvr A IDW Comics 2008 Movie Sequel 2A 210411B"
Transformers REIGN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #1 2nd ptg Cvr B Image Comics 2023 0923IM825 (CA) Howard"
TRANSFORMERS #1 2n ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS ESCAPE #3 Cvr A IDW Comics 2021 DEC200470 3A (CA) McGuire-Smith"
TRANSFORMERS ESCAP ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers Roleplaying Game Core RULEBOOK Renegade Studios RPG AUG218180"
Transformers Rolep ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #2 2nd ptg Cvr B Soundwave Image Comics 2023 (CA) Howard 240210B"
NEW!
TRANSFORMERS #2 2n ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #8 Cvr B IDW Comics 2021 JUL210497 8B (CA) Gee"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers REIGN STARSCREAM #4 RI 1:10 IDW Comics Movie Sequel 4RI 230323A"
Transformers REIGN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #1 2nd ptg Cvr A Image Comics 2023 0923IM824 (CA) Howard 240210"
TRANSFORMERS #1 2n ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS GALAXIES #5 Cover RI-A IDW Comics 2020 NOV190608 5RIA (CA) Malkova"
TRANSFORMERS GALAX ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #35 Marvel Comics 1987 (W) Budiansky (CA) Springer 231010N"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #41 Marvel Comics 1988 (W) Budiansky (CA) Delbo 231222U"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #8 Cvr A IDW Comics 2021 JUL210496 8A (CA) Griffith"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #53 Marvel Comics 1989 (W) Budiansky (A) Delbo (CA) Lee 210422A"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Roadtrap" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Toys Optimus Prime Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Matrix Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 & Up, 11.5"" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Blackwing" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Windblade and Scorchfire" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe protectobot Groove" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Decepticon Dragstrip Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Starscream Figure Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Speed Series Optimus Prime" on AMAZON