This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers Cyberverse Toyline Discussion Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Transformers Cyberverse 2018 Toyline Thread

Postby Carnivius_Prime » Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:34 pm

Motto: "A cunning smile is more devastating than the fiercest weapon."
Weapon: Anti-Thermal Cannon
I dunno. That 'brow' bit is still bugging me on this toy. So used to seeing Shockwave's distinctinve eye without it that it just seems like something obscuring my view of it, and it's annoying. The spider-tank mode just looks silly (like he's just running about on all fours which seems beneath Shockwave) and all that bright pink kinda helps kill any menace the character should have (this sure ain't the guy from that famously grim classic comic cover). I much prefer that Cyber Batallion Shockwave if I want to get an affordable non-MP figure of him (if i ever find him in stores here)

Nice pics though.
I have anxiety, depression and aspergers syndrome so my behaviour can be erratic. I don't mean offense to anyone. Just very picky about my Transformers collecting. You're all cool! :)

Likes: Bayverse, Marvel UK G1, Geoff Senior art, '86 movie (more for style/soundtrack rather than Star Wars plot)
Dislikes: Bumblebee movie (lousy rehashed dumb crud), TFA, G1 cartoon, IDW G1, BW/BM, MP. The entire concept of Autobot Megatron
Carnivius_Prime
City Commander
News Credits: 19

Postby Flw Studios » Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:52 pm

Does anybody know the upc number or the dpci number?
Flw Studios
Mini-Con

Postby ZeroWolf » Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:53 pm

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
Thanks for the review will, question for me is to get this version or the Ultra class...especially since he really does look like he'll fit into a rid/tav collection...
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
News Credits: 1350

Postby WreckerJack » Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:35 pm

Motto: "The complain train is leaving the station."
Weapon: Arc-Welders
That looks like a really sweet figure. I like the vibrant color plus all the details and articulation. I haven't found a Shockwave for my collection yet, so this may just be the one!
WreckerJack
Godmaster
News Credits: 295
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Endurance: 8
Courage: 7
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

Postby Autobot Roadburn » Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:01 pm

The lack of head articulation is enough to keep me away from this one, though he does look pretty good otherwise. I'll look into the larger one to add to my IDW shelf assuming he's a good height to fit - hopefully around the size of SXS Hot Flame.
Autobot Roadburn
Combiner
News Credits: 8
Buy from Autobot Roadburn on eBay
Strength: 2
Intelligence: 6
Endurance: 9
Firepower: 2

Postby -Kanrabat- » Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:31 pm

Motto: "Love it? GET IT!
It's that simple."
Weapon: Vibro-Axe
I'll be holding on for ULTRA Shockwave.
Come see my latest creation, a Galvatron Combiner using 4 SS86 Sweeps as limbs HERE!

Also, an update to my old ALL HELICOPER VICTORION!

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 95
Watch -Kanrabat- on YouTube
Buy from -Kanrabat- on eBay
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Postby william-james88 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:53 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
ZeroWolf wrote:Thanks for the review will, question for me is to get this version or the Ultra class...especially since he really does look like he'll fit into a rid/tav collection...

Fpr a RID/TAV collection, I would suggest this warrior one so that it could be the same size as the other RID/TAV toys. The ultra would be too big to go with them.

WreckerJack wrote:That looks like a really sweet figure. I like the vibrant color plus all the details and articulation. I haven't found a Shockwave for my collection yet, so this may just be the one!

For you though, I would sugest to wait for the Ultra. Its only 5$ more and would fit better in a collection where your bigger bots (like Megs and Optimus) are voyagers.

Carnivius_Prime wrote: I much prefer that Cyber Batallion Shockwave if I want to get an affordable non-MP figure of him (if i ever find him in stores here)

Nice pics though.

That cyber battalion is seriously lacking though. It has no knees or bicep swivels, something even this warrior has.

Plus, his alt mode is pretty crap:

Plus, the back isnt great

This one looks like a lean mean killing machine, and for the same price!

If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4498
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby TulioDude » Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:01 pm

Motto: "Never doubt the awesomess."
Weapon: Energo-Sword
I dont know,the Cyber Battalion looks more diffrent in alternate mode,like a more complex transformation.
Silverwing wrote:Also, I feel compelled to give the obligatory: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay:
One for each year of the Movieverse's decade strong tenure. Here's to a few more explosive years!

Here is my DeviantArt page and my Tumblr blog.
TulioDude
Gestalt
News Credits: 6
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 8
Skill: 7

Postby william-james88 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:05 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
TulioDude wrote:I dont know,the Cyber Battalion looks more diffrent in alternate mode,like a more complex transformation.

But it is basically just shockwav putting his arms in the air and lying down.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4498
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby Emerje » Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:11 pm

Motto: "Spellcheck's antithesis."
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
william-james88 wrote:
TulioDude wrote:I dont know,the Cyber Battalion looks more diffrent in alternate mode,like a more complex transformation.

And this figure is basically him walking around on all fours, the G1 figure is basically him putting his arms in the air and bending over. There's no such thing as a complex Shockwave.

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff
News Credits: 235
Alt Mode: Lobster Moose
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Courage: 10
Firepower: 3
Skill: 6

Postby Autobot Roadburn » Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:20 pm

Emerje wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

And this figure is basically him walking around on all fours, the G1 figure is basically him putting his arms in the air and bending over. There's no such thing as a complex Shockwave.

Emerje

DotM Shockwave? :KREMZEEK:
Autobot Roadburn
Combiner

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:20 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Emerje wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

Emerje
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 436
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Skill: 9

Postby Autobot Roadburn » Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:20 pm

Sabrblade wrote:
Emerje wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

Emerje

Ooh, in unison!
Autobot Roadburn
Combiner

Postby Emerje » Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:27 pm

OK, so there's one complex Shockwave out there. :lol: Can't believe I forgot the DotM version seeing as how I own two of them (original Hasbro and MtB)

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:29 pm

Arguably Prime Beast Hunters Shockwave and Animated Shockwave too, both to an extent.

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Emerje » Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:19 am

Sabrblade wrote:Arguably Prime Beast Hunters Shockwave and Animated Shockwave too, both to an extent.

Very arguably. The Animated mold, despite having four modes, doesn't do a whole lot to transition into them. The Prime mold is only a little more complex than the Cyberverse versions.

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff

Postby Carnivius_Prime » Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:22 am

william-james88 wrote:That cyber battalion is seriously lacking though. It has no knees or bicep swivels, something even this warrior has.

Plus, his alt mode is pretty crap:

This one looks like a lean mean killing machine, and for the same price!

I dunno. The Battalion one just LOOKS more like the kind of Shockwave figure I want in robot mode. This Cyberverse one does not. I don't like the styling and shapes of this one at all (and that stupid brow annoys me more and more. it gets in the way of what it supposed to be a creepy menacing emotionless eye). And I'd take that spaceship thingy (which looks at least something like his old spacegun mode) over the goofy 'spider-tank' any day.

Maybe War for Cybertron will finally produce a high quality affordable voyager G1 Shockwave (although by the aesthetics shown in other figures it'll probably have a ton of unnecessary detailing. I like SOME on my G1-ish figures rather than overly smooth plain cartoon style but not like someone went crazy with an Etch-a-Sketch)

This Shockwave wouldn't put up with walking around on all fours and having bright pink highlights. :P
I have anxiety, depression and aspergers syndrome so my behaviour can be erratic. I don't mean offense to anyone. Just very picky about my Transformers collecting. You're all cool! :)

Likes: Bayverse, Marvel UK G1, Geoff Senior art, '86 movie (more for style/soundtrack rather than Star Wars plot)
Dislikes: Bumblebee movie (lousy rehashed dumb crud), TFA, G1 cartoon, IDW G1, BW/BM, MP. The entire concept of Autobot Megatron
Carnivius_Prime
City Commander

Postby ZeroWolf » Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:30 am

@will okay then, warrior it is :-) might be able to find that easy enough, though the shops around me are unreliable :-?
ZeroWolf
News Admin

Postby ZeroWolf » Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:22 am

ZeroWolf
News Admin

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:22 am

Carnivius_Prime wrote:This Shockwave wouldn't put up with walking around on all fours and having bright pink highlights. :P
Indeed. He just puts up with having his debut body entirely bright pink. :P

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby DeathReviews » Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:50 am

Motto: "No matter where you go, always remember, I'm right behind you!

https://www.youtube.com/c/DeathReviews"
I may wind up getting him just because I'm a fan of Shockwave, but I agree with many here. The Toy Story style "Mr. Angry Eye" just isn't doing it for me. And I'm not going to cop out and praise the alt mode as being 'elegant and brilliant in its simplicity'. No - that's got to be the laziest transformation I've ever seen. You can turn ANY transformer into a 'spider tank' if all you do is prostrate the robot mode on all fours. Ooooh hey look - my Bumblebee is a triple changer! Look! A 'spider tank'!
"No matter where you go or what you do, always remember, I'm right behind you!" - Death

Click - Like - Subscribe - Awesome!
DeathReviews
Brainmaster
News Credits: 30
Watch DeathReviews on YouTube
Strength: ???
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: ???
Endurance: Infinity
Skill: ???

Postby -Kanrabat- » Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:31 am

Motto: "Love it? GET IT!
It's that simple."
Weapon: Vibro-Axe
DeathReviews wrote:I may wind up getting him just because I'm a fan of Shockwave, but I agree with many here. The Toy Story style "Mr. Angry Eye" just isn't doing it for me. And I'm not going to cop out and praise the alt mode as being 'elegant and brilliant in its simplicity'. No - that's got to be the laziest transformation I've ever seen. You can turn ANY transformer into a 'spider tank' if all you do is prostrate the robot mode on all fours. Ooooh hey look - my Bumblebee is a triple changer! Look! A 'spider tank'!

That would have put the engeneering of Shockwave over it's planned budget, but it would have completed the transformation if his legs and arms actually split in two like BM Blackarachnia. Thus being a TRUE spider tank.

Come see my latest creation, a Galvatron Combiner using 4 SS86 Sweeps as limbs HERE!

Also, an update to my old ALL HELICOPER VICTORION!

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 95
Watch -Kanrabat- on YouTube
Buy from -Kanrabat- on eBay
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Skill: N/A

Postby Evil Eye » Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:01 am

Motto: "Don't be a goddamn coward."
Weapon: Acid Spray Gun
Honestly I'd be cool with four legs if the transformation did a bit more to change the overall shape beyond "Shockwave doing Yoga". Like, there's some awesome quadrupedal spider tanks out there (Vanquish's Argus, Halo's Scarab, Cybertron Scrapmetal etc). It's a cool concept but even the Ultra IMO is a bit weak in terms of execution.

THAT SAID I do like the idea of Shockwave being a spider tank in a line with a better budget; I heard we're getting a Leader Shockwave in Siege/WFC, perhaps have him pull an Ultra Magnus with a Voyager core robot that turns into a "satellite cannon" like the CW Legends, which in turn forms the turret of a giant spider tank, which itself forms super mode armour in robot mode.
Ha ha Transformers go brrrrr
Evil Eye
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 12
Alt Mode: F-4 Phantom II
Intelligence: 8
Firepower: 6

Postby Carnivius_Prime » Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:47 am

Sabrblade wrote:
Carnivius_Prime wrote:This Shockwave wouldn't put up with walking around on all fours and having bright pink highlights. :P
Indeed. He just puts up with having his debut body entirely bright pink. :P

That's more of a Fuchsia Rose colour and limitations of the US comic colouring of the time though so it gets a pass. And to be fair he did just take down all the Autobots with one blast so he can wear any damn colour he likes. Man, Shockwave in the Marvel Comics (both in US and UK stories) was way more badass than the cartoon counterpart. An actual threat. :)

Carnivius_Prime
City Commander

Postby DeathReviews » Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:18 pm

Motto: "No matter where you go, always remember, I'm right behind you!

https://www.youtube.com/c/DeathReviews"

Here's how it should really have been:
"No matter where you go or what you do, always remember, I'm right behind you!" - Death

Click - Like - Subscribe - Awesome!
DeathReviews
Brainmaster
News Credits: 30
Watch DeathReviews on YouTube
Strength: ???
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: ???
Endurance: Infinity
Skill: ???

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-GS25 TRANSMUTATE Transformers Generations Selects Deluxe Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-GS25 TRANSMUTA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ANTAGONY Transformers Legacy Generations Selects Voyager 2023 New"
ANTAGONY Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VECTOR PRIME METALHAWK Transformers Power Primes Prime Master POTP 2017 New"
VECTOR PRIME METAL ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BLURR + HYPERFIRE Transformers Titans Return Deluxe complete Hasbro 2016 231208V"
BLURR + HYPERFIRE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "PROWL Transformers Universe Spy Changer complete Hasbro 2005 230821A"
PROWL Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HIGHBROW + XORT Transformers Titans Return Deluxe complete Hasbro 2016 231208U"
HIGHBROW + XORT Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HOT ROD + FIREDRIVE Transformers Titans Return Deluxe complete 2016 231208F"
HOT ROD + FIREDRIV ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "RATCHET Transformers Universe Deluxe complete Machine Robot Rescue 2003 230830A"
RATCHET Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MEGATRON Transformers Generations Alt-Modes Series 1 Hasbro 2016"
MEGATRON Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SKYWARP Transformers Combiner Wars Legends Class complete Hasbro 2015 230903A"
SKYWARP Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MAGNIFICUS Transformers Legacy Deluxe Generations Selects Hasbro 2023 New"
MAGNIFICUS Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HARDHEAD + FUROS Transformers Titans Return Deluxe complete + more 2016 231208X"
HARDHEAD + FUROS T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCOURGE + FRACAS Transformers Titans Return Deluxe complete Hasbro 2016 230427A"
SCOURGE + FRACAS T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Classics Universe Animated Legends 2008 230615A"
OPTIMUS PRIME Tran ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Generations Exclusive Cyber Battalion Class Shockwave Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 08 Leader Class Movie 1 Decepticon Blackout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Misfire and Aimless" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 09 Voyager Class Movie 2 Thundercracker" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Titans Return Legends Class Autobot Cosmos" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Bumblebee Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Decepticon Vortex(Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Decepticon Octone and Murk" on AMAZON