This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers Cyberverse Toyline Discussion Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Transformers Cyberverse 2018 Toyline Thread

Postby Carnivius_Prime » Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:32 pm

Motto: "A cunning smile is more devastating than the fiercest weapon."
Weapon: Anti-Thermal Cannon
DeathReviews wrote:Here's how it should really have been:

While much more accurate it's probably a less eye-catching statement to display on a cover. :P
I have anxiety, depression and aspergers syndrome so my behaviour can be erratic. I don't mean offense to anyone. Just very picky about my Transformers collecting. You're all cool! :)

Likes: Bayverse, Marvel UK G1, Geoff Senior art, '86 movie (more for style/soundtrack rather than Star Wars plot)
Dislikes: Bumblebee movie (lousy rehashed dumb crud), TFA, G1 cartoon, IDW G1, BW/BM, MP. The entire concept of Autobot Megatron
Carnivius_Prime
City Commander
News Credits: 19

Postby Ultra Markus » Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:56 pm

Motto: "“You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain.” - Harvey Dent in The Dark Knight"
Weapon: 16 Cannons
"Plus, his alt mode is pretty crap"
uh lets see an alt mode that looks like a spaceship vs a spider tank thing
we all know the clear winner is the spaceship >:oP
Ultra Markus
Gestalt
Alt Mode: the biggest baddest thing ever
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Postby william-james88 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:38 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
Ultra Markus wrote:"Plus, his alt mode is pretty crap"

Doesn't look lat ke much of a spaceship to me. And the other isn't great either, I Just meant that I don't find the cyber battalion to be so obviously better.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4468
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby Ultra Markus » Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:51 pm

Motto: "“You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain.” - Harvey Dent in The Dark Knight"
william-james88 wrote:

Doesn't look lat ke much of a spaceship to me. And the other isn't great either, I Just meant that I don't find the cyber battalion to be so obviously better.
at least it looks like something
Like an effort was put into making it into a ship
for the cyberversef I just think they got lazy on the altmode for a decent looking robot
Better-Flexibility.jpg
Ultra Markus
Gestalt

Postby Carnivius_Prime » Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:44 pm

Motto: "A cunning smile is more devastating than the fiercest weapon."
Weapon: Anti-Thermal Cannon
william-james88 wrote:

I do though. Even just from the design of the robot mode. I don't like the Cyberverse one at all. Yeah, knee joints would be nice but I'd still far prefer seeing the Battalion one standing on my shelf than the Cyberverse figure. There's way too many aesthetic and design choices I dislike about the Cyberverse Shocky wheras the Battalion is a decent sized fairly classic look of the character that could suffice until something better comes along of which is has not yet done so (not including MP cos that's different scale and silly monies)

Ultra Markus wrote:Like an effort was put into making it into a ship
for the cyberversef I just think they got lazy on the altmode for a decent looking robot
Better-Flexibility.jpg

Reminds me of the Exorcist (which I always felt was a trashy film even when I was a kid)
I have anxiety, depression and aspergers syndrome so my behaviour can be erratic. I don't mean offense to anyone. Just very picky about my Transformers collecting. You're all cool! :)

Likes: Bayverse, Marvel UK G1, Geoff Senior art, '86 movie (more for style/soundtrack rather than Star Wars plot)
Dislikes: Bumblebee movie (lousy rehashed dumb crud), TFA, G1 cartoon, IDW G1, BW/BM, MP. The entire concept of Autobot Megatron
Carnivius_Prime
City Commander
News Credits: 19

Postby TulioDude » Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:17 pm

Motto: "Never doubt the awesomess."
Weapon: Energo-Sword
Sorry william-james88,but I agree with the other guys on this topic.There's no way you will get me to agree that Cyberverse is better than the Cyber Battalion one.

I prfer the simple spaceship resembling his G1 gun mode,than a walking on all fours mode.

I dont think its the worst toy ever,but the way you trash the Cyber battalion is baffling to me.
Silverwing wrote:Also, I feel compelled to give the obligatory: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay:
One for each year of the Movieverse's decade strong tenure. Here's to a few more explosive years!

Here is my DeviantArt page and my Tumblr blog.
TulioDude
Gestalt
News Credits: 6
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Endurance: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 8
Skill: 7

Postby william-james88 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:48 pm

TulioDude wrote:Sorry william-james88,but I agree with the other guys on this topic.There's no way you will get me to agree that Cyberverse is better than the Cyber Battalion one.

I prfer the simple spaceship resembling his G1 gun mode,than a walking on all fours mode.

I dont think its the worst toy ever,but the way you trash the Cyber battalion is baffling to me.

Have you guys handled the cyber battalion toys? Or tried posing them? That line is incredibly lacking. For the same price, we get the Ultra shockwave which seems to have as much quality as the Prime Voyager from a few years back with similar articulation. I am equally baffled by those preffering a budget line upscaled toy specifically made for developping countries.

Plus, looking at the alt mode, neither are great, but at least the exposed limbs for cyberverse are the limbs of the tank rather than the arms in the cyber battalion doing nothing.

I also find it incredibly belittling and immature of people in this thread to present hyperbolic images of people in weird poses when the alt mode (while admittedly not the best) is an actual legit thing

And one we already had in Transformers

I am not saying this toy is great, but it will do the job fine and I think it will do a better job than the cyber battalion if only due to the better articulation and less hollow/light feel

You guys can be the judge when you get them in hand. In any case, I already made my top 5 Shockwave list and neither seem good enough to replace any entries.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,

william-james88
News Staff

Postby ZeroWolf » Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:22 am

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
To me, the cyber battalion seems only good enough for static poses while you got more posing options with cyberverse. I've made my choice and it's each to their own but a spider tank isn't bad.
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
News Credits: 1350

Postby -Kanrabat- » Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:01 am

Motto: "Love it? GET IT!
It's that simple."
Weapon: Vibro-Axe
ZeroWolf wrote:To me, the cyber battalion seems only good enough for static poses while you got more posing options with cyberverse. I've made my choice and it's each to their own but a spider tank isn't bad.

I see it as some sort of BEAST WARS Shockwave. When transforming, he reuse his limbs for another form and function. And I'm pretty fine with it. Especially for the Ultra.
Come see my latest creation, a Galvatron Combiner using 4 SS86 Sweeps as limbs

Also, an update to my old ALL HELICOPER VICTORION!

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 95
Watch -Kanrabat- on YouTube
Buy from -Kanrabat- on eBay
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:40 pm

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
A minor bump with a request: with the mixed amazon listings partially decyphered, can anyone provide me with the product codes of the toys already released?
The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3

Looking for:
- TR Furos (Hardhead's head) and Crashbash (lost him :()
- PotP Punch head
- TR Galvatron right arm (the gun one)
- CW Brake-Neck/UW Wildrider, CW Offroad
- TR Twinferno & Grotusque
- Greenlight, Lancer and PotP Elita-1 (plus repro Victorion hands and feet?)
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 241
Strength: 5
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Skill: 5

Postby william-james88 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:49 pm

JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:A minor bump with a request: with the mixed amazon listings partially decyphered, can anyone provide me with the product codes of the toys already released?

Would those be on the package itself?

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:55 pm

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
william-james88 wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:A minor bump with a request: with the mixed amazon listings partially decyphered, can anyone provide me with the product codes of the toys already released?

Usually near the bar code on the 4-language packages. I can't seem to spot them on the toys however.
The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3

Looking for:
- TR Furos (Hardhead's head) and Crashbash (lost him :()
- PotP Punch head
- TR Galvatron right arm (the gun one)
- CW Brake-Neck/UW Wildrider, CW Offroad
- TR Twinferno & Grotusque
- Greenlight, Lancer and PotP Elita-1 (plus repro Victorion hands and feet?)
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 241
Strength: 5
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Skill: 5

Postby william-james88 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:02 pm

JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

Usually near the bar code on the 4-language packages. I can't seem to spot them on the toys however.

Cyberverse Scout Megatron: E1895/E1883 Asst
Cyberverse Scout Windblade: E1896/E1883 Asst

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Va'al » Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:04 pm

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Pictorial Review for Transformers Cyberverse Scout Megatron

Postby william-james88 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:32 pm

At the very first reveal of the Cyberverse toyline, Scout Megatron seemed a winner. Especially since he seemed like a better option at first for a Scout sized G1 Megatron than the simplistic Authentics version.

However, any excitement soon died down when we realized something several fans are still coming to terms with: he does not fully transform. In fact none of the scout class Transformers in this line transform fully. They go from robot to mid transformation. But it could work right? Maybe? Well let's see.

So firstly, looking at the robot mode I will admit that it looks fine. He looks the part and there is some paint to convey the details, but that's basically it in terms of positives. The articulation is lacking since the all you get are the 4 articulation points of the most basic Stars Wars figures. So only a static pose works here.

While fans have called these action masters (for reasons we will get into soon), I think the best comparison would be to the Jumpstarters since they are also very limited in articulation and are centered around a gimmick with an overly simple transformation that doesn't result in anything I would call a decent alt mode.

Now, for "transformation", all you do is have him in a sitting pose and unfold the legs and there you go!

What I find saddest of all here is that the tank treads don't even look good. It turns out the tank tread detail we see in robot mode is only for the robot mode and the actual tank treads are on the flip side, which looks like inner bot detail. I was wondering if there was a way to rotate the flap and see the other side instead, which looks more the part, but no.

You do get an action feature where you can turn the torso, which locks, and then squeeze his tank treads to have him spin and flip out his energy mace. I will admit, it works fine. If you know what you are getting into, then this toy does the job it promises to do (flip out a mace) but I don't see why that would be more important for a Transformers toy to do than actually transform.

At least the package art makes this look kinda cool:

In the end, I do not recommend this toy, especially not when it is about $10 ($4-$5 would make more sense for how limiting the play options are). Your young kids are better off with one steps, which at least give them a Transformers experience, no matter how simple, where you at least get the notion of two toys in one.

william-james88
News Staff

Postby X3ROhour » Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:55 pm

Motto: ""I WILL CUDDLE YOUR SOUL!!""
Weapon: Three-Bladed Knife
weak sauce
sad, garbage, barely a transformer
heck,
its barely a friggin Happy Meal toy.

the whole line seems steeped in warm crap.

usually i hold my judgement for more input and info,
but...
COME ON!!!!

on the upside...
my wallet can take a breather
Latest FIGS (01/25-03/24) MMC SPRINGER! Earthspark NIGHTSHADE! Legacy Evo STRONGARM, SHADOW STRIKER, BOMBSHELL & DETRITUS!!
X3ROhour
City Commander
News Credits: 2
Buy from X3ROhour on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal WereBat to Starfighter Triplechanger
Strength: 8
Speed: 1
Endurance: 5
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: Infinity

Postby DISCHARGE » Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:26 pm

Motto: "AnTagony IS the PitS. MoVe ALonG WoRMs. THis WarS NOT gOnNa WIN iTSelf!"
Weapon: Front-Mounted Anti-Matter Projector
0724181747_Film1.jpg

Seeing them in person, they are indeed covered in weak sauce
DISCHARGE
City Commander
News Credits: 3
Alt Mode: Variable Weapon Interface - Stationary and Mobile

Postby Ultra Markus » Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:24 am

Z3ROhour wrote:weak sauce
heck,

the whole line seems steeped in warm crap.

usually i hold my judgement for more input and info,
but...
COME ON!!!!

on the upside...
my wallet can take a breather

happymeal toy was my first thought
i dont think happymeal toys are this horrible
as for gimmick all i see is a sad attempt at one
hasbro execs must think kids are stupid to by into a transformer that half transforms
this is below even 1 or 2 step transformers this is like half step
and its an insult to jumpsarters to even try to compare it
Ultra Markus
Gestalt

Postby Ultra Markus » Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:37 am

william-james88 wrote:
TulioDude wrote:Sorry william-james88,but I agree with the other guys on this topic.There's no way you will get me to agree that Cyberverse is better than the Cyber Battalion one.

Have you guys handled the cyber battalion toys? Or tried posing them? That line is incredibly lacking. For the same price, we get the Ultra shockwave which seems to have as much quality as the Prime Voyager from a few years back with similar articulation. I am equally baffled by those preffering a budget line upscaled toy specifically made for developping countries.

Plus, looking at the alt mode, neither are great, but at least the exposed limbs for cyberverse are the limbs of the tank rather than the arms in the cyber battalion doing nothing.

I also find it incredibly belittling and immature of people in this thread to present hyperbolic images of people in weird poses when the alt mode (while admittedly not the best) is an actual legit thing

And one we already had in Transformers

I am not saying this toy is great, but it will do the job fine and I think it will do a better job than the cyber battalion if only due to the better articulation and less hollow/light feel

You guys can be the judge when you get them in hand. In any case, I already made my top 5 Shockwave list and neither seem good enough to replace any entries.

if they made that shockwave look like any of those sure, but it doesnt come close
instead it barely transforms into an attempt at one
Ultra Markus
Gestalt

Postby Nexus Knight » Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:01 am

Motto: ""I fight for the honor of those whom the Decepticons crush under their pathetic heel.""
Weapon: Star Saber Sword
heck,

Having once owned the entire line of the transforming Transformers: Animated Happy Meal toys, they had more play value than what I see here.
Favorite quotes from The Transformers: The Movie-

"Ride in style!" Hot Rod (ever humble)

"Such heroic nonsense" Megatron

"I have better things to do tonight than die" Springer

"Till the day that all are one" Optimus Prime

"I belong to no one!" Megatron

"This is bad comedy" Galvatron (seeing Starscream's last bid for control)

"Ba wee gra na weep nini bong" Universal Greeting

"Till all are one" Rodimus Prime
Nexus Knight
Combiner
News Credits: 11
Alt Mode: Arsonist SnowCat and Stargazer
Speed: 5
Endurance: 6
Courage: 7
Firepower: 5
Skill: 9

Postby -Kanrabat- » Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:45 am

Motto: "Love it? GET IT!
It's that simple."
Weapon: Vibro-Axe
I may just buy the Ultra Shockwave from this whole line.
Come see my latest creation, a Galvatron Combiner using 4 SS86 Sweeps as limbs

Also, an update to my old ALL HELICOPER VICTORION!

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 95
Watch -Kanrabat- on YouTube
Buy from -Kanrabat- on eBay
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Postby ZeroWolf » Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:53 am

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
Thanks will for taking one for the team and actually buying one of the scout class (you did only buy one right?) I think the scouts are a step backwards but if kids buy them, what can we do? Though if kids don't buy them then maybe the design team will go back to the drawing board and either just make the scouts more affordable fully transforming figures (for the right price simplistic transformations would be acceptable)
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
News Credits: 1350

Postby Giant Purple Griffin » Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:21 am

Motto: "Beware of my hair!"
Weapon: Photon Lasers
I assumed the half-transformed battle mode was just that, not that it was the only alt-mode. I'm usually pretty easy to please, but I just don't get the thought process behind these at all.
Haslab, please make me.
Giant Purple Griffin
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 3
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 1
Endurance: 6
Firepower: 8

Postby william-james88 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:52 am

Giant Purple Griffin wrote:I assumed the half-transformed battle mode was just that, not that it was the only alt-mode. I'm usually pretty easy to please, but I just don't get the thought process behind these at all.

Yeah, many of us assumed that, but sadly its not the case for any of these scout figures. They even made art for that funky alt mode:

ZeroWolf wrote:Thanks will for taking one for the team and actually buying one of the scout class (you did only buy one right?)

Yes dont worry, its the only one i got. Curiosity got the better of me.

Nexus Knight wrote:
Having once owned the entire line of the transforming Transformers: Animated Happy Meal toys, they had more play value than what I see here.

They do. Their robot modes arent as nice but they fully transform and have a wind up mechanism.

However, that is long ago and current happy meal toys are just static bricks with no playability. I would be happy getting this Megatron in a happy meal (but I wouldnt want it from anywhere else).

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Nathaniel Prime » Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:16 pm

Motto: "Scale is also like Starscream in the G1 movie in that it's bad comedy."
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
Nexus Knight wrote:
heck,

I own them all too, and they are alot more fun. But someone said that they had windup mechanisms, and I will say that they don't. The french ones do, but not the american ones that I have
One's red one's blue sometimes I want to ask god why he's played this cruel joke on us
Nathaniel Prime
Gestalt Team Leader
News Credits: 56
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Tank
Endurance: 9
Courage: 10+
Skill: 9

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Armada HOT SHOT Transformers Legacy Evolution Deluxe Class Hasbro 2023 New"
Armada HOT SHOT Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHATTER Transformers Bumblebee Movie Energon Igniters Power Plus Series 2018 New"
SHATTER Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers ARMADA #1 Dreamwave Comics DW 2002 (W) Sarracini (A/CA) Raiz"
Transformers ARMAD ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Nitro Series OPTIMUS PRIME Energon Igniters Transformers Bumblebee Hasbro NEW"
Nitro Series OPTIM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATTLE FOR ENERGON Transformers Kre-o set Optimus Prime + Megatron 2012 New"
BATTLE FOR ENERGON ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CRUELLOCK Transformers Energon Class complete Hasbro 2004 230427B"
CRUELLOCK Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BLURR + Mini-con INCINERATOR Transformers Armada Super-Con complete 2002 190530a"
NEW!
BLURR + Mini-con I ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STRONGARM Transformers Energon Class + instructions + comic Hasbro 2004 230427B"
STRONGARM Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STARSCREAM Transformers Armada McDonald's Happy Meal Fast Food 2002 230719A"
NEW!
STARSCREAM Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DARK ENERGON SHOCKWAVE Transformers Cyberverse Tiny Turbo Changers Series 4 2020"
DARK ENERGON SHOCK ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers Armada Chinese 13 disc DVD set (Includes all 52 episodes) cartoon"
Transformers Armad ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Mini-Con SURESHOCK Transformers Energon complete 2004 Perceptor Street Action"
Mini-Con SURESHOCK ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers ENERGON #22 Dreamwave Comics DW 2004 (W) Furman (CA) Ng (A) Guidi"
Transformers ENERG ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BACKSTOP Transformers Cybertron Scout complete Hasbro 2005 220813A"
BACKSTOP Transform ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #346 - Gas Station Jamboree
Twincast / Podcast #346:
"Gas Station Jamboree"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 23rd, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Tailgate" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Moonracer" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Energon Igniters Nitro Bumblebee Action Figure - Included Core Powers Driving Action - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 7-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Slug" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 03 Deluxe Class Movie 3 Crowbar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Voyager Decepticon Nitro" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Skywarp Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Sunstreaker Figure" on AMAZON