Transformers Cyberverse 2018 Toyline Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Transformers Cyberverse 2018 Toyline Thread

Postby -Kanrabat- » Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:20 pm

Motto: "Love it? GET IT!
It's that simple."
Weapon: Mace
chuckdawg1999 wrote:45 minute youtube vids will always give you more info than a pictorial review. Also I've yet to see a 45 minute review on anything from Cyberverse, not that I've looked too closely

It's possible. I saw it happen on other simple toys. A LOUD 5 minutes intro. 20 minutes of ranting about the story, the character, ect. 10 minutes screwing around the box and every single details. 5 minutes on the actual toy. 5 last minutes talking about sponsors, e-begging, and filler time to click other videos that pop on screen.

BAM! 45 minutes.
♥♥♥ Love is in the air ♥♥♥

-Kanrabat-
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 19
Buy from -Kanrabat- on eBay
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Postby CobraKai » Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:28 pm

Don’t forget the 5-10 minutes touching on their personal lives or that they’re sick.
CobraKai
Mini-Con

Postby -Kanrabat- » Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:35 pm

It's that simple."
CobraKai wrote:Don’t forget the 5-10 minutes touching on their personal lives or that they’re sick.

Oh yeah, a classic. And when it's time to show how to transform the toy, the only thing we see are the reviewer's hands. :lol:

-Kanrabat-
Matrix Keeper

Postby CobraKai » Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:38 am

AHAHAHAHAHAHA. Another point for pictorial reviews.
CobraKai
Mini-Con

New Promo Art and Images for Japanese Release of Transformers Cyberverse

Postby Stargrave » Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:40 am

Motto: "It’s all the in the reflexes"
Weapon: Glass Gas Gun
Thanks to postings to the Takara Tomy Twitter via the Takara Tomy Mall we have some new images of the promo art for the first wave of Cyberverse toys hitting Japan! The show and the toyline are just debuting so we're rather ahead of the game elsewhere in the world, but the character art appears to be brand new and injects a lot of kinetic energy into the characters.

Any fans of the animation style of the cartoon and toy packaging will surely enjoy what they've done here. We've included the translated Twitter summary for each character which lists their respective voice actors in the Japanese dub.

Enjoy the images and as always share your view with the Seibertron crew in the forums!

Optimus Prime's translated description:
"\ \ Cyber Bath first release July 13 / "Optimus Prime" played by Takehito Koyasu can reproduce the proof of the leader, the deadly matrix attack gimmick that is activated by rotating the matrix (° ꒳ °) no"

Windblade's translated description:
"\ The first server Berth will be released July 13 / Autobot female warrior "Windblade" played by Atsushi Yuki transforms from jet to robot (= Ω ω)) Target age is over 5 years old and it is a specification that can be transformed even by your child!"

From Bumblebee's translated description:
"The first BBS is released on July 13. The Bumblebee, played by Ryohei Kimura, has a gimmick that can activate the Stinger Sword of its Special Move in both vehicle and robot modes. As it is above, it is a specification that even a child like that can transform it! "

Megatron's translated summary:
"\ Ebi fried rice! / "Megatron" of Cyberverse series played by Shigeru Chiba will be released on July 13th tomorrow. Chiba TRON is still alive as ever in Cyberverse ... (´-` )"

And at last we have Starscream's summary:
"\ \ Cyber Bath first release July 13 / New leader of the self-proclaimed Decepticon played by Tsuruoka Satoshi "Star Scream" transforms from a jet to a robot (· ᄇ ·) و 対 象 Target age 5 years or older Therefore, it is a specification that even a child like that can transform it!"

Stargrave
News Staff
News Credits: 113
Alt Mode: A left leg
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Courage: 8
Firepower: 4
Skill: 2

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:22 am

Motto: "It's not done right if it's not done well."
Weapon: Saber Blade
The Cyberverse cartoon began airing in Japan back on April 27. As of May 24, eight episodes have aired so far.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 293
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Postby chuckdawg1999 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:56 am

Motto: "The man, the myth, the legend... yeah right."
Is it me or do the Japanese stock photos look different, like the toys have a different paint job?
chuckdawg1999
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 195
Watch chuckdawg1999 on YouTube
Buy from chuckdawg1999 on eBay
Strength: 10
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10
Skill: 10

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:59 am

chuckdawg1999 wrote:Is it me or do the Japanese stock photos look different, like the toys have a different paint job?
It's the sharp cleanliness of the lighting and photography.

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby -Kanrabat- » Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:03 am

It's that simple."
Sabrblade wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:Is it me or do the Japanese stock photos look different, like the toys have a different paint job?

Yup.
Unless it's some sort of special exclusive Takara edition, the days of the "superior Takara paint job" are gone.

Glad that Hasbro decided to give us the "Takara paint" (while increasing the prices) instead of Takara giving the Japanese the "Hasbro paint". At least we no longer have to import anything anymore in order to have the "superior paint".

-Kanrabat-
Matrix Keeper

Postby Skritz » Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:10 am

Huh, Takehito 'Dio Brando' Koyasu back into an Optimus role! That's one I didn't expect. He was Optimus Primal. :lol:
Skritz
Godmaster

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:12 am

Skritz wrote:Huh, Takehito 'Dio Brando' Koyasu back into an Optimus role! That's one I didn't expect. He was Optimus Primal. :lol:
It might have been mentioned in the cartoon thread (this is the toyline thread), but I can't recall without double-checking.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby ZeldaTheSwordsman » Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:24 pm

Motto: "It's unnerving and insulting when people in a toy-based fandom, whatever it is, make statements to the effect that general consumers and fans of lesser financial means should be deprived entirely of the ability to partake of the primary market."
Weapon: Galaxial Rocket Launcher
-Kanrabat- wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

Yup.
Unless it's some sort of special exclusive Takara edition, the days of the "superior Takara paint job" are gone.

Glad that Hasbro decided to give us the "Takara paint" (while increasing the prices) instead of Takara giving the Japanese the "Hasbro paint". At least we no longer have to import anything anymore in order to have the "superior paint".

Honestly, in a lot of cases I don't think the "superior Takara deco" was better enough to be worth the fuss or the extra cost and bother.
WANT:
Energon Optimus digger, firetruck, & copter drones; super mode head
Ultra-class Optimus Primal missiles, left back panel, mutant mask
Combiner Wars Dead End or Offroad HFG, Breakdown HFG
Armada Thundercracker missile
Armada Optimus front left trailer strut, cheekguards
ROTF Jetfire "JTFR" Panels
Cybertron Safeguard
RID Ultra Magnus missiles
Vector Prime Cyber Key
Armada Jolt, Thunderclash, Clench
RID Galvatron foot/dragon head, 1x launcher/sword hilt
ZeldaTheSwordsman
Gestalt

Postby -Kanrabat- » Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:35 pm

It's that simple."
ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:Honestly, in a lot of cases I don't think the "superior Takara deco" was better enough to be worth the fuss or the extra cost and bother.

It was a case-by-case basis. Most of the times, the Takara were better. Especially for the Henkei line. But sometimes, the Hasbro were the superior one. Especially for the TF Prime line when Takara's had NO paint and only stickers. Animated was debatable. Takara's were super painted, but had that super shiny color. Making them less cartoon accurate.

No matter superior or inferior, one would had to pay at the very minimum double or triple the Hasbro price for the Takara one factoring shipping. At least now, there's no longer any hard choices to make.

-Kanrabat-
Matrix Keeper

Postby ZeldaTheSwordsman » Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:58 pm

Motto: "It's unnerving and insulting when people in a toy-based fandom, whatever it is, make statements to the effect that general consumers and fans of lesser financial means should be deprived entirely of the ability to partake of the primary market."
Weapon: Galaxial Rocket Launcher
-Kanrabat- wrote:
ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:Honestly, in a lot of cases I don't think the "superior Takara deco" was better enough to be worth the fuss or the extra cost and bother.

It was a case-by-case basis. Most of the times, the Takara were better. Especially for the Henkei line. But sometimes, the Hasbro were the superior one. Especially for the TF Prime line when Takara's had NO paint and only stickers. Animated was debatable. Takara's were super painted, but had that super shiny color. Making them less cartoon accurate.

No matter superior or inferior, one would had to pay at the very minimum double or triple the Hasbro price for the Takara one factoring shipping. At least now, there's no longer any hard choices to make.

Evidently I didn't emphasize a certain key word properly. In a lot of the cases where the Takara deco was the better one, I don't think it was so amazingly better as to be worth all the fuss or going to extra cost and trouble to import.
WANT:
Energon Optimus digger, firetruck, & copter drones; super mode head
Ultra-class Optimus Primal missiles, left back panel, mutant mask
Combiner Wars Dead End or Offroad HFG, Breakdown HFG
Armada Thundercracker missile
Armada Optimus front left trailer strut, cheekguards
ROTF Jetfire "JTFR" Panels
Cybertron Safeguard
RID Ultra Magnus missiles
Vector Prime Cyber Key
Armada Jolt, Thunderclash, Clench
RID Galvatron foot/dragon head, 1x launcher/sword hilt
ZeldaTheSwordsman
Gestalt

Postby thedistinctroom » Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:54 pm

Motto: "It took fourteen galactic convergences to get an echo"
Weapon: Shockwave Rifle
Ooops. Grimlock is depicted with a red chest, instead of a yellow one. He's on the artwork for Megatron. Lower left-hand side of image.
thedistinctroom
Transmetal Warrior
Alt Mode: Enormous Bacteria
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Endurance: 8
Courage: 9
Firepower: 8

Postby -Kanrabat- » Sun Jul 14, 2019 2:43 pm

It's that simple."
ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:Evidently I didn't emphasize a certain key word properly. In a lot of the cases where the Takara deco was the better one, I don't think it was so amazingly better as to be worth all the fuss or going to extra cost and trouble to import.

On my end, I should have added:
"Whenever it was worth it paying double, triple, or quadruple the usual price for better paint was up to the buyer."

For me it was not worth it 90% of the time.

-Kanrabat-
Matrix Keeper

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Jul 14, 2019 4:16 pm

thedistinctroom wrote:Ooops. Grimlock is depicted with a red chest, instead of a yellow one. He's on the artwork for Megatron. Lower left-hand side of image.
Or it could be a generic, who simply reuses Grimlock's character model, albeit recolored.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby william-james88 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 4:59 pm

Sabrblade wrote:
thedistinctroom wrote:Ooops. Grimlock is depicted with a red chest, instead of a yellow one. He's on the artwork for Megatron. Lower left-hand side of image.
Or it could be a generic, who simply reuses Grimlock's character model, albeit recolored.

Speaking if which, was the gladiator fighting megatron in the begining of the Megatron is my Hero episode a generic using Grimlock's chatacter model?
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Admin
News Credits: 2439
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:23 pm

william-james88 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

Speaking if which, was the gladiator fighting megatron in the begining of the Megatron is my Hero episode a generic using Grimlock's chatacter model?
Double-checking, indeed it is!

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby william-james88 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:17 pm

Sabrblade wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

Double-checking, indeed it is!

So there you go, thats the scene the art is referencing, with accurate deco and all.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Admin
News Credits: 2439
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Previous

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Cindersaur" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Sinnertwin" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Twin Twist and Flameout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Outback" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Chop Shop Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 01 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition "Year of the Goat" Exclusive Masterpiece Soundwave by Hasbro" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Liege Maximo Prime Master" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #226 - Fire in the Sky
Twincast / Podcast #226:
"Fire in the Sky"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, July 7th, 2019

New Items on eBay

Buy "Transformers AoE SDCC Dinobots Grimlock Strafe Slug Snarl" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Age of Extinction Hot Shot" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers The Loyal Subjects 1/48 Hound Wave 3 Action Vinyl Chase Figure" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Generations War for Cybertron Siege 35th Anniversary Bluestreak NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers 4 Age of Extinction  FIRST EDITION OPTIMUS PRIME Kids Toys Hot" on EBAY
Buy "Playskool Mr Potato Head Transformers Mixable Mashable Heroes Starscream New MOC" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Robots in Disguise Soundwave with Laserbeak" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS AGE OF EXTINCTION HOT SHOT, Generations Deluxe 2014" on EBAY