Transformers Cyberverse Toyline Discussion Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Transformers Cyberverse Toyline Discussion Thread

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:20 pm

Motto: "It's not done right if it's not done well."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Rogue-Primal wrote:Lot of things are being sacrificed in this series. Looks like budget shortage or emphasis on gimmicks

wildwheel: no storage for hat.

warrior optimus: axe is too noticeable and those legs are chunky in truck mode

electronic bunblebee: are we seeing a return of the supreme cheetor mess, unnecessary light and barely stands?

As for electronics and foldup armor, ill pass, But i would love to own Arcee, she looks decent.
Just go for the Deluxes, then.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 335
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Postby Rogue-Primal » Sun Aug 02, 2020 7:55 am

Motto: "I hate Decepticons but Autobot traitors are the worst."
Weapon: Particle Beam Rifle
Sabrblade wrote:Just go for the Deluxes, then.

It is a good idea

Still i haven't found any good actual warrior/deluxe figures. Iceland is unlucky :BANG_HEAD:
No sign of new stuff til 2021 probably.
The newest we have are from cyberverse adventures are 1-Step Whirl and 1-Step Bludgeon (worst weapon gimmick ever, flapping wrist) and recolored sting shot Bumblebee's.

I have few elite class that i like (still they look like they are deluxe sized) i liked, the Grimlock (Crash Bash Armor)and Bumblebee (Ocean Fury) but i don't use the armors. CV Grimlock may be small is a decent G1 representative just needs a sword. PotP Voyager Grimlock is too chunky in t-rex mode for me.
Rogue-Primal
Vehicon
Alt Mode: White Lamborghini Murcielago with black stripes
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 8
Endurance: 5
Courage: 5
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 6

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:09 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
My Pink Princess of Selfies has arrived. She is a pretty wonderful litle deluxe. i love the feel of the plastic, she and Bee feel the best in this aesthetic. The kibble kinda hinders the arms some, but she's pretty fun. And I am only a head away from completing Maccadam, who feels so much better with almost his whole self put together, much more solid to me.

also, Yippee-Ki-Yay Mother Function

Have Transformers News? Contact us HERE!
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
News Admin
News Credits: 1534
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Indominus Rex
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:31 am

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
VOMP

Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
News Admin

Postby -Kanrabat- » Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:16 am

Motto: "Love it? GET IT!
It's that simple."
Weapon: Mace
I admit. That seeker is SEXY!
"Peace through tyranny!"
"FREEDOM is the right of all sentient beings."
-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 23
Buy from -Kanrabat- on eBay
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:20 am

-Kanrabat- wrote:I admit. That seeker is SEXY!
She is, indeed.

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:23 am

Sabrblade wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:I admit. That seeker is SEXY!
She is, indeed.

Still love that they made Skywarp a lady. And that she is basically one of 2 named seekers to survive the show. Although I wish she would have talked or gotten to use her teleporting powers.

It's also cool since it sidestepped the normal trio, allowing Nova Storm to take that part for this run. Still wish we could get a toy of Alphastrike since they were partners.

This seeker set is pretty fun. I want to take some more pictures of the translucent plastics. Really wish Thrust and Thundercracker were the same levels of translucent, but it happens, and Skywarp and Screamer have good reasons to be translucent (teleporting and ghost).

Not many Cyberverse toys left in the line, and I want to go back and hunt down a couple older ones to make sure I get the characters. It was a great show, so I will enjoy the toys that I have got!
D-Maximal_Primal
News Admin

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:28 am

A thought just crossed my mind.

What if this Seeker set has everyone glowing because it represents the moment in Season 2 where Starscream is glowing with AllSpark energy while he takes the sparks of all the other Seekers, causing them to momentarily glow too as they all die?

'Twould also explain why Skywarp's figure looks more like Nova Storm.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:36 am

Sabrblade wrote:A thought just crossed my mind.

What if this Seeker set has everyone glowing because it represents the moment in Season 2 where Starscream is glowing with AllSpark energy while he takes the sparks of all the other Seekers, causing them to momentarily glow too as they all die?

'Twould also explain why Skywarp's figure looks more like Nova Storm.

Would not be surprised, even if the figures are using the Starscream season 3 "concept" figure (I use the term since it's a Cybertronian alt mode). It would only be missing Acid Storm then of the named seekers that were de-sparked.

Could also be the ghosts of said seekers Bumblebee encounters while with Meteorfire.

Speaking of which, should have him here soon. Hoping to find him in stores today but if not got him and Wild Wheel all but locked in online.

After those 2, the only Cyberverse figures left to get are Iaconus, Thunderhowl (potentially both), and the Repugnus set for me. Unless they actually do that Ultra Skullcruncher too that we had listings for.

Also trying to track down scout Shadow Striker, Ultra Slipstream, Warrior Windblade, and Spark Armor or warrior Jetfire. Kinda want to get a nice complete cast.

Also also, Cyberverse is proving to be great for repurposing dups of other figures. My TR Astrotrain is going to that shelf, as is a CW Dead End, RiD2015 Bludgeon and Twinferno, and either RTS or TR Perceptor, haven't decided there yet. Almost tempted to move my T30 Jetfire and TR Windblade there too for those 2, but I like how different the Cyberverse Windblade is and she had a decent toy out too, same with Jetfire, and both have decent Cyberverse figures whereas the aforementioned repurposings did not get a toy outside of Dead End.

I still wish we could get blind Cyberverse Perceptor as a toy. that might be my biggest regret that the line didn't give us.

Oh and Titan Iaconus and Croaton someday please
D-Maximal_Primal
News Admin

Postby william-james88 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:13 am

Motto: "'till All Are One"
WANT! And D-Max, if you take pics like that of the entire batch, we could news it. I know I want to see more and I think others would too.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Admin
News Credits: 2846
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:14 pm

Target with a coupon and a red card proved very beneficial today. Found all of my Cyberverse hopefuls today! That cuts my target list down to only 3 new releases and 4 old ones!

Repugnus family photo!

D-Maximal_Primal
News Admin

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:41 pm

I wish they had colored those Monsterbots to look like some of the Energon Masters seen in the show.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:23 am

I'm just adoring the fact that we got baby Repugnus figures.

Also, you know what's funny/weird? Remember when those PotP T-shirts came out with the 3 Amazon exclusives on them? I got the Repugnus shirt because I thought it was really cool looking, and I've wore it fairly often since. And now, my collection has 8 Repugnus figures in it now, when at the time I got the shirt it only had 1 or 2, can't remember if I got the Amazon Repugnus before the shirt or not.

the Repugni have exploded!
D-Maximal_Primal
News Admin

Postby ZeroWolf » Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:20 am

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
Thats a great family photo:lol:
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Staff
News Credits: 602

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:31 am

So let's start with some Meteorfire. I like this guy. He is limited in articulation as most Cyberverse figures are, coming in around the same movement levels as the Ultra Class Rack n' Ruin and Clobber. But minus the head, that's OK with me. I wasn't expecting him to move a ton. I enjoy the robot mode aesthetic, and I dig the colors, they are very nice, even if not entirely show accurate (I really want a yellow head crest on him). The robot mode is also pretty clean, no real kibble, and it's pretty tight.

Transformation is actually interesting, and involves some pretty nice movements in the lower torso and shoulders to get him to jet mode.

The jet mode is OK, i knew what I was getting. It sort of looks like a chipmunk with his cheeks filled. But I did it in person, it's pretty fun.

And the gimmick is sort of cool too. If you talk loudly or blow on the figure, the light glows brighter and then erupts into a blue and red flashing light for a few seconds. i like it as his spark glowing.

so have some pics of him in jet, robot, and armored modes, and a pic of him with his Alien hunting partner!

D-Maximal_Primal
News Admin

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:08 pm

So Wild Wheel then.

He is not as good as Meteorfire, I will say that. Alt mode is not as nice, and the robot mode needed some more muscle on the bones, like maybe add his poncho please? But he's not bad, a little more posable than Meteorfire thanks to ball jointed elbows, and the cowboy hat is awesome. He can also holster his blasters in his hips, which is another awesome cowboy touch. Transformation is pretty basic and alt mode isn't anything to write home about.

But I am glad I got him, he's pretty enjoyable as the Cowboy Transformer we always needed

D-Maximal_Primal
News Admin

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:11 pm

I think we're supposed to believe that the translucent green represents (or is meant to make up for his lacking) his poncho.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:14 pm

Sabrblade wrote:I think we're supposed to believe that the translucent green represents (or is meant to make up for his lacking) his poncho.

Eh, that's pretty weak. He should have had SS DotM Megatron's cloak or something
D-Maximal_Primal
News Admin

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:19 pm

D-Maximal_Primal wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:I think we're supposed to believe that the translucent green represents (or is meant to make up for his lacking) his poncho.

Eh, that's pretty weak. He should have had SS DotM Megatron's cloak or something
I don't disagree. But it's probably something Hasbro people would say if asked about it. Or they'd try to convince us that the green piece is somehow "better" than the poncho.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:23 pm

Sabrblade wrote:
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:

I don't disagree. But it's probably something Hasbro people would say if asked about it. Or they'd try to convince us that the green piece is somehow "better" than the poncho.

Eh.

I love the Cowboy hat though. I think I want to try putting it on other bots. See how it looks
D-Maximal_Primal
News Admin

Video Review of Cyberverse Sinister Seeker Strikeforce 4 Pack

Postby william-james88 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:11 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
Thanks to the TF Addict, we have a nice review of the Transformers Cyberverse Sinister Seeker Strikeforce 4 Pack. It contains Starscream, Thrust, Skywarp and Thundercracker all in their cybertronian forms (so they have knees, yay!) This pack can currently be found at Target, exclusively, and is priced just shy of $50. This review gives us a good look at the different decos, which include a lot of translucent plastic. Fellow Seibertronian D-Max also provided some really striking images of Skywarp, which we also show below. Tags for this set have been found at Toysrus in Canada though the set has yet to be found. You will let us know what you think!

If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Admin
News Credits: 2846
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby Bounti76 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 1:22 am

Weapon: Vibro-Axe
Skywarp looks really good with her translucent plastic. I don't usually care for it on figures, but she looks nice.
Bounti76
News Staff
News Credits: 265
Speed: 5
Endurance: 9
Courage: 9
Firepower: 6

Postby YRQRM0 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:50 pm

I can't stand the blasters attached to the wings, but besides that it looks like a really fun set.
YRQRM0
Gestalt Team Leader
News Credits: 1
Watch YRQRM0 on YouTube
Strength: 6
Endurance: 10

Postby TFA1024 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 3:11 pm

Motto: "TF ADDICTS FOR LIFE!"
YRQRM0 wrote:I can't stand the blasters attached to the wings, but besides that it looks like a really fun set.

It's not a bad set but not a great one either. It's fun though. I enjoy it cause I love the Cyberverse Cybertronian Starscream mode. So more Seekers are always welcome.
TFA1024
Mini-Con
News Credits: 6
Watch TFA1024 on YouTube
Speed: 5
Endurance: 7
Firepower: 4
Skill: 6

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:41 pm

The deluxe Arcee is a little limited articulation wise (wrists and backwards arm movement) but she is a pretty good looking toy. I adore her style

D-Maximal_Primal
News Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers Studio Series 08 Leader Class Movie 1 Decepticon Blackout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series Number 14 Voyager Class Autobot Ironhide" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Novastar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Voyager Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Repugnus, Dastard, and Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 09 Voyager Class Movie 2 Thundercracker" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Autobot Rewind" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Thundercracker Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Skrapnel" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Protectobot Blades Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #256 - Netflix and Siege
Twincast / Podcast #256:
"Netflix and Siege"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Tuesday, August 4th, 2020

New Items on eBay

Buy "Transformers Generations Selects Voyager G2 Combat Megatron" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers / Movie the Best Laser beak MBEX" on EBAY
Buy "36246 MISB Transformers Generations Selects WFC-GS01 Combat Megatron IN STOCK" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Swoop Dinobot Beak unbroken rare 1985 Parts yellowed lot vintage" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations TG-25 Orion Pax vs Megatronus Takara Tomy New" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Power Of The Primes Lot: Starscream, Blackwing, Dreadwind Combiners" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers METROPLEX  Takara Hasbro Generations TG-23 *New* from Japan" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Generations War for Cybertron Cybertronian SOUNDWAVE WFC" on EBAY