This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

New Hasbro Transformers 2018 Fan Vote

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: New Hasbro Transformers 2018 Fan Vote

Postby Budder Prime » Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:34 am

Va'al wrote:
kurthy wrote:Does Hasbro now think that either mirage or impactor is a bad guy now?

They've both had shady pasts in IDW at least, so they may be playing with the one being a darker or lighter shade of grey than the other! :-?

Looking closely, there is definitely a decepticon symbol on Impactors shoulder, what on earth is Hasbro up to?
Budder Prime
Micromaster

Postby ricemazter » Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:46 am

Motto: "Search and Attack,
Attack and Destroy,
Destroy and Rejoice!"
Weapon: Ionic Displacer Rifle
Budder Prime wrote:
Va'al wrote:
kurthy wrote:Does Hasbro now think that either mirage or impactor is a bad guy now?

They've both had shady pasts in IDW at least, so they may be playing with the one being a darker or lighter shade of grey than the other! :-?

Looking closely, there is definitely a decepticon symbol on Impactors shoulder, what on earth is Hasbro up to?

Sins of the Wreckers ended with Impactor joining up with a Cybertronian insurgent group based on Earth that was dedicated to overthrowing the major players they saw as perpetuating inequality. This included Optimus Prime and most of Autobot high command.
I think.

Maybe that's what they're following up on, though those guys definitely weren't Decepticons.
ricemazter
Fuzor
Watch ricemazter on YouTube
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 5
Endurance: 5
Courage: 7
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Postby Va'al » Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:54 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
ricemazter wrote:
Budder Prime wrote:
Va'al wrote:

Sins of the Wreckers ended with Impactor joining up with a Cybertronian insurgent group based on Earth that was dedicated to overthrowing the major players they saw as perpetuating inequality. This included Optimus Prime and most of Autobot high command.
I think.

Maybe that's what they're following up on, though those guys definitely weren't Decepticons.

Is the actual Revolution a-comin'? https://twitter.com/NickRoche/status/964271896551481344

I doubt it, just throwing fuel on the speculation exhaust. Like so: Image
Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby william-james88 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:19 am

Motto: "'till All Are One"

No, they are very clear as to what is going on, they wrote the story all out in the blurbs found on this page: http://pulse.hasbro.com/news/war-cybert ... -vote-here

Mirage vs. the Mercenary
The Wreckers, led by Impactor, are a highly skilled team of mercenaries who are at their best when the odds of survival are at their worst. They're exactly the kind of soldiers the Autobots need on their side. Can Mirage persuade them to join the Autobot cause?
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4496
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby mordhelm » Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:33 am

Weapon: Electro-Sword
Okay, I had a quick change of heart after my post in the WFC thread. I think we should do our best to make it tie, then they have to give us all 3! I know that's not true, but it's worth a shot.
mordhelm
Vehicon
News Credits: 13
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10

Postby Va'al » Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:58 am

william-james88 wrote:

No, they are very clear as to what is going on, they wrote the story all out in the blurbs found on this page: http://pulse.hasbro.com/news/war-cybert ... -vote-here

Mirage vs. the Mercenary
The Wreckers, led by Impactor, are a highly skilled team of mercenaries who are at their best when the odds of survival are at their worst. They're exactly the kind of soldiers the Autobots need on their side. Can Mirage persuade them to join the Autobot cause?

They finally updated the link!
Va'al
God Of Transformers
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby Skritz » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:41 am

Gotta admit, going with the idea of 'what would I actually want to buy' this is pretty hard to choose from on the basis I'd love to get my hands on both Spinister and Needlenose to go with Quake (whose update is a cybertronian vehicle thanks to reusing the Hardhead mold). That way I'd have a complete second-batch Targetmasters trio.

However, I gotta say that I badly want Impactor simply because he's one of those characters who started off in the Marvel UK and did not originally have a toy. And eventhen, G1 Impactor has never seen mass release as a figure. Beyond that, the 'autobot' side of rivalry is something I can't really care much about because these guys are less obscure.

Either way, this all seems interesting and leave me wondering what central gimmick, if any, will be part of the War for Cybertron (stupid-ass confusing name!) trilogy. Prime War had Combiners+Masters-class figures. Will we see any unifying gimmicks here beside the cybertronian mode esthetic?
Skritz
Gestalt

Postby mordhelm » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:51 am

Skritz wrote:Either way, this all seems interesting and leave me wondering what central gimmick, if any, will be part of the War for Cybertron (stupid-ass confusing name!) trilogy. Prime War had Combiners+Masters-class figures. Will we see any unifying gimmicks here beside the cybertronian mode esthetic?

John Warden specifically stated that there is no Unifying ecosystem for the toys like CW, TR, and PotP had. Basically, anything goes. You could have a deluxe wave with 2 CW style figures, 1 "normal" deluxe, and 1 TR style headmaster.

The story is the unifying aspect this time around.
mordhelm
Vehicon

Postby kurthy » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:55 am

Motto: "Illumination through acceleration!"
Weapon: Metal Tearing Serrated Circular Blade
mordhelm wrote:
Skritz wrote:Either way, this all seems interesting and leave me wondering what central gimmick, if any, will be part of the War for Cybertron (stupid-ass confusing name!) trilogy. Prime War had Combiners+Masters-class figures. Will we see any unifying gimmicks here beside the cybertronian mode esthetic?

John Warden specifically stated that there is no Unifying ecosystem for the toys like CW, TR, and PotP had. Basically, anything goes. You could have a deluxe wave with 2 CW style figures, 1 "normal" deluxe, and 1 TR style headmaster.

So it's going to be more like generations? Throw stuff at the wall and see what sticks.
kurthy
Pretender
Alt Mode: John Deere 6M Series Tractor
Strength: 1
Intelligence: N/A
Endurance: 4
Firepower: 1
Skill: ???

Postby Skritz » Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:00 pm

kurthy wrote:
mordhelm wrote:

So it's going to be more like generations? Throw stuff at the wall and see what sticks.

Works for me.
Skritz
Gestalt

Postby mordhelm » Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:12 pm

kurthy wrote:
mordhelm wrote:

I think it's less that, and more that they want to avoid pigeonholing themselves into gimmicks that don't fit the character.

Kup, Hot Rod, and Blurr were great figures in TR, but there were a lot of complaints about them (and others) being headmasters when they shouldn't have been.

They want to give us great versions of Characters X, Y, Z, but don't want to keep trying to force a play pattern that doesn't fit. This way you can get a better representation of each character.

To reassure you a little bit, there was a large investment into the Combiner, Master, and Evolution gimmicks. They know people still want figures with these gimmicks, so they will still release them. Expect to continue to see them scattered throughout the next trilogy and in exclusives/box sets.

I am looking forward to the new line. However, if what it sounds like is happening is true, it may actually curtail my collecting a bit. I try to just get my favorite CHUG version of each character, rather then the "gotta catch em all" mentality. Or at least I will start culling and replacing. I'm sure some of my old Generations/CHUG stuff that's still MOSC/MISB could help fund the new purchases.
mordhelm
Vehicon

Postby Targetmaster Kup » Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:30 pm

Motto: ""Whatever it takes, as long as it is moral, legal, and just.""
Weapon: Grenade Launcher
While I am voting Impactor and Mirage - #ImpactorvsMirage (Greater Good vs Greater Profit) I'm sure Wheeljack will win.
Find what Transformers; Titans Return, Legends, Combiner Wars, Unite Warriors, Generations, Masterpiece, Universe, Adventure, & RiD 2015 toy action figures are on sale at https://goo.gl/3UaMAu
Targetmaster Kup
Combiner
News Credits: 11
Buy from Targetmaster Kup on eBay
Alt Mode: Spaceship
Strength: 6
Speed: 6
Endurance: 3
Firepower: 10

Postby Evil Eye » Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:36 pm

Motto: "Don't be a goddamn coward."
Weapon: Acid Spray Gun
I voted Needlenose vs Tracks. Tracks is long overdue an update, and Needlenose's only modern toy is the FunPub redeco of Firefly (and isn't a sexy delta wing). Bring on the battle of the vaguely camp fashion-conscious robots!

Also, am I the only one who thinks a Tracks toy that triple changes from robot to sports car (preferably relatively Corvette-like) to tank? For one, it'd make his name make even more sense, and for another it'd be hilarious having Tracks of all characters turn into a tank.
Ha ha Transformers go brrrrr
Evil Eye
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 12
Alt Mode: F-4 Phantom II
Strength: 7
Endurance: 8
Firepower: 6

Postby Jack Hallows » Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:35 pm

Motto: "A mind should not be so open that the brain falls out, however it should not be so closed that whatever gray matter which does reside may not be reached."
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
Nexus Knight wrote:

Well, Impactor is leader of a group that specializes in doing nasty jobs other teams don't want to do. He practically lives for war and often can sympathize with commom bots. Mirage is the direct opposite. Before the war, he was a rich socialite who eschewed from commoners. He detested the incivility of war and is against the violent actions his Autobot comrades have to take. He would prefer that the two factions just sit down and make peace. Its not hard to see how they'd be opposed to each other.

So, at first glance, these two seem random picks. And they might be, but I'd like to think someone at Hasbro did their homework. ;)^

This. :WRECKERS:

Targetmaster Kup wrote:While I am voting Impactor and Mirage - #ImpactorvsMirage (Greater Good vs Greater Profit) I'm sure Wheeljack will win.

My actions and thoughts exactly.

So, how do we vote? Is there a pole or do we just write who we choose in the comments section of that Hasbro page?

It’s obviously gonna be Impactor and Mirage for me.
Jack Hallows
Targetmaster
Watch Jack Hallows on YouTube
Alt Mode: Lupiris Nosferatus
Speed: 8
Endurance: 10
Courage: 8
Skill: 10+

Postby Va'al » Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:39 pm

Jack Hallows wrote:
Nexus Knight wrote:

Well, Impactor is leader of a group that specializes in doing nasty jobs other teams don't want to do. He practically lives for war and often can sympathize with commom bots. Mirage is the direct opposite. Before the war, he was a rich socialite who eschewed from commoners. He detested the incivility of war and is against the violent actions his Autobot comrades have to take. He would prefer that the two factions just sit down and make peace. Its not hard to see how they'd be opposed to each other.

So, at first glance, these two seem random picks. And they might be, but I'd like to think someone at Hasbro did their homework. ;)^

This. :WRECKERS:

Targetmaster Kup wrote:While I am voting Impactor and Mirage - #ImpactorvsMirage (Greater Good vs Greater Profit) I'm sure Wheeljack will win.

My actions and thoughts exactly.

So, how do we vote? Is there a pole or do we just write who we choose in the comments section of that Hasbro page?

It’s obviously gonna be Impactor and Mirage for me.

Comments on either the Facebook post or the Instagram post, using the relevant hashtag!
Va'al
God Of Transformers
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby Jack Hallows » Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:44 pm

Motto: "A mind should not be so open that the brain falls out, however it should not be so closed that whatever gray matter which does reside may not be reached."
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
Slaggin’ fractals.. that kinda alienates fans who have neither facebook nor instagram :/

Ah well. I’ll just hope there are enough Impactor fans to make up for the anti-social medi’ites.

Thanks!
Jack Hallows
Targetmaster
Watch Jack Hallows on YouTube
Alt Mode: Lupiris Nosferatus
Speed: 8
Courage: 8
Skill: 10+

Postby Burn » Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:57 pm

Motto: "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings to randomly click things in the Admin Panel to see what it breaks."
I see at least two staff members have voted against Impactor.

This ... is disappointing.
Burn
Forum Admin
News Credits: 226

Postby CJPrime931 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:39 pm

#spinistervswheeljack
CJPrime931
Mini-Con
Watch CJPrime931 on YouTube

Postby mordhelm » Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:49 pm

CJPrime931 wrote:#spinistervswheeljack

You know that posting that here doesn't count right?
mordhelm
Vehicon

Postby Burn » Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:37 pm

Motto: "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings to randomly click things in the Admin Panel to see what it breaks."
mordhelm wrote:
CJPrime931 wrote:#spinistervswheeljack

You know that posting that here doesn't count right?

shhhhhh. Only correct them if they're voting for Impactor.
Burn
Forum Admin
News Credits: 226

Postby Skritz » Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:15 pm

I'd be fine with a Wheeljack win if his alt mode is similar to this:
Skritz
Gestalt

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:16 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
Burn wrote:I see at least two staff members have voted against Impactor.

This ... is disappointing.

I'm on your side this time mate!

#ImpactorvsMirage
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9

Postby Emerje » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:10 pm

Motto: "Spellcheck's antithesis."
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
william-james88 wrote:

The blurb says one thing, but the art clearly contradicts it by already assigning Impactor as a Decepticon.

BTW, two of the photos are swapped in the article.

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff
News Credits: 235
Alt Mode: Lobster Moose
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Firepower: 3
Skill: 6

Postby DaXtraLargeRobot » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:39 pm

Motto: "Sometimes the easy way is the right way... sometimes."
Weapon: Laser-Blazer Broadsword
If they keep doing pairings like this, who else is hoping for Ultra Magnus and Galvatron. Also I didn't know that Tracks and Needlenose were brothers belue this and that blew my mind, but I ended up voting for Impactor and Mirage, mainly because I want a good Impactor figure.
DaXtraLargeRobot
Mini-Con
Alt Mode: A flatbed missile truck
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 7
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 9
Skill: 5

Postby WreckerJack » Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:42 pm

Motto: "The complain train is leaving the station."
Weapon: Arc-Welders
I always need more Wheeljack figures so, #SpinisterVsWheeljack for me. Though there better be some good paint apps this time! I'm looking at you CW Wheeljack.
WreckerJack
Godmaster
News Credits: 295
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Firepower: 7

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WHEELIE Transformers Studio Series 86 Core Class Hasbro 2022 New"
WHEELIE Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "N.E.S.T. BONECRUSHER Transformers Studio Series 95 Buzzworthy Bumblebee Voyager"
N.E.S.T. BONECRUSH ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BLURR Transformers Studio Series 86-03 Animated Movie Deluxe Hasbro 2021 New"
BLURR Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DINOBOT SLUDGE Transformers Studio Series 86-15 Movie Leader Hasbro 2022 New"
DINOBOT SLUDGE Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SS-118 OPTIMUS PRIMAL Transformers Studio Series Leader Rise Beasts ROTB Takara"
NEW!
SS-118 OPTIMUS PRI ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "RATCHET Transformers Studio Series 82 Deluxe Bumblebee Hasbro 2022 New"
RATCHET Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE FALLEN Transformers Studio Series 91 Revenge of ROTF Leader Hasbro 2022 New"
THE FALLEN Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "IRONHIDE Transformers Studio Series 84 Deluxe Bumblebee Hasbro 2022 New"
IRONHIDE Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GALVATRON Transformers Studio Series 90 Age of Extinction AOE Movie Voyager 2022"
GALVATRON Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "AIRAZOR Transformers Studio Series 97 Deluxe Rise Beasts ROTB Hasbro 2023 New"
AIRAZOR Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "JUNKHEAP Transformers Studio Series 86-14 Animated Movie Voyager 2022 New"
JUNKHEAP Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BARRICADE Transformers Studio Series Gamer Edition +02 Deluxe WFC 2023 New"
BARRICADE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "IRONHIDE Transformers Studio Series 86 Core Class Hasbro 2023 New"
IRONHIDE Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BUMBLEBEE Transformers Studio Series Core Class Dark of the Moon DOTM 2023 New"
BUMBLEBEE Transfor ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Sinnertwin" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Quintus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Repugnus, Dastard, and Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Autobot Blaster and Twin Cast (Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Voyager Class Roadbuster Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Titans Return Legends Class Autobot Cosmos" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Decepticon Dragstrip Figure" on AMAZON