This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Toy Fair 2018 - Hasbro Entertainment Brand Preview #HasbroToyFair #NYTF

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Toy Fair 2018 - Hasbro Entertainment Brand Preview #HasbroToyFair #NYTF

Postby griftimus prime » Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:25 pm

Motto: "you will have no freedom. whether you are sentient or not."
Weapon: 16 Cannons
will we ever get a 2 foot scorpinok?
griftimus prime
Brainmaster
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 10+

Toy Fair 2018 - Hasbro Transformers Brand Interview: IDW, Unicron, G1, Bumblebee, More

Postby Va'al » Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:25 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
A final story from the main Hasbro Transformers day over at the Times Center in New York City, where Toy Fair 2018 is still taking place, is the group interview with the Transformers brand team - including infamous names like John Warden and Ben Montano - which our Twincaster podcaster megatronus was present for and recorded in full!

The team took questions from a varied assortment of podcasters, fansites, media sites, many of whom we've also collaborated before, on topics such as Masterpiece toys, the relationship with IDW comics, exclusives, the aesthetic of Cyberverse versus what we might see in War for Cybertron, the possibility of Unicron in a crowdfunded effort, the Bumblebee movie and its toyline, and more. We've highlighted below the questions and responses, including the more trivial and brief, for your perusal - take a read, join the discussion, and let us know what you think!

More villains in MPM line? (MPM-1 Starscream already present, but..)

Would love to do that, more MP figures to talk about later in the year, but we do want to balance out the factions.

Difference between MPM and Studio Series, in terms of character selection in particular?

Global accessibility with Studio Series so as many as possible, MPM is more selective by its nature. Trying to catch a new generation of grown kids too. Attempt to create entirely new toys for this demographic, and have fun with the line later down the road.

Bumblebee movie shift affecting the line?

Not in release (April 2018), they were supposed to come out together but only some characters have been moved later to coincide with June release. Studio Series collection will host the movie line, but not intended as a catch-all (Thundercracker an exception). Robot modes are scale-accurate, fit a collector shelf, cautious about the numbering system, a narrative woven into it, including backgrounds and cut-outs.

Future of Generations?

Power of the Primes ends in 2018. War for Cybertron starting in January 2019, no reveal of the new fiction yet so plenty of speculation welcome.

Why another trilogy?

It helps and invites new fans into the franchise, casual fans and kids. Trilogy invites to speculate, not lead to an ecosystem – it’s a storytelling universe, as per Hasbro blueprint.

Comments on unification of Takara Tomy and Hasbro?

The relationship and cooperation has always been there, this just allows for bringing multiple fandom factions – allowing things like Movie Masterpiece and Takara Tomy Masterpiece lines to be accessible to everyone. Cooperation is key, and building on the passions of both teams, in a very genuine way.

Any plans to move away from stickers, or get better?

We hear the concern, but stickers will continue in Prime Wars. Next chapter will be approached with fan feedback in mind – though cannot reveal yet. War for Cybertron is a new take on things, moving a little further away from the callbacks and throwbacks in POTP too, though story can feel a little more familiar.

Masterpiece continuing after the MPM line?
Looking at more Decepticons.

How is Toys R Us situation affecting Hasbro Transformers?

Not much of a comment, though Studio Series Thundercracker is a TRU exclusive. We hope to continue partnership.

Fan-vote: is there an IDW influence, and what is the Hasbro-IDW relationship continuing?

Fans are voting on a pair, not on singles. Yes, the pairings are inspired by elements of IDW, but each can fill in blanks in the toyline in different ways, that those guys can fill them. Fans have a way of organically to play and work in the battleground story. There is intentional conversations, pairings have love/hate elements, and may jar with some.

We are wrapping up current IDW continuities this year, Unicron is coming to devour everybody. The intention is to continue after that, whatever comes next. Towards end of year we should know more, but we will collaborate on more stories.

Do pairings have a gimmick? Are they new molds?

No. War for Cybertron line may include some previous molds, but intention is to give good representation of the characters. Fans are just voting on the idea of which character will best fit a toy.

(TLK Hot Rod, TR Scourge and Highbrow are examples of Partial Tool – technical shorthand klaxon – good deal of model making involved, plans are thought out strategically, already working on War for Cybertron.)

How are changes with movie plans (alleged reboot of film franchise) affecting toyline?

We’re always part of the conversation as partners, but we’re focusing on Bumblebee right now. Lots of toy concepts, lots of Cyberverse, Studio Series, War for Cybertron – we’re just pausing on the movieverse, in no way distracting us.

Bumblebee film will hopefully show what we can do collectively.

Any bets with Star Wars team on who will do best?

Hoping on parents bringing kids to the movies, that’s all. Travis Knight did grow up with G1 like I did [John Warden], so we’re expecting a new fan experience.

Cyberverse: hard G1 inspiration reason rather than RID? Female Decepticon make its way in other aspects of the brand?

Definitely yes on the latter, Shadow Striker in the series. Aesthetic is aimed to engage all generations, for robot mode at least, a currently fragmented fandom interest (BW, G1, etc) – unification of brand, of lines, of generations of fans. Opening up a dialogue and viewership, which is definitely not a G1 story, it starts in current day but there is an element of comfort for parents and older fans.

A lot of families in fan community, it’s exciting to bring them to the brand and share with kids, nieces, nephews. That doesn’t detract from Generations, War for Cybertron appealing more to the older fans and collectors.

Authentics will continue, they’re not tied to any story or fiction – just classic characters for a casual shopper, grandma buying ‘an Optimus’ or you just want ‘a Megatron’.

Exclusives?

Only TRU Thundercracker announced for now, but we do have more lined up for the year.

Would fans want to see a crowdfunded HasLab Unicron? What kind of pricing? Point fans to HasLab, talk about it, read about it, podcast about it. Talk about what you want to see, we’re listening. #Unicron

Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby galvatron00 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:06 am

Motto: "Peace through sandwiches."
Weapon: Shoulder-Mounted Mega-Blast Missile Cannons
TL;DR..

HasLab UNICRON?! :APPLAUSE: So we discuss, they listen, woo!
galvatron00
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 15
Buy from galvatron00 on eBay
Alt Mode: Kings Hawaiian Food Truck
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Courage: 9
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10

Postby Galactic Prime » Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:25 am

What the F???? is a Haslab?
Galactic Prime
Fuzor

Postby ZeroWolf » Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:52 am

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
It's their new crowd sourcing platform, from the details I imagine it's a bit like lego ideas.
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
News Credits: 1350

Postby kurthy » Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:36 am

Motto: "Illumination through acceleration!"
Weapon: Metal Tearing Serrated Circular Blade
Now, it's official. There will be no additional waves to PotP, we've seen all the regular releases.
kurthy
Pretender
News Credits: 13
Alt Mode: John Deere 6M Series Tractor
Strength: 1
Intelligence: N/A
Endurance: 4
Firepower: 1
Skill: ???

Postby william-james88 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:40 am

Motto: "'till All Are One"
kurthy wrote:Now, it's official. There will be no additional waves to PotP, we've seen all the regular releases.

Ending in 2018 but not sure if that means all waves have been shown. They still haven't shown us 3 confirmed prime masters
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4498
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby 1984forever » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:44 am

If it’s about Cybertronian alt-modes then a vote for Wheeljack will probably get us his van alt-mode from episode 1 of the G1 cartoon. Seriously all I want is 3 Tetra-jet Rainmakers, Bumblebee and Wheeljack’s alt-forms and Straxus’s flying gun mode from the comics. Ferak would be nice too. I got customs of 3rd party Tetra-jets as the Rainmakers already and “Skiff” I believe he’s called, but I still want the official figs.
1984forever
Targetmaster

Postby steals_your_goats » Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:01 am

Weapon: Twin Swords
I'm all for cybertronian modes but I get the feeling that they're just going to rehash the original 84 line again instead of giving us things like the Autobot targetmasters, headmaster juniors, horrorcons and other post movie characters
Delta Magnus wrote:This is because you are a hamhanded idiot.
steals_your_goats
Godmaster
News Credits: 13
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Dimetrodon
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 6
Endurance: 9
Courage: 10
Firepower: 4
Skill: 7

Postby Graviton » Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:21 am

I am not entirely sure about this HasLab service. If the Unicron price is nearly as expensive as Jabba's Sail Barge and needs the same number of backers then I doubt it will pass. That being said I do really want a Unicron and would pay up to $300 to back it. Hopefully It would be twice the size of a Titan class. I would also like it to have a removable head, minicon ports, kranix, and some more throwacks to all other toys/incarnations of the character
Graviton
Mini-Con

Postby griftimus prime » Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:53 am

Motto: "you will have no freedom. whether you are sentient or not."
Weapon: 16 Cannons
i thought there was going to be a quick switch figure.
griftimus prime
Brainmaster
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 10+

Postby ZeroWolf » Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:22 am

steals_your_goats wrote:I'm all for cybertronian modes but I get the feeling that they're just going to rehash the original 84 line again instead of giving us things like the Autobot targetmasters, headmaster juniors, horrorcons and other post movie characters

Your hunch is correct, at least regarding the first line as it is supposedly set before earth
ZeroWolf
News Admin

Postby mbd88prime » Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:34 am

Motto: ""Freedom is the right of all sentient beings""
Weapon: Dual Rocket-Propelled Grenade Launcher
haslab unicron? HEll yes. But yes to earlier comments about removable head. should also have space inside to double as a playset to recreate movie scenes. also to actually have a transformers playset that transformers can be INSIDE. Also yes to comments about being at least double titan class size! Get some orson wells sound clips and lights in there too. light up eyes, abs, possibly even glowy bits in planet mode ala when we first see unicron in the movie.

I would not only back this but a primus! Also, ark, nemesis(g1 version not prime/fall of cybertron), axalon, and darkside ships!

also agree with what about horrorcons, headmaster jr.s, the second duocon, targetmaster autobots, and powermasters and SCORPONOK!! finish the g1 cast please, we came this far!

after g1 how about generations versions of rescue bots! original R.I.D., unicron trilogy, etc
"Above all, we must realize that no arsenal, or no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is so formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women. It is a weapon our adversaries in today's world do not have."

"Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits in deciding to protect us from ourselves."- Ronald Reagan
mbd88prime
Vehicon
News Credits: 1
Strength: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Courage: 8
Firepower: 8
Skill: 9

Postby Flashwave » Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:27 am

Motto: "Our society's downfall will not be this war. The war IS our society. That which will get us will be the little things. Some humanoid race, some tossed cannon, the little things that no one looks out for. THAT is for what we must be vigilant."
Weapon: Twin Shoulder-Mounted Rocket Launchers
griftimus prime wrote:i thought there was going to be a quick switch figure.

There was, it was a Sixshot repaint in the Chaos on Velocitron boxset for Titans Return
Flashwave
City Commander
News Credits: 8
Strength: 7
Speed: 9
Firepower: 7

Postby NTESHFT » Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:23 pm

Motto: "60% of the time, it works every time!"
Weapon: Black Magic
Haslab Unicorn?......I'm excited about this.....

Am I reading wrong about what they were saying about Abominus?...... he will be in a box set? I would hope so, but someone correcting me would keep my hopes from getting up.....

I'm digging all the prime master to figures, and Predaking is on my list for sure. As for their plans with WFC...I'll have to wait until I see some pics. I was hoping for something different with the the fan vote so that may be a pass for me....
NTESHFT
Brainmaster
Buy from NTESHFT on eBay
Alt Mode: NISMO 370Z
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 7
Endurance: 7
Courage: 7
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:35 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
NTESHFT wrote:Haslab Unicorn?......I'm excited about this.....

Am I reading wrong about what they were saying about Abominus?...... he will be in a box set? I would hope so, but someone correcting me would keep my hopes from getting up.....
He's not a box set.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 436
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8

Postby TheForgottenTaxi » Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:49 pm

Uh, I feel like there's a lead being buried here:

"We are wrapping up current IDW continuities this year, Unicron is coming to devour everybody. The intention is to continue after that, whatever comes next. Towards end of year we should know more, but we will collaborate on more stories."

What?! Unless I missed an earlier announcement, this is huge (and hugely disappointing) news! We're talking about literally the longest-running TF continuity of all time -- and I would argue the best one as well.
I have feelings about robots. They are mostly here. -> https://isgardtheterrible.wixsite.com/rankingrobots
TheForgottenTaxi
Micromaster

Postby Targetmaster Kup » Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:10 pm

Motto: ""Whatever it takes, as long as it is moral, legal, and just.""
Weapon: Grenade Launcher
Yes, it is the end. All the comics will end with UNICRON. Then the Universe will start over pre-Earth in the Way for Cybertron.

TheForgottenTaxi wrote:Uh, I feel like there's a lead being buried here:

"We are wrapping up current IDW continuities this year, Unicron is coming to devour everybody. The intention is to continue after that, whatever comes next. Towards end of year we should know more, but we will collaborate on more stories."

What?! Unless I missed an earlier announcement, this is huge (and hugely disappointing) news! We're talking about literally the longest-running TF continuity of all time -- and I would argue the best one as well.
Find what Transformers; Titans Return, Legends, Combiner Wars, Unite Warriors, Generations, Masterpiece, Universe, Adventure, & RiD 2015 toy action figures are on sale at https://goo.gl/3UaMAu
Targetmaster Kup
Combiner
News Credits: 11
Buy from Targetmaster Kup on eBay
Alt Mode: Spaceship
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Endurance: 3

Postby ZeroWolf » Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:21 pm

Targetmaster Kup wrote: Yes, it is the end. All the comics will end with UNICRON. Then the Universe will start over pre-Earth in the Way for Cybertron.

Also the hasbroverse will still exist so tf, Joe, rom and the micronauts will still be in the same universe, but from the get go this time so we don't have any awkward conversation about where gi joe was during some important tf arcs...

Though I could see them during the wfc tie-ins as flashbacks or its own miniseries rather than an ongoing...unless they are planning to just do miniseries but I guess we'll see.
ZeroWolf
News Admin

Postby Targetmaster Kup » Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:30 pm

ZeroWolf wrote:
Targetmaster Kup wrote: Yes, it is the end. All the comics will end with UNICRON. Then the Universe will start over pre-Earth in the Way for Cybertron.

Also the hasbroverse will still exist so tf, Joe, rom and the micronauts will still be in the same universe, but from the get go this time so we don't have any awkward conversation about where gi joe was during some important tf arcs...

Though I could see them during the wfc tie-ins as flashbacks or its own miniseries rather than an ongoing...unless they are planning to just do miniseries but I guess we'll see.

I think the entire Hasbroverse is rebooting, if I'm not mistaken.
Find what Transformers; Titans Return, Legends, Combiner Wars, Unite Warriors, Generations, Masterpiece, Universe, Adventure, & RiD 2015 toy action figures are on sale at https://goo.gl/3UaMAu
Targetmaster Kup
Combiner

Postby Flashwave » Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:59 pm

Motto: "Our society's downfall will not be this war. The war IS our society. That which will get us will be the little things. Some humanoid race, some tossed cannon, the little things that no one looks out for. THAT is for what we must be vigilant."
Weapon: Twin Shoulder-Mounted Rocket Launchers
Targetmaster Kup wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:

right, but he is saying it will reboot all together so they are all there to build off each other from the beginning, instead of trying to shoehorn new Joe stuff into the side of a decade old TF story
Flashwave
City Commander
News Credits: 8

Postby TheForgottenTaxi » Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:20 pm

Welp, this all sounds like a huge jumping off point to me. The post-reboot books will have to look amazing to keep me buying. What a waste.
I have feelings about robots. They are mostly here. -> https://isgardtheterrible.wixsite.com/rankingrobots
TheForgottenTaxi
Micromaster

Postby Targetmaster Kup » Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:52 pm

TheForgottenTaxi wrote:Welp, this all sounds like a huge jumping off point to me. The post-reboot books will have to look amazing to keep me buying. What a waste.

I'm looking at it the same way.
Targetmaster Kup
Combiner

Postby ZeroWolf » Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:35 am

Flashwave wrote:
Targetmaster Kup wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:

right, but he is saying it will reboot all together so they are all there to build off each other from the beginning, instead of trying to shoehorn new Joe stuff into the side of a decade old TF story

Exactly, there's also the possibility that we're looking at a soft reboot of sorts, we need proper confirmation before we start dropping the comics...which is odd as I know plenty that stick with DC (and Marvel!) Through all their shenanigans, why can't transformers be allowed the same treatment. There will be a point with the current continuity where they will have to do a wipe of some sorts, time will tell us if this will be IDW's "Rebirth" or IDW's "New 52"

I should point out that I love the current continuity but this is the reality of the current situation...till we get more info from IDW.
ZeroWolf
News Admin

Postby Va'al » Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:02 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
ZeroWolf wrote:I should point out that I love the current continuity but this is the reality of the current situation...till we get more info from IDW.

This should start happening this week, once the comics solicitations drop. Expect Tuesday to Thursday. :)
Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Previous

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #3 Cvr ZD 1:15 Virgin Dynamite Comics 2024 JAN249146 3ZD (CA) Moss"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #3 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr E Dynamite Comics 2024 JAN240109 2E (CA) Tao (W) Shalvey"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #3 Cvr ZC 1:15 virgin Dynamite Comics 2024 JAN249145 3ZC (CA)Liefeld"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #3 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Masters Universe MASTERVERSE #3 Cvr B Dark Horse Comics FEB230375 3B (CA)Balboni"
Masters Universe M ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr R 1:25 foil Dynamite Comics 2024 JAN240122 2R (CA) Shalvey"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #3 Cvr A Dynamite Comics 2024 FEB240188 3A (CA) Nakayama (W) Shalvey"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #3 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Masters Universe FORGE DESTINY #4 Cvr B Dark Horse Comics OCT231206 4B Fowler"
Masters Universe F ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #3 Cvr U 1:40 Virgin Dynamite Comics 2024 FEB240208 3U (CA) Tao"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #3 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr Q 1:10 Line Art Dynamite Comics DEC230220 1Q (CA) Shalvey"
THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr P Dynamite Comics 2024 DEC230219 1P (W) Shalvey (A/CA) Moss"
THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr ZG FOC 1:10 B&W Dynamite Comics DEC237143 1ZG (CA) Liefeld"
THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr G foil Dynamite Comics 2024 JAN240111 2G (CA) Parrillo"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SKELETOR vs HE-MAN Masters of the Universe Minis MOTU SDCC Comic-Con 2013 New"
SKELETOR vs HE-MAN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Masters Universe FORGE DESTINY #2 Cvr B Dark Horse Comics AUG231235 2B Seeley"
Masters Universe F ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Grotusque and Scorponok Deluxe Action Figure Exclusive Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Optimal Optimus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Mega 1-Step Turbo Changer Dragonstorm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Grimlock Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Clobber" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Six Shot and Decepticon Revolver" on AMAZON