This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Discussion Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Discussion Thread

Postby starrhero » Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:43 pm

Nickster563 wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:
Nickster563 wrote:Guys i found more hidden writing on the second siege poster! Close to the word siege it says seek the strategist

Nice find! Now what does it mean? Or should that be, Who does it mean?

Well prowl is a strategist and he has been seen on the other poster so possibly even more evidence hes getting a figure

While that could be true, I feel as if it's more than just a simple message saying yeah, that guy is coming, when we could guess just from the promotional art. Not only that but all these messages seem to be hinting at something bigger. MUCH BIGGER than anything we've really seen before. Rather it be OS or even the planet eater himself, it couldn't just be a thing saying that one normal character is coming. But I guess the question is... what very important character happens to be a strategist?
starrhero
Minibot
News Credits: 1
Watch starrhero on YouTube

Postby Nickster563 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:59 pm

starrhero wrote:
Nickster563 wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:
Nickster563 wrote:Guys i found more hidden writing on the second siege poster! Close to the word siege it says seek the strategist

Nice find! Now what does it mean? Or should that be, Who does it mean?

Well prowl is a strategist and he has been seen on the other poster so possibly even more evidence hes getting a figure

While that could be true, I feel as if it's more than just a simple message saying yeah, that guy is coming, when we could guess just from the promotional art. Not only that but all these messages seem to be hinting at something bigger. MUCH BIGGER than anything we've really seen before. Rather it be OS or even the planet eater himself, it couldn't just be a thing saying that one normal character is coming. But I guess the question is... what very important character happens to be a strategist?

Well the weird thing was the light i used to find the second message didnt seem to pick up the first message found on the poster. Truth betold i dont have a blacklight so i used a glowstrike nerf gun light to see the message, which may mean once the first poster comes in the mail i may find a second message on ot aswell. Ill be sure to post my findings as soon as i find out.
Nickster563
Mini-Con
News Credits: 3
Watch Nickster563 on YouTube
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 4
Endurance: 5
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 3

Postby Qwan » Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:22 pm

Motto: "There's no such thing as a no-lose situation, but if you try your hardest, you'll lose the least."
Weapon: Hand-Mounted Lasers

Nickster563 wrote:Well the weird thing was the light i used to find the second message didnt seem to pick up the first message found on the poster. Truth betold i dont have a blacklight so i used a glowstrike nerf gun light to see the message, which may mean once the first poster comes in the mail i may find a second message on ot aswell. Ill be sure to post my findings as soon as i find out.

Would you by any chance be able to get a photo of the whole hidden message to share with us? And also double-check whether the Glowstrike light can find the previous message or not - if should be right over Optimus' chest and shoulder. If you could send your findings to news(at)seibertron.com that would be awesome! Thanks a bunch :D

ultraimpossibleman wrote:Grand innacurration and heavy mistakes !

Diem wrote:This is exactly the kind of nonsense I'm here for.
Qwan
Gestalt Team Leader
News Credits: 102
Watch Qwan on YouTube
Alt Mode: The very concept of transformation itself
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 3
Courage: 5
Skill: 7

Postby Emerje » Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:07 pm

Motto: "Spellcheck's antithesis."
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
starrhero wrote:what very important character happens to be a strategist?

There's really only one that comes immediately to mind, Shockwave. But considering it's probably an Autobot they're looking for then Prowl does make sense, though that's pretty anticlimactic. I do like the theory that the Decepticons aren't properly evil in this line and the two factions are teaming up against Unicron so Autobots seeking out Shockwave isn't impossible.

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff
News Credits: 235
Alt Mode: Lobster Moose
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 3
Skill: 6

Postby Nickster563 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:19 pm

15333557797624227219948619338558.jpg
Qwan wrote:

Nickster563 wrote:Well the weird thing was the light i used to find the second message didnt seem to pick up the first message found on the poster. Truth betold i dont have a blacklight so i used a glowstrike nerf gun light to see the message, which may mean once the first poster comes in the mail i may find a second message on ot aswell. Ill be sure to post my findings as soon as i find out.

Would you by any chance be able to get a photo of the whole hidden message to share with us? And also double-check whether the Glowstrike light can find the previous message or not - if should be right over Optimus' chest and shoulder. If you could send your findings to news(at)seibertron.com that would be awesome! Thanks a bunch :D

Will do but first ill show you what i mean by the first message not showing up. Sadly the nerf gun barrel is pretty small so i cant get the whole mesaage on one picture but ill try to include it in multiple.
Attachments
15333561533912574314104193442930.jpg
15333561214969001148246724987222.jpg
15333560858815906261986698559052.jpg
1533356042043636807658648111598.jpg
15333560066998525188196295507784.jpg
15333559730422972924996606010596.jpg
15333559250227030193323901200357.jpg
15333558913569141097914887723995.jpg
15333558365184705874770757463031.jpg
Nickster563
Mini-Con

Postby Nemesis Primal » Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:01 pm

Motto: "Anything worth doing is worth suffering for."
Weapon: Twin Swords

...but if it was referring to Prowl like most of you are hypothesizing, then they wouldn't have to seek him out, right? The posters seem to clearly be establishing him to be one of the main Autobot cast. it has to be someone else.
Nemesis Primal
Godmaster
News Credits: 48
Alt Mode: Purple monkey I guess
Strength: 6
Speed: 7
Courage: 7
Firepower: 9

Postby Emerje » Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:22 pm

Nemesis Primal wrote:

...but if it was referring to Prowl like most of you are hypothesizing, then they wouldn't have to seek him out, right? The posters seem to clearly be establishing him to be one of the main Autobot cast. it has to be someone else.

Unless there's another message hidden over him. :-?

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff

Postby Nickster563 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 12:06 am

Emerje wrote:
Nemesis Primal wrote:

Unless there's another message hidden over him. :-?

Emerje

As soon as that poster arrives in the mail me and my trusty nerf gun will be on the case!
Last edited by Nickster563 on Sat Aug 04, 2018 12:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nickster563
Mini-Con

Third Hidden Message on #HasbroSDCC Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Poster - on the Same One?

Postby Qwan » Sat Aug 04, 2018 12:12 am

Motto: "There's no such thing as a no-lose situation, but if you try your hardest, you'll lose the least."
Well, this certainly isn't where this trail seemed like it was headed. New Seibertronian Nickster563 has taken a look at their own copy of the second Siege poster handed out during San Diego Comic Con, and found... not only a lack of the first hidden message found on that poster, but a second new message!

Nickster563 describes having used the light from a Nerf GlowStrike gun to light up his copy in the absence of a blacklight, as was used to find the previous two messages. No information is readily available as to whether GlowStrike guns use a blacklight or some other kind of light. This means that there are two potential possibilities to be gleaned here:

1) There are multiple hidden messages on each poster, each revealed by a different kind of light. This seems very unlikely, since it's fairly probable that GlowStrike guns do use a blacklight, but for the time being is is theoretically a possibility. Or;

2) Each type of poster handed out during SDCC has multiple potential messages, hidden in various different places on the poster - meaning that there could be several other messages yet to be discovered on other copies of these first two posters alone!

Check below for the images (and a quick mock-up of what the message would look like in full, since the GlowStrike gun is unable to illuminate the entire message at once). We won't spoil the solution here, but in a variation from the usual procedure, check back to this post prior in the thread for the (spoiler-tagged) translation! We look forward to seeing your decoding work on the Energon Pub Forums.

Where the message was on the other poster, here there is none!

Some of the letters of this other message, on a different part of the poster.

This is what the message should read, when viewed fully.

Qwan
Gestalt Team Leader
Watch Qwan on YouTube

Postby Black Bumblebee » Sat Aug 04, 2018 1:11 am

Consdering the message (no spoiler just yet), do you think they are talking about a message on Prowl?
Visit http://www.youtube.com/user/Pepsimus to see the latest episodes of The War Within animated, adapted from the comic of the same name. Episodes 1 & 2 complete!
Black Bumblebee
Pretender
News Credits: 2
Buy from Black Bumblebee on eBay

Postby ZeroWolf » Sat Aug 04, 2018 1:18 am

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
The mystery deepens :-? Have we confirmed anything from the other two posters yet?
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
News Credits: 1350

Postby Conwise » Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:55 am

Motto: "The answer to all those questions is "who knows?" And that's a great answer! That's the best answer ever!"
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
I think Emerje is going in the right direction with Prowl being on a poster. I think that this message is meant to point us in the direction of the next one. Since the first secret message on this poster seems like the one we were supposed to find first, this message is pointing to the next part. Prowl springs to mind when you read this message and he was on the poster the first secret message was found on. If you look, the message on that poster was directly over top of him. This message was telling us to look for that. If this is the case, than I think there should be another message from the poster with Prowl on it pointing to us at where to go next.

But, hey, that's just my long-winded theory. I didn't go to SDCC or get any posters so I just have to wait for other people to find the messages.
Conwise
Mini-Con
Strength: 2
Endurance: 4
Firepower: 8
Skill: 9

Postby Wireless_Phantom » Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:18 am

Motto: ""There is no fate, no destiny, only your will.""
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
This was fun to decode, since I got here before it was already translated for once.
You can trust the man who speaks in purple
Wireless_Phantom
Headmaster Jr
Watch Wireless_Phantom on YouTube
Alt Mode: White Transmetal Dragon
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 9
Courage: 9
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10

Postby Darth-Badguy » Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:33 am

Has anyone posted the translation somewhere?
Darth-Badguy
Mini-Con

Postby Qwan » Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:38 am

Darth-Badguy wrote:Has anyone posted the translation somewhere?

Check this post further back in the thread ;)

Qwan
Gestalt Team Leader
Watch Qwan on YouTube

Postby Nickster563 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:15 pm

Well it seems each copy of a poster does indeed have unique hidden messages. I finally got a proper blacklight and was not able to find the first hidden message but did finally get the whole message i found in ome picture.
Attachments
15334458325592545967626529933501.jpg
Nickster563
Mini-Con

Postby starrhero » Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:03 am

Nickster563 wrote:Well it seems each copy of a poster does indeed have unique hidden messages. I finally got a proper blacklight and was not able to find the first hidden message but did finally get the whole message i found in ome picture.

Oh boy, how in Primus' name are we going to track down every single individual poster if each poster has a unique message? After all, there are so many of those posters, but not only that, we have to also consider if any younger kids got any of the posters or other people who don't have a Seibertron, TFW2005, or any other message board account to talk about their discoveries. :BANG_HEAD:

Though I must say, :HASBRO: is doing a pretty good job with the community interaction in this line, with the only setback potentially being this potential 'each poster has a unique message thing.'
starrhero
Minibot
News Credits: 1
Watch starrhero on YouTube

Postby WreckerJack » Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:54 am

Motto: "The complain train is leaving the station."
Weapon: Arc-Welders
I wonder if these go in some type of order. Does anyone have a list of all of the ones so far?
WreckerJack
Godmaster
News Credits: 295
Speed: 5
Skill: 8

Postby Qwan » Sun Aug 05, 2018 2:58 am

WreckerJack wrote:I wonder if these go in some type of order. Does anyone have a list of all of the ones so far?

So far, we have:

- Activate Operation Counterstrike
- Autobots, the hour is upon us
- Seek the strategist

That's also the order they've been discovered in. I'm figuring "Autobots, the hour is upon us" is intended to prefix some phrase or another (be it one of the other two we've found, or another one we haven't uncovered yet).

(I figure it's been long enough by this point that we can at least de-spoiler the first two. Yeah?)

Qwan
Gestalt Team Leader
Watch Qwan on YouTube

Postby Emerje » Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:04 am

Qwan wrote:I'm figuring "Autobots, the hour is upon us" is intended to prefix some phrase or another (be it one of the other two we've found, or another one we haven't uncovered yet).

I think this one is actually referencing the non-hidden, but still in Cybertronian "light our darkest hour". In the movie the "darkest hour" that was upon the Autobots was the arrival of Unicron so I still believe that's where these messages are heading.

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff

Postby WreckerJack » Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:06 am

Motto: "The complain train is leaving the station."
Weapon: Arc-Welders
That does make sense considering the IDW comics are about Unicron too. I know these are different things but - how cool would it be if they were connected somehow? (And how many ppl have been asking for comic character figures - I still want Pharma and Drift dangit!)
WreckerJack
Godmaster
News Credits: 295
Speed: 5
Skill: 8

Postby Amelie » Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:10 am

Motto: "I-I'm sorry.. I-I'll be going now.."
Weapon: No Weapon
WreckerJack wrote:I still want Pharma and Drift dangit!)

Is Generations Drift not good enough?
Burn wrote:Let it be known, I murdered Amelie.
Accidentally.

Back from the dead, like some curious zombie amalgam...
Amelie
Godmaster
News Credits: 33
Alt Mode: Unicrons Transformation Cog
Strength: 3
Firepower: 1

Postby Emerje » Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:21 am

Amelie wrote:
WreckerJack wrote:I still want Pharma and Drift dangit!)

Is Generations Drift not good enough?

That figure is already eight years old and we never got another one in Generations which is really crazy. At the time they were shoehorning Drift into all sorts of G1 stories making it look like he'd be the next big thing with lots of future figure potential. Then Windblade comes along and steals his thunder. Variations of Drift got to be in RID and the movies, but basically the same looking Windblade got to be nearly everywhere.

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff

Postby Amelie » Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:33 am

Motto: "I-I'm sorry.. I-I'll be going now.."
Weapon: No Weapon
Yes... It's that time. It's that time to feel old. Again.

8 years? Vector Sigma... I remember that figure like it was yesterday. Its definitely been too long...
Burn wrote:Let it be known, I murdered Amelie.
Accidentally.

Back from the dead, like some curious zombie amalgam...
Amelie
Godmaster
News Credits: 33
Alt Mode: Unicrons Transformation Cog
Strength: 3
Firepower: 1

Postby ZeroWolf » Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:40 am

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
WreckerJack wrote:That does make sense considering the IDW comics are about Unicron too. I know these are different things but - how cool would it be if they were connected somehow? (And how many ppl have been asking for comic character figures - I still want Pharma and Drift dangit!)

Why I do think it'll be awesome for this line to go he whole hog and introduce Unicron with his own faction (you know the drill, Titan Unicron with a Leader class main underling/herald and a couple of voyagers and a few deluxes and a weaponizer or two) it's just I can't see him being teased till the second line at least. Anything to do with the end of the comics is purely coincidence as when this line is full swing, idw continuity as it currently is will already be cold in the ground.

Reboot continuity on the other hand...;-)
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
News Credits: 1350

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT SPLINTERED FATE #1 Cvr C 1:10 IDW Comics 2023 JUN231483 1C (CA) Rahzzah"
TMNT SPLINTERED FA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT VS STREET FIGHTER #3 Cvr B IDW Comics 2023 MAY231432 3B (CA) Brown"
TMNT VS STREET FIG ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MIGHTY MORPHIN POWER RANGERS #111 Cvr H 1:100 Boom Studios Comics JUN230416 111H"
MIGHTY MORPHIN POW ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT VS STREET FIGHTER #3 Cvr D 1:25 IDW Comics 2023 MAY231434 3D (CA) Federici"
TMNT VS STREET FIG ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "POWER RANGERS #2 Cvr A Boom Studios Comics 2020 OCT200936 2A (CA) Scalera"
POWER RANGERS #2 C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT #146 Cvr A IDW Comics 2023 OCT231349 146A Turtles Ongoing (CA) Federici"
TMNT #146 Cvr A ID ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT + USAGI YOJIMBO WHEREWHEN #5 Cvr A IDW Comics 2023 MAY231425 5A (CA) Sakai"
TMNT + USAGI YOJIM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT #119 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2021 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles APR210674 119RI"
TMNT #119 RI 1:10 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT Saturday Morning Adv Halloween Special #1 Cvr F 1:25 IDW Comics AUG231435"
TMNT Saturday Morn ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT Saturday Morning Adv #5 Cvr A IDW Comics 2023 JUL231255 5A (CA) Lawrence"
TMNT Saturday Morn ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MIGHTY MORPHIN POWER RANGERS #108 Cvr D 1:25 Boom Studios Comics MAR230266 108D"
MIGHTY MORPHIN POW ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT + USAGI YOJIMBO WHEREWHEN #5 Cvr D 1:25 RI IDW Comics MAY231428 5D Sakai"
TMNT + USAGI YOJIM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MMPR THE RETURN #3 Cvr D 1:25 Boom Studios Comics 2024 FEB240072 3D (CA) Frany"
NEW!
MMPR THE RETURN #3 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT Last Ronin LOST YEARS #5 Cvr A IDW Comics 2023 APR231601 5A (CA) Gallant"
TMNT Last Ronin LO ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Battleslash" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Elita-1" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Sinnertwin" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Power Charge Bumblebee Action Figure - Spinning Core, Lights and Sounds - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 10.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Novastar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Grax and Skullsmasher" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Wreck-Gar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Wheeljack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Protectobot Rook Figure" on AMAZON