This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Discussion Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Discussion Thread

Postby william-james88 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:02 am

Motto: "'till All Are One"
AcademyofDrX wrote:I'm here for Siege Prime. I had the Classics figure but the vehicle update meant I couldn't see it as G1. The Siege vehicle mode isn't pure either, but the bot accuracy makes up for that. And maybe I'm in the minority but I'm not worried about the weathering.

I'm perfectly happy with CW Magnus so I'm going to pass on that. $50 is a lot for an incremental change on a figure that's only 3 years old. RiD was after my time, though, so I don't have the nostalgia angle.

We're not expecting Legends class in Siege, right? Might have to wait until next year for a good Cliffjumper?

No legends class planned for seige, instead its the micromaster 2 packs.

I jus wanted to comment on what you wrote in bold. I disagree about it being an incremental change, it is instead a totally different interpretation of the transformation, fiction and homage. CW Magnus is more comparable to the MP in the sense that its about converting from one mode the next and the cab beign integrated into the transformation rather than transforming into a bot itself. Sure CW magnus has that extra IDW bit of a tiny white guy but thats more of a bonus and not integral to the transformation from car carrier to bot.

This Magnus here is a completely new take in the generations line, something we have not seen in Magnus in 20 years where the cab does become its own white prime with the trailer becoming armour for it. And since I buy ots to experience their transformations and the little tricks from designers, this is a sure buy for me.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4492
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby Cyberpath » Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:27 pm

I'll get Optimus Prime, of course. Will just have to paint the crotch myself. And if the wear-effects can be removed, and easily, all the better.

Kind of tempted to finally get an Ultra Magnus with a "White Convoy" inside; never had or wanted one before, but it's cool (and surprising) that it's a totally different mold than Prime.

However, it looks a little cheap that the windshields and grill are the same piece of bare translucent plastic. Don't you think? A big blue T on his torso.

Still thinking about Cog and Sideswipe.. btw, Hasbro has been really cheap with guns lately.. (The Constructicons, Autobot Headmasters, Brawl..) and now Sideswipe, that has to alternate a single weapon as his shoulder cannon and hand-gun.
Cyberpath
City Commander
News Credits: 372

Postby Cobotron » Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:20 pm

Motto: "Free your mind, and your ass will follow!"
Weapon: Sword
I think it looks Blue-T-ful.

:P
Enter the COLLECT-O-TRON
Burn wrote:
Agamemnon wrote:Let's get back to talking about Burn's mammoth snout flopping... :-s

Well I am Australian. It's kinda what we're known for.
Cobotron
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 41
Alt Mode: A Sleeping Bear
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 9
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10

Postby ZeroWolf » Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:25 pm

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
I actually like the blue on inner Magnus chest. It ties the deco together.
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
News Credits: 1350

Postby Skritz » Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:36 pm

It's not perfect but it does make him stand out from Optimus a bit more.
Skritz
Gestalt

Postby Cyberpath » Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:07 pm

Cobotron wrote:I think it looks Blue-T-ful.

:P

:lol:

I might do it myself, with some silver paint or a chrome pen, whichever works better.

Skritz wrote:It's not perfect but it does make him stand out from Optimus a bit more.

I think the molds are different enough that a little silver paint on the grill and some definition on the windshield frames wouldn't hurt. :-?

Attachments
prime magnus.jpg
Optimus Prime Ultra Magnus White Convoy
magnus grill.jpg
Ultra Magnus White Convoy
Cyberpath
City Commander
News Credits: 372

Postby Burn » Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:01 pm

Motto: "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings to randomly click things in the Admin Panel to see what it breaks."
Good ol reliable HLJ. Just threw everything on order, then if they manage to turn up locally I'll cancel them otherwise I'll be importing.

Sad part is, even with freight from Japan, they still work out roughly the same price as if I were to buy them locally.
Burn
Forum Admin
News Credits: 226

Postby Emerje » Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:02 pm

Motto: "Spellcheck's antithesis."
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
Optimus also has a clear blue grill in truck mode, I guess that's their idea of Cybertronian.

Just noticed something from the recent photos. At first I thought he had an unsightly hollow space on the back of his legs, and on a figure line that we were told would feel a little more premium.

Then I noticed on the inside of his legs he has gray panels that are supposed to swing around and cover that space. ;)^

Now why haven't we seen the hover mode Warden told us about yet?

I was also trying to figure out why white Magnus had so many hinges in his chest when they didn't seem to be used in bot or truck mode. Turns out they're used flatten his torso a slight big more and probably sink the grill in to make room for the armor without it making his chest stick out more. You can see inside the chest windows that the top half the smaller torso is pulled in and tilted slightly to make room. They're really going above and beyond trying to make good looking figures.

He also has a rotating crotch to give Ultra Magnus his belt. There's a feature.

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff
News Credits: 235
Alt Mode: Lobster Moose
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Courage: 10
Firepower: 3
Skill: 6

Postby ZeroWolf » Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:29 pm

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
Good eye there Emerje :) I spotted the back of Primes legs but not thd panel to hide them. We really shouldn't be surprised at mistransformations now should we :lol:.
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
News Credits: 1350

Postby Autobot N » Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:33 pm

Motto: "Fate rarely calls upon us at our moment of choosing."
Weapon: Electro-Sword
Y'know, despite not caring much for Siege Prime at first, every picture I see of him makes me want him even more.
Check out my collection thread!
Autobot N
City Commander
News Credits: 42
Alt Mode: Police Motorcycle
Strength: 6
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 4
Courage: 5
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Postby Bounti76 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:40 pm

Weapon: Vibro-Axe
I wonder why TT's Punch-Counterpunch comes with Solus Prime, when Hasbro's comes with Prima. Solus came with Repugnus.
Bounti76
News Staff
News Credits: 376
Strength: 5
Speed: 5
Endurance: 9
Firepower: 6
Skill: 8

Postby Skritz » Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:42 pm

Emerje wrote:a rotating crotch

...those are words I never expected to read. >:oP
Skritz
Gestalt

Postby Short Circuit » Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:00 pm

Weapon: Dual-Sonic Disrupter Gun
I have to say, as much as I'm bummed that there's a new magnus with the evolution gimmick after I already have CW Magnus+PE White Prime, but this toy's look and colours make him a more than worthwhile replacement. CW Magnus was just TOO IDW and as much as I liked the toy I really was never completely happy with the look. I'll just have to paint him as Diaclone Magnus one day to honour my 1 character, one toy rule.

That being said, I want prime just to scale with magnus, and sideswipe looks like a mini masterpiece! Hoping his brother Sunstreaker is in the pipeline. Hasbro really put some effort into this wave and hopefully that will continue on through the line.
Short Circuit
Fuzor
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Micro-Jet
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Courage: 6
Skill: 5

Postby Wolfman Jake » Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:20 pm

Motto: ""A mountain with a wolf on it stands a little taller."
-Edward Hoagland"
Weapon: Retractable Mecha-Fangs
Cyberpath wrote:

What's up with the weathering specifically on the thighs of some of these figures in Siege? What kind of combat gets your thighs dirty but your shins pristine? Sideswipe has much more believable wear with it being mostly on his shins.

Also, from where on earth do Hasbro and Takara Tomy get the gray shin paint apps for Optimus Prime? They're not from the original toy or the original cartoon, but they're a staple of almost every "G1" Optimus Prime update for over 12 years now. Even MP-10 sports the gray shin vents.
Wolfman Jake - Spendin' the day howlin' away.
Wolfman Jake
Faction Commander
News Credits: 65
Alt Mode: Wolf
Intelligence: 10
Firepower: 2

Postby Skritz » Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:23 pm

Wolfman Jake wrote:
Cyberpath wrote:

What's up with the weathering specifically on the thighs of some of these figures in Siege? What kind of combat gets your thighs dirty but your shins pristine? Sideswipe has much more believable wear with it being mostly on his shins.

Also, from where on earth do Hasbro and Takara Tomy get the gray shin paint apps for Optimus Prime? They're not from the original toy or the original cartoon, but they're a staple of almost every "G1" Optimus Prime update for over 12 years now. Even MP-10 sports the gray shin vents.

My guess is that vent, in general, aren't exactly known to be painted.
Skritz
Gestalt

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:28 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
I must be in the minority in that I really like the battle damaged deco. It really helps set the decos apart, and I think it looks good.

Prime keeps convincing me I really don't need him, those new shots make him seem even less appealing

Still on board with the battlemasters and micromasters. I will buy all of them. I love the little dudes, and they take up a lot less space.

Deluxes are still killing it. I'm pretty happy with Sideswipe, seeing as how it took so long for me to finally get my 2nd favorite bot in generations form. Cog keeps looking even better!

Magnus has actually started to warm to me, and it's hard because I have my perfect Magnus in CW, but this one is so different and trying for something so much separated from my CW Magnus.
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Strength: 5
Endurance: 7
Firepower: 8

Postby Wolfman Jake » Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:29 pm

-Edward Hoagland"
ThunderThruster wrote:See, I like G1, I grew up on the G1 toon, but that doesn't mean I want the same characters and designs being rehashed every few years.
When Classics first started, it was about updating the old designs, not just in articulation, but also style. And IMO classics Prime is still the go to figure to fit this ideology.
If I wanted a new 'G1' Prime, I'd go for an MP figure, not this new Siege figure.

The Classics 2006 mold of Optimus Prime was pretty good for its time, but it hasn't aged as well compared to the majority of the rest of the Classics/Universe 2008/Generations line. It's undersized for a voyager class toy, so it doesn't scale as well as it should with other characters in the series. The truck kibble hanging off the arms is pretty atrocious, especially if you want to put the figure in any kind of a dynamic pose. Even though there are many options for the mold out there: Classics, Henkei, AoE Evolution, Cloud, Platinum Edition, etc., there's always something a little off with any deco, and you're going to have to mix and match parts to get a really good, cohesive, accurate looking Optimus Prime.
Wolfman Jake
Faction Commander

Postby Wolfman Jake » Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:50 pm

-Edward Hoagland"
Skritz wrote:My guess is that vent, in general, aren't exactly known to be painted.

I'm not sure what you're trying to say here. The vents on the shins aren't supposed to be painted, from what I can see of the original toy and cartoon, but they almost always are, particularly by Hasbro, but even by Takara too. It's a weird "accepted" detail that kind of came out of nowhere and is based on nothing from the original source material.
Wolfman Jake
Faction Commander

Postby bacem » Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:47 pm

Yeah, i am still icky about the battle damage deco. Yeah, they are easy to remove, but first i want to be sure they are paint on a plastic, not paint on top of another paint, otherwise i might risk taking off the paint that makes the figure looks good.
bacem
Combiner
News Credits: 31
Watch bacem on YouTube

Postby fenrir72 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:55 pm

Motto: "Power to the strong and the right!"
Weapon: Plasma Cannon
Wolfman Jake wrote:
Skritz wrote:My guess is that vent, in general, aren't exactly known to be painted.

I'm not sure what you're trying to say here. The vents on the shins aren't supposed to be painted, from what I can see of the original toy and cartoon, but they almost always are, particularly by Hasbro, but even by Takara too. It's a weird "accepted" detail that kind of came out of nowhere and is based on nothing from the original source material.

Creative preference of the designers? Starscream too never had those breast turbines (Studio Ox I believe started the trend) yet here we have them.
fenrir72
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 60
Buy from fenrir72 on eBay
Alt Mode: Mobile Ground Fortress
Strength: 9
Endurance: 10+
Firepower: 8
Skill: 9

Postby william-james88 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:17 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
Bounti76 wrote:I wonder why TT's Punch-Counterpunch comes with Solus Prime, when Hasbro's comes with Prima. Solus came with Blast Off.

Megatronus came with blast off.
But yeah, Prima comes with Punch, i will make the edit later
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4492
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby Skritz » Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:44 pm

Wolfman Jake wrote:

If those are meant to be vents you see on a truck it would make sense for them to be unpainted grey. Which, in turn, translate to painted parts on a figure.
Skritz
Gestalt

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:17 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Wolfman Jake wrote:Also, from where on earth do Hasbro and Takara Tomy get the gray shin paint apps for Optimus Prime? They're not from the original toy or the original cartoon, but they're a staple of almost every "G1" Optimus Prime update for over 12 years now. Even MP-10 sports the gray shin vents.
MP-1 seems to be the originator of the gray vents, with lots of artists and designers just following in suit from MP-1's example with the vents being gray.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 435
Strength: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby Short Circuit » Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:25 pm

Weapon: Dual-Sonic Disrupter Gun
I wanna say the thigh paint is reminiscent of grease lubing up thier mechanical parts for transformation, and prime’s leg transformation is known for his thighs collapsing into his lower leg. Warring robots have no time to clean off excess fluids and replace paint chipped from constant transformation. :-?

As for the shins, it’s a vent, so I guess just to break up the swathe of blue?
Short Circuit
Fuzor
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Micro-Jet
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 8
Endurance: 5
Courage: 6

Postby Sentinel_Primal » Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:56 pm

Weapon: Thermal Sword
Random thought: What if Magnus has a Matrix chamber? I know it's very unlikely to happen given they severed all ties to Prime Wars, but I think it'd be a nice touch to have a non-MP Magnus be able to carry the Matrix like in the movie. Plus, he looks to be the right size for it. Oh well, a guy can dream
Sentinel_Primal
Godmaster
News Credits: 12
Alt Mode: Sea Serpent
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 5
Endurance: 4
Courage: 4

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BLASTER + FLIGHT-PACK Transformers G1 Action Masters complete 1990 240109A"
NEW!
BLASTER + FLIGHT-P ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #9 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2021 AUG210585 9RI (CA) Milne"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KICKBACK Transformers Legacy Deluxe G1 Universe Insecticon Hasbro 2022 New"
NEW!
KICKBACK Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BLACKARACHNIA Transformers Beast Wars Super7 Reaction Retro Figure 2023 New"
BLACKARACHNIA Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers G1 JUMBO COLLECTORS CASE Hasbro Tara Toy 1984 Great Condition"
NEW!
Transformers G1 JU ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KICKBACK Transformers G1 Insecticons complete + box + more Hasbro 1985 221122A"
NEW!
KICKBACK Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "LASER OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Legacy United Leader G2 Universe 2024 New"
LASER OPTIMUS PRIM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HOT ROD Transformers The Movie G1 Retro reissue Walmart exclusive 2023 New"
HOT ROD Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ROAD ROCKET Transformers Legacy Velocitron Speedia 500 G2 Deluxe 2022 New"
ROAD ROCKET Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #8 Cvr B IDW Comics 2021 JUL210497 8B (CA) Gee"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers Wreckers TREAD & CIRCUITS #1 Cvr A IDW Comics 2021 AUG210537 1A"
Transformers Wreck ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MEGATRON + GUM variant Transformers G2 Go-Bots Gobots Takara 1995 New 210112"
MEGATRON + GUM var ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #13 Cvr A IDW Comics 2022 DEC210543 13A (CA) SidVenBlu"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers Roleplaying Game DICE BAG Renegade Game Studios RPG AUG218181 New"
Transformers Rolep ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Tailgate" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Misfire and Aimless" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Blackwing" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Cutthroat" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Toys Megatron Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Fusion Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 11.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Victorion Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition "Year of the Goat" Exclusive Masterpiece Soundwave by Hasbro" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Smokescreen" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Decepticon Krok and Gatorface" on AMAZON