This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Discussion Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Discussion Thread

Postby Sentinel_Primal » Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:40 am

Weapon: Thermal Sword
Stormshot_Prime wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Stormshot_Prime wrote:Can’t wait to see Impactor! I’ve lost too many bidding wars for his Combiner award exclusive, and the FOC figure is just straight up lame. Hopefully he’s accurate to both his G1 UK look and his IDW look.

My only concern is why they’re making him a Decepticon? I get the whole “versus” aspect of the fan vote, but it would hav been plenty believable if he was a rogue Autobot, or specifically designated as a Wrecker. That’s like releasing a Decepticon Cliffjumper if you ask me.
It's supposed to be before he chose his finalized side in the war, with Mirage being the one who convinces him to join.

That’s suprisingly satisfying

I just hope they go the same route they did with CW Megatron and include optional stickers so you can choose which side to give him, or maybe something similar to RotF Wheelie with the rotating symbol to convey the message if that's their story for it
Sentinel_Primal
Godmaster
News Credits: 12
Alt Mode: Sea Serpent
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 6
Endurance: 4
Courage: 4
Firepower: 2
Skill: 5

Postby Stormshot_Prime » Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:45 am

Motto: "Primus is in his heaven, all’s right with the world."
Weapon: Fusion-Powered Particle Blaster
Sentinel_Primal wrote:
Stormshot_Prime wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Stormshot_Prime wrote:Can’t wait to see Impactor! I’ve lost too many bidding wars for his Combiner award exclusive, and the FOC figure is just straight up lame. Hopefully he’s accurate to both his G1 UK look and his IDW look.

My only concern is why they’re making him a Decepticon? I get the whole “versus” aspect of the fan vote, but it would hav been plenty believable if he was a rogue Autobot, or specifically designated as a Wrecker. That’s like releasing a Decepticon Cliffjumper if you ask me.
It's supposed to be before he chose his finalized side in the war, with Mirage being the one who convinces him to join.

That’s suprisingly satisfying

I just hope they go the same route they did with CW Megatron and include optional stickers so you can choose which side to give him, or maybe something similar to RotF Wheelie with the rotating symbol to convey the message if that's their story for it

It definitely seems like he has a sort of “mild” redemption thing going on with this new fiction. Makes me wonder if we’ll be getting an exclusive comic or even another short cartoon series, but I doubt it. Not like Cyberverse is sweeping the fandom.

But the insignia flipping gimmick has always been a favorite of mine, especially Armada Sideways and Animated Shockwave
Stormshot_Prime
Vehicon
Alt Mode: All-Terrain Battle SUV
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 5
Endurance: 6
Courage: 7
Firepower: 4
Skill: 7

Postby ZeroWolf » Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:35 am

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
Cyberverse is better than most people give it credit for. Also if we get a Siege miniseries, let's hope its comic only, machima did no favours with the Prime Wars Trilogy.
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
News Credits: 1350

Postby mordhelm » Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:23 am

Weapon: Electro-Sword
After looking at the scale guide for the Sunbow cartoon, it makes total sense that Reflector is deluxe. Also means Omega Supreme might be slightly taller than Devastator.
mordhelm
Vehicon
News Credits: 13
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10

Postby leokearon » Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:47 am

Motto: "Every little bit helps"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
Well if the Race Track Patrol get a WFC update it will be without their leader
Looking for:
G2 Sideswipe's spoiler
leokearon
Gestalt Team Leader
News Credits: 18
Intelligence: 8
Endurance: 6
Courage: 6
Firepower: 8
Skill: 9

Postby Nemesis Primal » Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:52 am

Motto: "Anything worth doing is worth suffering for."
Weapon: Flamethrower Cannons
Sabrblade wrote:
Skritz wrote:If he's a Deluxe, then he most likely is a Prowl retool which use the Evergreen Barricade.
Yeah, Evergreen Barricade seems most likely.

If it's a Deluxe of this design, I'm buying it so fast, I want this in plastic form so badly.
Nemesis Primal
Godmaster
News Credits: 48
Alt Mode: Transmetal Velociraptor
Strength: 6
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 7
Firepower: 9
Skill: 7

Postby o.supreme » Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:53 am

Motto: "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes"
mordhelm wrote:After looking at the scale guide for the Sunbow cartoon, it makes total sense that Reflector is deluxe. Also means Omega Supreme might be slightly taller than Devastator.

Omega should be, but with Hasbro you never know. To compare to 18 inch (almost 46 cm) CW/UW Devastator, an Ideal Titan Omega Supreme would be about 20 inches (almost 51 cm). But that is at the head, so if he looks like the classic, the tracks protruding from his back would be quite extensive one would think...I guess we'll see in the coming months.
Bucket/Want List: Botcon 2016 Customization Class Ratchet (G2 Deco), or Customization Class Ratchet (Marvel Comics Deco) **would also be willing to pay for an Unpainted Botcon 2016 Ratchet, TT Legends Fortress Head (only) with working Electronics

Wish List of Modern Combiners: Road Caesar, Monstructor & Dinoking (proper size to fiction), Landcross, Guard City, Battle Gaia, & G2 Defensor. Wish List of Titans:Metrotitan,Majin Zarak
o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 55
Watch o.supreme on YouTube
Buy from o.supreme on eBay

Postby Sentinel_Primal » Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:06 am

o.supreme wrote:
mordhelm wrote:After looking at the scale guide for the Sunbow cartoon, it makes total sense that Reflector is deluxe. Also means Omega Supreme might be slightly taller than Devastator.

Omega should be, but with Hasbro you never know. To compare to 18 inch (almost 46 cm) CW/UW Devastator, an Ideal Titan Omega Supreme would be about 20 inches (almost 51 cm). But that is at the head, so if he looks like the classic, the tracks protruding from his back would be quite extensive one would think...I guess we'll see in the coming months.

Didn't they say at SDCC that if they were to make a titan Omega He'd be in scale with CW/UW Devastator?
Sentinel_Primal
Godmaster

Postby o.supreme » Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:12 am

Sentinel_Primal wrote:Didn't they say at SDCC that if they were to make a titan Omega He'd be in scale with CW/UW Devastator?

Nothing was said at SDCC other than Warden ...(paraphrasing) -We are always looking at the next BIG thing. When you think of the critical last days of Cybertron...what Titan comes to mind?

*I* would have thought that Hasbro would make a Trypticon to scale with Metroplex, didn't happen. Not saying it's a bad toy, or that Hasbro would do the same thing again, just pointing out a past example.
Bucket/Want List: Botcon 2016 Customization Class Ratchet (G2 Deco), or Customization Class Ratchet (Marvel Comics Deco) **would also be willing to pay for an Unpainted Botcon 2016 Ratchet, TT Legends Fortress Head (only) with working Electronics

Wish List of Modern Combiners: Road Caesar, Monstructor & Dinoking (proper size to fiction), Landcross, Guard City, Battle Gaia, & G2 Defensor. Wish List of Titans:Metrotitan,Majin Zarak
o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Sentinel_Primal » Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:16 am

o.supreme wrote:
Sentinel_Primal wrote:Didn't they say at SDCC that if they were to make a titan Omega He'd be in scale with CW/UW Devastator?

Nothing was said at SDCC other than Warden ...(paraphrasing) -We are always looking at the next BIG thing. When you think of the critical last days of Cybertron...what Titan comes to mind?

*I* would have thought that Hasbro would make a Trypticon to scale with Metroplex, didn't happen. Not saying it's a bad toy, or that Hasbro would do the same thing again, just pointing out a past example.

AH, my bad. I thought I had seen that somewhere, but I was also one of the people who immediately jumped at the thought that Omega would be the titan. Let's hope quality control is better than Trypticon though... I waited months after the hip problem was announced before picking one up and even now I'm still worried his hips'll die on me like his tail did
Sentinel_Primal
Godmaster

Postby ZeroWolf » Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:44 am

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
o.supreme wrote:

Could tryp be scaled to metroplex height, still have the length on him and still fit the price point?
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
News Credits: 1350

Postby bengear » Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:50 am

is it me or does fully armored UM have forced ankle tilt? That is kind of a bummer but it looks like his feet are set at a slightly crooked angle (something that annoys me, especially if pretty much all of the others have nicely freely tilting ankles). :BOOM:
bengear
Micromaster

Postby o.supreme » Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:56 am

ZeroWolf wrote:Could tryp be scaled to metroplex height, still have the length on him and still fit the price point?

The original Trypticon WAS bigger AND slightly more expensive than his counterpart. I found that if you put out a good enough quality product, fans will justify the price (as was evidenced by some fans preferring to purchase :TAKARATOMY: product until the band Unification). If you are talking about parents purchasing for their kids.... If they are willing to pay $150 for Fort Max in 2016, I'm sure they wouldn't mind paying $175 for a slightly larger Trypticon in 2017. If parents aren't forking out that much for a large toy, then it wouldn't matter either way.

All that said...I don't think Hasbro is going to miss the mark on Omega Supreme's size. I'm sure that's the least of people's concern right now. All we can do now is wait, and look forward to the reveals, oh and also keep communicating to Hasbro now, if they plan a Scorponok Titan for 2020, please make THAT size appropriate, we don't want a repeat of the original's size discrepancy.
Last edited by o.supreme on Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:04 pm, edited 4 times in total.

o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby CommunistPrime » Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:57 am

Weapon: Rapid-Fire Sonic Shell Cannons
I would love if we got a figure of that g1/evergreen design for Barricade out of a prowl, Makes me hope they will rework the listed Springer into Blackout somehow
CommunistPrime
Mini-Con
News Credits: 3
Strength: 7
Speed: 2
Endurance: 5
Courage: 1
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 6

Postby Dr. Caelus » Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:12 pm

I kind of wish the $20 listing for "Barricade" was for an actual barricade. Given the 'siege' aspect of the series, it would have made sense to have some playsets/set pieces with attachment points for the weapons and blast effects, and 5mm pegs to stick bots' feet to the scenery.
Check out my books, Titanomachies and Divine Retribution, on my blog!
Dr. Caelus
Faction Commander
News Credits: 6

Postby Sentinel_Primal » Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:12 pm

bengear wrote:is it me or does fully armored UM have forced ankle tilt? That is kind of a bummer but it looks like his feet are set at a slightly crooked angle (something that annoys me, especially if pretty much all of the others have nicely freely tilting ankles). :BOOM:

I think it's just you. Looking at the in hand pics from the Tokyo Model show it looks like he has normal ankle tilts. They just keep posing him with the A pose
Sentinel_Primal
Godmaster

Postby william-james88 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:56 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
o.supreme wrote:until the band Unification

CCR is getting back together? Sorry, couldnt resist.

o.supreme wrote:All that said...I don't think Hasbro is going to miss the mark on Omega Supreme's size. I'm sure that's the least of people's concern right now.

I agree 100%. And while i am not good at this, I think we can aproximate his size. We have the head and we know Hasbro is basing most of these designs on animation models (which Warden said) so we could use that and the proportions on his model and work out how big he would be.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4470
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

In Package Images of Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Megatron and Optimus Prime

Postby Va'al » Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:43 pm

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
Courtesy of an old source from whom we had heard little in the past couple of weeks, Weibo user TF-factory over here, we have the first images of the new packaging for the upcoming Transformers: War for Cybertron Siege toyline - specifically for the Voyager Autobot Optimus Prime and Decepticon Megatron characters!

Seen both in the new battle heavy artwork boxes, with plastic window and close to collectible series such as Star Wars and Marvel Legends, and in their stock images of both robot and vehicle modes, you can check them out below, and let us know what you think of the next iteration of storytelling and toys in the Transformers brand.

Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby DaXtraLargeRobot » Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:05 pm

Motto: "Sometimes the easy way is the right way... sometimes."
Weapon: Laser-Blazer Broadsword
Is it just me or does it look like Prime's chest opens? Does anyone know if that's just part of the transformation? Back on topic though, the packaging looks great and I love the grey that they're using on Megatron. This entire line looks great, I haven't been this excited for a new Transformers line since, well, ever.
DaXtraLargeRobot
Mini-Con
Alt Mode: A flatbed missile truck
Strength: 8
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10+

Postby chuckdawg1999 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:19 pm

Motto: "The man, the myth, the legend... yeah right."
Weapon: Saber Blade
And they're back to using packaging that will make it impossible to store the boxes.
chuckdawg1999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 317
Watch chuckdawg1999 on YouTube
Buy from chuckdawg1999 on eBay
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Postby Randomhero » Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:28 pm

DaXtraLargeRobot wrote:Is it just me or does it look like Prime's chest opens? Does anyone know if that's just part of the transformation? Back on topic though, the packaging looks great and I love the grey that they're using on Megatron. This entire line looks great, I haven't been this excited for a new Transformers line since, well, ever.

It’s where his head goes
Randomhero
Gestalt

Postby Randomhero » Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:28 pm

chuckdawg1999 wrote:And they're back to using packaging that will make it impossible to store the boxes.

A cure for the common hoarder
Randomhero
Gestalt

Postby no-one » Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:32 pm

Randomhero wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:And they're back to using packaging that will make it impossible to store the boxes.
A cure for the common hoarder
I've given up on keeping regular mainline boxes. I just toss them all in the recycling bin.

It's actually quite freeing :DANCE:
no-one
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 131

Postby Emerje » Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:39 pm

Motto: "Spellcheck's antithesis."
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
Coptur wrote:Did anyone ask if say Nightflight & Tailwind were going to join their team mates at some point?

At SDCC they said they don't have plans to do the other halves of any of the teams. :(

I am surprised we've gone this far and the only Micromasters out of the 10 we've seen that share parts are Red Heat and Bigshot. That's pretty crazy, especially when Stakeout could have easily been a retool of Road Handler.

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff
News Credits: 229
Alt Mode: Lobster Moose
Strength: 9
Speed: 4
Endurance: 8
Firepower: 3
Skill: 6

Postby DaXtraLargeRobot » Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:44 pm

Motto: "Sometimes the easy way is the right way... sometimes."
Weapon: Laser-Blazer Broadsword
Randomhero wrote:
DaXtraLargeRobot wrote:Is it just me or does it look like Prime's chest opens? Does anyone know if that's just part of the transformation? Back on topic though, the packaging looks great and I love the grey that they're using on Megatron. This entire line looks great, I haven't been this excited for a new Transformers line since, well, ever.

It’s where his head goes

Oh yeah, I see it now, I wonder if it'll have a molded in matrix like the RTS deluxe did.
DaXtraLargeRobot
Mini-Con
Alt Mode: A flatbed missile truck
Strength: 8
Courage: 10+

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WALKING DEAD DLX #61 Cvr A Image Comics 2023 FEB230267 61A (CA) Finch + McCaig"
WALKING DEAD DLX # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DEPARTMENT OF TRUTH #18 Cvr C 1:25 Image Comics 2022 MAR220067 18C (CA) Shehan"
DEPARTMENT OF TRUT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCORCHED #21 Cvr B Image Comics 2023 JUN230351 21B (CA)Mattina (W) Lewis (A) Soy"
SCORCHED #21 Cvr B ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #2 Cvr E 1:50 Image Comics 2023 APR238112 2E (CA) Lotay (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #2 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SPAWN #345 Cvr B Image Comics 2023 JUN230358 345B (W) McConville (CA) Barends"
SPAWN #345 Cvr B I ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KING SPAWN #11 Cvr B Image Comics 2022 APR220209 11B (A/CA) Fernandez (W) Lewis"
KING SPAWN #11 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "UNDISCOVERED COUNTRY #21 Cvr B Image Comics 2022 JUL220262 21B (CA) Asrar"
UNDISCOVERED COUNT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #6 Cvr E 1:50 Image Comics 2024 Skybound 0124IM323 6E (CA) Quinones"
NEW!
TRANSFORMERS #6 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WALKING DEAD DLX #73 Cvr A Image Comics 2023 0823IM315 73A (CA) Finch + McCaig"
WALKING DEAD DLX # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #1 2nd ptg Cvr A Rock N Roll Image Comics 2024 GI JOE 1123IM896 (CA) Howard"
NEW!
DUKE #1 2nd ptg Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #4 Cvr C 1:10 Image Comics 2024 Skybound 1123IM344 4C (CA) Arocena"
TRANSFORMERS #4 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #5 2nd ptg Cvr A Bitterness Image Comics 2023 1023IM898 (CA) Howard"
VOID RIVALS #5 2nd ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "FERAL #1 Cvr E 1:25 virgin Image Comics 2024 1E 0124IM199 (CA) Boo (W) Fleecs"
NEW!
FERAL #1 Cvr E 1:2 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #305 Cvr B Image Comics 2024 0124IM259 305B (CA)Kubert"
NEW!
GI JOE Real Americ ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #346 - Gas Station Jamboree
Twincast / Podcast #346:
"Gas Station Jamboree"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 23rd, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Misfire and Aimless" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Nemesis Prime (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Cindersaur" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Optimal Optimus" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Buzzsaw Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Overlord Decepticon Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Autobot Blaster and Twin Cast (Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Vorath and Mindwipe" on AMAZON