This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Discussion Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Discussion Thread

Postby Emerje » Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:56 pm

Motto: "Spellcheck's antithesis."
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
Randomhero wrote:
DaXtraLargeRobot wrote:Is it just me or does it look like Prime's chest opens? Does anyone know if that's just part of the transformation? Back on topic though, the packaging looks great and I love the grey that they're using on Megatron. This entire line looks great, I haven't been this excited for a new Transformers line since, well, ever.

It’s where his head goes

And probably some of the truck parts like the grill slip inside his chest in bot mode.

The symbols after the names that we saw before with the packaged Battle Masters are back, but they're different from the two symbols we saw before. They could still be based on Cybertron cities, though Prime's doesn't look like it represents Iacon as well as the previous symbols did, but Megatron's does look a little like Kaon, maybe more than the previous symbol did. The mystery continues. :-?

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff
News Credits: 235
Alt Mode: Lobster Moose
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Endurance: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 3
Skill: 6

Postby Silverwing » Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:24 pm

We've had a lot of great packaging over the years, but this is one of my absolute favorites! I can't wait for this line to start hitting shelves.
Silverwing
Micromaster

Postby bengear » Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:49 pm

Sentinel_Primal wrote:
bengear wrote:is it me or does fully armored UM have forced ankle tilt? That is kind of a bummer but it looks like his feet are set at a slightly crooked angle (something that annoys me, especially if pretty much all of the others have nicely freely tilting ankles). :BOOM:

I think it's just you. Looking at the in hand pics from the Tokyo Model show it looks like he has normal ankle tilts. They just keep posing him with the A pose

i dunno, i’m not entirely convinced. those official pics on pg 95 of this thread look suspicious... the front on pic, legs together, show tilted feet and none of the others do. the view of the back of the legs doesn’t seem to indicate much articulation there either, almost like the bottom of foot is pegged on that white peg. the front feet look like they’re in the same position as the diorama pics from sdcc. i hope i’m wrong!

not a deal breaker but i’m not a fan of forced foot pose position. [-(
bengear
Micromaster

Postby Seibertron » Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:50 pm

Motto: "'Til All Are One!"
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
chuckdawg1999 wrote:And they're back to using packaging that will make it impossible to store the boxes.

Quite the opposite, actually. If you flip one of them around, they fit together perfectly. These should save space for those who keep their packages or keep the figures in their packages.
Seibertron
Site Owner
News Credits: 3554
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Alt Mode: Supersonic Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10+

Postby Cobotron » Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:21 pm

Motto: "Free your mind, and your ass will follow!"
Weapon: Sword
bengear wrote:
Sentinel_Primal wrote:
bengear wrote:is it me or does fully armored UM have forced ankle tilt? That is kind of a bummer but it looks like his feet are set at a slightly crooked angle (something that annoys me, especially if pretty much all of the others have nicely freely tilting ankles). :BOOM:

I think it's just you. Looking at the in hand pics from the Tokyo Model show it looks like he has normal ankle tilts. They just keep posing him with the A pose

i dunno, i’m not entirely convinced. those official pics on pg 95 of this thread look suspicious... the front on pic, legs together, show tilted feet and none of the others do. the view of the back of the legs doesn’t seem to indicate much articulation there either, almost like the bottom of foot is pegged on that white peg. the front feet look like they’re in the same position as the diorama pics from sdcc. i hope i’m wrong!

not a deal breaker but i’m not a fan of forced foot pose position. [-(
This caught my attention. Not a huge fan of forced A stance, but I am a HUGE fan of Ultra Magnus. Went back to study the pics.

It looks like the white hinge might be the one that is there for ankle tilt in this pic. I hope that's the case.
Only time will tell.
Enter the COLLECT-O-TRON
Burn wrote:
Agamemnon wrote:Let's get back to talking about Burn's mammoth snout flopping... :-s

Well I am Australian. It's kinda what we're known for.
Cobotron
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 41
Alt Mode: A Sleeping Bear
Strength: 8
Courage: 9
Skill: 10

Postby ZeldaTheSwordsman » Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:23 pm

Motto: "Earthrise restock or riot"
Yeah, that looks like it can actually act as a space saver when storing boxes of the same size side-by-side, and the overall shape is "Rectangular solid with a corner cut off", so they should still stack reasonably well. Unlike certain RiD (2001), Universe 1, and Unicron Trilogy packaging.

My thoughts on all who've been revealed so far:
Optimus: Want him even though I already got CW Optimus as my Generations Voyager Prime, because he's the best yet from what I've seen. Yeah, he's been done multiple times... but IMO I would rather have them keep trying and keep improving until I feel they make the grade.
Classics Voyager Prime is undersize and some of the design and aesthetic choices made rub me the wrong way. Combiner Wars Prime is better in size and he's passable in both modes (and has a version of the G1 gun), and the combiner torso thing has fun value to it, but that same feature limits him in other ways. Titans Return Voyager Optimus is fine... but he's a new version of Laser Optimus Prime, so he doesn't fit the particular bill.

Sideswipe: Want. Design looks good and the Universe version is rarespensive now. And unlike some people I'm willing to wait for them to do a Sunstreaker.

Red Alert: Probably pass, on account of already having the Generations one.

Hound: Maybe. I have an incomplete Universe Hound, but he might save me some modding work and he's probably bigger.

Chromia: Take my money. A good execution even if the transformation scheme is inaccurate.

Ironhide: Want.

Ultra Magnus: Take my money. The RiD-homage vehicle mode promises better car carrying capacity in the constraints of the Leader price point, and the robot mode looks awesome. The separate cab that becomes a Voyager-size robot is great for scale, and opens up the possibility of a 3P or homemade G1-style trailer for a bigger armor mode. And speaking of the G1 trailer, it's kinda amusing to me that in a line with the Cybertronian alt-mode schtick, Ultra Magnus got a trailer that's more earthly-looking than his original toy's (which aesthetically is more in line of the regular Diaclone mechs than it is with the "Real and Robo" Car Robots, and thus looks futuristic/alien)

Fire"drive": Want but needs modding to be a more accurate Firebolt. Also wonder if he could be turned into Recoil.

Lionizer: Finally one of these little guys that's a sword. Looks pretty cool, I'd like at least one.

Cog: Yes please. The C.O.M.B.A.T. system promises to be fun, and he makes Fort Max more complete. And he saves me the trouble of making a G1-style gun for Cerebros myself. It's kind of a pity that both his guns are Cerebros' gun instead of one being his own gun, though.

Starscream: Looks alright, might buy to have a less-buff Voyager Starscream. I like the Tetrajet mode on him. It's not the greatest, but it's decent. And in a way, it's amusingly accurate because just like the cartoon he goes from Earth robot mode with F-15 kibble... to a quasi-pyramidal Cybertronian mode. And I'll definitely get the others if they're made.

Megatron: Kinda disappointed they didn't go the Submarine-that's-totally-not-a-raygun route, but what they did doesn't look bad. And I like the sword. I'm hoping that his transformation engineering will allow approximating such a "submarine" mode with little to no modding, but I won't be upset if it doesn't.

"Refraktor": Take my money thrice. Looks like an awesome update of the little guy(s), and provides us with cartoon-style Spectro and Spyglass. And his robot mode probably is more Legends-size, with the accessories making up the rest of the Deluxe mass. I actually have the original Reflector as it happens, but a version that's more cartoon-accurate and has less-bricky robot modes will be sweet.

Skytread: Looks good, and like the name (I mean really, if you consider what it is everyone always says about Flywheels). It's a little disappointing the components don't have robot modes of their own like with Battletrap... but only a little. After all, it's not like the components had separate robot modes on the original, and doing it with PotP Battletrap really comes down to two factors: The "All retail Deluxes are combiner limbs" thing barring him from the Deluxe price point, and just trying to see how best to sell a Duocon under the modern price-point system. And it had its drawback - people being able to find one half, but not the other. That won't be an issue with Skytread.

Shockwave: Voyager-size robot mode looks good, I think the armor mode is alright, it's basically a weapons harness rig. I think it looks cool. It might lean more toward function-over-form... but that's kinda appropriate for the character XD. The core Voyager figure forms a serviceable "submarine" mode on its own, and I think the Revenge-esque combined cruiser mode can probably be fanmoded into a larger version (that may even be intended, given the duplicated calf detail on the add-on parts. As for why they made him a Leader in the first place... I would guess for the sake of having a Leader-class Decepticon on the shelves at all. A "Submarine" Megatron could have worked for that too, considering the add-ons for the original's gun mode, but I would guess that Shockwave's Leader design was already ready to go. (EDITED AFTER READING THE THREAD PAGES I'D SKIPPED, AND THEREBY REFRESHED MY MEMORY OF SOME DETAILS)
Also, who is this Energon Bulkhead people keep comparing him to? The only Energon Bulkhead I know oof is the one from Transformers: Energon who forms the torso of Bruticus Maximus.

Soundwave: Want. I'm okay with the Cybertronian hoverbarge mode, and we've had confirmation of the lamp-post mode so that's good too... And honestly, looking at his knee joints and the transformation joints for his shoulders... Odds are good that a cassette-player fan-mode is possible with little to no modding. I also love that he has an extended index finger to push his eject button with.

Brunt: Want. And some compatibility with Trypticon is practically a given even without modding, considering the 5mm peg standard.

Blowpipe: Want (Since I plan to get TR Triggerhappy) but needs modding.

Aimless: Same as with Blowpipe.

Laserbeak and Ravage: Want, but dunno if I'd keep Laserbeak's head as Cybertronian. I think this size (basically their original toys' size, looks like) will work better for scaling with Generations toys than the Legends/Scout versions from TR. I would treat those as upgraded versions. Looking at them though, I do have to wonder.... Am I the only one who can picture Eaglebreast and Tigerbreast retools of them?

Other Micromasters: Maybe, but lower-priority. Also, looking at some of them... Who wants to bet on a con-exclusive retool set involving three of them, as the Star Saber from Armada?

Omega Supreme: I'll have to wait and see, but he's a probable want.

Re: G1 Trypticon and his being bigger and correspondingly more expensive... Remember that the whole "rigid price point" thing hadn't been fully codified yet. It would probably take threat of violence to snap Hasbro out of the mentality now, and that's a path we don't want to go down. The only palatable and moral way to do it would be buying enough of a stake in the company to make them listen, but I highly doubt that's going to happen either. What we got in Titans Return looks to be a solid enough figure with lots of play value.
Last edited by ZeldaTheSwordsman on Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:26 pm, edited 4 times in total.
WANT:
* Cybertron Galvatron key, missiles
* Omega Lock
* Primus Cyber Key, coattail panel
* Powerlinx Comettor
* Cyb Jetfire R gun and missile
* RiD Galvy dragon head, beast arms
* DotM Ironhide windshield, R hood assy.
* ROTF Jetfire R JTFR panel

Di Bonaventura is not a credible or trustworthy source. And most fans do like the diversity push, thanks.

Trading MOSC MMPR fliphead Pink Ranger for ER Fasttrack or SIEGE Refraktor
ZeldaTheSwordsman
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby #Sideways# » Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:44 pm

Motto: "Wake up. Wake up and smell the ashes."
Weapon: Dual Compression Cannons
MEGATRON'S HEAD

IN THE PACKAGING

OH GOD

Check out my YouTube for my Transformers Trading Card Game lists, gameplay and general thoughts on the game!
#Sideways#
Godmaster
News Credits: 62
Watch #Sideways# on YouTube
Alt Mode: Motorcycle
Strength: 5
Speed: 9
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: 7
Firepower: 7
Skill: 7

Postby Wireless_Phantom » Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:53 pm

Motto: ""There is no fate, no destiny, only your will.""
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:Yeah, that looks like it can actually act as a space saver when storing boxes of the same size side-by-side, and the overall shape is "Rectangular solid with a corner cut off", so they should still stack reasonably well. Unlike certain RiD, Universe 1, and Unicron Trilogy packaging

My thoughts on all who've been revealed so far:
Optimus: Want him even though I already got CW Optimus as my Generations Voyager Prime, because he's the best yet from what I've seen
Sideswipe: Want. Design looks good and the Universe version is rarespensive now
Red Alert: Probably pass, on account of already having the Generations one.
Hound: Maybe. I have an incomplete Universe Hound, but he might save me some modding work and he's probably bigger.
Chromia: Take my money. A good exec
Ironhide: Want.
Ultra Magnus: Take my money. The RiD-homage vehicle mode promises better car carrying capacity in the constraints of the Leader price point, and the robot mode looks awesome. The separate cab that becomes a Voyager-size robot is great for scale, and opens up the possibility of a 3P or homemade G1-style trailer for a bigger armor mode. And speaking of the G1 trailer, it's kinda amusing to me that in a line with the Cybertronian alt-mode schtick, Ultra Magnus got a trailer that's more earthly-looking than his original toy's (which aesthetically is more in line of the regular Diaclone mechs than it is with the "Real and Robo" Car Robots, and thus looks futuristic/alien)
Firedrive: Want but needs modding
Lionizer: Finally one of these little guys that's a sword. Looks pretty cool, I'd like at least one.
Cog: Yes please. The C.O.M.B.A.T. system promises to be fun, and he makes Fort Max more complete. And he saves me the trouble of making a G1-style gun for Cerebros myself.
Starscream: Looks alright, might buy to have a less-buff Voyager Starscream. I like the Tetrajet mode on him. It's not the greatest, but it's decent. And in a way, it's amusingly accurate because just like the cartoon he goes from Earth robot mode with F-15 kibble... to a quasi-pyramidal Cybertronian mode.
Megatron: Kinda disappointed they didn't go the Submarine-that's-totally-not-a-raygun route, but what they did doesn't look bad. And I like the sword. I'm hoping that his transformation engineering will allow approximating such a "submarine" mode with little to no modding, but I won't be upset if it doesn't.
Reflector: Take my money thrice. Looks like an awesome update of the little guy(s), and provides us with cartoon-style Spectro and Spyglass. And his robot mode probably is more Legends-size, with the accessories making up the rest of the Deluxe mass. I actually have the original as it happens, but a version that's more cartoon-accurate and has less-bricky robot modes will be sweet.
Shockwave: Voyager-size robot mode looks good, I think the armor mode is alright, it's basically a weapons harness rig. I think it looks cool. It might lean more toward function-over-form... but that's kinda appropriate for the character XD. I think a fan version of the space cruiser mode (which for my money looks more like the Revenge from the movie minus its keel than it does the Nemesis) that forms an approximation of Shocky's gun mode is going to be possible especially with the duplicate calf detail. And it's not like the original toy's gun mode didn't require adding accessory parts on to complete! And for those who don't own it, I'll tell you right now that G1 Shockwave is fairly big in toy form. Think he's taller than Blaster, even, and bulky too. As for why they made him a Leader in the first place... I would guess for the sake of having a Leader-class Decepticon on the shelves at all.
Soundwave: Want. I'm okay with the Cybertronian hoverbarge mode, and we've had confirmation of the lamp-post mode so that's good too... And honestly, looking at his knee joints and the transformation joints for his shoulders... Odds are good that a cassette-player fan-mode is possible with little to no modding. I also love that he has an extended index finger to push his eject button with.
Brunt: Want. And some compatibility with Trypticon is practically a given even without modding, considering the 5mm peg standard.
Blowpipe: Want (Since I plan to get TR Triggerhappy) but needs modding.
Laserbeak and Ravage: Want, but dunno if I'd keep Laserbeak's head as Cybertronian. I think this size (basically their original toys' size, looks like) will work better for scaling with Generations toys.

Other Micromasters: Maybe.

Omega Supreme: I'll have to wait and see, but he's a probable want.

Re: G1 Trypticon and his being bigger and correspondingly more expensive... Remember that the whole "rigid price point" thing hadn't been fully codified yet. It would probably take threat of violence to snap Hasbro out of the mentality now, and that's a path we don't want to go down. The only palatable and moral way to do it would be buying enough of a stake in the company to make them listen, but I highly doubt that's going to happen either.

Personally I think I'm just going to buy everything :SG-CONS:
You can trust the man who speaks in purple
Wireless_Phantom
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 3
Watch Wireless_Phantom on YouTube
Alt Mode: White Transmetal Dragon
Speed: 10+
Firepower: 8

Postby Emerje » Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:50 pm

Motto: "Spellcheck's antithesis."
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
Took a lot of looking because Hasbro is really trying to sell the ankle tilts on all of these figures, but I did find one blurry shot with Magnus' feet flat. It's from the promo video at SDCC.

UMfeet.JPG
UMfeet.JPG (32.6 KiB) Viewed 17805 times

A little hard to tell since the bottom of his feet are obscured, but his left foot (our right) is not tilted at all, the outer edge is off the ground.

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff
News Credits: 235
Alt Mode: Lobster Moose
Strength: 9
Speed: 4
Firepower: 3
Skill: 6

Postby ausbot » Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:57 pm

Motto: "Don't want none, don't start none!"
Weapon: Battle Blades
I wish they still came with collector cards.
ausbot
Pretender
Intelligence: 10
Endurance: 5
Firepower: 10
Skill: 5

Postby Skritz » Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:04 pm

While I'm not going to do a full 'buy list', I will say that I'm definitely giving priority to these characters who aren't 'early G1' or guys I already have. Main exception to the early G1 rule are Shockwave and Soundwave, both iconic characters which I lack a fitting representation.

As such, here are those figure I intend to NOT buy right off the bat, at least as the current characters. As retools? Maybe.
-Hound: It looks quite good but he's a low priority deluxe.
-Sideswipe: Not interested.
-Starscream: It may sound heretical, but in part I'm actually pretty happy with POTP Starscream. Yes, really. Fight me! This may change if the mold end up being used for other seekers beside the main trio.
-Optimus Prime and Megatron: I'm very torn, as these are really good take on the characters but I've already got a CHUG version of these two.

Those which are a 'never buy':
-Chromia: I just don't like it.
-Omega Supreme: I don't have the space to collect Titan-class figure. :(

Everything else I quite like and might even like better if it get retooled into a character which interest me more, for example if Hound gets...I don't know, a Roadbuster or Ironfist retool?
Skritz
Gestalt

Postby ZeldaTheSwordsman » Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:50 pm

Why not a Detritus redeco of Hound?

Edited my previous post to expand and clarify some things. Also, some more thoughts now that I've fully caught up:

Regarding the gun-mode thing and gun modes getting passed off as other stuff even if they're space guns... Retailers being leery of gun modes is only one factor. The other big factor is something that was talked about by the people behind Transformers (2007 regarding their decision to not have Megatron turn into a gun. They said something along the lines of that being like Darth Vader turning into his lightsabre and having to be swung around by someone else. That's the other problem with full-size Transformers that turn into any sort of handheld weapon. Even back in the eighties there were people puzzled by - or even outright derisive of - Megatron turning into such a "dependent" form, and the same attitude would apply to gun modes in general (especially as the character's only mode). Heck, when Megatron became Galvatron... Not only did they change his handgun mode to a more store-palatable raygun, they made it a secondary mode while his primary altmode became a self-propelled gun.
And so, that's the other reason for passing off Shockwave and Sixshot's gun modes as submarines: Not just because it's more palatable, but also because unlike a handgun... a submarine or spaceship is something that can move and strike under its own power. I mean, yeah, Shockwave could fire under his own power AS a gun technically... But as we all saw, his aim ain't exactly the best:
"You cannot escape."
*Shoots, Skyfire barely has to dodge, the blast blows a convenient gaping hole in the wall*
"I can now"

I saw someone complaining about the cockpits.
1. Multiple different continuities G1 and otherwise have shown the windscreens to act as "eyes" in altmode
2. Like it or not, the MTMTE Cybertronian modes had cockpits or at least windscreens. So take your complaints to Floro Dery, why don't ya?
WANT:
* Omega Lock
* Powerlinx Comettor

Di Bonaventura is not a credible or trustworthy source. And most fans do like the diversity push, thanks.

ZeldaTheSwordsman
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:11 pm

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Emerje wrote:
Coptur wrote:Did anyone ask if say Nightflight & Tailwind were going to join their team mates at some point?

At SDCC they said they don't have plans to do the other halves of any of the teams. :(

I am surprised we've gone this far and the only Micromasters out of the 10 we've seen that share parts are Red Heat and Bigshot. That's pretty crazy, especially when Stakeout could have easily been a retool of Road Handler.

Emerje

The cars comprise a significant amount of Micromasters, with at least 3 teams dedicated to them:

- Race Car Patrol
- Sports Car Patrol
- Race Track Patrol

The Sports Car Patrol is forthcoming, with the members looking similar to Swindler and Roadhandler.

The Battlemasters already have a co-tool pair btw: Aimless and Blowpipe share torsos.
The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3

Looking for:
- TR Furos (Hardhead's head) and Crashbash (lost him :()
- PotP Punch head
- TR Galvatron right arm (the gun one)
- CW Brake-Neck/UW Wildrider, CW Offroad
- TR Twinferno & Grotusque
- Greenlight, Lancer and PotP Elita-1 (plus repro Victorion hands and feet?)
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 241
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7

Postby Flashwave » Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:14 pm

Motto: "Our society's downfall will not be this war. The war IS our society. That which will get us will be the little things. Some humanoid race, some tossed cannon, the little things that no one looks out for. THAT is for what we must be vigilant."
Weapon: Twin Shoulder-Mounted Rocket Launchers
ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:Why not a Detritus redeco of Hound?

Edited my previous post to expand and clarify some things. Also, some more thoughts now that I've fully caught up:

Regarding the gun-mode thing and gun modes getting passed off as other stuff even if they're space guns... Retailers being leery of gun modes is only one factor. The other big factor is something that was talked about by the people behind Transformers (2007 regarding their decision to not have Megatron turn into a gun. They said something along the lines of that being like Darth Vader turning into his lightsabre and having to be swung around by someone else. That's the other problem with full-size Transformers that turn into any sort of handheld weapon. Even back in the eighties there were people puzzled by - or even outright derisive of - Megatron turning into such a "dependent" form, and the same attitude would apply to gun modes in general (especially as the character's only mode). Heck, when Megatron became Galvatron... Not only did they change his handgun mode to a more store-palatable raygun, they made it a secondary mode while his primary altmode became a self-propelled gun.
And so, that's the other reason for passing off Shockwave and Sixshot's gun modes as submarines: Not just because it's more palatable, but also because unlike a handgun... a submarine or spaceship is something that can move and strike under its own power. I mean, yeah, Shockwave could fire under his own power AS a gun technically... But as we all saw, his aim ain't exactly the best:
"You cannot escape."
*Shoots, Skyfire barely has to dodge, the blast blows a convenient gaping hole in the wall*
"I can now"

I saw someone complaining about the cockpits.
1. Multiple different continuities G1 and otherwise have shown the windscreens to act as "eyes" in altmode
2. Like it or not, the MTMTE Cybertronian modes had cockpits or at least windscreens. So take your complaints to Floro Dery, why don't ya?

Down for a proper Detritus, but I don’t see him happening with as few slots in the Wave packs as there are for such an obscure character. Maybe LG EX stuff?

2) Your thought hold true for Megatron, and somewhere there is a funny comic about Megatron transforming and being helpless as Prime literally runs him over, but Shockwave and I think SixShot blow holes in your theory becuase they are both shown to be full size in their gun modes and more akin to flying turrets than guns, Yes, Shockwave has a trigger in his only mode and has been (forcibly?) wielded by Bruticus, but his gun mode flies, is self propelled, and shoots unlike Megatron who does heave to be wielded. I am not fully up on G1 Sixshot, but in the IDW comics he follows the same principle: more of a gun-shaped flying turret than a handgun.
Flashwave
City Commander
News Credits: 8
Strength: 7
Speed: 9
Endurance: 6
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby ZeldaTheSwordsman » Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:24 pm

I'm well aware that Shockwave and Six Shot were more independent in their gun modes in the fiction than how Megatron was usually shown... But that doesn't spare them from other buyers or retailers PERCEIVING the gun modes a certain way purely on the basis of handguns being inanimate objects, especially with Megatron taking center stage and coloring people's view of the idea in general.
WANT:
* Omega Lock
* Powerlinx Comettor

ZeldaTheSwordsman
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Ultra Markus » Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:16 am

Motto: "“You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain.” - Harvey Dent in The Dark Knight"
Weapon: 16 Cannons
i would like this barricade to look like this
g1_barricade___black_version_by_guidoarts-d4mthyr.jpg

or this
wdPDMtk.jpg
Ultra Markus
Gestalt
Alt Mode: the biggest baddest thing ever
Endurance: 10

Postby Seibertron » Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:33 am

Ultra Markus wrote:i would like this barricade to look like this
g1_barricade___black_version_by_guidoarts-d4mthyr.jpg

I still can't believe e-Hobby never delivered on that idea or that Fun Pub failed to deliver on that idea. Such a shame! So much lost potential with very few G1 molds being recolored and/or remolded (c'mon doesn't anyone want a G1 Perceptor with an actual face besides me or a "G1" G2 Tank Megatron?)
Seibertron
Site Owner

Postby frogbat » Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:06 am

Motto: "All my 6 nipples are tingling."
Weapon: Self-Propelled Photon Cannon
Admittedly, I find the packaging a bit busy and I generally prefer the toys shipped in alt mode... but if there’s less packaging it saves on costs... both for production and shipping not to mention the environmental impact.
My personal prime collection so far in descending order of how great i reckon the toy is -
FE Prime, Silas Breakdown (Powerizer), Dreadwing (Powerizer), FE Bulkhead, Voyager StarScream (Powerizer), Ratchet, Soundwave, Arcee, Voyager Megatron (Powerizer), Wheeljack, Thundertron (Powerizer), Ultra Magnus (Powerizer), Knockout, Cliffjumper, Bumblebee,Airachnid
frogbat
Pretender
Strength: 6
Skill: 7

Instructions Images for Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Battle Masters

Postby Va'al » Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:49 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
Thanks to our regular pal and source of news over on Chinese social media platform Weibo, tf-factory, we have some more Transformers: War for Cybertron Siege images - this time, it's the instruction sheets (or the opening page of each at least) for the Battle Masters in Wave 1: WFC-S1 Firedrive, WFC-S2 Lionizer, and WFC-S3 Blowpipe.

The instructions also contain Chinese characters, meaning this may very well be the international release of the figures, or one of the two major Asian releases (Takara Tomy or Hasbro Asia). Still, check them out below, and let us know what you think!

Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby bengear » Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:04 am

Emerje wrote:Took a lot of looking because Hasbro is really trying to sell the ankle tilts on all of these figures, but I did find one blurry shot with Magnus' feet flat. It's from the promo video at SDCC.

UMfeet.JPG

A little hard to tell since the bottom of his feet are obscured, but his left foot (our right) is not tilted at all, the outer edge is off the ground.

Emerje

i think i have it figured out in my head based on two things i notice in the pics...
1. there is a hinge pin on the inner part of his foot front, where his big toe would be
2. when the foot is angled it doesn’t match the angle of the rest of his foot, tires etc.

my conjecture is that the front toe part of the foot is the only thing that is actually pivoting and is its own separate piece that hinges and pivots on that pin in the big toe area. that could be what is going on, but that shot of the back of the feet doesnt look like it hinges at all and the feet look molded at a set angle.

https://static.seibertron.com/images/to ... nus-04.jpg
bengear
Micromaster

Postby ausbot » Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:22 am

Motto: "Don't want none, don't start none!"
Weapon: Battle Blades
Man I would love a E-hobby Prowl/Barricade repaint.
ausbot
Pretender
Endurance: 5

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:40 am

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
I really want to see a deluxe Barricade make it into the line. That would be awesome for him to jump over like that
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Postby Wolfman Jake » Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:24 am

Motto: ""A mountain with a wolf on it stands a little taller."
-Edward Hoagland"
Weapon: Retractable Mecha-Fangs
The reveal of Deluxe Barricade is very interesting. Even more so is the notion that he might be a repaint/retool of Siege Prowl (whom we still have not seen in toy form). What's unfortunate, though, is that it's that much more unlikely we'll see Siege Bluestreak or Smokescreen, at least not in this first part of the trilogy. Using the same mold four times is a bit of a stretch for a one-year long mass retail line, even for Hasbro. It's a shame for that Prowl mold too, because, if we don't get the other "Datsun Bothers," I'm going to pass on the new Prowl. Maybe they'd be part of the second or third chapters of the "War for Cybertron Trilogy?"

It's important to me to have G1 characters still sharing molding as they did in G1. I'd rather stick with the Henkei versions we got almost 10 years ago for Prowl, Bluestreak, and Smokescreen for now. Sideswipe, though, I will be getting, because we now know for certain we're also getting Red Alert from the same mold, so they will match. I'm especially thrilled that Red Alert will have a red helmet like in his cartoon appearances.
Wolfman Jake - Spendin' the day howlin' away.
Wolfman Jake
Faction Commander
News Credits: 65
Alt Mode: Wolf
Strength: 6
Firepower: 2
Skill: 8

Postby Seibertron » Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:51 pm

Wolfman Jake wrote:It's important to me to have G1 characters still sharing molding as they did in G1. I'd rather stick with the Henkei versions we got almost 10 years ago for Prowl, Bluestreak, and Smokescreen for now.

I'm looking forward to replacing the Classics/Universe/Henkei versions of the Datsun Autobots. I've never been a fan of those molds, mostly due to the terrible neck area and the poorly designed doors which are very fragile and either fall off during transformation or need to be removed to make things easier. I want to like them, I really do, but every time I handle them or look at them, that's what comes to mind.
Seibertron
Site Owner

Postby Skritz » Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:59 pm

Wolfman Jake wrote:The reveal of Deluxe Barricade is very interesting. Even more so is the notion that he might be a repaint/retool of Siege Prowl (whom we still have not seen in toy form). What's unfortunate, though, is that it's that much more unlikely we'll see Siege Bluestreak or Smokescreen, at least not in this first part of the trilogy.

It is possible that Barricade is a massive 'reshell' rather than a retool with a new head and color scheme, much like how some CW cars or some TR figures used the same overall body shape but looked different. It is possible that Barricade is even a completely new car mold intended to be used for someone else and they just added some roof lights and a new head.
Skritz
Gestalt

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES DARK AGES #2 Cvr J 1:20 action figure Dynamite Comics JUN230665 2J"
GARGOYLES DARK AGE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES DARK AGES #3 Cvr J 1:20 Dynamite Comics JUL230287 3J (CA) Moss 231222R"
GARGOYLES DARK AGE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MMPR TMNT II #4 Cvr L FOC reveal Boom Studios Comics JAN230398 4L (CA) Montes"
MMPR TMNT II #4 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #12 Cvr P FOC Dynamite Comics 2024 DEC237791 12P (CA) Haeser"
NEW!
GARGOYLES #12 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #12 Cvr L 1:15 Dynamite Comics 2024 SEP230268 12L (CA) Leirix"
NEW!
GARGOYLES #12 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MIGHTY MORPHIN POWER RANGERS #53 1:10 Boom Studios Comics 2020 JUN200770 MMPR"
MIGHTY MORPHIN POW ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #12 Cvr B Dynamite Comics 2024 Disney SEP230258 12B (CA) Parrillo"
NEW!
GARGOYLES #12 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MIGHTY MORPHIN POWER RANGERS #114 Cvr B Boom Studios Comics 2023 SEP230080 114B"
MIGHTY MORPHIN POW ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MMPR TMNT II #3 Cvr I 1:100 Boom Studios Comics 2023 DEC220390 3I (CA) Quah"
MMPR TMNT II #3 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #2 Cvr L 1:30 action figure Dynamite Comics 2023 Disney NOV220594 2L"
GARGOYLES #2 Cvr L ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #2 Cvr D Dynamite Comics 2023 Disney NOV220586 2D (CA) Leirix"
GARGOYLES #2 Cvr D ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MIGHTY MORPHIN POWER RANGERS #111 Cvr G 1:75 Boom Studios Comics JUN230415 111G"
MIGHTY MORPHIN POW ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #9 Cvr J 1:15 Dynamite Comics 2023 Disney JUN230688 9J (CA) Kambadais"
GARGOYLES #9 Cvr J ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MIGHTY MORPHIN POWER RANGERS #110 Cvr G unlockable Boom Studios Comics 2023 110G"
MIGHTY MORPHIN POW ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Exclusive Cyber Battalion Class Shockwave Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Tailgate" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Windblade and Scorchfire" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Snarl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Autobot Sovereign and Alpha Trion" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Team Combiner Menasor, 8.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Voyager Class Broadside and Blunderbuss" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 01 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Bumblebee" on AMAZON