This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Discussion Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Discussion Thread

Postby Skritz » Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:30 pm

Randomhero wrote:
Skritz wrote:Anyone think he's a POTP leftover reworked for Siege, with the individual robot modes gutted to make for a more accurate Flywheels?

No. I think Hasbro probably said “We really don’t have that many decepticons left to remake and there weren’t a lot of them in season one so let’s finish up some of the teams we’ve already been doing”

There wasn’t anything to gut and Hasbro was pretty open that POTP was going to be short from the start. Just look at him. There’s nothing that show there were two robots even on a blueprint stance. I think hasbro just decided to make the fans happy and finish the Duocons. Not every team is completed in the same line. Took 4 years to complete the Autobot triple changers and 6 years to get a retail thundercracker in the classics mold. Not everything get out in the same line and siege is very much not leftovers of POTP

Just because POTP was short doesn't mean there aren't potentially leftover designs. It's entirely possible that Battletrap wasn't even a POTP design himself and could, for all we know, have begun his existence as far back as T30. There's always more toy concepts at the drawing board than there is which even reach prototype and even less which make it to retail.

Look at TR Alpha Trion. Concept art existed from before the Prime Wars which itself was based off older stuff.
Skritz
Gestalt

Postby Randomhero » Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:31 pm

Burn wrote:
Skritz wrote:Anyone think he's a POTP leftover reworked for Siege, with the individual robot modes gutted to make for a more accurate Flywheels?

nah, very reliable source said to me (and other staff) over a year ago that Flywheels was going to be this way.

I just hope they do Siege Battletrap and right the injustice of POTP Battletrap.

Do you even need one? You got Battletrap and you can just ignore those tiny bot modes. The photos show that they’re the same height and either have them in thier vehicles or the main body.

I guess I just don’t see the gripe. Happy to have Duocons
Randomhero
Gestalt
News Credits: 3

Postby Randomhero » Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:34 pm

Skritz wrote:
Randomhero wrote:

No. I think Hasbro probably said “We really don’t have that many decepticons left to remake and there weren’t a lot of them in season one so let’s finish up some of the teams we’ve already been doing”

There wasn’t anything to gut and Hasbro was pretty open that POTP was going to be short from the start. Just look at him. There’s nothing that show there were two robots even on a blueprint stance. I think hasbro just decided to make the fans happy and finish the Duocons. Not every team is completed in the same line. Took 4 years to complete the Autobot triple changers and 6 years to get a retail thundercracker in the classics mold. Not everything get out in the same line and siege is very much not leftovers of POTP

Just because POTP was short doesn't mean there aren't potentially leftover designs. It's entirely possible that Battletrap wasn't even a POTP design himself and could, for all we know, have begun his existence as far back as T30. There's always more toy concepts at the drawing board than there is which even reach prototype and even less which make it to retail.

Look at TR Alpha Trion. Concept art existed from before the Prime Wars which itself was based off older stuff.

It’s not that old. The artist was just told, we’re gonna make an Alpha Trion can you make a design. That’s it same as Galvatron and others he’s revealed that didn’t have the gimmick. People believed up and down that they were not intended to be headmasters but in reality the artists wasn’t told the gimmick. Just draw a design and then it’s handed to the toy designers and engineers with the gimmick
Randomhero
Gestalt
News Credits: 3

Postby Burn » Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:36 pm

Motto: "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings to randomly click things in the Admin Panel to see what it breaks."
Randomhero wrote:Do you even need one?

Yep. Loved the concept in G1, loving the updated concept with Flywheels.

Battletrap isn't a Duocon, he's a wannabe Powerlinker.
Burn
Forum Admin
News Credits: 226

Postby Wolfman Jake » Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:53 pm

Motto: ""A mountain with a wolf on it stands a little taller."
-Edward Hoagland"
Weapon: Retractable Mecha-Fangs
Burn wrote:

nah, very reliable source said to me (and other staff) over a year ago that Flywheels was going to be this way.

I just hope they do Siege Battletrap and right the injustice of POTP Battletrap.

Unfortunately, very unlikely, especially since they went ahead and made Siege Flywheels and PotP Battletrap compatible. I don't think we're getting either Duocon again for a long while.
Wolfman Jake - Spendin' the day howlin' away.
Wolfman Jake
Faction Commander
News Credits: 65
Alt Mode: Wolf
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 9
Firepower: 2
Skill: 8

Postby Omega-Doom » Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:23 pm

Motto: ""I am the future. I have forged this entire planet into a single elegant machine. A vision of technological purity and order. And you four mongrels would dare contaminate that vision with your accursed beast modes.""
Weapon: "Claw" Flame-Throwers
Looking forward to completing the Doucons, shame Skytread wasn't given individual robot modes but I understand why that is.
Omega-Doom
Mini-Con
Alt Mode: Dragon
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: 10
Skill: 8

Postby DecepticonFinishline » Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:24 pm

Motto: "Can you change the radio to KZUM, please?"
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
Burn wrote:

Injustice?!

I f***ing LOVE POTP Battletrap. I think it's the best toy to come out of PotP. (An argument could be made for Punch/Counterpunch or Optimus (mostly the Orion Pax part)).

I'm more upset about the Flywheels LACK of two Legends bois.

Not as upset as I am about Chromia and her lacking a combiner port.

Maybe because I was expecting Skytread to be like this. It's the kind of inconsistency I've come to expect in recent years.
DecepticonFinishline
Targetmaster
News Credits: 14
Alt Mode: Taxi cab
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 5
Endurance: 2
Courage: 4
Firepower: 8
Skill: 9

Postby notsoalex » Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:31 pm

Weapon: Dual Low-Radiation 1 Megaton Proton Bombs

Nah, Hasbro would have no reason to splurge extra money to change blueprints and change the figures from a fundamental design point. For them, it would be like making a new mold because the figure looks to basic to have once been two Legends figures.
Got some news! Contact us here!
notsoalex
News Staff
News Credits: 171
Watch notsoalex on YouTube
Alt Mode: A bad car
Strength: ???
Intelligence: ???
Speed: ???
Endurance: ???
Courage: ???
Firepower: ???

Postby Ultra Markus » Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:39 pm

Motto: "“You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain.” - Harvey Dent in The Dark Knight"
Weapon: 16 Cannons
looks like we get weird shaped boxes again like we had with the unicron trilogy
Ultra Markus
Gestalt
Alt Mode: the biggest baddest thing ever
Strength: 10
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10
Skill: 10

Postby william-james88 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:54 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
Ultra Markus wrote:looks like we get weird shaped boxes again like we had with the unicron trilogy

Not really, these boxes are stackable, unlike unicron trilogy
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4470
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby ZeldaTheSwordsman » Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:17 pm

Motto: "Earthrise restock or riot"
TRU was in fact deliberate bad management - it's what's known as "vulture capitalism": Stage a hostile takeover of a company, then suck it dry while running it into the ground.

I see from quotes that people have all been getting a fine display of fenrir being a deluded bible-thumper of the First Church of Third Party.
Sentinel_Primal wrote:
Wireless_Phantom wrote:
Skritz wrote:Let's just hope that price hike ain't too painful. On the flipside? No more combiner teams (for now?), so no need to hunt down every single figure to complete a 'set'. This is a much more 'buy what you want' line, really. Which is good.

...Even if I still want more combiners. :(

Unfortunately I doubt we will get a Piranacon anytime soon since the War for Cybertron trilogy seems to be angled directly against that type of thing :SG-CONS:

I refuse to believe we won't get Piranacon anytime soon! He says knowing that it's so unlikely because Hasbro would need to figure out how to work a gunmode into a deluxe class figure...

Actually, it's not that hard. Ripersnapper (the likely candidate for a retool into Overbite) can be configured into a fair approximation of Overbite's gun mode (minus the gun piece).
WANT:
* Cybertron Galvatron key, missiles
* Omega Lock
* Primus Cyber Key, coattail panel
* Powerlinx Comettor
* Cyb Jetfire R gun and missile
* RiD Galvy dragon head, beast arms
* DotM Ironhide windshield, R hood assy.
* ROTF Jetfire R JTFR panel

Di Bonaventura is not a credible or trustworthy source. And most fans do like the diversity push, thanks.

Trading MOSC MMPR fliphead Pink Ranger for ER Fasttrack or SIEGE Refraktor
ZeldaTheSwordsman
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Dr. Caelus » Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:24 pm

ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:Actually, it's not that hard. Ripersnapper (the likely candidate for a retool into Overbite) can be configured into a fair approximation of Overbite's gun mode (minus the gun piece).

Weight is the problem. I've tried getting CW Bruticus to hold WFC Shockwave, and it doesn't work very well.

Probably the best move would be to make one of the Seacons - probably Nautilator - a Deluxe class Weaponizer that can be split up and attached all over Piranacon.
Check out my books, Titanomachies and Divine Retribution, on my blog!
Dr. Caelus
Faction Commander
News Credits: 6

Postby Sentinel_Primal » Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:32 pm

Weapon: Thermal Sword
Caelus wrote:
ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:Actually, it's not that hard. Ripersnapper (the likely candidate for a retool into Overbite) can be configured into a fair approximation of Overbite's gun mode (minus the gun piece).

Weight is the problem. I've tried getting CW Bruticus to hold WFC Shockwave, and it doesn't work very well.

Probably the best move would be to make one of the Seacons - probably Nautilator - a Deluxe class Weaponizer that can be split up and attached all over Piranacon.

That'd be a good way to incorparate all 6 into a combined mode without sacrificing too much. Plus, it could be counted as a reference to the panel in a Marvel comic where all the Seacons disappeared to form Piranacon but then they separated fown to all 6 without one transforming into the gun
Sentinel_Primal
Godmaster
News Credits: 12
Alt Mode: Sea Serpent
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 6
Endurance: 4
Firepower: 2
Skill: 5

Postby Burn » Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:39 pm

Motto: "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings to randomly click things in the Admin Panel to see what it breaks."
DecepticonFinishline wrote:I f***ing LOVE POTP Battletrap. I think it's the best toy to come out of PotP. (An argument could be made for Punch/Counterpunch or Optimus (mostly the Orion Pax part)).

Best? hmmmm we're definitely going to have to agree to disagree on that one. I found him to be one of the weakest from the line, but I suspect that may be nostalgia goggles (the Duocons were some of my favourites from the G1 line growing up).

We don't need to argue about Punch/Counterpunch, that is one damn good figure. 8-)

Now for an out there re-use for Flywheels ... years ago I did a custom Autobot version, Powerglide and Warpath actually. My little fanfic bio had them both getting badly damaged to the point they no longer had individual robot modes but could combine to form one robot.
Burn
Forum Admin
News Credits: 226

Postby ZeldaTheSwordsman » Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:48 pm

Caelus wrote:

Okay, but WFC Shockwave isn't designed to be held as a gun, which compounds the problem :-P A figure actually having pegs intended to properly hold their weapon mode to the hands would likely help a lot.

And of course, they could always just do scaled-up versions of the original toys' stands:
WANT:
* Omega Lock
* Powerlinx Comettor

Di Bonaventura is not a credible or trustworthy source. And most fans do like the diversity push, thanks.

ZeldaTheSwordsman
Guardian Of Seibertron

Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Skytread

Postby Cyberpath » Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:28 am

D-Maximal_Primal wrote:Image

They're so mismatched. But Battletrap kind of looks mismatched with himself, too.
I do like the head-sculpt.
Cyberpath
City Commander
News Credits: 372

Postby Galvatronian » Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:45 am

Motto: "'til all are one... or one rules everything."
Weapon: Energon Cutlass
Looking at the picture of both, I'd say it's roadtrap that is the problem. Battle slash looks great on flywheels legs to me, it's just those bitty legs of roadtrap. He's not as popular, but they did release blast-off as a shuttle to replace the not accurate plane version from CW, so you never know.
:WRECKERS: Wreck and Rule :WRECKERS:
Galvatronian
Mini-Con
Alt Mode: D type Jaguar
Strength: 5
Firepower: 3
Skill: 7

Siege -- Figure King No. 249

Postby Cyberpath » Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:49 am

Decepticons --

Megatron in his boxart pose --

Cyberpath
City Commander
News Credits: 372

Postby -Kanrabat- » Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:47 am

Motto: "Love it? GET IT!
It's that simple."
Weapon: Vibro-Axe
Skythread is a definitive buy for me! :x
Come see my latest creation, a Galvatron Combiner using 4 SS86 Sweeps as limbs

Also, an update to my old ALL HELICOPER VICTORION!

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 95
Watch -Kanrabat- on YouTube
Buy from -Kanrabat- on eBay
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Postby ZeroWolf » Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:00 am

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
Yup, definitely getting sky tread, there will be many times he will cross combine with Battletrap. Also in my view, potp Battletrap is perfect, and the g1 version of him was one of the last g1 toys I let go.
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
News Credits: 1350

Postby Dr. Caelus » Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:46 am

ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:
Caelus wrote:

Okay, but WFC Shockwave isn't designed to be held as a gun, which compounds the problem :-P A figure actually having pegs intended to properly hold their weapon mode to the hands would likely help a lot.

I used two small Constructbot pieces to create a grip for Bruticus's right hand to close around, and posed him with his left hand supporting the barrel. Held in two hands Bruticus's shoulder ratchets are about enough to take the weight, but his elbows (Vortex and Blastoff's knees and hips) are the weak link. The hands pop off too if they're supporting weight at a downward angle.

Edit: As far as a Skytread recolor/retool, I'd bet on it being a reinterpretation of G1 Slamdance.
Check out my books, Titanomachies and Divine Retribution, on my blog!
Dr. Caelus
Faction Commander
News Credits: 6

Postby TheRebirth » Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:02 am

Caelus wrote:

It may work fairly well if you rotate the Piranacon arm at the deluxe's waist so the elbow swings parallel to the ground and the fist is still vertical. I used to have to do that with Superion's combined gun before I learned how to tighten the deluxe hips. You'd still have to figure out how to attach the weapon though. I'd hate to see the deluxes peppered with 5mm posts and ports. Maybe the gun stand could transform into some kind of combiner port to 5mm adapter, or a clip? Or maybe the back of the deluxe could attach above the elbow and just rest on the fist? Hmm... gun stands could be a lot of plastic. I wouldn't mind if there was just one, that came with Snaptrap.

Actually, I'm not that pressed about a targetmaster mode at all. I'd much rather have a five deluxe team, with one sitting out, than to give one of them the CW Groove treatment. Either way, I'm sure somebody will fanmode a deluxe into a targetmaster about five seconds after release. And it probably won't look any worse than the original.
TheRebirth
Mini-Con

Postby ZeldaTheSwordsman » Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:47 am

TheRebirth wrote:Actually, I'm not that pressed about a targetmaster mode at all. I'd much rather have a five deluxe team, with one sitting out, than to give one of them the CW Groove treatment. Either way, I'm sure somebody will fanmode a deluxe into a targetmaster about five seconds after release. And it probably won't look any worse than the original.

Agreed. While the Targetmaster modes would be nice and I think they'd be perfectly feasible especially with a stand, I would rather see them sacrificed than see one member reduced to Legends-class. And I'm pretty sure Takara and the Japanese fanbase would rather that as well (since unlike Piranacon, the King Poseidon set included all 6 Seacons).

Moving on from the Seacons, I think Reflector could be retooled into the generic Decepticon warrior design from "War Dawn", the ones that disguised themselves as crates.
WANT:
* Omega Lock
* Powerlinx Comettor

ZeldaTheSwordsman
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Emerje » Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:52 am

Motto: "Spellcheck's antithesis."
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
william-james88 wrote:Everyone, we currently do not know of price increases at retailers so i dont get the issue. Also please remember that Hasbro already increased the MSRP of generations deluxes to 20$ for the second half of POTP.

I still say that was a typo and they accidentally used the SS Deluxe price in their listing. HTS sells at MSRP and didn't raise the price on PotP Deluxe like they did Prime Masters when the MSRP did go up on those.

Cyberpath wrote:Decepticons --

Notice that Shockwave with the armor feet is the exact same height at Megatron, meaning he's a little shorter than him without the armor. They really are taking bot scale seriously in this line.

Caelus wrote:Probably the best move would be to make one of the Seacons - probably Nautilator - a Deluxe class Weaponizer that can be split up and attached all over Piranacon.

I'd actually like to see Tentakil fill that role.

Consider this, the main body can form a gun, while the tentacles come off and combine together to form his sword.

The colors are right and the end of the Triton-like sword resembles tentacles in a way.

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff
News Credits: 229
Alt Mode: Lobster Moose
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Courage: 10
Firepower: 3
Skill: 6

Postby TF-fan kev777 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:53 am

Well, the in hand photos of Battlewheels and Flytrap and lack of individual robot modes have changed my mind and I will only be getting 1 Skytread instead of 2. Don't get me wrong, I still think the figure is fantastic. But doubling up like I did for Battletrap is off without the extra robot modes and the bad mix of colors for Flytrap. The blue, red and brown combo just doesn't work for me.

I also think this was the plan for Flywheels from the start. It looks like it would be a tough job to get an individual robot mode out of the jet, I'm guessing that was the main thing holding back individual robot modes. For that to happen, the arms for the combined bot would probably have to be the legs for the individual bot, leaving not much else to make the remainder of the small bot from and still have the combined mode and not be a mess. The tank looks like it could have followed Roadtrap's design without too much trouble.
TF-fan kev777
City Commander
News Credits: 40
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 10
Courage: 9
Skill: 7

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GUNSLINGER SPAWN #20 Cvr B Image Comics 2023 MAR230129 20B (CA) Colak"
GUNSLINGER SPAWN # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KING SPAWN #13 Cvr B Image Comics 2022 JUN220281 13B (CA) Dihn (W) Lewis"
KING SPAWN #13 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KING SPAWN #30 Cvr A Image Comics 2024 1123IM305 30A (CA) Tomaselli (W)McFarlane"
KING SPAWN #30 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KING SPAWN #26 Cvr C Image Comics 2023 0723IM348 26C (CA) Ngu (W) McFarlane"
KING SPAWN #26 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KING SPAWN #6 Cvr A Image Comics 2022 NOV210222 6A (CA) Glapion (W) Lewis"
KING SPAWN #6 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SPAWN #318 Cvr A Image Comics 2021 MAR210228 318A (W) McFarlane (CA) Revolver"
SPAWN #318 Cvr A I ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KING SPAWN #24 Cvr A Image Comics 2023 MAY230245 24A (CA) Williams (W) Lewis"
KING SPAWN #24 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCORCHED #7 Cvr A Image Comics 2022 APR220233 7A (CA) Aguillo (W) Lewis"
SCORCHED #7 Cvr A ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KING SPAWN #23 Cvr A Image Comics 2023 APR230254 23A (CA) Stevens (W) Lewis"
KING SPAWN #23 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WONDER WOMAN #794 Cvr E Spawn DC Comics 2022 NOV190399 794E (CA) Cheung"
WONDER WOMAN #794 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GUNSLINGER SPAWN #21 Cvr B Image Comics 2023 APR230238 21B (A/CA) Booth"
GUNSLINGER SPAWN # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GUNSLINGER SPAWN #22 Cvr A Image Comics 2023 MAY230223 22A (CA) Williams"
GUNSLINGER SPAWN # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SAVAGE DRAGON #268 Cvr A Image Comics 2024 0723IM805 268A (W/A/CA) Larsen"
NEW!
SAVAGE DRAGON #268 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCORCHED #1 Cvr A Image Comics 2022 OCT210015 1A (CA) Lee (W) Lewis"
SCORCHED #1 Cvr A ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #346 - Gas Station Jamboree
Twincast / Podcast #346:
"Gas Station Jamboree"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 23rd, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Exclusive Cyber Battalion Class Shockwave Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 08 Leader Class Movie 1 Decepticon Blackout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Snarl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Cutthroat" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Speed Series Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Brawl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Autobot Twinferno and Daburu" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 05 Voyager Class Movie 2 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON