This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Discussion Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Comparison Images for Transformers WFC Siege Voyagers Optimus Prime and Megatron

Postby william-james88 » Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:57 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
We posted several in hand images yesterday along with a video review and have been getting several requests for more comparison images. It's understandable because since this is a new line, people are very curious about assessing scale, and thus need more comparisons to existing figures to know what scale the figures in this line will fit to. Also since most characters in this line are being done for a second (or third or fourth) time, comparisons may be needed to know if these toys can replace previous releases of these characters.

Below you will find images of Optimus Prime and Megatron compared to their toys in the Combiner Wars, Generation One, Titans Return (that's the big one), Masterpiece and Classics/United/Henkei toylines.

Let us know what you think and if you like the scale Hasbro chose for these two toys. And most of all, for those who only want one voyager Optimus or Megatron in their collection, is this worth replacing the one you have right now?

If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4490
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Discussion Thread

Postby ScottyP » Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:58 pm

Weapon: Battle Blades
YoungPrime wrote:Why didn't he do the Bot size comparison's of the Classics and Sieges the way he did the OP's in truck mode? I still can't tell which are taller. It feels like these reviewers are hiding it with these crouched down poses.
You've got the brain, find a gentler tone and we can be pals :)

Anyways
Listen to me ramble about robots on the Seibertron.com Twincast / Podcast
ScottyP
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 638
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Postby ScottyP » Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:59 pm

Weapon: Battle Blades
Wow I could not have timed that worse if I tried!
Listen to me ramble about robots on the Seibertron.com Twincast / Podcast
ScottyP
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 638
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Postby william-james88 » Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:05 pm

Sentinel_Primal wrote: I'm just worried about how Omega's going to see release and how well the QC will be

Regarding how he will see release, why would it be any different from Predaking's release?
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Sentinel_Primal » Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:09 pm

Weapon: Thermal Sword
william-james88 wrote:
Sentinel_Primal wrote: I'm just worried about how Omega's going to see release and how well the QC will be

Regarding how he will see release, why would it be any different from Predaking's release?

I was just meaning will he be present in Brick and Mortar or will he be an "online exclusive" cause stores wouldn't pick up a figure of that size and waste shelf space on him
Sentinel_Primal
Godmaster
News Credits: 12
Alt Mode: Sea Serpent
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 6
Endurance: 4
Courage: 4
Firepower: 2
Skill: 5

Postby william-james88 » Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:21 pm

Sentinel_Primal wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

I was just meaning will he be present in Brick and Mortar or will he be an "online exclusive" cause stores wouldn't pick up a figure of that size and waste shelf space on him

well did Predaking get a brick and mortar release?

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Wolfman Jake » Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:37 pm

Motto: ""A mountain with a wolf on it stands a little taller."
-Edward Hoagland"
Weapon: Retractable Mecha-Fangs
Interesting. Siege Optimus seems to be about the same height as his Classics self, maybe a millimeter or two taller at most. That's a little bit disappointing, as Classics Optimus Prime was an undersized Voyager back in its day. I'm glad Hasbro wised up on using better gray plastics for Megatron this time. That comparison with the Titans Return Megatron just shows how sickly pale it was. Siege gets it right on the nose, despite it not having a shiny top coat of silver paint.
Wolfman Jake - Spendin' the day howlin' away.
Wolfman Jake
Faction Commander
News Credits: 65
Alt Mode: Wolf
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 9
Skill: 8

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:39 pm

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
william-james88 wrote:
Sentinel_Primal wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

well did Predaking get a brick and mortar release?

Toys 'R Us was the only chain to actually carry Titan Class in its physical stores. With that having gone belly up, there are no real alternatives outside of online. That may change in the following year, depending on how the successor will do, and how the reissues sell at Walmart I'm guessing :lol:
The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3

Looking for:
- TR Furos (Hardhead's head) and Crashbash (lost him :()
- PotP Punch head
- TR Galvatron right arm (the gun one)
- CW Brake-Neck/UW Wildrider, CW Offroad
- TR Twinferno & Grotusque
- Greenlight, Lancer and PotP Elita-1 (plus repro Victorion hands and feet?)
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 241
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Courage: 8

Postby Shredd the Dinobot » Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:25 pm

Sabrblade wrote:
Shredd the Dinobot wrote:I wasn't sure how to ask or if you get notified by who quotes you or what, I'm completely brand new to the forum but I was curious if the new Prime could store the POTP Matrix in his chest, or atleast the matrix block minus the handles?
According to this Tweet, the Matrix core by itself can fit inside the space where the robot head goes, most likely by coincidence rather than intent.

Thank you ^w^.

The fact that you can still stick that in there is a nice little extra, it adds to the playability. I understand where a lot of you guys are coming from when you complain about these figures, I don't share the same sentiment but I understand. I still think there great though.

I can't wait to start my G1, well G1 inspired collection. ^w^
Shredd the Dinobot
Mini-Con

Postby Flashwave » Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:45 pm

Motto: "Our society's downfall will not be this war. The war IS our society. That which will get us will be the little things. Some humanoid race, some tossed cannon, the little things that no one looks out for. THAT is for what we must be vigilant."
Weapon: Twin Shoulder-Mounted Rocket Launchers
Hmm. So Seige Prime is almost exactly the same size as TR Prime, minus the shoulder pylons. That’s kinda cool, given most of the time my villain du jour is RID Scourge

Those comparisons of Megs with TR Megs though are not making my choices any easier. One the Ione hand, I really like the weapons n Megs, and the bot mode looks great; cleaner than the TR version. On the other though, the tank mode still looks like a robot folded into a tank to me and the TR Megs has more play value as a Triple Changer.
Flashwave
City Commander
News Credits: 8
Strength: 7
Speed: 9
Endurance: 6
Courage: 9
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby Albatross250 » Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:52 pm

Motto: "Operation: T E R M I N A T I O N"
Weapon: Heat-Seeking Incendiary Missiles
Actually, i do like the Siege Optimus....

Only if its repainted to Shattered Glass :SG-BOTS: :lol:
Still Playing Fall Of Cybertron, it's still a great sequel!
Albatross250
Transmetal Warrior
News Credits: 27
Alt Mode: Type 74 Main Battle Tank
Intelligence: 7
Courage: 7
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Postby Sentinel_Primal » Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:53 pm

So, if these guys are showing up around the same time that the Power of the Primes figures started shoing up, when can we expect the leader class Shockwave and Magnus? I'm so excited for the white Prime gimmick's return and Shockwave's new gimmick makes me want him so much more :D
Sentinel_Primal
Godmaster

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:55 pm

Sentinel_Primal wrote:So, if these guys are showing up around the same time that the Power of the Primes figures started shoing up, when can we expect the leader class Shockwave and Magnus? I'm so excited for the white Prime gimmick's return and Shockwave's new gimmick makes me want him so much more :D

Around Black Friday, within a month. That is, if Walmart reconsiders carrying Leader Class again.

Looking for:
- PotP Punch head
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers

Postby Sentinel_Primal » Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:57 pm

JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Sentinel_Primal wrote:So, if these guys are showing up around the same time that the Power of the Primes figures started shoing up, when can we expect the leader class Shockwave and Magnus? I'm so excited for the white Prime gimmick's return and Shockwave's new gimmick makes me want him so much more :D

Around Black Friday, within a month. That is, if Walmart reconsiders carrying Leader Class again.

Wait, Wal-Mart stopped carrying Leader classes?? I thought that was just the Wal-Marts out here in the Midwest not getting supplies. Didn't know it was a general Wal-Mart thing
Sentinel_Primal
Godmaster

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:03 am

Sentinel_Primal wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

Wait, Wal-Mart stopped carrying Leader classes?? I thought that was just the Wal-Marts out here in the Midwest not getting supplies. Didn't know it was a general Wal-Mart thing

I believe they only have Studio Series Leaders now, with unsold stock of Blackout and Grimlock. PotP, all gone.

Looking for:
- PotP Punch head
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers

Postby Seibertron » Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:18 am

Motto: "'Til All Are One!"
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles

Leader Class should be around December or January.
Seibertron
Site Owner
News Credits: 3554
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Alt Mode: Supersonic Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 10
Endurance: 9
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10+

Postby Seibertron » Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:23 am

JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Toys 'R Us was the only chain to actually carry Titan Class in its physical stores. With that having gone belly up, there are no real alternatives outside of online. That may change in the following year, depending on how the successor will do, and how the reissues sell at Walmart I'm guessing :lol:

This is 100% incorrect. Titans Return was carried at Target and Walmart as well as other big box stores. Toys R Us didn't have anything unique about Titans Return or any other recent mainline Transformers series.

I misread "Titan Class" as "Titans Return". I should've known better than to tango with JelZe GoldRabbit :)
Seibertron
Site Owner

Postby Seibertron » Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:26 am

JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Sentinel_Primal wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

I believe they only have Studio Series Leaders now, with unsold stock of Blackout and Grimlock. PotP, all gone.

This is incorrect as well, if I'm reading these messages correctly. I bought a 2nd Leader Class Rodimus Prime at Walmart not too long ago so that I could have Hot Rod and Rodimus Prime. Hoping to do the same with a discounted Optimus Prime here in the near future.
Seibertron
Site Owner

Postby Nemesis Primal » Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:30 am

Motto: "Anything worth doing is worth suffering for."
Weapon: Twin Swords
Oh BOY, Siege figures are showing up, YAY.

You know what else would be nice to see show up at retail? Optimal Optimus.

...In reality, I am absolutely excited for Siege, and it is very cool that it's showing up earlier than anticipated, but I don't have any interest in any Masters of any kind except Pteraxadon so far, and the figure I was MOST anticipating from PotP, the fan vote character even, still has yet to appear at US retail, so this really just stings.

Also I have no interest in those Voyager molds whatsoever unless/until they're retooled/repainted into different characters.
Nemesis Primal
Godmaster
News Credits: 48
Alt Mode: Purple monkey I guess
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Courage: 7
Firepower: 9
Skill: 7

Postby 1984forever » Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:35 am

It would be nice if we could get that same Prime in the 2nd part of the trilogy sans battle damage with an Earth truck mode so I can replace my Classics (2014 release) Optimus. I’m really tempted to get that Megatron to replace my TR Megatron.
1984forever
Targetmaster

Postby trence5 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:48 am

Motto: "I GOT BETTER THINGS TO DO TONIGHT THAN DIE!"
Weapon: Photon Eliminator Rifle
Wolfman Jake wrote:Interesting. Siege Optimus seems to be about the same height as his Classics self, maybe a millimeter or two taller at most. That's a little bit disappointing, as Classics Optimus Prime was an undersized Voyager back in its day. I'm glad Hasbro wised up on using better gray plastics for Megatron this time. That comparison with the Titans Return Megatron just shows how sickly pale it was. Siege gets it right on the nose, despite it not having a shiny top coat of silver paint.

I am a bit disappointed that the Siege Megatron doesn't look to be the same size as Classics Megatron mold in the pics.
trence5
Combiner
Speed: 4
Courage: 6
Firepower: 7

Postby leokearon » Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:12 am

Motto: "Every little bit helps"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
Still happy with my TR Megatron, and the size pics confirm it.
Looking for:
G2 Sideswipe's spoiler
leokearon
Gestalt Team Leader
News Credits: 18
Endurance: 6
Courage: 6
Firepower: 8
Skill: 9

Postby SpikeyTigertron » Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:13 am

So it just occurred to me... Target doesn't usually do DCPI's *per* character is that something new for Siege? It's usually a generic DCPI per size class (if you're lucky).
SpikeyTigertron
Gestalt Team Leader
News Credits: 2

Postby Emerje » Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:34 am

Motto: "Spellcheck's antithesis."
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
Seibertron wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Toys 'R Us was the only chain to actually carry Titan Class in its physical stores. With that having gone belly up, there are no real alternatives outside of online. That may change in the following year, depending on how the successor will do, and how the reissues sell at Walmart I'm guessing :lol:

This is 100% incorrect. Titans Return was carried at Target and Walmart as well as other big box stores. Toys R Us didn't have anything unique about Titans Return or any other recent mainline Transformers series.

Titan Class, not Titans return. ;)

Seibertron wrote:This is incorrect as well, if I'm reading these messages correctly. I bought a 2nd Leader Class Rodimus Prime at Walmart not too long ago so that I could have Hot Rod and Rodimus Prime. Hoping to do the same with a discounted Optimus Prime here in the near future.

Consider yourself very lucky to have one of the very few Walmarts that are still carrying Leader Class. Based on complaints from all around the country the vast majority have dropped Leader Class for both PotP and SS. However, some have started carrying SS Leaders again in the most recent fall reset, but one of my two stores (Augusta, right in the state capital and newly renovated) did not. Here's a (blurry) shot of said shelves with no Leaders (this store also dropped SS Voyagers, that lone SS Deluxe is in it's correct spot on the bottom of the shelf), the big empty space is for Devastator.

20181006_200441.jpg

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff
News Credits: 235
Alt Mode: Lobster Moose
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Courage: 10
Firepower: 3
Skill: 6

Postby william-james88 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:16 am

Wolfman Jake wrote:Interesting. Siege Optimus seems to be about the same height as his Classics self, maybe a millimeter or two taller at most. That's a little bit disappointing, as Classics Optimus Prime was an undersized Voyager back in its day. I'm glad Hasbro wised up on using better gray plastics for Megatron this time. That comparison with the Titans Return Megatron just shows how sickly pale it was. Siege gets it right on the nose, despite it not having a shiny top coat of silver paint.

But Classics Optimus was the first ever voyager class toy. So how could it be an undersized voyager back in its day?

william-james88
News Staff

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #15 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 230926N"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #30 Marvel Comics 1987 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 210422B"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #3 Cvr E 1:50 Image Comics 2023 1023IM389 3E (CA) Dragotta"
TRANSFORMERS #3 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #19 Cover B IDW Comics 2020 BOLD NEW ERA 19B JAN200701"
TRANSFORMERS #19 C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #3 Cvr A Image Comics 2023 JUN230375 3A (CA) De Felici (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #3 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #5 2nd ptg Cvr D Doubt Image Comics 2023 1123IM811 (CA) Howard"
VOID RIVALS #5 2nd ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #54 Marvel Comics 1989 (W) Budiansky (A/CA) Delbo 210422A"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #9 Cover B IDW Comic 2019 BOLD NEW ERA SIEGE 9B (CA) Tramontano"
TRANSFORMERS #9 Co ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #1 Cvr ZZ30 Seibertron.com Exclusive Image Comics 2023 (CA) Ferrari"
TRANSFORMERS #1 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS '84 Secrets & Lies #1 Cvr A IDW Comics 2020 FEB200644 1A (CA) Guidi"
TRANSFORMERS '84 S ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS UNIVERSE #2 Marvel Comics 1987 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 230926S"
TRANSFORMERS UNIVE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #1 2nd ptg Cvr A Image Comics 2023 APR239177 (CA) Howard (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #1 2nd ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #27 Cvr B IDW Comics 2021 NOV200364 27B (CA) Powell (W) Ruckley"
TRANSFORMERS #27 C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #39 Marvel Comics 1988 (W) Budiansky (A/CA) Delbo 231010S"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Rippersnapper" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Windblade and Scorchfire" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Autobot Hound" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers B1798AS0 Warpath Figure Combiner Wars" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Series PK Bruticus Action Figure	B3899" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Triggerhappy and Blowpipe" on AMAZON