This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Discussion Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Discussion Thread

Postby Galvatronian » Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:56 am

Motto: "'til all are one... or one rules everything."
Weapon: Energon Cutlass
No idea what you mean there. If you're talking about his truck mode, I did say I don't think it's perfect. Perhaps you could show a picture to clarify?
:WRECKERS: Wreck and Rule :WRECKERS:
Galvatronian
Mini-Con
Alt Mode: D type Jaguar
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 4
Firepower: 3
Skill: 7

Postby ZeldaTheSwordsman » Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:20 am

Motto: "Earthrise restock or riot"
Galvatronian, height counts for a lot. Having toys of G1 characters that size well with not only each other but also other modern mainline figures is one of the main reasons I get CHUG toys. CW Optimus doesn't have the best proportions (which are for reasons of function), but he can stand next to existing CHUG figures as well as RiD 2001, Unicron Trilogy, and mainline movieverse toys without being too small - that's why I picked him over Classics Optimus. That and his proportions and looks beat Classics Optimus hollow IMO. Also, those "silver shoes" on CW Optimus are less a deliberate deco choice and more a result of mold layout meets rigid paint budget. I can easily paint them myself, whereas painting extra height and volume onto a toy... not going to work well. I really like Siege Optimus' design, but the shrinkage he and the other Siege Autobot Cars were subjected to means they wouldn't work out size-wise... I wanted damn near the entire line, but now.. Now it's just the Battlemasters, Weaponizers, Skytread, Reflector, and probably Omega Supreme that I want. It makes me sad.

And gosh, where could CW Optimus' silver biceps and Siege Optimus' front stripe have possibly come from?
It's a complete mystery!
WANT:
* Cybertron Galvatron key, missiles
* Omega Lock
* Primus Cyber Key, coattail panel
* Powerlinx Comettor
* Cyb Jetfire R gun and missile
* RiD Galvy dragon head, beast arms
* DotM Ironhide windshield, R hood assy.
* ROTF Jetfire R JTFR panel

Di Bonaventura is not a credible or trustworthy source. And most fans do like the diversity push, thanks.

Trading MOSC MMPR fliphead Pink Ranger for ER Fasttrack or SIEGE Refraktor
ZeldaTheSwordsman
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Wolfman Jake » Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:53 pm

Motto: ""A mountain with a wolf on it stands a little taller."
-Edward Hoagland"
Weapon: Retractable Mecha-Fangs
Zelda, I don't understand at all why you think the Combiner Wars Optimus Prime/Motormaster mold prevents knee bend in gestalt mode. I just pulled my Menasor off the shelf and checked. The knees bend 90 degrees backwards without issue. Why you would think such would have anything to do with being designed as Optimus Prime confuses me too.

Also, again, I want to point out to you that the Siege figures aren't "shrinking." The size of Deluxe and Voyager figures have been consistent for many years now. Contemporary Generations figures aren't meant to necessarily match the Classics, Universe 2.0, and early Generations figures in stature or mass. They're certainly not meant to match the completely different movie figure designs or anything from Armada, Energon, or Cybertron. I don't know how you cultivated your expectations, but you clearly set yourself up for disappointment.
Wolfman Jake - Spendin' the day howlin' away.
Wolfman Jake
Faction Commander
News Credits: 65
Alt Mode: Wolf
Strength: 6
Courage: 9
Firepower: 2
Skill: 8

Postby ZeldaTheSwordsman » Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:12 pm

Wolfman Jake wrote:Zelda, I don't understand at all why you think the Combiner Wars Optimus Prime/Motormaster mold prevents knee bend in gestalt mode. I just pulled my Menasor off the shelf and checked. The knees bend 90 degrees backwards without issue. Why you would think such would have anything to do with being designed as Optimus Prime confuses me too.

Also, again, I want to point out to you that the Siege figures aren't "shrinking." The size of Deluxe and Voyager figures have been consistent for many years now. Contemporary Generations figures aren't meant to necessarily match the Classics, Universe 2.0, and early Generations figures in stature or mass. They're certainly not meant to match the completely different movie figure designs or anything from Armada, Energon, or Cybertron. I don't know how you cultivated your expectations, but you clearly set yourself up for disappointment.

"The size of Deluxe and Voyager figures have been consistent for many years now" - that's my bloody point! :BOOM: They have consistently hovered in the 1/32 scale neighborhood (and those who aren't are in robot mode scale with those who are)! Which has meant that contemporary stuff like Prime Wars Deluxes are, in fact, comparable in stature and altmode size with older Generations and Universe stuff - I know, I've checked. So why was it so unreasonable for me to expect Siege stuff to be the same size as Prime Wars stuff when as you say we've had consistency for years?

No matter their gains in mass, the Siege figures are ABSOLUTELY shrinking substantially in stature - what else do you want to call Siege Sideswipe only coming up to the bottom of Universe Sideswipe's armpit (or Titans Return Hot Rod's for that matter)? They're shrinking in altmode too, with Optimus and the Autobot Cars looking to be more in the 1/45 scale range.

As for going with AEC/movie stuff.. I know that obviously CHUG stuff contemporary or otherwise isn't designed to do that per se, but the whole "hovering around 1/32 scale" thing has meant that plenty of figures essentially do anyway.

As for why I think the CW Optimus/Motormaster mold prevents knee bend in gestalt mode unless you have the legs facing tires-side forward? I found out FROM EXPERIENCE that it does so. With the legs facing the intended way, several limbs will bump against the feet and have to be forced past to bend further. The Breakdown mold doesn't have any issues, but the Dead End/Streetwise mold does, especially the Streetwise version. Which makes it feel like the toy was designed more as a standalone Optimus, because you'd think -you'd hope - that if the mold was designed first as a combiner torso they'd have been paying better attention to clearances.
WANT:
* Omega Lock
* Powerlinx Comettor

Di Bonaventura is not a credible or trustworthy source. And most fans do like the diversity push, thanks.

ZeldaTheSwordsman
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby william-james88 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:27 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:No matter their gains in mass, the Siege figures are ABSOLUTELY shrinking substantially in stature - what else do you want to call Siege Sideswipe only coming up to the bottom of Universe Sideswipe's armpit

But Universe Sideswipe is out of scale so why would he be considered for a staple of scale? He is obscenely tall and looks terrible next to Classics Prime.

He is also much bigger than Unicron trilogy deluxes.

ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:Which makes it feel like the toy was designed more as a standalone Optimus, because you'd think -you'd hope - that if the mold was designed first as a combiner torso they'd have been paying better attention to clearances.

It was never designed as a stand alone Optimus, Warden confirmed that the entire main line fitting within only a few combiner molds was the intent from the start. Its how he got the greenlight to make so many characters.

So all along, from the begining that mold was made with Motormaster in mind.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4501
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby Cyberpath » Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:06 pm

I'm actually glad that the Voyagers are smaller now, even if it's just by a head. Works better with what I have.
Besides that, overall I think they're really good with robot scale this round.

I want these toys already! :HALUC:
Cyberpath
City Commander
News Credits: 372

Postby Emerje » Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:07 pm

Motto: "Spellcheck's antithesis."
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
Does it even make sense for CW Motormaster to have originally been a reworked Optimus Prime in a line about G1 combiners? Not really. Any elements of Prime being used in Motormaster is purely for cost cutting, people are going to be more forgiving of Prime parts on MM than MM parts on Prime. We saw the same thing in TR with Prime and Octane, a mold that was without a doubt intended to be the latter, but still featured traits of the former like the shoulder pylons. Optimus is always going to be a big seller, but it's more about choosing a truck character and then trying to figure out how to work Optimus into it than the other way around.

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff
News Credits: 236
Alt Mode: Lobster Moose
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Courage: 10
Skill: 6

Postby william-james88 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:12 pm

Cyberpath wrote:I'm actually glad that the Voyagers are smaller now, even if it's just by a head. Works better with what I have.

I have always used Classics OP as my main Prime so this new toy being the same height means nothing changes for me in terms of scale. Combiner Wars Optimus Prime never worked for me and thus i never got him. And thats the general concensus. And its because there was so little interest in him that he was never repacked and thus now worth a fortune (along with many RID toys that fans also ignored). But that just means that most collections across the globe do not have CW Optimus as the toy to base the scale out of. 15 years later, Classics OP is still the benchmark for scale.

If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,

william-james88
News Staff

Postby william-james88 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:14 pm

Emerje wrote: Optimus is always going to be a big seller, but it's more about choosing a truck character and then trying to figure out how to work Optimus into it than the other way around.

Emerje

Yup which is why Siege Optimus is so special. He is the first generations Optimus voyager to be made principally for Optimus.

william-james88
News Staff

Postby ZeldaTheSwordsman » Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:32 pm

william-james88 wrote:
ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:No matter their gains in mass, the Siege figures are ABSOLUTELY shrinking substantially in stature - what else do you want to call Siege Sideswipe only coming up to the bottom of Universe Sideswipe's armpit

But Universe Sideswipe is out of scale so why would he be considered for a staple of scale? He is obscenely tall and looks terrible next to Classics Prime.

Universe Sideswip: 1/34
Universe Prowl: 1/34
Generations Wheeljack: 1/33
Classics Mirage: 1/33
Universe Hound: 1/32
RTS Jazz: 1/32
Classics Prime: 1/43
Somebody's out of scale there alright, but it's not Sideswipe.
Seems to me that rather than the Universe Sideswipe mold being grossly oversize, the Classics Optimus mold is grossly undersize. That's why I prefer CW Optimus and was glad that he came along - I've long thought that Classics Optimus was too small.

Also, would you consider Prime Wars Deluxes such as TR Hot Rod to be "grossly tall"? Because, uh...

william-james88 wrote:He is also much bigger than Unicron trilogy deluxes.

Evidence says otherwise. Only one he towers over is your least favorite, who would be at the same height as Siege Sideswipe. For the record, Hot Shot there is 1/32 scale.

william-james88 wrote:
ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:Which makes it feel like the toy was designed more as a standalone Optimus, because you'd think -you'd hope - that if the mold was designed first as a combiner torso they'd have been paying better attention to clearances.

It was never designed as a stand alone Optimus, Warden confirmed that the entire main line fitting within only a few combiner molds was the intent from the start. Its how he got the greenlight to make so many characters.

So all along, from the begining that mold was made with Motormaster in mind.

Allow me to emphasize the key word here a bit more. I accept that the mold was designed as Motormaster and being a torso first, it just doesn't feel like it was to me. Because of the looks and because of the function issues I've had with it as a torso. It feels like the Optimus robot mode aspects got prioritized over the Motormaster and combiner torso mode aspects.
WANT:
* Omega Lock
* Powerlinx Comettor

ZeldaTheSwordsman
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Cyberpath » Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:40 pm

william-james88 wrote:
Cyberpath wrote:I'm actually glad that the Voyagers are smaller now, even if it's just by a head. Works better with what I have.

I have always used Classics OP as my main Prime so this new toy being the same height means nothing changes for me in terms of scale. Combiner Wars Optimus Prime never worked for me and thus i never got him. And thats the general concensus. And its because there was so little interest in him that he was never repacked and thus now worth a fortune (along with many RID toys that fans also ignored). But that just means that most collections across the globe do not have CW Optimus as the toy to base the scale out of. 15 years later, Classics OP is still the benchmark for scale.

Never got CW Prime either. Not PotP. And neither one of the TR Primes. Just the old Deluxe, which was more like an action figure than a Transformer.

Oh, and the RM/LC one, but as its own thing, since he's too small to work with my CHUG shelf.

Was never able to find a decent priced Henkei Prime, but there's really no need with this new Siege version.
Cyberpath
City Commander
News Credits: 372

Postby william-james88 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:45 pm

ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:Image
Seems to me that rather than the Universe Sideswipe mold being grossly oversize, the Classics Optimus mold is grossly undersize. That's why I prefer CW Optimus and was glad that he came along - I've long thought that Classics Optimus was too small.

But Classics Optimus came first, so why are we establishing scale based on something that came after?

Also, as you can see in your pics, that scale is way off from the scale they should be. WFC is correcting lots of scale problems we had.

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Cobotron » Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:24 pm

Motto: "Free your mind, and your ass will follow!"
Weapon: Sword
I say, it matters not the size of a hero, but more important is their pureness of heart, and the ferocity with which they fight to defend those in need!
Enter the COLLECT-O-TRON
Burn wrote:
Agamemnon wrote:Let's get back to talking about Burn's mammoth snout flopping... :-s

Well I am Australian. It's kinda what we're known for.
Cobotron
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 41
Alt Mode: A Sleeping Bear
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10

Postby ZeldaTheSwordsman » Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:26 pm

william-james88 wrote:
ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:Image

But Classics Optimus came first, so why are we establishing scale based on something that came after?

Because early though he may be, Classics Optimus is but one figure, far outnumbered by those more in line with 1/32ish scale. Plus he was undersize even when he came out. Within the Classics line alone, both Classics Mirage and Bumblebee were to a larger scale than he was, and he came up a bit short next to Classics Megatron.

william-james88 wrote:Also, as you can see in your pics, that scale is way off from the scale they should be. WFC is correcting lots of scale problems we had.

No, it's making them worse because it's taking the wrong approach. Sunstreaker, Prowl, and Jazz are all more or less the right size relative to each other compared to that chart, Hound and Mirage seem to be about right too, and later CHUG figures like the Prime Wars ones are in the same size range as them (see below).
So it seems to me like what Hasbro ought to have done was enlarge Optimus, Ratchet, and Ironhide to match everyone else, rather than shrink everyone down to Classics Optimus' scale and completely invalidate most of the preceding CHUG toys scale-wise.
Last edited by ZeldaTheSwordsman on Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WANT:
* Omega Lock
* Powerlinx Comettor

ZeldaTheSwordsman
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Wolfman Jake » Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:25 pm

-Edward Hoagland"
ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:"The size of Deluxe and Voyager figures have been consistent for many years now" - that's my bloody point! :BOOM: They have consistently hovered in the 1/32 scale neighborhood (and those who aren't are in robot mode scale with those who are)! Which has meant that contemporary stuff like Prime Wars Deluxes are, in fact, comparable in stature and altmode size with older Generations and Universe stuff - I know, I've checked. So why was it so unreasonable for me to expect Siege stuff to be the same size as Prime Wars stuff when as you say we've had consistency for years?

No matter their gains in mass, the Siege figures are ABSOLUTELY shrinking substantially in stature - what else do you want to call Siege Sideswipe only coming up to the bottom of Universe Sideswipe's armpit (or Titans Return Hot Rod's for that matter)? They're shrinking in altmode too, with Optimus and the Autobot Cars looking to be more in the 1/45 scale range.

As for going with AEC/movie stuff.. I know that obviously CHUG stuff contemporary or otherwise isn't designed to do that per se, but the whole "hovering around 1/32 scale" thing has meant that plenty of figures essentially do anyway.

No, you're skipping over a significant portion of the past 14 years of the "Generations" line (starting in 2006 with "Classics"). The downsizing began roughly with the "Fall of Cybertron" line and continued into the Thrilling 30 line. It was at that point that we even saw a downsizing in the Leader class, as T30 Jetfire was a smaller, less massive, electronics-less Leader Class figure, compared to what we had been used to in the era of the Unicron Trilogy and the first couple of movie lines.

With the Prime Wars Trilogy, we got some more variance in size classes, but mostly because of gimmicks. Combiner Wars and Power of the Primes Deluxes and Voyagers are just a bit larger than normal due to structural concerns with the gestalt modes. They're lighter, so as not to add too much weight to the overall combined mode. Most of them have substantial cavities inside, to increase the surface area and structural support points while minimizing weight. In Titans Return, we've got another consideration in the form of having sizeable "cockpits" for the Titan Masters to sit inside the Deluxe and Voyager vehicle modes. Adding those cavities means that sometimes the robot mode will have a large area of nothing inside that all the other mass forms around. In some instances, though, Hasbro and Takara found clever ways to collapse those spaces to make more compact figures. That's why we get a considerably wide variance among size classes in Titans Return, but nothing is so egregiously out of scale compared to anything else that they don't look like they fit into the same line.

Those kinds of gimmicks are now gone with the Siege line, so we're back to where we were, essentially, with Thrilling 30 in terms of size and mass of figures overall. Just line within Titans Return, we really don't have a huge size variance among toys within the same size class from T30 onward. The difference between anything pre-Fall of Cybertron and post is, of course, going to be very noticeable, which is where the bulk of your comparison is being done, which is why you're setting yourself up for disappointment. Even pointing out oddities like the smallness of Classics Optimus Prime or the apparent tallness of TR Hot Rod, doesn't really help your argument. Classics Optimus is weirdly small compared to the rest of the Classics and Universe 2008 line up. TR Hot Rod does look tall, but it's because he's got high shoulders. Measure up to his head instead, and you'll find that he's not at all out of scale with his contemporaries. These are exceptions that prove the rule, so to speak.

ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:As for why I think the CW Optimus/Motormaster mold prevents knee bend in gestalt mode unless you have the legs facing tires-side forward? I found out FROM EXPERIENCE that it does so. With the legs facing the intended way, several limbs will bump against the feet and have to be forced past to bend further. The Breakdown mold doesn't have any issues, but the Dead End/Streetwise mold does, especially the Streetwise version. Which makes it feel like the toy was designed more as a standalone Optimus, because you'd think -you'd hope - that if the mold was designed first as a combiner torso they'd have been paying better attention to clearances.

Well, from my experience, I've not had any trouble with bending the knees back 90 degrees on the Optimus/Motormaster mold. How are you getting "clearance issues?" Those wheels behind the legs don't bump into anything at the combination joint, nor on the back of any combiner limb. The robot mode feet of the Voyager torso stick off to the side. That's the intended configuration. Are you putting the feet at the back or front for some reason? That's not the correct configuration. Like I said before, I just earlier today played around with my Menasor after you made your complaints and found none of what you purported to be accurate. Why don't you take some pictures of what you think the problem is?
Wolfman Jake
Faction Commander

Postby Cobotron » Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:02 pm

Motto: "Free your mind, and your ass will follow!"
Weapon: Sword
Wolfman Jake wrote: Why don't you take some pictures of what you think the problem is?
That would be fine and good, but if you do, please move this conversation to the Combiner Wars thread as not to diverge to far from the topic of this thread. Thanks! ;)^
Enter the COLLECT-O-TRON
Burn wrote:
Agamemnon wrote:Let's get back to talking about Burn's mammoth snout flopping... :-s

Well I am Australian. It's kinda what we're known for.
Cobotron
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 41
Alt Mode: A Sleeping Bear
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10

Postby Galvatronian » Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:58 pm

Motto: "'til all are one... or one rules everything."
Weapon: Energon Cutlass
So, my generations Dirge is 14.2 cm or 5" 10 sixteenths to the top of his conehead. He's based on the classic seeker mold. So I think classics starscream would be 12.9 cm or 5" 2 sixteenths to the top of his head.
Universe deluxe; drag strip 13.5cm. voyager; inferno 18.4cm
Generations deluxe; arcee 13cm, tankor 12cm, skids 13.1cm. voyager; blitzwing 18.4cm, springer 17.8cm
CW(I have no deluxes); voyager; onslaught 17.5cm, scattershot 17.8cm
TR deluxe; hot rod 14.1cm, Kup 14.8cm, triggerhappy 13.8cm. voyager; megatron 17.9cm, astrotrain 18.2cm
POTP deluxe; dreadwing (cw mold) 13.6cm, swoop 13.2cm, Punch 14.4cm. Voyagers; Grimlock 17cm, Starscream 17.5cm
All of these are measured to the top of their heads.
:WRECKERS: Wreck and Rule :WRECKERS:
Galvatronian
Mini-Con
Alt Mode: D type Jaguar
Strength: 5
Courage: 4
Skill: 7

Postby ZeldaTheSwordsman » Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:34 pm

Wolfman Jake, you misunderstand me. I was going] by TR Hot Rod's head height since he's about average for TR head height and he was handy:
This is how their head heights compare. Hot Rod is a little shorter...
...but it's nothing compared to this.
The Combiner Wars Breakdown mold is also shorter than the Universe Sideswipe mold, but definitely not by as much as the Siege Sideswipe mold. Yes, there's hollows involved but I don't find them that big a detractor.
I still don't think it was all that unreasonable to expect TR or at least CW/POTP heights...

The Siege stuff still seems small even by the T30 standard. Like, Sideswipe is at best as tall as T30 Arcee (one of the smaller T30 Deluxes, looking at Skids, Armada Starscream, etc). Optimus appears to be the same height as Classics Optimus, who is shorter than T30 Springer and Blitzwing (who are themselves shorter than CW Optimus and fellow T30 Voyager, Brainstorm).
WANT:
* Omega Lock
* Powerlinx Comettor

ZeldaTheSwordsman
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Wolfman Jake » Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:12 pm

-Edward Hoagland"
ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:Wolfman Jake, you misunderstand me. I was going] by TR Hot Rod's head height since he's about average for TR head height and he was handy:
This is how their head heights compare. Hot Rod is a little shorter...
...but it's nothing compared to this.
The Combiner Wars Breakdown mold is also shorter than the Universe Sideswipe mold, but definitely not by as much as the Siege Sideswipe mold. Yes, there's hollows involved but I don't find them that big a detractor.
I still don't think it was all that unreasonable to expect TR or at least CW/POTP heights...

The Siege stuff still seems small even by the T30 standard. Like, Sideswipe is at best as tall as T30 Arcee (one of the smaller T30 Deluxes, looking at Skids, Armada Starscream, etc). Optimus appears to be the same height as Classics Optimus, who is shorter than T30 Springer and Blitzwing (who are themselves shorter than CW Optimus and fellow T30 Voyager, Brainstorm).

I'll be happy to take some pictures of the Siege Deluxes (Sideswipe especially) along with plenty of Combiner Wars, Titans Return, and Power of the Primes Deluxes for the sake of settling this. It does look like CW Sunstreaker will be just a bit taller than Sideswipe, but then again, that's how it's supposed to be. Check out some of the old Sunbow style charts as well as the current Masterpiece figures. TR Hot Rod is fairly tall for a TR figure. Compare him to other TR figures like Blurr or Kup. They're more in line with Siege Deluxes, for sure. Also, T30 Brainstorm wasn't made with Classics Optimus in mind. It was just a one-off figure to celebrate Headmasters as part of the history of Transformers. He's way oversized in terms of scale compared to the Deluxe version we got for TR. We're getting a new, better scaled Springer in Siege as well now. We already got a replacement, resized Blitzwing in TR too. Compare some of those Thrilling 30 examples you've given to other Voyagers from that same line, like Roadbuster, Whirl, or even Rhinox. You can't just cherry pick these oddly big toys and use them as a benchmark to claim Siege is significantly scaled down from what we've had for the past 5 years.
Wolfman Jake
Faction Commander

Postby ZeldaTheSwordsman » Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:29 pm

Wolfman Jake wrote:You can't just cherry pick these oddly big toys and use them as a benchmark to claim Siege is significantly scaled down from what we've had for the past 5 years.

:evil: :evil: :-x :-x :BOOM:
I am not purposely cherrypicking "oddly big figures". I specifically said:
ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:Wolfman Jake, you misunderstand me. I was going] by TR Hot Rod's head height since he's about average for TR head height and he was handy

See for yourself! Blurr is shorter but not by a huge margin, Highbrow and Hardhead are about the same, Kup is actually taller.

I didn't think Springer (the only T30 Voyager I own) was "oddly big" for a T30 voyager. I figured Brainstorm was after checking the gallery for comparison, but not Springer. I assumed Springer was average for a T30 voyager and when I checked his gallery and saw Blitzwing was the same height but with more bulk I figured that was confirmation.

You mentioned Roadbuster and Whirl, so I decided to check their galleries while writing this. Well..
Whirl and Springer seem to be around the same height, with Whirl being maybe a little taller.
And Roadbuster is about the same as Whirl. So.... Is T30 Springer really "oddly big"? :???:

A big reason I brought up T30 Springer's height as compared to Classics Prime is, the height difference between T30 Springer and T30 Arcee looks to be the proper height difference between Optimus and Sideswipe based on the scale chart. So if I'm right about Siege Sideswipe being about the same height as T30 Arcee and Siege Optimus being the same height as Classics Optimus, that would make Siege Optimus too short! If I'm right.
WANT:
* Omega Lock
* Powerlinx Comettor

ZeldaTheSwordsman
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby william-james88 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:11 pm

If you have all the toys you want at the height you want and Wolfman Jake gets all the toys he wants at the height he wants, then what is the point to any of this? I think that just means that Hasbro was right to give us so many height options in toys so that we can pick and choose the versions of the characters that work best for us. Since I have always been using classics primes in my battle scenes (since thats the Prime that looks most like Optimus to me) the size of this new one wont make a difference. I just get a better looking Prime :)

william-james88
News Staff

Postby william-james88 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:33 pm

Here are some more comparisons for fun. I might make an article on it on thursday as a TBT kind of thing. It could give an idea of whether or not a toy is worth replacing (personally, I think Universe sideswipe looks bad regardless of the scale factor)

william-james88
News Staff

Postby ZeldaTheSwordsman » Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:52 pm

Yeah, Universe Sideswipe is not the greatest looking (I think the mold would look way better as Lightfoot/Getaway) especially because his headsculpt is Fansproject-ugly.

Perhaps you could take photos of Siege Sideswipe next to the TR deluxes and such? Right now Universe Sideswipe is the only non-Siege Deluxe I've seen him compared with.
WANT:
* Omega Lock
* Powerlinx Comettor

ZeldaTheSwordsman
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Wolfman Jake » Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:57 pm

-Edward Hoagland"
I also took some pictures, William James. Great minds think alike, as usual. ;)

I just grabbed an assortment of Deluxe Class figures of various sizes from my "Classics" shelves, spanning from Universe 2.0 to Power of the Primes. Here they are. The latter pics showcase pairings with Universe 2.0 Sideswipe and/or Universe 2.0 Hound with a handy ruler for a rough estimate of absolute height. I say "rough estimate" because I didn't have something to hold the ruler at a precise perpendicular angle to the surface upon which I posed my figures, meaning it could be leaning a bit forward or backward depending on the shot, changing the reading by a mm or so either way. Anyway, here's what I came up with:

Enjoy!
Wolfman Jake
Faction Commander

Postby no-one » Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:23 am

So I've been playing with Transformers wrong this whole time. I thought transformation was the primary play gimmick. Who knew it was height?
no-one
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 131

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS #1 Facsimile Cvr C blank DC Comics 2024 0324DC133 1C"
NEW!
CRISIS ON INFINITE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "INCREDIBLE HULK #181 facsimile Marvel Comics 2023 ptg MAY230702 (CA) Trimpe"
INCREDIBLE HULK #1 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #129 Facsimile Edition Marvel Comics 2023 ptg DEC220767"
AMAZING SPIDER-MAN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WOLVERINE #1 Facsimile 1:25 Marvel Comics 2024 ptg JAN240733 Bradshaw 240317D"
NEW!
WOLVERINE #1 Facsi ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BRAVE AND THE BOLD #54 Facsimile Cvr A DC Comics 2024 ptg 54A (CA) Premiani"
NEW!
BRAVE AND THE BOLD ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Marvel Super Heroes SECRET WARS #2 1:25 Facsimile Marvel Comics NOV230744 MSH"
NEW!
Marvel Super Heroe ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "UNCANNY X-MEN #141 Facsimile 2023 ptg Marvel Comics SEP230775 (A/CA) Byrne"
UNCANNY X-MEN #141 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "NEW TEEN TITANS #1 Facsimile Cvr C blank sketch DC Comics 2023 ptg 1023DC208 1C"
NEW TEEN TITANS #1 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "FLASH #123 Facsimile DC Comics 2023 ptg 1122DC116 (CA) Infantino + Anderson"
FLASH #123 Facsimi ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "NEW TEEN TITANS #1 Facsimile Cvr A DC Comics 2023 ptg 1023DC206 1A (CA) Perez"
NEW TEEN TITANS #1 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WONDER WOMAN #1 facsimile Cvr A DC Comics 2023 0723DC206 1A (CA) Perez"
WONDER WOMAN #1 fa ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #254 1:25 Facsimile Marvel Comics 2024 ptg JAN240730 Sliney"
NEW!
AMAZING SPIDER-MAN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Marvel Super Heroes SECRET WARS #1 Facsimile var foil Marvel Comics 2024 MSH"
Marvel Super Heroe ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WOLVERINE #1 Facsimile Marvel Comics 2024 ptg JAN240732 (CA) Buscema"
NEW!
WOLVERINE #1 Facsi ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Tailgate" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Snarl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Sinnertwin" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Moonracer" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Windblade and Scorchfire" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Rippersnapper" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Playskool Heroes Rescue Bots Optimus Prime Racing Trailer" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Leader Dragonstorm Combiner" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Alpha Bravo Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Trailbreaker" on AMAZON