This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Discussion Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Discussion Thread

Postby YoungPrime » Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:56 pm

I wish they had done a size comparison with Shockwave and Megatron.

Better yet just release this d@mn figure at retail already and I'll do it myself!
YoungPrime
Headmaster Jr

Postby Emerje » Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:10 pm

Motto: "Spellcheck's antithesis."
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
Looks like we've got our confirmation that Ultra Magnus' armor has pre-posed ankles rather than ankle tilts.

Not a deal breaker, just less than ideal.

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff
News Credits: 236
Alt Mode: Lobster Moose
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Endurance: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 3
Skill: 6

Postby Lucky Logician » Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:13 pm

This is the perfect example of why I dislike the 'weathering' effect on these toys. It is extremely haphazardly applied. They took this pristine white figure and just flicked some silver on this thighs AND NOWHERE ELSE!
Lucky Logician
Fuzor
News Credits: 1

Postby Sentinel_Primal » Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:15 pm

Weapon: Thermal Sword
Emerje wrote:Looks like we've got our confirmation that Ultra Magnus' armor has pre-posed ankles rather than ankle tilts.

Not a deal breaker, just less than ideal.

Emerje

AGH :BOOM: Why?! I'm still gonna get him, but I hate when they're pre-posed ankle tilts! It just makes it more tedious to pose! Oh well, there are worse things in this line (Prowl's legs I'm looking at you)
Sentinel_Primal
Godmaster
News Credits: 12
Alt Mode: Sea Serpent
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 6
Endurance: 4
Courage: 4
Firepower: 2
Skill: 5

Postby Cobotron » Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:26 pm

Motto: "Free your mind, and your ass will follow!"
Weapon: Sword
I'm gonna hope that it's another case of mis-transformation until proven otherwise. [-(
Enter the COLLECT-O-TRON
Burn wrote:
Agamemnon wrote:Let's get back to talking about Burn's mammoth snout flopping... :-s

Well I am Australian. It's kinda what we're known for.
Cobotron
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 41
Alt Mode: A Sleeping Bear
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Courage: 9
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10

Postby Randomhero » Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:30 pm

Cobotron wrote:I'm gonna hope that it's another case of mis-transformation until proven otherwise. [-(

There’s a corner with people still waiting for unite warriors Liokaiser. They’ll probably let you chill with them while you wait
Randomhero
Gestalt
News Credits: 3

Postby Sentinel_Primal » Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:33 pm

Randomhero wrote:
Cobotron wrote:I'm gonna hope that it's another case of mis-transformation until proven otherwise. [-(

There’s a corner with people still waiting for unite warriors Liokaiser. They’ll probably let you chill with them while you wait

If I'm honest, I kind of wish we'd get it, just to see how they handle the Scramble City style, with the addition of two bots making up the torso. Maybe down the line we might see release like with Greenlight
Sentinel_Primal
Godmaster

Postby steals_your_goats » Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:38 pm

Weapon: Twin Swords
Randomhero wrote:

There are hinges attached to the side of the feet. What purpose would they serve other than ankle tilt?
Delta Magnus wrote:This is because you are a hamhanded idiot.
steals_your_goats
Godmaster
News Credits: 13
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Dimetrodon
Strength: 10
Endurance: 9
Firepower: 4
Skill: 7

Postby -Kanrabat- » Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:04 pm

Motto: "Love it? GET IT!
It's that simple."
Weapon: Vibro-Axe
steals_your_goats wrote:There are hinges attached to the side of the feet. What purpose would they serve other than ankle tilt?

After watching the pictures carefully, the angle of the feet seem to be unmoving no matter the pose. Plus what you see as "hinges" are really just the parts where the white panels tab solidly in. There is no "hinges" there.
Come see my latest creation, a Galvatron Combiner using 4 SS86 Sweeps as limbs HERE!

Also, an update to my old ALL HELICOPER VICTORION!

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 95
Watch -Kanrabat- on YouTube
Buy from -Kanrabat- on eBay
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Postby Cobotron » Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:32 pm

Motto: "Free your mind, and your ass will follow!"
Weapon: Sword
When everyone gets their pudding, then we'll have our proof. >:oP
Enter the COLLECT-O-TRON
Burn wrote:
Agamemnon wrote:Let's get back to talking about Burn's mammoth snout flopping... :-s

Well I am Australian. It's kinda what we're known for.
Cobotron
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 41
Alt Mode: A Sleeping Bear
Intelligence: 9
Courage: 9
Skill: 10

Postby RainyDayMan2k » Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:37 pm

Motto: "I'm tired of being tired."
-Kanrabat- wrote:I don't care for that Shockwave, but I NEED that Ultra Magnus!
Like, really, THE RETURN OF SHITE OPTIMUS! That combine with his trailer! It's the first time ever since G1!

:shock: :DANCE: :APPLAUSE:

Either that's an amusing typo where you slipped just south of the W key, or... /:)
RainyDayMan2k
Micromaster
Strength: 5
Speed: 3
Endurance: 5
Courage: 7
Skill: 8

Postby william-james88 » Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:41 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
Randomhero wrote:

If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4501
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby ZeldaTheSwordsman » Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:43 pm

Motto: "Earthrise restock or riot"

Yes, let's remember that Hasbro's stock photographers can't be trusted to transform a Jumpstarter.
And I'm pretty sure it is in fact working ankle tilts. Because in some of those pictures, like this one:
ZeroWolf wrote:Image

The ankles look to be tilted more steeply.

Lucky Logician wrote:Image

This is the perfect example of why I dislike the 'weathering' effect on these toys. It is extremely haphazardly applied. They took this pristine white figure and just flicked some silver on this thighs AND NOWHERE ELSE!

It's not actually haphazard, there is a calculation to it. Siege may have more paint than we've been accustomed to for a while, but it's still rationed. So when apportioning Magnus' paint operations, they presumably decided it was more important to weather the armored mode since that's the part most people would care about. And since the thighs of the cab robot are the only part left exposed, they're what gets the weathering.
WANT:
* Cybertron Galvatron key, missiles
* Omega Lock
* Primus Cyber Key, coattail panel
* Powerlinx Comettor
* Cyb Jetfire R gun and missile
* RiD Galvy dragon head, beast arms
* DotM Ironhide windshield, R hood assy.
* ROTF Jetfire R JTFR panel

Di Bonaventura is not a credible or trustworthy source. And most fans do like the diversity push, thanks.

Trading MOSC MMPR fliphead Pink Ranger for ER Fasttrack or SIEGE Refraktor
ZeldaTheSwordsman
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Emerje » Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:17 pm

Motto: "Spellcheck's antithesis."
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:

Yes, let's remember that Hasbro's stock photographers can't be trusted to transform a Jumpstarter.
And I'm pretty sure it is in fact working ankle tilts. Because in some of those pictures, like this one:
ZeroWolf wrote:Image

The ankles look to be tilted more steeply.

They do appear to be more angled there so there might be a bit more of a tilt inward, but I don't think they can sit flat. The feet appear to be attached to the tires so if the were flat they'd force the wheels off the ground in truck mode and he'd roll in bot mode, by angling them they keep the wheels up in bot mode. At least that's how it looks.

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff
News Credits: 236
Alt Mode: Lobster Moose
Strength: 9
Speed: 4
Firepower: 3
Skill: 6

Postby -Kanrabat- » Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:22 pm

It's that simple."
Shegotron wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:I don't care for that Shockwave, but I NEED that Ultra Magnus!
Like, really, THE RETURN OF SHITE OPTIMUS! That combine with his trailer! It's the first time ever since G1!

:shock: :DANCE: :APPLAUSE:

Either that's an amusing typo where you slipped just south of the W key, or... /:)

M... Maybe that's why it took so long to have a combining White Magnus! :lol:
Come see my latest creation, a Galvatron Combiner using 4 SS86 Sweeps as limbs HERE!

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers

Transformers WFC Siege Hits Multiple Retailers in Canada for all Size Classes Except Leader

Postby william-james88 » Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:34 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
While the US has been having fun with new generations line toy for a little while (as per usual), Siege has finally hit Canada all at once. Here is a quick rundown of where certain classes are found in various retailers:

Walmart: New Siege display (picture below) for Deluxes and Voyagers. These are apart from the Transformers section, in a central aisle.
Toysrus: While the Battle Masters were already reported, they now have the Micromasters, Deluxes and Voyager classes.
EB Games: They have the Micromaster two packs.

The prices are the same across the board with the Micromasters at $12.99, Deluxes at $29.99 and Voyagers at $39.99. These are all in Canadian dollars. Like in the US, the MSRP is made to match the movie figures price jump we saw last year with The Last Knight. Of course, there are always deals and right now at Toysrus there is a BOGO 50% off sale. So buying two Siege deluxes gives you 25% off each figure.

This info is brought to us by MeGrimlock78 on our boards and Dangard Ace from Cybertron.ca.

If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4501
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:05 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Lucky Logician wrote:Image

Because the thighs are the only part of the inner figure's front that are exposed when the figure is wearing its armor. The rest of the body is so pristine because the armor piece cover up all those pristine parts, keeping them clean from the battle damage that the armor pieces themselves get covered in.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 438
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby Nemesis Maximo » Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:17 pm

Motto: "Always Be’s-ing and do’s-ing, never cheesing or choosing!"
Weapon: Gatling Cannon
I’m with Lucky on this; would the lack of battle damage on the thighs of the Power Armor really detract from the look the way including it on the core robot does?
Back at it again!
Marvel Legends Domino

SW's SilverHammer wrote:Eat my ass funpub.

Burn wrote:And this is for taking Nemesis Maximo seriously.
*high fives Silly in the face*

carytheone wrote:I can't be assed to do any better right now.
Nemesis Maximo
Gestalt
Alt Mode: Lounge Lizard
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 5
Endurance: 6
Firepower: 10+

Postby ZeldaTheSwordsman » Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:23 pm

Nemesis Maximo wrote:I’m with Lucky on this; would the lack of battle damage on the thighs of the Power Armor really detract from the look the way including it on the core robot does?

I realize I'm not a board-certified expert like Sabrblade, so you may have skimmed over what I had sad about it. So here:
ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:It's not actually haphazard, there is a calculation to it. Siege may have more paint than we've been accustomed to for a while, but it's still rationed. So when apportioning Magnus' paint operations, they presumably decided it was more important to weather the armored mode since that's the part most people would care about. And since the thighs of the cab robot are the only part left exposed, they're what gets the weathering.
WANT:
* Omega Lock
* Powerlinx Comettor

Di Bonaventura is not a credible or trustworthy source. And most fans do like the diversity push, thanks.

ZeldaTheSwordsman
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Randomhero » Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:44 am

Six months since the reveal of siege and people still complaining about the weathering effect and saying the same stuff over and over and over. ;)^
Randomhero
Gestalt
News Credits: 3

Postby Sentinel_Primal » Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:43 am

Randomhero wrote:Six months since the reveal of siege and people still complaining about the weathering effect and saying the same stuff over and over and over. ;)^

Generally I'm okay with the battle damage effect cause it's subtle. And then there's Soundwave being caked in the stuff :lol: He's the only one I take a lot of issue with, and mostly because of the cracks in his... Window? Would that be the right term? :lol:
Sentinel_Primal
Godmaster

Postby Carnivius_Prime » Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:29 am

Motto: "A cunning smile is more devastating than the fiercest weapon."
Weapon: Anti-Thermal Cannon
Don't like Magnus at all. Surprised he can even pose at all being so bricky looking. And his butt ends up as the truck's lower front. Like when he crashes into enemies in truck mode he's butt-bashing them?

Shockwave looks fine but should have left all that backpack junk off him and released him as a voyager. Way too expensive for a voyager size figure and awful accessory.
I have anxiety, depression and aspergers syndrome so my behaviour can be erratic. I don't mean offense to anyone. Just very picky about my Transformers collecting. You're all cool! :)

Likes: Bayverse, Marvel UK G1, Geoff Senior art, '86 movie (more for style/soundtrack rather than Star Wars plot)
Dislikes: Bumblebee movie (lousy rehashed dumb crud), TFA, G1 cartoon, IDW G1, BW/BM, MP. The entire concept of Autobot Megatron
Carnivius_Prime
City Commander
News Credits: 19

Postby ZeldaTheSwordsman » Mon Dec 17, 2018 4:07 am

Carnivius_Prime wrote:Don't like Magnus at all. Surprised he can even pose at all being so bricky looking. And his butt ends up as the truck's lower front. Like when he crashes into enemies in truck mode he's butt-bashing them?

Shockwave looks fine but should have left all that backpack junk off him and released him as a voyager. Way too expensive for a voyager size figure and awful accessory.

1. Ultra Magnus doesn't look that much blockier than the Combiner Wars toy (and his G1 design has always been blocky, which you should know full well from your comics), why are you so surprised he can pose? Also, A. We've known how blocky he is for months, why are you only trashing on him for it now? and B. the truck bumper had to go somewhere. I'm pretty sure Optimus has a bumper butt too.

2. Regarding Shockwave, they needed somebody to be a Decepticon Leader-class toy. And whether you like the weapon harness or not (I think it's fine), it brings him up to Leader size, which is the important thing. Besides, they have at least 4 Voyager slots allocated to Decepticons already (Megatron, Starscream, Soundwave, and Thundercracker).
WANT:
* Omega Lock
* Powerlinx Comettor

ZeldaTheSwordsman
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby -Kanrabat- » Mon Dec 17, 2018 4:52 am

It's that simple."
Siege have properly hit Canada.

Eh.

Call me a pessimist, but I'm pretty sure there will be FOKKAL in my local Laval stores. :-x

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers

Postby frogbat » Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:34 am

Motto: "All my 6 nipples are tingling."
Weapon: Self-Propelled Photon Cannon
I like Magnus and the fact he has a transforming cab but I prefer the CW's aesthetics so far... it seems they fixed my biggest complaint re the CW figure - a lack of ankle tilts (and here they might have not bothered to straighten them). He seems to have borrowed the mp buttflap feature tho. Then on the plus side he does have a better gun. He does feel like he was a leftover from the POTP gimmick tho.

I actually like shockwave - the kibble seems weird but it kinda goes with the character and with the weaponiser gimmick.
My personal prime collection so far in descending order of how great i reckon the toy is -
FE Prime, Silas Breakdown (Powerizer), Dreadwing (Powerizer), FE Bulkhead, Voyager StarScream (Powerizer), Ratchet, Soundwave, Arcee, Voyager Megatron (Powerizer), Wheeljack, Thundertron (Powerizer), Ultra Magnus (Powerizer), Knockout, Cliffjumper, Bumblebee,Airachnid
frogbat
Pretender
Strength: 6
Endurance: 7

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "METALHAWK Transformers Legacy Evolution Voyager Hasbro 2023 New"
METALHAWK Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE FALLEN Transformers Revenge Fallen ROTF Voyager complete Target 2009 240109S"
NEW!
THE FALLEN Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CYCLONUS + NIGHTSTICK Transformers Legacy Generations Selects Voyager 2022 New"
CYCLONUS + NIGHTST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ARMADA STARSCREAM Transformers Legacy Voyager Class Hasbro 2022 New **IN-STOCK**"
ARMADA STARSCREAM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CLOUDCOVER Transformers Legacy Evolution Voyager G2 Universe Hasbro 2023 New"
CLOUDCOVER Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DESERT TRACKER RATCHET Transformers Revenge Fallen ROTF Voyager complete 2009"
NEW!
DESERT TRACKER RAT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "LONG HAUL Transformers Revenge Fallen ROTF Voyager complete Hasbro 2009 240109U"
NEW!
LONG HAUL Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "JHIAXUS Transformers Legacy Voyager Class G2 Hasbro 2022 New **IN-STOCK NOW**"
JHIAXUS Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SOLAR STORM GRAPPEL Transformers Reveal Shield Voyager complete 2011 230920A"
SOLAR STORM GRAPPE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BULKHEAD Transformers Legacy Voyager Class Prime Universe Hasbro 2022 New"
BULKHEAD Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ANTAGONY Transformers Legacy Generations Selects Voyager 2023 New"
ANTAGONY Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K35 TIGATRON Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Voyager Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K35 TIGATRON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "NEMESIS LEO PRIME Transformers Legacy Evolution Voyager Lio Convoy 2023 New"
NEMESIS LEO PRIME ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-S13 ULTRA MAGNUS Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Leader 2019 220825A"
WFC-S13 ULTRA MAGN ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Nemesis Prime (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Slug" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Outback" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Playskool Heroes Rescue Bots Optimus Prime Racing Trailer" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Power Plus Series Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Autobot Topspin and Freezeout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Titans Return Legends Class Seaspray" on AMAZON