This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Discussion Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Discussion Thread

Postby Evil Eye » Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:54 am

Motto: "Don't be a goddamn coward."
Weapon: Acid Spray Gun
Ultra Magnus looks really, really good. Not perfect, but still very good. The vehicle mode is awesome and it's an Ultra Magnus that does the "power armour" thing! Hallelujah!

And that Shockwave...homina homina. I want him so much.
Ha ha Transformers go brrrrr
Evil Eye
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 12
Alt Mode: F-4 Phantom II
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 6
Skill: 8

Postby no-one » Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:56 am

Cobotron wrote:When everyone gets their pudding, then we'll have our proof. >:oP
But you can't have your pudding until you eat your meat [-(

So after staring deeply into Magnus's eyes and getting lost, I came to the conclusion that the Siege greebling is very similar to that of Bandai's NXEDGE figures.

ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:...I'm not a board-certified...
We're all certifiable around here 8-}
no-one
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 131

Postby Carnivius_Prime » Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:04 am

Motto: "A cunning smile is more devastating than the fiercest weapon."
Weapon: Anti-Thermal Cannon
ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:1. Ultra Magnus doesn't look that much blockier than the Combiner Wars toy (and his G1 design has always been blocky, which you should know full well from your comics), why are you so surprised he can pose? Also, A. We've known how blocky he is for months, why are you only trashing on him for it now? and B. the truck bumper had to go somewhere. I'm pretty sure Optimus has a bumper butt too.

Nah, I'm not fond of the he CW toy but it has a lot more angles to break up the constant rectangles whereas this one seems to be all rectangles plus that truck mode is just solid brickiness and somehow looks messy at the same time, at least his traditonal alt-mode looked like it had more of an obvious purpose. And I did mention that a while ago but this first time I'm seeing the back view as i rarely come in this thread (it's usually when there's a news item). And why bring up the comics? The only time I'd want the toys to resemble anything from the Marvel Comics is Geoff Senior angry/evil Decepticon faces and possibly some colour schemes (always did prefer Galvatron in mostly grey/silver), for the most part they used the cartoon character models and I'm really no fan of that. :P

2. Regarding Shockwave, they needed somebody to be a Decepticon Leader-class toy. And whether you like the weapon harness or not (I think it's fine), it brings him up to Leader size, which is the important thing. Besides, they have at least 4 Voyager slots allocated to Decepticons already (Megatron, Starscream, Soundwave, and Thundercracker).

Yeah but the only one of those I was remotely interested in was Shockwave but his price puts him way above what I wanted to pay for a voyager sized Shocky cos it's about £32 for a voyager here and about £50 for a Leader. For that junky backpack. It's a cheat. Not a true Leader class figure at all. Just a voyager with a goofy accessory to up the price. Could have just put Soundwave in the Leader class and given you a few of his tape buddies in the package too. Might have made up for that lame alt-mode he has at least.
I have anxiety, depression and aspergers syndrome so my behaviour can be erratic. I don't mean offense to anyone. Just very picky about my Transformers collecting. You're all cool! :)

Likes: Bayverse, Marvel UK G1, Geoff Senior art, '86 movie (more for style/soundtrack rather than Star Wars plot)
Dislikes: Bumblebee movie (lousy rehashed dumb crud), TFA, G1 cartoon, IDW G1, BW/BM, MP. The entire concept of Autobot Megatron
Carnivius_Prime
City Commander
News Credits: 19

Postby galvatron00 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:14 am

Motto: "Peace through sandwiches."
Weapon: Shoulder-Mounted Mega-Blast Missile Cannons
BUTT FLAP!!!
galvatron00
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 15
Buy from galvatron00 on eBay
Alt Mode: Kings Hawaiian Food Truck
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Courage: 9
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10

Postby no-one » Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:18 am

Naw man, he's got that sweet bumper butt!

Even I have to shout!
no-one
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 131

Postby ZeroWolf » Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:36 am

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
What's more amusing to me is where the 5mm port ends up... You can have UM shooting a gun out his bum! Especially if you put a blast effect there...Do you think he's got time for that?
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
News Credits: 1350

Postby galvatron00 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:43 am

Motto: "Peace through sandwiches."
Weapon: Shoulder-Mounted Mega-Blast Missile Cannons
ZeroWolf wrote:What's more amusing to me is where the 5mm port ends up... Especially if you put a blast effect there...
galvatron00
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 15
Buy from galvatron00 on eBay
Alt Mode: Kings Hawaiian Food Truck
Strength: 4
Speed: 8

Postby Short Circuit » Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:25 am

Weapon: Dual-Sonic Disrupter Gun
Well shoot, now Elita Infin1te has 3 fembots, now we need a fourth! :lol:
Short Circuit
Fuzor
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Micro-Jet
Strength: 3
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Courage: 6
Firepower: 3
Skill: 5

Postby Nemesis Maximo » Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:06 pm

Motto: "Always Be’s-ing and do’s-ing, never cheesing or choosing!"
Weapon: Gatling Cannon
ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:
Nemesis Maximo wrote:I’m with Lucky on this; would the lack of battle damage on the thighs of the Power Armor really detract from the look the way including it on the core robot does?

I realize I'm not a board-certified expert like Sabrblade, so you may have skimmed over what I had sad about it. So here:
ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:It's not actually haphazard, there is a calculation to it. Siege may have more paint than we've been accustomed to for a while, but it's still rationed. So when apportioning Magnus' paint operations, they presumably decided it was more important to weather the armored mode since that's the part most people would care about. And since the thighs of the cab robot are the only part left exposed, they're what gets the weathering.

I didn’t skim it, I read the post. I don’t doubt that they did in fact ration the paint the way you say, I simply don’t like that it’s there.
Back at it again!
Marvel Legends Domino

SW's SilverHammer wrote:Eat my ass funpub.

Burn wrote:And this is for taking Nemesis Maximo seriously.
*high fives Silly in the face*

carytheone wrote:I can't be assed to do any better right now.
Nemesis Maximo
Gestalt
Alt Mode: Lounge Lizard
Strength: 8
Speed: 5
Endurance: 6
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 7

Postby ZeldaTheSwordsman » Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:36 pm

Motto: "Earthrise restock or riot"
Carnivius, by your logic RiD Optimus and all 3 Unicron Trilogy versions of Optimus are "Not a true Leader class figure at all. Just a voyager with a goofy accessory to up the price". Hell, by your logic any Leader-class figure where it's not all one figure - even Ultra Magnus and his armor - is that. :roll:

Speaking of Ultra Magnus, his vehicle mode is based off this (and, by dint of that, real car carriers at least when it comes to the trailer):
It was done because A. The RiD cab makes him look Cybertronian and B. A G1-based Ultra Magnus trailer in size with a Voyager cab would end up too big for the Leader-class price point. That would result in a Supreme-class toy.

Regarding Soundwave, they had to give him an altmode that looked both Cybertronian and like it could move under its own power while preserving his tape deck look. And he can totally still turn into a tape deck, looking at his legs, they just haven't advertised it.

Now me, I would have preferred them to make Megatron into a Leader-class toy and contrive a spaceship out of this:
But I guess they wanted to make the more important guy more accessible, and what they did with Shockwave doesn't look bad IMO.

Also, why are you not a fan of the cartoon? Because it had the good guys actually being heroic, had the big leader guys actually in charge, and didn't have Optimus commit idiotic suicide over accidentally killing video game NPCs?

Nemesis Maximo wrote:
ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:
Nemesis Maximo wrote:I’m with Lucky on this; would the lack of battle damage on the thighs of the Power Armor really detract from the look the way including it on the core robot does?

I realize I'm not a board-certified expert like Sabrblade, so you may have skimmed over what I had sad about it. So here:
ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:It's not actually haphazard, there is a calculation to it. Siege may have more paint than we've been accustomed to for a while, but it's still rationed. So when apportioning Magnus' paint operations, they presumably decided it was more important to weather the armored mode since that's the part most people would care about. And since the thighs of the cab robot are the only part left exposed, they're what gets the weathering.

I didn’t skim it, I read the post. I don’t doubt that they did in fact ration the paint the way you say, I simply don’t like that it’s there.

Well, think of how the armored mode would look with the rest of it weathered and the thighs clean :roll:
WANT:
* Cybertron Galvatron key, missiles
* Omega Lock
* Primus Cyber Key, coattail panel
* Powerlinx Comettor
* Cyb Jetfire R gun and missile
* RiD Galvy dragon head, beast arms
* DotM Ironhide windshield, R hood assy.
* ROTF Jetfire R JTFR panel

Di Bonaventura is not a credible or trustworthy source. And most fans do like the diversity push, thanks.

Trading MOSC MMPR fliphead Pink Ranger for ER Fasttrack or SIEGE Refraktor
ZeldaTheSwordsman
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby ZeroWolf » Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:17 pm

Sorry ZeldaTheSwordsman, I'm in the same boat with thoughts of the G1 toon :P but I agree with you that the prime blowing himself upon the G1 comics was a silly thing as well :lol:
ZeroWolf
News Admin

Postby ZeldaTheSwordsman » Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:51 pm

Well, and for me that's one of the stupid things that taints the whole damn comic universe. The next issue should have opened with a letter from the editor saying "Last comic didn't actually happen, sorry for wasting your time" instead of actually picking up from that point. At least "B.O.T." can be safely snipped from the cartoon timeline without impact. Not so much for the comics and "Afterdeath".
WANT:
* Omega Lock
* Powerlinx Comettor

Di Bonaventura is not a credible or trustworthy source. And most fans do like the diversity push, thanks.

ZeldaTheSwordsman
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby william-james88 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:44 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
Does Siege Megatron's head not lock?
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4499
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby Windsweeper » Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:11 pm

Given that the truck mode is based on the RID 2000 series, I'd have liked if the smaller robot's head was based on the RID head sculpt.

It could give us another separate character to the CW Magnus with Minimus and another individual to wear the armour like in the IDW comics.

I wouldn't mind a retool as Motormaster.
Windsweeper
Godmaster

Postby Nemesis Maximo » Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:22 pm

Motto: "Always Be’s-ing and do’s-ing, never cheesing or choosing!"
Weapon: Gatling Cannon
ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:Well, think of how the armored mode would look with the rest of it weathered and the thighs clean :roll:

This right here is exactly what we’re saying. Would the Armored mode really look that bad without the thighs painted up in battle damage? I submit that it would not.
Back at it again!
Marvel Legends Domino

SW's SilverHammer wrote:Eat my ass funpub.

Burn wrote:And this is for taking Nemesis Maximo seriously.
*high fives Silly in the face*

carytheone wrote:I can't be assed to do any better right now.
Nemesis Maximo
Gestalt
Alt Mode: Lounge Lizard
Speed: 5
Endurance: 6
Firepower: 10+

Postby ZeroWolf » Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:35 pm

I think ZeldaTheSwordsman was being sarcastic...
ZeroWolf
News Admin

Postby ZeldaTheSwordsman » Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:46 pm

You assumed wrong then ZeroWolf

Nemesis Maximo wrote:
ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:Well, think of how the armored mode would look with the rest of it weathered and the thighs clean :roll:

This right here is exactly what we’re saying. Would the Armored mode really look that bad without the thighs painted up in battle damage? I submit that it would not.

I submit that it would. With the rest of the armor weathered, the spotless thighs would stick out like a sore thumb. Yes, it does make the cab robot look inconsistent because there's no weathering on the rest of it. But there's only room in the budget for so much paint and if you were doing Ultra Magnus and had to choose which robot mode to weather, which would you pick? And Sabrblade has a point about parts left exposed getting dirtier than covered-up parts.
WANT:
* Omega Lock
* Powerlinx Comettor

ZeldaTheSwordsman
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby DMSL » Mon Dec 17, 2018 4:26 pm

Weapon: Electro-Laser Cannon
Ultra Magnus looks great in botmode, but truck mode not so much. I think i will stick to my Takara Legends/Combiner Wars Magnus.

Shockwave....looks fantastic, i want him now.

:BOWDOWN:
DMSL
Transmetal Warrior
Watch DMSL on YouTube
Speed: 6
Firepower: 7

Postby mordhelm » Mon Dec 17, 2018 4:36 pm

Weapon: Electro-Sword
william-james88 wrote:Does Siege Megatron's head not lock?

As far as most who have him can tell, the headplate he mounts to does not lock. Just is a friction thing. I could not find anything to lock it on mine.
mordhelm
Vehicon
News Credits: 13
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 10
Firepower: 8

Postby william-james88 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:30 pm

mordhelm wrote:
william-james88 wrote:Does Siege Megatron's head not lock?

As far as most who have him can tell, the headplate he mounts to does not lock. Just is a friction thing. I could not find anything to lock it on mine.

Thanks, thats too bad.

Anyways, gt all of Wave 1 today (voyagers and deluxes) and I will be exploring them more in the days to come. But so far, that Optimus...

If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,

william-james88
News Staff

Postby ZeroWolf » Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:12 am

I look forward to seeing your thoughts and pictures Will.
ZeroWolf
News Admin

Postby ThunderThruster » Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:24 am

Weapon: Twin Shoulder-Mounted Rocket Launchers
Windsweeper wrote:Given that the truck mode is based on the RID 2000 series, I'd have liked if the smaller robot's head was based on the RID head sculpt.

It could give us another separate character to the CW Magnus with Minimus and another individual to wear the armour like in the IDW comics.

This is actually a good idea that I wouldn't have minded happening. The only question I have is the colour scheme, as RiD Magnus has a blue helmet and white face which might look a it odd on the (mostly) all white bot mode.
Tekka wrote:What she doesn't realize is that Springer actually loves Rodimus.
ThunderThruster
Gestalt

Postby william-james88 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:17 am

Some more questions, now that i have the figures:

Where do you guys place that extra wheel for Hound in robot mode
For Cog, is his battle damage paint just some silver specks in random spots?

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Cobotron » Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:26 am

Motto: "Free your mind, and your ass will follow!"
Weapon: Sword
william-james88 wrote:Some more questions, now that i have the figures:

Where do you guys place that extra wheel for Hound in robot mode
For Cog, is his battle damage paint just some silver specks in random spots?

1. As a part of his gun.
2. Yeah, pretty much.
Enter the COLLECT-O-TRON
Burn wrote:
Agamemnon wrote:Let's get back to talking about Burn's mammoth snout flopping... :-s

Well I am Australian. It's kinda what we're known for.
Cobotron
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 41
Alt Mode: A Sleeping Bear

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:26 am

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Windsweeper wrote:Given that the truck mode is based on the RID 2000 series, I'd have liked if the smaller robot's head was based on the RID head sculpt.

But then it wouldn't look like G1 Ultra Magnus's inner robot mode head, looking instead like the wrong character from who this toy's meant to be.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 437
Intelligence: 10
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KING SPAWN #24 Cvr A Image Comics 2023 MAY230245 24A (CA) Williams (W) Lewis"
KING SPAWN #24 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KING SPAWN #18 Cvr B Image Comics 2022 NOV220243 18B (CA) Randal (W) Lewis"
KING SPAWN #18 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GUNSLINGER SPAWN #24 Cvr C virgin Image Comics 2023 0723IM326 24C (CA) Ngu"
GUNSLINGER SPAWN # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GUNSLINGER SPAWN #17 Cvr A Image Comics 2023 DEC220238 17A (CA) Bianchi"
GUNSLINGER SPAWN # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SPAWN #339 Cvr B Image Comics 2023 DEC220301 339B (W) McConville (CA) Keane"
SPAWN #339 Cvr B I ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Joker MAN WHO STOPPED LAUGHING #3 Cvr F Spawn DC Comics 2022 AUG229545 3F Daniel"
Joker MAN WHO STOP ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VAMPIRELLA SHADOWHAWK Creatures of the Night #1 Harris Image Comics TPB 220315A"
VAMPIRELLA SHADOWH ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SPAWN #351 Cvr C Image Comics 2024 1223IM842 351C (A/CA) Booth (W) McConville"
NEW!
SPAWN #351 Cvr C I ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN SPAWN #1 Cvr A DC Image Comics 2022 OCT223268 1A (CA) Capullo"
BATMAN SPAWN #1 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SPAWN #325 Cvr B Image Comics 2022 OCT210177 325B (W) McFarlane (A/CA) Barberi"
SPAWN #325 Cvr B I ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SPAWN #345 Cvr B Image Comics 2023 JUN230358 345B (W) McConville (CA) Barends"
SPAWN #345 Cvr B I ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCORCHED #1 Cvr H 1:50 Image Comics 2022 OCT210017 1H Spawn (CA) Capullo"
SCORCHED #1 Cvr H ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCORCHED #20 Cvr B Image Comics 2023 MAY230275 20B (CA) Randal (W) Lewis"
SCORCHED #20 Cvr B ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SAVAGE DRAGON #269 Cvr D TWD retro Image Comics 2024 0823IM435 269D (CA) Larsen"
NEW!
SAVAGE DRAGON #269 ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Toys Megatron Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Fusion Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 11.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Twin Twist and Flameout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Unicronus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Terrorcon Blot" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Quintus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Autobot Twinferno and Daburu" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Legion Autobot Twinferno" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight -- Knight Armor Turbo Changer Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Grimlock Figure" on AMAZON