This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Discussion Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Discussion Thread

Postby Ironhidensh » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:31 pm

Motto: "Tell those damned kids to stay off my lawn!!!"
Weapon: Big Cannon
Rodimus Prime wrote:
Ironhidensh wrote:Oh my god...

Magnus is even smaller than I thought. :SICK:

If you don't want him I'll gladly take him off your hands. :-D

So it's safe to say that both Magnus and Shockwave are glorified voyagers?

I only got him because one of my local Wal-Mart's screwed up and listed all Seige toys (deluxe, minions, voyages, and leader) at the voyages price, and Shockwave was already gone. I just couldn't let that opportunity pass.

Yeas, they are glorified voyages. If you like it, go for it, but I can't recommend paying the full retail.

ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:Such is the pain of the Leader-class' mass limit these days. If it was at its Unicron Trilogy through HFTD (and possibly DOTM but not sure) limit then it might be possible for their respective super modes to be substantially bigger compared to the Voyager inner robot, but nowadays that would require them to be Supreme-class.

Bah. That's a corporate excuses.
Card carrying grumpy old man.

Leonardo wrote:Take your lips off my pipe!
Ironhidensh
Faction Commander
News Credits: 25
Buy from Ironhidensh on eBay
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 4
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 9

Postby Hellscream9999 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:35 pm

Motto: "Never forgive, never forget."
Weapon: Black Magic
Rodimus Prime wrote:So it's safe to say that both Magnus and Shockwave are glorified voyagers?

I don't think so, certainly not magnus, and shockwave, would depend on how salty you are about him; Magnus has great chunk, and heft to him, and feels like he would be a size class in between ultra and leader, but again, depends on how salty you are about the new leader class; As for shockwave, I think everyone has said their bit, I think he might be more worth $45 but he has a lot of great accessories, and they really make him more fun, but that's me, he is the size of a voyager if that's the only metric you go by, but we knew this from the moment hasbro confirmed that they were going to scale everyone together in this line, so I think it's time people started getting over the leader class figures' size, or started enjoying it, because they are great figures and they are a great deal of fun, and their scaling likely isn't going to change for another 2 years after this...
I am not a G1 fan, please treat my opinions as such.

william-james88 wrote:If ever Sabrblade decides to go on vacation, I am glad to know we can rely on you.
Hellscream9999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 174
Alt Mode: Skeletal Dragon
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: ???
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Postby ZeldaTheSwordsman » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:56 pm

Motto: "Earthrise restock or riot"
Ironhidensh wrote:
ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:Such is the pain of the Leader-class' mass limit these days. If it was at its Unicron Trilogy through HFTD (and possibly DOTM but not sure) limit then it might be possible for their respective super modes to be substantially bigger compared to the Voyager inner robot, but nowadays that would require them to be Supreme-class.

Bah. That's a corporate excuses.

Partly. But it's also just the way the size class system works. As far as the Hasbro toylines go Transformers has been grouped into rigid, uniform size classes since the days of Beast Wars. And the plastic-per-item limit is the overarching rule by which each size class is defined. Not the height, not how much space it takes up, but how many milligrams of plastic go into it.
WANT:
* Cybertron Galvatron key, missiles
* Omega Lock
* Primus Cyber Key, coattail panel
* Powerlinx Comettor
* Cyb Jetfire R gun and missile
* RiD Galvy dragon head, beast arms
* DotM Ironhide windshield, R hood assy.
* ROTF Jetfire R JTFR panel

Di Bonaventura is not a credible or trustworthy source. And most fans do like the diversity push, thanks.

Trading MOSC MMPR fliphead Pink Ranger for ER Fasttrack or SIEGE Refraktor
ZeldaTheSwordsman
Guardian Of Seibertron

Transformers: SIEGE Deluxe Autobot Chromia Video Review!

Postby Wolfman Jake » Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:21 am

Motto: ""A mountain with a wolf on it stands a little taller."
-Edward Hoagland"
Weapon: Retractable Mecha-Fangs
It seems like the Transformer: SIEGE line has just barely gotten the entirety of Wave 1 into brick and mortar stores in the United States, and already, we have some exciting stuff to show you for Wave 2, fellow Seibertronians! YouTuber TonTon has just published a video on his channel of the upcoming Transformers: SIEGE Wave 2 Deluxe Chromia! As usual, TonTon gives us a good look at the conversion of Chromia from Cybertronian car to robot and back again, showing off the fine detailing sculpted into this figure. Chromia may share some engineering inspiration with her forbearers in the Power of the Primes line, Moonracer and Novastar, and the upcoming Greenlight (and maybe Lancer too?), but there are some key differences with her transformation that set her apart form her teammates. As such, we know for absolute certain that Chromia has no Combiner Wars or Power of the Primes combiner compatibility. TonTon also gives us some size comparisons with other figures from various lines in both robot mode and vehicle mode to give you a good sense of scale. The video is narrated in English by a computer generated voice. Check it out below.

What do you think of this latest figure of Chromia? Will she be worth adding to your collections, or are you content with some previous releases of this character? Tell us what you think in the comments below, and keep tuned to Seibertron.com for the latest news on all things Transformers!
Wolfman Jake - Spendin' the day howlin' away.
Wolfman Jake
Faction Commander
News Credits: 65
Alt Mode: Wolf
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 9
Firepower: 2
Skill: 8

Re: Transformers: SIEGE Deluxe Autobot Chromia Video Review!

Postby starrhero » Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:40 am

Wolfman Jake wrote:It seems like the Transformer: SIEGE line has just barely gotten the entirety of Wave 1 into brick and mortar stores in the United States, and already, we have some exciting stuff to show you for Wave 2, fellow Seibertronians! YouTuber TonTon has just published a video on his channel of the upcoming Transformers: SIEGE Wave 2 Deluxe Chromia! As usual, TonTon gives us a good look at the conversion of Chromia from Cybertronian car to robot and back again, giving us a good look at the detailing sculpted into this figure. Chromia may share some engineering inspiration with her forbearers in the Power of the Primes line, Moonracer and Novastar, and the upcoming Greenlight (and maybe Lancer too?), but there are some key differences with her transformation that set her apart form her teammates. As such, we know for absolute certain that Chromia has no Combiner Wars or Power of the Primes combiner compatibility. TonTon also gives us some size comparisons with other figures from various lines in both robot mode and vehicle mode to give you a good sense of scale. The video is narrated in English by a computer generated voice. Check it out below.

What do you think of this latest figure of Chromia? Will she be worth adding to your collections, or are you content with some previous releases of this character? Tell us what you think in the comments below, and keep tuned to Seibertron.com for the latest news on all things Transformers!

Man, I was honestly worried about Chromia. She didn't exactly look great in renders or in her product shots, but she sure looks great. Redesigned backpack and shin kibble. Yeah, to some this will still be inferior to T30 Chromia, but this is a pretty good alternative.

And despite her lack of a combiner peg, a real complaint with many, she still ends up being interesting. Her weapon is awesome. Seperating for a vehicle turret and back exaust, then combining for her robot mode to be a much better firearm.

But... does this mean Wave 2 is already out in the wild in sparce quantities? I doubt it but... who knows? :???:
starrhero
Minibot
News Credits: 1
Watch starrhero on YouTube

Postby Nemesis Destron » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:53 am

Motto: ""So you see evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb!""
Weapon: Dual-Sonic Disrupter Gun
I was wondering how this OP mold might be used again. :-? With any type of retooling the possibilities are definitely out there...how bout another Shattered Glass OP? :-P :VEHI:
Nemesis Destron
Gestalt
News Credits: 2

Postby starfish » Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:07 am

So they get rid of the combiner kibble but they still found a way for her to have a giant backpack!? All that retooling and she still has visible fists hanging from the back of her vehicle mode!? This was the perfect opportunity to fix some of the biggest complaints about that mould and yet they still struggle. I like that the feet look more like feet (because they’re no longer part of the windshield) and the new gun looks fab, but overall I’m a bit disappointed.
starfish
Combiner

Postby X3ROhour » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:12 am

Motto: ""I WILL CUDDLE YOUR SOUL!!""
Weapon: Three-Bladed Knife
carytheone wrote:
Emerje wrote:
RodimusConvoy13 wrote:He's got headlights on top and on the front of his cab, so what are those circular bits on the lower corner of the cab? They kinda look like gatling guns.
I hadn't noticed these weren't lights until I had him in hand. They definitely look like guns to me.

Emerje
Well there is only one logical conclusion then!

The way his legs are articulated makes him almost infinitely posable. This is the figure (line) that just keeps on giving.

'MERICA
um...
CYBERTRON
F#$% YA!!
Latest FIGS (01/25-03/24) MMC SPRINGER! Earthspark NIGHTSHADE! Legacy Evo STRONGARM, SHADOW STRIKER, BOMBSHELL & DETRITUS!!
X3ROhour
City Commander
Buy from X3ROhour on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal WereBat to Starfighter Triplechanger
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 1
Endurance: 5
Courage: 10+

Postby X3ROhour » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:15 am

Motto: ""I WILL CUDDLE YOUR SOUL!!""
Weapon: Three-Bladed Knife
hmmm...
SKYTREAD
the gun mount in tank mode is too tight and aims down.
or did i do something wrong?
Latest FIGS (01/25-03/24) MMC SPRINGER! Earthspark NIGHTSHADE! Legacy Evo STRONGARM, SHADOW STRIKER, BOMBSHELL & DETRITUS!!
X3ROhour
City Commander
Buy from X3ROhour on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal WereBat to Starfighter Triplechanger
Endurance: 5

Postby Rodimus Prime » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:37 am

Motto: "Individual freedom above all else."
I finally opened both Prime and Megatron, and I have to agree with you guys on Prime being very posable. I was surprised how stable and solid he is. I wonder if the Magnus cab and Shockwave are the same way. I like Megatron as well, even if he's thicker and less posable. If his helmet was black, as in the comics, he would be near perfect in robot mode. I think the sword is too big for him, I'm considering giving it to another Megatron in my collection. Overall, I'm glad I got these, considering that my initial reaction was to pass on both due to the less than impressive vehicle modes.
........Image
Rodimus Prime
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 22

Postby Hellscream9999 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:31 am

Motto: "Never forgive, never forget."
Weapon: Black Magic
It'd be sweet if magnus and the upcoming leader prime could wear each others armor (save cybertron prime wearing magnus' chest/head armor, that'd be weird), it's something I'm really hoping for :PRAY:
I am not a G1 fan, please treat my opinions as such.

william-james88 wrote:If ever Sabrblade decides to go on vacation, I am glad to know we can rely on you.
Hellscream9999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 174
Alt Mode: Skeletal Dragon
Strength: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Courage: ???
Firepower: Infinity

Postby AllNewSuperRobot » Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:07 am

Motto: "Guilty or Innocent?
Always Guilty..."
Weapon: Particle Beam Cannon
Nemesis Maximo wrote:How is Siege the perfect platform to do Trainbots? Jon Warden is hard pressed to do a reference to anything that isn’t super Geewun; we’re all super excited at the mere possibility that a future Leader Class Optimus Prime will be styled after Galaxy Convoy, and that’s a definite maybe. But you expect the TF Design Team to do Trainbots?

Reintroduce figures that never had one, with a Cybertronian altmode. Plus, just from the Bots mentioned there is one Triple Changer and Five Gestalts. The latter would really interest the Design Team, given none of the Gestalts have had modernisation since a minor retool in 2003 with Rail Racer, 2001 with JRX and 1987 with Raiden.

What can't they do with these figures? Certainly a bit more interesting than another naff car or truck.
AllNewSuperRobot
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 6
Alt Mode: Special Beam Cannon
Intelligence: 8
Speed: N/A
Endurance: 10+
Firepower: ???
Skill: 9

Postby YoungPrime » Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:57 am

Definitely buying her. Just not sure if I'll repurpose this one or the T30 Chromia as Velocity. Not a fan of the Fembot combiner mode so this chromia wont be missing anything in my collection.
YoungPrime
Headmaster Jr

Postby Brokebot » Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:58 am

Motto: "I've waited 30 years for a Dinobot combiner, and this is what I get?"
Weapon: Sword of Fury
AllNewSuperRobot wrote:
Nemesis Maximo wrote:How is Siege the perfect platform to do Trainbots? Jon Warden is hard pressed to do a reference to anything that isn’t super Geewun; we’re all super excited at the mere possibility that a future Leader Class Optimus Prime will be styled after Galaxy Convoy, and that’s a definite maybe. But you expect the TF Design Team to do Trainbots?

Reintroduce figures that never had one, with a Cybertronian altmode. Plus, just from the Bots mentioned there is one Triple Changer and Five Gestalts. The latter would really interest the Design Team, given none of the Gestalts have had modernisation since a minor retool in 2003 with Rail Racer, 2001 with JRX and 1987 with Raiden.

What can't they do with these figures? Certainly a bit more interesting than another naff car or truck.

Trains would be pretty cool. They never really translated to the American market since rail transportation just isn't a big thing here like it is elsewhere, but Astrotrain was never limited to riding the rails even in train mode, so I think a train-based team would be interesting.

Stripping Chromia of a combiner mode has unfortunately dropped her into the "What's the point?" category, for me anyway. She looks like a limb-bot but isn't? Why? There's already 2 or 3 Torso-bots out there without enough team members to fill out a complete gestalt, so why would you remove the peg from a limb and drop it on the market in a line that has no combiners in it? Re-tool her from something else or add a possible weapon alt-mode for Orthia to carry like Powerglide has in Combiner Wars. This just feels like a waste of a character and an opportunity.
Brokebot
Vehicon
News Credits: 1
Alt Mode: Something else
Strength: 6
Intelligence: N/A
Endurance: 1
Firepower: 10

Postby DeathReviews » Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:25 am

Motto: "No matter where you go, always remember, I'm right behind you!

https://www.youtube.com/c/DeathReviews"
A Chromia that uses the Moonracer mold, but has NO combiner limb capability? That's like being served a pizza without any cheese or toppings. Pass.
"No matter where you go or what you do, always remember, I'm right behind you!" - Death

Click - Like - Subscribe - Awesome!
DeathReviews
Brainmaster
News Credits: 30
Watch DeathReviews on YouTube
Strength: ???
Speed: ???
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: ???

Postby DeathReviews » Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:28 am

Motto: "No matter where you go, always remember, I'm right behind you!

https://www.youtube.com/c/DeathReviews"
Z3ROhour wrote:hmmm...
SKYTREAD

Take any of the Pretender Prime Master figures (that become guns) and plug it into the hole for the central tank cannon. Not only will they fit perfectly, but the rotating peg on the pretender armor means you can tilt the cannon up and down! Pure win...
"No matter where you go or what you do, always remember, I'm right behind you!" - Death

Click - Like - Subscribe - Awesome!
DeathReviews
Brainmaster
News Credits: 30
Watch DeathReviews on YouTube
Strength: ???
Speed: ???
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: ???

Postby Randomhero » Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:54 am

DeathReviews wrote:A Chromia that uses the Moonracer mold, but has NO combiner limb capability? That's like being served a pizza without any cheese or toppings. Pass.

It doesn’t. It’s a new mold that uses the same transformation.

Transformers fan who don’t look at figures closely or check out the information on the figures and just look at pictures and make assumptions without all the info.

That’s like being served a pizza without any cheese or toppings
Randomhero
Gestalt
News Credits: 3

Postby ZeldaTheSwordsman » Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:22 pm

It's not a fully new mold from what people have determined; it's got a tiny handful of recycled parts similar to PotP Jazz recycling a few of Drag Strip's parts.

Regardless, the backpack isn't due to the combiner limb nature of the Moonracer mold's engineering. The backpack is due to the fact that Floron the Moron Dery gave the Female Autobots curvy robot modes and angular vehicle modes and the designers are trying to accommodate both.
WANT:
* Omega Lock
* Powerlinx Comettor

Di Bonaventura is not a credible or trustworthy source. And most fans do like the diversity push, thanks.

ZeldaTheSwordsman
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Evil Eye » Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:03 pm

Motto: "Don't be a goddamn coward."
Weapon: Acid Spray Gun
ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:It's not a fully new mold from what people have determined; it's got a tiny handful of recycled parts similar to PotP Jazz recycling a few of Drag Strip's parts.

Regardless, the backpack isn't due to the combiner limb nature of the Moonracer mold's engineering. The backpack is due to the fact that Floron the Moron Dery gave the Female Autobots curvy robot modes and angular vehicle modes and the designers are trying to accommodate both.

In fairness to Floro, given that Chromia wasn't based on an existing toy and was never intended to have one, I imagine he was told to basically make something up (with a rough outline from the higher ups) with Chromia being the result. After all, nobody expected that over 30 years onwards people would be expecting fully articulated transforming figures of characters that only appeared in a few episodes.

Personally I'd rather have a slightly curvier/sleeker alt mode and preferably an original transformation rather than being a recycle of Moonracer's engineering, as quite frankly G1 toon Chromia's alt mode was not exactly iconic, whilst her robot mode was actually pretty cool. That said, Chromia looks better than I expected, but I kinda wish we'd gotten somebody else as the "starter" fembot- if they had to do a Moonracer retool/reshell/engineering recylce/whatever it is, Arcee might have made more sense as she at least has a backpack in her character model (also the only other Generations toys of her are the T30/Legends mold, which is hard to find now, and the exclusive TR figure which is an exclusive and...doesn't look very good...).
Ha ha Transformers go brrrrr
Evil Eye
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 12
Alt Mode: F-4 Phantom II
Strength: 7
Endurance: 8
Firepower: 6

Postby william-james88 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:04 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
Z3ROhour wrote:hmmm...
SKYTREAD

Its a problem everyone had, you have to cut off two small parts for it to work well. It is explained vhere:
http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/threads/w ... t-16296545
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4498
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby Nemesis Maximo » Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:13 pm

Motto: "Always Be’s-ing and do’s-ing, never cheesing or choosing!"
Weapon: Gatling Cannon
AllNewSuperRobot wrote:

I’m not saying it wouldn’t be cool, I’m saying that the current TF design team, led by ‘Geewun Jon’ Warden is about as likely to start making new toys of obscure (even by obscure standards) characters as Santa Claus is to start delivering presents in August.
Back at it again!
Marvel Legends Domino

SW's SilverHammer wrote:Eat my ass funpub.

Burn wrote:And this is for taking Nemesis Maximo seriously.
*high fives Silly in the face*

carytheone wrote:I can't be assed to do any better right now.
Nemesis Maximo
Gestalt
Alt Mode: Lounge Lizard
Speed: 5
Endurance: 6
Skill: 7

Postby steals_your_goats » Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:25 pm

Weapon: Twin Swords
Nemesis Maximo wrote:
AllNewSuperRobot wrote:

I’m not saying it wouldn’t be cool, I’m saying that the current TF design team, led by ‘Geewun Jon’ Warden is about as likely to start making new toys of obscure (even by obscure standards) characters as Santa Claus is to start delivering presents in August.

Are you forgetting all the obscure characters we've gotten in the past few years? Skylynx, Sky Shadow, two different Metalhawks, all the fem bots, punch/Counterpunch, both duocons and on and on. There's no real reason to think that train bots are any more obscure than anything we've gotten recently. Hell we even got (a version of) Liokaiser. Nothing is off the table.
Delta Magnus wrote:This is because you are a hamhanded idiot.
steals_your_goats
Godmaster
News Credits: 13
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Dimetrodon
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 6
Endurance: 9
Firepower: 4
Skill: 7

Postby ZeldaTheSwordsman » Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:44 pm

Well, I don't know that you can call Astrotrain or Team Bullet Train "obscure" :P Although honestly, I think Team Bullet Train would be best served by a reissue - they're modern-design toys already and their molds are still viable. The RiD characters that most need remaking are in fact cars - the Autobot Brothers' molds have been confirmed as too degraded, and Prowl and X-Brawn's designs had some ill-advised use of clear plastic (especially Prowl).

I would like to see modernized versions of the Trainbots even if it seems unlikely with Warden's biases, since as Diaclone-originating bricks they need it the most. Even if they were going to be made, I doubt it would be during SIEGE simply because there's no room left in the line for them :P

There might possibly be room for Astrotrain, but then again maybe not. I wouldn't mind getting a new toy of him at some point in the WFC trilogy - if and only if it was Earth-modes. For one thing, we already got a Cybertronian mode Astrotrain during Titans Return. For another, steam locomotives are super awesome.

steals_your_goats wrote:Are you forgetting all the obscure characters we've gotten in the past few years? Skylynx, Sky Shadow, two different Metalhawks, all the fem bots, punch/Counterpunch, both duocons and on and on. There's no real reason to think that train bots are any more obscure than anything we've gotten recently. Hell we even got (a version of) Liokaiser. Nothing is off the table.

....Are you entirely clear on the meaning of the word "obscure"?
Sky Lynx and Punch/Counterpunch aren't obscure. Sky Lynx featured heavily in Season 3 of the G1 cartoon and was featured in the Marvel, Dreamwave, and IDW comics as well. Punch/Counterpunch was prominent in The Rebirth. Black Shadow was brought into western fans' awareness more prominently by the IDW comics. Metalhawk was similarly lifted by both Wings of Honor and the IDW comics.
The Duocons are a bit more obscure, but were still known to western fans from the Marvel comics, the IDW comics, and their original toy commercial.

Raiden on the other hand has never shown up in a western continuity, although he's at least well known to Japanophile G1 fans.
WANT:
* Omega Lock
* Powerlinx Comettor

ZeldaTheSwordsman
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby starfish » Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:56 pm

ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:Well, I don't know that you can call Astrotrain or Team Bullet Train "obscure" :P Although honestly, I think Team Bullet Train would be best served by a reissue - they're modern-design toys already and their molds are still viable. The RiD characters that most need remaking are in fact cars - the Autobot Brothers' molds have been confirmed as too degraded, and Prowl and X-Brawn's designs had some ill-advised use of clear plastic (especially Prowl).

I would like to see modernized versions of the Trainbots even if it seems unlikely with Warden's biases, since as Diaclone-originating bricks they need it the most. Even if they were going to be made, I doubt it would be during SIEGE simply because there's no room left in the line for them :P

There might possibly be room for Astrotrain, but then again maybe not. I wouldn't mind getting a new toy of him at some point in the WFC trilogy - if and only if it was Earth-modes. For one thing, we already got a Cybertronian mode Astrotrain during Titans Return. For another, steam locomotives are super awesome.

steals_your_goats wrote:Are you forgetting all the obscure characters we've gotten in the past few years? Skylynx, Sky Shadow, two different Metalhawks, all the fem bots, punch/Counterpunch, both duocons and on and on. There's no real reason to think that train bots are any more obscure than anything we've gotten recently. Hell we even got (a version of) Liokaiser. Nothing is off the table.

....Are you entirely clear on the meaning of the word "obscure"?
Sky Lynx and Punch/Counterpunch aren't obscure. Sky Lynx featured heavily in Season 3 of the G1 cartoon and was featured in the Marvel, Dreamwave, and IDW comics as well. Punch/Counterpunch was prominent in The Rebirth. Black Shadow was brought into western fans' awareness more prominently by the IDW comics. Metalhawk was similarly lifted by both Wings of Honor and the IDW comics.
The Duocons are a bit more obscure, but were still known to western fans from the Marvel comics, the IDW comics, and their original toy commercial.

Raiden on the other hand has never shown up in a western continuity, although he's at least well known to Japanophile G1 fans.

One man’s obscure Transformer is another man’s favourite. We don’t all consume the Transformers franchise in the same way (thankfully). Some of us are more into the Japanese G1 shows (where Raiden featured prominently) than they are into the UK comics (which is the only place the Duocons got any sort of characterisation). Many fans (going by the readership numbers) don’t read the IDW comics. There are undoubtedly Transformers out there which are more familiar to me than they are to you, and vice versa. Personally, I would say that Raiden is less obscure than, say, the Micromaster Autobot Battle Patrol, but then that’s only my opinion. Hell, if nobodies like Fearswoop, Crosscut and Acidstorm can get homages at retail, then all bets are off.

Regardless, it’s dangerous to lecture people on which bots ‘ought’ to be more or less well known, because we’re not all the same. No-one here is the gatekeeper or arbiter of what we should or shouldn’t know as fans. If someone wants to argue that Metalhawk is less well known than Raiden, let’s hear them out and consider their perspective, rather than hit them with a diatribe.

Because that’s why I read these forums, to listen to and consider the views of fellow fans.

Peace and love.
starfish
Combiner

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:37 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
I have found another figure that goes really well with Cog:

I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Strength: 5
Endurance: 7
Firepower: 8

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers MOVIE PREQUEL #1 FCBD IDW Comics 2007 (CA) Figueroa 200530A"
Transformers MOVIE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #4 Cvr C 1:10 Image Comics 2024 Skybound 1123IM344 4C (CA) Arocena"
TRANSFORMERS #4 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers ROBOTS IN DISGUISE #4 IDW Comics 2015 201208A (CA) Tramontano"
Transformers ROBOT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers PRIME DIRECTIVE #1 Vol 1 Decepticons Dreamwave Comics 2002 (CA) Lee"
Transformers PRIME ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers KING GRIMLOCK #4 Cvr A IDW Comics 2021 SEP210484 4A (CA) Wilkins"
Transformers KING ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Infestation 2 TRANSFORMERS #1 Cvr B IDW Comics 2012 1B (CA) Ramondelli 230124"
Infestation 2 TRAN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #29 Marvel Comics 1987 (W/CA) Budiansky 210422A"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #1 Cvr E 1:10 Connecting Image Comics 2023 0823IM290 1E (CA)Arocena"
TRANSFORMERS #1 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #2 Cvr A Image Comics 2023 0923IM456 2A (CA) Johnson"
TRANSFORMERS #2 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #6 Cvr A IDW Comics 2021 MAY210468 6A (A/CA) Burcham"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #42 Marvel Comics 1988 (W) Budiansky (A/CA) Delbo 210422A"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS ESCAPE #3 Cvr B IDW Comics 2021 DEC200471 3B (CA) Malkova"
TRANSFORMERS ESCAP ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers ROBOTS IN DISGUISE #1 2nd ptg IDW Comics 2012 (CA) Griffith"
Transformers ROBOT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers WAR'S END #1 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2022 DEC210548 1RI (CA) Su"
Transformers WAR'S ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Repugnus, Dastard, and Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Terrorcon Hun-Gurrr" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Nemesis Prime (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Sludge" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Elita-1" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Slug" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Mirage Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Series PK Bruticus Action Figure	B3899" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Optimus Prime Figure" on AMAZON