This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Discussion Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Discussion Thread

Postby Skritz » Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:51 am

AllNewSuperRobot wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
AllNewSuperRobot wrote:Has there ever been a flawless line?
Some would claim the G1 line, but ;) :P :lol:

:lol: Indeed. Although, I did actually think about it. Other than GPS, the Beast Wars Transmetal line doesn't feature any that come to mind as "bad figures".

The Transmetal 'era' of Beast Wars was the high point of the line, mainly because the new biomechanical look allowed for designs where 'kibble' was much less of an issue, thus allowing for something of a fusion between G1-style mechanical animals and the more smooth-yet-detailed design of Beast Wars.
Skritz
Gestalt

Postby AllNewSuperRobot » Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:55 am

Motto: "Guilty or Innocent?
Always Guilty..."
Weapon: Particle Beam Cannon
Skritz wrote:
AllNewSuperRobot wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Some would claim the G1 line, but ;) :P :lol:

:lol: Indeed. Although, I did actually think about it. Other than GPS, the Beast Wars Transmetal line doesn't feature any that come to mind as "bad figures".

The Transmetal 'era' of Beast Wars was the high point of the line, mainly because the new biomechanical look allowed for designs where 'kibble' was much less of an issue, thus allowing for something of a fusion between G1-style mechanical animals and the more smooth-yet-detailed design of Beast Wars.

Absolutely. Although there were some in the TM 2 line I didn't personally like EG Cheetor, Megatron so I tend to regard the TM 1 a bit higher. Although, as you say, collectively Transmetals were the pinnacle of Beast Wars figures.

Still wishing for a Purple redeco of TM Primal into Apeface, it's so obvious I don't know why it wasn't a thing :???:
AllNewSuperRobot
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 6
Alt Mode: Special Beam Cannon
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Speed: N/A
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10+
Firepower: ???
Skill: 9

Postby Rodimus Prime » Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:05 am

Motto: "Individual freedom above all else."
At the risk of further derailing the thread, no line is perfect, but I thought RiD/Car Robots came pretty close. So far, the SS line is doing great, with only a couple of missteps. Siege, on the other hand has been hit and miss, and we're only into wave 1.
........Image
Rodimus Prime
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 22

Postby AllNewSuperRobot » Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:07 am

Always Guilty..."
That said, SIEGE is a masssive step up from what I've seen of the Cyberverse line.

EDIT: Oh, and Car Robots Gigatron is one of my favourite figures ever.
AllNewSuperRobot
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby william-james88 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:16 am

Motto: "'till All Are One"

Not flawless, but there are a few really close ones. In the list i am currently writing i came up with Animated, Cybertron, Car Robots and BW transmetals. Abd while deeply flawed, i think my personal favourite line is Prime.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4499
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby Evil Eye » Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:17 am

Motto: "Don't be a goddamn coward."
Weapon: Acid Spray Gun
AllNewSuperRobot wrote:Now that I think about it, a lot of Unicron Trilogy characters could be repurposed as Weaponizers and Battle Masters. Tidal Wave and Jetfire, for example, were literal proto-Weaponizers to Megs and Prime respectively. I know A Jetfire is supposed to be released with this line so just release his UT counterpart as "Skyfire" and voila!

Absolutely. Also, I wouldn't mind a (non-Weaponizer) Deluxe class Demolishor from Siege- his original toy fits the aesthetic pretty well as is and I've wanted a decently poseable Demolishor for years now. They could even do his Mini-con as either a Micromaster or a Battlemaster.
Ha ha Transformers go brrrrr
Evil Eye
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 12
Alt Mode: F-4 Phantom II
Strength: 7
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 6
Skill: 8

Postby william-james88 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:51 am

We already know the entire content for Siege when it comes to wide releases for deluxe, voyager and leader:
https://www.seibertron.com/transformers ... res/42353/
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Rodimus Prime » Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:58 am

No Hot Rod or Grimlock? As much as I like them I'm kinda glad they're giving them a rest. They will probably show up later in the Trilogy.
........Image
Rodimus Prime
God Of Transformers

Postby AllNewSuperRobot » Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:02 pm

Always Guilty..."
Rodimus Prime wrote:No Hot Rod or Grimlock? As much as I like them I'm kinda glad they're giving them a rest. They will probably show up later in the Trilogy.

Springer before Grimlock or Skywarp is a surprise.
AllNewSuperRobot
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Nemesis Primal » Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:11 pm

Motto: "Anything worth doing is worth suffering for."
Weapon: Twin Swords
william-james88 wrote:We already know the entire content for Siege when it comes to wide releases for deluxe, voyager and leader:
https://www.seibertron.com/transformers ... res/42353/

I'm not saying we don't, I agree we know every retail figure for those size classes. I was saying that the code site and line numbers shows the number of unrevealed Masters and that there's 5 exclusives we have yet to see or hear about, 4 if we assume Lancer is coming and 3 if Hound's alternate head is used (forgot about that, thanks for the reminder everyone).

Unless you aren't talking to me, I can't really tell if this is directed at anyone specific, in which case ignore me. :-D

AllNewSuperRobot wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote:No Hot Rod or Grimlock? As much as I like them I'm kinda glad they're giving them a rest. They will probably show up later in the Trilogy.

And yet we know an exclusive "Voyager Skywarp Battle Pack" is also coming, so is it?

Sabrblade wrote:
AllNewSuperRobot wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Nemesis Primal wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:Does that include the new Sideswipe exclusive rumoured to be a G2 version that also comes with Slamdance? I think we know all main line releases so that just leaves exclusives...

That's what the Firestormers are, that listing was primarily called the Firestormer Pack in the product listings. We also know it includes at least one other figure that begins with the letters "Ai".
Aimless

:lol:
It't not a guess. The Chinese Kanji in that original listing were for Chinese names of Slandance, Sideswipe, and Aimless.

...not to say you're wrong, Sabrblade, as I don't claim to understand kanji, but that just doesn't make sense to me. Why would an exclusive set named after an Autobot subgroup containing otherwise all Autobts also randomly come with a Decepticon Battlemaster that seems like it's supposed to be the same as the retail one character-wise? They didn't even rename it to make it an Autobot character to fit in? That just doesn't sound right.
Nemesis Primal
Godmaster
News Credits: 48
Alt Mode: Purple monkey I guess
Strength: 6
Courage: 7
Firepower: 9
Skill: 7

Postby william-james88 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:11 pm

AllNewSuperRobot wrote:

Skywarp was never going to be part of the regular line. If/WHEN he comes out, it will be as an exclusive.

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:14 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Nemesis Primal wrote:...not to say you're wrong, Sabrblade, as I don't claim to understand kanji, but that just doesn't make sense to me. Why would an exclusive set named after an Autobot subgroup containing otherwise all Autobts also randomly come with a Decepticon Battlemaster that seems like it's supposed to be the same as the retail one character-wise? They didn't even rename it to make it an Autobot character to fit in? That just doesn't sound right.
Maybe Hasbro just slapped the name on one of the Targetmasters whose name they lost. ;)
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 436
Intelligence: 10
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7

Postby william-james88 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:17 pm

Nemesis Primal wrote:Unless you aren't talking to me, I can't really tell if this is directed at anyone specific, in which case ignore me. :-D

Haha, its ok. And no it was not directed at you. People were talking about upcoming waves and what was left and I just wanted to throw out that we knew everything that would be out at wide retail next year so that any speculation can be realigned the right way (meaning, anything else would be exclusives).

william-james88
News Staff

Postby AllNewSuperRobot » Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:32 pm

Always Guilty..."
Nemesis Primal wrote:
AllNewSuperRobot wrote:

And yet we know an exclusive "Voyager Skywarp Battle Pack" is also coming, so is it?

Only in the sense that A Movie character has received a position in the first line over one of the arguably more identifiable G1 mainstays. Akin to announcing Triggerhappy over Ramjet, when Thrust and Dirge are already out there.
AllNewSuperRobot
Guardian Of Seibertron

New Transformers Siege Sightings for Canada and Australia

Postby william-james88 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:46 pm

While the US of A has been getting all the Siege toys first (just like it happened with wave 1 of POTP), the line has been propagating across the globe, finding many happy fans. Canada was missing the leaders, and while they have yet to hit Walmart or Toysrus, they have been popping up at EB-Games at $69.99 (which is the retail price for leaders in Canada now). They can also be purchased online (though randomly allocated).
As for Australia, we have had reports that the first wave (except for leaders) is being found at Toy World shops. The prices are $12 for Battle Masters, $40 for Deluxes and $55 for Voyagers.

The prices listed in the article are of course in the currency of the country the product was sighted.

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Nathaniel Prime » Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:14 pm

Motto: "Scale is also like Starscream in the G1 movie in that it's bad comedy."
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
40$ for a deluxe? Yeesh. At least Australia has them, cuz all I see here are the Wave 1 Battle Masters and Micromasters.
One's red one's blue sometimes I want to ask god why he's played this cruel joke on us
Nathaniel Prime
Gestalt Team Leader
News Credits: 56
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Tank
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 9
Endurance: 9
Firepower: 10+

Postby Burn » Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:28 pm

Motto: "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings to randomly click things in the Admin Panel to see what it breaks."
Nathaniel Prime wrote:40$ for a deluxe? Yeesh. At least Australia has them, cuz all I see here are the Wave 1 Battle Masters and Micromasters.

It's barely news considering how few Toyworlds there are in the country. But it's normal for them to get stock before the big stores, if we're lucky, once the big stores get them they'll be slightly cheaper (not much) and actually stock them.
Burn
Forum Admin
News Credits: 226

Postby Nathaniel Prime » Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:09 pm

Motto: "Scale is also like Starscream in the G1 movie in that it's bad comedy."
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
Burn wrote:
Nathaniel Prime wrote:40$ for a deluxe? Yeesh. At least Australia has them, cuz all I see here are the Wave 1 Battle Masters and Micromasters.

It's barely news considering how few Toyworlds there are in the country. But it's normal for them to get stock before the big stores, if we're lucky, once the big stores get them they'll be slightly cheaper (not much) and actually stock them.

I was refering to here in Florida, where we still have the tailender of Studio Series and POTP. Only the Battle Masters and Micromasters have shown up so far, but hopefully I will get to see more soon.

On a sidenote, will probably pick up POTP Optimal Optimus, because after watching Season 3 of Beast Wars, everything that bothered me about him ceased to exist. I actually enjoy his jet mode now that I've seen it in action. No "car mode" but I am least interested in that. Primal doesn't bother me like he used to. All in all, I think he is the best Leader from POTP, and I would recommend picking him up. BTW, I'm not even a Beast Wars fan :)
One's red one's blue sometimes I want to ask god why he's played this cruel joke on us
Nathaniel Prime
Gestalt Team Leader
News Credits: 56
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Tank
Strength: 9
Endurance: 9
Firepower: 10+

Postby ZeldaTheSwordsman » Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:24 pm

Motto: "Earthrise restock or riot"
Rodimus Prime wrote:
At the risk of further derailing the thread, no line is perfect, but I thought RiD/Car Robots came pretty close. So far, the SS line is doing great, with only a couple of missteps. Siege, on the other hand has been hit and miss, and we're only into wave 1.

RiD (2001)/Car Robots is marred by ill-advised use of clear plastic on X-Brawn and especially Prowl, plus Mega Octane/Dolrailer being absent the base-mode launcher in both RiD and Car Robots. There's also the matter of Fortress/Brave Maximus: The US didn't get him at all because the mold doesn't pass the drop test, and while Japan did get him almost all his accessories were held back as campaign prizes.
And not necessarily a flaw on its own, but still worth noting: half the molds were recycled from past lines :P

william-james88 wrote:
AllNewSuperRobot wrote:

Skywarp was never going to be part of the regular line. If/WHEN he comes out, it will be as an exclusive.

Well, of course. :lol: It's Skywarp after all - it's something of a trend, although there are exceptions.
WANT:
* Cybertron Galvatron key, missiles
* Omega Lock
* Primus Cyber Key, coattail panel
* Powerlinx Comettor
* Cyb Jetfire R gun and missile
* RiD Galvy dragon head, beast arms
* DotM Ironhide windshield, R hood assy.
* ROTF Jetfire R JTFR panel

Di Bonaventura is not a credible or trustworthy source. And most fans do like the diversity push, thanks.

Trading MOSC MMPR fliphead Pink Ranger for ER Fasttrack or SIEGE Refraktor
ZeldaTheSwordsman
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Rodimus Prime » Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:57 pm

ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote:

RiD (2001)/Car Robots is marred by ill-advised use of clear plastic on X-Brawn and especially Prowl, plus Mega Octane/Dolrailer being absent the base-mode launcher in both RiD and Car Robots. There's also the matter of Fortress/Brave Maximus: The US didn't get him at all because the mold doesn't pass the drop test, and while Japan did get him almost all his accessories were held back as campaign prizes.
And not necessarily a flaw on its own, but still worth noting: half the molds were recycled from past lines :P
I was thinking more of screen accuracy. I know that "best" is a subjective term, and we look at the lines from different perspectives. My thought was that all the figures I had/saw in the lines were accurate to the screen representation, as far as I can remember. I'm about to watch the subbed version of Car Robots soon so I'll be refreshed.
........Image
Rodimus Prime
God Of Transformers

New Video Review of Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Wave 2 Deluxe Prowl

Postby ZeroWolf » Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:31 pm

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
Thanks to fellow Seibertron users, Riley Hoffman, Sentinel_Primal and Nemesis Primal we have learned that YouTuber TonTon Reviews has uploaded a new video review of Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Wave 2 Deluxe Class Prowl! The review covers his transformation and comparisons with his Siege brethren and with Studio Series #38 Transformers Bumblebee Optimus Prime.

We have embedded the video below for your convenience:

Will you be hunting Prowl down for your collection? Or are you content with one of his other incarnations for your toy shelves? Let us know in the Energon Pub and stay tuned to Seibertron for all the latest news and reviews.
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
News Credits: 1350

Postby Flashwave » Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:54 pm

Motto: "Our society's downfall will not be this war. The war IS our society. That which will get us will be the little things. Some humanoid race, some tossed cannon, the little things that no one looks out for. THAT is for what we must be vigilant."
Weapon: Twin Shoulder-Mounted Rocket Launchers
Prowl is a definate. But I wish he had his shoulder rockets.
Flashwave
City Commander
News Credits: 8
Speed: 9
Endurance: 6
Courage: 9
Firepower: 7

Postby Ominous Sand » Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:08 pm

I’ll probably buy him if I see him in stores, but won’t hunt him down online. Wish he had shoulder rockets
Ominous Sand
Mini-Con
News Credits: 11
Watch Ominous Sand on YouTube
Alt Mode: Some sort of car or dinosaur
Strength: 2
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 2
Endurance: 4
Courage: 2
Skill: 4

Postby DecepticonFinishline » Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:19 pm

Motto: "Can you change the radio to KZUM, please?"
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
Anyone else notice the lack of battle damage paint?

I know that it's, generally, unpopular; I'm not complaining about its absence, I am complaining that there is, yet another, inconsistency across the Generations toys...
DecepticonFinishline
Targetmaster
News Credits: 14
Alt Mode: Taxi cab
Strength: 3
Speed: 5
Endurance: 2
Courage: 4
Firepower: 8

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:27 pm

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
DecepticonFinishline wrote:Anyone else notice the lack of battle damage paint?

Now that you mention it, Chromia has none either.
The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3

Looking for:
- TR Furos (Hardhead's head) and Crashbash (lost him :()
- PotP Punch head
- TR Galvatron right arm (the gun one)
- CW Brake-Neck/UW Wildrider, CW Offroad
- TR Twinferno & Grotusque
- Greenlight, Lancer and PotP Elita-1 (plus repro Victorion hands and feet?)
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 241
Strength: 5
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Courage: 8
Skill: 5

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KUP Transformers Buzzworthy Bumblebee Studio Series 86-02 Hasbro 2022 New"
KUP Transformers B ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K28 GALVATRON fixed shoulders Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Leader 2021"
WFC-K28 GALVATRON ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "FRENZY (RED) Transformers Studio Series 86 SS-115 Core Takara Tomy 2024 New"
NEW!
FRENZY (RED) Trans ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-E38 MEGATRON Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise Tomy ER-13 Takara New"
NEW!
WFC-E38 MEGATRON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-E1 SOUNDBARRIER Transformers War Cybertron Earthrise Battle Master 2020 New"
WFC-E1 SOUNDBARRIE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIMAL + RATTRAP Transformers War Cybertron Trilogy Kingdom Netflix 2021"
OPTIMUS PRIMAL + R ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BLURR Transformers Studio Series 86-03 Animated Movie Deluxe Hasbro 2021 New"
BLURR Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CORONATION STARSCREAM Transformers Studio Series 86-12 Leader 2022 King 220907A"
CORONATION STARSCR ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-E15 RACE TRACK PATROL Transformers Earthrise Micromasters Hasbro 2020 New"
NEW!
WFC-E15 RACE TRACK ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #9 Cover A IDW Comic 2019 BOLD NEW ERA SIEGE 9A (CA) Miyao"
TRANSFORMERS #9 Co ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K17 ARCEE Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe 2021 New"
WFC-K17 ARCEE Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BWVS-05 RATTRAP + TERRORSAUR Transformers Beast Wars Again Kingdom Hasbro 2024"
NEW!
BWVS-05 RATTRAP + ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K35 TIGATRON Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Voyager Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K35 TIGATRON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WRECK-GAR Transformers Studio Series 86-09 Animated Movie Voyager 2021 New"
WRECK-GAR Transfor ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Quintus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Terrorcon Hun-Gurrr" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 12 Voyager Class Movie 1 Decepticon Brawl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Nightbeat" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Decepticon Ravage(Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight -- Knight Armor Turbo Changer Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition Predaking Figure [Amazon Exclusive](Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON