This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Discussion Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Discussion Thread

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:03 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
Still no luck on the Shockwave front sadly. Dunno where those leader are at. The $50 price point I've been seeing only belongs to the G1 prime reissue
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Postby no-one » Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:18 pm

D-Maximal_Primal wrote:Still no luck on the Shockwave front sadly. Dunno where those leader are at. The $50 price point I've been seeing only belongs to the G1 prime reissue
So no place reserved on the shelves? That would suck. I've seen the WFC leader stickers at both WM and Target. They'll get there eventually, especially with so few leader figures in this line.
no-one
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 131

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:21 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
carytheone wrote:
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:Still no luck on the Shockwave front sadly. Dunno where those leader are at. The $50 price point I've been seeing only belongs to the G1 prime reissue
So no place reserved on the shelves? That would suck. I've seen the WFC leader stickers at both WM and Target. They'll get there eventually, especially with so few leader figures in this line.

No place. The voyagers are housing the lower shelves, with the G1 reissue and Botbots taking up the upper shelves that are not pegs
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby Nemesis Maximo » Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:30 pm

Motto: "Always Be’s-ing and do’s-ing, never cheesing or choosing!"
Weapon: Gatling Cannon
Just keep an eye on your Wal-Mart, D-Max. I finally found Siege Leaders last week, you can’t be that far behind Michigan.
Back at it again!
Marvel Legends Domino

SW's SilverHammer wrote:Eat my ass funpub.

Burn wrote:And this is for taking Nemesis Maximo seriously.
*high fives Silly in the face*

carytheone wrote:I can't be assed to do any better right now.
Nemesis Maximo
Gestalt
Alt Mode: Lounge Lizard
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 5
Endurance: 6
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 7

Postby no-one » Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:32 pm

Nemesis Maximo wrote:Just keep an eye on your Wal-Mart, D-Max. I finally found Siege Leaders last week, you can’t be that far behind Michigan.
I spotted Magnus at a Wally in Mississippi an hour and a half from home, but nothing here yet. I'm in no rush though.
no-one
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 131

Postby Cobotron » Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:33 pm

Motto: "Free your mind, and your ass will follow!"
Weapon: Sword
D-Max! I just saw leaders for the first time at Walfart today.
Enter the COLLECT-O-TRON
Burn wrote:
Agamemnon wrote:Let's get back to talking about Burn's mammoth snout flopping... :-s

Well I am Australian. It's kinda what we're known for.
Cobotron
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 41
Alt Mode: A Sleeping Bear
Endurance: 8
Courage: 9
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10

Postby william-james88 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:37 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"

Mine has the tags for them but still no luck. I dont know whats worse, having this hint of them coming but never being there (day after day) or just not knowing when the module itself will change.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4499
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby Wolfman Jake » Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:00 pm

Motto: ""A mountain with a wolf on it stands a little taller."
-Edward Hoagland"
Weapon: Retractable Mecha-Fangs
Honestly, Walmart is just a crapshoot nowadays. You're much more likely to find what you're looking for, sooner and more consistently, at Target.
Wolfman Jake - Spendin' the day howlin' away.
Wolfman Jake
Faction Commander
News Credits: 65
Alt Mode: Wolf
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 10
Firepower: 2

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:23 pm

Oh yeah, Target is my main place to go look when I'm actively hunting. Walmart is convenient cause i literally live right next to one.

I'm thinking the new wave of Studio Series and Shockwave will show up at the same time, making for a helluva expensive day
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby Rodimus Prime » Fri Feb 01, 2019 7:23 am

Motto: "Individual freedom above all else."
To all of you who are coming up empty at Walmart, ask someone who works there, preferably a toys department manager. It's very easy to check if the figures are in the back or not. That's how I got my WFC stuff, I checked in the back. I work there, so I didn't have to ask anyone else, but the point is that Shockwave and Ultra Magnus were in the back stock room for 3 days before I found them and were never put on the shelf, despite the price tags being there. Maybe it's laziness, maybe stupidity, or both. But I'm guessing that at least some of the Walmarts that have an empty space where the leaders are supposed to be have the figures in the back, especially after all this time that they have been released. It takes literally a few seconds to scan the barcode on the price tag and see if the figures are in the back.
........Image
Rodimus Prime
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 22

Postby Nemesis Primal » Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:32 pm

Motto: "Anything worth doing is worth suffering for."
Weapon: Twin Swords
The local Walmart I have access to here at school, after serving me decently well last year in terms of PotP, Studio Series, and some Titans Return remnants, has now caused me to boycott them until Wave 2 of Siege is out, because apparently the only TFs they sell now are Siege Deluxes and I already have all the Wave 1 Deluxes I want (i.e. everyone except Sideswipe). Nothing else has a tag, and an employee confirmed for me that they no longer sell any Studio Series of any size class. Granted, in terms of Siege all I was looking for this wave was Magnus, and now I'm not sure if I want to snag him at full price anymore after seeing Prime, but it's still disappointing.

At least it means I'll be covered when Sixgun and Ironhide arrive...
Nemesis Primal
Godmaster
News Credits: 48
Alt Mode: Purple monkey I guess
Courage: 7
Firepower: 9

Get a clear look at the extra hidden details on Siege Voyager packages

Postby Emerje » Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:59 pm

Motto: "Spellcheck's antithesis."
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
It's difficult for toy packaging to stand out in the aisles these days. And while the current Transformers Siege line has seen some the most radical departures yet (Deluxes in boxes? Madness!) their most intriguing feature is barely visible to the naked eye. If you tilt the side of Deluxe, Voyager, and Leader class boxes with the character art on it you can just make out hints of something that's "more than meets the eye".

Thanks to Seibertronian Lunatic Prime and a UV light we're getting our clearest look at all the hidden details on Voyager Optimus Prime and Megatron's boxes. This goes beyond the "simple" hidden messages found on promotional Siege posters last year. Revealed under the right lighting not only do we get code words that can be used on the Transformers website (though strangely the code on Optimus Prime's box is written as "Lacon" instead of "Iacon"), but also several new character details, faction symbols, and the character's name at the bottom. But more than anything it's just a really cool feature!

Got more examples of Hasbro's clever hidden art from the Siege line? Share them with your fellow Seibertronians in the Energon Pub forums below!
Emerje
News Staff
News Credits: 235
Alt Mode: Lobster Moose
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Firepower: 3
Skill: 6

Postby SpikeyTigertron » Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:58 pm

So I really dig each “Prime” has his own silhouette. The Neme-Pax even has that lanky evil vibe. Was shocked their cabs all scaled decently. Bonus point. Magnus and PotP trailer scales too!
Attachments
8BD97357-A1E2-4AC8-BB42-DF67AEBF2600.jpeg
987A82E2-A234-4381-B62D-C091351DFEFB.jpeg
SpikeyTigertron
Gestalt Team Leader
News Credits: 2

Postby Immortal Starscream » Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:00 pm

My optimus and Megatron dont have this. They were picked up online when the first few showed up back in november. I dont know if it was just a fluke, or if some of those early wave figures just didnt have them, because a one friend got them early too, and he doesn't have it eithet, while another friend got his just a couple weeks ago, and they do have the blacklght bits.

"They're playing with him... and when they're done they're going to play with me.... OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!"
Immortal Starscream
Headmaster
News Credits: 18

Postby Wolfman Jake » Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:12 am

Motto: ""A mountain with a wolf on it stands a little taller."
-Edward Hoagland"
Weapon: Retractable Mecha-Fangs
Immortal Starscream wrote:My optimus and Megatron dont have this. They were picked up online when the first few showed up back in november. I dont know if it was just a fluke, or if some of those early wave figures just didnt have them, because a one friend got them early too, and he doesn't have it eithet, while another friend got his just a couple weeks ago, and they do have the blacklght bits.

Interesting. I wonder if we'll see a revision that corrects the "Lacon" lettering on Optimus Prime's Voyager box. This kind of stuff will sure drive completionists crazy. :lol:
Wolfman Jake - Spendin' the day howlin' away.
Wolfman Jake
Faction Commander
News Credits: 65
Alt Mode: Wolf
Intelligence: 10

Postby Nemesis Destron » Sat Feb 02, 2019 5:20 am

Motto: ""So you see evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb!""
Weapon: Dual-Sonic Disrupter Gun
Wolfman Jake wrote:Honestly, Walmart is just a crapshoot nowadays. You're much more likely to find what you're looking for, sooner and more consistently, at Target.

Yeah that reality has been a constant for a loooong while now IMO. :BANG_HEAD: :VEHI:
Nemesis Destron
Gestalt
News Credits: 2

Postby GeekyGamer Gal » Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:39 am

Nemesis Destron wrote:
Wolfman Jake wrote:Honestly, Walmart is just a crapshoot nowadays. You're much more likely to find what you're looking for, sooner and more consistently, at Target.

Yeah that reality has been a constant for a loooong while now IMO. :BANG_HEAD: :VEHI:

I will say Walmart is still good to watch out for, just because I've had some rather interesting luck there. Mainly with the POTP stuff, but I've had the early stock before release Roddy Unicronus, the only place to get wave 2 Sludge and Snarl, and just released half priced clearance on OP and regular Roddy.

Otherwise, Walmart so far has been rather disappointing as all of them I've been in do not have even a tag for Siege leaders, Studio Series, the trading cards, or Botbots. They've only had low quantities of the weaponizers and pegs full of deluxe class.
You know, as a kid I never made the connection between the G1 Sideswipe toy my brother passed down to me and the characters in the Beast Wars show on TV, until Michael Bay had Sideswipe as a Corvette.
GeekyGamer Gal
Fuzor
News Credits: 4
Location: Near a river in Missouri? Missoura? Missouria? Eh, whatever.
Watch GeekyGamer Gal on YouTube
Alt Mode: Corvette

Postby starrhero » Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:49 pm

TonTon Reviews just uploaded their review on Siege Leader Cybertron Optimus Prime. He actually goes into detail comparing the Siege figure with the original Cybertron version.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxCuap0yVlc&t=28s
starrhero
Minibot
News Credits: 1
Watch starrhero on YouTube

Postby Lunatic Prime » Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:50 pm

Motto: "For 'cons I'm annoying like a swarm of Scraplets."
Weapon: Cyber Tail Claw
My customs thread [click image]:
Check out my DEVIANT ART and Twitter, too ;)

new stuff (designs, innovation, character interpretations and evolution), bots with more or less than four limbs, non-humanoid robot modes

Dislikes:
sticking to outdated stuff, ignorance, stubbornness

And I am not a completionist. I buy what I judge being cool to me.
Lunatic Prime
Headmaster
News Credits: 3
Watch Lunatic Prime on YouTube
Buy from Lunatic Prime on eBay
Alt Mode: Triplechanger - dragon and giant monowheel
Speed: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 10+

Postby Sentinel_Primal » Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:24 pm

Weapon: Thermal Sword
Ugh... I was really hoping those cannons would be removable if nothing else but for the C.O.M.B.A.T. system. Still really like the look of him though. Wish he had compared him to Ultra Magnus though. And I was hoping the base head would have been more like the normal head from the old figure rather than just G1, but yellow eyes
Sentinel_Primal
Godmaster
News Credits: 12
Alt Mode: Sea Serpent
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 6
Endurance: 4
Courage: 4
Skill: 5

WFC Siege Optimus Prime Review!

Postby RobRobRobRobRob » Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:55 pm

Motto: "Manners make the man."
Weapon: Sonic Umbrella
Finally concluding our saga of leaks, today we received quite the shocking review of the yet-unconfirmed (by HasTak) WFC Siege Leader Class Optimus Prime, courtesy of TonTon Review! This serves as easily our most thorough look at the Unicron Trilogy-inspired Prime yet, as TonTon’s mechanical monologue goes into detail regarding the figures articulation, paint and mold detailing, vehicle modes, robot modes, weapons, Six-Gun compatibility and size comparisons against both Siege Deluxes and the Cybertron original! We also see some unfortunate things, such as the Super Mode head being visible in alt mode (upside down or not), and that the wheels must be partsformed when converting to robot mode.

We also cannot understate how unusual this truly is, as not only has there been no reported sightings of this figure yet, but there has also never been an official statement directly from the mouths of anyone at either Hasbro or Takara even confirming this figures existence, let alone visage. This seems to suggest that some retailer may have accidentally released the figure early, in which case the hunt is most certainly on for Siege fans everywhere, or that TonTon is a HasTak employee. If you happen to be as lucky as TonTon and find this bewildering figure, be sure to let us know in your area’s sightings forum.

Special thanks to Riley Hoffman, Survivefan23, and Powermaster Ultra Prime for all sending this review our way!

Seeing as this is our first in-depth look at the figure, be sure to discuss your thoughts on the figure (as well as how TonTon may have acquired the figure) in the forums below, and stay tuned to Seibertron.com for more Transformers news and reviews!
RobRobRobRobRob
Mini-Con
News Credits: 35
Alt Mode: Vosnian Walking Stick

Postby ZeroWolf » Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:07 pm

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
Actually, I wouldn't say this came from a retailer...more like from the factory itself, as its just like the case with studio series #38 Bumblebee Movie Optimus Prime...i would think we were supposed to have seen this for the first time at toy fair for a wave 2 leader release.
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
News Credits: 1350

Postby Agent 53 » Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:19 pm

You'd think that, given that this figure and BB Optimus have been so thoroughly leaked at this point that Hasbro would've just done the official "reveal" on social media, like they did back... however long ago now it was they revealed the FOC Combaticons and the likes of Prime Knockout.
I mean I know they'll have planned some big Toyfair reveal for these figures, and I'm sure there will be some surprises (Siege Omega being properly revealed fingers crossed) but they have to know by now that the gig is up. These figures exist and anyone who cares knows it.
Agent 53
Minibot

Postby TAAO » Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:29 pm

Thanks for the video. He looks ok, I guess. There's just something off about it to me. I think the most distracting part for me would have to be the unpainted "wing wheels" on the outside. I know they were going for the aesthetic of the Cybertron version, but if they were at least not molded to look like wheels on the outside, I think it would have looked better. And I think the "hollowness" of this mold, primarily the cannons, also really makes it standout from the rest of the Siege line. Not necessarily in a good way. Just my two cents. :D
TAAO
Mini-Con

Postby Nemesis Maximo » Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:03 pm

Motto: "Always Be’s-ing and do’s-ing, never cheesing or choosing!"
Weapon: Gatling Cannon
Man, someone at HasTak has got to be pissed.

But man, that thing looks good.
Back at it again!
Marvel Legends Domino

SW's SilverHammer wrote:Eat my ass funpub.

Burn wrote:And this is for taking Nemesis Maximo seriously.
*high fives Silly in the face*

carytheone wrote:I can't be assed to do any better right now.
Nemesis Maximo
Gestalt
Alt Mode: Lounge Lizard
Speed: 5
Endurance: 6
Firepower: 10+

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Star Wars OBI-WAN KENOBI #3 Marvel Comics 2022 MAY220989 (CA) Noto (W) Cantwell"
Star Wars OBI-WAN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STAR TREK #13 Cvr B IDW Comics 2023 AUG231383 13B (CA) Hochreigl (W) Kelly"
STAR TREK #13 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Star Wars YODA #2 var Marvel Comics 2022 OCT220985 (CA) Nauck (W) Scott (A) Leon"
Star Wars YODA #2 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Star Wars HIDDEN EMPIRE #2 var battle Marvel Comics 2022 OCT220989 (CA) Shalvey"
Star Wars HIDDEN E ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #11 Cvr G 1:5 action figure Dynamite Comics 2024 AUG230322 11G"
GARGOYLES #11 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Star Wars BOUNTY HUNTERS #16 var blueprint Marvel Comics 2021 (CA) Villanelli"
Star Wars BOUNTY H ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STAR TREK #6 Marvel Comics 1980 (W) Barr (A/CA) Cockrum 231208B"
STAR TREK #6 Marve ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Star Wars WAR BOUNTY HUNTERS #1 var 1:25 Marvel Comics 2021 APR210946 (CA) Yu"
Star Wars WAR BOUN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STAR TREK DEFIANT #7 Cvr B IDW Comics 2023 JUN231464 7B (CA) Unzueta"
STAR TREK DEFIANT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Star Wars DARTH VADER #32 var Marvel Comics JAN230990 (CA) Larraz (W) Pak"
Star Wars DARTH VA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Star Wars YODA #3 var Marvel Comics 2023 NOV220834 (CA) Ferry (W) Scott (A) Leon"
Star Wars YODA #3 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SONIC THE HEDGEHOG #58 Cvr A IDW Comics 2023 DEC221408 58A (CA) Yardley"
SONIC THE HEDGEHOG ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES DARK AGES #3 Cvr Q 1:40 Dynamite Comics 2023 JUL230294 3Q (CA) Quah"
GARGOYLES DARK AGE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES DARK AGES #3 Cvr M 1:25 Dynamite Comics 2023 JUL230290 3M (CA) Moss"
GARGOYLES DARK AGE ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Toys Optimus Prime Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Matrix Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 & Up, 11.5"" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Tailgate" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series Number 14 Voyager Class Autobot Ironhide" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Windblade and Scorchfire" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Terrorcon Hun-Gurrr" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Titan Class Predaking" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Soundwave Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece MP-21 Bumble Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Autobot Perceptor and Convex" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Silverbolt Figure" on AMAZON