This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Discussion Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Discussion Thread

Postby SpikeyTigertron » Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:00 pm

o.supreme wrote:
SpikeyTigertron wrote:I’ve been on the fence about letting Metroplex go. At least Fort Max had connects for all the other leaders.

Hey if you ever want to give up Metroplex let me know. He is going to make a fine centerpiece of my *hopeful* one day giant connected city ;) .

I’ll keep that in mind O.

I really need to sit down and inventory my collection. Between T30/Chug. The last trilogy and the new one.... lots of repeats.... but even certain aspects of each one make them interesting. Likecthe combiners versions of basically all the 84 bots lol
SpikeyTigertron
Gestalt Team Leader
News Credits: 2

Backwards Compatibility with Prime Wars Gimmicks Confirmed for WFC Siege Omega Supreme and Jetfire

Postby william-james88 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
A video from unicron.com surfaced on Facebook with John Warden talking about the new Jetfire and Omega Supreme toys done by him and his team. The big takeaway from it was the fact that both feature backwards compatibility with the previous toyline trilogy John Warden worked on, Prime Wars.

Omega Supreme has ports on his track which are compatible with the bases in Titans return including of course the other Titans Trypticon and Fortress Maximus. This is so that fans and kids can build their own massive citis with the huge bases. You can see those connecting ports on the image below.

Jetfire also has backwards compatibility but with Prime Masters and Titan Masters. Both of those smaller kinds of bots can sit in Jetfire's cockpit.

These are just fun Easter Egg type features that will not be documented since they are meant as a bonus to fans who already have figures from prevous lines. If you don't have those previously released figures, don't worry there is a lot to enjoy from these fgures which each have their own special features.

Another point regarding Omega Supreme, John Warden did confirm that his bot mode is meant to scale with Devastator.

Let us know if any of this info makes you happy and if you feel Hasbro is taking things up a notch with their Transformers toys.

If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4501
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Re: Backwards Compatibility with Prime Wars Gimmicks Confirmed for WFC Siege Omega Supreme and Jetfire

Postby o.supreme » Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:57 pm

Motto: "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes"
william-james88 wrote:Let us know if any of this info makes you happy and if you feel Hasbro is taking things up a notch with their Transformers toys.

So I'll take this opportunity to give Hasbro some much do appreciation and respect. Well Done. ;)^ I know I've been critical, and I'll continue to call out things I feel are glaring omissions and missteps, but I'll try to do better to give props when do. This is about the best outcome one could imagine. I fully intended to make Siege Omega Supreme fit within my giant city network, prior to this announcement, but this just makes it all the more satisfactory. Also I fully intended on getting Jetfire, since I never got the T30 one, and this one is actually (seemingly) better...The TM/PM BWC wasn't necessary, but is certainly welcome. These little things definitely do push the RIGHT kind of buttons with and old fuddy-duddy like myself. 8-)
Bucket/Want List: Botcon 2016 Customization Class Ratchet (G2 Deco), or Customization Class Ratchet (Marvel Comics Deco) **would also be willing to pay for an Unpainted Botcon 2016 Ratchet, TT Legends Fortress Head (only) with working Electronics

Wish List of Modern Combiners: Road Caesar, Monstructor & Dinoking (proper size to fiction), Landcross, Guard City, Battle Gaia, & G2 Defensor. Wish List of Titans:Metrotitan,Majin Zarak
o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 55
Watch o.supreme on YouTube
Buy from o.supreme on eBay

Re: Backwards Compatibility with Prime Wars Gimmicks Confirmed for WFC Siege Omega Supreme and Jetfire

Postby SpikeyTigertron » Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:22 pm

o.supreme wrote:
william-james88 wrote:Let us know if any of this info makes you happy and if you feel Hasbro is taking things up a notch with their Transformers toys.

So I'll take this opportunity to give Hasbro some much do appreciation and respect. Well Done. ;)^ I know I've been critical, and I'll continue to call out things I feel are glaring omissions and missteps, but I'll try to do better to give props when do. This is about the best outcome one could imagine. I fully intended to make Siege Omega Supreme fit within my giant city network, prior to this announcement, but this just makes it all the more satisfactory. Also I fully intended on getting Jetfire, since I never got the T30 one, and this one is actually (seemingly) better...The TM/PM BWC wasn't necessary, but is certainly welcome. These little things definitely do push the RIGHT kind of buttons with and old fuddy-duddy like myself. 8-)

At least titanmaster brawn will be scaled to Jetfire’s jet mode lol
SpikeyTigertron
Gestalt Team Leader

Postby Randomhero » Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:55 pm

The biggest takeaway I took from this is...unicron.com is still around? That was the first transformers site I discovered back 97
Randomhero
Gestalt
News Credits: 3

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:00 pm

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Well played Hasbro. First with Skytread, now Jetfire and Omega. :APPLAUSE:
The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3

Looking for:
- TR Furos (Hardhead's head) and Crashbash (lost him :()
- PotP Punch head
- TR Galvatron right arm (the gun one)
- CW Brake-Neck/UW Wildrider, CW Offroad
- TR Twinferno & Grotusque
- Greenlight, Lancer and PotP Elita-1 (plus repro Victorion hands and feet?)
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 241
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Courage: 8
Skill: 5

Postby Cyberpath » Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:15 pm

From @FakeEyes22 --

Cyberpath
City Commander
News Credits: 372

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:18 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Randomhero wrote:The biggest takeaway I took from this is...unicron.com is still around? That was the first transformers site I discovered back 97
Yup - http://www.unicron.com/

I'm technically still a member of their news team, but I rarely makes posts there anymore since the majority of the news-posting switched to the Unicron.com Facebook (I'll still post things like RoboCon coverage, though).
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 438
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby Skritz » Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:52 pm

I don't want Jefire I don't want Jefire I don't want Jefire I don't want Jefire I don't want Jefire I don't want Jefire I don't want Jefire I don't want Jefire I don't want Jefire I don't want Jefire I don't want Jefire I don't want Jefire...

DAMN IT I WANT THAT! :lol:
Skritz
Gestalt

Postby Overcracker » Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:53 pm

Motto: "Collecting little transforming action figures is the right of all sentient Geeks."
Weapon: Indepentently Targetable Particle Beam Cannons
That´s nice and all, but John Warden dropped the ball. No crotch hatch on Jetfire to recreate that iconic scene from the G1 cartoon is just a slap on fans faces. #notbuyinganything. [-(

I’m kidding of course. Its a great way of keeping play patterns from older lines. I’ll have Ginrai fly Skyfire around. :-D :DANCE: :APPLAUSE:
Check the Collection Manager Updates at the thread in the General discussion forum.
TF Search Website First Beta is now up. Click this link!
Beast Wars complete, Beast Machines almost done.
Last Update: March 14, 2024:
Now holding 1000!!! figures and 2310 releases of figures. Please check forum post above
Overcracker
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 5
Watch Overcracker on YouTube
Strength: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 9
Courage: 9
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10

Postby Emerje » Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:27 pm

Motto: "Spellcheck's antithesis."
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
TF-fan kev777 wrote:
SpikeyTigertron wrote:I feel like all the threads are fragmenting all over the place with the NYTF coverage... but has anyone actually *seen* pre-orders for Brunt/Reflector/Refractor? I can't seem to spot any if there are.... not on Amazon, BBTS, EntertainmentEarth, TFSource… etc... and it's driving me nuts.

No, there are some serious gaps in the pre-orders for both Siege and Studio Series. For Siege, no sign of pre-orders for Brunt, Refractor and presuming Barricade in wave 4, and no sign of the micromasters at all past wave 2. For Studio Series, the first 3 constructions are missing from pre-orders, while later numbers in the series do have pre-orders.

Basically Hasbro jumped the gun in the excitement of all the new "announcements" and put wave 4 up (minus one secret figure, likely Barricade) ahead of wave 3. Although as of yesterday Entertainment Earth was taking orders for wave 3 Deluxe cases, but they're no longer listed.

I'm also seriously wondering whether the rumored Leader Astrotrain was some bad info. It is weird that we heard absolutely nothing about him. The rumor was from something found on Walmarts site, right? Isn't Walmart also going to have the G1 re-release for Astrotrain? Could that have been the mix-up?

It was found in Walmart computers, but the codes matched other Siege Leaders. If it's real it wont be released until the end of the year so they're just holding it and Barricade for later, probably SDCC.

Reissue Astrotrain isn't coming until 2020 and we only just had the poll so I doubt it's in their computers yet.

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff
News Credits: 235
Alt Mode: Lobster Moose
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Endurance: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 3
Skill: 6

Postby Hellscream9999 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:41 pm

Motto: "Never forgive, never forget."
Weapon: Black Magic
Emerje wrote:
TF-fan kev777 wrote:
SpikeyTigertron wrote:I feel like all the threads are fragmenting all over the place with the NYTF coverage... but has anyone actually *seen* pre-orders for Brunt/Reflector/Refractor? I can't seem to spot any if there are.... not on Amazon, BBTS, EntertainmentEarth, TFSource… etc... and it's driving me nuts.

No, there are some serious gaps in the pre-orders for both Siege and Studio Series. For Siege, no sign of pre-orders for Brunt, Refractor and presuming Barricade in wave 4, and no sign of the micromasters at all past wave 2. For Studio Series, the first 3 constructions are missing from pre-orders, while later numbers in the series do have pre-orders.

Basically Hasbro jumped the gun in the excitement of all the new "announcements" and put wave 4 up (minus one secret figure, likely Barricade) ahead of wave 3. Although as of yesterday Entertainment Earth was taking orders for wave 3 Deluxe cases, but they're no longer listed.

I'm also seriously wondering whether the rumored Leader Astrotrain was some bad info. It is weird that we heard absolutely nothing about him. The rumor was from something found on Walmarts site, right? Isn't Walmart also going to have the G1 re-release for Astrotrain? Could that have been the mix-up?

It was found in Walmart computers, but the codes matched other Siege Leaders. If it's real it wont be released until the end of the year so they're just holding it and Barricade for later, probably SDCC.

Reissue Astrotrain isn't coming until 2020 and we only just had the poll so I doubt it's in their computers yet.

Emerje

Perhaps wave 4 is pioneering the individual figure ordering system?
I am not a G1 fan, please treat my opinions as such.

william-james88 wrote:If ever Sabrblade decides to go on vacation, I am glad to know we can rely on you.
Hellscream9999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 174
Alt Mode: Skeletal Dragon
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: ???
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Postby SpikeyTigertron » Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:36 pm

Hellscream9999 wrote:
Emerje wrote:
TF-fan kev777 wrote:

Emerje

Perhaps wave 4 is pioneering the individual figure ordering system?

Maybe? I know siege in general is the first time Target had DCPI numbers for each figure.... so I think it may have started with wave one.
SpikeyTigertron
Gestalt Team Leader

Postby Rysquad » Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:22 pm

william-james88 wrote:Jetfire also has backwards compatibility but with Prime Masters and Titan Masters. Both of those smaller kinds of bots can sit in Jetfire's cockpit.

These are just fun Easter Egg type features that will not be documented since they are meant as a bonus to fans who already have figures from prevous lines. If you don't have those previously released figures, don't worry there is a lot to enjoy from these fgures which each have their own special features.

As a line, Titans Return is my favorite and this makes Jetfire a must.

:BOWDOWN:

;)^ ;)^ ;)^
Rysquad
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 9

In-hand pix of SIEGE Soundwave & Starscream

Postby Cyberpath » Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:58 am

Someone dropped their tape-recorder.

More in-hand pix of SIEGE Soundwave & Starscream --

http://snakas.blog95.fc2.com/blog-entry-6989.html

Attachments
soundwave.jpg
Cyberpath
City Commander
News Credits: 372

Postby Sentinel_Primal » Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:15 am

Weapon: Thermal Sword

Hm... That's interesting that Apeface might be getting a new voyager. Maybe as an online exclusive like Greenlight?
Sentinel_Primal
Godmaster
News Credits: 12
Alt Mode: Sea Serpent
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 5
Endurance: 4
Courage: 4
Firepower: 2

Postby Jtprime17 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:17 am

My guess he's in a regular retail assortment. Southernhobby put up preorders for a wave 4 and 5 case assortment of voyagers around the same time they put astrotrain up, but they quickly took the listings down.
Jtprime17
Micromaster
News Credits: 84

Postby Jeddostotle7 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:20 am

Weapon: Ion-Charge Disperser Rifle
If we're getting a new Voyager Apeface, that means a new Snapdragon can't be far behind. They're the only two guys in that subgroup.
G2/Action Master/obscure variant-inspired redecos and retools are my lifeblood

Looking for:
- Golden Disk Terrorsaur elbow spikes
Jeddostotle7
Headmaster Jr
Alt Mode: real full-size version of truck from LEGO City 60183 Heavy Cargo Transport
Endurance: 6
Courage: 5
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

Re: In-hand pix of SIEGE Soundwave & Starscream

Postby Nathaniel Prime » Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:20 am

Motto: "Scale is also like Starscream in the G1 movie in that it's bad comedy."
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
Cyberpath wrote:Someone dropped their tape-recorder.

The first time I saw this yesterday, tape mode wasn't bad, but it wasn't great since the legs didn't seem to sit flush with the body to make a decent tape deck. Now, it looks great, because the legs look like they can sit flush, so that's awesome. A triple changing Soundwave is superior :michaelbay:
One's red one's blue sometimes I want to ask god why he's played this cruel joke on us
Nathaniel Prime
Gestalt Team Leader
News Credits: 56
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Tank
Strength: 9
Endurance: 9
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 9

Postby Sentinel_Primal » Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:20 am

Weapon: Thermal Sword
Jtprime17 wrote:My guess he's in a regular retail assortment. Southernhobby put up preorders for a wave 4 and 5 case assortment of voyagers around the same time they put astrotrain up, but they quickly took the listings down.

Oh wow. Well, here's hoping that means Snapdragon gets a new listing soon
Sentinel_Primal
Godmaster
News Credits: 12
Alt Mode: Sea Serpent
Strength: 4
Courage: 4
Firepower: 2

Postby Albatross250 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:02 am

Motto: "Operation: T E R M I N A T I O N"
Weapon: Heat-Seeking Incendiary Missiles
Nathaniel Prime wrote:

The first time I saw this yesterday, tape mode wasn't bad, but it wasn't great since the legs didn't seem to sit flush with the body to make a decent tape deck. Now, it looks great, because the legs look like they can sit flush, so that's awesome. A triple changing Soundwave is superior :michaelbay:

TAPE DECK SUPERIOR, HOVERCRAFT INFERIOR. :CON: :RUBSIGN:

Still Playing Fall Of Cybertron, it's still a great sequel!
Albatross250
Transmetal Warrior
News Credits: 27
Alt Mode: Type 74 Main Battle Tank
Endurance: 7
Courage: 7
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Postby ThunderThruster » Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:57 am

Weapon: Twin Shoulder-Mounted Rocket Launchers
Nathaniel Prime wrote:

You mean quadruple changing? He still has his cybertronian lamppost mode as well.
Tekka wrote:What she doesn't realize is that Springer actually loves Rodimus.
ThunderThruster
Gestalt

Siege News Roundup: Astrotrain Confirmed, Voyager Apeface Listing, Soundwave's Boombox Mode and More

Postby william-james88 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:55 am

Motto: "'till All Are One"
We have a lot of news regarding the Transformers Siege line. CMD store, a collectables shop in Canada, has 3 new listings which each give us new confirmations:

- There is a preorder for a voyager War for Cybertron Siege Apeface figure. No image and while it has a ridiculous price ($60 CAD), CMD store is known for it's very high markups. The product is said to be out in December.

- There is a preorder for leader class Astrotrain. Also out in December.

- There is a preorder for the wave 4 deluxe figures from Siege which confirm that Barricade is the wavemate for Mirage and Impactor. There is no image of the actual toy provided. It will be out in October.

Finally, we have in hand images of Starscream and Soundwave. They can all be found at the snakas blog but we included some below. the big takeaway is that a boombox-type mode for Soundwave is possible. It is unknown if this was intentional or not form Hasbro.

If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4501
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby Ominous Sand » Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:00 am

Fingers crossed for ApeFace. Hope they do Snapdragon as well
Ominous Sand
Mini-Con
News Credits: 11
Watch Ominous Sand on YouTube
Alt Mode: Some sort of car or dinosaur
Strength: 2
Speed: 2
Courage: 2
Skill: 4

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers LAST BOT STANDING #3 Cvr A IDW Comics 2022 MAY221565 3A (CA) Roche"
Transformers LAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS GALAXIES #8 Cvr B IDW Comics 2020 FEB200657 8B (A) Miyao (CA) Chan"
TRANSFORMERS GALAX ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS vs GI JOE #1 Cvr Sub IDW Comics 2014 1SUB (CA) Stokoe 230124"
TRANSFORMERS vs GI ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #22 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 230926R"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers LAST BOT STANDING #2 Cvr D IDW Comics 2022 FEB228625 2D Stafford"
Transformers LAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATION 2 #3 Marvel Comics 1994 (W) Furman (CA) Yaniger 230915N"
TRANSFORMERS GENER ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #38 Marvel Comics 1988 (W) Budiansky (CA) Springer 210422B"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #5 2nd ptg Cvr B Death Image Comics 2023 1123IM809 (CA) Howard"
VOID RIVALS #5 2nd ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #65 Marvel Comics 1990 (W) Furman (CA) Sienkiewicz 210422A"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers Wreckers TREAD & CIRCUITS #4 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2022 4RI"
Transformers Wreck ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS GALAXIES #7 Cvr A IDW Comics 2020 JAN200704 7A (W) Maggs (CA) Miyao"
TRANSFORMERS GALAX ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers Wreckers TREAD & CIRCUITS #3 Cvr B IDW Comics 2021 3B (CA) Chan"
Transformers Wreck ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #27 Marvel Comics 1987 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 230926G"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers SHATTERED GLASS #3 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2021 AUG210591 3RI (CA) Sara"
Transformers SHATT ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Battleslash" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 12 Voyager Class Movie 1 Decepticon Brawl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Slug" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Terrorcon Blot" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 09 Voyager Class Movie 2 Thundercracker" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee – Energon Igniters Power Plus Series Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titan Class Metroplex with Autobot Scamper Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Micronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Bumblebee Figure" on AMAZON