Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Discussion Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Discussion Thread

Postby Ironhidensh » Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:00 pm

Motto: "Tell those damned kids to stay off my lawn!!!"
Weapon: Big Cannon
Had an extremely rare free day today (I'm off for my birthday, wife is at work, kids at school), so for old times sake, I did a total store hunt. I hit 3 targets, 8 walmarts, and 4 Meijers.

All I found was a single Siege Soundwave and Starscream at the last Walmart I hit. :HEADHURTS:

Anyway, I picked up soudwave, since Starscream's 'detachable body' has me less than thrilled.

I have made no secret that I overwhelmingly detest the Siege line. Soundwave (much like Megatron) is a massive exception to that. This is just an all around amazing figure. The only complaint I have is the battle damage, which remains the worst idea Hasbro has ever had. :BANG_HEAD:

Seriously, if it wasn't for said deco, this would be an absolute perfect update to the original toy.
Photobucket can die now.

Leonardo wrote:Take your lips off my pipe!
Ironhidensh
Faction Commander
News Credits: 22
Buy from Ironhidensh on eBay
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 4
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 9

Postby carytheone » Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:12 pm

Motto: "shelf space may be fleeting, but plastic is forever"
Weapon: No Weapon
I got a question for you Siege Soundwave owners. Is the tape deck door damage painted on or molded in? Also is it on the inside of the door?
• but that's just my opinion •
•    Collection & Photos     •
carytheone
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 124
Alt Mode: Ctrl-Shift-Esc
Intelligence: N/A

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:46 pm

Motto: "It's not done right if it's not done well."
Weapon: Saber Blade
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 284
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10

Postby Nathaniel Prime » Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:59 pm

Motto: "It doesn't matter which universe or timeline you’re from. If you’re dedicated to defending it, you’re on my side."
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
Nathaniel Prime
Combiner
News Credits: 19
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Tank
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 9
Endurance: 9
Courage: 10+

Postby Wolfman Jake » Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:08 pm

Motto: ""A mountain with a wolf on it stands a little taller."
-Edward Hoagland"
Weapon: Retractable Mecha-Fangs
That "goblin glider" pic of SIEGE Starscream hits home how much people are over-reacting to his transformation scheme. Yes, that's recognizably still Starscream if you pull off his wings, but he's supposed to have those on his back, along with his shoulder pauldrons. (Where did those go in this picture anyway? If you were going to pull them off for a specific look for the "glider," why not try to put them back on the robot mode?)

Why is it so weird that the part of the alt mode that most looks like wings on an Earth-mode airplane is what ends up as the iconic wings on Starscream's back? Let me put it this way. Studio Series Starscream is an AMAZING figure, and no one can deny it's the best rendition of that character we've gotten from the movies in toy form. However, its arms, legs, and much of its torso don't really form any appreciable part of the jet mode either. They just hide a little better underneath, as is the case with the vast majority of air and jet craft Transformers, but somehow that's okay? Who cares if you can pull off the top of the tetra jet and still have a Starscream that's missing several pieces of his silhouette while still having a head, a torso, two arms, and two legs?
Wolfman Jake - Spendin' the day howlin' away.
Wolfman Jake
News Staff
News Credits: 40
Alt Mode: Wolf
Strength: 6
Endurance: 8
Courage: 9
Firepower: 2
Skill: 8

Postby Hellscream9999 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:11 pm

Motto: "Never forgive, never forget."
Weapon: Black Magic
Wolfman Jake wrote:That "goblin glider" pic of SIEGE Starscream hits home how much people are over-reacting to his transformation scheme. Yes, that's recognizably still Starscream if you pull off his wings, but he's supposed to have those on his back, along with his shoulder pauldrons. (Where did those go in this picture anyway? If you were going to pull them off for a specific look for the "glider," why not try to put them back on the robot mode?)

Why is it so weird that the part of the alt mode that most looks like wings on an Earth-mode airplane is what ends up as the iconic wings on Starscream's back? Let me put it this way. Studio Series Starscream is an AMAZING figure, and no one can deny it's the best rendition of that character we've gotten from the movies in toy form. However, its arms, legs, and much of its torso don't really form any appreciable part of the jet mode either. They just hide a little better underneath, as is the case with the vast majority of air and jet craft Transformers, but somehow that's okay? Who cares if you can pull off the top of the tetra jet and still have a Starscream that's missing several pieces of his silhouette while still having a head, a torso, two arms, and two legs?

Sounds like you're over-reacting; he's just trying to have some fun with his toy for kids; it's a humorous picture >:oP
*Click the pic below to see my Lego Transformers*
(Updated 3/10/17)
I am not a G1 fan, please treat my opinions as such.
william-james88 wrote:If ever Sabrblade decides to go on vacation, I am glad to know we can rely on you.
Hellscream9999
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 170
Alt Mode: Skeletal Dragon
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: ???
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Postby Wireless_Phantom » Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:14 pm

Motto: ""There is no fate, no destiny, only your will.""
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
Personally I don't mind Starscream's shell forming. I'd honestly much rather have it be one, big piece than a couple dozen tiny bits that are liable to be lost. That and how else were they going to make what is ostensibly a triangular pyramid into the classic G1 seeker design? Even back when Impossible Toys tried it (I think it was them) they were just panel heavy shell-formers. I know that I'll be glad to add these to my collection as my generations seekers.
You can trust the man who speaks in purple
Wireless_Phantom
Fuzor
News Credits: 1
Watch Wireless_Phantom on YouTube
Alt Mode: White Transmetal Dragon
Strength: 5
Speed: 10+
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10

Postby Jeddostotle7 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:17 pm

Weapon: Ion-Charge Disperser Rifle
Hellscream9999 wrote:
Wolfman Jake wrote:That "goblin glider" pic of SIEGE Starscream hits home how much people are over-reacting to his transformation scheme. Yes, that's recognizably still Starscream if you pull off his wings, but he's supposed to have those on his back, along with his shoulder pauldrons. (Where did those go in this picture anyway? If you were going to pull them off for a specific look for the "glider," why not try to put them back on the robot mode?)

Sounds like you're over-reacting; he's just trying to have some fun with his toy for kids; it's a humorous picture >:oP

I don't think Jake was really responding directly to that picture/post, more using it as a springboard to respond to the wider complaints about Siege Starscream.
G2/Action Master/obscure variant-inspired redecos and retools are my lifeblood

Looking for:
- the Headmaster head for Legends LG56 Perceptor, LG59 Blitzwing, LG22 Skullcruncher, or LG30 Weirdwolf
- Unite Warriors Computron's Lightspeed
- Perfect Effect PC-11 Computron torso/head upgrade kit
- Unite Warriors Grand Scourge
- Combiner Wars Rook and Air Raid
Jeddostotle7
Minibot
Alt Mode: Unimog off-road truck
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 6
Courage: 6
Firepower: 7

Postby Nathaniel Prime » Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:29 pm

Motto: "It doesn't matter which universe or timeline you’re from. If you’re dedicated to defending it, you’re on my side."
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
Wow, until Peaugh made his review of Siege Soundwave, I never knew that if you flip open the bottom of his box, you can find an image of his lamppost mode underneath. It's a cool little thing and I love it. Link to Peaugh's video:

https://youtu.be/tEhKVrIWF48

Also there is a Siege Starscream review as well:

https://youtu.be/D2OtGHoqSNM
Nathaniel Prime
Combiner
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Tank

Postby SGMLordMirage » Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:31 pm

See I need to be back home in Missouri. Wishful thinking, but I am keeping my eyes open here while I am in Virginia. Fingers crossed. My only current fortune, is finding SS #37 Rampage and Siege Starscream today.

SGM
Attachments
413B4F3D-1B17-48ED-A1DB-B230DA48CFE4.jpeg
Last edited by SGMLordMirage on Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SGMLordMirage
Minibot
Buy from SGMLordMirage on eBay

Postby RodimusConvoy13 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:54 pm

Motto: "Well, when I see five weirdos dressed in togas, stabbing a man in the middle of the park in full view of a hundred people, I shoot the bastards! That's MY policy!"
Weapon: Photon Blaster
SGMLordMirage wrote:See I need to be back home in Missouri. Wishful thinking, but I am keeping my eyes open here while I am in Virginia. Fingers crossed. My only current fortune, is finding SS #37 Rampage and Siege Starscream today.

SGM

Dude, you just found 2 brand new figures that have been hitting stores for less than a week. You’re acting like you haven’t found anything. >:oP
"One of them even took the time to smear, “Fans are TeH SUCK!!!” in poop all over my windshield!"

Counterpunch
RodimusConvoy13
Gestalt
News Credits: 194
Intelligence: 8

Postby SGMLordMirage » Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:02 pm

Very true and probably misspoken or the choice of words. It’s hard to tell depending on how many people post pictures of what they find. Guess I took that one for granted. I will say I am very happy with what I found, though I will say I am anxious to see Soundwave in person and OP from the Bumblebee MOvie. Thanks you Rodimus Prime 13!
SGMLordMirage
Minibot
Buy from SGMLordMirage on eBay

Postby TulioDude » Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:05 pm

Motto: "Never doubt the awesomess."
Weapon: Energo-Sword
Sabrblade wrote:
Flashwave wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
TulioDude wrote:
Wireless_Phantom wrote:Come on now give us Drift from Springer!

This is a great idea to bring more movie inspired parts to the toyline!

But in Drift's case, its bringing IDW verse to an old school G1 setting, not movie inspired. Eslecially since it reflects the decepticon aspect which is not a big part of the movie character.

But IDW Drift (Deadlock) was not a Triple Chsnger, so a Springer redeco would be more in line with Movie Drift, than IDW. Although their safest bet would probably be to do an amalgamation of them and give us the triple changer as IDW Drift.

Or Deadlock. I could use him as a seperate chsracter. Nice color scheme =P~
The point of making Drift out of Springer is because of Guidi having done another piece of fanart of G1 Drift (well, Deadlock) from Springer:

I say if they going to bring Barricade and give the Cybertron series armor to Optimus,why not go all in?
I wouldn't be much surprised Bulkhead and Lockdown appear latter on.
Silverwing wrote:Also, I feel compelled to give the obligatory: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay:
One for each year of the Movieverse's decade strong tenure. Here's to a few more explosive years!

Here is my DeviantArt page and my Tumblr blog.
TulioDude
Godmaster
News Credits: 3
Speed: 5
Courage: 8
Firepower: 8
Skill: 7

Siege Soundwave's official lamppost mode is hidden on the box, plus new codes

Postby Emerje » Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:37 pm

Motto: "*Shrug*"
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
By now you're probably familiar with the hidden codes and images on the sides of of some War for Cybertron: Siege boxes that can be found through the use of UV lights. For the most part the light only reveals added details to the character art, faction symbols, and the character's name. But for the first time we're getting a true Easter egg hidden on the box.

Thanks to TFW2005 user Robots78 we're seeing official line art for Soundwave's lamppost mode behind the code "lamppost" in Cybertronian. This is the first time Hasbro has officially depicted the lamppost mode, though it was also hidden in the display diorama at New York Comic Con, but at the time it just seemed like John Warden was having a little fun with the figure. Incidentally, wave mate Starscream's code is "null-ray".

But that wasn't the only place the image was hidden. If you don't have a UV light handy then simply undo the bottom of the package as Hasbro also hid the image on one of the side flaps under there. For now the cassette player mode remains unofficial.

So what do you think of the updated lamppost mode? Vast improvement or not as good as the original? Sound off in the Energon Pub forums below!
Emerje
News Staff
News Credits: 92
Alt Mode: Lobster Moose
Firepower: 3
Skill: 6

Postby Wolfman Jake » Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:45 pm

-Edward Hoagland"
Jeddostotle7 wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:

I don't think Jake was really responding directly to that picture/post, more using it as a springboard to respond to the wider complaints about Siege Starscream.

Thanks, Jettostotle7, that's exactly what my intent was. The picture is funny. I just used it as a starting point to talk about my view of the figure in contrast to the issues other people perceive with it.
Wolfman Jake
News Staff

Postby RodimusConvoy13 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:02 am

Motto: "Well, when I see five weirdos dressed in togas, stabbing a man in the middle of the park in full view of a hundred people, I shoot the bastards! That's MY policy!"
Weapon: Photon Blaster
Did some late night toy hunting and found the wave 2 deluxes. Picked up Ironhide. He’s really cool so far. Only messed with him for 5 minutes. It’s like 1 in the morning. I-)
"One of them even took the time to smear, “Fans are TeH SUCK!!!” in poop all over my windshield!"

Counterpunch
RodimusConvoy13
Gestalt
News Credits: 194

Postby Wolfman Jake » Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:17 am

-Edward Hoagland"
RodimusConvoy13 wrote:Did some late night toy hunting and found the wave 2 deluxes. Picked up Ironhide. He’s really cool so far. Only messed with him for 5 minutes. It’s like 1 in the morning. I-)

When you're awake again in the morning, could you snap a few size comparisons shots, preferably with Optimus Prime and Sideswipe? I want to see how well Ironhide fits in between the two in terms of his height.
Wolfman Jake
News Staff

Postby Gemstonegemini » Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:43 am

Weapon: High-Energy Particle Beam Rifle
That drift picture definitely piques my curiosity. I hope they do him in his red/white true Drift colours, rather than his Deadlock Decepticon body, so that he can finally join my Lost Light crew. (Go on Hasbro, make a Rung figure, I dare you. :twisted: )
Gemstonegemini
Mini-Con
Alt Mode: Lil jet
Strength: 4
Speed: 9
Courage: 5
Firepower: 4

Postby Nemesis Primal » Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:06 am

Motto: "Anything worth doing is worth suffering for."
Weapon: Flamethrower Cannons
Gemstonegemini wrote:That drift picture definitely piques my curiosity. I hope they do him in his red/white true Drift colours, rather than his Deadlock Decepticon body, so that he can finally join my Lost Light crew. (Go on Hasbro, make a Rung figure, I dare you. :twisted: )

I'm personally the opposite: while I won't be disappointed or put off if they make it in Drift colors, I would prefer to get a new Deadlock, as the only official figure of Drift as Deadlock in existence so far was a Takara Legends figure, it would help fill out the Decepticon ranks, and it would work timeline-wise for him to still be a Con pre-Earth.
Burn wrote:You're my new favourite person. 8-)
Nemesis Primal
Fuzor
News Credits: 4
Alt Mode: Transmetal Velociraptor
Courage: 7
Firepower: 9
Skill: 7

Postby Carnivius_Prime » Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:40 am

Motto: "A cunning smile is more devastating than the fiercest weapon."
Weapon: Anti-Thermal Cannon
leggy lamppost...
I have anxiety, depression and aspergers syndrome so my behaviour can be erratic. I don't mean offense to anyone. Just very picky about my Transformers collecting. You're all cool! :)

Likes: Bayverse, Marvel UK G1, Geoff Senior art, '86 movie (more for style/soundtrack rather than Star Wars plot)
Dislikes: Bumblebee movie (lousy rehashed dumb crud), TFA, G1 cartoon, IDW G1, BW/BM, MP. The entire concept of Autobot Megatron
Carnivius_Prime
City Commander

Postby Ironhidensh » Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:16 am

Motto: "Tell those damned kids to stay off my lawn!!!"
Weapon: Big Cannon
carytheone wrote:I got a question for you Siege Soundwave owners. Is the tape deck door damage painted on or molded in? Also is it on the inside of the door?

It is painted on the front of the door.
Photobucket can die now.

Leonardo wrote:Take your lips off my pipe!
Ironhidensh
Faction Commander
News Credits: 22
Buy from Ironhidensh on eBay
Strength: 10+

Postby -Kanrabat- » Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:38 am

Motto: "Love it? GET IT!
It's that simple."
Weapon: Mace
Soundwave's lamppost mode may just be a happy coincidence. One guy at HasTak fan-transformed it for fun and the crew said "AH! Why not?" and made if official. :lol:
♥♥♥ Love is in the air ♥♥♥

-Kanrabat-
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 18
Buy from -Kanrabat- on eBay
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Postby AllNewSuperRobot » Thu Mar 07, 2019 5:15 am

Motto: "Guilty or Innocent?
Always Guilty..."
Weapon: Particle Beam Cannon
Gemstonegemini wrote:That drift picture definitely piques my curiosity. I hope they do him in his red/white true Drift colours, rather than his Deadlock Decepticon body, so that he can finally join my Lost Light crew. (Go on Hasbro, make a Rung figure, I dare you. :twisted: )

I believe they already did >:oP

Old IDWverse continuity is dead, though. I doubt they'll go back to it in toy form now.
AllNewSuperRobot
Brainmaster
Alt Mode: Special Beam Cannon
Strength: 8
Firepower: ???

Postby blackeyedprime » Thu Mar 07, 2019 5:20 am

Motto: "Me Grimlock, you slag."
I'm still picking a soundwave up (its hard to pass on any soundwave, I even had the titanium -but not the baynus sattelite, some lows even I wont stoop to :p) but if the bits fall off that easy like in the review it will be a big negative.

Would be nice if ehobby (or some one muuuch cheaper) did a G1 barricade, the not quite earth/cybertron siege car modes dont work for me. Howevever for siege springer id pick up an evil version if they go the deadlock route for him.

Starscreams alt looks better not attached to the body but mine will be in robot mode anyhoos with the classics being in jet mode (last time I transformed them the feet didn't feel healthy/under stress).
blackeyedprime
Combiner
News Credits: 4
Alt Mode: a spoon
Strength: 3
Speed: 5
Skill: 6

Postby AllNewSuperRobot » Thu Mar 07, 2019 5:23 am

Motto: "Guilty or Innocent?
Always Guilty..."
Personally I would be interested in seeing The Masterpiece line handle Tetrajets. Given their pointless backpeddling to "cartoon accuracy" it would make sense to create a piece based on the Seekers very first appearance. Whereas people seem to classify SIEGE Starscream as a 'Shellformer', I doubt the same could be said for a MP equivalent.
AllNewSuperRobot
Brainmaster
Alt Mode: Special Beam Cannon
Strength: 8
Firepower: ???

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Grotusque and Scorponok Deluxe Action Figure Exclusive Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series Number 14 Voyager Class Autobot Ironhide" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Terrorcon Blot" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Repugnus, Dastard, and Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Twin Twist and Flameout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Titan Class Predaking" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Titans Return Legends Class Seaspray" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Victorion Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Decepticon Octone and Murk" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Brawn" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #221 - Appliance Wars
Twincast / Podcast #221:
"Appliance Wars"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, April 14th, 2019

New Items on eBay

Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars G2 Onslaught Decepticon Bruticus" on EBAY
Buy "RARE JAPANESE TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS WHEELIE AUTOBOT FIGURE MINT IN PACKAGE" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Walmart Reissue Warpath & Gears Generation One Legends Minibots" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Studio Series SHATTER 40 Bumblebee Movie  MISB 2019 Hasbro Nice????" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers g1 seeker henkei classics universe starscream great shape" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers g1 seeker henkei classics dirge great shape" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers g1 seeker henkei classics thrust great shape" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers g1 seeker henkei classics ramjet great shape" on EBAY