Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Discussion Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Discussion Thread

Postby Latebrus-K » Sat May 04, 2019 8:04 pm

IMG_1379.PNG
DerrikDGreat wrote:Is it just me or was the Optimus at the far right of character select the Bumblebee movie version?

It 100% was.
Latebrus-K
Fuzor

Postby TAAO » Sat May 04, 2019 9:57 pm

TrypticonCarne wrote:
SGMLordMirage wrote:After watching the video again from Chuckdawg and listening to his comments, I looked over my Galaxy Upgrade Optimus Prime alittle more. Honestly after i got him to my office, I just opened it up and posed him and put him in place. I will say, mine does a at least have one loose leg. If you hold it up like Chuck does and shake it, the right leg on mine dangles so to speak.
I will add that in vehicle mode, the non painted wheels is not appealing and perhaps Toyhax will come out with something.
But all in all, still a cool figure in my opinion. I don’t own Ultra Magnus, so that would be a cool photo to see.
Who knows, may get him now.

SGM

Look closely at the detailing where the wheels are...LOOK CLOSER and you will see THEY ARE NOT WHEELS

Actually, yea, they kinda are. They're at least meant to be, otherwise they would not have been molded and painted as such on the other side.
TAAO
Mini-Con

Postby Nathaniel Prime » Sun May 05, 2019 10:06 am

Motto: "The only difference between a hero and the villain is that the villain chooses to use that power in a way that is selfish and hurts other people."
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
TAAO wrote:
TrypticonCarne wrote:
SGMLordMirage wrote:After watching the video again from Chuckdawg and listening to his comments, I looked over my Galaxy Upgrade Optimus Prime alittle more. Honestly after i got him to my office, I just opened it up and posed him and put him in place. I will say, mine does a at least have one loose leg. If you hold it up like Chuck does and shake it, the right leg on mine dangles so to speak.
I will add that in vehicle mode, the non painted wheels is not appealing and perhaps Toyhax will come out with something.
But all in all, still a cool figure in my opinion. I don’t own Ultra Magnus, so that would be a cool photo to see.
Who knows, may get him now.

SGM

Look closely at the detailing where the wheels are...LOOK CLOSER and you will see THEY ARE NOT WHEELS

Actually, yea, they kinda are. They're at least meant to be, otherwise they would not have been molded and painted as such on the other side.

The wheels are faux parts. On the original, the actual wheels would be on the wings, but on the Siege figure, since the actual wheels end up on his legs instead of the wings, they had to put fake wheels on the wings to keep the look of the original. In truck mode, the other side is not painted because that would have detracted from the look of the original
"When I'm gone, people will look to the stars, and see me smiling devilishly down at them"
Nathaniel Prime
Gestalt Team Leader
News Credits: 56
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Tank
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 9

Postby TAAO » Sun May 05, 2019 11:59 am

I don't disagree with you, but I'm looking at both of them side-by-side right now and the biggest detraction is the missing front wheel and the huge gap. At least if the front wheel were pushed back a bit, it wouldn't be so glaring. Great toy nonetheless.
TAAO
Mini-Con

Postby Microbot » Sun May 05, 2019 12:53 pm

Any clue about Ratchet will be a repaint of Ironhide or maybe a new mold?
Microbot
Minibot
News Credits: 2

Postby DeathReviews » Sun May 05, 2019 2:55 pm

Motto: "No matter where you go, always remember, I'm right behind you!

https://www.youtube.com/c/DeathReviews"
Wow. Siege Starscream kicks butt.
"No matter where you go or what you do, always remember, I'm right behind you!" - Death

Click - Like - Subscribe - Awesome!
DeathReviews
Pretender
News Credits: 20
Watch DeathReviews on YouTube
Strength: ???
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: ???
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: ???

Postby Nemesis Primal » Sun May 05, 2019 3:20 pm

Motto: "Anything worth doing is worth suffering for."
Weapon: Flamethrower Cannons
Microbot wrote:Any clue about Ratchet will be a repaint of Ironhide or maybe a new mold?

According to TFWiki, Ratchet has made an appearance in the current comic now in his new figure's design, which shows him to be an Ironhide retool like we all thought, but I can't find any pictures of it online so far.
Burn wrote:You're my new favourite person. 8-)
Nemesis Primal
Combiner
News Credits: 10
Alt Mode: Transmetal Velociraptor
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Endurance: 8
Courage: 7
Firepower: 9
Skill: 7

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Sun May 05, 2019 7:21 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Star Saber Sword
Microbot wrote:Any clue about Ratchet will be a repaint of Ironhide or maybe a new mold?

He'll probably be a head retool of Ironhide, maybe with a new lightbar to tab onto his roof.

From the looks of the comic, he will have a black chevron on top.
Have Transformers News? Contact us HERE!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
News Admin
News Credits: 1465
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Indominus Rex
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Postby Stargrave » Sun May 05, 2019 7:35 pm

Motto: "It’s all the in the reflexes"
Weapon: Glass Gas Gun
The more I play with Galaxy Upgrade Prime the more he seems like the perfect opportunity to retool into an IDW Nova Prime.
Stargrave
News Staff
News Credits: 333
Alt Mode: A left leg
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 4
Skill: 2

Postby TAAO » Sun May 05, 2019 10:05 pm

I wouldn't be surprised if the Galaxy Upgrade Prime gets retooled into the RID firetruck. The basic layout is already there, and it seems quite a few are clamoring for some nostalgia since the series is almost 20 years old. I, myself think it's about time we got some modern updates. Unless I'm mistaken, I think Sky-byte is the only one to receive an update so far. Obviously I'm not counting the obvious homage in Siege Ultra Magnus.
TAAO
Mini-Con

Postby Sunstar » Sun May 05, 2019 11:02 pm

Motto: "All hail Lord Starscream"
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
Ya! Way to go Screamer! Clock those bots! :CON:
"We, Decepticons, are a swell bunch. And boy do we have fun." - Starscream
"You're one of...those, Never understood why any self respecting Decepticon would choose auto-mobile as his vehicle mode when he could have flight." - Starscream
"For a guy hearing voices of the dead, you've got a pretty insensitive view of Mental Health" - Bumblebee
Starscream's Shrine ~ Fan Art ~Collection~Sunstar's Discord - join today!
Sunstar
Gestalt
News Credits: 38
Alt Mode: Tetra Jet
Strength: 8
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 9
Courage: 7

Postby Rodimus Prime » Mon May 06, 2019 11:50 am

TAAO wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if the Galaxy Upgrade Prime gets retooled into the RID firetruck. The basic layout is already there, and it seems quite a few are clamoring for some nostalgia since the series is almost 20 years old. I, myself think it's about time we got some modern updates. Unless I'm mistaken, I think Sky-byte is the only one to receive an update so far. Obviously I'm not counting the obvious homage in Siege Ultra Magnus.
If that was going to happen, they should have done Fire Convoy first, and retooled Galaxy Convoy from him. That way he would have matched with Magnus and Car Robots was released before Galaxy Force.
Burn wrote:Alpha Bravo...He's a helicopter in a team of jets. That's just dumb.

My fanfics:
disaster-transport--p1927519.php#p1927519
the-bad-seed--p1909021.php#p1909021
stories-from-a-wild-and-crazy-con--t109626.php
Rodimus Prime
Site Moderator
News Credits: 19

Postby Stargrave » Mon May 06, 2019 11:54 am

A tiny screwdriver gently worked through the opening on Ironhide’s leg panel helps the peg fit more snuggly in the hole and it’s not as liable to fall right off.
Stargrave
News Staff

Postby Stargrave » Mon May 06, 2019 1:50 pm

Found a cool use for my old Star Wars Transformers lightsabers...
Attachments
FD957774-B5BD-4BEE-86B8-6DFED96B454B.jpeg
Stargrave
News Staff

Postby Ironhidensh » Mon May 06, 2019 4:42 pm

Motto: "Tell those damned kids to stay off my lawn!!!"
Weapon: Big Cannon
TAAO wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if the Galaxy Upgrade Prime gets retooled into the RID firetruck. The basic layout is already there, and it seems quite a few are clamoring for some nostalgia since the series is almost 20 years old. I, myself think it's about time we got some modern updates. Unless I'm mistaken, I think Sky-byte is the only one to receive an update so far. Obviously I'm not counting the obvious homage in Siege Ultra Magnus.

Yeah, if they bastardize one of my all time favorite primes into that shittastic Siege "leader" mold, I'm going to set **** on fire.
Card carrying grumpy old man.

Leonardo wrote:Take your lips off my pipe!
Ironhidensh
Faction Commander
News Credits: 25
Buy from Ironhidensh on eBay
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 4
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10+

Postby Latebrus-K » Mon May 06, 2019 4:58 pm

00Stargrave00 wrote:The more I play with Galaxy Upgrade Prime the more he seems like the perfect opportunity to retool into an IDW Nova Prime.

I’m tempted to get Galaxy Prime just to do this. This is not healthy.

Anyone have a scale pic of Galaxy Prime and TR Sentinel?
Latebrus-K
Fuzor

Postby Stargrave » Mon May 06, 2019 5:43 pm

Got it.
Attachments
IMG_0096.JPG
Stargrave
News Staff

Postby Stargrave » Mon May 06, 2019 6:34 pm

I posted one just waiting for it to be approved
Stargrave
News Staff

Postby Wolfman Jake » Mon May 06, 2019 10:35 pm

Motto: ""A mountain with a wolf on it stands a little taller."
-Edward Hoagland"
Weapon: Retractable Mecha-Fangs
00Stargrave00 wrote:A tiny screwdriver gently worked through the opening on Ironhide’s leg panel helps the peg fit more snuggly in the hole and it’s not as liable to fall right off.

It's definitely helped my copy of the figure. The flaps are still easily removeable with a minimum of force, but they don't just fall off at the slightest touch now. I was able to transform Ironhide into alt mode without any problems. When transforming him back, however, one of the leg/side panels did pop off, but I think that had more to do with the pressure I needed to use to untab the panel. I tried again and was able to get it to untab while not upsetting the friction hinge. I was surprised that widening the holes just slightly was enough to have an appreciable effect, and the plastic wasn't even stressed, which was a concern of mine before trying this fix.
Wolfman Jake - Spendin' the day howlin' away.
Wolfman Jake
News Staff
News Credits: 60
Alt Mode: Wolf
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 10
Endurance: 8
Courage: 9
Firepower: 2

Postby Stargrave » Mon May 06, 2019 10:51 pm

I know it seems totally counterintuitive. Just be careful everyone! Like the Voyager Starscream running fix with his chest plate, they should have put a pin in those leg panels.
Stargrave
News Staff

Postby Jeddostotle7 » Tue May 07, 2019 1:29 am

Weapon: Ion-Charge Disperser Rifle
00Stargrave00 wrote:I know it seems totally counterintuitive. Just be careful everyone! Like the Voyager Starscream running fix with his chest plate, they should have put a pin in those leg panels.

That Starscream running change was confirmed to be a hoax a while ago. Someone modified their copy of the figure and claimed that it was a running change when it actually wasn't.
G2/Action Master/obscure variant-inspired redecos and retools are my lifeblood

Looking for:
- the Headmaster head for Legends LG56 Perceptor, LG59 Blitzwing, LG22 Skullcruncher, or LG30 Weirdwolf
- Unite Warriors Computron's Lightspeed
- Perfect Effect PC-11 Computron torso/head upgrade kit
- Unite Warriors Grand Scourge
- Combiner Wars Air Raid
- rifle and shoulder guns from Siege Bluestreak
- right arm from Earthrise Leader OP
Jeddostotle7
Fuzor
Alt Mode: real full-size version of truck from LEGO City 60183 Heavy Cargo Transport
Strength: 7
Endurance: 6
Courage: 5
Firepower: 7

Postby Latebrus-K » Tue May 07, 2019 6:27 am

00Stargrave00 wrote:Got it.

Thank you! I was afraid Sentinel would be taller... man the leaders in this line are tiny :P
Latebrus-K
Fuzor

Postby AcademyofDrX » Tue May 07, 2019 7:04 am

00Stargrave00 wrote:I know it seems totally counterintuitive. Just be careful everyone! Like the Voyager Starscream running fix with his chest plate, they should have put a pin in those leg panels.

I wouldn't want a pin in the leg panels. Sure, I don't like them coming loose so easily, but I wouldn't want the risk of broken parts. Overall, I think it's a very minor issue.
AcademyofDrX
Vehicon
News Credits: 1
Alt Mode: Starfighter
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 4
Endurance: 3
Courage: 6
Firepower: 1
Skill: 7

Postby Microbot » Tue May 07, 2019 6:11 pm

Thanks for the replies. And if the Galaxy Prime will be a retool/repaint for Solo Prime/nemesis will be great and a good reason to buy it...actually I really don't like this figure. Any hope for bumblebee or other cybertronians, like Kup or Arcee maybe? I really like this line, it's awesome! Maybe the Dinobots too...will be cool!
Microbot
Minibot
News Credits: 2

Postby Stargrave » Tue May 07, 2019 11:02 pm

Wolfman Jake wrote:I'm really digging the repainted silver shoulder launcher and missile on G2 sideswipe. I'm going to swap them over to the regular "G1" Siege Sideswipe and give the black cannon with red missile to G2 Sideswipe. That'll sooth my "show accuracy" needs. The black and red will still match with G2 Sideswipe, and the original G2 didn't have that shoulder launcher anyway, but a different neon green gun with elongated blue missile.

I'm tempted to get a second set to do something similar for the upcoming Siege Red Alert (since he doesn't come with any shoulder launcher accessories), but I don't know what I'd do with an extra G2 Sideswipe and Slamdance. $50 is a lot of money for an just accessory for an action figure.

Hey Wolfman the same missile color issue was bugging me too, even moreso with Hound's rocket launcher with no rocket. I don't want a G2 Sideswipe but for a second I was like, man, but that missile color...For Hound I went through all my old plastic missiles and found a grey one and sanded it down to a point and it works great. If anyone saves all their old missiles from toy lines long past I think most of 'em are approximately our beloved 5mm peg size. A little sanding and patience and you can do an easy custom that fills that gap.
Stargrave
News Staff

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Tailgate" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Slug" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Energon Igniters Nitro Bumblebee Action Figure - Included Core Powers Driving Action - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 7-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Elita-1" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Terrorcon Blot" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Windblade and Scorchfire" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Battle Core Optimus Prime Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Armada Megatron Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Steeljaw Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Alchemist Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #240 - Ramping Up
Twincast / Podcast #240:
"Ramping Up"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, February 9th, 2020

New Items on eBay

Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Optimus Prime vs Megatron" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Transformers United UN24 Warpath Generations Deluxe class" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Siege War For Cybertron Chromia Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege War For Cybertron SMOKESCREEN Complete WFC Generations Select" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers  Robots in Disguise Megatron Voyager Classics  2006 Hasbro w/Manual" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers 630509396436 Combiner Wars Victorion Robot Soft Vinyl Doll" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations Universe Classic Deluxe Class: Starscream" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Hunt For The Decepticons HFTD Battle Blade Bumblebee Complete" on EBAY