This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Discussion Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Discussion Thread

Postby wolverinetodd » Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:18 am

Motto: "Shoot multiple times first... ask questions NEVER!"
Weapon: Double-Shot Missile Launcher
Microbot wrote:Wow!! Astrotrain is great!!!! Love al 3!!!
Just crosshair is a little a delusion...just an Ironhide repaint....

So is Siege Ratchet.

I think a lot of fans were expecting Crosshairs to be repainted from the Titans Return Deluxe Class Kup mold. But then Crosshairs would've had a Titan Master for a head and then fans would've wanted Sureshot and Pointblank to be made with Titan Masters for heads as well and Hasbro was already moving towards a new line by then. So in all honesty, this mold is the perfect mold for Crosshairs, being futuristic and Cybertronian, thus opening the door for figures of Sureshot and Pointblank to be released in this WFC trilogy.
wolverinetodd
Vehicon
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 9
Endurance: 5
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 5

Postby william-james88 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:19 am

Motto: "'till All Are One"
o.supreme wrote:great reveals, no doubt, but the news has me a little confused....Spinister was part of the fan poll (which a winner is not supposed to be announced until sometime in July...but I guess we know who the winner is... :lol: )

Wrong fan poll
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4498
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby ZeroWolf » Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:19 am

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
o.supreme wrote:great reveals, no doubt, but the news has me a little confused....Spinister was part of the fan poll (which a winner is not supposed to be announced until sometime in July...but I guess we know who the winner is... :lol: ) also, that fan poll was for a 2020 release, these all say 12/01/19.

So...are these late entries in the Siege line, or early ones for the 2020 *Armageddon* line?

ZeroWolf wrote:OK I'm confused now. Hasbro moved to the one line a year idea with Siege hitting at the end of last year...which is when these are supposed to hit. So the last wave of Siege? Or are these the first reveals of the post Siege line? Given how potp went, I assumed that the next part of the trilogy would hit in December

great minds think alike ;)

Hah very true!

Realised I never commented on the figures.

I like Astro Train, nice to have the train alt mode looking like a train (though his TR release was more alien in design. Spinster looks great fun, and I'm keen to see where the faux cockpit goes in alt mode. Ape Face is stunning in all modes and it's nice to see the titan masters again.

Crosshairs is sadly a little boring to me but it's good that he's there for those who want him!
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
News Credits: 1350

Postby jruss1975 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:20 am

I am a very strong YES to Astrotrain, a maybe/possibly to Apeface, and as for the other two... no flippin' way.
jruss1975
Mini-Con
Buy from jruss1975 on eBay

Postby Stargrave » Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:21 am

Motto: "It’s all the in the reflexes"
Weapon: Glass Gas Gun
So much awesomeness!

And Will I don’t think you’re a downer at all I think you make good points. For me the reimagined tetrajet just works and is fun to transform I’m totally going off personal preference. And me and my older brother it was always like he had Skywarp and Sideswipe I had Starscream and Sunstreaker it just takes me back :D
Stargrave
Godmaster
News Credits: 340
Alt Mode: A left leg
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 6
Firepower: 4
Skill: 2

Postby william-james88 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:22 am

00Stargrave00 wrote:So much awesomeness!

And Will I don’t think you’re a downer at all I think you make good points. For me the reimagined tetrajet just works and is fun to transform I’m totally going off personal preference. And me and my older brother it was always like he had Skywarp and Sideswipe I had Starscream and Sunstreaker it just takes me back :D

While I do take issue with the shape, my criticism here was more with the colours.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,

william-james88
News Staff

Postby o.supreme » Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:23 am

Motto: "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes"
william-james88 wrote:
o.supreme wrote:great reveals, no doubt, but the news has me a little confused....Spinister was part of the fan poll (which a winner is not supposed to be announced until sometime in July...but I guess we know who the winner is... :lol: )

Wrong fan poll

:oops: Darn...One wonders how you could get Spinister & Needlenose confused...Just showing my lack of knowledge of the 1988 line, even though I have both from the TFCC Thunder Mayhem Squad ;) . Keeping these as late Siege (wave 5?) works for me. The reveals are nice, but makes me more excited for what Hasbro will reveal at SDCC for the 2020 line.
Bucket/Want List: Botcon 2016 Customization Class Ratchet (G2 Deco), or Customization Class Ratchet (Marvel Comics Deco) **would also be willing to pay for an Unpainted Botcon 2016 Ratchet, TT Legends Fortress Head (only) with working Electronics

Wish List of Modern Combiners: Road Caesar, Monstructor & Dinoking (proper size to fiction), Landcross, Guard City, Battle Gaia, & G2 Defensor. Wish List of Titans:Metrotitan,Majin Zarak
o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 55
Watch o.supreme on YouTube
Buy from o.supreme on eBay

Postby Bucky » Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:28 am

Weapon: Hip-Mounted Launchers
Whoooh! Exciting! Those are some nice looking Decepticons. Having a leader class Astrotrain will be great, and in my opinion a huge improvement on his TR Voyager toy. Not just in terms of scale, but also aesthetics. I’m immensely excited for Apeface and Spasma, as I’m a huge fan of headmasters, and the Horrorcons in particular. Spinister is a get. :CON:

Crosshairs is just a liiiittle disappointing. I wouldn’t have expected that mold to be used for his character. Don’t get me wrong, I’m a fan of the mold, and am definitely going to be picking up Ratchet when he comes out. But that’s mostly because Ratchet is my favorite Autobot. Hands down. It’s just that if they had mentioned that Crosshairs was going to be coming out, that mold isn’t what I would have pictured. Still it’s nice that his character is getting some love.
Bucky
Vehicon
News Credits: 7
Alt Mode: Cassette
Strength: 5
Speed: 8
Endurance: 6
Courage: 5
Firepower: 6
Skill: 6

Postby WeatherManNX01 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:37 am

Motto: "I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me."
Will I buy Astrotrain again? For a better train mode, heck yeah I will. This is definitely a better overall figure than the Titans Return version, though I might have preferred him to be Voyager sized. I can live with that, though.

The other three all look great, and all will be welcome additions.
WeatherManNX01
Combiner
Buy from WeatherManNX01 on eBay

Postby PushYouDown » Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:41 am

Spinister and Apeface are super cool. I like Astrotrain..but probably won't spend 50$ on a figure that I have a decent version of already (I like the TR one just fine).
I nothing Crosshairs.... will probably skip.

These guys are still all under the "Siege" name right? When does the next part of the Trilogy start?
This means we have two more waves coming to retail (counting these figures) under that banner?
PushYouDown
Mini-Con
Buy from PushYouDown on eBay

Postby ZeroWolf » Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:43 am

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
I was under the presumption that the next part of the trilogy would be out end of this year beginning of next... Which is when these are due out...
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
News Credits: 1350

Postby william-james88 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:46 am

ZeroWolf wrote:I was under the presumption that the next part of the trilogy would be out end of this year beginning of next... Which is when these are due out...

These are due end of this year. Their official release date is still in 2019 while the second part of the trilogy would be in 2020.

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Immortal Starscream » Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:47 am

HOLY HANDGRENADES OF ANTIOK BATMAN! :BOOM: I may finally replace my classics astrotrain. these are all fantastic. except for the ironhide repaint. sadly looks like I cant use my titan master apeface with the new one. not a big deal though. seriously hasbro your killing me with these! soooooo much money.

don't stop though...

"They're playing with him... and when they're done they're going to play with me.... OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!"
Immortal Starscream
Headmaster
News Credits: 18

Postby Chriphord » Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:59 am

Motto: "You've got to put the bananas away, before you die."
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
Why wouldn't you be able to? It is a titan master head that this voyager Apeface has. (And with that can I just say how much I love them using the same engineering for combiners and headmasters over multiple lines?)
Chriphord
Minibot
News Credits: 4
Buy from Chriphord on eBay
Alt Mode: Big Red Dog
Strength: 6
Intelligence: Infinity
Endurance: 6
Firepower: 7
Skill: 10

Postby Autobot N » Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:02 pm

Motto: "Fate rarely calls upon us at our moment of choosing."
Weapon: Electro-Sword
unicron1200 wrote:(And with that can I just say how much I love them using the same engineering for combiners and headmasters over multiple lines?)
Hey, if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.
Check out my collection thread!
Autobot N
City Commander
News Credits: 42
Alt Mode: Police Motorcycle
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 4
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Postby o.supreme » Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:04 pm

Motto: "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes"
Thinking Logistically Siege has been (more or less)...

Wave 1/Q1 (January 2019)
Wave 2/Q2 (April 2019)
Wave 3/Q3 (July 2019)
*presumably*
Wave 4/Q4 (October 2019)

If they now try to throw in a 5th wave at the end of 2019...does this mean the 2020 line gets pushed back to starting in Spring/Q2 of 2020, or are these wave 5 releases going to be very limited and extremely hard to find tail enders echoing the woes of past lines??
Bucket/Want List: Botcon 2016 Customization Class Ratchet (G2 Deco), or Customization Class Ratchet (Marvel Comics Deco) **would also be willing to pay for an Unpainted Botcon 2016 Ratchet, TT Legends Fortress Head (only) with working Electronics

Wish List of Modern Combiners: Road Caesar, Monstructor & Dinoking (proper size to fiction), Landcross, Guard City, Battle Gaia, & G2 Defensor. Wish List of Titans:Metrotitan,Majin Zarak
o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 55
Watch o.supreme on YouTube
Buy from o.supreme on eBay

Postby Randomhero » Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:12 pm

Well I’ll eat my hat and admit I was wrong about astrotrain and apeface being just rumors and I couldn’t be happier. Always happy to be wrong and yet more figures HOWEVER...what the $&%# was the point of the fan vote if spinister is there and Wheeljack is on other chrxters art?!?!
Randomhero
Gestalt
News Credits: 3

Postby joevill » Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:12 pm

Motto: "For Seibertron!"
Weapon: Sword
These look pretty bad ass!
joevill
Transmetal Warrior
News Credits: 11
Watch joevill on YouTube
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 5
Firepower: 5
Skill: 5

Postby Nathaniel Prime » Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:12 pm

Motto: "Scale is also like Starscream in the G1 movie in that it's bad comedy."
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
o.supreme wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

Wrong fan poll

:oops: Darn...One wonders how you could get Spinister & Needlenose confused...Just showing my lack of knowledge of the 1988 line, even though I have both from the TFCC Thunder Mayhem Squad ;) . Keeping these as late Siege (wave 5?) works for me. The reveals are nice, but makes me more excited for what Hasbro will reveal at SDCC for the 2020 line.

To be fair, I bet everyone expected Spinister in the next line. I think this is the first time where the loser of a fan vote still ends up in the line.
One's red one's blue sometimes I want to ask god why he's played this cruel joke on us
Nathaniel Prime
Gestalt Team Leader
News Credits: 56
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Tank
Strength: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 9

Postby frogbat » Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:13 pm

Motto: "All my 6 nipples are tingling."
Weapon: Self-Propelled Photon Cannon
My only complaint bout astrotrain thus far is that he’s not a commander size version to go toe to toe v jetfire and that like jetfire, I already have two previous incarnations.

Crosshairs... would hope they give him a battle master add on! Was hoping for a kup repaint but this will do. Hope to acquire the g1 version one day.

Spinister- quite cool, always liked choppers. And we always need more deceptions.

Apeface... looks the part! As with crosshairs he’s been in my want list both for the original toy and for has to to give us a chug version,

So it’s an all buy for me, even though I’m avoiding repaints, crosshairs will be a buy after skipping ratchet.
My personal prime collection so far in descending order of how great i reckon the toy is -
FE Prime, Silas Breakdown (Powerizer), Dreadwing (Powerizer), FE Bulkhead, Voyager StarScream (Powerizer), Ratchet, Soundwave, Arcee, Voyager Megatron (Powerizer), Wheeljack, Thundertron (Powerizer), Ultra Magnus (Powerizer), Knockout, Cliffjumper, Bumblebee,Airachnid
frogbat
Pretender
Endurance: 7
Firepower: 5
Skill: 7

Postby Nemesis Primal » Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:16 pm

Motto: "Anything worth doing is worth suffering for."
Weapon: Twin Swords
I SAID THERE WAS MORE SIEGE TO BE REVEALED BY THE CODE NUMBERS AND NO ONE BELIEVED ME! WHO'S CRAZY NOW!

...ahem. Now that I got that out of my system, Apeface and Spinister are guaranteed buys, Crosshairs is a meh but we'll see, and Astrotrain looks amazing but doesn't bode well for my "Only buy 2 Leader figures a year at full price" policy. Also, this throws the point I made a while back about figuring out everyone's alternate heads sculpts out the window, since now we know the Ironhide mold has three head sculpts (and the verdict is still out on Skywarp). I'm really just happy about Spinister though, I was afraid we weren't going to see him for a while after he lost the poll, but now I'm hopeful for Wheeljack. Spinister and Wheeljack came second in that, right? I guess that was good enough for Hasbro to consider them safe bets.

...Also the shout-out to IDW in his write-up gives me hope for more old IDW characters again, even though I know it shouldn't.
Nemesis Primal
Godmaster
News Credits: 48
Alt Mode: Purple monkey I guess
Intelligence: 8
Endurance: 8
Courage: 7
Firepower: 9
Skill: 7

Postby william-james88 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:20 pm

Randomhero wrote:Well I’ll eat my hat and admit I was wrong about astrotrain and apeface being just rumors and I couldn’t be happier. Always happy to be wrong and yet more figures HOWEVER...what the $&%# was the point of the fan vote if spinister is there and Wheeljack is on other chrxters art?!?!

The point is that it guarantees which characters you will get. Others may happen if hasbro wants it to, but at least you can be assured that the winners will happen and happen first.
I dont see anything wrong with that. I wouldnt want to live a world where a character losing means I will never get him.

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Wolfman Jake » Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:35 pm

Motto: ""A mountain with a wolf on it stands a little taller."
-Edward Hoagland"
Weapon: Retractable Mecha-Fangs
I'm very happy to see Astrotrain and Apeface at last after that store inventory leak months ago. Astrotrain looks AMAZING, too. I loved the Legends version of the Titans Return mold already, but this one is just PERFECTION! My hope is that he's about the same size as Titans Return Blitzwing and Octane. I have a feeling that the Leader Class price point has more to do with parts count and complexity of assembly. This is almost like getting a cheap Masterpiece figure in a regular retail line.

Apeface looks great too. It looks like he's definitely compatible with the Titans Return Titan Master system. I'm pretty sure the Titan Master for robot mode fits into the back of the beast mode head to fill it out. It's not exactly how it worked in the original G1 toy, but it's close enough, without having to engineer a new kind of modern Headmaster unit with two different faces. We can only hope they've got Snapdragon waiting in the wings to be revealed too.

Spinister is not surprising, given that we found out that one of his Targetmaster buddies, Hairsplitter/Shrute, was part of the upcoming "Skywarp" gift set. I have a sneaking suspicion we might soon see a "Singe" Battle Master as well. I guess Hasbro REALLY wanted Spinister to win the fan poll last time. That makes me think that we'll be seeing a new Deluxe Class Wheeljack in the not so distant future, whether it's part of the tail-end of Siege or part of the 2020 War for Cybertron line, maybe along with Needlenose and Tracks?

Crosshairs is a very welcome surprise. The reuse of the Ironhide mold is fine. It does the job pretty well, all things considered. I hope this means we are also getting a Pinpointer Target Master as well.

Is there any indication that these are the ONLY new reveals for SDCC 2019? Or are these just a taste of what we're going to see? If nothing else, I hope we get the official reveal of the "35th Anniversary" repaint figures and the Micro Master multipack we heard about a while back.

Siege really has shaped up to be a great line for Transformers. It's just as exciting, maybe even more so, as when we were in the midst of Titans Return. More please! ;)^
Wolfman Jake - Spendin' the day howlin' away.
Wolfman Jake
Faction Commander
News Credits: 65
Alt Mode: Wolf
Intelligence: 10
Courage: 9
Firepower: 2
Skill: 8

Postby Cyber Bishop » Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:42 pm

Motto: "Ker-Klick... Choom!"
Weapon: Black Magic
I'll buy them all!
Not a sheeple.
Think for yourself, don't let the magic TV box and social media do the thinking for you.
Question EVERYTHING!!
Just because you have a youtube review channel doesn't make you special.
No, I am not friendly online or in real life.
I look forward to attending a Botcon only to settle matters with idiots in person.
Cyber Bishop
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 103
Watch Cyber Bishop on YouTube
Buy from Cyber Bishop on eBay
Alt Mode: some sort of rudimentary lathe

Postby Lunatic Prime » Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:42 pm

Motto: "For 'cons I'm annoying like a swarm of Scraplets."
Weapon: Cyber Tail Claw
Why does Spinister have two cockpits? I mean I know what the G1 figure looks like but couldn't they have just splitted it or only put it on one leg? That's AoE Snarl fake leg details 2.0. At least it looks cool :lol:

But WHY do the twin gatling guns have different colors in robot and in bot mode? And again I know what his G1 Targetmasters look like.
My customs thread [click image]:
Check out my DEVIANT ART and Twitter, too ;)

new stuff (designs, innovation, character interpretations and evolution), bots with more or less than four limbs, non-humanoid robot modes

Dislikes:
sticking to outdated stuff, ignorance, stubbornness

And I am not a completionist. I buy what I judge being cool to me.
Lunatic Prime
Headmaster
News Credits: 3
Watch Lunatic Prime on YouTube
Buy from Lunatic Prime on eBay
Alt Mode: Triplechanger - dragon and giant monowheel
Strength: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 7
Skill: 10+

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #406 Facsimile DC Comics 2023 ptg 1023DC214 406 (CA) Mazzucchelli"
BATMAN #406 Facsim ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #254 Facsimile Marvel Comics 2024 ptg JAN240730 (CA) Leonardi"
NEW!
AMAZING SPIDER-MAN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WONDER WOMAN #1 facsimile Cvr A DC Comics 2023 0923DC272 1A (CA) Peter"
WONDER WOMAN #1 fa ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ALL-STAR COMICS #3 Facsimile Cvr C blank sketch DC Comics 2023 0923DC267"
ALL-STAR COMICS #3 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ALL-AMERICAN COMICS #16 Facsimile DC Comics 2023 ptg 0823DC209 Green Lantern"
ALL-AMERICAN COMIC ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #252 Facsimile 1:25 Marvel Comics 2024 ptg OCT230972 (CA)Vess"
AMAZING SPIDER-MAN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #404 Facsimile Cvr B blank sketch DC Comics 2023 ptg 1023DC211 404B"
BATMAN #404 Facsim ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WOLVERINE #1 Limited Series Facsimile foil Marvel Comics 2023 OCT230691 Miller"
WOLVERINE #1 Limit ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DOOM PATROL #99 Facsimile DC Comics 2023 0923DC271 (W) Drake (A/CA) Brown"
DOOM PATROL #99 Fa ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WONDER WOMAN #1 facsimile Cvr C foil DC Comics 2023 0723DC814 1C (CA) Perez"
WONDER WOMAN #1 fa ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DETECTIVE COMICS #411 Facsimile Cvr A DC Comics 2024 ptg 0124DC161 (CA) Adams"
NEW!
DETECTIVE COMICS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Marvel Super Heroes SECRET WARS #4 Facsimile 1:25 Marvel Comics 2024 JAN240934"
NEW!
Marvel Super Heroe ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WOLVERINE #1 Facsimile 1:25 Marvel Comics 2024 ptg JAN240733 Bradshaw 240317D"
NEW!
WOLVERINE #1 Facsi ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ADVENTURE COMICS #260 Facsimile Cvr A DC Comics 2023 0923DC263 (CA) Swan + Kaye"
ADVENTURE COMICS # ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Tailgate" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Sludge" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Snarl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Computron Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Windblade and Scorchfire" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Elita-1" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Autobot Rewind" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Movie Anniversary Edition Optimus Prime (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Legion Autobot Twinferno" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Hyperfire and Blurr" on AMAZON