Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Discussion Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Discussion Thread

Postby transformers_va » Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:42 pm

Motto: "Victory lies in the conquest of unknown mysteries"
Weapon: Photon Cannon
Hellscream9999 wrote:It’s overly fiddly to the point of irritation to try and get everything lined up for one mode, the latch’s that are supposed to hold him together in a vehicle mode just don’t line up or don’t take

I was having a similar issue with mine too. The key for me was the grey hinge piece in Springer's lower back. When I had it pushed fully into the correct position (imo, this wasn't completely clear in the instructions), the tabs all lined up beautifully. Don't know if this the same issue that you are having, but thought I'd mention it.
transformers_va
Micromaster
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 4
Courage: 9
Firepower: 8
Skill: 9

Postby Roadbuster » Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:44 pm

Got Springer last night and while he looks awesome, even with instructions, he is a nightmare to transform. Now some of the paint on his face was damaged. (nose and beneath the lip.) :evil:
Roadbuster
Transmetal Warrior
News Credits: 6

Postby transformers_va » Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:52 pm

Motto: "Victory lies in the conquest of unknown mysteries"
Weapon: Photon Cannon
ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:Wowww. #-o :evil:
1. Black plastic dye won't fix the BLACK HEAD AND BODY. :roll: :-x
2. The plastic is not likely unpaintable.
3. You're talking out your aft with the "maybe black plastic wouldn't work QC wise" thing. Like, what kind of logic led you to that conclusion? Especially since it's not the body - you know, the part that has the potentially-delicate ball joints and which was black on Firedrive - that was supposed to be ...

Dang man, you blew up on me the other day as well. Sounds like you might be a little angry about something :shock: lol
These are Transformers Toys (keyword, toys) They are meant for us to enjoy, not to be blasting people that you might not necessarily agree with.

With that being said - I just got my Jetfire today, and he is amazing!! Hopefully everyone whose orders got delayed, get theirs soon! :D
transformers_va
Micromaster
Endurance: 4
Firepower: 8

Postby Optimum Supreme » Fri Jul 05, 2019 6:03 pm

Motto: "That's [not out yet/never came out] in my area."
Weapon: Nuclear Charged Fusion Cannon
Manterax Prime wrote:
ThunderThruster wrote:
YRQRM0 wrote:Man, I just don't get what I'm missing about this Megatron, every time I look at him he seems like the weakest mold out of Siege, but everyone seems to love him.

You're not alone. I'm quite happy with TR Megatron, so have no desire to replace him with Siege Megs.

Same here. TR Megs is a great figure.
I do want Selects Megatron, but he'll be Megaplex in my collection.

That Jetfire though....... :x

TR Megs is the weakest Megs in years, hampered by too many gimmicks (triple changer, headmaster) and crappy peeling stickers. Now, CW Megs, there's a Megs worth keeping over Siege Megs, though Siege is nice and cheaper than CW...
Optimum Supreme
Godmaster
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: ???
Speed: 2
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 7
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 4

Postby ZeldaTheSwordsman » Fri Jul 05, 2019 6:32 pm

Motto: "It's unnerving and insulting when people in a toy-based fandom, whatever it is, make statements to the effect that general consumers and fans of lesser financial means should be deprived entirely of the ability to partake of the primary market."
Weapon: Galaxial Rocket Launcher
CW Megs is oversize and, from what I understand, is overly limited in the arm articulation department.

And I guess "Hampered by gimmicks" is just slang for "Waaa (X) has a gimmick they originally didn't have and I don't like that they have it!" nowadays. :roll: As opposed to, say, things like ROTF Leader Megatron sacrificing elbow articulation so that his missile launcher trigger can hid a sound effect button in tank mode. Or poor ROTF Leader-class Jetfire.
WANT:
Energon Optimus digger, firetruck, & copter drones; super mode head
Ultra-class Optimus Primal missiles, left back panel, mutant mask
Combiner Wars Dead End or Offroad HFG, Breakdown HFG
Armada Thundercracker missile
Armada Optimus front left trailer strut, cheekguards
ROTF Jetfire "JTFR" Panels
Cybertron Safeguard
RID Ultra Magnus missiles
Vector Prime Cyber Key
Armada Jolt, Thunderclash, Clench
RID Galvatron foot/dragon head, 1x launcher/sword hilt
ZeldaTheSwordsman
Gestalt

Postby Hellscream9999 » Fri Jul 05, 2019 6:39 pm

Motto: "Never forgive, never forget."
Weapon: Black Magic
So I managed to fix jetfire thanks to a small donation from an old cybertron override and the junker tr megs Ii had lying around.

With that out of the way, I have to say jetfire is easily toy of the year material, he's just so good, I love him; he just blows the gen leader class one away so hard :x
*Click the pic below to see my Lego Transformers*
(Updated 3/10/17)
I am not a G1 fan, please treat my opinions as such.
william-james88 wrote:If ever Sabrblade decides to go on vacation, I am glad to know we can rely on you.
Hellscream9999
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 172
Alt Mode: Skeletal Dragon
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: ???
Skill: Infinity

Postby blackeyedprime » Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:01 pm

Motto: "Me Grimlock, you slag."
Weapon: Particle Beam Cannon
Optimum Supreme wrote:
Manterax Prime wrote:
ThunderThruster wrote:
YRQRM0 wrote:Man, I just don't get what I'm missing about this Megatron, every time I look at him he seems like the weakest mold out of Siege, but everyone seems to love him.

You're not alone. I'm quite happy with TR Megatron, so have no desire to replace him with Siege Megs.

TR Megs is the weakest Megs in years, hampered by too many gimmicks (triple changer, headmaster) and crappy peeling stickers. Now, CW Megs, there's a Megs worth keeping over Siege Megs, though Siege is nice and cheaper than CW...

Nah, TR megs is pretty good and the gimmicks only make it a better toy. Small figure that can fit in planes cockpit, check. Can drive the tank, check. Can be eaten by Unicron, almost. Only two holes for weapons and none of the swiss cheese gimmicks of siege (more holes, less plastic content, higher price charged). Fitting alt modes despite being a Blitzwing used as Megatron with Megatrons plane tying into an episode even if it was cut out of it.
I think the Siege figures a little less blocky and the arm cannon looks better (back kibble is about on the same level and doesnt feel like megatron) but lazy/generic H tank alt mode.
CW Megs H tank only kind of works on the armada version, but then the toy pales against the orig armada one with its play features and then as a toy CW Megs really needs the 3rd party add ons to make it a passable display piece.
blackeyedprime
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 4
Alt Mode: a spoon
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 5
Endurance: 8
Firepower: 2
Skill: 6

Postby Ironhidensh » Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:03 pm

Motto: "Tell those damned kids to stay off my lawn!!!"
Weapon: Big Cannon
Well, I did end up opening Jetfire, and I'm very happy to report that I love him. First Autobot figure in the Seige line that's worth a damn.

I will say, the designers must be big fans of Fanstoys Phoenix, as this figure is extremely similar. Tough to be fair, there is only so many ways you can do a G1 Jetfire thar us show accurate.
Card carrying grumpy old man.

Leonardo wrote:Take your lips off my pipe!
Ironhidensh
Faction Commander
News Credits: 22
Buy from Ironhidensh on eBay
Speed: 4
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10+

Postby RodimusConvoy13 » Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:05 pm

Motto: "Well, when I see five weirdos dressed in togas, stabbing a man in the middle of the park in full view of a hundred people, I shoot the bastards! That's MY policy!"
Weapon: Photon Blaster
blackeyedprime wrote:
Optimum Supreme wrote:
Manterax Prime wrote:
ThunderThruster wrote:

Nah, TR megs is pretty good and the gimmicks only make it a better toy. Small figure that can fit in planes cockpit, check. Can drive the tank, check. Can be eaten by Unicron, almost. Only two holes for weapons and none of the swiss cheese gimmicks of siege (more holes, less plastic content, higher price charged). Fitting alt modes despite being a Blitzwing used as Megatron with Megatrons plane tying into an episode even if it was cut out of it.
I think the Siege figures a little less blocky and the arm cannon looks better (back kibble is about on the same level and doesnt feel like megatron) but lazy/generic H tank alt mode.
CW Megs H tank only kind of works on the armada version, but then the toy pales against the orig armada one with its play features and then as a toy CW Megs really needs the 3rd party add ons to make it a passable display piece.

Actually, Siege uses the same amount of not more plastic than older “larger” toys.
"One of them even took the time to smear, “Fans are TeH SUCK!!!” in poop all over my windshield!"

Counterpunch
RodimusConvoy13
Gestalt
News Credits: 194
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

Postby Nathaniel Prime » Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:45 pm

Motto: "It doesn't matter which universe or timeline you’re from. If you’re dedicated to defending it, you’re on my side."
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
blackeyedprime wrote:
Optimum Supreme wrote:
Manterax Prime wrote:
ThunderThruster wrote:

All your points on TR Megatron are valid. He is a very fun figure, coming from one of the best lines in history. He works alot better as a pretool than Optimus. I do hate his sickly white grey color, his cannon is really weird, and his headsculpt being compromised due to the forced gimmick.

I also find TR Megatron to be alot more fiddly than Siege, with me having to deal with the wings and treads (as well as those awful stickers), whereas the only fiddly part on Siege is trying to push that front tank panel into those tabs on the sides of the treads. That's literally his only flaw.

Siege also has the better cannon, colors, and headsculpt, and in my opinion, a much better tank mode.

In the end, it all boils down to your opinion. Do you like Megatron enough to justify getting another? Do you have different criteria for judging a better figure? The joy of this hobby means that the choice is yours and yours only ;)
Nathaniel Prime
News Staff
News Credits: 36
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Tank
Strength: 9
Endurance: 9
Courage: 10+

Postby Emerje » Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:07 pm

Motto: "*Shrug*"
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
Hellscream9999 wrote:
RodimusConvoy13 wrote:My local Target in Ann Arbor, MI had Battle Masters on clearance for $2.98.
Meijer had them on clearance for $4.19 and Micromasters for $6.99.

Was surprised to see this. I picked up one more each of Firedrive and Blowpipe just for the blast effects.

can confirm for meijer, just got the rescue patrol and a spare pteraxadon on clearance

Not that we don't trust you, but if anyone has photographic evidence we can news this. ;)^

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff
News Credits: 106
Alt Mode: Lobster Moose
Intelligence: 7
Firepower: 3

Postby RodimusConvoy13 » Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:15 pm

Motto: "Well, when I see five weirdos dressed in togas, stabbing a man in the middle of the park in full view of a hundred people, I shoot the bastards! That's MY policy!"
Weapon: Photon Blaster
Emerje wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:
RodimusConvoy13 wrote:My local Target in Ann Arbor, MI had Battle Masters on clearance for $2.98.

Was surprised to see this. I picked up one more each of Firedrive and Blowpipe just for the blast effects.

can confirm for meijer, just got the rescue patrol and a spare pteraxadon on clearance

Not that we don't trust you, but if anyone has photographic evidence we can news this. ;)^

Emerje

Crap. I either threw out the receipt or left it at work. I don’t have photographic proof.
"One of them even took the time to smear, “Fans are TeH SUCK!!!” in poop all over my windshield!"

Counterpunch
RodimusConvoy13
Gestalt
News Credits: 194
Strength: 6
Skill: 8

Postby Hellscream9999 » Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:44 pm

Emerje wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:

Emerje

Bout all I can do
Last edited by Hellscream9999 on Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
(Updated 3/10/17)
william-james88 wrote:If ever Sabrblade decides to go on vacation, I am glad to know we can rely on you.
Hellscream9999
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Trocheman » Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:29 pm

Weapon: Missile Launcher
Got my first Siege bot today...Brunt
Trocheman
Mini-Con
Alt Mode: Fighter Jet
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 10
Courage: Infinity

Siege Micromasters and Battle Masters Hit Clearance at Meijer

Postby Emerje » Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:48 pm

Motto: "*Shrug*"
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
Is it winter clearance time already? Not quite, but that's not stopping Meijers from getting a head start. Fellow Seibertronian Hellscream9999 has confirmed reports of War for Cybertron: Siege Battle Masters and Micromasters being clearance priced at $4.19 and $6.99 respectively at Meijer. It's uncertain if these prices are found at all stores, but Seibertronian RodimusConvoy13 found the same prices at another store.

RodimusConvoy13 also reports finding Battlemasters on clearance at Target for $2.98, and while we don't have any photographic proof it might be worth your while to stop and check your local store. If you mind any good deals on Transformers in stores or online be sure to send us photos or a link and post them in the Energon Pub Forums.
Emerje
News Staff
News Credits: 106
Alt Mode: Lobster Moose
Intelligence: 7
Firepower: 3

Postby MeGrimlock78 » Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:34 am

I noticed toysrus.ca has the battle masters on clearance as well, for $5.98: http://m.toysrus.ca/family/index.jsp?ca ... bled=false
MeGrimlock78
Mini-Con
News Credits: 1

Postby Skritz » Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:58 am

Poor Battle Masters going the way of the Titan and Prime Masters. Seems like this concept for size class (essentially, an 'accessory' class) isn't doing that great at retail. I suspect we'll see these phased out soon. Which is a shame because Battlemasters are great. >:oP
Skritz
Godmaster

Postby sol magnus » Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:02 am

Motto: "This is the most beautiful thing in the entire universe. Ok, give me the bomb."
Weapon: Laser Rifle
Skritz wrote:Poor Battle Masters going the way of the Titan and Prime Masters. Seems like this concept for size class (essentially, an 'accessory' class) isn't doing that great at retail. I suspect we'll see these phased out soon. Which is a shame because Battlemasters are great. >:oP

Except I've seen Terraxadon and Aimless all of one time in a store, and that was right before I started getting Siege figures at all.

One one of my hunts I ran into the regional Hasbro rep (in a Walmart). He told me that the store manager who orders product has a lot to do with what figures you actually see on shelves. In a microcosm, it might seem to some that people aren't buying the Battlemasters. I might not agree with that, whereas I'd have to agree if we were discussing Micromasters.

They are totally G1, but I still have no interest in them. They just seem out of place to me in the line.
sol magnus
Headmaster Jr
Strength: 10

Postby Hellscream9999 » Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:07 am

sol magnus wrote:
Skritz wrote:Poor Battle Masters going the way of the Titan and Prime Masters. Seems like this concept for size class (essentially, an 'accessory' class) isn't doing that great at retail. I suspect we'll see these phased out soon. Which is a shame because Battlemasters are great. >:oP

Except I've seen Terraxadon and Aimless all of one time in a store, and that was right before I started getting Siege figures at all.

One one of my hunts I ran into the regional Hasbro rep (in a Walmart). He told me that the store manager who orders product has a lot to do with what figures you actually see on shelves. In a microcosm, it might seem to some that people aren't buying the Battlemasters. I might not agree with that, whereas I'd have to agree if we were discussing Micromasters.

They are totally G1, but I still have no interest in them. They just seem out of place to me in the line.

the battlmasters essentially don't sell at most stores I go to, they generally shelfwarm so hard it hurts; micromasters have only done marginally better in my area
(Updated 3/10/17)
Hellscream9999
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby sol magnus » Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:18 am

Motto: "This is the most beautiful thing in the entire universe. Ok, give me the bomb."
Weapon: Laser Rifle
Hellscream9999 wrote:
sol magnus wrote:

the battlmasters essentially don't sell at most stores I go to, they generally shelfwarm so hard it hurts; micromasters have only done marginally better in my area

I need a Terraxadon and an Aimless. Still. So, you know, if you see one...
sol magnus
Headmaster Jr
Strength: 10

Postby Skritz » Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:18 am

Ah well on the flipside we'll be able to 'rescue' them and army build entirely new Battlemasters to the point the entire Siege line will be armed with their own personalized gun-dude (or gun-chick in some cases I'd presume?). :lol:
Skritz
Godmaster

Postby Glarryg » Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:10 am

Motto: "Perception is reality, so start paying closer attention."
Weapon: Twin Sonic Cannons
One of the Meijer stores in my area (near Toledo, Ohio) had Siege Deluxe figures on clearance ($13.99 versus $19.99). They were all wave 1 figures, though. Meijer--or at least the store in my area--has a weird pattern of behavior in which they often have the first wave of a year's figures earlier than other store, but then either stock too much of that wave or don't buy much of the rest of that year's assortment. They were still trying to get rid of PotP Jazzes last November.

For my part, I've bought plenty of extra Battlemasters with the intent of painting them up into new characters. I have a whole quintet of Lionizers waiting to become an homage to the Voltron lions.

Glarryg
The battle rages on...
Glarryg
Headmaster Jr
Buy from Glarryg on eBay
Alt Mode: Bitter Old Man
Strength: 5
Speed: 5
Endurance: 5
Courage: 4
Firepower: 1
Skill: 7

Postby Ironhidensh » Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:29 pm

Motto: "Tell those damned kids to stay off my lawn!!!"
Weapon: Big Cannon
So, a word of caution on Jetfire. It looks like he is going to be extremely susceptible to plastic 'yellowing'. Part of this is my fault, but I left him in my car while I worked yesterday. He had about a total of 9 hours in off and on sunlight (lot of spotty storms going over). Several of his softer plastic parts are already starting to show some discoloration.
Card carrying grumpy old man.

Leonardo wrote:Take your lips off my pipe!
Ironhidensh
Faction Commander
News Credits: 22
Buy from Ironhidensh on eBay

Postby Skritz » Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:32 pm

Ironhidensh wrote:So, a word of caution on Jetfire. It looks like he is going to be extremely susceptible to plastic 'yellowing'. Part of this is my fault, but I left him in my car while I worked yesterday. He had about a total of 9 hours in off and on sunlight (lot of spotty storms going over). Several of his softer plastic parts are already starting to show some discoloration.

Well that's to expect with figure cast in white plastic...
Skritz
Godmaster

Postby JelZe GoldRabbit » Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:37 pm

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Weapon: Dual Bladed Sword
Skritz wrote:
Ironhidensh wrote:So, a word of caution on Jetfire. It looks like he is going to be extremely susceptible to plastic 'yellowing'. Part of this is my fault, but I left him in my car while I worked yesterday. He had about a total of 9 hours in off and on sunlight (lot of spotty storms going over). Several of his softer plastic parts are already starting to show some discoloration.

Well that's to expect with figure cast in white plastic...

But this is a bit extreme. Then again, I've always been a bit scared of windows that the sun directly shines on, my dad had orange plushies on his dash and they turned white within months.
"I have Autism and I'm proud of it!" - Myself

If anyone has a spare TR Furos, PotP Punch head, CW Dead End, CW Brawl or Swindle, hit me up!

The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3
JelZe GoldRabbit
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 239
Strength: 5
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Skill: 5

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Tailgate" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Terrorcon Blot" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Misfire and Aimless" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Xort and Highbrow" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Sawback" on AMAZON
Buy "Potato Head Transformers Mixable Mashable Heroes as Optimus Prime and Grimlock Figures" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Decepticon Octone and Murk" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #226 - Fire in the Sky
Twincast / Podcast #226:
"Fire in the Sky"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, July 7th, 2019

New Items on eBay

Buy "Transformers Optimus Prime Hollywood Rides Metals Die Cast Truck Jada Car Toys" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers BotCon 2012 Exclusive Bard of Darkmount Shattered Glass Straxus" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Studio Series Deluxe Shatter" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Botcon Exclusive Shattered Glass Scrap Iron" on EBAY
Buy "COGMAN HASBRO/TAKARA TOMY TRANSFORMERS THE LAST KNIGHT STUDIO SERIES No.39" on EBAY
Buy "2010 Hasbro Transformers Speed Stars Long Haul Green Dump Truck" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Ghostbusters Optimus Prime Ecto-35 2019 SDCC COMIC CON Exclusive" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers SDCC 2019 Shockwave Lancer ribbon IN HAND" on EBAY