Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Discussion Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Discussion Thread

Postby Lore Keeper » Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:38 pm

I can't believe they kept Cromar's silly clown nose! Yeah, it's accurate to the toy, but all of his fictional appearances did away with it because it looks silly. Not a deal breaker by any means. But, it is not possible for him to look intimidating or cool with that bug red honker on his face.
Lore Keeper
Combiner
News Credits: 1

Postby frogbat » Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:54 am

Motto: "All my 6 nipples are tingling."
Weapon: Self-Propelled Photon Cannon
I'm glad they're using existing moulds for toys characters that aren't mainstream and they know might not be on everyone's must have list...

In fact, think many of us look at a new mould and try to figure out what they'll be repurposed for - and think they're making interesting choices - e.g. shockwave's shackwave repaint... and that they'r making them relatively easy to get hold of, well done them.

I don't have any connection to these guys - think I only found out of their existence when I started collecting again thanks to the internet... so my wallet will breathe easy...
My personal prime collection so far in descending order of how great i reckon the toy is -
FE Prime, Silas Breakdown (Powerizer), Dreadwing (Powerizer), FE Bulkhead, Voyager StarScream (Powerizer), Ratchet, Soundwave, Arcee, Voyager Megatron (Powerizer), Wheeljack, Thundertron (Powerizer), Ultra Magnus (Powerizer), Knockout, Cliffjumper, Bumblebee,Airachnid
frogbat
Targetmaster
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Firepower: 5
Skill: 7

Postby sol magnus » Fri Jul 26, 2019 6:59 am

Motto: "This is the most beautiful thing in the entire universe. Ok, give me the bomb."
Weapon: Laser Rifle
Seibertron wrote:
GrumpyPrime wrote:But the gap between hips and torso is absolutly unforgivable for my taste. Hastak why? You made a dream come true but screw up with the huge gap. Displaying this figure would just ruin the fun for me. I would just stare at the gap. It makes the figure look SO off. IMHO. If a 3p addon will come out to fix this, and i think there will, then i will get this one. Till then ill pass. I really want to like it. But i cant.

That's how I feel about Masterpiece MP-36 Megatron and his robo-vagina. :(

A vagina doesn't sit on the front of a woman's body. :roll: And if you're all up under his carriage, well...
sol magnus
Targetmaster
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 9
Courage: 10
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby Stargrave » Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:33 am

Motto: "It’s all the in the reflexes"
Weapon: Glass Gas Gun
I would consider that maybe more of a pee hole in his drawers than a bagina. That’s just me :lol:

War’s tough Cromar’s been hitting the bottle hard in the trenches that’s why he’s got that fat gin blossom on his face I tell ya.
Stargrave
News Staff
News Credits: 268
Alt Mode: A left leg
Strength: 3
Endurance: 5
Courage: 8
Firepower: 4
Skill: 2

Postby ZeroWolf » Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:48 am

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
To be fair I only like mp 36 from the chest up, as I fully agree with Siebs about that unfortunate gap. Just because a real one isn't placed there, doesn't mean it can't look like one :)

I don't see the Issue with Cromars nose, it's just a design choice and I feel like it gives him character
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Staff
News Credits: 313

Postby sol magnus » Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:56 am

Motto: "This is the most beautiful thing in the entire universe. Ok, give me the bomb."
ZeroWolf wrote:To be fair I only like mp 36 from the chest up, as I fully agree with Siebs about that unfortunate gap. Just because a real one isn't placed there, doesn't mean it can't look like one :)

I don't see the Issue with Cromars nose, it's just a design choice and I feel like it gives him character

To each his own, but amazingly, on my shelf - I nary give it a second thought, to say nothing of a second look.

The more I think about the Powerdashers, though, the more I think I might get them. I passed on the store-bought Weaponizers minus Brunt and I've said all along that I've no problem with the figures themselves - I really just didn't want to be tempted to go off the deep end and buy the Titans that go with them. So far, no Trypticon, but it's still on the table. 8-}
sol magnus
Targetmaster

Transformers Siege Jetfire found in Toysrus Stores in Canada

Postby william-james88 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:04 am

Transformers Siege Jetfire has been out online for a little while now. Those in Canada can get him at toysrus.ca while he has been shipping from a few online retailers in the US, like BBTS. But the question was, would any retailer actually stock him in stores? While that may never be the case for the US, Canadian families will see this behemoth when they do their shopping in the Transformers aisle. Jetfire has been found in Toysrus stores in Ontario, Canada, as you can see in this image below. It is $119.99 CAD. The sighting comes from Yonoid over at the cybertron.ca website.

If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Admin
News Credits: 2515
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby datguy86 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:12 am

Motto: "SHEEAGH!"
I'm fairly certain Walmart just charged my card for the 35 the anniversary series. We may see those soon.

Actively Searching: Universe 2.0 Ratchet, Universe 2.0 Inferno, Hasbro Masterpiece Starscream
datguy86
Combiner
Strength: 5
Speed: 4
Skill: 6

Postby EvasionModeBumblebee » Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:23 am

Motto: "Are you telling me you could've been a Camaro this whole time?!"
Weapon: Plasma Cannon
The Siege leader Optimus is also on amazon for the same price.
The Beekeeper of Seibertron
EvasionModeBumblebee
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 11
Alt Mode: 2011 Concept Camaro
Intelligence: 8
Firepower: 3

Re: Transformers Siege Jetfire found in Toysrus Stores in Canada

Postby o.supreme » Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:47 am

Motto: "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes"
william-james88 wrote:Image

:-( :-( Ahhh...what could have been.... I truly do appreciate the pics though. (no sarcasm this time). Thank you ;)^ . This reminds me though. There's been some strange goings-on on the site of what was my closest local TRU. I pass by it every day on my home from work. But today I'm in no rush, I'll see if I can do a little *investigating*, If you don't see any posts from me on Monday, it's likely I'm in jail.
o.supreme
City Commander
News Credits: 19
Watch o.supreme on YouTube
Buy from o.supreme on eBay

Postby Immortal Starscream » Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:03 am

according to my local walmart, both the siege and studio series leader class figures are marked as discontinued and on clearance pricing. I find that particularly funny since that store has never received/stocked a single case of leaders of either line.
Immortal Starscream
Pretender
News Credits: 12

Postby sol magnus » Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:07 am

Immortal Starscream wrote:according to my local walmart, both the siege and studio series leader class figures are marked as discontinued and on clearance pricing. I find that particularly funny since that store has never received/stocked a single case of leaders of either line.

I've yet to see Galaxy Upgrade Prime in Baltimore, MD in any Walmart (or anywhere else, to be honest).
sol magnus
Targetmaster

Postby Sentinel_Primal » Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:10 am

Weapon: Thermal Sword
Immortal Starscream wrote:according to my local walmart, both the siege and studio series leader class figures are marked as discontinued and on clearance pricing. I find that particularly funny since that store has never received/stocked a single case of leaders of either line.

That's very odd. I'll have to check the Wal-Mart's near me, but it seems weird to discontinue a line that they'll still be carrying for several months and getting new product for :-?
Sentinel_Primal
Combiner
Alt Mode: Sea Serpent
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 5
Endurance: 4
Courage: 4
Firepower: 2
Skill: 5

Postby Ravage2031 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:54 am

If you go instore the leader class is $35, just picked up Prime and shockwave
Ravage2031
Mini-Con

Postby o.supreme » Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:01 am

Motto: "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes"
Sentinel_Primal wrote:I'll have to check the Wal-Mart's near me, but it seems weird to discontinue a line that they'll still be carrying for several months and getting new product for :-?

It's not unprecedented...back when the lines were 18 months or 2 years they would clearance things out part way through to make room for newer waves. The only problem is, they would seemingly get a ton of repack waves as opposed to actual new product. Thus the change to a 12 month line, and a limitation on repack waves. Unfortunately...now we are kind of going into uncharted territory with Siege getting a 5th wave making it more of a 15 month line as opposed to a 12 month one, and pushing *Armageddon* (just calling it that for now until Hasbro makes an official announcement) off into spring of 2020, as opposed to Q1 2020.
o.supreme
City Commander
News Credits: 19
Watch o.supreme on YouTube
Buy from o.supreme on eBay

First Image of Transformers Siege Nightbird

Postby william-james88 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:58 am

Back in SDCC 2019, we almost saw all the rumoured reveals. Almost. One of the most tangible rumours left was of an upcoming Nightbird figure based on Siege Chromia. And, low and behold, we have our first image of this toy. It appeared on twitter where we see Siege Nightbird on top of her Generations Select type box.

We know this will be an exclusive of some sort, we just don't know where exactly yet. Also, since it is based on Chromia, it cannot be a combiner limb. So, what do you think? Is the Takara one (pictured below) better? Let us know!

If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Admin
News Credits: 2515
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby Nathaniel Prime » Fri Jul 26, 2019 11:11 am

Motto: "The only difference between a hero and the villain is that the villain chooses to use that power in a way that is selfish and hurts other people."
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
I think I prefer the Chromia mold as Nightbird. She looks loads better than the Legends figure in my eyes too. I really like this, and this may confirm that the listings we had may in fact be genuine.
"...And here I am. In an alternate universe that I don't recognize, but I fit in just fine."
Nathaniel Prime
News Staff
News Credits: 52
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Tank
Strength: 9
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+

Postby blackeyedprime » Fri Jul 26, 2019 11:22 am

Motto: "Me Grimlock, you slag."
Weapon: Particle Beam Cannon
Despite the legends having a better alt and being more G1 like in robot mode, I think the Sieges ronot mode works really well for the figure and the colors do it justice. I have the legends figure so no no need for me to pick this up.
blackeyedprime
Targetmaster
News Credits: 6
Alt Mode: a spoon
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 5
Endurance: 8
Courage: 9
Firepower: 2
Skill: 6

Postby TF-fan kev777 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 11:24 am

o.supreme wrote:Thus the change to a 12 month line, and a limitation on repack waves. Unfortunately...now we are kind of going into uncharted territory with Siege getting a 5th wave making it more of a 15 month line as opposed to a 12 month one, and pushing *Armageddon* (just calling it that for now until Hasbro makes an official announcement) off into spring of 2020, as opposed to Q1 2020.

Actually, I think Siege will still end up being a 12 month line with Armageddon hitting in early to mid Q1 2020.

Think about how the end of TR and PotP went with the final wave having only 1 new figure and lining up with Christmas. In both of those cases, there really wasn't much new product on the shelves for the largest toy sales potion of the year. Both of those were of the 1 waver per quarter general format, but the reality was waves 2-4 for the calendar year kept creeping earlier and earlier leaving a void at the end of the year, that ended up needing to be filled by the next line's first wave showing up in November.

Now with a 5th wave, they have a wave they can time for the Christmas rush and not have to move up the next line into this year. At least that is my speculation on how/why Hasbro decided on a 5th wave.

I would imagine retailers would like this too. They would not have to change things over for a new line until they are also resetting the toy aisles after the Christmas rush.

Next year will really be the year to see if that works. Some of the reason that waves 2-4 have crept forward within the year was because wave 1 was hitting in November. This 5th wave could easily be a 1 time thing just to let them reset the timing of the waves and new line.
TF-fan kev777
Brainmaster
Strength: 7
Speed: 8
Endurance: 10
Firepower: 10

Postby Stargrave » Fri Jul 26, 2019 11:56 am

Motto: "It’s all the in the reflexes"
Weapon: Glass Gas Gun
Chromia’s alt mode is super slick it doesn’t get enough love it’s like a female Blur looking car I love it but I bet it’s going to look soooo hot in black.
Stargrave
News Staff
News Credits: 268
Alt Mode: A left leg
Skill: 2

Postby Black Hat » Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:07 pm

Motto: "I am not entertained!"
Weapon: Double Barreled Multi-Purpose Launcher
Hmm. I'm not sure on that Nightbird, I might go for it as I have no desire for Chromia and I already have Legends Arcee. But I do think the LG version is perhaps a tiny bit better looking. That said, my headcanon that Nightbird is but one of many similar-looking ninjas (from the Yami no Tori ninja temple on the feudal world of Caminus, along with the Shadowhawks, AKA Energon Divebombs yes I do put too much thought into this sort of thing why do you ask) means there's scope for more than one Nightbird, even as someone that prefers her as a "normal" Transformer rather than a manmade robot.

I think my opinion will be decided on the accessories. If she has some cool ninja weapons I'm in for certain, if not I might be browsing Mandarake for an LG figure.
The worst Transformers fan ever.
Formerly known as Delta Magnus.
Black Hat
Faction Commander
Alt Mode: BAC TSR-2
Speed: 10
Firepower: 6

Postby joevill » Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:15 pm

Motto: "For Seibertron!"
Weapon: Sword
Sad that she cannot combine but looks awesome!
joevill
Pretender
Watch joevill on YouTube
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 5
Courage: 5

Postby Gauntlet101010 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:27 pm

She looks alright, but I like the Legends version I already have.

They need to make another female TF mould. Seriously. Or even just tweak an older one they already have more substantially as the did for the first Chromia. All the female TFs don't need to share a mould.
Gauntlet101010
Faction Commander

Postby Nemesis Primal » Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:34 pm

Motto: "Anything worth doing is worth suffering for."
Weapon: Flamethrower Cannons
Well this is easily the best this mold has ever looked, and I've never had access to the Legends figure, so I'm getting this. Plus once I explained Nightbird to my girlfriend because of this, she's now very excited about her too, so there's that. I am curious what she'll have in terms of accessories though, as Chromia's buildable sniper rifle doesn't really fit for her.
Burn wrote:You're my new favourite person. 8-)
Nemesis Primal
Vehicon
News Credits: 8
Alt Mode: Transmetal Velociraptor
Endurance: 8
Courage: 7
Firepower: 9

Postby Alpha Weltall » Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:04 pm

Motto: "I am the seeker of power."
Weapon: Razor Tipped Wing Swords
I don't like Chromia but I do like the look of that Nightbird. Then again, it's difficult to make those colors look bad.

I know full well that Chromia is NOT the same mold as Moonracer but instead they share only the hips, thighs, wheels and basic design. That being said, I'd rather they have used the Moonracer mold again instead of Chromia. Even though they're two different molds, Chromia is held back far too much by following so closely to the Moonracer design. They didn't change enough of the design when making Chromia to make up for it not being able to combine. There's quite a bit more they could have done now that they changed the design to not combine yet not much else was changed. It's almost worse overall since there's nothing you can do with the backpack in robot mode. There's also no way to fan mode the alt mode like you can with Moonracer. Chromia looks better in alt mode and might be slightly better in robot mode but I'd rather have the options and the combining function.

I'll end up getting it even though I already have the LG version.
Alpha Weltall
Fuzor
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 10+
Skill: 10+

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Roadtrap" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Elita-1" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Rippersnapper" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Cutthroat" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Twin Twist and Flameout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 05 Voyager Class Movie 2 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Deluxe Class Arcee Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Team Combiner Ultra Bee, 8.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Movie Anniversary Edition Optimus Prime (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #230 - The Search for Convoy
Twincast / Podcast #230:
"The Search for Convoy"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, September 15th, 2019

New Items on eBay

Buy "3 Transformers: Bumblebee Energon Igniters Power Series Dropkick Megaton Hot Rod" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Large lot devastator weapons accessories lot #3 in good conditio" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 blurr with his shield and not a reissue" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 wheeljack and not a reissue" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers TCG Card Game Siege Shockwave SRT 11 Character 33 Battle Cards New" on EBAY
Buy "KSI Sentry 100% Complete Deluxe Studio Series Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "Clunker Bumblebe 100% Complete Deluxe Studio Series Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers TLK The Last Knight Jada Metals Die-Cast 1:24 Crosshairs w/ Coin" on EBAY