This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Discussion Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Discussion Thread

Postby SGMLordMirage » Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:23 pm

Motto: "In my book: Treat as hostile here and now, apologize later!"
Weapon: Air-To-Ground Missiles
That’s awesome!

SGM
SGMLordMirage
Headmaster
News Credits: 3
Buy from SGMLordMirage on eBay
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 9
Endurance: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 6

Postby triKlops » Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:31 pm

Motto: "New England TransFormers Collectors Group member"
o.supreme wrote:Good to, Thank you ;)^ . I just remember working for a retailer back in the mid-late 90's, and seeing those cool purple-banded Hasbro Boxes with Pawutucket RI on them (yeah like you said 20 years ago). It was neat seeing Beast Wars toys come case fresh. Too bad I only ever purchased a select few.

Cool that you have a positive memory of Pawtucket. Even better that its due to Transformers! :HASBRO:

Stargrave wrote: That’s such a cool story thanks for sharing! ;)^

Thank you, "The Bucket"" is a unique place with a lot of unique stories. :CYBERTRON:

TF-fan kev777 wrote:I got my ship notification as well and will end up getting mine tomorrow as well. I also suspect Wolfman will be getting his ship notification today and getting his tomorrow or Saturday. I'm assuming pretty much all of us ordered right when it opened, so first come, first service won't 100% explain how quickly or slowly some of us will be getting our ship notifications. Since Amazon ships from multiple distributions centers, I'm assuming all the pre-orders are split up regionally first and then first come first serve from there. The actual ship notifications go out once it is in package and has a tracking number, so if one regional distribution center is starting earlier than another, it can explain why some of us are delayed more than others. But overall it should even out where pretty much everyone that ordered right when they posts became available should be getting theirs tomorrow or Saturday.

I don't disagree with any of your ideas with this. Regional FIFO is where i was starting my theory about this but Nothing of what I am saying is definitive. It would be interesting to pin down an Amazon rep involved with Hasbro/ TFs to explain their preorder distribution process. Sounds like an interesting Seibertron exclusive article topic! :-?

Looking for:
- Fans Toys Scoria FT-04X silver upgrade feet for
MP-08X Grimlock
-TFCon 2011 Headrobots Toxin

Please DM if willing to sell for reasonable price.
triKlops
Godmaster
News Credits: 9

Postby DeathReviews » Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:23 pm

Motto: "No matter where you go, always remember, I'm right behind you!

https://www.youtube.com/c/DeathReviews"
These have been an easy pass for me. Not much lure...
"No matter where you go or what you do, always remember, I'm right behind you!" - Death

Click - Like - Subscribe - Awesome!
DeathReviews
Brainmaster
News Credits: 30
Watch DeathReviews on YouTube
Strength: ???
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: ???
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: ???

Postby Emerje » Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:59 am

Motto: "Spellcheck's antithesis."
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
Got my Jetfire at Walmart and my Rainmakers at Target today. Jetfire is well worth the price I think. When you have one in hand you can really see how much care the design team put into him. They did so many little things that we don't see enough of in Transformers today and if it took this price point to make it happen then I don't mind. The wings alone have way more moving parts than people realize just looking at photos, all to make them a little smaller in bot mode. Such a fun figure, I can't wait to see what the next new mold Commander looks like!

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff
News Credits: 229
Alt Mode: Lobster Moose
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Endurance: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 3
Skill: 6

Several breakage reports with newly released Siege Slamdance

Postby william-james88 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:18 am

Motto: "'till All Are One"
While it's exciting that both Amazon exclusive Siege sets are shipping and arriving to American consumers, several fans are now reporting a very specific breakage issue for Deluxe Class Slamdance, which comes in the pack officially titled Transformers Generations War for Cybertron Deluxe WFC-S26 Autobot Alphastrike Counterforce 3 Pack - Final Strike Figure Series: Part 1. Slamdance is also packaged with Deluxe Class G2 clone Sideswipe and Battle Masters Trenchfoot.

The breakage with Slamdance is on his left ankle, which you can see in the images below. This problem has been reported several times to the Seibertron.com news staff as well as several Transformers fans on Twitter. Apparently the breakage is caused because the feet are very tight and it's the same plastic material on those parts as Flywheels which are susceptible to stress from the get-go. The figure needs to be handled carefully to avoid the breakage, though it is not clear at this time if even that will prevent breakage.

Here are a handful of twitter posts showing the defect and more reports are coming in as people get them:

https://twitter.com/N0tsofriendly/status/1162089529328701440?s=19
https://twitter.com/UnderscoreZeus/status/1162116742727868417/photo/1
https://twitter.com/KPAutobotX/status/1162140505616068612

Good luck to all of you with your Slamdance! Please let us know if you experience any problems with your Slamdance figure so that we can continue to share this information with other Seibertronians.

If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4468
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby Carnivius_Prime » Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:25 am

Motto: "A cunning smile is more devastating than the fiercest weapon."
Weapon: Anti-Thermal Cannon
Next stage of Siege's battle damage gimmick: Broken toys!
I have anxiety, depression and aspergers syndrome so my behaviour can be erratic. I don't mean offense to anyone. Just very picky about my Transformers collecting. You're all cool! :)

Likes: Bayverse, Marvel UK G1, Geoff Senior art, '86 movie (more for style/soundtrack rather than Star Wars plot)
Dislikes: Bumblebee movie (lousy rehashed dumb crud), TFA, G1 cartoon, IDW G1, BW/BM, MP. The entire concept of Autobot Megatron
Carnivius_Prime
City Commander
News Credits: 19

Re: Widesrpead Breakage Issue with newly Released Siege Slam Dance

Postby TF-fan kev777 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:26 am

william-james88 wrote:We have some bad news.
The breakage in on the ankle, specifically the left ankle, as you will see in images below. The feet are very tight and it's the same plastic material on those parts as Flywheels which was susceptible to stress from the get-go. Gotta handle it really gingerly.

Good luck to all of you!

Well crap, I'm going to be opening him tonight, good to know to be careful. Are there actually 2 breakage points? The first and last photo show the ankle breaking, but the middle photo looks like the knee might be suspect as well.
TF-fan kev777
City Commander
News Credits: 40
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 10
Courage: 9
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Postby o.supreme » Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:30 am

Motto: "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes"
I have 2 thoughts....

1. I'm seeing this more and more on the *second use* of any particular figure type, I wonder what the reason is? Definitely causes concern for pretty much all the 35th anniversary packaged figures, Ratchet etc...

Has anyone who purchased Red Alert yet had similar issues?

2. I'm glad they delayed Omega Supreme. I know he is a brand new toy, but taking extra time to QC everything is worth it IMHO.
Bucket/Want List: Botcon 2016 Customization Class Ratchet (G2 Deco), or Customization Class Ratchet (Marvel Comics Deco) **would also be willing to pay for an Unpainted Botcon 2016 Ratchet, TT Legends Fortress Head (only) with working Electronics

Wish List of Modern Combiners: Road Caesar, Monstructor & Dinoking (proper size to fiction), Landcross, Guard City, Battle Gaia, & G2 Defensor. Wish List of Titans:Metrotitan,Majin Zarak
o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 55
Watch o.supreme on YouTube
Buy from o.supreme on eBay

Postby wolverinetodd » Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:36 am

Motto: "Shoot multiple times first... ask questions NEVER!"
Weapon: Double-Shot Missile Launcher
The question to ask is "What is Hasbro doing to rectify this to customers' satisfaction?" This is a rather expensive exclusive set for one of the figures to be defective and end up broken after a couple of transformations. It's not like one can take the defective figure back to the retail store and exchange it for another figure. Will Hasbro send out replacement parts? Will Hasbro do partial refunds?
wolverinetodd
Vehicon
Speed: 9
Endurance: 5
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 5

Postby TF-fan kev777 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:41 am

wolverinetodd wrote:The question to ask is "What is Hasbro doing to rectify this to customers' satisfaction?" This is a rather expensive exclusive set for one of the figures to be defective and end up broken after a couple of transformations. It's not like one can take the defective figure back to the retail store and exchange it for another figure. Will Hasbro send out replacement parts? Will Hasbro do partial refunds?

No and no to your questions. I don't ever recall a case before where replacement parts were sent out, it is usually a replacement or a refund. And since this was an Amazon exclusive, Amazon will offer replacement or refund and then work it out directly with Hasbro.

I'll be opening mine right when I get home from work today to see if I ended up with a bad one, and if so, package it right back up for Amazon.
TF-fan kev777
City Commander

Postby joevill » Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:45 am

Motto: "For Seibertron!"
Weapon: Sword
Nooooooooooooo! Mine arrives Monday
joevill
Transmetal Warrior
News Credits: 11
Watch joevill on YouTube
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 5
Courage: 5
Firepower: 5
Skill: 5

Postby william-james88 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:49 am

wolverinetodd wrote:The question to ask is "What is Hasbro doing to rectify this to customers' satisfaction?" This is a rather expensive exclusive set for one of the figures to be defective and end up broken after a couple of transformations. It's not like one can take the defective figure back to the retail store and exchange it for another figure. Will Hasbro send out replacement parts? Will Hasbro do partial refunds?

Hasbro will send you an item of equal value but you have to send them every component of this set first.
You are better off to just return to Amazon for refund.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,

william-james88
News Staff

Postby RodimusConvoy13 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:50 am

Motto: "Well, when I see five weirdos dressed in togas, stabbing a man in the middle of the park in full view of a hundred people, I shoot the bastards! That's MY policy!"
Weapon: Photon Blaster
o.supreme wrote:I have 2 thoughts....

1. I'm seeing this more and more on the *second use* of any particular figure type, I wonder what the reason is? Definitely causes concern for pretty much all the 35th anniversary packaged figures, Ratchet etc...

2. I'm glad they delayed Omega Supreme. I know he is a brand new toy, but taking extra time to QC everything is worth it IMHO.

It doesn't seem to be happening with the Seekers. And there's 7 uses of that one. Skytread had issues with his ankles on some of the figures too. It sounds like it's a problem with this specific mold, not a line wide issue.
"One of them even took the time to smear, “Fans are TeH SUCK!!!” in poop all over my windshield!"

Counterpunch
RodimusConvoy13
Gestalt
News Credits: 194
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Courage: 6
Skill: 8

Postby TF-fan kev777 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:54 am

o.supreme wrote:1. I'm seeing this more and more on the *second use* of any particular figure type, I wonder what the reason is? Definitely causes concern for pretty much all the 35th anniversary packaged figures, Ratchet etc...

Do you have any specific examples? The only recent one that comes to mind for me is Red Swoop.

Red Alert is just as solid, if not more than Sideswipe for me. All the Siege seekers after Starscream have been better than Starscream. Ricochet and Combat Hero Megs were equal to Jazz and reg Megs for me.

The Skytread mold already had issues right from the start, so I wonder if they actually adjusted the mold to fix one issue and instead caused another one. Or it could be nothing to do with the molds themselves and rather be an issue with the plastic material used.
TF-fan kev777
City Commander

Postby Ultra Markus » Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:55 am

Motto: "“You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain.” - Harvey Dent in The Dark Knight"
Weapon: 16 Cannons
Better keep some plastic bonder ready
Ultra Markus
Gestalt
Alt Mode: the biggest baddest thing ever
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Skill: 10

Postby Stargrave » Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:30 am

Motto: "It’s all the in the reflexes"
Weapon: Glass Gas Gun
They’re just taking the battle damage aesthetic to the next level, jeepers. I know Slamdance ‘shoots himself in the foot’ sometimes but this is ridiculous.

My Red Alert is a tad just a smidge looser in the legs but honestly pretty solid.

I know what you mean about that curse of the second use of the mold but with him it’s not so much the case. Thundercracker will be my second Seeker so I’m really curious to see how it holds up. I love Starscream I’m feeling I won’t be disappointed everyone’s loving the Seekers for the same reasons I am.
Stargrave
Godmaster
News Credits: 340
Alt Mode: A left leg
Strength: 3
Speed: 6
Firepower: 4
Skill: 2

Postby william-james88 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:32 am

I dont think its a second mold use curse, I havent seen that trend. Skythread was the siege deluxe suffering from the most QC issues from the get go, so its no suprise that of all the redecos, its this one that also has issues.

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Stargrave » Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:39 am

Motto: "It’s all the in the reflexes"
Weapon: Glass Gas Gun
william-james88 wrote:I dont think its a second mold use curse, I havent seen that trend. Skythread was the siege deluxe suffering from the most QC issues from the get go, so its no suprise that of all the redecos, its this one that also has issues.

I had to shave down his heel pegs just to get that tank mode to work and it’s still a little eh, you know? He’s otherwise a win though I love how chunky he is and the jet mode is way cool. I reversed his wings and place the long barrel on his back to give him a junior Blitzwing vibe.
Stargrave
Godmaster
News Credits: 340
Alt Mode: A left leg
Strength: 3
Firepower: 4
Skill: 2

Postby Randomhero » Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:42 am

william-james88 wrote:I dont think its a second mold use curse, I havent seen that trend. Skythread was the siege deluxe suffering from the most QC issues from the get go, so its no suprise that of all the redecos, its this one that also has issues.

Exactly. It’s not mold degradation. It’s privet just a bad batch of red plastic and that spot where it’s breaking is just a really weak spot.
Randomhero
Gestalt
News Credits: 3

Postby o.supreme » Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:45 am

Motto: "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes"
TF-fan kev777 wrote:
Do you have any specific examples? The only recent one that comes to mind for me is Red Swoop.

I don't like to dredge up old beefs but since you asked...yeah my Red Swoop and Ricochet were pretty much garbage. But this seems to be less frequent than some others (though I know for certain I was not the only one who had issues with these). Glad to know Red Alert is good, also Combat Hero Megs, since that was a selects release and I had my concerns.

Although I wont be getting Bluestreak or Selects Smokescreen, it will be interesting to see what the overall QC of these is. I'm not saying its a *second mold curse* just an observation. being in QC/Auditing is what I'm all about ;) . Something happens twice, it's a red flag, 3 or more times, and it's a trend that needs to be corrected.
Bucket/Want List: Botcon 2016 Customization Class Ratchet (G2 Deco), or Customization Class Ratchet (Marvel Comics Deco) **would also be willing to pay for an Unpainted Botcon 2016 Ratchet, TT Legends Fortress Head (only) with working Electronics

Wish List of Modern Combiners: Road Caesar, Monstructor & Dinoking (proper size to fiction), Landcross, Guard City, Battle Gaia, & G2 Defensor. Wish List of Titans:Metrotitan,Majin Zarak
o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 55
Watch o.supreme on YouTube
Buy from o.supreme on eBay

Postby RodimusConvoy13 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:28 am

Motto: "Well, when I see five weirdos dressed in togas, stabbing a man in the middle of the park in full view of a hundred people, I shoot the bastards! That's MY policy!"
Stargrave wrote:They’re just taking the battle damage aesthetic to the next level, jeepers. I know Slamdance ‘shoots himself in the foot’ sometimes but this is ridiculous.

My Red Alert is a tad just a smidge looser in the legs but honestly pretty solid.

I know what you mean about that curse of the second use of the mold but with him it’s not so much the case. Thundercracker will be my second Seeker so I’m really curious to see how it holds up. I love Starscream I’m feeling I won’t be disappointed everyone’s loving the Seekers for the same reasons I am.

I just got Thundercracker yesterday. He's great! The chest panel shows no signs of falling off. I don't have any issues with the figure. At least nothing that can't be fixed with a quarter turn of a screw driver. Slightly loose elbow on one side. No biggie.
"One of them even took the time to smear, “Fans are TeH SUCK!!!” in poop all over my windshield!"

Counterpunch
RodimusConvoy13
Gestalt

Postby sol magnus » Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:31 am

Motto: "This is the most beautiful thing in the entire universe. Ok, give me the bomb."
Weapon: Laser Rifle
RodimusConvoy13 wrote:
Stargrave wrote:They’re just taking the battle damage aesthetic to the next level, jeepers. I know Slamdance ‘shoots himself in the foot’ sometimes but this is ridiculous.

I just got Thundercracker yesterday. He's great! The chest panel shows no signs of falling off. I don't have any issues with the figure. At least nothing that can't be fixed with a quarter turn of a screw driver. Slightly loose elbow on one side. No biggie.

Did you order him from Pulse? Amazon?
'Til All Are One.
sol magnus
Gestalt
News Credits: 10
Strength: 10
Endurance: 9
Skill: 9

Postby Vic Zanzibar » Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:32 am

I just won’t transform my Slammy. If I ever feel the need to transform a figure into stumpy and dorky looking plane and tank modes, I’ll just use Skytread.
Vic Zanzibar
Minibot

Postby RodimusConvoy13 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:38 am

sol magnus wrote:
RodimusConvoy13 wrote:

Did you order him from Pulse? Amazon?

Amazon. I got lucky. I saw he was in stock, but by the time I went to order him, it said August 31st before he'd ship. Next day I was on Amazon again and it said 1-2 days. Cancelled the first order and ordered again. Now he's August 31st again.

Counterpunch
RodimusConvoy13
Gestalt

Postby Bounti76 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:58 am

Weapon: Vibro-Axe
I got Skywarp yesterday, and his chest panel is just as prone to popping off as Starscream's, if not more. I have all the other Seekers, and so far, only Starscream and Skywarp have that issue.
Bounti76
News Staff
News Credits: 376
Strength: 5
Speed: 5
Endurance: 9
Firepower: 6

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE #9 RI 1:10 virgin IDW Comics 2009 JUL090906 9RI (CA) Atkins (W) Dixon"
GI JOE #9 RI 1:10 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #1 2nd ptg Cvr A Rock N Roll Image Comics 2024 GI JOE 1123IM896 (CA) Howard"
NEW!
DUKE #1 2nd ptg Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #3 Cvr E 1:50 Image Comics 2024 3E GI JOE 1223IM275 (CA) Kerschl"
NEW!
DUKE #3 Cvr E 1:50 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #4 3rd ptg Image Comics 2024 1123IM893 (CA) Flaviano (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #4 3rd ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #4 Cvr E 1:50 Image Comics 4E GI JOE 0124IM251 (CA) Oliver (W) Williamson"
NEW!
DUKE #4 Cvr E 1:50 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #3 Cvr A Image Comics 2024 3A GI JOE 1223IM271 (A/CA) Reilly (W) WIlliamson"
NEW!
DUKE #3 Cvr A Imag ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI Joe: SNAKES EYES AGENT OF COBRA #3 IDW Comics 2015 (W) Costa 200210a"
GI Joe: SNAKES EYE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #303 Cvr C 1:10 Image Comics 303C Walker + Segala"
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero YO JOE #1 IDW Comics 2022 DEC210518 (CA) Maine"
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #305 Cvr B Image Comics 2024 0124IM259 305B (CA)Kubert"
NEW!
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE YEARBOOK #4 Marvel Comics 1988 (CA) Trimpe (W) Hama 220721B"
NEW!
GI JOE YEARBOOK #4 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #3 Cvr E 1:50 Image Comics 2023 JUN230379 3E (CA) Clarke (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #3 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #1 Cvr D 1:25 Image Comics 2023 1D GI JOE 1023IM262 (CA) Epting"
DUKE #1 Cvr D 1:25 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #7 Cvr A Image Comics 2024 0124IM326 7A (CA) De Felici (W) Kirkman"
NEW!
VOID RIVALS #7 Cvr ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #346 - Gas Station Jamboree
Twincast / Podcast #346:
"Gas Station Jamboree"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 23rd, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Snarl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Punch-Counterpunch and Prima Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Nemesis Prime (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Moonracer" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Slug" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Starscream Figure Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Autobot Hound" on AMAZON
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 06 Voyager Class Movie 1 Starscream" on AMAZON