This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Discussion Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Discussion Thread

Postby Autobot Roadburn » Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:59 pm

Deadput wrote:Besides a few characters like Overlord most characters were way to damn big in the leader size class, at least in generations, Titans Return Blaster/Soundwave being an example.

Would people really want a Shockwave or Astrotrain that was way taller then Megatron, Starscream and Soundwave?

The Leader size point also allows them to be less hollow and more solid.

I agree on most of your points, but honestly I would've loved an Astrotrain at full leader size. Since he's sometimes a transport unit for the entire Decepticon army I think it would make sense if he was a giant bruiser. I know it wouldn't be accurate to G1 but I like some more exaggerated size differences like MTMTE or Animated characters.

Love Shockwave just how he is, though. :CON:
Autobot Roadburn
Combiner
News Credits: 8
Buy from Autobot Roadburn on eBay
Strength: 2
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 5
Endurance: 9
Courage: 7
Firepower: 2
Skill: 8

Postby YoungPrime » Thu Oct 03, 2019 6:06 am

Deadput wrote:Besides a few characters like Overlord most characters were way to damn big in the leader size class, at least in generations, Titans Return Blaster/Soundwave being an example.

Would people really want a Shockwave or Astrotrain that was way taller then Megatron, Starscream and Soundwave?

I didn't ask for Astrotrain to be a Leader class to begin with. Him and Shockwave are rip offs. I'm sticking with the Takara Legends Astrotrain since Spinister is the only wave 5 figure that stands out in these pictures.
Last edited by YoungPrime on Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
YoungPrime
Headmaster Jr

Postby blackeyedprime » Thu Oct 03, 2019 6:30 am

Motto: "Me Grimlock, you slag."
Weapon: Particle Beam Cannon

It would be nice not to have the hands the size of a toddlers to hold shockwave in gun mode, so if ended up being bigger than megatron I'd be fine with it. Same if they do Galvatron or megatron with his gun mode. Even TR six shot could have done with being a little bit bigger than he was.

The TR soundwave/blaster may be oversized (and look cool in alt mode with titans) but at least its getting value for money instead of being ripped off with siege leaders for the most part price wise.
blackeyedprime
City Commander
News Credits: 18
Alt Mode: a spoon
Strength: 3
Endurance: 8
Courage: 9
Skill: 6

Postby Immortal Starscream » Thu Oct 03, 2019 6:42 am

I love the fact that Hasbro has made such a big deal about keeping characters in scale, though I am not a fan of voyager size figures being leader price points.

that said though, I love shockwave a ton, and astrotrain looks just as fantastic. so much so that I will get him and replace classics astrotrain on my shelf, which is my favorite classics figure, so thats saying something

back to scale however, astrotrain is a character who's scale seemed to fluxuate from episode to episode. like in the episode the god gambit he is huge, sometines shown much bigger then starscream, then in tripple takeover hes the same size as starscream.

this happened with Grimlock a bit too. hell, in season 3 he was the same size as rodimus is some episodes

... and now I want a new grimlock in the same scale as siege jetfire

decepticons are all about as tall as megatron. megatron and optimus were the same size, autobots were all smaller then optimus... yet somehow austobots were also the same size as the decepticons. Mass shifting isn't just for transforming (I know this isn't true across all episodes)

"They're playing with him... and when they're done they're going to play with me.... OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!"
Immortal Starscream
Headmaster

Postby mattysan » Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:08 am

mattysan
Mini-Con
News Credits: 2

Postby NTESHFT » Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:15 am

Motto: "60% of the time, it works every time!"
Weapon: Black Magic
Why didn't they just sell him as a Voyager class to begin with?.....I may not get him now now...just pass on him like I did Shockwave...I do not feel like paying 50 bucks for a Voyager class with extra parts...just like Shockwave..I feel this is a RIP off....
NTESHFT
Brainmaster
Buy from NTESHFT on eBay
Alt Mode: NISMO 370Z
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 9
Endurance: 7
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Postby YRQRM0 » Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:09 am

I guess with his car attachment he's worth the price...but I hate to see how small his bot mode is all the same. I regret Shockwave because I really don't care for his extra parts, so I'll probably be passing on Astro sadly.
YRQRM0
Gestalt Team Leader
News Credits: 1
Watch YRQRM0 on YouTube
Strength: 6
Speed: 6
Endurance: 10

Postby william-james88 » Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:40 am

Motto: "'till All Are One"

Those leader class figures werent meant to scale with the others, just with themselves as Budget MPs. But that reminds me, now they all feel ultra redundant since I have MPs anyway, might be time to sell.

I think people are more pissed at the idea that it says leader class and isnt a big toy, regardless if it would scale or not. Might be time to revert back to 5 years ago where there was at most 1 leader class toy a year.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4498
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby sol magnus » Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:45 am

Motto: "This is the most beautiful thing in the entire universe. Ok, give me the bomb."
Weapon: Laser Rifle
william-james88 wrote:

Those leader class figures werent meant to scale with the others, just with themselves as Budget MPs. But that reminds me, now they all feel ultra redundant since I have MPs anyway, might be time to sell.

I think people are more pissed at the idea that it says leader class and isnt a big toy, regardless if it would scale or not. Might be time to revert back to 5 years ago where there was at most 1 leader class toy a year.

I think the 50 price tag is part of the issue as well. For some reason, Magnus and Prime 'feel' like you're getting a 50 toy, whereas Shockwave and Astrotrain don't give that same 'feeling.'

I'm still getting Astrotrain, and what is saving it is that he segues into the next line. I might have to scoop up the Titans Return one to display him with Siege figures. So, I guess win for Hasbro.
'Til All Are One.
sol magnus
Gestalt
News Credits: 10
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 9
Courage: 10
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby bodrock » Thu Oct 03, 2019 2:21 pm

Motto: "Spare me this mockery of justice!"
Weapon: Heat-Seeking Laser Blasters
$50 was too much, but I really enjoy Shockwave in “Nemesis” mode ;)
Transform & MEMEIFY!

>GAME-ON/UTAWARERUMONO/
>PretenderQuest
>On InstaGram
bodrock
City Commander
News Credits: 3
Alt Mode: Space Gangsta
Intelligence: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6

Postby Nemesis Primal » Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:46 pm

Motto: "Anything worth doing is worth suffering for."
Weapon: Twin Swords
FOR ANYONE UNABLE TO ACQUIRE A SMASHDOWN: Fret not, they're being rereleased in Wave 1 of Earthrise according to BBTS. :-D
Nemesis Primal
Godmaster
News Credits: 48
Alt Mode: Purple monkey I guess
Strength: 6
Speed: 7
Firepower: 9
Skill: 7

Postby Deadput » Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:38 pm

Motto: "Let's kick the tires and light the fires!"
Weapon: Fusion Blaster Cannon
blackeyedprime wrote:
It would be nice not to have the hands the size of a toddlers to hold shockwave in gun mode, so if ended up being bigger than megatron I'd be fine with it. Same if they do Galvatron or megatron with his gun mode. Even TR six shot could have done with being a little bit bigger than he was.

The TR soundwave/blaster may be oversized (and look cool in alt mode with titans) but at least its getting value for money instead of being ripped off with siege leaders for the most part price wise.

Because value is based on the size of it obviously

That's why phones are the size of laptops right?

I would say that Soundwave and Blaster were not worth the money value because their worse toys then Shockwave, Shockwave's a good toy overall and I got my money's worth from it due to how often I fiddle with the guy as opposed to TR Soundwave who I fiddle with for a few days and put in a tub since there were better figures to not only fiddle with but to scale with my collection.
Va'al wrote:
Deadput wrote:Actually I don't know my mother's name is Valerie so is Va'al actually my mother?

Yes. Now go to your room and don't play with yourself.

Deadput
Faction Commander
News Credits: 54
Alt Mode: A mec suit for redundancy.
Endurance: 3
Skill: 5

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Thu Oct 03, 2019 5:14 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
Deadput wrote:
blackeyedprime wrote:

Because value is based on the size of it obviously

That's why phones are the size of laptops right?

I would say that Soundwave and Blaster were not worth the money value because their worse toys then Shockwave, Shockwave's a good toy overall and I got my money's worth from it due to how often I fiddle with the guy as opposed to TR Soundwave who I fiddle with for a few days and put in a tub since there were better figures to not only fiddle with but to scale with my collection.

I would actually argue the opposite: I feel like my Blaster and Soundwave were better deals than Shockwave. i love Shockwave, but I think that Blaster and Soundwave were more fun for the buck
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Strength: 5
Firepower: 8

Postby Deadput » Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:23 pm

Motto: "Let's kick the tires and light the fires!"
Weapon: Fusion Blaster Cannon
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:I would actually argue the opposite: I feel like my Blaster and Soundwave were better deals than Shockwave. i love Shockwave, but I think that Blaster and Soundwave were more fun for the buck

I'm just bitter about the whole leader class debate.

I don't care what sorta box they come in, just about the quality of the figure itself, the Shockwave figure is a great representation of him and it's a shame fans write him off because he doesn't tower over the rest of the figures, maybe it would of been better if he was a voyager but honest he probably would of been slightly more hollow and such instead of being a "solid" figure.

It's not like Astrotrain is just the figure, he comes with a bunch of accessories and weapons which I feel makes up for it.
Va'al wrote:
Deadput wrote:Actually I don't know my mother's name is Valerie so is Va'al actually my mother?

Yes. Now go to your room and don't play with yourself.

Deadput
Faction Commander
News Credits: 54
Alt Mode: A mec suit for redundancy.
Skill: 5

Postby sol magnus » Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:27 am

Motto: "This is the most beautiful thing in the entire universe. Ok, give me the bomb."
Weapon: Laser Rifle
Deadput wrote:
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:I would actually argue the opposite: I feel like my Blaster and Soundwave were better deals than Shockwave. i love Shockwave, but I think that Blaster and Soundwave were more fun for the buck

I'm just bitter about the whole leader class debate.

I don't care what sorta box they come in, just about the quality of the figure itself, the Shockwave figure is a great representation of him and it's a shame fans write him off because he doesn't tower over the rest of the figures, maybe it would of been better if he was a voyager but honest he probably would of been slightly more hollow and such instead of being a "solid" figure.

It's not like Astrotrain is just the figure, he comes with a bunch of accessories and weapons which I feel makes up for it.

I agree with you on Shockwave. He's totally solid. Voyager sized, but not Voyager quality. I don't regret getting him at all. BEFORE I got him I was wary of the cheap gimmick of extra arms and legs "armor," though.

In this game, it's all about the feelz.
'Til All Are One.
sol magnus
Gestalt
News Credits: 10

Postby emlit » Fri Oct 04, 2019 12:37 pm

Motto: "I’ve already calculated your next three actions - save us some time and yield."
Weapon: Ionic Displacer Rifle
Nemesis Primal wrote:FOR ANYONE UNABLE TO ACQUIRE A SMASHDOWN: Fret not, they're being rereleased in Wave 1 of Earthrise according to BBTS. :-D

I was stoked when I first heard this. Best news out of Earthrise so far ;)
emlit
Minibot
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Atmospheric Superiority Fighter
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10
Endurance: 6

Postby o.supreme » Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:32 pm

Motto: "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes"
Well...lookie what I found at my local Target. Others have reported online before me today, but I think this is a first, seeing something the same day as someone else's first time sighting. No Mirage or Barricade. I think a scalper must have gotten pretty much all the others. not sure why they left one Impactor behind but oh well...Neat to see.
Attachments
thumbnail.jpg
Bucket/Want List: Botcon 2016 Customization Class Ratchet (G2 Deco), or Customization Class Ratchet (Marvel Comics Deco) **would also be willing to pay for an Unpainted Botcon 2016 Ratchet, TT Legends Fortress Head (only) with working Electronics

Wish List of Modern Combiners: Road Caesar, Monstructor & Dinoking (proper size to fiction), Landcross, Guard City, Battle Gaia, & G2 Defensor. Wish List of Titans:Metrotitan,Majin Zarak
o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 55
Watch o.supreme on YouTube
Buy from o.supreme on eBay

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:39 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
o.supreme wrote:Well...lookie what I found at my local Target. Others have reported online before me today, but I think this is a first, seeing something the same day as someone else's first time sighting. No Mirage or Barricade. I think a scalper must have gotten pretty much all the others. not sure why they left one Impactor behind but oh well...Neat to see.

Dammit, time to check Targets tomorrow
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Strength: 5

Transformers Siege Wave 4 Deluxe Toys Found at US Retail

Postby william-james88 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:48 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
Right as the 4th quarter of the year begins, the 4th wave of deluxes from Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege arrive at US retail. Fellow Seibertronian O.Supreme found Impactor (Marvel UK version) at Target. There are sightings from several places in the US, all from today. It is $19.99.

o.supreme wrote:Well...lookie what I found at my local Target. Others have reported online before me today, but I think this is a first, seeing something the same day as someone else's first time sighting. No Mirage or Barricade. I think a scalper must have gotten pretty much all the others. not sure why they left one Impactor behind but oh well...Neat to see.

If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4498
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby Randomhero » Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:53 pm

I went out tonight and didn’t find anything. Hopefully the next couple says they get stocked up
Randomhero
Gestalt

Postby bodrock » Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:48 pm

Motto: "Spare me this mockery of justice!"
Weapon: Heat-Seeking Laser Blasters
Ooh! I thought I got lucky getting Nightbird today at my local overpriced hobby shop. I gotta have dat Impactor.
Transform & MEMEIFY!

>GAME-ON/UTAWARERUMONO/
>PretenderQuest
>On InstaGram
bodrock
City Commander
Alt Mode: Space Gangsta
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6

Postby Brass Drag0n » Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:03 am

The have also made it to the UK (amazingly).

I saw Barricade, Mirage and Impactor on the shelf in Smyth's Toys.
Brass Drag0n
Mini-Con

Postby Survivefan23 » Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:52 am

Motto: ""Time to Smash now, Time to Talk latter.""
Ya'll must be so lucky. My Walmart is still carrying Wave 2 deluxes here. No wave 3. No Battlemasters, I only got Ultimate Grimlock & Megatron from Cyberverse. No Spark Armors. I don't have a Target in my area. I live in Laurel, Mississippi.
Survivefan23
Survivefan23
Mini-Con
News Credits: 47
Alt Mode: Monster Truck
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 3
Speed: 8
Courage: 10+

Postby blackeyedprime » Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:59 am

Motto: "Me Grimlock, you slag."
Weapon: Particle Beam Cannon
My jetfires due this week from Amazon UK, just got shipping notice :) and the toy colors refraktor is probably my fave siege figure/s so far.
blackeyedprime
City Commander
Alt Mode: a spoon
Skill: 6

Postby chuckdawg1999 » Sat Oct 05, 2019 4:09 pm

Motto: "The man, the myth, the legend... yeah right."
Weapon: Saber Blade
For those wondering about Impactor

chuckdawg1999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 317
Watch chuckdawg1999 on YouTube
Buy from chuckdawg1999 on eBay
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10
Skill: 10

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "JUNKHEAP Transformers Studio Series 86-14 Animated Movie Voyager 2022 New"
JUNKHEAP Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-E10 GRAPPLE Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise Voyager Hasbro 2020 New"
NEW!
WFC-E10 GRAPPLE Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K31 SHADOW PANTHER Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe 2021 New"
WFC-K31 SHADOW PAN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BWVS-02 RHINOX + SCORPONOK Transformers Beast Wars Again Kingdom Hasbro 2023 New"
BWVS-02 RHINOX + S ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WRECK-GAR Transformers Studio Series 86-09 Animated Movie Voyager 2021 New"
WRECK-GAR Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K33 SLAMMER Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Hasbro 2022 New"
NEW!
WFC-K33 SLAMMER Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "IRONHIDE Transformers Studio Series 86 Core Class Hasbro 2023 New"
IRONHIDE Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K23 PREDACON SCORPONOK Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe 2021 New"
WFC-K23 PREDACON S ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #9 Cover A IDW Comic 2019 BOLD NEW ERA SIEGE 9A (CA) Miyao"
TRANSFORMERS #9 Co ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K27 RHINOX Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Voyager Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K27 RHINOX Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K26 TRACKS Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe 2021 New"
WFC-K26 TRACKS Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K38 RED ALERT Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Walgreens 2021 New"
WFC-K38 RED ALERT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KUP Transformers Studio Series 86-02 Animated Movie Deluxe Hasbro 2021 New"
KUP Transformers S ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K10 MEGATRON Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Leader Beast Wars 2021 New"
WFC-K10 MEGATRON T ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Tailgate" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Snarl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 12 Voyager Class Movie 1 Decepticon Brawl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Optimus Prime Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Xort and Highbrow" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Smokescreen" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers RID Combiner Force Warriors Class Starscream" on AMAZON