This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Discussion Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Discussion Thread

Postby chuckdawg1999 » Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:01 pm

Motto: "The man, the myth, the legend... yeah right."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Skritz wrote:
Sentinel_Primal wrote:Really liking Rung. Just wish HasTak would sell a bag of the parts in all the different colors they've got because Rung's would look great in purple for Siege Megatron's fusion blast :lol:

If it was up to me running this trilogy I'd have Battlemasters (and effects) blind bags and every mold available in 3-4 colors and each mold would have at least 2-3 permutation of the barrel. If it was up to me I'd have these guys so produced the molds would fall apart! :lol:

You had me until the whole blind bagging. I definitely feel there should've been more barrel options, especially of the single variety.
chuckdawg1999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 317
Watch chuckdawg1999 on YouTube
Buy from chuckdawg1999 on eBay
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Postby Skritz » Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:15 am

chuckdawg1999 wrote:
Skritz wrote:
Sentinel_Primal wrote:Really liking Rung. Just wish HasTak would sell a bag of the parts in all the different colors they've got because Rung's would look great in purple for Siege Megatron's fusion blast :lol:

If it was up to me running this trilogy I'd have Battlemasters (and effects) blind bags and every mold available in 3-4 colors and each mold would have at least 2-3 permutation of the barrel. If it was up to me I'd have these guys so produced the molds would fall apart! :lol:

You had me until the whole blind bagging. I definitely feel there should've been more barrel options, especially of the single variety.

This is a hypothetical scenario where I'm a corporate suit. I'd be legally obligated to thrown in at least one scummy curveball to make the fandom hate me!
Skritz
Gestalt

Postby Sentinel_Primal » Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:27 am

Weapon: Thermal Sword
Skritz wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:
Skritz wrote:

This is a hypothetical scenario where I'm a corporate suit. I'd be legally obligated to thrown in at least one scummy curveball to make the fandom hate me!

Well, you found the sure fire way :lol: I have the worst luck with blind bags so I'd practically never get Rung, but I'd get 9 Firedrives so at least there's that :lol:
Sentinel_Primal
Godmaster
News Credits: 12
Alt Mode: Sea Serpent
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 6
Endurance: 4
Courage: 4
Firepower: 2
Skill: 5

Postby Skritz » Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:49 am

Sentinel_Primal wrote:
Skritz wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:
Skritz wrote:

Well, you found the sure fire way :lol: I have the worst luck with blind bags so I'd practically never get Rung, but I'd get 9 Firedrives so at least there's that :lol:

Well, I'm sure those multicolored Firedrive could make interesting partners to various Siege figures depending on the color scheme. Speaking of color scheme on Battlemasters: I've swapped limbs around and ended up with spare parts taking the form of a Caliburst with blue limbs and barrel. It looks really cool.
Skritz
Gestalt

Postby First Gen » Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:26 am

Motto: "Til All Are One."
Weapon: Dual Laser Cannon
I gotta say, the detail on these smaller figures is getting substantially better. Love the face and chest.
newsig by sserrano03, on Flickr

http://forallmankind.wordpress.com/

Follow me on Twitter, unlike most, I'm interesting :)

Http://twitter.com/stevenrocks5937
First Gen
Faction Commander
News Credits: 1014
Watch First Gen on YouTube
Buy from First Gen on eBay
Alt Mode: A Truck
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Endurance: 8
Firepower: 7

Postby ScottyP » Sat Nov 02, 2019 5:54 pm

Weapon: Battle Blades
Glad this toy exists, still really really really want a normal sized one. Would have been totally fine with a retooling of PotP Moonracer or Firestar as a start! Just worried that with Rung being a tail-ender in the price class for Siege that's had the worst distribution that he's destined for slow sales by default, which could be all someone needs to justify not making more versions of him. Hopefully I'm overthinking it :)

Skritz wrote:While I don't like Rung as a character at all I can definitely appreciate the uniqueness of his mold and the fact it came out in Siege, of all things. Still totally planning to sand down his face and turn him into protoforms/stasis pods. :twisted:
This is the worst post.
Listen to me ramble about robots on the Seibertron.com Twincast / Podcast
ScottyP
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 639
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Postby Skritz » Sat Nov 02, 2019 6:57 pm

I might still end up with a regular Rung purely because he come in a two pack of his wavemate online, dude. This is just a callback to me planning to use any spare Rungs and to turn him into a protoform with a stasis pod because this is what he remind me, what with his big round spark-shaped crystalline structure in the middle and his altmode looking ovoid.

I'm not going to be actually defacing some Rungs to spite on IDW fanboys, I'm just planning to get 3-4 spare ones if I can because I got an interesting custom idea for him. >:oP
Skritz
Gestalt

Postby DynamiteShikoku » Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:31 pm

saw 3 and bought 3, gonna hawk the 2 on amazon for 40 each :twisted:

Also Ratchet is no longer listed on Walgreens website :lol:

DynamiteShikoku
Mini-Con

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Nov 02, 2019 8:54 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Skritz wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:
Skritz wrote:While I don't like Rung as a character at all I can definitely appreciate the uniqueness of his mold and the fact it came out in Siege, of all things. Still totally planning to sand down his face and turn him into protoforms/stasis pods. :twisted:

Thats just mean, what did the first Transformer ever (in IDW ver 1 at least) do to you :-P

Being the awful self insert of an awful writer retcon into basically being God?
He's not God, he's Adam. ;)
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 436
Strength: 7
Speed: 7
Courage: 8
Skill: 9

Postby no-one » Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:13 pm

DynamiteShikoku wrote:saw 3 and bought 3, gonna hawk the 2 on amazon for 40 each :twisted:

^
ScottyP wrote:This is the worst post.
no-one
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 131

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:55 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
carytheone wrote:
DynamiteShikoku wrote:saw 3 and bought 3, gonna hawk the 2 on amazon for 40 each :twisted:

^
ScottyP wrote:This is the worst post.

Bragging about scalping, not in very good taste to me.
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Endurance: 7
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Postby aronjlove » Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:45 pm

I know he is a divisive figure to many, but, here's Rung!

aronjlove
Brainmaster
News Credits: 23

Postby Skritz » Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:03 pm

By the way, given the flak I've gotten for saying I was going to 'deface Rung' allow me to explain. I will take spare Rungs (since, given he's a late wave in a size class that sell poorly in my area he should eventually be found taking space at retail) and smooth out his face with some putty. Then I will cover the whole thing in gunmetal or silver.
As much as I dislike James Robert's writing fumble, you could argue I'm still playing into the part that Rung=the first if I use him as a basis for Protoforms, right? :-?
Skritz
Gestalt

Postby Sentinel_Primal » Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:33 pm

Weapon: Thermal Sword
Skritz wrote:*lots of good stuff defending their idea*

I'll be honest, seeing the flak you've been getting, I'm disappointed. Your idea to customize Rung is really smart, and definitely not one I would have thought of, but it's a really good idea. But, because it's an IDW character, suddenly you're a villain. Every custom figure needs a base, unless you feel like 3D printing essentially a new figure. Different figures get customized into different characters all the time, and yet I've not seen anyone complain when that happens. I didn't see any of your comments as spiteful towards IDW or Rung, but rather just a joking comment on your distaste towards Rung's true identity. Just my take on everything, and honestly, if you buy all the Rungs, Hasbro doesn't see what happens after, so they may just think people love IDW and start throwing out more figures based on IDW designs. As far as I see it, you win by getting to have a fun little project of making custom Protoforms, and fans of IDW might win because the designs may end up getting official toys. Especially seeing the model kit for IDW Megatron
Sentinel_Primal
Godmaster
News Credits: 12
Alt Mode: Sea Serpent
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 5
Endurance: 4
Courage: 4
Skill: 5

Postby Skritz » Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:16 pm

I honestly didn't pick Rung as a custom base because of the character, yeah. He's just the mold that fits. However its really funny for me to joke about 'defacing someone's self-insert' with sandpaper or a dremel tool like I'm some sort of mutilating maniac! Truthfully I'm hardly someone who hate 100% IDW, what with wanting Thunderclash when, lets be real, nobody cared about Thunderclash before IDW comics.
Skritz
Gestalt

Postby Sarahthecutevixen » Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:53 pm

Motto: "Violence isn't the answer, it's the question. The answer is yes."
Weapon: Particle Beam Cannon
look what Ratchet can do :)

Before you ask, NO! I DID NOT MODIFY MY FIGURE OUT SIDE OF REMOVING THE HAND BY THE MUSHROOM PEG.
Sarahthecutevixen
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 6
Alt Mode: Draconian feline
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 9
Endurance: 10
Courage: 9
Firepower: 9

Postby ZeroWolf » Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:16 am

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
I'm pretty sure ScottyP wasn't being that serious with his thoughts. Especially when we've seen someone here taking pleasure in being a scalper
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
News Credits: 1350

Postby emlit » Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:36 am

Motto: "I’ve already calculated your next three actions - save us some time and yield."
Weapon: Ionic Displacer Rifle
TrypticonCarne wrote:look what Ratchet can do :)

Before you ask, NO! I DID NOT MODIFY MY FIGURE OUT SIDE OF REMOVING THE HAND BY THE MUSHROOM PEG.

Nice. I’ll have to try that.

Is anyone else’s Ratchet super loose? I didn’t pick up Ironhide and I know tightness varies from figure to figure, but he’s definitely the loosest Siege figure I own.
emlit
Minibot
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Atmospheric Superiority Fighter
Endurance: 6

Postby no-one » Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:39 am

emlit wrote:Is anyone else’s Ratchet super loose? I didn’t pick up Ironhide and I know tightness varies from figure to figure, but he’s definitely the loosest Siege figure I own.
The waist is fairly loose, much looser than Ironhide. Everything else seems normal/acceptable. Fortunately the waist doesn't affect any of the poses or transformation. Alt mode is fine because of the side panes and such.

I can't put a finger on it, but I prefer Ratchet over Ironhide in this mold.
no-one
Matrix Keeper

Postby aronjlove » Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:50 am

emlit wrote:Is anyone else’s Ratchet super loose? I didn’t pick up Ironhide and I know tightness varies from figure to figure, but he’s definitely the loosest Siege figure I own.

I got Ratchet first and he is pretty tight. Got Ironhide after and was surprised by how loose the hips feel.
aronjlove
Brainmaster
News Credits: 23

Postby emlit » Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:53 am

Motto: "I’ve already calculated your next three actions - save us some time and yield."
carytheone wrote:
The waist is fairly loose, much looser than Ironhide. Everything else seems normal/acceptable. Fortunately the waist doesn't affect any of the poses or transformation. Alt mode is fine because of the side panes and such.

Hm. Maybe it’s just mine then. In addition to the waist, my Ratchet’s knees (especially) and elbows are less-than-desirably tight. My only real quality issue with a Siege figure so far (well, considering I did a minor preventative fix on Slamdance, so I don’t count him).
emlit
Minibot

Postby no-one » Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:55 am

emlit wrote:
carytheone wrote:

Hm. Maybe it’s just mine then. In addition to the waist, my Ratchet’s knees (especially) and elbows are less-than-desirably tight. My only real quality issue with a Siege figure so far (well, considering I did a minor preventative fix on Slamdance, so I don’t count him).
QC is always a dice roll. You can always try and find another and return the loose one. I do that all the time after checking the new one and doing any part swaps 8-)
no-one
Matrix Keeper

Postby emlit » Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:11 am

carytheone wrote:
emlit wrote:
carytheone wrote:

QC is always a dice roll. You can always try and find another and return the loose one. I do that all the time after checking the new one and doing any part swaps 8-)

Your secret is safe with me ;)^
emlit
Minibot

Postby Skritz » Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:59 pm

My Ratchet is fine. Its Ironhide who has joints too tight.
Skritz
Gestalt

Postby Wolfman Jake » Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:14 pm

Motto: ""A mountain with a wolf on it stands a little taller."
-Edward Hoagland"
Weapon: Retractable Mecha-Fangs
My Ratchet has perfectly solid joints, not loose and not too tight. He holds a pose without any issue, and I never feel like I'm forcing anything during transformation between modes. My Ironhide is the same, except for the leg panels that like to pop off. That issue got better once I used the small screwdriver trick to help widen the holes slightly for the friction pegs. Ratchet's leg panels have never popped off. He's a solid figure through and through. :)
Wolfman Jake - Spendin' the day howlin' away.
Wolfman Jake
Faction Commander
News Credits: 65
Alt Mode: Wolf
Strength: 6

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CORONATION STARSCREAM Transformers Studio Series 86-12 Leader 2022 King 220907A"
CORONATION STARSCR ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K27 RHINOX Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Voyager Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K27 RHINOX Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "INFERNO Transformers Legacy Voyager Beast Wars Predacon 2022 New **IN-STOCK**"
INFERNO Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "JHIAXUS Transformers Legacy Voyager Class G2 Hasbro 2022 New **IN-STOCK NOW**"
JHIAXUS Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ARMADA STARSCREAM Transformers Legacy Voyager Class Hasbro 2022 New **IN-STOCK**"
ARMADA STARSCREAM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TREAD BOLT Transformers Universe Voyager complete + instructions 2008 230920A"
TREAD BOLT Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STARSCREAM Transformers Studio Series Gamer Edition +06 Voyager WFC 2024 New"
STARSCREAM Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE FALLEN Transformers Revenge Fallen ROTF Voyager complete Target 2009 220802A"
NEW!
THE FALLEN Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CYCLONUS + NIGHTSTICK Transformers Legacy Generations Selects Voyager 2022 New"
CYCLONUS + NIGHTST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BV-02 OPTIMUS PRIMAL Transformers Beast Awakening Voyager MV7 Rise ROTB 2023 New"
NEW!
BV-02 OPTIMUS PRIM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRASHMASTER Transformers Legacy Evolution Voyager Junkon Hasbro 2023 New"
TRASHMASTER Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "FALLEN LEADER OPTIMUS PRIME W/ MATRIX Transformers Super7 Reaction Series 4 New"
FALLEN LEADER OPTI ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DIRGE Transformers Legacy Evolution Voyager Class Conehead Hasbro 2023 New"
DIRGE Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OVERRIDE Transformers Legacy Velocitron Speedia 500 Voyager 2022 New 231203A"
OVERRIDE Transform ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Grotusque and Scorponok Deluxe Action Figure Exclusive Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Tailgate" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Cindersaur" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series Number 14 Voyager Class Autobot Ironhide" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Rippersnapper" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Xort and Highbrow" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Firefly Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Skrapnel" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Titans Return Legends Class Autobot Cosmos" on AMAZON