This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Discussion Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Reviews of all Wave 1 Netflix Transformers Series Exclusive Deluxe Toys

Postby aronjlove » Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:54 am

william-james88 wrote:People who attended Hasbro's event at the 2020 Toy Fair were given goody bags and in them was a deluxe from the upcoming exclusive Netflix Transformers series exclusive toyline. They are all Siege toys with different paint apps and each come with a cardboard piece to make Teletran One. Since they are all out in this way, it was not long for reviews to come in.

Below you will see a review of the entire first wave, done by RFC Reviews. These deluxes are Chromia, Scrapface, Sideswipe, Decepticon Disguise Mirage and Hound.

We also have a nice pictorial review of Chromia from Allspark with nice comparisons to the original. It is clear that this one looks better. However, it is still the Chromia toy so the improvement can only go so far.

Does anyone know the reasoning behind the removable crotch plate on Chromia/Nightbird. The stupid thing literally explodes away when trying to just twist the waist much less transform. The PotP version of these ladies don't have that and I know it is a different figure but dear God, why?
aronjlove
Brainmaster
News Credits: 23

Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Discussion Thread

Postby Lore Keeper » Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:27 am

So, how does one get an invite to Toy Fair? In case I ever matter enough to make the cut. Gotta say, I'm totally jealous of everyone that got one of these goody bags. :-P
Last edited by Lore Keeper on Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lore Keeper
Headmaster
News Credits: 11

Postby ZeldaTheSwordsman » Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:40 pm

Motto: "Earthrise restock or riot"
blackeyedprime wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:
blackeyedprime wrote:Weird, for figures with more paint on them they forget to paint some side parts of sideswipe black - I'll wait for earthrise sideswipe anyhoos and hope the siege figures improved on in a few areas.

I'm not sure we'll get a Sideswipe in Earthrise, his Siege alt looks pretty earth mode already.

If it's on the packaging, they will come.

Jest aside, pretty sure we will otherwise sunstreaker will be bro less.
Wheeljack was on the SIEGE packaging, didn't get a figure til Earthrise. Also, bear in mind that the package art of pending characters doesn't reflect what the toys will look like - I'm pretty sure that Trailbreaker isn't going to be a reissue of his T30 toy, and that they're not going to stuff G1 Conehead toys into Earthrise packaging. :P

An Earthrise Sideswipe isn't needed, since this is all one trilogy and we already got a sufficiently Earthlike Sideswipe during SIEGE. Who is not exactly difficult to come by.
WANT:
* Cybertron Galvatron key, missiles
* Omega Lock
* Primus Cyber Key, coattail panel
* Powerlinx Comettor
* Cyb Jetfire R gun and missile
* RiD Galvy dragon head, beast arms
* DotM Ironhide windshield, R hood assy.
* ROTF Jetfire R JTFR panel

Di Bonaventura is not a credible or trustworthy source. And most fans do like the diversity push, thanks.

Trading MOSC MMPR fliphead Pink Ranger for ER Fasttrack or SIEGE Refraktor
ZeldaTheSwordsman
Guardian Of Seibertron

Re: Reviews of all Wave 1 Netflix Transformers Series Exclusive Deluxe Toys

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Wed Feb 26, 2020 2:11 pm

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
aronjlove wrote:Does anyone know the reasoning behind the removable crotch plate on Chromia/Nightbird. The stupid thing literally explodes away when trying to just twist the waist much less transform. The PotP version of these ladies don't have that and I know it is a different figure but dear God, why?

With the current trends, it may be to make it easier to switch out molds for retools. Chromia's light blue parts such as the fists, upper arms, upper legs and waist, and the ankle tilts can easily be reused (if fact most were from Moonracer), while the other colors including the crotch plate are mainly for looks.
Last edited by Jelze Bunnycat on Wed Feb 26, 2020 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3

Looking for:
- TR Furos (Hardhead's head) and Crashbash (lost him :()
- PotP Punch head
- TR Galvatron right arm (the gun one)
- CW Brake-Neck/UW Wildrider, CW Offroad
- TR Twinferno & Grotusque
- Greenlight, Lancer and PotP Elita-1 (plus repro Victorion hands and feet?)
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 241
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Courage: 8
Skill: 5

Postby blackeyedprime » Wed Feb 26, 2020 2:11 pm

Motto: "Me Grimlock, you slag."
Weapon: Particle Beam Cannon
ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:
blackeyedprime wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:
blackeyedprime wrote:Weird, for figures with more paint on them they forget to paint some side parts of sideswipe black - I'll wait for earthrise sideswipe anyhoos and hope the siege figures improved on in a few areas.

I'm not sure we'll get a Sideswipe in Earthrise, his Siege alt looks pretty earth mode already.

Wheeljack was on the SIEGE packaging, didn't get a figure til Earthrise. Also, bear in mind that the package art of pending characters doesn't reflect what the toys will look like - I'm pretty sure that Trailbreaker isn't going to be a reissue of his T30 toy, and that they're not going to stuff G1 Conehead toys into Earthrise packaging. :P

An Earthrise Sideswipe isn't needed, since this is all one trilogy and we already got a sufficiently Earthlike Sideswipe during SIEGE. Who is not exactly difficult to come by.

Earthrise sideswipe is as much needed as smokescreen. But failing that, if they do a repainted blue sideswipe for second series of netlix there can be a Mr Birthday to go with Mr Strong :)
blackeyedprime
City Commander
News Credits: 18
Alt Mode: a spoon
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 5
Endurance: 8
Courage: 9
Firepower: 2
Skill: 6

Postby Wolfman Jake » Wed Feb 26, 2020 2:43 pm

Motto: ""A mountain with a wolf on it stands a little taller."
-Edward Hoagland"
Weapon: Retractable Mecha-Fangs
I too think Sideswipe is fine as is with his Siege release. That alt mode looks more like a near future version of the Countache than an alien spacecar from millions of years ago. Hound is another that I feel fits the "already terrestrial enough" Siege alt mode. He legitimately looks like an earth-based military jeep in Siege. Smokescreen, Prowl, Bluestreak, and Barricade, on the other hand, look more stylized Siege, and so are harder to pass off as real Earth vehicles, especially the ones with translucent wheels and Cybertronian lettering. Giving them a redo makes a lot more sense than Sideswipe and Red Alert.
Wolfman Jake - Spendin' the day howlin' away.
Wolfman Jake
Faction Commander
News Credits: 65
Alt Mode: Wolf
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Skill: 8

Postby ZeldaTheSwordsman » Wed Feb 26, 2020 3:11 pm

Wolfman Jake wrote:I too think Sideswipe is fine as is with his Siege release. That alt mode looks more like a near future version of the Countache than an alien spacecar from millions of years ago. Hound is another that I feel fits the "already terrestrial enough" Siege alt mode. He legitimately looks like an earth-based military jeep in Siege. Smokescreen, Prowl, Bluestreak, and Barricade, on the other hand, look more stylized Siege, and so are harder to pass off as real Earth vehicles, especially the ones with translucent wheels and Cybertronian lettering. Giving them a redo makes a lot more sense than Sideswipe and Red Alert.
Yeah, really.
The only thing that really sticks out is SIEGE Sideswipe lacks a spoiler. Even the windshield has the same profile.
WANT:
* Omega Lock
* Powerlinx Comettor

Di Bonaventura is not a credible or trustworthy source. And most fans do like the diversity push, thanks.

ZeldaTheSwordsman
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby emlit » Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:23 pm

Motto: "I’ve already calculated your next three actions - save us some time and yield."
Weapon: Ionic Displacer Rifle
blackeyedprime wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:

My major concern is having two bros whose alt modes look odd together. Whether one feels Sideswipe’s Siege vehicle was otherworldly or future Earth, neither interpretation will work with an 80s-style Countach look.
emlit
Minibot
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Atmospheric Superiority Fighter
Strength: 7
Speed: 10
Endurance: 6
Firepower: 7

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:41 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
Rodimus Prime wrote:Okay I admit I'm being salty about Jetfire. But it's because I was looking forward to him quite a bit and I got a borderline cyberverse figure. To me, basically he's an oversized KO of a deluxe figure. The only way he looks good to me is in jet mode from overhead. He just has too many unjustified gaps in his jet mode for such an expensive figure. The robot mode looks better, but again, for that price, he's not good enough. The T30 figure looks sharper paint-wise and even though his jet mode isn't accurate it's still a better value for the price. I know a lot of you will disagree and that's fine. Remember, this is just an opinion, don't lose your mind over it. :-D

Quoting this cause it seemed easiest with regards to Skyfire and Jetfire: I love Skyfire, but Jetfire remains one of my Top 5 all time favorites in my collection. That figure since day 1 has been a favorite, and i love him for all his greatness and shortcomings. His jet mode and mask are some of my favorite things about Transformers, and I think he is marvelous.

Also, now to go take some pics of Skyfire dropping bots into battle!
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Strength: 5
Endurance: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8

Postby ZeldaTheSwordsman » Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:42 pm

emlit wrote:
blackeyedprime wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:

My major concern is having two bros whose alt modes look odd together. Whether one feels Sideswipe’s Siege vehicle was otherworldly or future Earth, neither interpretation will work with an 80s-style Countach look.
Except that it already looks like an '80s-style Countach, just without a spoiler. Did you not see the comparison pic?
WANT:
* Omega Lock
* Powerlinx Comettor

ZeldaTheSwordsman
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby ZeroWolf » Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:43 pm

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
We won't know till we see Sunstreaker. Best bet would be see how Sideswipe looks next to Wheeljack. I still think that those wishing for an Earthrise Sideswipe are just getting their hopes up over nothing. Better to downplay expectations then getting your hopes dashed against the rocks of reality.
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
News Credits: 1350

Postby Ironhidensh » Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:51 pm

Motto: "Tell those damned kids to stay off my lawn!!!"
Weapon: Big Cannon
ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:
emlit wrote:
blackeyedprime wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:

Except that it already looks like an '80s-style Countach, just without a spoiler. Did you not see the comparison pic?

Yes. They look nothing alike. Seige Sideswipe might pass for a modern super car, but not a Countach. The Countach was a unique and iconic car. Very little looks like it, or cars styled like it.
Card carrying grumpy old man.

Leonardo wrote:Take your lips off my pipe!
Ironhidensh
Faction Commander
News Credits: 25
Buy from Ironhidensh on eBay
Strength: 10+
Speed: 4
Endurance: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 9

Postby emlit » Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:21 pm

Motto: "I’ve already calculated your next three actions - save us some time and yield."
ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:
emlit wrote:
blackeyedprime wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:

I did, although it wasn’t necessary. I own both. I just happen to not share that sentiment. There are absolute intentional design cues from the Countach for Siege Sideswipe, but it is most assuredly not to be confused with a vehicle from the 80s.
emlit
Minibot

Postby ZeldaTheSwordsman » Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:41 pm

You say that, and yet...
It has a silhouette near identical to an '80s Lamborghini Countach including the windshield, it has rear intake vents in the same places as an '80s Lamborghini Countach (albeit deviant in their specific design so lawyers don't make a fuss), it has a front end very much like that of an '80s Lamborghini Countach including the headlights...
The wheels aren't typical Lamborghini Countach wheels, but they look very much like Earth car wheels. AND an awful lot like the wheel modeled by the MP Collector's Coin:
WANT:
* Omega Lock
* Powerlinx Comettor

ZeldaTheSwordsman
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby emlit » Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:50 pm

ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:You say that, and yet...
It has a silhouette near identical to an '80s Lamborghini Countach including the windshield, it has rear intake vents in the same places as an '80s Lamborghini Countach (albeit deviant in their specific design so lawyers don't make a fuss), it has a front end very much like that of an '80s Lamborghini Countach including the headlights...
The wheels aren't typical Lamborghini Countach wheels, but they look very much like Earth car wheels. AND an awful lot like the wheel modeled by the MP Collector's Coin:

Thank you for taking the time to point out the design cues I alluded to.
emlit
Minibot

Postby ZeldaTheSwordsman » Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:56 pm

Those drive it firmly into "Earth car wearing alien sunshades under the windshield" for me. The wheels are the clincher.
WANT:
* Omega Lock
* Powerlinx Comettor

ZeldaTheSwordsman
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Deadput » Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:38 am

Motto: "Let's kick the tires and light the fires!"
Weapon: Fusion Blaster Cannon
Siege Sideswipe's alt mode doesn't look like the original vehicle.

Siege Sideswipe is more "round" then "rectangle", looks like a puff fish in comparison.
Va'al wrote:
Deadput wrote:Actually I don't know my mother's name is Valerie so is Va'al actually my mother?

Yes. Now go to your room and don't play with yourself.

Deadput
Faction Commander
News Credits: 54
Alt Mode: A mec suit for redundancy.
Strength: 3
Speed: 9
Endurance: 3
Courage: 7
Firepower: 10
Skill: 5

Postby ZeroWolf » Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:19 am

I'd still say chances are a Earthrise Sideswipe is quite low, also have we considered the possibility that Siege Sideswipe is the closest hasbro can get to the Countach without running into licencing issues?
ZeroWolf
News Admin

Postby gothsaurus » Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:30 am

Seeing the redux Datsun brothers, I FULLY expect an Earthrise Sideswipe. >:oP
gothsaurus
Gestalt

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:00 am

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
The Sideswipe seen on the Earthrise packaging is Siege Sideswipe:

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 434
Courage: 8

Postby ZeroWolf » Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:45 am

Just as Hound and Shockwave are the Siege versions.
ZeroWolf
News Admin

Postby sol magnus » Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:53 pm

Motto: "This is the most beautiful thing in the entire universe. Ok, give me the bomb."
Weapon: Laser Rifle
I hope they redo at least Prowl in Earth mode off of Smokescreen. Hell, I like the more-accurate gun Smokescreen comes with enough to want the other Datsun brothers remade in some way, be it exclusive or Amazon set.
'Til All Are One.
sol magnus
Gestalt
News Credits: 10
Strength: 10
Speed: 6
Endurance: 9

Postby chuckdawg1999 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 4:50 pm

Motto: "The man, the myth, the legend... yeah right."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Does Chromia come with the grenades?
chuckdawg1999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 317
Watch chuckdawg1999 on YouTube
Buy from chuckdawg1999 on eBay
Strength: 10
Endurance: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Postby Wolfman Jake » Thu Feb 27, 2020 5:00 pm

Motto: ""A mountain with a wolf on it stands a little taller."
-Edward Hoagland"
Weapon: Retractable Mecha-Fangs
chuckdawg1999 wrote:Does Chromia come with the grenades?

Yes, they are now cast in black plastic and harder to see in some pictures, especially against a black background, but they are indeed still there.
Wolfman Jake - Spendin' the day howlin' away.
Wolfman Jake
Faction Commander
News Credits: 65
Alt Mode: Wolf
Strength: 6

Postby emlit » Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:07 pm

Wolfman Jake wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:Does Chromia come with the grenades?

Yes, they are now cast in black plastic and harder to see in some pictures, especially against a black background, but they are indeed still there.

The black plastic will be a definite improvement for some of the alternate uses of those grenades...

Stargrave wrote:Jetfire’s blast effects make awesome laser swords
emlit
Minibot

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #4 Cvr E 1:50 Image Comics 4E GI JOE 0124IM251 (CA) Oliver (W) Williamson"
NEW!
DUKE #4 Cvr E 1:50 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #1 2nd ptg Cvr C Image Comics 2024 GI JOE 1123IM898 (CA) Reilly"
NEW!
DUKE #1 2nd ptg Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #23 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 230926W"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATION 2 #1 Marvel Comics 1993 (W) Furman (CA) Yaniger 230915A"
TRANSFORMERS GENER ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #3 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2021 FEB210484 3RI (CA) Perez"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #10 Marvel Comics 1985 (CA) Baker (W) Budiansky 210422A"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #52 Marvel Comics 1989 (W) Budiansky (A/CA) Delbo 210422B"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers WINDBLADE #6 sub Vol 2 IDW Comics 2015 (CA) Coller 210819A"
Transformers WINDB ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS ESCAPE #1 Cvr B IDW Comics 2020 OCT200411 1B (CA) Chan"
TRANSFORMERS ESCAP ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS GALAXIES #5 Cover B IDW Comics 2020 NOV190607 5B (CA)Pitre-Durocher"
TRANSFORMERS GALAX ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #3 4th ptg Image Comics 2024 1123IM892 (CA) Torque (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #3 4th ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #6 Cvr B IDW Comics 2021 MAY210469 6B (CA) Schoening"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COBRA COMMANDER #1 Cvr G Image Comics 2024 1G 1123IM203 (CA) Blank Sketch"
COBRA COMMANDER #1 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS GALAXIES #1 RI-A 1:10 IDW Comics 2019 1RIA (CA) Caltsoudas 211118A"
TRANSFORMERS GALAX ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #346 - Gas Station Jamboree
Twincast / Podcast #346:
"Gas Station Jamboree"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 23rd, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Optimal Optimus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Computron Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Blackwing" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum RID Grimlock and Bumblebee - Exclusive" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Decepticon Krok and Gatorface" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Apeface" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition Predaking Figure [Amazon Exclusive](Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON