Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Discussion Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Discussion Thread

Postby aronjlove » Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:21 am

Prowl is all loosey goosey in his legs but Barricade, Bluestreak, and Smokescreen seem much tighter in the leg and feet area.
Image
User avatar
aronjlove
Brainmaster
Posts: 1316
News Credits: 23
Joined: Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:27 am
Location: Phoenix, AZ

Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Discussion Thread

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:11 am

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
My Prowl, Bluestreak, and Smokescreen are all pretty good with the joints, but the legs are a bit awkward
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
User avatar
D-Maximal_Primal
God Of Transformers
Posts: 20894
News Credits: 1549
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:53 pm
Location: Western Pennsylvania
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Indominus Rex
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Rank: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Discussion Thread

Postby no-one » Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:21 am

D-Maximal_Primal wrote:but the legs are a bit awkward
I know that feel.

Image
no-one
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 9520
News Credits: 131
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:38 pm

Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Discussion Thread

Postby Moonshot » Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:46 pm

Motto: "You'll never walk alone"
Weapon: Twin Cryo-Blasters
ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:Fantastic :D that's a neat idea.
Thanks! After I make some tweaks the model will be available as a free download for everyone.

And that'll probably be the last thing I post here aside from buying/selling stuff...


That is awesome looking, I dont have a 3D printer though. Can/will u put it on Shapeways also maybe?
ALL LIVES MATTER

:RUBSIGN: :WRECKERS: Image
User avatar
Moonshot
Headmaster Jr
Posts: 560
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon May 06, 2013 8:25 pm
Location: Kentucky
Buy from Moonshot on eBay
Alt Mode: Motorcycle and Utahraptor
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 4
Endurance: 6
Rank: 6
Courage: 7
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

Japan gets Mass Retail Release for Siege Netflix Line

Postby Emerje » Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:42 pm

Motto: "Spellcheck's antithesis."
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
Well this came entirely out of nowhere. Despite "brand unification" being a thing we don't always see exclusives crossing the Pacific. Takara Tomy's Siege Nemesis Prime never saw release outside of Japan and Hasbro has had a whole army of exclusives that have never been released in Japan including the Walmart exclusive 35th Anniversary line. So it's rather surprising to see Japanese websites now taking pre-orders for two figures from the also Walmart exclusive War for Cybertron Series-Inspired Netflix line using Siege molds. Given new ID numbers, as the Hasbro line doesn't have them, the first two releases will be WFC-01 Mirage and WFC-02 Hound. The figures appear to be identical and may be a viable option for buyers outside North America.

And of course Takara Tomy also included a bunch of new photos to go with their solicitations available at HLJ and most anywhere else Japanese figures are sold with release planned for September.

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

The Walmart release may be delayed, but it's nice to have some new photos to tide us over if just a little. Let us know what you think in the Energon Pub forums!
User avatar
Emerje
News Staff
Posts: 6519
News Credits: 154
Joined: Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:15 am
Location: Maine
Alt Mode: Lobster Moose
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Endurance: 8
Rank: 6
Courage: 10
Firepower: 3
Skill: 6

Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Discussion Thread

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:51 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
I was actually wondering if Japan would be getting these since one of the previous Japanese toy magazines had an advertisement for the Netflix WFC cartoon in it.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 35365
News Credits: 385
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Tampa, FL
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Discussion Thread

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:04 am

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Weapon: Dual Bladed Sword
All these ID's are confusing when mixed together... 8-} For the record:

Hasbro
WFC-S##: Siege
WFC-E##: Earthrise
WFC-GS##: War for Cybertron Selects
TT-GS##: imported TakaraTomy Selects

TakaraTomy
SG-##: Siege
ER-##: main line Earthrise
ER EX-##: Earthrise exclusives
WFC-##: Netflix series

No overlap. :-B Pretty interesting in that Hasbro has given the normally blank TakaraTomy Selects new ID's, and TakaraTomy returns the favor with the Netflix series.
The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3

Looking for:
- TR Furos (Hardhead's head) and Crashbash (lost him :()
- PotP Punch head
- TR Galvatron right arm (the gun one)
- CW Stunticon limbs (Drag Strip, Dead End, Breakdown, Brake-Neck, Offroad or TFCC Grabuge) + Blackjack
- TR Twinferno & Grotusque
- Greenlight, Lancer and PotP Elita-1 (plus repro Victorion hands and feet?)
User avatar
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers
Posts: 18465
News Credits: 241
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 5:45 am
Location: McKinney, Texas, USA; Delft, the Netherlands
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: 1
Courage: 6
Skill: 5

Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Discussion Thread

Postby M. Spector » Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:04 am

Motto: "Fear the old blood"
Weapon: Indepentently Targetable Particle Beam Cannons
On my supply trip to walmart yesterday I caved and bought the 35th Soundblaster. This is my first experience with the mold and goodness I really like it. All the weathering looks sharp and well applied, plus the delightful double jointed elbows for hitting his eject button, dang. Makes me wonder why it hasnt been before
User avatar
M. Spector
Minibot
Posts: 130
Joined: Thu Dec 12, 2019 2:29 pm
Alt Mode: B-17 Flying Fortress
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Endurance: 10
Rank: 6
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

European Online Sellers with Listings for the Netflix Exclusives and Super Megatron

Postby william-james88 » Sun Apr 12, 2020 1:34 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
It's not easy to cover all the different markets at once so it helps when we get a head's up. So we thank those who posted online and wrote on our boards as to the availability of the upcoming figures for the Netflix Transformers show. Especially Hot Link as what one constitutes a new seeker for our collections.

We were told a little while ago that it would be on Kapow toys, for our British fans, and here is the link for those who had not seen it yet. These exclusives are priced the same as retail there, and both Hotlink and Megatron are a few pounds off at the moment. They also have Generations Selects Super Megatron for 49.99 pounds.

German action figure site Actionfiguren24 has them available as well, though at a rather hefty premium. Still, it gives an extra option to fans. They have Super Megatron as well, who is at a much smaller markup, when comparing to what he is costing everyone else at the moment. The Netflix figures there are actually shipping out at the moment, as confirmed on this Facebook post.

Image
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

Image
User avatar
william-james88
News Staff
Posts: 28268
News Credits: 3205
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:46 am
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Discussion Thread

Postby Brokebot » Mon Apr 13, 2020 5:47 am

Motto: "I've waited 30 years for a Dinobot combiner, and this is what I get?"
Weapon: Sword of Fury
I read that as "Generations Selects Super Megatron IS 49.99 pounds."

Man, shipping is going to be hell.
Image
User avatar
Brokebot
Minibot
Posts: 161
News Credits: 1
Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2015 4:33 pm
Alt Mode: Something else
Strength: 6
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: 1
Endurance: 1
Firepower: 10
Skill: Infinity

Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Discussion Thread

Postby Stargrave » Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:31 am

Motto: "It’s all the in the reflexes"
Weapon: Glass Gas Gun
Now that’s a BIG birthday gift. Thank you best wife eve-rrrrrr.
Attachments
1977011E-E7B1-47E5-B376-7A0350F51260.jpeg
User avatar
Stargrave
Godmaster
Posts: 1570
News Credits: 340
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:26 pm
Location: California
Alt Mode: A left leg
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Rank: 1
Courage: 8
Firepower: 4
Skill: 2

Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Discussion Thread

Postby Rogue-Primal » Tue Apr 14, 2020 6:52 am

Motto: "I hate Decepticons but Autobot traitors are the worst."
Weapon: Particle Beam Rifle
have been wondering something... does rubbing alcohol (hands) work for remove "battle damage" paintjobs on SIEGE figures. Voyager Optimus Prime has a bit too many uneven scratches in my opinion. Does anyone know if the battle damage is safely removeable without damaging other paintjobs underneath specifically Optimus and Deluxe Sideswipe.
User avatar
Rogue-Primal
Combiner
Posts: 427
Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:09 pm
Location: Iceland
Alt Mode: White Lamborghini Murcielago with black stripes
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 8
Endurance: 5
Rank: 5
Courage: 5
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 6

Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Discussion Thread

Postby TF-fan kev777 » Tue Apr 14, 2020 7:47 am

Rogue-Primal wrote:have been wondering something... does rubbing alcohol (hands) work for remove "battle damage" paintjobs on SIEGE figures. Voyager Optimus Prime has a bit too many uneven scratches in my opinion. Does anyone know if the battle damage is safely removeable without damaging other paintjobs underneath specifically Optimus and Deluxe Sideswipe.


Yes, it will take off the battle damage, but if the battle damage is on top of paint, trying to take it off will take off the battle damage and the paint underneath.

For Sideswipe, his shins and waist are battle damage over black plastic, so those should be fine, but his feet are battle damage on top of silver paint on top of black plastic.

For OP, his thighs are gray plastic and should be fine, his shoulders are red plastic and should be fine, but his chest windows are clear plastic, I'd stay away from there.
TF-fan kev777
Gestalt
Posts: 2947
News Credits: 33
Joined: Thu May 28, 2015 5:48 pm
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 10
Rank: 6
Courage: 9
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Discussion Thread

Postby Tuned Agent » Tue Apr 14, 2020 7:54 am

Motto: "The real scale was the friends we made along the way."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
TF-fan kev777 wrote:
Rogue-Primal wrote:have been wondering something... does rubbing alcohol (hands) work for remove "battle damage" paintjobs on SIEGE figures. Voyager Optimus Prime has a bit too many uneven scratches in my opinion. Does anyone know if the battle damage is safely removeable without damaging other paintjobs underneath specifically Optimus and Deluxe Sideswipe.


Yes, it will take off the battle damage, but if the battle damage is on top of paint, trying to take it off will take off the battle damage and the paint underneath.

For Sideswipe, his shins and waist are battle damage over black plastic, so those should be fine, but his feet are battle damage on top of silver paint on top of black plastic.

For OP, his thighs are gray plastic and should be fine, his shoulders are red plastic and should be fine, but his chest windows are clear plastic, I'd stay away from there.

Does rubbing alcohol damage clear plastic?
User avatar
Tuned Agent
Combiner
Posts: 479
News Credits: 19
Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2020 5:33 pm
Alt Mode: 2018 Dodge Challenger
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 6
Endurance: 8
Rank: 3
Courage: 6
Firepower: 2
Skill: 8

Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Discussion Thread

Postby no-one » Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:27 am

Tuned Agent wrote:
TF-fan kev777 wrote:
Rogue-Primal wrote:have been wondering something... does rubbing alcohol (hands) work for remove "battle damage" paintjobs on SIEGE figures. Voyager Optimus Prime has a bit too many uneven scratches in my opinion. Does anyone know if the battle damage is safely removeable without damaging other paintjobs underneath specifically Optimus and Deluxe Sideswipe.
Yes, it will take off the battle damage, but if the battle damage is on top of paint, trying to take it off will take off the battle damage and the paint underneath.

For Sideswipe, his shins and waist are battle damage over black plastic, so those should be fine, but his feet are battle damage on top of silver paint on top of black plastic.

For OP, his thighs are gray plastic and should be fine, his shoulders are red plastic and should be fine, but his chest windows are clear plastic, I'd stay away from there.
Does rubbing alcohol damage clear plastic?
It can especially considering you'll need the 90%+ alcohol stuff to remove paint. The 70% will only take the shine off at best.
no-one
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 9520
News Credits: 131
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:38 pm

Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Discussion Thread

Postby Tuned Agent » Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:44 am

Motto: "The real scale was the friends we made along the way."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
carytheone wrote:
Tuned Agent wrote:
TF-fan kev777 wrote:
Rogue-Primal wrote:have been wondering something... does rubbing alcohol (hands) work for remove "battle damage" paintjobs on SIEGE figures. Voyager Optimus Prime has a bit too many uneven scratches in my opinion. Does anyone know if the battle damage is safely removeable without damaging other paintjobs underneath specifically Optimus and Deluxe Sideswipe.
Yes, it will take off the battle damage, but if the battle damage is on top of paint, trying to take it off will take off the battle damage and the paint underneath.

For Sideswipe, his shins and waist are battle damage over black plastic, so those should be fine, but his feet are battle damage on top of silver paint on top of black plastic.

For OP, his thighs are gray plastic and should be fine, his shoulders are red plastic and should be fine, but his chest windows are clear plastic, I'd stay away from there.
Does rubbing alcohol damage clear plastic?
It can especially considering you'll need the 90%+ alcohol stuff to remove paint. The 70% will only take the shine off at best.

That's really good to know. Is nail polish remover any better? I'm planning to turn a Hotlink into a custom Skywarp, and step 1 is removing a lot of the purple paint, including the paint around his clear plastic cockpit bits. The close proximity of some of that purple to the clear plastic could be problematic, I certainly don't want damage those parts.
User avatar
Tuned Agent
Combiner
Posts: 479
News Credits: 19
Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2020 5:33 pm
Alt Mode: 2018 Dodge Challenger
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 6
Endurance: 8
Rank: 3
Courage: 6
Firepower: 2
Skill: 8

Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Discussion Thread

Postby no-one » Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:52 am

Tuned Agent wrote:
carytheone wrote:
Tuned Agent wrote:
TF-fan kev777 wrote:
Rogue-Primal wrote:have been wondering something... does rubbing alcohol (hands) work for remove "battle damage" paintjobs on SIEGE figures. Voyager Optimus Prime has a bit too many uneven scratches in my opinion. Does anyone know if the battle damage is safely removeable without damaging other paintjobs underneath specifically Optimus and Deluxe Sideswipe.
Yes, it will take off the battle damage, but if the battle damage is on top of paint, trying to take it off will take off the battle damage and the paint underneath.

For Sideswipe, his shins and waist are battle damage over black plastic, so those should be fine, but his feet are battle damage on top of silver paint on top of black plastic.

For OP, his thighs are gray plastic and should be fine, his shoulders are red plastic and should be fine, but his chest windows are clear plastic, I'd stay away from there.
Does rubbing alcohol damage clear plastic?
It can especially considering you'll need the 90%+ alcohol stuff to remove paint. The 70% will only take the shine off at best.
That's really good to know. Is nail polish remover any better? I'm planning to turn a Hotlink into a custom Skywarp, and step 1 is removing a lot of the purple paint, including the paint around his clear plastic cockpit bits. The close proximity of some of that purple to the clear plastic could be problematic, I certainly don't want damage those parts.
Nail polish remover is harsher and can melt some plastics or take the shine off of them or make them brittle. Some nail polish removers are acetone based. It's likely to give clear plastics a haze if not outright damage them to some degree.

High alcohol content rubbing alcohol is your best/safest bet. Clean the bare plastics and be prepared to repaint the others. Also be careful of the faction symbols, those will come off quicker than the paint. Optimus has battle damage on his shoulder symbol, so it's a leave it be or replace situation.

Side note, I've tried 70% on a non Siege figure and it didn't even take the sheen off the paint. The 90% alcohol took the paint off pretty quickly, but still required some elbow grease here and there. I also hit a few painted areas by mistake and completely removed the sheen.

Take it slow and plan before you touch the figure. Might even be best to disassemble the figure. Less chance of wet fingers touching things you don't want.
no-one
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 9520
News Credits: 131
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:38 pm

Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Discussion Thread

Postby TF-fan kev777 » Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:38 am

carytheone wrote:Take it slow and plan before you touch the figure. Might even be best to disassemble the figure. Less chance of wet fingers touching things you don't want.


This^^^ Dis-assemble as much as easily possible (ball joints and mushroom pegs) and get the area you are working on as open as possible before starting. Q-tips can be used for areas where your fingers might be too large.
TF-fan kev777
Gestalt
Posts: 2947
News Credits: 33
Joined: Thu May 28, 2015 5:48 pm
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 10
Rank: 6
Courage: 9
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Discussion Thread

Postby Rogue-Primal » Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:30 pm

Motto: "I hate Decepticons but Autobot traitors are the worst."
Weapon: Particle Beam Rifle
One annoying aspect that one of the battle damages on siege voyager optimus prime happens to cover the autobot :BOT: symbol on his shoulder. Talk about annoying or even worse designers intentionally trolling fans who consider modding.
User avatar
Rogue-Primal
Combiner
Posts: 427
Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:09 pm
Location: Iceland
Alt Mode: White Lamborghini Murcielago with black stripes
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 8
Endurance: 5
Rank: 5
Courage: 5
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 6

Netflix Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Voyagers Sighted in US

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:06 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
Thanks to a heads up from @Weebot17 on Twitter, we have news that the recently online pre-order delayed Netflix War for Cybertron figures have shown up at US retail!

This sighting comes to us from the Walmart in Mocksville, North Carolina, where Weebot17 found both Megatron and Hotlink. This comes as quite a shock, as just in the past 2 weeks everyone who had pre-ordered the figures online received word that the figures had been delayed into May or June, while we also had simultaneous sightings of the figures in Canada. Either way, it is cool to see that these figures are starting to make their way out to retail outside of Canada, and that the online delays haven't seemed to impact the actual store stock.

Check out the sighting below, and please, during this time of crisis, only check out the toys if you are already out getting necessary groceries, and remember to social distance! Let us know if you do find these guys and any other figures in the comments section below!

Image
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
User avatar
D-Maximal_Primal
God Of Transformers
Posts: 20894
News Credits: 1549
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:53 pm
Location: Western Pennsylvania
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Indominus Rex
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Rank: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Discussion Thread

Postby Tuned Agent » Wed Apr 15, 2020 12:06 am

Motto: "The real scale was the friends we made along the way."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
carytheone wrote:
Tuned Agent wrote:
carytheone wrote:
Tuned Agent wrote:
TF-fan kev777 wrote:
Rogue-Primal wrote:have been wondering something... does rubbing alcohol (hands) work for remove "battle damage" paintjobs on SIEGE figures. Voyager Optimus Prime has a bit too many uneven scratches in my opinion. Does anyone know if the battle damage is safely removeable without damaging other paintjobs underneath specifically Optimus and Deluxe Sideswipe.
Yes, it will take off the battle damage, but if the battle damage is on top of paint, trying to take it off will take off the battle damage and the paint underneath.

For Sideswipe, his shins and waist are battle damage over black plastic, so those should be fine, but his feet are battle damage on top of silver paint on top of black plastic.

For OP, his thighs are gray plastic and should be fine, his shoulders are red plastic and should be fine, but his chest windows are clear plastic, I'd stay away from there.
Does rubbing alcohol damage clear plastic?
It can especially considering you'll need the 90%+ alcohol stuff to remove paint. The 70% will only take the shine off at best.
That's really good to know. Is nail polish remover any better? I'm planning to turn a Hotlink into a custom Skywarp, and step 1 is removing a lot of the purple paint, including the paint around his clear plastic cockpit bits. The close proximity of some of that purple to the clear plastic could be problematic, I certainly don't want damage those parts.
Nail polish remover is harsher and can melt some plastics or take the shine off of them or make them brittle. Some nail polish removers are acetone based. It's likely to give clear plastics a haze if not outright damage them to some degree.

High alcohol content rubbing alcohol is your best/safest bet. Clean the bare plastics and be prepared to repaint the others. Also be careful of the faction symbols, those will come off quicker than the paint. Optimus has battle damage on his shoulder symbol, so it's a leave it be or replace situation.

Side note, I've tried 70% on a non Siege figure and it didn't even take the sheen off the paint. The 90% alcohol took the paint off pretty quickly, but still required some elbow grease here and there. I also hit a few painted areas by mistake and completely removed the sheen.

Take it slow and plan before you touch the figure. Might even be best to disassemble the figure. Less chance of wet fingers touching things you don't want.
TF-fan kev777 wrote:This^^^ Dis-assemble as much as easily possible (ball joints and mushroom pegs) and get the area you are working on as open as possible before starting. Q-tips can be used for areas where your fingers might be too large.

Thank you guys for the advice. Wasn't sure which of those to use, so I'll plan on using rubbing alcohol. And I'm definitely planning to disassemble Hotlink, considering how easy to disassemble that mold is. Hopefully I can figure out a way to remove the paint around his cockpit parts. I want him to turn out well, so all advice is appreciated. :D

And now that Hotlink has been found in the US, maybe I can get started soon. If I can ever leave my house.
User avatar
Tuned Agent
Combiner
Posts: 479
News Credits: 19
Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2020 5:33 pm
Alt Mode: 2018 Dodge Challenger
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 6
Endurance: 8
Rank: 3
Courage: 6
Firepower: 2
Skill: 8

Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Discussion Thread

Postby triKlops » Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:26 am

Motto: "New England TransFormers Collectors Group member"
Tuned Agent wrote: Hopefully I can figure out a way to remove the paint around his cockpit parts. I want him to turn out well, so all advice is appreciated. :D


Just to throw in my 2 cents; blue painters tape to mask off areas and a shaved qtip for accuracy should be helpful.
All my best regarding this and good luck!
Image

Looking for:
- Fans Toys Scoria FT-04X silver upgrade feet for
MP-08X Grimlock
-TFCon 2011 Headrobots Toxin

Please DM if willing to sell for reasonable price.
User avatar
triKlops
Godmaster
Posts: 1792
News Credits: 9
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:35 am
Location: Rhode Island X 401

Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Discussion Thread

Postby Rogue-Primal » Thu Apr 16, 2020 6:41 am

Motto: "I hate Decepticons but Autobot traitors are the worst."
Weapon: Particle Beam Rifle
Just a note does Ethanol/Isopropyl 70% rubbing hand alcohol work for this ? or are they rough.
User avatar
Rogue-Primal
Combiner
Posts: 427
Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:09 pm
Location: Iceland
Alt Mode: White Lamborghini Murcielago with black stripes
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 8
Endurance: 5
Rank: 5
Courage: 5
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 6

Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Discussion Thread

Postby no-one » Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:07 pm

Rogue-Primal wrote:Just a note does Ethanol/Isopropyl 70% rubbing hand alcohol work for this ? or are they rough.
Probably not. I've only ever used 90+% "rubbing alcohol" successfully. I'm not sure and I don't have the bottle handy to confirm which one it was (probably isopropyl). Honestly I didn't even know there was a difference until just now (thanks google).

I used to work in the retail paint industry and I have some familiarity with different solvents (most of which will melt plastic). We frequently cleaned metal surfaces with denatured alcohol, but I couldn't tell you if it's safe on the plastics used for toys. My guess would be no.

What I can tell you is that 70% alcohol didn't touch the paint I tried to remove from TLK Sqweeks, but the 90% took it off very quickly (and deglossed a few other painted spots I didn't know was painted). 90% alcohol may not be the easiest thing to find these days though.
no-one
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 9520
News Credits: 131
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:38 pm

Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Discussion Thread

Postby Flashwave » Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:50 pm

Motto: "Our society's downfall will not be this war. The war IS our society. That which will get us will be the little things. Some humanoid race, some tossed cannon, the little things that no one looks out for. THAT is for what we must be vigilant."
Weapon: Twin Shoulder-Mounted Rocket Launchers
carytheone wrote:
Rogue-Primal wrote:Just a note does Ethanol/Isopropyl 70% rubbing hand alcohol work for this ? or are they rough.
Probably not. I've only ever used 90+% "rubbing alcohol" successfully. I'm not sure and I don't have the bottle handy to confirm which one it was (probably isopropyl). Honestly I didn't even know there was a difference until just now (thanks google).

I used to work in the retail paint industry and I have some familiarity with different solvents (most of which will melt plastic). We frequently cleaned metal surfaces with denatured alcohol, but I couldn't tell you if it's safe on the plastics used for toys. My guess would be no.

What I can tell you is that 70% alcohol didn't touch the paint I tried to remove from TLK Sqweeks, but the 90% took it off very quickly (and deglossed a few other painted spots I didn't know was painted). 90% alcohol may not be the easiest thing to find these days though.

91 os what we use for model trains as well.
Image
User avatar
Flashwave
City Commander
Posts: 3419
News Credits: 8
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2005 2:42 pm
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 9
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 9
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Slug" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Moonracer" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Twin Twist and Flameout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Optimal Optimus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Elita-1" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Titan Class Predaking" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Energon Igniters Nitro Bumblebee Action Figure - Included Core Powers Driving Action - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 7-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers B1798AS0 Warpath Figure Combiner Wars" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Decepticon Dragstrip Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Furos and Hardhead" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Speed Series Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #281 - Netflix Kingdom Reviewed
Twincast / Podcast #281:
"Netflix Kingdom Reviewed"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Tuesday, August 3rd, 2021

New Items on eBay

Buy "2016 Hasbro TRANSFORMERS STRONGARM MASK Toy - New! (b)" on EBAY
Buy "STEELJAW McDonald's Transformers Toy #7 Robots in Disguise Happy Meal 2016 NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Wreck-Gar Vintage 1986 Instructions Box Art" on EBAY
Buy "Grimlock 20" Transformers Age of Extinction Chomp and Stomp" on EBAY
Buy "New Playskool Transformers Optimash Prime Mr. Potato Head. For Ages 2+" on EBAY
Buy "TOMY Transformers AOE Age of Extinction Grimlock Flip and Change" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers: Bumblebee Cyberverse Adventures - Stealth Force Hot Rod" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Age of Extinction Generations Deluxe Class Snarl Figure" on EBAY