This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

IDW Transformers and Hasbro Universe Comics Solicitations for May 2018

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

IDW Transformers and Hasbro Universe Comics Solicitations for May 2018

Postby Va'al » Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:53 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
We've been waiting for the speculation about the future of the IDW universe to reach a turning point with this news, but haven't really received the information we were expecting for the Transformers and Hasbro Universe comics due for the month of May 2018 - we did, however get a new Wreckers book!

Alongside the two ongoing series for Optimus Prime (some minor spoilers potentially on the cover, too) and Lost Light, Nick Roche has gathered the likes of Guido Guidi and Geoff Senior (!) to work on the third and final (!!) chapter in the Wreckers saga: Requiem of the Wreckers (Wreckuiem? Wrequiem?), which he had teased about on Twitter in the past week.

This of course still means we don't know what the Hasbro Universe is doing with the Unicron story, though they may very well be press announcements coming out between today and next month's solicits for June. In the meantime, take a look below and join the discussion in the Energon Pub!

Transformers: Lost Light #18—Cover A: Jack Lawrence
James Roberts (w) • Jack Lawrence (a & c)
LIGHTS OUT! The “Everlasting Voices” trilogy concludes with an explosion of hope, a grave betrayal… and more answers than you can handle! Events of the last six years build to a frenzy of revelations, casting everything that’s gone before in a new—and deadly—light. No exaggeration, no hyperbole: there has never been a more important issue of Lost Light.
FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Transformers: Lost Light #18—Cover B: Alex Milne
James Roberts (w) • Jack Lawrence (a) • Alex Milne (c)
FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Bullet points:
Leads directly into the biggest story in the history of the Lost Light!
Black & White variant cover by Alex Milne!

Optimus Prime #19—Cover A: Kei Zama
John Barber (w) • Sara Pitre-Durocher (a) • Kei Zama (c)
“The Falling,” Part 4. Onyx Prime’s motivations are clear, and his scheme seems unstoppable. Heroes have fallen, and hope dwindles for the survivors. Cybertron’s last chance of salvation is in the hands of… well, that would be telling, wouldn’t it?
FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Optimus Prime #19—Cover B: Casey W. Coller
John Barber (w) • Sara Pitre-Durocher (a) • Casey W. Coller (c)
FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Bullet points:
Black & white cover by Kei Zama!

no cover shown

Transformers: Requiem of the Wreckers—SPOTLIGHT
Nick Roche (w) • Nick Roche, Guido Guidi, & Geoff Senior (a) • Nick Roche (c)
Wreck & Rule! They’ve been beaten up, torn apart, betrayed, and had their sins revealed. The few remaining Wreckers are more lost and lonelier than they’ve ever been, which makes it the perfect time for them to come under fire from an anti-Cybertronian campaigner and an old foe! Remember them fondly, because this is the “Requiem of the Wreckers.”
FC • 48 pages • $7.99

Bullet points:
The final entry in the Wreckers trilogy!
Written and drawn by Nick Roche (Transformers: Sins of the Wreckers, Amazing Spider-Man: Renew Your Vows)!

HASBRO UNIVERSE

Scarlett's Strike Force
Aubrey Sitterson (w) • Nelson Daniel, Ilias Kyriazis (a)
They've fought back invasions from home and afar—now, they're back on Earth, and ready to take on the wildest, weirdest threats out there!

It's Scarlett's G.I. JOE team, the Strike Force, against a brand-new Cobra Commander, a revitalized Cobra, and everyone else trying to conquer Earth... or destroy it! Featuring all-stars of the Hasbro line as M.A.S.K.: Mobile Armored Strike Kommand and the Transformers bots join G.I. Joe in the fight against Cobra! Collects issues #1-3, the G.I. JOE First Strike one-shot, and the M.A.S.K.: Mobile Armored Strike Kommand First Strike one-shot.
TPB • FC • $17.99 • 128 Pages • ISBN: 978-1-68405-237-0

Bullet points:
Advance solicited for June release!
Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Re: IDW Transformers and Hasbro Universe Comics Solicitations for May 2018

Postby Agent 53 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:33 am

here is the synopsis of the new issue of Optimus Prime
“The Falling,” Part 4. Onyx Prime’s motivations are clear, and his scheme seems unstoppable. Heroes have fallen, and hope dwindles for the survivors. Cybertron’s last chance of salvation is in the hands of… well, that would be telling, wouldn’t it?
Looking at the cover of Optimus Prime there, and considering we know he'll be back amongst the living in Unicron, does anyone think that Cybertron's last chance of salvaton is in the hands of ... Bumblebee?
Agent 53
Minibot

Postby WreckerJack » Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:33 am

Motto: "The complain train is leaving the station."
Weapon: Arc-Welders
That cover for LL18 has me on edge but I also like it at the same time. Drift you better keep that grumpy ol' docbot outta trouble!
WreckerJack
Godmaster
News Credits: 295
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Endurance: 8
Courage: 7
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

Postby Va'al » Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:46 am

Agent 53 wrote:here is the synopsis of the new issue of Optimus Prime
Looking at the cover of Optimus Prime there, and considering we know he'll be back amongst the living in Unicron, does anyone think that Cybertron's last chance of salvaton is in the hands of ... Bumblebee?

Part of your answer is here: https://www.seibertron.com/transformers ... cbd/40723/
Va'al
God Of Transformers
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby ZeroWolf » Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:11 am

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
Actually looking at that silhouette on the cover of prime I would say that a certain ex-ruler of cybertron is the one to save the day
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
News Credits: 1350

Postby Va'al » Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:29 am

ZeroWolf wrote:Actually looking at that silhouette on the cover of prime I would say that a certain ex-ruler of cybertron is the one to save the day

Yes and no! Intriguing speculation, but each cover has had a silhouette, all so far for the narrating voice of the issue.

Va'al
God Of Transformers
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby That_Guy » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:09 am

Weapon: Energon Cutlass
The most telling part to me, other than his face is on the cover. Is Prime half way in a portal, I think this portal leads to BB and that's how he gets out in part four and has some hand in the end of the this part of the series.
That_Guy
Minibot
News Credits: 1
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 5
Endurance: 3
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: 2
Skill: 10+

Postby ScottyP » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:30 am

Va'al wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:Actually looking at that silhouette on the cover of prime I would say that a certain ex-ruler of cybertron is the one to save the day

Yes and no! Intriguing speculation, but each cover has had a silhouette, all so far for the narrating voice of the issue.
I wouldn't discount Centurion having a role to play in all this, even if it is just housekeeping to avoid having Bee and a Bee analogue around.
Listen to me ramble about robots on the Seibertron.com Twincast / Podcast
ScottyP
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 638
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Postby Galactic Prime » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:51 pm

These books have just gone from bad to worse, to complete trash.

So disappointing.

If only Dreamwave could come back
Galactic Prime
Fuzor

Postby Lore Keeper » Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:46 am

Galactic Prime wrote:These books have just gone from bad to worse, to complete trash.

So disappointing.

Why do you say that? I find the deeper exploration of the characters beyond their basic toy bios to be very intriguing. Dreamwave played it very safe with the characters' personalities.
Lore Keeper
Headmaster
News Credits: 11

Postby Va'al » Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:47 am

Lore Keeper wrote:
Galactic Prime wrote:These books have just gone from bad to worse, to complete trash.

So disappointing.

Why do you say that? I find the deeper exploration of the characters beyond their basic toy bios to be very intriguing. Dreamwave played it very safe with the characters' personalities.

Dreamwave also literally stole money from its creators.
Va'al
God Of Transformers
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby Lore Keeper » Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:35 pm

Va'al wrote:
Lore Keeper wrote:

So disappointing.

There is that...
Lore Keeper
Headmaster
News Credits: 11

Postby Galactic Prime » Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:21 pm

Lore Keeper wrote:

So disappointing.

I say it because they've ruined the characters in IDW. There is nothing more intriguing or interesting about Optimus Prime, or Jazz, or Megatron, or any of them. They've essentially ruined most of them and killed many of the others off willy nilly.

Mirage getting sliced in pieces by another Autobot. Autobots shooting and killing each other just 2 panels later.

The way Kup died? Or Sideswipe?

Yeah, these books were garbage from the day they started and they've only gotten worse.

Dreamwave did far more in my opinion with the 2 completed War Within mini-series than IDW has in their entire run.
Galactic Prime
Fuzor

Postby Galactic Prime » Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:23 pm

Va'al wrote:
Lore Keeper wrote:

So disappointing.

So what? That has no bearing on the stories that were told. Was it right? No, but it has ZERO bearing on the quality of the stories
Galactic Prime
Fuzor

Postby Va'al » Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:35 pm

Galactic Prime wrote:
Va'al wrote:
Lore Keeper wrote:

So disappointing.

So what? That has no bearing on the stories that were told. Was it right? No, but it has ZERO bearing on the quality of the stories

It kinda does. The stories were never able to be finished because the creators were not paid.
Va'al
God Of Transformers
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby Galactic Prime » Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:36 pm

Va'al wrote:
Galactic Prime wrote:
Va'al wrote:
Lore Keeper wrote:

So disappointing.

It kinda does. The stories were never able to be finished because the creators were not paid.

No it doesn't those stories were written and they came out.
Galactic Prime
Fuzor

Postby ZeroWolf » Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:39 pm

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Were the creators paid for them? Plus you were the one who asked for dreamwave to come back, everyone give you reasons as to why that couldn't be the case. You may nother like IDW but for me, I love their take on everything, I like how different it is from what's come before. Your opinion is your own thing just like mine :-) on something like this, there isn't a right or wrong answer.
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
News Credits: 1350

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:35 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
MOAR WRECKERS!!!!!
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Postby Galactic Prime » Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:45 pm

ZeroWolf wrote:Were the creators paid for them? Plus you were the one who asked for dreamwave to come back, everyone give you reasons as to why that couldn't be the case. You may nother like IDW but for me, I love their take on everything, I like how different it is from what's come before. Your opinion is your own thing just like mine :-) on something like this, there isn't a right or wrong answer.

It doesn't matter if the creators were paid or not. The books came out, I have them and they are better than IDW's.
Galactic Prime
Fuzor

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BRATWORST Transformers BotBots Series 5 Movie Moguls bratwurst Hasbro 2020"
BRATWORST Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WHEELJACK Transformers Cyberverse Tiny Turbo Changers Series 4 Hasbro 2020 New"
WHEELJACK Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HIPTOAST (Light version) Transformers BotBots Series 4 Fresh Squeezes 2020"
HIPTOAST (Light ve ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SNORG THE CONQUERER Transformers BotBots Series 4 Retro Replays Hasbro 2020"
SNORG THE CONQUERE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DRIFT Transformers Cyberverse Tiny Turbo Changers Series 1 Hasbro 2019 New"
DRIFT Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GOOGLY SPY P.I. Transformers BotBots Series 4 Wilderness Troop 2020 binoculars"
GOOGLY SPY P.I. Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GREED FEED Transformers BotBots Series 3 Arcade Renegades roll of tickets 2019"
GREED FEED Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "IRONHIDE Transformers Cyberverse Tiny Turbo Changers Series 5 Hasbro 2021 New"
IRONHIDE Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SLURP-A-DERP Transformers BotBots Series 5 Hibotchi Heats ramen noodles 2020"
SLURP-A-DERP Trans ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SKITTER CHATTER Transformers BotBots Series 4 Magic Tricksters Hasbro 2020 teeth"
SKITTER CHATTER Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CHEERO Transformers BotBots Series 5 Los Deliciosos churros 2020"
CHEERO Transformer ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DARK ENERGON SHOCKWAVE Transformers Cyberverse Tiny Turbo Changers Series 4 2020"
DARK ENERGON SHOCK ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "LOLLY LICKS Transformers BotBots Series 1 Sugar Shocks 2018 Hasbro Lollipop"
LOLLY LICKS Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BotBots Series 6 Set of 24 Single Packs Transformers 2022 New"
BotBots Series 6 S ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Tailgate" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Grotusque and Scorponok Deluxe Action Figure Exclusive Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Unicronus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Titan Class Predaking" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Rippersnapper" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers RID Combiner Force Warriors Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Protectobot Groove Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Autobot Hound" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Titans Return Legends Class Seaspray" on AMAZON