This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Top 5 Best Giant Transformers Toys

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Postby william-james88 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:48 am

Motto: "'till All Are One"
Every two weeks, Seibertron.com brings you a Top 5 list related to all things Transformers written by me, your fellow editor. These are my opinions (just like movie or game reviews hosted by sites are still just the opinion of one person) so what matters most is what you guys think of the topic or list, and I hope to see your own lists or comments on omissions and ranking. Let's have fun! All previous lists can be found here.

Remember that scene in the Transformers movie where Unicron transformed? The whole time you just saw a big planet that destroyed other planets ala Death star. But then it Transformed and our notions of the limit to Transformers flew out the window. This was the instance where we all gazed at the wonder of this brand and saw that it was boundless. Since then, there have been many giant Transformers in the fiction and better yet, we eventually got their toys. :michaelbay:

And this is what this list is all about. This is about those awe inspiring towering Transformers from the fiction and their wonderful toys. A quick note, this post was started January 2015. But with Hasbro announcing a yearly Titan class toy, I figured I should wait. Turns out nothing really changed from my initial thoughts of over 3 years ago.

5. Transformers G1 1987 Scorponok (Megazarak)

One of the largest G1 Decepticon toy ever, he pulls off his three modes pretty well despite how simple he is and has loads of fun play features. His robot mode is huge and menacing, his scorpion mode looks very much like a giant mechanical scorpion, with moving legs and ratcheted pincers, and his base mode looks as good as any other base mode of the era with fun ramps for your cars to climb and exit from.

4. Transformers Armada Unicron

It is still crazy to think that we actually got a Unicron toy in the end. Not getting G1 Arcee was nonsensical since it was all about business and not getting any female transformer toys. But we all knew that a Unicron toy was unfeasible on a whole other level. And yet we got one, a HUGE one, and he was quite accurate (though not perfect) with a bunch of action features, a nice beard, and an actual planet mode that had pincers and a mouth. My personal favourite aspect is how they were able to give the planet rings and have them transform into his wings. He is also the most complex toy of his (supreme) size class.

Transformers Generations Unicron (25th Anniversary) (Universal Dominator Unicron) Gallery

Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Ultra Magnus Gallery

3. Transformers Energon Omega Supreme

I just love everything about this toy. It is an excellent homage to Omega Supreme while also being a totally new take. The transformation is simple, as is the case for many of these bigger bots, and yet feel dynamic. It brings back the element of parts-forming the original had but tones it down. The alt modes which serve double duty as weapon platforms can also fuse together to get you a really long armoured train which looks kinda crazy but in a fun way. Plus you have a headmaster unit which can interact with the two combining alt modes and its modeled after the Omega Supreme G1 Action Master. So this is homaging all interpretations of the past (at the time). While headmasters have come back in a big way since, it was a real treat to see a bot like this back in the day. This mold has also been very successful in different decos with Omega Sentinel and War for Cybertron Omega Supreme (which is still the de facto G1 Omega Supreme for CHUG enthusiasts).

Transformers Energon Omega Supreme Gallery

Transformers Energon Omega Sentinel Gallery

Transformers Platinum Edition Year of the Snake Omega Supreme Gallery

2. Transformers Cybertron Primus

Can you believe it, there is actually a Primus toy out there for any Transformers fan to own! And he doesnt disappoint. He is the best planet former out there with really cool details in that mode (including the city of Iacon and Kaon) and it is pretty incredible to get such a traditional looking robot mode from a spherical alt mode, with much less kibble than Unicron. The transformation is neat and uses the key gimmick well, you really feel you are unlocking the secrets to Cybertron with the Omega Lock. And as a true defender of the Cybertronian race, he is loaded with cannons and missile launchers (definitely puts Titans Return Fortress Maximus to shame in that department). And I cannot get over just how cool the robot detail is with the designers going out of their way to show you that he is made of Cybertron's inner workings. On the shoulders, for instance you can see beams, tubes and vents along with Cybertronian writing. The headsculpt is one of the best conveying hints to both Optimus Prime (with the antenna) and Rodimus (with the V shape crest), which ties into the very first appearance of Primus having callbacks to Rodimus. This toy is one for the ages.

1. Transformers G1 1987 Fortress Maximus

I didn't think a G1 toys would be number one on this list. You would think that after all these years, Hasbro and Takara could outdo themselves with a nice new city transformer but Fort Max is still the undisputed champion of that category. Unlike the other G1 city formers, he is truly massive and also looks like an actual city, or at least the small downtown section of one (he actually reminds me of a level from Zone of the Enders: 2nd Runner). Just put him next to Metroplex or Trypticon and they just pale in comparison. Plus, this city transformers into a battle station, filled with an insane amount of weaponry and hidden guns, making him really a fortress. He also comes with smaller bots and fiddly bits which make him as much a playset as a figure. And not just any figure, but a headmaster. And not just any headmaster but a double headmaster. Which means the head of the big city robot transforms into a robot who's head also transforms into a smaller figure. And since an Encore version exists, a complete FortMax is now more a possibility to have than ever before. Also, to those who like to go one step beyond, feel free to substitute this number 1 pick with Grand Maximus.

Honourable mentions: Quite a few actually. Even though there are fewer giant Transformers than any other size class, the few that get approved are usually very good. As you can see, none of the Metroplexes are there and that is simply because I do not find that any of them have had a decent alt mode thus far that doesn't just look like them in some odd pose. Tidal Wave is pretty awesome but rather small compared to other bots that are supposed to be giant and while I like Trypticon fine, there was nothing truly mind blowing about him. His base mode has always been, at best, as good as Scorponok's to me. Yet that is his main alt mode, while Scorponok has a whole robot mode and beast mode as well.

Transformers Titans Return Trypticon Gallery

If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4499
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Re: Top 5 Best Giant Transformers Toys

Postby Evil Eye » Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:48 am

Motto: "Don't be a goddamn coward."
Weapon: Acid Spray Gun
Good list as always! Nice to see G1 Fort Max at #1, he really is the best. Really exemplifies the "Transforming playset" concept and does it so well.
Ha ha Transformers go brrrrr
Evil Eye
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 12
Alt Mode: F-4 Phantom II
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 6
Skill: 8

Postby Randomhero » Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:17 am

Didn’t Overlord have the title of biggest decepticon till TR trypticon came out?
Randomhero
Gestalt
News Credits: 3

Postby BumbleDouche » Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:23 am

Motto: "The right to think & behave stupidly is a privilege too often abused."
Weapon: Tissue Demolecularization Gun
lol Where did you find that "Trypticon's Titan Master Crunch" thing?
"Megatron is the proof that tyranny is the finest form of government, under the right tyrant."
BumbleDouche
Vehicon
Alt Mode: Fighter Jet
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Postby Sabrewing » Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:42 am

Randomhero wrote:Didn’t Overlord have the title of biggest decepticon till TR trypticon came out?

It's close, but yes. But Overlord is not G1.
Sabrewing
Mini-Con

Postby -Kanrabat- » Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:46 am

Motto: "Love it? GET IT!
It's that simple."
Weapon: Vibro-Axe
It's not surprizing to see no TR titans here. They are big, sure, but there's always an issue. TR Fortmax and Metroplex only have a great robot mode with altmodes so lame it's pointless transforming them. Only TR Trypticon could have made the list, but there was indeed better stuff out there.

For once, I have at least one version of ALL the toys on a list. Got my G1 Scorponok a while ago when I sold some Magic cards. That was a great Ebay deal at 405$CAN shipped, 100% complete.

I own Cybertron Primus and the Takara 2010 versions. Cybertron is missing a missile unfortunately while the 2010 one was bought when it came out. 160$CAN shipped. Sure, it was expensive, but compared to today's price...

Armada Unicron is in planet mode using the now extremely rare THRONE OF CHAOS. Man, that thing is awesome. I also got the Amazon Unicron in bot mode that I bought for less than 100$CAN shipped at the time. Not counting all the scrap Unicrons I used for my customs.

As for Omega Supreme, I never owned the original, but I did bought the YOTS version. I bought it at BBTS for 100$US on clearance. That was at the time when 1$US = 1$CAN. Plus, no customs! And recently, I got the Maketoys city upgrade for 20$US as part of a shipping deal. I'm really glad to have that set and the overall city mode look GLORIOUS. Especially for the price I paid compared to what you have to pay right now. My local geek store have a used YOTS Omega Supreme with the Maketoys upgrade for sale and he ask around 400$CAN plus taxes for it!

And finally, I'm very glad that G1 Fortmax is #1. Thanks to the Encore edition I FINALLY have mine. At almost 400$CAN shipped with customs it was expensive as balls, but that's way better than the 2000-ish dollars I would have had to pay otherwise. For me, he's the ultimate giant TF. Glorious and MASSIVE bot mode, plus a city mode that look like an actual city, not a bot sitting down. Plus that diecast and SOLID plastics make for a toy that is very satisfying to handle. Any "serious" TF collectors should consider getting at least the Encore G1 Fortress Maximus. It's still plenty available for a relatively reasonable price.
Come see my latest creation, a Galvatron Combiner using 4 SS86 Sweeps as limbs HERE!

Also, an update to my old ALL HELICOPER VICTORION!

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 95
Watch -Kanrabat- on YouTube
Buy from -Kanrabat- on eBay
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Postby -Kanrabat- » Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:49 am

It's that simple."
Sabrewing wrote:
Randomhero wrote:Didn’t Overlord have the title of biggest decepticon till TR trypticon came out?

How come it's not G1? It may have never appeard in an American cartoon, but Masterforce and Victory are still part of G1
Come see my latest creation, a Galvatron Combiner using 4 SS86 Sweeps as limbs HERE!

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers

Postby william-james88 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:05 am

Motto: "'till All Are One"
-Kanrabat- wrote:
Sabrewing wrote:

How come it's not G1? It may have never appeard in an American cartoon, but Masterforce and Victory are still part of G1

It does not matter guys. In any case, I changed my wording to be more encompassing.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4499
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby Galactic Prime » Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:41 am

Sabrewing wrote:

[/img]

Overlord most certainly is G1
Galactic Prime
Fuzor

Postby Randomhero » Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:28 pm

Galactic Prime wrote:
Sabrewing wrote:

[/img]

Overlord most certainly is G1

100% G1. The takara trilogy was a continuation. It’s g1
Randomhero
Gestalt

Postby Randomhero » Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:32 pm

william-james88 wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:
Sabrewing wrote:

It does not matter guys. In any case, I changed my wording to be more encompassing.

Well it does matter. Before you changed it your reason for making him number 5 was “he’s the biggest decepticon.” So it does matter. I mean you edited to change the reasoning for him but you can’t say it doesn’t matter.

Still a great list as usual keep it up!
Randomhero
Gestalt

Postby DeathReviews » Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:56 pm

Motto: "No matter where you go, always remember, I'm right behind you!

https://www.youtube.com/c/DeathReviews"
Titan Master Crunch - Love that Crunch!
"No matter where you go or what you do, always remember, I'm right behind you!" - Death

Click - Like - Subscribe - Awesome!
DeathReviews
Brainmaster
News Credits: 30
Watch DeathReviews on YouTube
Strength: ???
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: ???
Endurance: Infinity
Skill: ???

Postby Cryhavok » Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:57 pm

Motto: ""It is all about pain.""
Weapon: Fusion-Powered Anti-Gravity Gun
Randomhero wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:
Sabrewing wrote:

Well it does matter. Before you changed it your reason for making him number 5 was “he’s the biggest decepticon.” So it does matter. I mean you edited to change the reasoning for him but you can’t say it doesn’t matter.

Still a great list as usual keep it up!

How you define biggest G1 Decepticon? Sure, Overlord is slightly taller than Scorponok but he is less thick all around and weights less. ;)
Cryhavok
RPG Admin
Strength: 10+
Speed: 5
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 9
Firepower: 10+

Postby transformers_va » Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:18 pm

Motto: "Victory lies in the conquest of unknown mysteries"
Weapon: Photon Cannon
No mention of G1 Omega Supreme, G1 Metroplex, or Titans Return (Legends) Metroplex?!?! :shock:

transformers_va
Vehicon
News Credits: 10
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 4
Firepower: 8
Skill: 9

Postby Megatron Wolf » Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:02 pm

Motto: "Cry havoc and let slip the Wolves of War, Vae Victus!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
Not even a mention of supreme cheetor, i dont care what anybody says that toy is still great. He may be simple but both modes are screen accurate and hes a solid figure.
Current TF count: 2042

Megatron Wolf
Faction Commander
News Credits: 8
Strength: 7
Speed: 8
Endurance: 10+
Firepower: 7

Postby ZeroWolf » Sat Mar 10, 2018 3:02 pm

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
Good list will, and I commend you for your #1 spot with my only nitpick being you forgot to mention forts 2nd repaint Brave ;-) (I know you mentioned grand, I just thought I'd be pedantic :-P) giant transformers are something I've wanted but ultimately found no room for, a shame indeed.
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
News Credits: 1350

Postby RK_Striker_JK_5 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 3:16 pm

Motto: "'Til All are One!"
Weapon: Electron Gun
william-james88 wrote:Honourable mentions: Quite a few actually. Even though there are fewer giant Transformers than any other size class, the few that get approved are usually very good. As you can see, none of the Metroplexes are there and that is simply because I do not find that any of them have had a decent alt mode thus far that doesn't just look like them in some odd pose.

This makes no sense. G1 Fort max looks like he's either laying down, or laying down and about ready to do sit-ups.

I wouldn't have put him at number one, but I would've had G1 Metroplex on this list. His transformations and alternate modes are a lot better than Fort Max's.
Not caring about scale since 1984. Just like Hasbro.
RK_Striker_JK_5
Faction Commander
Strength: 4
Speed: 6
Firepower: 4
Skill: 6

Postby shajaki » Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:11 pm

Motto: "A man who wants nothing is invincible."
Mine! Starting with Enercon being 5, and Brave being 1.

5) Enercron! Black dead zombie Unicron. So hot right now.
4) Last Knight Cybertron. Those colors just POP!
3) TR/L Trypticon. Sorry Will, I whole heartedly disagree with him being an honorable mention. He is easily the stand-out modern city-former 8-)
2) G1 Scorponok. The only one up here I don't own, but I know greatness when I see it.
1) Car Robots Brave Maximus. Dem colors are just so much better than big brudder Fort.
shajaki
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 293
Buy from shajaki on eBay

Postby -Kanrabat- » Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:26 pm

It's that simple."
transformers_va wrote:No mention of G1 Omega Supreme, G1 Metroplex, or Titans Return (Legends) Metroplex?!?! :shock:

G1 Omega Supreme is nice, but it's not a transformer. It's a FREAKING LEGO SET. I'm not against parts-forming, but when a TF is ONLY parts-forming, I draw the line.

G1 Metroplex is indeed nice, but he's so, so tiny.

And even though Gen Metroplex have a rocking bot mode, that altmode is way too sad. Still, I'll never sell mine.

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers

Postby TheForgottenTaxi » Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:00 pm

Not a bad list, but I would take TR Trypticon over any figure on it except Fort Max and maybe Scorponok.

Take Unicron. Yeah, it's cool we got a Unicron. I was thrilled at the time. But it's not a satisfying Unicron -- Too small, crappy planet mode, etc. Whereas I don't think I'll ever need another Trypticon figure. He's not perfect, but he's suitably close.
I have feelings about robots. They are mostly here. -> https://isgardtheterrible.wixsite.com/rankingrobots
TheForgottenTaxi
Micromaster

Postby Ultra Markus » Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:55 pm

Motto: "“You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain.” - Harvey Dent in The Dark Knight"
Weapon: 16 Cannons
i always thought the g1 fortress/grand/brave maximus had the ultimate play-ability factor and has not ever been topped! now heres hoping that with POTPs we get a titan scorponok or omega supreme that will ;)^
Ultra Markus
Gestalt
Alt Mode: the biggest baddest thing ever
Strength: 10
Speed: 7
Firepower: 10

Postby ZeroWolf » Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:11 pm

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
Ultra Markus wrote:i always thought the g1 fortress/grand/brave maximus had the ultimate play-ability factor and has not ever been topped! now heres hoping that with POTPs we get a titan scorponok or omega supreme that will ;)^

We are only getting titan class predaking with potp...though what titan class we get with war for cybertron is the question we can look forward to answering. My money is on omega supreme as the last couple of titan classes have been cons, and devy needs his rival.
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
News Credits: 1350

Postby kurthy » Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:14 pm

Motto: "Illumination through acceleration!"
Weapon: Metal Tearing Serrated Circular Blade
Nice list, Will. I probably would have put Unicron and Primus on the same line though.

My list is almost entirely G1 because the city bots there can't be beat by modern part counts.

1. G1 Maximus mold, doesn't matter which one you get. The new pales in comparison.

2. G1 Trypticon - walking dinosaur, hello!??

3. G1 Scorponok - that mold was so much fun as a kid.

4. Unicron/Primus fun and you can play basketball with it!

5. G1 Metroplex mold - not only does he play really well with the minibots, but he is also compatible with the scramble City bots.

Honorable mention - TR trypticon and G1 Omega supreme.
kurthy
Pretender
News Credits: 13
Alt Mode: John Deere 6M Series Tractor
Strength: 1
Endurance: 4
Firepower: 1
Skill: ???

Postby Burn » Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:20 pm

Motto: "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings to randomly click things in the Admin Panel to see what it breaks."
Megatron Wolf wrote:Not even a mention of supreme cheetor, i dont care what anybody says that toy is still great. He may be simple but both modes are screen accurate and hes a solid figure.

Were you able to finish that post without laughing? Image
Burn
Forum Admin
News Credits: 226

Postby Acesmcgee » Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:52 pm

Motto: "It only takes one step to move forward."
Good list William, can't say I disagree with this list. If only for the simple fact I wanted all.of these over the years for how good they looked.
Acesmcgee
Fuzor
Alt Mode: Pickup truck
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 4
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 7

Next

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCRAPHEAP Transformers Studio Series 86-24 Animated Movie Voyager 2024 New"
SCRAPHEAP Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BUMBLEBEE Transformers Studio Series 100 Deluxe ROTB Rise Beasts Hasbro 2023 New"
BUMBLEBEE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "RATCHET Transformers Studio Series 82 Deluxe Bumblebee Hasbro 2022 New"
RATCHET Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "IRONHIDE Transformers Studio Series 86 Core Class Hasbro 2023 New"
IRONHIDE Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHOCKWAVE Transformers Studio Series Core Class Bumblebee Hasbro 2022 New"
SHOCKWAVE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CORONATION STARSCREAM Transformers Studio Series 86-12 Leader 2022 King 220907A"
CORONATION STARSCR ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KUP Transformers Studio Series 86-02 Animated Movie Deluxe Hasbro 2021 New"
KUP Transformers S ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "NOVAKANE Transformers Studio Series Core Class Terrorcon Hasbro 2023 New"
NEW!
NOVAKANE Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BLURR Transformers Studio Series 86-03 Animated Movie Deluxe Hasbro 2021 New"
BLURR Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "JOLT Transformers Studio Series 75 Deluxe ROTF Hasbro 2021 New"
JOLT Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "JUNKHEAP Transformers Studio Series 86-14 Animated Movie Voyager 2022 New"
JUNKHEAP Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WHEELJACK Transformers Studio Series 81 Deluxe Bumblebee Hasbro 2022 New"
WHEELJACK Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GALVATRON Transformers Studio Series 90 Age of Extinction AOE Movie Voyager 2022"
GALVATRON Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BUMBLEBEE Transformers Studio Series Gamer Edition +01 Deluxe WFC 2023 New"
BUMBLEBEE Transfor ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Battleslash" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Slug" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Cutthroat" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Toys Megatron Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Fusion Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 11.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Novastar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Moonracer" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Leader Dragonstorm Combiner" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Xort and Highbrow" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee – Energon Igniters Power Plus Series Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Jetfire Figure(Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON