This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Takara Golden Lagoon Figures Discussion Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Takara Golden Lagoon Figures Discussion Thread

Postby -Kanrabat- » Tue Aug 28, 2018 3:33 am

Motto: "Love it? GET IT!
It's that simple."
Weapon: Vibro-Axe
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:What exactly are we meant to see in the circle?

Pretty sure it's not it, but it looks like gold plastic breakage at the hinge area

That's not plastic breakage at all. It's just good old paint chipping. As a customiser of transformers, I see it happen ALL the time with painted joints.
Come see my latest creation, a Galvatron Combiner using 4 SS86 Sweeps as limbs HERE!

Also, an update to my old ALL HELICOPER VICTORION!

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 95
Watch -Kanrabat- on YouTube
Buy from -Kanrabat- on eBay
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Postby o.supreme » Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:14 am

Motto: "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes"
Emerje wrote:So I ended up ordering a Starscream off TTM today. After tax and shipping costs within Japan I'm currently sitting at about $41~. I still thinking it'll run between $50 and $55 total when it ships in October. If all goes well I might make a guide on how to order from Japan-only stores using a mailing service (I use Tenso).

Emerje

If you can provide the link when this goes up for preorder, that would be appreciated. I've only seen a couple of *questionable* pre-orders so far and they have it in the $70-$80 range which is ridiculous. Plus they are sites I've not heard of, none of the major online retailers have it yet that I am aware of.

*Edit* looks like Pre-orders are starting to go up For GL Starscream. The Chosen Prime has it for $45. Robot Kingdom has it for $33, and I checked, with shipping would be $43...not as bad as I thought. I'll wait and see BBTS price however (when they have it up) before making my final decision.
Bucket/Want List: Botcon 2016 Customization Class Ratchet (G2 Deco), or Customization Class Ratchet (Marvel Comics Deco) **would also be willing to pay for an Unpainted Botcon 2016 Ratchet, TT Legends Fortress Head (only) with working Electronics

Wish List of Modern Combiners: Road Caesar, Monstructor & Dinoking (proper size to fiction), Landcross, Guard City, Battle Gaia, & G2 Defensor. Wish List of Titans:Metrotitan,Majin Zarak
o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 55
Watch o.supreme on YouTube
Buy from o.supreme on eBay

Many New In Hand Images of Takara Golden Lagoon Convoy Optimus Prime Exclusive

Postby william-james88 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:57 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
Via Japanese fan site Chohenken, we have some new images of the Takara Tomy Transformers Golden Lagoon redeco of Masterpiece figure MP-10 Optimus Prime / Convoy which sees to be the last release of this mold before the arrival of the third version of the same character in the same line.

There are a lot of images here, enough to show you exactly which parts are chrome or painted. We do see that the paint can easily be chipped, which a red circle highlights. This is a Takaratomymall exclusive but it is also being distributed through Hasbro Asia, who local retailers are importing from. He is being sold for around $180 by domestic retailers. Thanks to Shajaki for bringing these pics to our attention.

If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4498
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby Nathaniel Prime » Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:03 am

Motto: "Scale is also like Starscream in the G1 movie in that it's bad comedy."
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
I thought ut looked ok before, but he looks great now. Athough if I were to change ONE thing from this, besides getting a gold trailer too, I'd make the matrix gold chrome instead of gold plastic. That said, I don't have the money nor the justification to cough up 180$ for a trailer-less Prime.
One's red one's blue sometimes I want to ask god why he's played this cruel joke on us
Nathaniel Prime
Gestalt Team Leader
News Credits: 56
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Tank
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 9

Postby shajaki » Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:39 am

Motto: "A man who wants nothing is invincible."
Nathaniel Prime wrote:I'd make the matrix gold chrome instead of gold plastic.
While I don't have this MP-10 yet, I'm sure the Matrix is diecast painted gold. Every MP-10 Matrix thus far has been diecast, not plastic.
shajaki
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 293
Buy from shajaki on eBay

Postby -Kanrabat- » Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:24 am

Motto: "Love it? GET IT!
It's that simple."
Weapon: Vibro-Axe
shajaki wrote:
Nathaniel Prime wrote:I'd make the matrix gold chrome instead of gold plastic.
While I don't have this MP-10 yet, I'm sure the Matrix is diecast painted gold. Every MP-10 Matrix thus far has been diecast, not plastic.

But you did order it, right? :-?
Looking forward to have it in hand?
Come see my latest creation, a Galvatron Combiner using 4 SS86 Sweeps as limbs HERE!

Also, an update to my old ALL HELICOPER VICTORION!

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 95
Watch -Kanrabat- on YouTube
Buy from -Kanrabat- on eBay
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Postby o.supreme » Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:21 am

So I'm glad I jumped on Starscream quickly, pre-orders are already sold out at BBTS. I was originally going to order from RK, but something got wonky with their shipping, originally it was going to be only about $10 to ship, then at the final stage it somehow changed to $27 (and that was the least expensive method!)...No thank you. I know some places have it still...I think Chosen Prime still does, but the price is all about the same- $45 give or take. Not bad, especially in comparison with past TFCC exclusives.
Bucket/Want List: Botcon 2016 Customization Class Ratchet (G2 Deco), or Customization Class Ratchet (Marvel Comics Deco) **would also be willing to pay for an Unpainted Botcon 2016 Ratchet, TT Legends Fortress Head (only) with working Electronics

Wish List of Modern Combiners: Road Caesar, Monstructor & Dinoking (proper size to fiction), Landcross, Guard City, Battle Gaia, & G2 Defensor. Wish List of Titans:Metrotitan,Majin Zarak
o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby ScottyP » Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:58 am

Weapon: Battle Blades
I just want one more use of the CW Starscream before they shelf it forever. With UW Ghost Starscream, TFCC SG Starscream, PotP Voyager, and now this Golden Lagoon version, we're one figure off from being able to create all Starscream combiners.
Listen to me ramble about robots on the Seibertron.com Twincast / Podcast
ScottyP
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 638
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:36 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
I went with TFSource for Starscream since I never got any notice about BBTS putting up their preorder for it until well after said preorder had sold out.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 436
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7

Postby chuckdawg1999 » Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:29 pm

Motto: "The man, the myth, the legend... yeah right."
Sabrblade wrote:I went with TFSource for Starscream since I never got any notice about BBTS putting up their preorder for it until well after said preorder had sold out.

Yeah, now that you mention it there were NO pre-order notifications for the Golden Lagon figures besides Prime.
chuckdawg1999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 317
Watch chuckdawg1999 on YouTube
Buy from chuckdawg1999 on eBay
Strength: 10
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Postby Marcdachamp » Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:22 pm

Did I miss the boat in preorders for the Autobots team? What’s the price point on that? I don’t care to own Perceptor, but I’d love to have Beachcomber and Seaspray.
Marcdachamp
Transmetal Warrior
News Credits: 1

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:49 pm

Marcdachamp wrote:Did I miss the boat in preorders for the Autobots team? What’s the price point on that? I don’t care to own Perceptor, but I’d love to have Beachcomber and Seaspray.
https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/79611
https://tfsource.com/wonderfest-exclusive/golden-lagoon-giftset/

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby shajaki » Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:58 pm

Motto: "A man who wants nothing is invincible."
shajaki
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 293
Buy from shajaki on eBay

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:18 pm

My TFSource preorder for GL Starscream has processed. Gonna wait to ship it later after I save up a bit so as to take advantage of the free shipping on orders over $150. Got my eyes on a few other things that I can group together in my Stack with Screamer.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby o.supreme » Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:05 pm

My BBTS GLSS order was processed yesterday, hasn't shipped yet. It's the only item I had on pre-order, so hopefully it will ship soon. My PotP collection will be complete! (I know Golden Lagoon SS isn't technically PotP, but I count it as such...) Ironically, thanks to the lack of exclusives, I'm able to finish my want list for this line before CW or TR. My chances of completing TR are still feasible, as everything I want is still in stock and available on online, but CW will probably be next to impossible to complete. Curse you Hasbro, and your Modulus! :BANG_HEAD: 8-) .

o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:36 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
I saw GL Screamer come in stock and I am tempted by him. But I already have a nice divisible-by-4 number of combiner limbs, so i really don't need him. But he is really nice looking.
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Strength: 5
Endurance: 7
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Postby Emerje » Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:40 am

Motto: "Spellcheck's antithesis."
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
My Starscream should be here this weekend, maybe Monday at the latest. My grand total getting it directly from Takara Tomy Mall came to $56 which isn't terrible, but I underestimated how cheap the domestic price would be.

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff
News Credits: 235
Alt Mode: Lobster Moose
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Firepower: 3
Skill: 6

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:13 pm

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
And here we have the next figure: Soundwave, from the Titans Return figure, NOT the Bumblebee retool:

https://twitter.com/ripetakobozu/status/1088382917347180544

Via Nathaniel Prime in the Siege thread.
The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3

Looking for:
- TR Furos (Hardhead's head) and Crashbash (lost him :()
- PotP Punch head
- TR Galvatron right arm (the gun one)
- CW Brake-Neck/UW Wildrider, CW Offroad
- TR Twinferno & Grotusque
- Greenlight, Lancer and PotP Elita-1 (plus repro Victorion hands and feet?)
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 241
Strength: 5
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Skill: 5

Postby Wolfman Jake » Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:10 am

Motto: ""A mountain with a wolf on it stands a little taller."
-Edward Hoagland"
Weapon: Retractable Mecha-Fangs
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:And here we have the next figure: Soundwave, from the Titans Return figure, NOT the Bumblebee retool:

If Takara Tomy wanted to put out a "Golden Lagoon" edition of Soundwave at this size, why not use the far superior Masterpiece mold? It worked out well for Optimus Prime. Then again, it's weird they relegated poor "Golden Lagoon" Starscream to an undersized Deluxe mold that's not even very screen accurate anyway.
Wolfman Jake - Spendin' the day howlin' away.
Wolfman Jake
Faction Commander
News Credits: 65
Alt Mode: Wolf
Strength: 6
Courage: 9
Firepower: 2
Skill: 8

Postby Nathaniel Prime » Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:28 am

Motto: "Scale is also like Starscream in the G1 movie in that it's bad comedy."
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
Wolfman Jake wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:And here we have the next figure: Soundwave, from the Titans Return figure, NOT the Bumblebee retool:

If Takara Tomy wanted to put out a "Golden Lagoon" edition of Soundwave at this size, why not use the far superior Masterpiece mold? It worked out well for Optimus Prime. Then again, it's weird they relegated poor "Golden Lagoon" Starscream to an undersized Deluxe mold that's not even very screen accurate anyway.

I have no idea why they didn't just go with MP Soundwave, but the gold really makes this mold look great. The fact that it's not haphazardly applied makes him look even better. I'm sure that some people would have liked to have seen the Bumblebee Soundwave get this treatment instead though
One's red one's blue sometimes I want to ask god why he's played this cruel joke on us
Nathaniel Prime
Gestalt Team Leader
News Credits: 56
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Tank
Endurance: 9
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:20 am

The TR mold gives us a solid gold disco nightclub for our Titan Masters, Prime Masters, Micromasters, BotBots, etc. to boogie down and shake their groove thing! :P
Last edited by Sabrblade on Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby william-james88 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:00 am

Motto: "'till All Are One"
Here you go, more images that I newsed

If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4498
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby Emerje » Sat Jan 26, 2019 7:15 am

Motto: "Spellcheck's antithesis."
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
I wonder how close that is to the final version. The gold plastic looks waaay better than any of the other figures, but I'm prepared to be disappointed by dull gold plastic once again.

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff
News Credits: 235
Alt Mode: Lobster Moose
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Firepower: 3
Skill: 6

Golden Lagoon Soundwave at Wonderfest 2019!

Postby notsoalex » Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:17 pm

Weapon: Dual Low-Radiation 1 Megaton Proton Bombs
Thanks to @TF_pr on Twitter, we a have a picture of Golden Lagoon Soundwave at Wonderfest 2019! This is one of our first pictures of this shiny fellow, who we usually saw in stock photos. The figure is a redeco of Titans Return Leader Class Soundwave, cast in gold colored plastic, with painted gold chrome over it. This refers to the Transformers Generation 1 episode "The Golden Lagoon," which starred, the Golden Lagoon, in which everyone was dipped in gold. The figure utilizes the original Soundwave sculpt, instead of the Bumblebee retooling.

So, thoughts of this now that we see a good picture of this lad? Tell us your thoughts in the Pub forums below!

Got some news! Contact us here!
notsoalex
News Staff
News Credits: 171
Watch notsoalex on YouTube
Alt Mode: A bad car
Strength: ???
Intelligence: ???
Speed: ???
Endurance: ???
Courage: ???
Firepower: ???

Postby no-one » Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:44 pm

Looking sharp, if I'm reading that correctly is he 10,800 yen?
no-one
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 131

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #140 Cvr B DC Comics 2023 0923DC076 140B (W) Zdarsky (CA) Finch"
BATMAN #140 Cvr B ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HULK #4 var 1:25 Marvel Comics 2022 DEC210999 (CA) Gist (W) Cates (A) Ottley"
HULK #4 var 1:25 M ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #15 var 1:10 Marvel Comics 2022 OCT220764 (A/CA) McGuinness"
AMAZING SPIDER-MAN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #181 Facsimile Edition Cvr B foil DC Comics 2023 ptg 0323DC161 181B"
BATMAN #181 Facsim ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MILES MORALES SPIDER-MAN #38 var 1:10 design Marvel Comics 2022 MAR220966"
MILES MORALES SPID ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #25 var 1:100 Disney Marvel Comics MAR230730 (CA)Soffritti"
AMAZING SPIDER-MAN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DEVILS REIGN SPIDER-MAN #1 Marvel Comics 2022 DEC210916 (CA) Gomez (W) Piper"
DEVILS REIGN SPIDE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SUPERMAN #1 Cvr K DC Comics 2023 DEC222893 1K (CA) Jimenez (W) Williamson"
SUPERMAN #1 Cvr K ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Batman Santa Claus SILENT KNIGHT #4 Cvr C 1:25 DC Comics 1023DC047 4C Hairsine"
Batman Santa Claus ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Giant Size Amazing Spider-Man CHAMELEON CONSPIRACY #1 var Marvel Comics 230418"
Giant Size Amazing ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #136 Cvr A DC Comics 2023 0423DC001 136A (W) Zdarsky (CA) Jimenez"
BATMAN #136 Cvr A ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHE-HULK #15 var Marvel Comics 2023 MAY230922 (CA) Dekal (W) Rowell (A) Genolet"
SHE-HULK #15 var M ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "IMMORTAL HULK #50 var 1:25 Marvel Comics 2021 AUG211050 (CA) Hitch"
IMMORTAL HULK #50 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SLEDGE HAMMER #2 Spider-Man Marvel Comics 1988 (A/CA) Saviuk (W) Salicrup"
NEW!
SLEDGE HAMMER #2 S ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Toys Optimus Prime Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Matrix Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 & Up, 11.5"" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Sludge" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 12 Voyager Class Movie 1 Decepticon Brawl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Windblade and Scorchfire" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Team Combiner Galvatronus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Steeljaw Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum RID Grimlock and Bumblebee - Exclusive" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Skywarp Figure" on AMAZON