This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Takara Golden Lagoon Figures Discussion Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Takara Golden Lagoon Figures Discussion Thread

Postby Wireless_Phantom » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:13 pm

Motto: ""There is no fate, no destiny, only your will.""
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
He is GOLD That is all
You can trust the man who speaks in purple
Wireless_Phantom
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 3
Watch Wireless_Phantom on YouTube
Alt Mode: White Transmetal Dragon
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 9
Courage: 9
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10

Postby AllNewSuperRobot » Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:25 am

Motto: "Guilty or Innocent?
Always Guilty..."
Weapon: Particle Beam Cannon
I wonder if they will go all the way to Gold Omega Supreme with this line :-?
AllNewSuperRobot
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 6
Alt Mode: Special Beam Cannon
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Speed: N/A
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10+
Firepower: ???
Skill: 9

Postby o.supreme » Wed Nov 04, 2020 12:12 pm

Motto: "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes"
Resurrecting This Thread, as these just popped up on Hasbro Pulse for pre-order. If you missed them before here is your Chance :)

The only one I wanted was Starscream, which I got previously from BBTS, and at the same price it is on PULSE, so I'm not upset. Still nice for any who want them, here is a second chance.
Bucket/Want List: Botcon 2016 Customization Class Ratchet (G2 Deco), or Customization Class Ratchet (Marvel Comics Deco) **would also be willing to pay for an Unpainted Botcon 2016 Ratchet, TT Legends Fortress Head (only) with working Electronics

Wish List of Modern Combiners: Road Caesar, Monstructor & Dinoking (proper size to fiction), Landcross, Guard City, Battle Gaia, & G2 Defensor. Wish List of Titans:Metrotitan,Majin Zarak
o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 55
Watch o.supreme on YouTube
Buy from o.supreme on eBay

Postby TF-fan kev777 » Wed Nov 04, 2020 12:21 pm

As someone who just sold off my GL Starscream last week, all I can say is "whew".
TF-fan kev777
City Commander
News Credits: 42
Strength: 7
Speed: 8
Endurance: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Postby o.supreme » Wed Nov 04, 2020 12:24 pm

TF-fan kev777 wrote:As someone who just sold off my GL Starscream last week, all I can say is "whew".

I would never sell mine since he (as Sunstorm) is an integral part of one of my Combiners... but I never looked at after market prices once I got him initially. Would you care to give a rough idea of what he sold for? ;) .
Bucket/Want List: Botcon 2016 Customization Class Ratchet (G2 Deco), or Customization Class Ratchet (Marvel Comics Deco) **would also be willing to pay for an Unpainted Botcon 2016 Ratchet, TT Legends Fortress Head (only) with working Electronics

Wish List of Modern Combiners: Road Caesar, Monstructor & Dinoking (proper size to fiction), Landcross, Guard City, Battle Gaia, & G2 Defensor. Wish List of Titans:Metrotitan,Majin Zarak
o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby TF-fan kev777 » Wed Nov 04, 2020 12:31 pm

o.supreme wrote:
TF-fan kev777 wrote:As someone who just sold off my GL Starscream last week, all I can say is "whew".

I would never sell mine since he (as Sunstorm) is an integral part of one of my Combiners... but I never looked at after market prices once I got him initially. Would you care to give a rough idea of what he sold for? ;) .

He went for $50, not a huge increase over his original but some financial issues came up that lead to me having to sell off some parts of the collection that I didn't really need. If I would have waited a week longer, it would have been pointless.
TF-fan kev777
City Commander

Postby o.supreme » Wed Nov 04, 2020 12:34 pm

Makes Sense. Thanks for Sharing. I've been in that position before. I've really curbed my collecting to just what I absolutely want, which has served me well. Only 4 definites so far for Kingdom

o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Immortal Starscream » Wed Nov 04, 2020 1:35 pm

just now saw these were up on pulse myself. sadly, all except prime are sold out

"They're playing with him... and when they're done they're going to play with me.... OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!"
Immortal Starscream
Headmaster
News Credits: 18

Postby TF-fan kev777 » Wed Nov 04, 2020 1:56 pm

Immortal Starscream wrote:just now saw these were up on pulse myself. sadly, all except prime are sold out

Damn, that was quick.
TF-fan kev777
City Commander

Postby Wolfman Jake » Wed Nov 04, 2020 3:06 pm

Motto: ""A mountain with a wolf on it stands a little taller."
-Edward Hoagland"
Weapon: Retractable Mecha-Fangs
The Perceptor, Seaspray, and Beachcomber Golden Lagoon figures are still okay, since these are the latest molds of these characters AND pretty good ones at that. The rest are too little too late for me. Soundwave and Optimus Prime are way too big now for the new War for Cybertron Trilogy scale, and that Starscream is way too small and off model as compared to the fantastic Earthrise Starscream. These were an easy pass before, and they remain so now.
Wolfman Jake - Spendin' the day howlin' away.
Wolfman Jake
Faction Commander
News Credits: 65
Alt Mode: Wolf
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Firepower: 2
Skill: 8

Postby Gauntlet101010 » Wed Nov 04, 2020 3:10 pm

Yeah, I'm still not into these. Maybe if they were the new molds, I'd consider it, but these aren't even close to fitting in anymore.

Plus, there's just a glut of exclusives I want more.
Gauntlet101010
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 1

Postby o.supreme » Wed Nov 04, 2020 3:16 pm

I wonder if these were just sitting around TT warehouse, and they decided to give them to Pulse to see if they could "offload" them. I don't think they are newly produced. Still their appearance in the latest Selects Manga probably was a hope to get rid of the last of theser, which seems to have worked, except for MP-Prime.

I had no idea that today was the 35th anniversary of the airing of the Episode "The Golden Lagoon"... , nice way to synergize Pulse ;) .

The 35th anniversary of my favorite episode of all time is in 2 days...I wonder if they will do anything for that ;) .

o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron

Takara's Golden Lagoon Figures Listed On Hasbro Pulse

Postby ZeroWolf » Wed Nov 04, 2020 3:39 pm

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
Greetings Seibertronians! Thanks to fellow Seibertron users, TF-fan Kev777 and Kaynowa, we've learned that Takara's Exclusive Golden Lagoon figures (sold in three sets) have been listed on Hasbro Pulse! These were formerly only available via Takara (and any site that imported them). Now though Hasbro are making them available to US fans. Though at time of this article going live, only the redeco of Transformers Masterpiece MP-10 Optimus Prime is in stock. It is unknown at this juncture if any more preorders will become available or if it was first come, first served.

The three sets are:

Takara Tomy Golden Lagoon GL- 01 Convoy (Optimus Prime).

A redeco of Transformers Masterpiece MP-10 Optimus Prime.

Takara Tomy Golden Lagoon GL- 02 Starscream.

A redeco of Transformers Unite Warriors Ghost Starscream (who himself was Transformers Combiner Wars Skydive with a new head and cast in translucent plastics).

Takara Tomy Golden Lagoon GL- 03 Beachcomber, Perceptor and Seaspray.

Redecos of Power of the Primes Legends Beachcomber, Titans Returns Deluxe Class Perceptor (and Titan Master Convex) and Titans Returns Legends Class Seaspray.

What do you think of these? Did you manage to get a preorder on them? Have you got them from their previous release? Let us know in the Energon Pub and stay tuned to Seibertron for all the latest news and reviews!
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
News Credits: 1350

Postby o.supreme » Wed Nov 04, 2020 3:51 pm

GL-04 Soundwave cries in a corner for being left out, :-( even though he's sold out like most of the others ;) .

Also just curious, what's the policy on news around here? I'm not upset at all, just confused as many stories I've brought up get passed over. If I submit via the actual news submission form, someone looks in the forums. If I do it first in the forums, someone else submits it via the form... :-?

o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby TF-fan kev777 » Wed Nov 04, 2020 3:54 pm

I think in this case I submitted and mentioned it in another forum likely minutes before you mentioned it in the GL forum. (I'd forgotten there even was one.)
TF-fan kev777
City Commander

Postby MeGrimlock78 » Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:25 pm

$45 for a deluxe?

And using molds that already exist?

Am I missing something?
MeGrimlock78
Fuzor

Postby Overcracker » Thu Nov 05, 2020 2:00 pm

Motto: "Collecting little transforming action figures is the right of all sentient Geeks."
Weapon: Indepentently Targetable Particle Beam Cannons
MeGrimlock78 wrote:$45 for a deluxe?

Am I missing something?

Its all golden and shiny and from Japan. Look, its shiny!!!!!!! :HALUC: :-D :lol:
Check the Collection Manager Updates at the thread in the General discussion forum.
TF Search Website First Beta is now up. Click this link!
Beast Wars complete, Beast Machines almost done.
Last Update: March 14, 2024:
Now holding 1000!!! figures and 2310 releases of figures. Please check forum post above
Overcracker
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 5
Watch Overcracker on YouTube
Speed: 6
Firepower: Infinity

Postby o.supreme » Thu Nov 05, 2020 2:03 pm

Still way cheaper than BotCon and TFCC deluxes

o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Nov 05, 2020 5:14 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Overcracker wrote:

Am I missing something?

Its all golden and shiny and from Japan. Look, its shiny!!!!!!! :HALUC: :-D :lol:
And they were Japanese convention exclusives produced in limited quantity.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 436
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby MeGrimlock78 » Thu Nov 05, 2020 6:06 pm

I would think that the cost of a limited run would've been factored into the retail the first time around. I'm assuming this is a new production run, and most of the cost would just be in the materials and assembly.

I get that it needs to be close to the original retail to ensure people don't wait for the cheaper second run...but still.
MeGrimlock78
Fuzor

Postby Emerje » Thu Nov 05, 2020 6:42 pm

Motto: "Spellcheck's antithesis."
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
Got Starscream back when Takara Tomy was offering them, but I passed on the rest even when they were under deep discount on TFSource. A new full price release from Hasbro sure wasn't going to entice me.

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff
News Credits: 235
Alt Mode: Lobster Moose
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Courage: 10
Firepower: 3
Skill: 6

Postby Overcracker » Thu Nov 05, 2020 7:37 pm

Motto: "Collecting little transforming action figures is the right of all sentient Geeks."
Sabrblade wrote:
Overcracker wrote:

Am I missing something?

And how does that affect the price on these? Different production run, so the limited availability of the originals is irrelevant and in poor taste to use that to jack up the price.

Basically. poor attempt at scalping unsuspecting buyers.
Check the Collection Manager Updates at the thread in the General discussion forum.
Now holding 1000!!! figures and 2310 releases of figures. Please check forum post above
Overcracker
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby TF-fan kev777 » Thu Nov 05, 2020 7:43 pm

Overcracker wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Overcracker wrote:

Am I missing something?

And how does that affect the price on these? Different production run, so the limited availability of the originals is irrelevant and in poor taste to use that to jack up the price.

Except the original price was about $40 and that was 3 years ago, I think, so not really jacking anything up.

Edit: I found my order, only 2 years, but BBTS was charging $45, so no markup over original at all.
TF-fan kev777
City Commander

Postby Overcracker » Thu Nov 05, 2020 8:01 pm

TF-fan kev777 wrote:
Overcracker wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Overcracker wrote:

Am I missing something?

Except the original price was about $40 and that was 3 years ago, I think, so not really jacking anything up.

Edit: I found my order, only 2 years, but BBTS was charging $45, so no markup over original at all.

Which brings me back to: these are $45 simply because they are golden and shiny. No real reason for them to be twice the price of a regular CW deluxe. Even today.. when the originals can still be found on Ebay for 50 to 60 US.
Overcracker
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby TF-fan kev777 » Thu Nov 05, 2020 8:29 pm

Overcracker wrote:
TF-fan kev777 wrote:
Overcracker wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Overcracker wrote:

Am I missing something?

Which brings me back to: these are $45 simply because they are golden and shiny. No real reason for them to be twice the price of a regular CW deluxe. Even today.. when the originals can still be found on Ebay for 50 to 60 US.

No argument there, they charge what they can get away with, and plenty of fans (myself included) will pay the price for the shiny.

It is a damn nice shiny by the way, overprice/exclusive or not.
TF-fan kev777
City Commander

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WONDER WOMAN #79 V5 Regular Cover DC Comics 2019 (ca) Lopresti JUL190615"
WONDER WOMAN #79 V ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #138 Cvr C DC Comics 2023 0823DC013 138C (W) Zdarsky (CA) Cho (A) Jimenez"
BATMAN #138 Cvr C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "FLASH #799 Cvr D 1:25 DC Comics 2023 0323DC227 799D (W) Adams (CA) Galmon"
FLASH #799 Cvr D 1 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Batman Santa Claus SILENT KNIGHT #4 Cvr C 1:25 DC Comics 1023DC047 4C Hairsine"
Batman Santa Claus ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #131 Cvr A DC Comics 2023 NOV223375 131A (W) Zdarsky (CA) Jimenez 231117B"
BATMAN #131 Cvr A ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "FLASH #794 Cvr C card stock DC Comics 2023 JAN233296 794C (CA) Kambadais"
FLASH #794 Cvr C c ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DETECTIVE COMICS #1069 Cvr A DC Comics 2023 DEC222970 1069A (CA) Cagle"
DETECTIVE COMICS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Wonder Woman COME BACK TO ME #2 (of 6) Variant DC Comics 2019 JUN190556"
Wonder Woman COME ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #398 DC Comics 1989 (CA) Mandrake (W) Greenberger (A)García-López 230915A"
BATMAN #398 DC Com ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SUPERMAN #3 Cvr A DC Comics 2023 0223DC019 3A (W) Williamson (CA) Campbell"
SUPERMAN #3 Cvr A ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SUPERMAN #3 Cvr I 1:100 DC Comics 2023 0223DC027 3I (W) Williamson (CA) Campbell"
SUPERMAN #3 Cvr I ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #439 DC Comics 1989 (CA) Perez (W) Wolfman (A) Broderick 230915A"
BATMAN #439 DC Com ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SUPERMAN #2 Cvr B DC Comics 2023 JAN233225 2B (W) Williamson (CA) Daniel"
SUPERMAN #2 Cvr B ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN & SCOOBY-DOO MYSTERIES #10 DC Comics 0523DC252 (A/CA) Brizuela (W) Cohen"
BATMAN & SCOOBY-DO ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Outback" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Repugnus, Dastard, and Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Punch-Counterpunch and Prima Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Rippersnapper" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Six Shot and Decepticon Revolver" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Furos and Hardhead" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Darkmoon and Astrotrain" on AMAZON