This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Walmart G1 Transformers Toys Reissues Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: 2018 G1 Transformers Toys Reissues Thread

Postby Evil Eye » Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:13 am

Motto: "Don't be a goddamn coward."
Weapon: Acid Spray Gun
ANOTHER G1 Prime reissue? And the gun STILL has the handle in the wrong place?
Ha ha Transformers go brrrrr
Evil Eye
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 12
Alt Mode: F-4 Phantom II
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 6
Skill: 8

Postby returnofplex » Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:32 am

Someone looked up the SKU and the Wal Mart system had this at $49.99. I bought an extremely high quality(as good or better than the Hasbro reissues over the years), complete KO, in a G1 box for less than $40.00 SHIPPED from China to my door. I could see them praying on our nostalgia by doing it complete with trailer at $59.99, but this is ridiculous.
returnofplex
Mini-Con

Postby Lore Keeper » Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:56 am

returnofplex wrote:Someone looked up the SKU and the Wal Mart system had this at $49.99. I bought an extremely high quality(as good or better than the Hasbro reissues over the years), complete KO, in a G1 box for less than $40.00 SHIPPED from China to my door. I could see them praying on our nostalgia by doing it complete with trailer at $59.99, but this is ridiculous.

I think this is exactly what is going on here. HasTak are under the belief people will buy anything that plays into nostalgia for G1 Optimus (toy and cartoon). That's why we have a whole debate over the outlandish price of MP-44. The worst part of all of this is, they are right. So... many... people are going to cave and buy these regardless of the price. I'm sorry, but if I can buy Siege Optimus, who is a better toy in practically every way for $30, there is just no chance in hell this brick of a robot is worth $50. I know this is coming off as especially salty, but I've grown very tired of a retail toy company selling toys for far more than they're worth. $150 Primus anyone?
Lore Keeper
Headmaster
News Credits: 11

Postby Black Bumblebee » Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:01 am

If this guy sells for any more than $20 then it just isn't worth it. Let's face it, G1 Prime is one of the easiest figures to find on ebay as everyone has had one. The only thing that puts his price up is all the small little bits like a hose for roller or making sure that the trailer door isn't broken.

This, though? It has no extras. No nothing. Nothing special. As pointed out, he doesn't have the music label head. He doesn't have a matrix. He doesn't have blue tinted windows. He doesn't have a special back piece It's just a simple, basic, G1 Prime cab. If that's all you want... G1 cabs are available for uber cheap on ebay. Or at your local salvation army.
Visit http://www.youtube.com/user/Pepsimus to see the latest episodes of The War Within animated, adapted from the comic of the same name. Episodes 1 & 2 complete!
Black Bumblebee
Pretender
News Credits: 2
Buy from Black Bumblebee on eBay

Postby ZeldaTheSwordsman » Sun Dec 16, 2018 12:04 pm

Motto: "Earthrise restock or riot"
Well, it's the norm for reissues to be collectorflated at their starting price.

LoreKeeper, that $150 Primus wasn't just Hasbro. That was also TRU f***ery
WANT:
* Cybertron Galvatron key, missiles
* Omega Lock
* Primus Cyber Key, coattail panel
* Powerlinx Comettor
* Cyb Jetfire R gun and missile
* RiD Galvy dragon head, beast arms
* DotM Ironhide windshield, R hood assy.
* ROTF Jetfire R JTFR panel

Di Bonaventura is not a credible or trustworthy source. And most fans do like the diversity push, thanks.

Trading MOSC MMPR fliphead Pink Ranger for ER Fasttrack or SIEGE Refraktor
ZeldaTheSwordsman
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Lore Keeper » Sun Dec 16, 2018 12:09 pm

ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:Well, it's the norm for reissues to be collectorflated at their starting price.

I expect some level of mark ups on collector oriented figures, but there is a limit to what is reasonable. $50 for a little truck cab robot is not reasonable. One could argue it has the prestige of being the "original" one, but that's not really the case when this release comes with half of the toy.
Lore Keeper
Headmaster

Postby Wolfman Jake » Sun Dec 16, 2018 12:22 pm

Motto: ""A mountain with a wolf on it stands a little taller."
-Edward Hoagland"
Weapon: Retractable Mecha-Fangs
I'm looking forward to this release, despite its hefty price tag. My G1 Optimus Prime in my collection right now is the 25th Anniversary one from the Universe 2008 line. I've already got the trailer and all of the accessories that come with it. The problem is, that was a sub-par Optimus Prime figure in the set, what with the off colors of red and blue and the short smoke stacks. Now I've got a chance to replace that with a more genuine reissue of the original toy, with the right red and blue colors, the original long smokestacks, and the retooled gun that fits right in his hands too! I might wait and see if he'll eventually go on deep discount like Hot Rod did, but I'll certainly be picking this release up.
Wolfman Jake - Spendin' the day howlin' away.
Wolfman Jake
Faction Commander
News Credits: 65
Alt Mode: Wolf
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 10
Endurance: 8
Courage: 9
Firepower: 2
Skill: 8

Postby william-james88 » Sun Dec 16, 2018 12:32 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:Well, it's the norm for reissues to be collectorflated at their starting price.

It was not, it was 100% Hasbro. The cost per unit on TRU exclusives was really high, so TRU had to sell it at MSRP. Takara is doing the same thing with their Unicron of Light over in Japan and yet no one is batting an eye for some reason.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4498
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby no-one » Sun Dec 16, 2018 12:34 pm

william-james88 wrote:

It was not, it was 100% Hasbro. The cost per unit on TRU exclusives was really high, so TRU had to sell it at MSRP. Takara is doing the same thing with their Unicron of Light over in Japan and yet no one is batting an eye for some reason.
Because Takara does no wrong and is premium >:oP
no-one
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 131

Postby hausjam » Sun Dec 16, 2018 1:26 pm

Reissue hot rod was or is selling for half price. This one may well also. If it does, I may pick one up. Even though I already have 3 g1 primes.
hausjam
Minibot

Postby ZeroWolf » Sun Dec 16, 2018 1:46 pm

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
carytheone wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

Because Takara does no wrong and is premium >:oP

This is true and it's a myth that needs to be busted for good...i also completely forgot about Unicron of Light
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
News Credits: 1350

Postby DecepticonFinishline » Sun Dec 16, 2018 2:14 pm

Motto: "Can you change the radio to KZUM, please?"
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
I'm sure this has been answered before, but I missed out on it. Do these reissues have the same diecast as the original releases?
DecepticonFinishline
Targetmaster
News Credits: 14
Alt Mode: Taxi cab
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 5
Endurance: 2
Courage: 4
Firepower: 8
Skill: 9

Postby -Kanrabat- » Sun Dec 16, 2018 2:30 pm

Motto: "Love it? GET IT!
It's that simple."
Weapon: Vibro-Axe
DecepticonFinishline wrote:I'm sure this has been answered before, but I missed out on it. Do these reissues have the same diecast as the original releases?

If the original have diecast parts, the reissue should have the same die-cast parts.
Come see my latest creation, a Galvatron Combiner using 4 SS86 Sweeps as limbs HERE!

Also, an update to my old ALL HELICOPER VICTORION!

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 95
Watch -Kanrabat- on YouTube
Buy from -Kanrabat- on eBay
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Sun Dec 16, 2018 2:40 pm

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
-Kanrabat- wrote:
DecepticonFinishline wrote:I'm sure this has been answered before, but I missed out on it. Do these reissues have the same diecast as the original releases?

If the original have diecast parts, the reissue should have the same die-cast parts.

The same goes for most releases that originally had die cast, but switched to plastic later, like Ultra Magnus and Hot Rod. So far, the Scramble City combiners like Bruticus are exempt.
The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3

Looking for:
- TR Furos (Hardhead's head) and Crashbash (lost him :()
- PotP Punch head
- TR Galvatron right arm (the gun one)
- CW Brake-Neck/UW Wildrider, CW Offroad
- TR Twinferno & Grotusque
- Greenlight, Lancer and PotP Elita-1 (plus repro Victorion hands and feet?)
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 241
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Courage: 8
Skill: 5

Postby -Kanrabat- » Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:20 pm

It's that simple."
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:

The same goes for most releases that originally had die cast, but switched to plastic later, like Ultra Magnus and Hot Rod. So far, the Scramble City combiners like Bruticus are exempt.

Yeah, forgot to mention that when a thing get reissued, only the latest edition get reissued. Hotrod with metal feet was only for the first wave or so before that got changed to plastic. So of course we will never see a Hotrod with metal feet ever again. However, Optimus never lost his metal so he will still be full metal reissued.
Come see my latest creation, a Galvatron Combiner using 4 SS86 Sweeps as limbs HERE!

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:35 pm

-Kanrabat- wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:

Yeah, forgot to mention that when a thing get reissued, only the latest edition get reissued. Hotrod with metal feet was only for the first wave or so before that got changed to plastic. So of course we will never see a Hotrod with metal feet ever again. However, Optimus never lost his metal so he will still be full metal reissued.

Hot Rod got the metal feet, and Ultra Magnus the metal cab when they got reissued.

Looking for:
- PotP Punch head
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers

Postby Lore Keeper » Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:46 pm

JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:

Hot Rod got the metal feet, and Ultra Magnus the metal cab when they got reissued.

The Commemorative Series Hot Rod had metal feet. However, the newest reissue is the 2004 Takara reissue minus the Targetmaster. This version uses painted plastic feet.
Lore Keeper
Headmaster

Postby -Kanrabat- » Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:50 pm

It's that simple."
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:

UM have the "Optimus Prime" cab. Which was NEVER full plastics to begin with. Not counting the ever changing smokestacks.

But which Hotrod reissue got the metal feet?
Looking...
Eh. Twice. The first one, Takara's C-78, and Hasbro's white-box Commemorative. Suck that Walmart's only get the plastic feet.

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:02 pm

-Kanrabat- wrote:UM have the "Optimus Prime" cab. Which was NEVER full plastics to begin with. Not counting the ever changing smokestacks.

Oops, my bad. The rubber tires were replaced with plastic ones, and the windows of the cab were removed. Both were reinstated for the reissues.

-Kanrabat- wrote:But which Hotrod reissue got the metal feet?
Looking...
Eh. Twice. The first one, Takara's C-78, and Hasbro's white-box Commemorative. Suck that Walmart's only get the plastic feet.

The 2000 Takara reissue
Hasbro Commemorative Rodimus Major
TFC-13 Targetmaster Hot Rodimus

Looking for:
- PotP Punch head
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers

Postby -Kanrabat- » Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:14 pm

It's that simple."
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:UM have the "Optimus Prime" cab. Which was NEVER full plastics to begin with. Not counting the ever changing smokestacks.

Oops, my bad. The rubber tires were replaced with plastic ones, and the windows of the cab were removed. Both were reinstated for the reissues.

Plastic tires. Windows removed. What kind of blasphemous trashy reissue are we talking about here? :shock:
Not even Chinese knock-off "reissues" would dare do such a thing!

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:18 pm

-Kanrabat- wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

Plastic tires. Windows removed. What kind of blasphemous trashy reissue are we talking about here? :shock:
Not even Chinese knock-off "reissues" would dare do such a thing!

Read again. The reissues had the windows and the rubber tires, whereas the last releases in G1 had no windows and plastic tires.
Last edited by Jelze Bunnycat on Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Looking for:
- PotP Punch head
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers

Postby Ultra Markus » Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:19 pm

Motto: "“You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain.” - Harvey Dent in The Dark Knight"
Weapon: 16 Cannons
i wish they would bring back the TFC reissues
Ultra Markus
Gestalt
Alt Mode: the biggest baddest thing ever
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Postby -Kanrabat- » Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:50 pm

It's that simple."
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Read again. The reissues had the windows and the rubber tires, whereas the last releases in G1 had no windows and plastic tires.

WHAT THEY WERE THINKING?!

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:51 pm

-Kanrabat- wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Read again. The reissues had the windows and the rubber tires, whereas the last releases in G1 had no windows and plastic tires.

Cost saving.

Looking for:
- PotP Punch head
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers

Postby ZeldaTheSwordsman » Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:19 pm

Motto: "Earthrise restock or riot"
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:

Cost saving.

This. And like, aside from the chrome on those plastic tires those last runs of vintage Ultra Magnus didn't even have any PAINT.

JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:

Mind you, Bruticus and Piranacon are the only such combiners who've been reissued.
WANT:
* Cybertron Galvatron key, missiles
* Omega Lock
* Primus Cyber Key, coattail panel
* Powerlinx Comettor
* Cyb Jetfire R gun and missile
* RiD Galvy dragon head, beast arms
* DotM Ironhide windshield, R hood assy.
* ROTF Jetfire R JTFR panel

Di Bonaventura is not a credible or trustworthy source. And most fans do like the diversity push, thanks.

Trading MOSC MMPR fliphead Pink Ranger for ER Fasttrack or SIEGE Refraktor
ZeldaTheSwordsman
Guardian Of Seibertron

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KING SPAWN #6 Cvr A Image Comics 2022 NOV210222 6A (CA) Glapion (W) Lewis"
KING SPAWN #6 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Joker MAN WHO STOPPED LAUGHING #3 Cvr F Spawn DC Comics 2022 AUG229545 3F Daniel"
Joker MAN WHO STOP ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCORCHED #21 Cvr A Image Comics 2023 JUN230350 21A (CA) Mele (W) Lewis (A) Soy"
SCORCHED #21 Cvr A ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN SPAWN Classic Collection HC DC Image Comics 2022 JUL228083 (CA) Capullo"
BATMAN SPAWN Class ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCORCHED #1 Cvr C Image Comics 2022 OCT210017 1C Spawn (CA) Capullo (W) Lewis"
SCORCHED #1 Cvr C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KING SPAWN #29 Cvr A Image Comics 2023 1023IM345 29A (CA) Sabbatini (W)McFarlane"
KING SPAWN #29 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GUNSLINGER SPAWN #25 Cvr B Image Comics 2023 0823IM382 25B (CA) Keane"
GUNSLINGER SPAWN # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SPAWN #344 Cvr A Image Comics 2023 MAY230281 344A (W) McConville (CA) Williams"
SPAWN #344 Cvr A I ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SAVAGE DRAGON #263 Cvr C Image Comics 2023 NOV228105 263C (CA) Alexander"
SAVAGE DRAGON #263 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KING SPAWN #17 Cvr B Image Comics 2022 OCT220170 17B (CA) Aguillo (W) Lewis"
KING SPAWN #17 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCORCHED #24 Cvr B Image Comics 2023 0923IM444 24B (CA) Revolver (W) McFarlane"
SCORCHED #24 Cvr B ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SPAWN #351 Cvr A Image Comics 2024 1223IM319 351A (CA) Randal (W) McConville"
NEW!
SPAWN #351 Cvr A I ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SPAWN #340 Cvr A Image Comics 2023 JAN230272 340A (W) McConville (CA) Spears"
SPAWN #340 Cvr A I ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SPAWN #348 Cvr A Image Comics 2023 0923IM448 348A (W) McConville (CA) Carlos"
SPAWN #348 Cvr A I ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Battleslash" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Outback" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 08 Leader Class Movie 1 Decepticon Blackout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Energon Igniters Nitro Bumblebee Action Figure - Included Core Powers Driving Action - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 7-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 09 Voyager Class Movie 2 Thundercracker" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Computron Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Terri-Bull" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight 1-Step Turbo Changer Cogman" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Skrapnel" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Cyberverse Ultra Class Starscream" on AMAZON