This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-44 Optimus Prime 3.0 Discussion Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-?? Optimus Prime 3.0 Discussion Thread

Postby fenrir72 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:16 pm

Motto: "Power to the strong and the right!"
Weapon: Plasma Cannon
Overcracker wrote:
shajaki wrote:
bigcee66 wrote:
Amelie wrote:I didn't buy MP-01. It was too big, clunky and I disliked the over all aesthetic.

I didn't buy MP-10. It was better than MP-01, but felt like too much of a "halfway house" between what I really wanted (cartoon accuracy) and the infernal MP-01.

I'll be buying this. Its beautiful. MP28 (Hot Rod) is one of my favorite toys to date and the one that finally has brought me into the Masterpiece fold, so its a long mountain to climb from here.
MP-28? Really?
Judgement? Really? We're talking about toys dude. I have 90% of every MP released, and 28 is among my top 5. So yeah, he has fans out there.

I agree. MP-28 is one excellent MP. Leagues better than MP-09 for sure. Maye not as good, as say MP-12, or MP-20 But still top tier.

MP-28 hands down one of the best Autobot cars of the line. Sure MP-9 soured the line with all the QC issues but Hotrodimus took on the challenge and ht a home run!

Those putting the mold down don't know what they are talking about!

The so called "back pack" issue is a NON ISSUE. I challenge anyone else to design a fig even better! He's a near carbon copy of the 1986 character.

The somewhat disappointing (because Takara tried to put too much into so small a structure) was the Tracks mold.........(no neck lock is the worst part of the design).
fenrir72
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 60
Buy from fenrir72 on eBay
Alt Mode: Mobile Ground Fortress
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 9

Takara Transformers Masterpiece Optimus Prime Ver 3 on Display at Wonderfest 2018

Postby william-james88 » Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:12 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
The big reveal of Tokyo Toy Show was the new Masterpiece Optimus Prime. So, with Wonderfest Summer happening right now, we get to actually see this grey model on display. It is next to previously released Masterpiece toys like Sunstreaker and Ratchet and also next to newly revealed Hound, for you to better assess the scale. His tag still does not give us his MP number but it does have "(ver. 3)" as part of it's title, for identification purposes. We see both his robot mode and his cab and trailer mode. We also get a good shot at his back which surprisingly seems quite clean and a good take on his backpack in the G1 cartoon. We also see him with his shoulders kept more inside for a more narrow stance. The pictures come from Weibo and Twitter, and Dengeki Hobby.

Let us know what you think of this new Optimus Prime Ver 3! And keep an eye out on our site as we will be unloading more news from the show!

If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4498
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-?? Optimus Prime 3.0 Discussion Thread

Postby RainyDayMan2k » Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:29 pm

Motto: "I'm tired of being tired."
Proofreading: "assess", not "asses".

Still, very nice to see its scale. Also, MP Hound looks great!
RainyDayMan2k
Micromaster
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 3
Endurance: 5
Courage: 7
Firepower: 2
Skill: 8

Postby Qwan » Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:36 pm

Motto: "There's no such thing as a no-lose situation, but if you try your hardest, you'll lose the least."
Weapon: Hand-Mounted Lasers
Shegotron wrote:Proofreading: "assess", not "asses".

Still, very nice to see its scale. Also, MP Hound looks great!

Oops! Fixed that little (Freudian, Will? ;) ) slip.

ultraimpossibleman wrote:Grand innacurration and heavy mistakes !

Diem wrote:This is exactly the kind of nonsense I'm here for.
Qwan
Gestalt Team Leader
News Credits: 102
Watch Qwan on YouTube
Alt Mode: The very concept of transformation itself
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 8
Endurance: 3
Courage: 5
Firepower: 7
Skill: 7

Postby EvasionModeBumblebee » Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:41 pm

Motto: "Are you telling me you could've been a Camaro this whole time?!"
Weapon: Plasma Cannon
I wasn’t really impressed by the early pictures of this new Optimus, but he looks great in these pictures!
The Beekeeper of Seibertron

Check out my Studio Series customs! Newest update: SS-99 Battletrap
evasionmodebumblebee-s-studio-series-repaints-p2062217.php#p2062217

AKA CamaroBee
EvasionModeBumblebee
Godmaster
News Credits: 53
Alt Mode: 2011 Concept Camaro
Strength: 6
Endurance: 5
Firepower: 3

Postby Relic0037 » Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:28 pm

Motto: ""More than Meets the Eye, although my eyesight isn't what it used to be!""
Weapon: Slingshot
As much as they milked the MP-10 mold for as many repaints as they could get from it, I wonder how many we will get from this new version over the next 10 years or so?
Relic0037
Vehicon
News Credits: 4
Speed: 4
Endurance: 9
Courage: 6

Postby william-james88 » Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:56 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
Relic0037 wrote:As much as they milked the MP-10 mold for as many repaints as they could get from it, I wonder how many we will get from this new version over the next 10 years or so?

If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4498
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby daoist » Sat Jul 28, 2018 9:30 pm

...Holy crap his doors open!
daoist
Mini-Con

Postby Ultra Markus » Sat Jul 28, 2018 9:51 pm

Motto: "“You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain.” - Harvey Dent in The Dark Knight"
Weapon: 16 Cannons
very nice, but still if they go through the trouble of going cartoon accurate with robot mode this one especially they should make the truck mode cartoon accurate as well, who knows there might be less panel forming with it :-?
Ultra Markus
Gestalt
Alt Mode: the biggest baddest thing ever
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Re: Takara Transformers Masterpiece Optimus Prime Ver 3 on Display at Wonderfest 2018

Postby Cyberpath » Sun Jul 29, 2018 12:26 am

william-james88 wrote:Image

Hello, my new favourite Masterpiece!
Cyberpath
City Commander
News Credits: 372

Postby RotorstormNZ » Sun Jul 29, 2018 1:53 am

Motto: "Well...I thought it was funny!"
Relic0037 wrote:As much as they milked the MP-10 mold for as many repaints as they could get from it, I wonder how many we will get from this new version over the next 10 years or so?

As long as we get G2 (with soundbox and stupidly-large cannon) like I had as a kid, I'll be happy! :-D
"We just kinda have to enjoy it for what it is, you know? Our stuff we like is continuing to move on: we may not like facets of it but cool enough, right?" - Tigertrack

"If you don’t like the way it’s going, guess what - all the stuff you had? It’s still there!" - Mr. Starscream

"But it's not what I want!" - Seibertron
RotorstormNZ
Vehicon
News Credits: 6
Watch RotorstormNZ on YouTube
Alt Mode: F-35B Lightning II
Endurance: 3
Courage: 8

Postby Cyberpath » Sun Jul 29, 2018 2:25 am

Wow!

Cyberpath
City Commander

Postby ZeroWolf » Sun Jul 29, 2018 2:57 am

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
He actually does look quite good here, though I'm still not bothered about cartoon accuracy. The trailer intrigues me though, does it only open to reveal the Base as before or is there more going on there
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
News Credits: 1350

Postby xMXUx » Sun Jul 29, 2018 3:40 am

Motto: "True hell is life gone wrong"
Weapon: Corrosive Acid Bolt Gun
Truck mode looks amazing! As does the rest of him!
If drinking's what it take to be accepted
I'd rather stay aware and be rejected

Uniform Choice - No Thanks
xMXUx
Minibot
News Credits: 11
Endurance: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6

Postby NTESHFT » Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:25 am

Motto: "60% of the time, it works every time!"
Weapon: Black Magic
I'm ready to see color shots!!! I'm grabbing him too....
NTESHFT
Brainmaster
Buy from NTESHFT on eBay
Alt Mode: NISMO 370Z
Strength: 8
Speed: 9
Courage: 7
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Re: MP Optimus Prime 3.0

Postby Cyberpath » Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:52 am

Side profile of the head --

I'm glad they went with the more angular TOEI Animation style.
Cyberpath
City Commander

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:03 am

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
Eh, he looks better here than those initial reveals, but eh, still not doing it for me. The faceplate for some reason seems to be a bit too tall too
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Speed: 7

Postby Ironhidensh » Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:36 am

Motto: "Tell those damned kids to stay off my lawn!!!"
Weapon: Big Cannon
MP-10 is a better figure overall, but with the current direction of the MP line, this is a much, much better fit.
Card carrying grumpy old man.

Leonardo wrote:Take your lips off my pipe!
Ironhidensh
Faction Commander
News Credits: 25
Buy from Ironhidensh on eBay
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 6
Endurance: 10+
Firepower: 10+

MP OP V3 -- MOAR

Postby Cyberpath » Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:03 am

Is that the alt-mode grill folded inside his back?
Cyberpath
City Commander

Re: MP OP V3 -- MOAR

Postby daoist » Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:33 am

Cyberpath wrote:Image

Is that the alt-mode grill folded inside his back?

Yeah looks like it. The top of the backpack with the central screw is the front bumper and hinged on to the sides are the outer corners of the front bumper.

Also sandwiched in the backpack it looks like the panels from the top of the truck mode.
daoist
Mini-Con

Postby Amelie » Sun Jul 29, 2018 5:24 pm

Motto: "I-I'm sorry.. I-I'll be going now.."
Weapon: No Weapon
Holiday with girlfriend? Nope.
Redecorate the bedroom? Nope.
Christmas gifts for family? Nope.

This is what that part-time job is for. Hold everything else - I'm sleeping in a cardboard box until I've saved up enough.
Burn wrote:Let it be known, I murdered Amelie.
Accidentally.

Back from the dead, like some curious zombie amalgam...
Amelie
Godmaster
News Credits: 33
Alt Mode: Unicrons Transformation Cog
Strength: 3
Endurance: 4
Firepower: 1

Postby Emerje » Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:57 pm

Motto: "Spellcheck's antithesis."
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer

Aw crap, that's a soundbox if I ever saw one, you can see the speaker holes on the bottom and an on/off switch on the side. I'm not surprised, but I was really hoping this one would be lights only. This will most definitely be the new "most expensive MP ever". Maybe I'll pass and hold out for a Hasbro release with Peter Cullen's voice...

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff
News Credits: 235
Alt Mode: Lobster Moose
Strength: 9
Endurance: 8
Skill: 6

Postby Amelie » Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:07 pm

Motto: "I-I'm sorry.. I-I'll be going now.."
Weapon: No Weapon
Emerje wrote:Aw crap, that's a soundbox if I ever saw one, you can see the speaker holes on the bottom and an on/off switch on the side. I'm not surprised, but I was really hoping this one would be lights only. This will most definitely be the new "most expensive MP ever". Maybe I'll pass and hold out for a Hasbro release with Peter Cullen's voice...

Emerje

I'm really hoping that the "sounds" are just 'pew pew', 'cho-chok-chik' and 'chik-chok-cho'.... :-D

Though we all know the end result is a remortgage and a long chat with the kids about why Santa won't be coming this Christmas.... Image
Burn wrote:Let it be known, I murdered Amelie.
Accidentally.

Back from the dead, like some curious zombie amalgam...
Amelie
Godmaster
News Credits: 33
Alt Mode: Unicrons Transformation Cog
Strength: 3
Endurance: 4
Firepower: 1

Postby ZeroWolf » Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:23 am

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
Amelie wrote:
Emerje wrote:Aw crap, that's a soundbox if I ever saw one, you can see the speaker holes on the bottom and an on/off switch on the side. I'm not surprised, but I was really hoping this one would be lights only. This will most definitely be the new "most expensive MP ever". Maybe I'll pass and hold out for a Hasbro release with Peter Cullen's voice...

Emerje

I'm really hoping that the "sounds" are just 'pew pew', 'cho-chok-chik' and 'chik-chok-cho'.... :-D

Though we all know the end result is a remortgage and a long chat with the kids about why Santa won't be coming this Christmas.... Image

No its a chat about why santa is coming but only to daddy and why the kids aren't allowed to touch it :-D
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
News Credits: 1350

Postby MemphisR56 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 5:40 am

Motto: "An inconvenience is just an adventure wrongly viewed!"
Weapon: Crossbow
Emerje wrote:

Aw crap, that's a soundbox if I ever saw one, you can see the speaker holes on the bottom and an on/off switch on the side. I'm not surprised, but I was really hoping this one would be lights only. This will most definitely be the new "most expensive MP ever". Maybe I'll pass and hold out for a Hasbro release with Peter Cullen's voice...

Emerje

Unfortunately, We'll not be getting any more :HASBRO: versions of MPs. One of the SDCC interviews with John Warden stated that any US releases will be the exact same production run of the figure as the :TAKARATOMY: markets, even in the exact same box, the only difference will be a cardboard sleeve around the box with english language text (and presumably hasbro branding).
PSN: MemphisR56
Twitter: @Ratchphis

MemphisR56
Pretender
News Credits: 6
Watch MemphisR56 on YouTube
Buy from MemphisR56 on eBay
Strength: 7
Speed: 3
Endurance: 9
Courage: 9
Firepower: 6
Skill: 6

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WHEELJACK Transformers Studio Series 81 Deluxe Bumblebee Hasbro 2022 New"
WHEELJACK Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Mega Axe Attack OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Cyberverse Adventures Warrior 2021"
Mega Axe Attack OP ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHATTER Transformers Bumblebee Movie Energon Igniters Power Plus Series 2018 New"
SHATTER Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Age Extinction One-Step complete AOE Hasbro 2014"
OPTIMUS PRIME Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Funko Pop! Transformers OPTIMUS PRIME Vinyl Figure #22 Retro Toys 2020 New"
Funko Pop! Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIME PEN Transformers Energon Stylus Hasbro 2004 230427A"
OPTIMUS PRIME PEN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Rescan OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Rescue Bots Academy Playskool Racing Truck New"
Rescan OPTIMUS PRI ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Rescan BUMBLEBEE Transformers Rescue Bots Academy Playskool 2020 Offroad vehicle"
Rescan BUMBLEBEE T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "World's Smallest Transformers OPTIMUS PRIME 1.25" Micro Action Figure Authentic"
World's Smallest T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Robot Heroes OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Movie Series Revenge Fallen ROTF 211023A"
Robot Heroes OPTIM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Micro Machines Hauler Playset G1 Hasbro 2022 New"
OPTIMUS PRIME Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BLACK CONVOY PEN Transformers Sentinel Optimus Prime Japan Takara Tomy 2014 New"
NEW!
BLACK CONVOY PEN T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Prime Arms Micron Gacha Arms Microns Takara Tomy 2012"
OPTIMUS PRIME Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ULTIMATE OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Dark Moon complete + more DOTM 2011 230427A"
ULTIMATE OPTIMUS P ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Exclusive Cyber Battalion Class Shockwave Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Blackwing" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Rippersnapper" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Alchemist Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Deception Off Road Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Thundercracker Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Swindle" on AMAZON